Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/18/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'll miss Jed, but I do think this wasnt planned whatsoever considering the cups featuring the ghosts just came out and she was featured on them.  I think the show could do fine with 4 cohosts sitting in, but I'll be interested to see if they will agree on the political topics or not.  I know on the non political ones, Sunny doesnt always agree with the others.

I'll miss Sara when she goes on maternity leave later this year,  I like her take on topics and she seems so lively and fun.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I don't dislike people just because they have different political views than me.  It's how they express those views that will cause me to dislike them.  And for some reason this show just loves to hire obnoxious Republicans.

A-MEN. I am extremely left-leaning, and somehow a family of Republicans spawned me. They are nice, I am nice, and we can have political discussions without calling names or supporting insane polar extremes. I have friends I grew up with who are full-fledged MAGA-red-hat wearers. And yet we maintain warm relationships with one another.

I know that there are reasonable, intelligent, likable conservative women out there. Yet The View can't find one? Why? (The closest was Nicolle Wallace, who was great politically but not so hot on the other aspects of the job.)

• Love 17

I admit to Bila ruining the view for me. Not because of her views. I like her and her stirring the pot, but she was trained at fox, to just talk fast and say the fox approved things

(people say, etc). If she really was an independent I would have liked her, as the View does need something. Sara is just a sweetheart who likes to punch Joy. So my ideal panel includes Joy and Sara. I like Whoopi as an actress, and on the panel, but not as a host. What will happen when Sara goes on maternity leave?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, nokat said:

What will happen when Sara goes on maternity leave?

That's what I'm wondering and worrying about.  I can't see Paula being there everyday with Whoopi.  That's not good.  And speaking of not good, I could not get through the 1st segment of today's show.  It was very boring and uncomfortable like no one wanted to talk about the elephant in the room.  I don't know if I'll watch the rest. 

• Love 5

Although it will probably all be forgotten by November, I hope they don't have another birthday extravaganza for Whoopie with special guests and her favorite musician when Sara got a tiara, a visit from 2 people she lives with, chocolate and left by herself on the stage to end the show.

• Love 12

I actually agreed with Whoops today (tues) (eek!?) about trump and Joy was crushing it as usual. I see Sarah was told to take Jed's place in the WTF part. I like Sunny. I wish she'd stop with the Princess Diana eyes and the head tilt. She's an atty and not 12.

And I agree. Let the drunk throw up in an uber. :-)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Although it will probably all be forgotten by November, I hope they don't have another birthday extravaganza for Whoopie with special guests and her favorite musician when Sara got a tiara, a visit from 2 people she lives with, chocolate and left by herself on the stage to end the show.

THIS! Some folks get the whole freakin b'day hour.  I hope they don't morph Sarah into a Jed replacement. She can't really pull it off imo. 

19 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I flirted with The Talk, and I still tape it to see who the guests are. But I'm much more interested in politics than Kardashians, so I find it too fluffy and insubstantial. Give me The View, with all its warts.

I agree.  Lighthearted is fine, but it's all fluff and no substance.  Way too much celebrity-type gossip stuff for me.  I watch from time to time, but I think The View is far better in every way.  (Like you, I watch if I'm interested in the guests.  Most of the time, I'm not.)

• Love 6

It's definitely MM. Jed is flat-chested and even talked about it during the breasts discussion last week. Meghan McCain is busty and has an ailing father.

It *does* make one wonder about her Fox contract. Was she asked to be released early because of "family issues" and Fox was taking their time? I agree upthread that it's likely ABC told Jed she was being replaced but that they had to wait for the ink to dry on her replacement's contract. I don't blame her for being peeved.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ari333 said:

THIS! Some folks get the whole freakin b'day hour.  

I wish they'd do away with birthday bashes for everyone.  Those shows are very boring to me.  (LOL, at first I typed "sows."  Well, that too.)

10 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

http://blindgossip.com/?p=87230

This one sounds suspiciously like Jedidiah or Meghan. 

Did Meghan use her dad's illness as the reason for leaving Fox?  It does sound like her.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wish they'd do away with birthday bashes for everyone.  Those shows are very boring to me.  (LOL, at first I typed "sows."  Well, that too.)

Did Meghan use her dad's illness as the reason for leaving Fox?  It does sound like her.

bwahahahhahaa b'day SOWS! are so boring. I hate them. The only thing I liked was when Whoopi was off stage and those ladies were singing.  No need to replace Jed. Just leave it like it is. And if we have a parade of others ...yawn.. What is odd for me is Whoops makes sense every once in a long, long time. Yeah, I know. I said it. :-) And Joy for full time mod, but that'll never happen.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I wish they'd do away with birthday bashes for everyone.

