Type keyword(s) to search

LA To Vegas - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

My favorite scene was when Artem hands Captain Dave the sand from his pocket to help him win the fight. During the fight you can see the sand spilling out of his hand. The only thing funnier would have been if he did a Salt Bae imitation with the sand.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 7:16 PM, MrWhyt said:

your mouth looks like what people assume my mouth looks like. Stormare is great.

When he told Ronnie "You need to be patient - as a noun and an adjective" was his best line of the night for me

• Love 10
(edited)

I agree this episode wasn't as strong, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. The Captain Dave/Captain Steve plot alone elevated it. My favorite line?

"The only thing I'm scared of is your naked undernose, have some respect and cover that thing up!"

I don't know what was funnier, the passion with which Dylan McD delivered the line, or Dermot Mulroney's look of shame-slash-disgust right after he heard it. I had to rewind it twice.

Artem and Nicole remain hilarious. As does this whole show, frankly.

Edited by Princess Lucky
  • Love 8

Dave: So, I heard you got slapped with the big D.

Colin: Excuse me?

Dave: Divorce. It’s rough, been there. I’ve actually had three big Ds slap me right across the face.

Colin: You have to know you’re saying that wrong.

Alan in the overhead bin was hilarious, especially when Ronnie found him.

• Love 11

I kept wondering why they didn't deploy the emergency exit slide. LOL when they finally did and it just shot across the tarmac. 

Ugh, Zachary Knighton looks terrible with the man bun (but then, so does any man, IMO). I knew he'd turn out to be an important character the second I saw him since he's fairly well-known on sitcoms. 

I loved the tag with Ronnie finding Alan in the overhead compartment. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I kept wondering why they didn't deploy the emergency exit slide. LOL when they finally did and it just shot across the tarmac. 

Worse than that, there's an evacuation rope in every cockpit and a window designed for an exit so a rope made of blankets really wasn't necessary. Still, I liked the jokes enough not to be bothered by the discrepancy.

• Love 2

I'm kind of sorry they're going for the "unrequited love" plot, but overall, I'm enjoying this show. I like that they aren't making Captain Dave a douchebag stereotype. For example, in last week's episode, he indicates he goes to a book club, and he chose it over his martial arts class when the club changed its meeting date., and likewise, Colin isn't just some tight-ass professor -- he was a boxer in college.

And Allen isn't just some nerd. Apparently, he has a bit of a cocaine problem. :-)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I'm kind of sorry they're going for the "unrequited love" plot, but overall, I'm enjoying this show.

Yes.. that was disappointing.  I just love that they have this little family in such an odd situation.   Loved captain dave and his "big D"... funny. 

• Love 1

OMG when Colin found out the plane was on autopilot and Captain Dave says, "does a surgeon do the MIDDLE of the operation?" And Colin says "Yes!" And Captain Dave says, "you don't know" and walks away. That and whatever Ronnie was saying about her magic kit and cupping balls and Nichole says "that's not magic, it's just good technique." 

• Love 8

Damn, Nichole in that dress!  I know I talk up Kim Matula most of the time, but I was crushing on Olivia Macklin big time in this episode.  In general, I loved the Ronnie and Nichole duo, and their interactions here.  I liked that despite their differences, they actually did have a lot of common like liking the same drink and having the same opinions about Ryan Gosling.

The guy's night out stuff was fun, although I was also wondering why they didn't automatically try the exit slide at first.  Then I remembered they were probably drunk on min-bottles of vodka and high on oxygen (ha!), so maybe it would take them a while to finally figure that out.

The only thing I wasn't wild about was the new love interest clearly hear to keep Ronnie and Colin apart, but other than that, a pretty hilarious episode.  This show really has grown on me.

• Love 3

The episodes have all been solid, show is growing on me. 

Ronnie is hot in that dress. 

And I actually don't care about Ronnie and Colin, at all.  I mean, fine, if they get together.....but I not just dying for it on this show.

Also disappointed in the stereotypical gay guy stereotype that has been done so many times. 

But its a good mix of characters.  Sharp writing.  Interesting situations so far. 

• Love 1

This was of the best episodes yet!! Just so many goofy lines/moments in this one that had me snorting(Alan stuck in the overhead bins, "this bro-tissery chicken is already on the rack and rolling", the fellas huffing the oxygen, their drunken Spin Doctors karaoke, etc).

My favorite LOL moment of the episode:

Alan- "What are you guys talking about?"

Capt. Dave- "Your mom."

Alan- "Oh, what a slut, right?"

And that was such a fun subplot between Ronnie and Nicole, those two getting all gussied up going out on the town in Vegas with the douchey Penn & Teller generic duo. Loved how the sweet hipster "sell-out" chef is a potential romantic interest for Ronnie; she deserves better than that cute-but-uptight British professor.

