Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Vodka and grapefruit juice. But with seltzer. Yuk. Some specialty drink. I can’t with this wedding. 

I thought if they added some thyme (the herb) for color and flavor, which would also be in keeping with the farm theme, "It's About Thyme" would then be a cute name.

Maybe she'll steal that idea from me!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought if they added some thyme (the herb) for color and flavor, which would also be in keeping with the farm theme, "It's About Thyme" would then be a cute name.

Maybe she'll steal that idea from me!

I had the same thought. But still an awful drink!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought if they added some thyme

And parsley, which she adds to everything except desserts.

So all three signature drinks are with vodka?  No rum punch or tequila sunrise?

Edited by DonnaMae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The poster who said GF juice interacts badly with some prescription drugs (antihypertensives, statins, certain heart medications) is correct.

Please don't kill your elderly parents with your signature drink, kids!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

As someone who takes medication that interacts with grapefruit juice, its my responsibility and no one else's to make sure I check what I am drinking versus when I took my meds. 

Fortunately I rarely want a greyhound when I take my thyroid meds in the morning ;)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Why is Amy so OTT and fake-sounding around her grands?  It's like she's trying too hard.

And she always seems to crouch down and get right in Jackson's face. Why? It's not like she's 10 feet tall and making sure he can see her face. 

2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Mine is that cute little baby talk, "Hi, I'm Amy in Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen", which she sometimes says several times during a video. 🙄

The baby voice is just so bizarre. Does she not realize pretty much anyone who's a fan is a fan because of the show and has heard her real voice? 

38 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Was Deb at the drink tasting?  Thought it was just Lisa and the best man.  I also thought she might ask Molly to be her matron of honor.  

Honestly? Is it too crass to think Molly's not the matron of honor because she's not on the show? Because I'm really leaning that way. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's "while taking the drug"; not just what you wash the pill down with.

I didn't think I needed to be so specific but here goes. My medication says not to eat grapefruit or drink the juice for a about four hours after taking the medication so whatever is in the grapefruit juice doesn't counteract the meds and make them not work. 

6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Why their fixation on grapefruit juice; did Amy buy too many at the farmers' market?

Maybe they both like it. It's not unpopular.  Its not like they've chosen something wildly bizarre. 

Honestly? Is it too crass to think Molly's not the matron of honor because she's not on the show? Because I'm really leaning that way. 

Probably, or Molly didn't want the on screen attention of being Amy's matron of honor. She doesn't like being filmed. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

Vodka and grapefruit is called a greyhound. My husband used to get them while in Vegas. I think they must have added some more sweetness, not just seltzer? It does not sound good to me!

I drank these forever, years ago and never knew there was a name for them. Apparently neither did the barmaid that was serving them to me Who never mentioned it🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

We all have our pet peeves.  Mine is when she falls into that masculine way of walking and talking.

What is that?…. She really ramps it up when she gets off Chris’s bike, she swaggers around like she’s some bad ass biker chick and she just looks like a fat little duck waddling around in her skin tight jeans…. I bet those jeans STINK like pissy pants and crack cheese! 💩🤧

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

BrownBear 2012, New bear avatar?  Do you watch the bears at Katmai Park?

Amy is set for life, she doesn't need any more money.

I follow Grizzly #399 and her four cubs out of Grand Tetons National Park. I will be changing the avatar to other bears during the course of the year. I am amazed at their beauty and intelligence.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I watched the latest episode today and have a question.  In talking about having the wedding at the farm, I think she said that is where she met Chris.  I thought she met Chris at one of those wine and painting events.  Which is it?

4 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Vodka and grapefruit is called a greyhound. My husband used to get them while in Vegas. I think they must have added some more sweetness, not just seltzer? It does not sound good to me!

If you put salt on the rim of the glass, it's a Salty Dog.  I don't think they should be ncluding grapefruit juice at this function, considering the average age of their friends/relatives.

• Love 3

Something more like this in champagne would be along the lines of what Amy said she wanted, but more what I'm used to seeing for older second time marriages.

It has less poof and has a bit more coverage that Amy could use.  

image.png.9d7abc75f65eb13535d2efb8c7ddfecd.png

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I watched the latest episode today and have a question.  In talking about having the wedding at the farm, I think she said that is where she met Chris.  I thought she met Chris at one of those wine and painting events.  Which is it?

Chris was at the paint party they were in the big group together at the beginning but she hung out with some other guy there I think his name was Bob.  IIRC, Amy said she didn’t get to talk to Chris a whole lot at the paint night so was glad he came to the pool party.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

She met Chris at a pool party on the farm. The wine and painting event was before the pool party and the guy she met there was bald. 

I thought she met chris at TLC writers meeting.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Amy thinks she will be so beautiful in her dress that Chris will cry? He might, but bet some others will be laughing on the inside at a 60 year old grandmother, waddling down the aisle all dressed in white. Not a pretty sight in my eyes. 

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Amy thinks she will be so beautiful in her dress that Chris will cry? He might, but bet some others will be laughing on the inside at a 60 year old grandmother, waddling down the aisle all dressed in white. Not a pretty sight in my eyes. 

I wonder if the dad will walk her down the aisle to add to the hilarity.  I just find it ridiculous, a woman her age, a divorced mother of 4, grandmother of almost 6 waltzing the down the aisle like a young girl.  Others may not agree, great, all are entitled to their opinion but to me some things are for young first time brides.

