Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

IMO you cannot compare building a cabin for your grandchildren to a foolish old lady having a young girls wedding.  

There never was a time I saw a cabin and thought "gee, I wonder what childish man built this?".

• Love 12

Another interesting scene between Matt and Caryn on the topic of marriage with Matt's eyes twinkling and Caryn telling him to hush...  Definitely something going on there.

When Zach was saying he's happy where they live and that two kids are plenty, Tori was probably like, "Babuh!  Don't you want us to have a showuh???"

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Jenny8 I never looked at a fancy white wedding for a 60 year old woman and thought "what childish woman wants this".... 

I'm still amused that Matt's praised for indulging himself and his whims while Amy is taken to task for it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Jenny8 I never looked at a fancy white wedding for a 60 year old woman and thought "what childish woman wants this".... 

I'm still amused that Matt's praised for indulging himself and his whims while Amy is taken to task for it.

people like swarmy assholes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Just picture bossy Amy walking down the trail to her man!

I wonder if she’ll do the boss walk?

She has such an ugly mug. No makeup in the world can fix that angry face!

Matt must get down on his knees every single night saying ‘thank you’!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Just picture bossy Amy walking down the trail to her man!

I wonder if she’ll do the boss walk?

She has such an ugly mug. No makeup in the world can fix that scroll!

I hope there's an audible gasp from the audience when those barn doors open, because you know she's counting on that!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I'll concede that I thought the brass plaque was a bit OTT, but I wonder if that wasn't a gift from Caryn to commemorate it (she would do something thoughtful like this).  After all, he hasn't found it necessary to "sign" all his other work, and everyone knows that if it's on the farm, it's thanks to only one man: Matt Roloff!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I FF'd through most of this show especially A&C as I do not see the chemistry and they are cringe together.  I laughed out loud when Matt and Chris were talking about ribbing Amy. LOL

I was shocked to see Lilah's feet out in front of her while she laid on the ground.  Is this poor child developing correctly?  Jackson also needs help with his speech.  He's almost 4 in this episode but talks like a two year old.

• Love 12

I don't understand how building a cabin for his grandchildren and putting a plaque on that cabin is being an ass?   I also don't think someone who owns land and built a cabin on that land needs to lay claim to it, it definitely belongs to him.

• Love 10

Matt built his grandpa cabin for Matt, not the grand kids. He wanted it, so he did it and then slapped his name down on it with a plaque. The grand children,  who don't live there, and can't play there by themselves for actual years, are incidental. Its indeed all about Matt wanting something childish, his own play cabin. When he spends his money on childish things he gets an "attaboy". When Amy does the same... funny how she needs to act her age.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I don't understand how building a cabin for his grandchildren and putting a plaque on that cabin is being an ass?   I also don't think someone who owns land and built a cabin on that land needs to lay claim to it, it definitely belongs to him.

If he didn't, then the argument would be "oh he's too lazy to do anything with all that land he bought. What a deadbeat!" He's damned either way. Seeing all the work he's putting in to give Amy exactly the wedding she wants, I think he's one awesome ex-husband. Not that she shows a lot of appreciation. Her attitude is one of entitlement, as if that's how it should be, when it's not.

3 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt built his grandpa cabin for Matt, not the grand kids. He wanted it, so he did it and then slapped his name down on it with a plaque. The grand children,  who don't live there, and can't play there by themselves for actual years, are incidental. Its indeed all about Matt wanting something childish, his own play cabin. When he spends his money on childish things he gets an "attaboy". When Amy does the same... funny how she needs to act her age.

When has Amy ever built a cabin?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

If he didn't, then the argument would be "oh he's too lazy to do anything with all that land he bought. What a deadbeat!" He's damned either way. Seeing all the work he's putting in to give Amy exactly the wedding she wants, I think he's one awesome ex-husband. Not that she shows a lot of appreciation. Her attitude is one of entitlement, as if that's how it should be, when it's not.