Dylan M is just killing it with his cheesy Captain Dave schtick("Its officially Cool o'Clock!"); I'm starting to suddenly find myself crushing hard on him when he's all suited up...and recommending the latest sleazy stripclub du'jour via the plane intercom.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4
On 3/10/2018 at 3:46 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Dylan M is just killing it with his cheesy Captain Dave schtick("Its officially Cool o'Clock!"); I'm starting to suddenly find myself crushing hard on him when he's all suited up...and recommending the latest sleazy stripclub du'jour via the plane intercom.

I  love Captain Dave's announcements. They're so inappropriately hilarious. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I would watch a show about Parking Lot B.

Maybe it was a backdoor pilot.

I love this show more than I thought I would.

And is it just me, or was Colin sexier this time (and not just because he spiced up his lecture or made a student orgasm over economics). Also, Nicole making a play for Colin?

• Love 1

I love this show so, so much. Every episode has me literally laughing out loud. 

Last night’s line of the night (for me) was, “You’re like a textbook that wished to be a real boy.”

Runner-up goes to the wheelchair-bound student who thought about leaving mid-lecture but didn’t because it was too dangerous. But he thought about it a lot. 

• Love 4

When Captain Dave was watching the game during landing procedures, I nearly choked to death on my popcorn.

And I love the First Officer.  I don't know his name.  I do know that he has a massive addiction to cocaine ;-)

• Love 2

I didn't find it hysterically funny but I did crack up at whatever captain dave was wearing as his relaxed clothes -- the 1980s called and they want their upturned polo shirt collar back. 

• Love 2

Everything involving Parking Lot B was cracking me up.  I totally could see someone like Captain Dave living there.  Not surprised that Ronnie inadvertently caused havoc in there, but I enjoyed their interactions and, despite what Ronnie claims, "mentorship."

Speaking of which, Nichole helping make Colin a better professor by basically teaching him stripper moves was hilarious.  I do like how the show is letting the different characters interact with one another.  I do wonder if Nichole was making a play with Colin at the end, which I'm not sure I want to see happened, but I really wouldn't blame Colin because Nichole is awesome.

Alan is sure full of surprises, huh?

Where did the red door go?!!

• Love 4
On 3/15/2018 at 1:56 AM, bethster2000 said:

When Captain Dave was watching the game during landing procedures, I nearly choked to death on my popcorn.

And I love the First Officer.  I don't know his name.  I do know that he has a massive addiction to cocaine ;-)

And an $80,000 car . . .

• Love 3
On 16/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, LadyKenobi said:

“the vibe has never been worse than dank!”

I lost it when Captain Dave said that.

Another home run. I love this show, because it's as hilarious as it is heartwarming. It has the perfect mix of one-liners, absurd scenarios (Bernard's red door!), overall cheer, and heart. My favorite part was the conversation between Ronnie and Captain Dave, when she (basically) said, "You're saying I need to grow up," and he replied, "No, you're saying it, which is better." That was such a lovely moment. I love that Dave isn't just a screwup, he's also a good person, and sometimes he's even right about some stuff, heh. And Ronnie is kind of a mess, but she's not unapologetic, she tries to better herself.

Oh and I loved the extra dose of Bernard we got this week. Especially when he told Colin he's not good at building people up, just tearing them down. And we did get another "Bernard is possibly 124 years old" reference, didn't we? 

Anyway. This is such a feel-good show, and I love every minute of it.

• Love 10

I thought it would turn Lord of the Flies when they got locked down. Nicole running a water and snack black market was great though. Wish they'd given it more than D plot status because it was better than the dummy and better than Ronnie's crush.

Alan's delivery is always spot on. With another actor he might be annoying, but here is perfectly cast.

"You didn't not pose for it."

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ae2 said:

I thought it would turn Lord of the Flies when they got locked down. Nicole running a water and snack black market was great though. Wish they'd given it more than D plot status because it was better than the dummy and better than Ronnie's crush.

Alan's delivery is always spot on. With another actor he might be annoying, but here is perfectly cast.

"You didn't not pose for it."

I think the whole idea was it going Lord of The Flies until someone gave up their seats but Nicole and Ronnie’s idiot boyfriend kept getting in the way.  

I think my favorite line was by Benard when Nicole handed them their cut of the money paraphrasing “We’ll all be working for her some day won’t we?”.  

• Love 4

The actor playing Ronnie's boyfriend must have pissed off the wardrobe and makeup staff.  If it's a wig, it's hideous.  If it's his real hair, it's atrocious.  (Unless there's a future plot point that mentions it and it needs to stay.)  It's 10X worse than Corey Stoll's and Megan Boone's hatemongering disasters.

