Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

They are pretty hard up for plot lines on this show--hence The Wedding at the farm.  drama ensues.

Next season we will see Matt propose to ChaCha and we can enjoy their wedding planning. 

After that, The Next Wedding!

What's next? Amy and Chris have a baby?  ChaCha and Matt? I'm sure Tori will fit one in there somewhere for extra excitement~

• Love 3
1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

Next season we will see Matt propose to ChaCha and we can enjoy their wedding planning. 

Naw, next season starts with Amy's wedding, and then Matt building his barbie dream house interspaced with pumpkin season 2021.  Can't see Matt proposing. 

• Love 4
On 7/28/2021 at 11:51 PM, suev3333 said:

Good lord....

As much as I dislike Amy, I dislike Chris more.   No way I could live with with that guy. Geez  "It has to be done on this day.....I don't want that becoming a storage place, I don't like the shape of these rocks",     bla blah blah.  Go live alone if you want your perfect, neat, untouched, uncozy house, and want stuff done on a certain day and not a minute later.   🙄 Omg....so cringey and I didn't blame Amy for getting pissed.   

Also, I'm sooooooo glad I live alone!! 😁🎉

YMMV, but I find Chris completely reasonable. Most of his comments were in response to how exasperating Amy is. He wouldn’t have to set dates and times if she would get anything done in a normal amount of time, and halfway well. Hating the rocks was an opinion, to which he is entitled. Look at the office. She may have made space for him, but her space, piled with crap, was unusable and would still make him uncomfortable. That’s not how reasonable people compromise. 

• Love 16
On 8/21/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ottis said:

YMMV, but I find Chris completely reasonable. Most of his comments were in response to how exasperating Amy is. He wouldn’t have to set dates and times if she would get anything done in a normal amount of time, and halfway well. Hating the rocks was an opinion, to which he is entitled. Look at the office. She may have made space for him, but her space, piled with crap, was unusable and would still make him uncomfortable. That’s not how reasonable people compromise. 

We can agree to disagree.  Amy is no prize, but Chris is sneaky in his ways.   He comes off as sweet and charming yet bitches about a mug sitting out.  Eff that.  I'll stay happily single😇

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, suev3333 said:

We can agree to disagree.  Amy is no prize, but Chris is sneaky in his ways.   He comes off as sweet and charming yet bitches about a mug sitting out.  Eff that.  I'll stay happily single😇

They are both fucked up.I still think he will be gone soon.Being on tv with these stupid 'plot lines' will drive him off.If he has any sense. that not a give me either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I agree that $24 per person is way too much. I checked three places near me and they ranged from $5 to $14. In my opinion the $5 one was the best, with live entertainment, 70 craft vendors, dozens of farm animals, kids activities, food vendors, and both apples AND pumpkins. The $14 one only included a corn maze and had one food truck. I’m guessing the Roloff price is to keep lookey loos out. 

Also, 16 and under to the $5 place is FREE. 

Edited by SongbirdHollow
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

$24 bucks to walk around Roloff farms.  LOL

My old dentist once told me when I inquired about pricing..."Whatever the traffic will allow"!

If they can get it..they will.  If they can't get it they will regroup!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I agree that $24 per person is way too much. I checked three places near me and they ranged from $5 to $14. In my opinion the $5 one was the best, with live entertainment, 70 craft vendors, dozens of farm animals, kids activities, food vendors, and both apples AND pumpkins. The $14 one only included a corn maze and had one food truck. I’m guessing the Roloff price is to keep lookey loos out. 

Also, 16 and under to the $5 place is FREE. 

I would think  looky loos are exactly who Matt wants. Willing to spend , spend, spend just to be there.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bobalina said:

I would think  looky loos are exactly who Matt wants. Willing to spend , spend, spend just to be there.

Agree, The actual pumpkins are almost irrelevant to the profits at this point. Its the food trucks and add on expense events like train rides and air cannons - neither included in the entrance price - that make profit. And yeah doubling the cost to get in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I agree that $24 per person is way too much. I checked three places near me and they ranged from $5 to $14. In my opinion the $5 one was the best, with live entertainment, 70 craft vendors, dozens of farm animals, kids activities, food vendors, and both apples AND pumpkins. The $14 one only included a corn maze and had one food truck. 

But did any include Amy Roloff wearing a costume?  You get what you pay for!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Wow! what a low rent greenhouse.The big wedding starring AMY!AMY! and toxic food! and Rocks!This is all about me! Chris is out front with a sign.When he is finished parking the cars.It will be time for AMY!AMY!ANY!  with chris. But we really don't need him but would look better if he participates. Welcome to celebration of me! AMY! Thanks but no thanks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

So the teaser clip was nothing more than what was shown in a episode already? The greenhouse planting with Jackson being in charge was soooooo last season! LOL!

That sums it up.

• Love 3

The coverage of the wedding of the century is 4 hours on TLC.  That's just ridiculous.  I couldn't  stand 4 hours of Amy and Chris.   Won't be watching that whole thing.  Maybe DVR so FF can be used.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1F36C911-DCFB-400A-8EF7-002C82761B66.jpeg

1B1E0ED7-D7AC-43C1-B4FD-F14125FC3808.jpeg

Big props to whoever tailored that dress. He or she managed to make the length right while preserving all the pretty parts and flow. That takes more skill than just hacking the bottom of to make it the right length.

Edited by readheaded
Forgot a thought.
  • Love 7

Do all brides do the thumbs-up, arms raised in victory, "whoo-hoooo I did it" thing?  Wish Amy didn't treat this wedding/marriage so much like a personal triumph, but whatever works for them!