Well to be fair she never had access to the company check book. 

folks saying he’s not a hoarder don’t recall him having to empty out barns to sell his  auction stuff he didn’t  recall buying 

.He will never have enough cars, barns ,cabins and medal dinosaurs. Playing Disneyland grandpa isn’t believed by all. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Never, and if she'd still been around, she'd have been ridiculing and criticizing the building of this one.  I'll bet Chris would love to have a go at it, though!  😁

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

😖 How could she be that stupid??? Would she say "I's wedding?"   I get annoyed when people use the wrong pronoun, but this is so obviously wrong.  🙄

"Again.  The childish cabin is for actual children.  The childish wedding is for Amy."

Well said.  I agree.  

When Amy was trying on wedding dresses she said  something like "I don't want something skin tight or something that 'BELLOWS".. I was screaming laughing.  (correct me if i'm wrong, it should have been "billows")

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

I was shocked to see Lilah's feet out in front of her while she laid on the ground.  Is this poor child developing correctly?  Jackson also needs help with his speech.  He's almost 4 in this episode but talks like a two year old.

I was shocked to see how underdeveloped her legs and feet looked in the bridal shower photo; I'm not sure that's quite normal for an achon dwarf.  Zach seemed to be trying to say that her legs weren't working right, but then Tori jumped in to say she's just "timid" about walking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I only post opinions, I know nothing as fact.  My opinion is Amy's wedding is ridiculous and so is she!  I hope no one finds this post 😢  

This wedding (and Amy) is like a 20 yr old's wedding.  It's kind of sickening.  I'm her age and i CANNOT imagine going thru all this bullshit stuff - take me to Vegas - then again, i'm not on a tv show.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Boston said:

When Amy was trying on wedding dresses she said  something like "I don't want something skin tight or something that 'BELLOWS".. I was screaming laughing.  (correct me if i'm wrong, it should have been "billows")

Didn't she also say that the flowers in the barrels would be "bellowing" at the wedding?

• LOL 8
51 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

I FF'd through most of this show especially A&C as I do not see the chemistry and they are cringe together.  I laughed out loud when Matt and Chris were talking about ribbing Amy. LOL

You are right, my friend, there IS no chemistry between them.

6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Shouldn't they have timed how fast 90-year-old Gordon can walk down the aisle?  I can just see Little Bulldozer dragging him behind her so My Man can cry on cue!

Believe me, "my man" is gonna be doing all he can not to laugh

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Boston said:

You took the words right out of my mouth....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I only post opinions, I know nothing as fact.  My opinion is Amy's wedding is ridiculous and so is she!  I hope no one finds this post 😢  

i am with you.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Boston said:

This wedding (and Amy) is like a 20 yr old's wedding.  It's kind of sickening.  I'm her age and i CANNOT imagine going thru all this bullshit stuff - take me to Vegas...

I'd be for keeping separate residences, remaining single, and just enjoying the relationship and companionship and doing fun stuff together at their ages...

"Keep it simple, stupid," and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I'd be for keeping separate residences, remaining single, and just enjoying the relationship and companionship and doing fun stuff together at their ages...

well it's not simple and it is broke."or its going to be' i am holding for it not happening.

you never know with this bullshit family

• Love 3

Well once again in A&C talking head she mentioned that it was "my house", not "our house", so if I were Chris, I would have taken Karen & Matt's route and keep the separate homes and just continue to date. It also would not put it past me if Matt decides to turn the cabin into an Air B n B and charge 300 a night (isn't that what they charge for a tour of the farm during punkin season with the ever engaging Zach at the helm?) . The cabin was cute, but where are you gonna go potty?  I really don't understand why Amy always seems so miserable.

• Love 7

I think Matt mentioned incinerating or composting toilets that don't require plumbing or hoses.  At any rate, I know they exist (having looked into it).

I'd definitely rent that as an AirBnB!  So would Chris, I'm sure!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I think Matt mentioned incinerating or composting toilets that don't require plumbing or hoses.  At any rate, I know they exist (having looked into it).

I'd definitely rent that as an AirBnB!  So would Chris, I'm sure!

