Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

They’re discussing their signature wedding cocktail.  Whatever it is, it had better be served ON THE ROCKS.  And with pome-granite.  

(Please forgive me. I’m in a boulder mood than usual.)

Any does have a gravelly voice.

2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Chris and Matt's first talking head!

If they put a monocle on Matt they would have looked like Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

WTF with all those sculptures in Matt’s barn??? A few episodes back, he bought a horse(?) and the Bigfoot thing.  Now he has amassed every metal sculpture in the Pacific Northwest? Is he opening a Roloff version of Jurassic Park on the farm?

Matt's a hoarder. Yes yes, these statues were "used for pumpkin season" as a sort of weird 'look we have dinosaur sculptures' thing, but the barns are filled to the brim with prior pumpkin season ideas and things that can't be gotten rid of because he got a deal on them at auction. There's a barn loaded with multiple wooden chairs.  He considers it all necessary. That farm will be a nightmare to clear out. 

1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

Amy and Chris, two people who spend A LOT of time on the Internet for their livelihoods, were like two ships adrift on a turbulent ocean when the recipes for Cosmopolitans and Sea Breezes were lost.  Umm, both of those “recipes” can be found all over Google FFS. 

Yeah, I was kinda like "If I can order it at Chili's, then its probably not a secret recipe. 

1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I could feel Tori trying to not eye roll over all Amy’s “MY a wedding” BS.

I feel like Tory shares my opinion that its just not that big of a deal. I also liked how she discussed letting Zach participate. Personally I think Chris should spend less time playing with Matt and more time making up his mind whether he's participating or not. 

38 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Matt bought the dinosaurs at the same time as the horse and Bigfoot and had them on display last pumpkin season but unlike the horse and Bigfoot they hadn’t found a perfect spot to display them and just had them standing by a fence like farm animals…

The horse and Bigfoot were also stored in the barn, we saw them. 

29 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I wonder how much Chris sees Matt when the cameras aren’t around.

Probably not that much if its taken this long for Chris to get a peak inside the log cabin.

30 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I actually enjoyed the family flower thing except how they basically had Jackson “walk in like he owned the place”.  I don’t mind Jackson or Lilah, but between the talking heads and everyone pretending to be Jackson’s helper, it was a bit much. 

Hopefully everyone learns to tone it down a little. He's probably a good kid but constantly hearing how awesome he is can be a problem. Look at Jeremy for an example of that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Does Amy think she discovered the Cosmo?  I guess Matt was too cheap to spring for HBO 20 years ago.

9 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

That farm will be a nightmare to clear out. 

Just torch it.

Do all log cabins have those giant gaps between logs?  Could get a bit drafty and/or wet.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, zenme said:

Anyone else see Lilah ding her head on the table? Poor baby. It happens, but I felt bad for her. 😔

Yes, I was trying to see if she actually hit her head or went under the table, but I didn’t feel like watching the episode again.  I do wonder if this family planting scene was because Amy/Matt didn’t want to pay for extra farm help or if the producers thought it would be fun to film.  I’m guessing the latter, but it seemed liked Lilah was somewhat lost in the shuffle amidst what was going on with everyone.

• Love 6

I thought it was perfect that they cut straight from the 3 ugly stepsisters at the wedding gown shop snarking about Matt…. to 3 dirty pigs rooting and snorting in a trough! 🐷🐷🐷

Thanks Mr Munchkin…Now whenever I see Deb all I can think of is Mr Bean in drag! 😂

Good lord… Amy and her MY WEDDING!!… what a self centered greedy little hag… Tori looked disgusted and there’s Amy totally oblivious, doing her windmill arms and screaming about HER wedding!! 🙄

Amy said “this is not a prehistoric event!” But she looks and eats like the Geico caveman…. If it walks like a duck….

Edited by Joan of Argh
Link
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Do all log cabins have those giant gaps between logs?  Could get a bit drafty and/or wet.

It doesn’t have gaps, it has daub in between the logs that’s how rustic log cabins are constructed.

D75BB10C-70B4-4184-9189-5858198E4756.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm sorry this is an unlikable family from top to bottom.The kids are spoiled the adults are either stupid or assholes. enough already!