I'll never understand a show devoting an hour long to celebrate an adult's birthday.  It's silly- most adults just go to work on their birthday, maybe get a cake, and move on with it.

This will sound unpopular, but I think Joy shouldn't be moderator because she c ant remain objective especially during political topics.  She's almost as bad as Whoopi with interrupting people especially those that don't agree with her.

Meredith was perfect as moderator and sadly she will.neber return full time.  Veterans day last year was a beautiful gift of her being back as moderator for one day.

With that said, we will have to wait to see if Meghan McCain will be the newest co host, or if it's just a rumor.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

She didn't use that reason (at least not publicly). She was reportedly leaving to concentrate on other things and most news outlets that reported on it mentioned Sen. McCain's illness and drew either a solid or dotted line, as if his health is where she needed to focus her attention. At the time, I thought it was an odd connection/inference, because John McCain is currently working in D.C. It's not like he's home in his sick bed.

Here's one of the early stories, from Variety. I could have sworn that CNN first broke the story, but I couldn't find the link. 

• Love 1
On September 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM, atlantaloves said:

Whoa, YES, thank you Jesus, and I'm Jewish. Jed is gone? What What What? Damn, they must have fired her, she's not working out the week? What in the world. Oh, this makes my year. There is a God. I don't care who they get to replace her, just looking at her made me sick, she was an evil viper.  Let's see what we can find out as to whether she was fired gang okay? Inquiring Minds Need to Know.  

I'm back  to reality late last night from Hawaii with my immedate neighbour who had plugged shared piping at some point so had sewer situation in my bathroom, looking up with Jed leaving to write her world changing book  

I don't think  can do Megan though  

• Love 1

I notice they don't talk about Barbara Walters too often anymore except today because of 20/20.  I saw on TMZ that she rarely leaves her house anymore because of fear of falling at her age and ending up in the hospital.

One thing is I wish they would have mentioned her 20/20 co-host Hugh Downs (if they did, I missed it) because he is still alive and about 95 now.  I actually thought he died years ago because I knew he was somewhat older than Barbara when they were on 20/20.  I never missed them back in the day.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Tenarife60 said:

I notice they don't talk about Barbara Walters too often anymore except today because of 20/20.  I saw on TMZ that she rarely leaves her house anymore because of fear of falling at her age and ending up in the hospital.

I wonder why they avoid talking about Barbara too. On the first day of this season, unless I missed it, they didn't even mention her, and she was the founder of the show 21 years ago. I feel badly for her if she is in ill health.

• Love 3

on yesterdays show when joy was talking about sleeping with her now husband 2 hours after meeting him, what was sarah calling her? my tv station muted it out. it seemed like she calling her a whore? 

if that's the case, that was really juvenile humor. what an immature idiot. although, i can't stand her, so......

2 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Yeah, the way I heard it Missy Sarah called Mrs. Joy a "Ho" -- which I totally approve of in the BEST way! I love that Joy.  

Actually, I'm sure Sara said:  "Hashtag Who-ah!"  They had been talking about adding hashtags to conversations, or something like that.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

I wonder why they avoid talking about Barbara too. On the first day of this season, unless I missed it, they didn't even mention her, and she was the founder of the show 21 years ago. I feel badly for her if she is in ill health.

I find Barbara intolerable, always have.  She didn't invent penicillin, she started a TV show, like many others before her and since.  Hell, Gary Marshall produced more than 21 hit TV shows.   No need to mention her until she dies when they do a memorial show.  

I love that they fired Jed!  She is the one who ruined the show for me.  I like Whoopie, and adore Joy and Sarah.  Sunny, can be annoying but much less so that CCB, the previous conservative, religious zealot.  

I will miss Sarah when she goes on leave.  :^(

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Kenz said:

I wonder why they avoid talking about Barbara too.

I saw on some "gossipy" show (TMZ maybe?) that Barbara is fraile, forgetful, and rarely goes out anymore.  Maybe the panel has been asked not to discuss her...yet.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sunny was blowing smoke up Whoopi's ass when she said her son thought Whoopi looked "pretty" in Sister Act & Sunny said "She still is."  Come on ... give me a break.  Whoopi is anything but pretty!!!

Sunny keeps on complimenting Whoopi in the hopes that Whoopi will like her.  Whoopi is a strange bird - can't figure out what makes her tick.