I think it has a stove for heat, but how hot does it get there, not sure I would like it in the summer if there is no AC.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

That is EXACTLY what i did in my last relationship (which lasted 8 yrs).  I kind of lived at his house, but i kept my own place so i could have my own space - which he liked too (all my married friends were so jealous - they wanted their own place to get away a couple days a week).  Sadly, it ended, but i still had my own place!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think it has a stove for heat, but how hot does it get there, not sure I would like it in the summer if there is no AC.

Zach said something about them getting cold at night in the tent (not sure what month it was, but everyone was in summer clothing during the day).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Zach said something about them getting cold at night in the tent (not sure what month it was, but everyone was in summer clothing during the day).

And as I remember Jackson was bare under the covers. No pajamas!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Boston said:

Shouldn't they have timed how fast 90-year-old Gordon can walk down the aisle?  I can just see Little Bulldozer dragging him behind her so My Man can cry on cue!

He might have to borrow Matt's scooter to keep up with her.

7 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I assume you've missed the "Matt Roloff Way" sign on the office barn and the giant *Roloff Farms* signs?

I'm sure Amy has an "I'm the Boss" sign somewhere. Or  a" Happy Wife, Happy Life" sign for after the marriage.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Boston said:

I think she might be right…. I wouldn’t be surprised if her dress BELLOWS!!! As she stretches, pulls and yanks it over her huge ass and jugs!

Mae West and Mr Bean might need a winch, good thing Matt has power tools! 

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I grew up in the Willamette Valley south of Portland and now live in the Seattle area - I can attest that at the end of a very hot Pacific Northwest summer day it usually cools off quite a bit in the evening. I was so shocked the first time I went to the east coast in the summer to visit a friend and grabbed a sweater for an evening out - he asked, “what is that for?!” LOL. Before Covid there were very few restaurants here with outdoor seating even in the summer as it cools off too much after dark to be comfortable. That’s why Seattle has the lowest number of air conditioned houses in the US* Not surprising to be cold camping at night here. 

*Of course all bets are off now with climate change and the Heat Dome we had this summer - I see lots of air conditioners going in now in my neighborhood!

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I assume you've missed the "Matt Roloff Way" sign on the office barn and the giant *Roloff Farms* signs?

And the Roloff Farms sweatshirts, T Shirts, hats and other merch.

Just now, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe because Jackson tackles her every time she attempts to walk.

She's not timid...she has very poor muscle strength in her legs...she needs weekly or twice weekly physical therapy with a trained pediatric physical therapist to get her legs strong enough to support her.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt posted a picture over on FB of his new barn!

So many posters saying the same things about Amy. 

Sour faced, argumentative, unhappy, nasty to Chris. On and on it goes. 

I think Chris likes trolling Amy and when he and Matt laugh about her and make jokes at her expense, I think it's very unloyal to her on Chris's part. I'm not an Amy fan but I don't think it's cool at all for her fiance to be cutting up with her ex and making Amy jokes and comments about her that are passive aggressive digs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Boston said:

This wedding (and Amy) is like a 20 yr old's wedding.  It's kind of sickening.  I'm her age and i CANNOT imagine going thru all this bullshit stuff - take me to Vegas - then again, i'm not on a tv show.

So true! This is a wedding for a twentysomething that hasn't been married before. A second wedding is usually low key with just family and close friends, an age appropriate and toned down wedding dress and reception. They should have flown to Hawaii and gotten married there and then had a small reception when they got home. She's even having her Dad give her away! 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Nobody cares...the cabin will end up being bulldozed down in ten years after years of neglect and rottingwood.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

And as I remember Jackson was bare under the covers. No pajamas!

Isn't that how Zach and Jer used to roll?  Never any pajamas.  Or sheets on the beds.

9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe because Jackson tackles her every time she attempts to walk.

Or it's Tori being in denial again.  I'll take door number two!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

She's even having her Dad give her away! 

Lucky for the blushing bride that there's longevity in their genes.  The fathers of most grandmothers of six grandchildren are six feet under!

• LOL 1