52 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

The actor playing Ronnie's boyfriend must have pissed off the wardrobe and makeup staff.  If it's a wig, it's hideous.  If it's his real hair, it's atrocious.  (Unless there's a future plot point that mentions it and it needs to stay.)  It's 10X worse than Corey Stoll's and Megan Boone's hatemongering disasters.

Pretty certain its Zach's real hair.

• Love 1

Yeah, it looks like Zachary Knighton's real hair, but it still looks awful. I don't know what he's thinking.

Honestly, is there anything creepier than a ventriloquist's dummy? I got a kick out of Artem saying it was still better than a chatty Canadian tourist, and then he gets stuck next to one at the very end.

There's nothing that makes me angrier than over-booking. I honestly don't know how that's legal. But realistically, why couldn't Colin have just taken a later flight? He's commuting to see his kid, it's not like he has an important business meeting to get to. Most of these passengers are going to Vegas to gamble, and they are taking the cheapest flight they can find - it seems unlikely nobody would jump at the offer of $255 to take a later flight. That's probably more than most of them will win at the crap tables. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

why couldn't Colin have just taken a later flight? He's commuting to see his kid, it's not like he has an important business meeting to get to.

And he clearly wasn't in a rush to see him since he was going to have drinks with Ronnie.

How random that they got an actor who couldn't even pretend to be a ventriloquist.

• Love 1

Overbooking happens because people don’t show up and/or entire flights don’t come in on time, so the airlines just gamble there will be enough seats. It’s awful.

The way to fix that is to make it impossible to get a refund or rebooking if you don't show up for your flight without adequate notice. That way the seat is paid for either way and the airline doesn't lose any money. People who did show up shouldn't be punished because the airline overbooked. I still say it should be illegal.

• Love 2

My uncle owns a bus company that does tours.  I went on one of the tours once during a bad storm.  About half the seats were empty because people didn’t show up.   My Uncle ended up losing money because most of the people asked for their money back.   If airports are not going to overbook then their needs to be a no refund policy except in cases of flight cancellation by the airline.  Airlines overbook because people don’t show up and flights have gotten so inexpensive that not having every seet full is flying at a loss for them. 

• Love 1
On 3/21/2018 at 6:33 AM, LadyKenobi said:

Dummy storyline was the first miss on this show. Embarrassingly bad.

The sushi was awesomely creative and Ronnie (“Ronald!”) sucks for standing up Colin. But I really like how the female lead isn’t perfect.

The jetway is Switzerland, lol.

I thought the dummy story line was going to be totally awful, but a couple of the lines were pretty funny. The Canadian at the end was hilarious.

• Love 3

Nichole using the grounded flight as way to make a killing on candy and water was great.  I really do like how the show is actually making her legit business smart in a lot of ways.  Bernard's crack about all of them working for her one day was on point.

I actually enjoyed the dummy stuff somewhat due to Peter Storemare's reactions, but the ending was underwhelming.  I wanted Artem to at least destroy it.

I'm not wild about Ronnie/Colin as a potential couple, but I'm bored by the third wheel already and it did kind of suck that Ronnie didn't even come over and tell Colin she was leaving, and he just happened to see it.  I guess it will be chalked up to her being too distracted.

Heartbroken Captain Dave was hilarious.  Especially him tearing "Ronnie's" picture in slo-mo.  Dylan McDermott is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Heartbroken Captain Dave was hilarious.  Especially him tearing "Ronnie's" picture in slo-mo.  Dylan McDermott is the gift that keeps on giving.

That and the "I've been saving my frequent flier miles, I could've taken her to Pound Town." I was dying.

• Love 7
On 3/14/2018 at 7:03 AM, AnimeMania said:

I am glad they figured out how to have a full cast without staying on the plane. The plane limits the comedy potential.

The title and the premise limit my ability to get my coworkers to try this show. "LA to Vegas" makes it sound like the show entirely happens on the plane. I have trouble explaining to others that it's about the people who travel between LA and Vegas. The characters mostly transcend their biographies too. They almost never mention that Colin's visiting his son, or whatever Artem is traveling for.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:49 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Nichole using the grounded flight as way to make a killing on candy and water was great.  I really do like how the show is actually making her legit business smart in a lot of ways.  Bernard's crack about all of them working for her one day was on point.

It felt like a heads-up for an end-of-season plot twist.

I really hope this show sticks around. It's smart, sharp, and creative, and the cast has created a de facto family unit that's a joy to join. I'm engrossed from beginning to end.

• Love 3