• Love 8

To those commenting above regarding Barbara's health, I'm carrying over this post I made on September 8 in the "View in the Media" forum, answering Perez Hilton's remarks that were picked up by TMZ:

Perez Hilton's report of Barbara's frailty is being disputed by her representative, but who knows?  He said...she said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/barbara-walters-is-fine-despite-reports-of-failing-health/ar-AArwdTU?li=BBnb7Kz

Guess it remains to be seen...

• Love 1

Joe was lucky that he had a good band and back up singers when he performed. His voice is pretty weak. I tried to understand the words that he was singing, but I gave up. I did detect some kind of a rip off vibe from a Joe Walsh song though.

• Love 4
On 9/20/2017 at 10:38 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Sunny was blowing smoke up Whoopi's ass when she said her son thought Whoopi looked "pretty" in Sister Act & Sunny said "She still is."

I think Sunny's insecurities from childhood/teen years have stayed with her.  She NEEDS everyone to like her and is relentless in that pursuit.  In her mind she's a wonderful person and just needs a chance to prove it.   I've always been embarrassed to see that go on around me.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

I don’t watch Morning Joe. I remember the news story with Trump’s tweets and blackmail attempt a couple of months ago, so I didn’t mind hearing them talk about that. I found them both a little irritating though, especially Scarborough constantly answering all the questions (even when they weren't directed at him) and talking over Mika. And then the singing performance at the end made me cringe a little.

I’ve found Hot Topics calm and entertaining the past two days. Too bad it can't stay this way.

• Love 8

The climate is so much calmer without Jed, plus I think producers must have read Whoopi the riot act. It's actually an adult, reasonable conversation now. Do they *have* to have a conservative? Maybe it would be fine to be a liberal talk show. Sunny was irritating at first, but I got used to her prissy demeanor, and she is a good solid voice at the table. And Sara is a terrific, sharp journalist.

• Love 9

I've been catching up on the last few episode of The View and what a difference without Jedi. The conversation has a comfortable flow and everyone appears to be relaxed. Whoopi has been tolerable this week and I hope it continues as she makes it nearly unwatchable with her condescending, "I disagree, here's the thing" interruptions. It may lean liberal, but so be it, at least it's watchable. If you want debates and contention, we have plenty of cable programs that fit the bill. 

New to this board -- excuse the excess inserted crap!

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 4

About as watchable as watching paint dry.  Or watching four people talk about topics in which they agree 99% of the time. 

I just finished watching the T/W/Th episodes on the ABC APP. (BTW, Jed already photoshopped out of the cast picture).  Tues and Wed seemed very odd, as if all the cast were walking on eggshells, with a big Jed Elephant sitting in the corner.  Thursday seemed much better and everyone seemed more relaxed.

I have watched The View since it started.  I have never watched for the interviews. I would record the first 20 minutes of the show. The only thing that ever interested me were hearing The Views. 21 years ago it was innovative and interesting.  Now that there are dozens of yakking heads, the show morphed into being entirely about the views of the co-hosts, with an occasional heavily-scripted blue-card 4-minute interview tossed in.  Contrary to most on this site, I love a Full Day of Hot Topics, 3 or 4 a week would be fine by me.  

I don't know much about Meghan McCain.  My only real memories of her are a marble-mouthed clumsy public speaker who was trying too hard, but that was during/after her father's campaigns. Maybe she will bring a spark, though we have seen enough co-hosts going through that revolving View Door to know that chemistry is iffy.  Maybe they had "dry run" episodes secretly taped to test the chemistry, but it seems very risky to bring in a new conservative fifth host with no experience handling four very liberal experienced broadcasters.

I do think that Jed pulled a *Modified Star Jones*.  I suspect that TPTB told her that she was being moved out (maybe to a similar role that Paula has) and she just decided to leave immediately.  That would explain the somewhat shellshock demeanor that I saw on Tues/Wed episodes.

• Love 5

I burst out laughing when Paula asked the Mooch if he’d ever found his wife cheating on him considering his wife left him when he joined the Trump administration. Way to stick a knife in that elephant in the room, Paula.

I liked that Joy acknowledged that The View having the Mooch on as a guest co-host is the same as Sean Spicer showing up as a joke at the Emmy’s or Trump appearing on Fallon/SNL. I laughed when he unsuccessfully tried to justify his abrupt change in views on Trump and Joy was just like, "Yeah, yeah, whatever.  Bullshit." And she didn't back down on the subject of leaks and "wanting the president to succeed" nonsense either. Love her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10

I really like Friday. Paula is there, Whoopi is not. The table if fun, and funny, less angry .I like the Mooch, Mario needs to tone it down, but then I also liked Spicer. I'd tune in if everyday was this much fun! 

But alas, it will return to norm on Monday.:( 

• Love 5