Edited by stoppro
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

The sculptures are to keep fresh new attractions coming for the fans so THEY will keep coming every year to see what's new and fresh; that's not being a "hoarder," that's being a savvy businessman.  And the 100 wooden folding chairs are no doubt to seat the guests at Just Amy's Wedding of the Century.  They were probably used at the few weddings performed while they offered a wedding venue to the public.  Having a lot of stuff doesn't make one a "hoarder."  Losing the Cosmo and Sea Breeze recipes, however, might.

Can Lisa stop criticizing Matt for five minutes, or is that in her job description?

Don't they make cocktail-length wedding dresses?  Seems that would be full-length.  I have a feeling she'll go with number four (or something similar), both because it was the "sexiest" -- after all, Chris MUST cry when he sees it -- and because it shows off her trashy body graffiti.  Is that a second tattoo?

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It doesn’t have gaps, it has daub in between the logs that’s how rustic log cabins are constructed.

D75BB10C-70B4-4184-9189-5858198E4756.jpeg

"Chinking," they call it, and yes, that's how log cabins are made.  It was obviously still early days when Chris toured it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I do wonder if this family planting scene was because Amy/Matt didn’t want to pay for extra farm help or if the producers thought it would be fun to film.

Once again, Amy said something that basically gave it away; the farm help will finish the job after the family scene is filmed. 

"Human Tweety Bird."  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wonder when Amy is going to pick out her dress? It will take major altering, and that will take some time. I know the filming is way behind, but still she was in a hurry to get the rocks done on time? Seems like Amy and Chris drink a lot? Maybe it is just me though, as I don't drink at all.

• Useful 1

Chris was green with envy when he and Matt rode over to see the log machine. He wants that farm so bad but all he got was Matt's leftovers...Amy!

He'll never have what Matt has .  Matt's an entrepreneur.  He makes things happen.   A Visionary and inventive.

Chris has Amy clutching her pocketbook tightly.  Owning the house so she can be big boss but making Chris split expenses for the right to live there.

Chris....to dream the impossible dream...Matt's farm!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

The sculptures are to keep fresh new attractions coming for the fans so THEY will keep coming every year to see what's new and fresh; that's not being a "hoarder," that's being a savvy businessman.  And the 100 wooden folding chairs are no doubt to seat the guests at Just Amy's Wedding of the Century.  They were probably used at the few weddings performed while they offered a wedding venue to the public.  Having a lot of stuff doesn't make one a "hoarder."

The sculptures were used last year at pumpkin season so they aren't a fresh new attraction. The chairs are more than 100 at this point and have been sitting in the barns since 2013 or so. I agree some may have been used at the occasional wedding but Roloff Farms hasn't actually hosted a wedding since Molly's (and Jacob's but that was a smaller wedding)  There's also a ton of trunks and tools and multiple washer and dryers (the garage sale episode and auction episode had a ton of dusty appliances hauled out and then put away again) This is all before we touch on the various cars and vehicles and junked vehicles that have littered the property. Having a lot of stuff is definitely the sign of a hoarder and so is having multiple buildings filled with important stuff you rarely use but can't get rid of. 

• Love 4

I am sure Amy had the dress all picked out and ordered before that "looking for dresses" scene.  Apparently one of the dresses was yelling, Amy said it was bellowing too much, LOL, she's a gem.  She should really have a sleeve to cover those arms.  The planting scene was such a scripted set up.  Right, Caryn would be there helping to put plants down for Amy's wedding.  Where was Larry and Curly, they could have used them.  So the signature drink will not be a cosmo served in the wrong type of glass.  Glad to see they are still raving and laughing with joy over the second coming aka Jackson.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Oh, Jeez. The bromance is bigger and stronger than ever. I can't. 

Chris stating it's every man's dream to have a lot of land so he can do his man things, create, build, etc etc..... he was practically drooling all over Matt. He was really excited out there on the farm with Matt. Matt was eating it up, he loves to be worshipped. It's gross. 

Why do I always get the impression Tori doesn't care for Amy? In every scene together Tori looks like she's just going along to get along and just wants Amy to SHUT. UP.  

Amy was writing down cheese and crackers on her wedding food list in her big wedding binder. Cheese and crackers? Ya kiddin' me? This is what the almighty wannabe chef comes up with for her wedding? I can't wait to see this shindig. 