On 11/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, Endora said:

The coverage of the wedding of the century is 4 hours on TLC.  That's just ridiculous.  I couldn't  stand 4 hours of Amy and Chris.   Won't be watching that whole thing.  Maybe DVR so FF can be used.  

It's actually a DAY LONG marathon starting at 6:00 a.m. leading up to the big day.  For die-hard fans!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, Absolom said:

It looks like a two hour wedding episode preceded by a two hour retrospective clip show.  The wedding episode itself runs 9 to 11 on my schedule.

Yes but it's still a total of 4 hours in one night all about Amy and Chris.  Overkill!

• Love 3

How telling that was in a flashback to early in the relationship...

About 45 minutes into the countdown episode, Chris and Amy are talking over dinner about getting to know each other.

Chris brings up Amy's anger.

He sees flashes of anger or frustration and her face changes.

He worries if and when that will be directed at him.

She blames it on being a little person.

Wow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, seasons said:

About 45 minutes into the countdown episode, Chris and Amy are talking over dinner about getting to know each other.

Wow.

The crapth runnth over.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Do all brides do the thumbs-up, arms raised in victory, "whoo-hoooo I did it" thing?  Wish Amy didn't treat this wedding/marriage so much like a personal triumph, but whatever works for them!

It's actually a DAY LONG marathon starting at 6:00 a.m. leading up to the big day.  For die-hard fans!

If “Say Yes to the Dress” and “Four Weddings” brides are any indication, it’s not unusual for brides and/or grooms to do either or both. 

It’s also not at all unusual for TLC to have a show marathon the day of a show’s season or special debut. 

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, seasons said:

Wow.

Yes; that whole "Poor me, bullied as a child!" trip to MI was to get him over that fear of her anger and help him seal the deal.

Also very telling was the very first scene, where she's worrying about being alone forever AND dreading "when Matt starts dating and gets in another relationship."

That tells us he WASN'T already involved with Caryn at the time of the divorce or even the separation or, if he was, she had no idea, despite her revisionist history...

25 minutes ago, readheaded said:

If “Say Yes to the Dress” and “Four Weddings” brides are any indication, it’s not unusual for brides and/or grooms to do either or both. 

It’s also not at all unusual for TLC to have a show marathon the day of a show’s season or special debut. 

I never said it was unusual for TLC to run a marathon ahead of a season debut.

As for Amy treating this as a personal triumph, that's been her overall attitude.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Actually Amy was always fairly discreet about referencing her fears that Matt was cheating. He's actually lucky in that respect. That she wasn't saying he had an affair was likely due to her protecting the still young kids from the notion.

Point - people often say things to cover up the truth. I remember many instances of Matt Roloff declaring how happily married he was and how divorce was not an option. Its even immortalized in a book. Now when he says he was never happy... which is true?

• Love 12

"Still young kids" at the time of the divorce?  They were all out of the house, and weren't two already married?  I don't keep as accurate a timeline as some here...

I distinctly remember Amy being gob-smacked when Matt revealed he would be dating Caryn; Amy's attitude before that was conciliatory and cordial, as I think she hoped they could patch things up, but after that revelation, it was GAME ON.

I don't believe she had any idea, despite the way she tried to spin it afterwards.

YMMV, as always.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Amy cleaned up nicely. Her dress was tailored to fit her perfectly and it was very flattering on her and pretty. I haven't had a chance to watch it all the way through yet, I fell a sleep twice and this darn new HULU account does not have fast forward so I have to start from the beginning every time. Now I have to pay for the "enhanced DVR cloud" to be able to fast forward. Not a good start HULU. I'm already missing my overpriced cable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Jacob was still in high school. Zach and Jeremy are babies mentally.

I think she was shocked he'd be so brazen. There's also at least one interview on camera (its a q and a episode of the show) where Amy intimates that Single Separated Matt is already seeing someone. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 2

A quick Google search shows that Jacob was 19 when they divorced and, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he take off the minute he graduated high school?  

As for Zach and Jeremy being "babies mentally" because Amy babied them, there may not be an expiration date on that one! 

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Amy cleaned up nicely. Her dress was tailored to fit her perfectly and it was very flattering on her and pretty. I haven't had a chance to watch it all the way through yet, I fell a sleep twice and this darn new HULU account does not have fast forward so I have to start from the beginning every time. Now I have to pay for the "enhanced DVR cloud" to be able to fast forward. Not a good start HULU. I'm already missing my overpriced cable. 

As someone who used to make wedding dresses I think that dress was custom made. Much easier and more efficient use of time and materials.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, bobalina said:

As someone who used to make wedding dresses I think that dress was custom made. Much easier and more efficient use of time and materials.

Wasn't it the third dress she tried on in the bridal shop?  Her torso is normal-sized, so the bodice fit; all she needed was the skirt shortened.  The logical thing (it seems) would be to cut off the top of the lower portion where it attached to the bodice and keep the existing trim, which may be what was done.  I agree she looked amazing!  The contrast between the Amy entering the bridal suite and exiting it was striking.

• Love 3

Amy looked pretty nice but the constant concern over will he cry when he sees me in this gown will it reaffirm his love, joy  and devotion  and Chris worrying if he be a blubbering mess was annoying.   Why was Deb helping Chris get ready?  Deb thanking Chris for loving their Amy, LOL!  Deb and Lisa's ass kissing  game was strong that day.  Nice times with Amy's dad she seemed very happy. The guy has mellowed    No Chris family sightings and I was hoping for some interaction there but they probably didn't want to be filmed.  I noticed that Zach and Tori were sitting at a table alone and all the other siblings were sitting together.  I really think Tori's the problem. Disrespected Zach was thrown a bone I guess being chosen the siblings  spokesman.   I wonder if Amy got sick from the food?  Did she say they were both sick?  

• Love 1