Type keyword(s) to search

LA To Vegas - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Can't say I'm too surprised, but I'm still bummed.  I thought it really grew as the season progressed.  Hopefully Kim Matula and Olivia Macklin get some solid offers going forward.  And I hope Dylan McDermott continues to try doing more comedic roles, because this was my favorite work of his.

So, I believe Gotham is the only FOX show I currently watch that isn't dead, but it's next season will be its last.  I guess me and the network aren't on the same wavelength.

• Love 5

I’m so bummed. This show had such potential and such an awesome cast. It deserved a second chance!! This is why I shy away from new scripted shows more and more: the minute I start to get sucked in, they get cancelled!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

Does Fox have any comedies left?

Cartoons and they resurrected Tim Allen's cancelled Last Man Standing and picked up another multicam to pair with it. They did cancel all the single cam comedies. 

In the end, I blame the show's title. I think LA and Vegas aren’t romantic cities - they conjure expediency and fakeness. It makes you think that the core cast is human trash.

on the other hand, what exactly do we have to do to get original TV around here? I watched the show on streaming; this topic is full of avid audience members; the cast is mostly a home run.

Fare thee well, show, and know that you'll forever have a place on my NAS, next to other one-season wonders that were too different for a mainstream audience.

• Love 5

FOX didn’t help itself with the initial preview  that focused entirely on Captain Dave.  They looked stupid enough that i almost skipped the show entirely.  I am not sure why I even watched the pilot at all.  I was surprised how good it actually was and that it was actually an ensemble show.  The previews didn’t make it look that way.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

FOX didn’t help itself with the initial preview  that focused entirely on Captain Dave.  They looked stupid enough that i almost skipped the show entirely.  I am not sure why I even watched the pilot at all.  I was surprised how good it actually was and that it was actually an ensemble show.  The previews didn’t make it look that way.

I agree. From the previews it looked dreadful. I only watched the pilot because I was interested to see how Kim Matula would do, and I'm so glad I did. I will miss this show. 

• Love 1

Just read that this has been cancelled.  I am so annoyed with FOX right now and its live-action comedy purge.  I was holding out hope that since this didn't get cancelled when The Mick, Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn Nine-Nine did that it was going to be renewed.  Oh well.  Adios, FOX.  You straight up cancelled every show that I watched on your network.  

• Love 5
18 hours ago, LadyKenobi said:

Well shit.

Yup. I'm sorry to hear the show was cancelled. I liked it, and there were times it made me laugh out loud.

Is it just me or have the networks have been especially savage this season, cancelling shows left and right?

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh I literally just discovered this delightful show 2 weeks ago and have been binge watching ever since. I love the characters and the humor. So sad to hear it’s cancelled. How watchable shows like this get canned after one season and - lame, unfunny dreck like The Big Bang Theory stay on for 10 seasons - is truly beyond my comprehension. And don’t even get me started on Last Man Standing being revived. I seriously can.not.

Now I am wearing my sad on the outside and not just the inside. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 6
(edited)

I held off watching the last episode till last night. What a smart, goofy series. Bummed it's not continuing.

Captain Dave's proposal would have been spectacular, but yeah, he made the right decision. And he even let Alan fly the plane! That's what choked me up!

I admit I got pulled in by Ronnie changing her shirt in the very first scene of 1/1, but a really good series. Hope to see everyone again!

Edited by highway61
  • Love 2