Lisa and Deb are so far up Amy's butt they must be getting paid a little sumthin' sumthin' from TLC. They also appear on her cooking video's sometimes. Whatever. 

• Love 8

Maybe Matt and Chris are the ones who should be getting married. 😁

Seriously though, I can't tell how much of this is being exaggerated, but if I were Amy I would not be pleased that my fiancee was so buddy-buddy with my ex. But then there's no way I'd be getting married on my ex's property either. They're all crazy.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

The sculptures are to keep fresh new attractions coming for the fans so THEY will keep coming every year to see what's new and fresh; that's not being a "hoarder," that's being a savvy businessman.  And the 100 wooden folding chairs are no doubt to seat the guests at Just Amy's Wedding of the Century.  They were probably used at the few weddings performed while they offered a wedding venue to the public.  Having a lot of stuff doesn't make one a "hoarder."  Losing the Cosmo and Sea Breeze recipes, however, might.

Can Lisa stop criticizing Matt for five minutes, or is that in her job description?

Don't they make cocktail-length wedding dresses?  Seems that would be full-length.  I have a feeling she'll go with number four (or something similar), both because it was the "sexiest" -- after all, Chris MUST cry when he sees it -- and because it shows off her trashy body graffiti.  Is that a second tattoo?

Lisa is a low class, NO CLASS fat blob with cotton candy hair… who goes to someone’s property and walks around shitting on everything?

I wish Matt would ban Lisa from the farm and he’d have every right to do so after her snotty comments.

Amy should go with a dress that has short sleeves…. Her arms look like turkey drumsticks 🍗

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Amy was writing down cheese and crackers on her wedding food list in her big wedding binder.

That is something most people will eat if nothing else looks appealing.  I guess this is just a cocktail and appetizer wedding, not a full dinner.  Don't want to see a video of Amy preparing and freezing lots of casseroles for the big event.

• LOL 2
Just now, DonnaMae said:

When did you see that?

In earlier seasons, when her parents visited.  He'd walk around with an ever-present drink in hand making snide, sarcastic remarks about Matt and his projects.  Nasty attitude!  And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

• Love 12
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

In earlier seasons, when her parents visited.  He'd walk around with an ever-present drink in hand making snide, sarcastic remarks about Matt and his projects.  Nasty attitude!  And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Her dad was rude but made some valid points about how Matt’s various attractions had rotting wood, peeling paint etc.  That western town always looked like a tetanus factory.

• Love 3

I had to laugh when Chris said that Amy hoards cheese and some is past it’s due date.

Of all things to hoard, rotten cheese… maybe she eats it to hide the stench of garlic breath

10 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

He should have pointed out Amy’s pig sty of a house 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Lisa is a low class, NO CLASS fat blob with cotton candy hair… who goes to someone’s property and walks around shitting on everything?

I wish Matt would ban Lisa from the farm and he’d have every right to do so after her snotty comments.

Could you imagine Matt's friends constantly shitting on Amy, and those friends still be welcomed on Amy's property? Matt would not allow anyone to diss Amy that way in the first place, whereas Amy encourages her friends to do that to Matt all the time. She sets the tone.

Examples of why Matt is just a much nicer person in general, including to Amy and her busybody friends, go on and on...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I also thought the cheese and crackers reference was for the drink sampling party.

She said the friends were coming over for dinner and would sample the drinks. I wouldn't think she would need to write down cheese and crackers as if she couldn't remember that but hey, what do I know. 

9 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Examples of why Matt is just a much nicer person in general, including to Amy and her busybody friends, go on and on...

Matt, nicer? I think they both are equally awful. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, zenme said:

I thought the cheese and crackers list was for the signature drink tasting.

It was!  The shopping list was NOT for the wedding!  

A tad too early for the wedding as filming is months behind real time and they are having it catered I assume.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

If Matt doesn't like and doesn't want Lisa around, he can be a big boy and deal with it. Instead he's happily taking a check from TLC so obviously Lisa doesn't bother him enough. Funny, Caryn has made more than a few unpleasant remarks about Amy but Amy is often railed for not inviting the woman into her home and being friendlt... while Matt is encouraged to keep Lisa away because she makes mean comments... funny that.