Will her man remove her garter and throw it into the crowd of single men?  Maybe the dad is like Amy will be there to catch it!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

He might cry when he sees his formerly happy, carefree single life passing before his eyes and suddenly realizes what he's done to himself.

3 hours ago, stoppro said:

I thought she met chris at TLC writers meeting.

Singles group.  But this is also possible.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if the dad will walk her down the aisle to add to the hilarity.  I just find it ridiculous, a woman her age, a divorced mother of 4, grandmother of almost 6 waltzing the down the aisle like a young girl.  Others may not agree, great, all are entitled to their opinion but to me some things are for young first time brides.

I'm assuming she had all this the first time around.  The photos, at least, look like a pretty traditional wedding and, if she's a traditionalist (as she keeps saying) and she planned it because Matt was out of state and therefore useless, then surely she included all the traditional trappings.  Why repeat it now, as a senior citizen?  Maybe she just wants it memorialized on film this time for posterity.  And money.

9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Will her man remove her garter and throw it into the crowd of single men?  Maybe the dad is like Amy will be there to catch it!

Next season on LPBW: Amy's dad's second act!  #TheStoryofGordonRand???

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Sometimes I find it funny. Amy shouldn't have the wedding of her choice because she's too old to have a white dress or a big wedding, only young people should do these things..  

But if Matt wants to build himself a Lincoln log clubhouse to play in, God bless him for enjoying his life and blowing his money on whatever his heart desires.

Not sure why one grown ass adult is right to spend on childish wants while the other "should  act their age".

• Love 7

Just look at this show. Nobody does ANYTHING. I mean nothing they babble on about stupidest things.big plot:' zack cleans a forest.' I mean this is bad.Wedding that's it and probably won't happen. it is all compost.  not good compost either.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The cabin in the woods, as was stated many times on the show, is intended for the grandkids to spend the night in when they get a little older (presumably when it's too cold to camp in a tent in the cleaning; hence the little wood stove), so its main purpose is to make others happy.  It's also another tourist attraction on the farm, presumably adds to its value since it's an additional structure, and should last for generations.  Finally, woodworking and building is a legit adult hobby.

Compare and contrast that with being "queen for a day."

• Love 14

Oh come now, the log cabin costs a good 40k in lumber, equipment and labor, and I am being very conservative. Its not on the farm tour and the grand kids have multiple play structures (including Jacob's play cabin and the Indian lodge) to camp in, plus Matt went on and on about how he wanted himself a log cabin. 

It adds nothing to the farm in value because it legally can't be lived in or considered livable space because there's no toilet and land laws say Matt can't have more than one official home on the property. Its a big old " Matt wanted a log cabin so Matt spent a bunch of money for his own pleasure" situation. 

• Love 6

I think I’ve seen all the episodes, but I’m trying to figure out in which episodes Amy waves her arms around. I read that observation a lot and don’t really get it. Can someone post a link from an episode that demonstrates or direct me to a certain scene, I think I can get it on demand.  Tks.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think I’ve seen all the episodes, but I’m trying to figure out in which episodes Amy waves her arms around. I read that observation a lot and don’t really get it. Can someone post a link from an episode that demonstrates or direct me to a certain scene, I think I can get it on demand.  Tks.

I think it is displayed mostly in the cooking videos.  I remember one scene when her man is telling her he wants to go see Caryn's deck and she is throwing her arms all over the place.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think it is displayed mostly in the cooking videos.  I remember one scene when her man is telling her he wants to go see Caryn's deck and she is throwing her arms all over the place.  

I’ll check it out. 

Oh my God I am skimming through episodes from the beginning and somewhere in season five I think it is is an episode about how they just left their dog  Rocky Home alone outside to fend for themselves every time they went away. And the poor thing would wander off sometimes to a neighbors house. What despicable fucking people. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think I’ve seen all the episodes, but I’m trying to figure out in which episodes Amy waves her arms around. I read that observation a lot and don’t really get it. 

I think Amy "talks with her hands" and, because her arms are so short, they get involved.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think I’ve seen all the episodes, but I’m trying to figure out in which episodes Amy waves her arms around. I read that observation a lot and don’t really get it. Can someone post a link from an episode that demonstrates or direct me to a certain scene, I think I can get it on demand.  Tk

Watch any of her cooking videos, and you'll see the waving of arms.  She does it a lot!

• Love 4

I do wonder how they're going to handle all of this.  Are people going to wait months to see this farm wedding?

I'm guessing TLC  will do a special and show it all or they will quickly show the next season!

I don't think they can hold us on the edge of our seats with this wedding business for 8 months!

Too afraid pictures will be leaked.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

don't think they can hold us on the edge of our seats with this wedding business for 8 months!

Most viewers won't be on the edge of their seats after 8 months, 8 weeks or 8 even days. Most of us don't care about Amy's second wedding.

Amy will be posting photos on Instagram. So will Chris. And Amy's bff's Lisa and Mrs. Bean.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Photos of the wedding of the year will probably on the front page of the Portland Tribune and their local TV stations, maybe even a video. 

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I really won't laugh at Amy about her wedding, mostly will just feel embarrassed for her is all.

Whereas I will be highly entertained!

2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Amy will be posting photos on Instagram. So will Chris. 

Does Chris post pictures?

1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Photos of the wedding of the year will probably on the front page of the Portland Tribune and their local TV stations, maybe even a video. 

Don't forget the London Sun, which covers ALL royal weddings!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 6