• Love 3

I don't think Matt gives a shit about Lisa.  He wasn't there with them and didn't hear what they were saying. Matt is very happy, nothing they say will bother him.  They were walking around as if Amy were paying for the venue and could call all the shots.  Lisa even threatened Chris, that if he took off on Amy he would have a big problem, I guess with her?  No one is safe with enforcer Lisa!

BTW, how are they going to keep the wedding food hot and cold?  Is there any refrigeration  available close by the guests?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 7/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, watcherwoman said:

Caryn is a perfect choice to decorate a double wide trailer!  The first time I saw her, I thought she screamed trailer park!!  When she decorated Matt's double wide with her furniture from Kohl's, I could tell she has done this before.  They say water always finds it level, well Matt found his level with Caryn.   They make a really nice couple.   He found a woman that doesn't mind his drinking, lying and cheating, and she found a man dumb enough to think she really loves him.  I guess it's true,  there is a match for everyone out there.   As long as Matt keeps bringing in the Benjamins,  Caryn will make that double wide shine.  

Hi Amy! Finished painting your ridiculous rocks yet?

• LOL 14
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

BTW, how are they going to keep the wedding food hot and cold?  Is there any refrigeration  available close by the guests?

They've held many wedding receptions in the barn; I assume they have the routine down by now.  I agree that nothing can mar Matt's happiness now.  Except possibly Chris making a run for it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Don't they make cocktail-length wedding dresses?  Seems that would be full-length. 

My question is why in the world Amy wouldn't have had a custom dress made (like Dr. Jenn from the Little Couple) where she could have had a designer work with her taste (?) and figure requirements to create the perfect "look" with appropriate fabric and other embellishments??  

I understand this might cost her a few $$$$ (unless the show paid, which I doubt); however, she looked so ridiculous in the "off-the-rack" selections, I believe any expense would be worth it to get a "look" that flattered her figure.

• Love 7

Who knows what she's really doing?  I'm sure that "Say Yes to the Dress" segment was just for the show and to make Mutt and Jeff (Deb and Lisa) earn their paychecks.  Of course Amy had to go home and think about it, and we know how long THAT can take!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, floridamom said:

I'm quite surprised that Amy didn't ask her only daughter to be her matron of honor. Is her father going to walk her up the aisle?

Molly would have stole the show with her cute face and body…..

Amy wants old thunder thighs Lisa with her cotton candy hair, rhinoceros ass, giant feet and droopy old camel face so she’ll look petite and pretty in comparison. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Glad to see they are still raving and laughing with joy over the second coming aka Jackson.  

JMO…. The Jackson worship was funny/cute at first but now it’s starting to sound like a cult… he walks in like he owns the place probably isn’t the best thing for him.

it’s good to encourage him and praise him when he deserves it but this over the top adulation is starting to sound ridiculous and more importantly I don’t think it’s preparing him for the reality ahead of him…. Other people aren’t going to fall all over themselves and act like he’s running the show and he’s the Man!

He’s gonna be shocked when reality hits him between the eyes, not only will he not be the Man but he’ll probably be bullied, teased and have to try twice as hard for recognition and respect. 

• Love 9

Agree.  It's bad enough when grandparents do it, but that's kind of their prerogative.  The parents are supposed to be the reality check; not falling all over themselves laughing at every word he (barely) says.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

My friend’s sister owns a pretty good sized (very respected and sought after) catering company.  She has several box trucks outfitted with refrigerators and heating ovens for events on farms or in historic buildings without kitchens.  I went to 2 events she catered and the food was not only delicious, but served at the appropriate temperature with no problems… Prime rib was piping hot, shrimp cocktail was chilled and sorbet was just right semi-soft/frozen consistency.  Of course she runs a professional company and employs professional chefs and servers, so she gives her clients a great experience.

Who knows what kind of caterers Amy/TLC will have for the Grand Celebration of the Century. If Amy’s Little Koapectate Kitchen is handing any of the food prep, I hope the guests have the nearest hospital programmed into their GPS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

WTF with all those sculptures in Matt’s barn???

I've seen weird things on family apple farms in the NC mountains. I guess children are supposed to like them.

I'm not into fashion, but Amy looked like a toilet paper roll in the wedding dress. I hope she spends some money on getting it right for her size. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1