Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Annifran said:

Another thought on Amy's dress alterations:  If the bodice and skirt were separated at the waist and the top portion of the bottom skirt was cut off and reattached to the bodice, I don't think it would work very well.  There would be too much fabric at the top of the remaining skirt portion that would need to be gathered and reattached to the bodice.  Therefore, the waist would become very  "bunchy" with excess fabric.  (I hope those of you who sew know what I'm trying to say.) 

I thought whoever did the alterations did a beautiful job and the design Amy chose was perfect for her.  Loved the entire wedding and wish them well.

Yes, I completely understand what you mean.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

According to social media, Amy AND Chris recently signed a two-year contract.

I guess chris stays 'married' for two more wonderful food poisoned years.Lets see if he makes it.

• LOL 8

There goes the theory that Amy deliberately horned in on Matt and Caryn's vacation plans.  Now Matt is saying he and Amy have a lot in common?  

Plus Matt says there is nothing he can do if the kids hate him for his plan?  Well there is, change or don't implement the plan unless you want to antagonize your kids.  I don't think we have to live our lives for our kids, but it doesn't hurt usually to consider them and if they're going to be antagonized by something.  I find that's an indication to at least give it more thought.  That's rare in our family since we usually have very good communication though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

There goes the theory that Amy deliberately horned in on Matt and Caryn's vacation plans.  Now Matt is saying he and Amy have a lot in common? 

Yeah, if I didn't know better I'd be wondering if Matt was the one not able to let go. There's being cordial at family get togethers and then there's sending the ex and her new husband plane tickets to spend time with him in his vacation home.... 

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Plus Matt says there is nothing he can do if the kids hate him for his plan?  Well there is, change or don't implement the plan unless you want to antagonize your kids.  I don't think we have to live our lives for our kids, but it doesn't hurt usually to consider them and if they're going to be antagonized by something.  I find that's an indication to at least give it more thought. 

*If* he was in any way genuinely concerned about the kids and their opinions. He obviously isn't - this is a big old sympathy attempt on his part - he's going to do something the kids may not like or may not care about but rather than TALK WITH THEM he's telling the public that they, his children, just may hate him for what he's planning to do but he can't let that get in the way, isn't poor little Matt the victim of those mean unloving kids who are clearly disrespecting him.

Matt's a narcissist. This is a huge indicator. He's already claiming victimhood and demanding sympathy against the kids. Over something he's choosing to do and pointedly not allowing their involvement in. If I were the kids, I'd be upset that he was running me down in public over a decision I had no input in. 

• Love 6

Matt's a genius he's got everyone fished in for another season and all the people who ride his coattails and rely on him for a living are more than happy to play along Amy, Chris, Zach, Tori.

No one is forcing any of these leeches to stay on the show, or take airline tickets to visit Matt and Caryn or subject themselves to the HORROR of the little man but they all do it because without Matt they'd have to get actual jobs and work for a living.

Chris needs to grow a set and quit being Matt's bitch... but he won't

• Like 1
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

Matt's a genius he's got everyone fished in for another season

Maybe but he's also on record saying he doesn't care if his kids hate him for the choices he makes. 

Mind you, I am fairly certain Matt's just creating drama over and whining to the public for sympathy over some small change that likely none of the kids care about. 

26 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

all the people who ride his coattails and rely on him for a living are more than happy to play along Amy, Chris, Zach, Tori.

And there's a gun to his head or is he doing this by choice?

27 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

No one is forcing any of these leeches to stay on the show, or take airline tickets to visit Matt and Caryn or subject themselves to the HORROR of the little man but they all do it because without Matt they'd have to get actual jobs and work for a living.

I just find it hilarious that Matt is happy to be free of Amy but continues to what was it? Let her leach off of him and treat him like ass AND get paid for it? Gosh, why would Matt allow this? He's already mortgaged his property to get control of it and be rid of her... but then he's willfully inviting her to use the farm for her wedding AND gifting her with plane tickets to visit his love nest in AZ? 

Maybe Amy isn't the one "wishing and dreaming and hoping"... Matt seems really invested in keeping his ex in his life. 

Oh yeah, if Matt can't stand carrying the leaches, maybe he could grow a set and tell them to fuck off. Instead he's allowing it and letting his woman push him around in a stroller. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Munchkin said:

Matt's a genius he's got everyone fished in for another season and all the people who ride his coattails and rely on him for a living are more than happy to play along Amy, Chris, Zach, Tori.

Hilarious isn’t it… Amy and her lap dog Chris dancing along to Matt’s tune.

No matter what Matt comes up with for a story, sending Amy and Chris tickets to visit him they show up like the leeching losers that they are. 😂

Chris is so dependant on Matt for a living that he’s willing to perform like a trained monkey… jeeez have some pride support your wife, quit leeching off her ex-husband. 👎🏻

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

No matter what Matt comes up with for a story, sending Amy and Chris tickets to visit him they show up like the leeching losers that they are. 😂

Again, I thought Matt was "thanking God and Greyhound she's gone!" yet he intentionally invites her to his vacation home in a different state.... and pays her way. I mean, honestly folks, I would have considered the free wedding venue a very generous wedding gift. If Matt is intentionally doing stuff to make the audience think and know Amy and Chris are "leaching loser" - then you do understand he's intentionally being a manipulative asshole trying to make his ex look bad?

Again, I thought Matt was glad to be free and yet here he is, letting Amy rent space in his head. If you're willing to spend money - even TLC's money - to engineer moments where you can display your ex to the public in a bad light... then you sure aren't over your ex. 

8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris is so dependant on Matt for a living that he’s willing to perform like a trained monkey… jeeez have some pride support your wife, quit leeching off her ex-husband. 👎🏻

See, whats sad here is that I think Chris genuinely tries to be cordial to Matt but Matt apparently is getting his jollies giving Chris a gift that's intended to let Matt display Chris as a leaching loser and a trained monkey. Matt's not much of a friend is he?

Perhaps this is exactly why Amy wasn't encouraging the friendship? Because Matt likes to manipulate "friends" into situations where Matt makes himself look good and them bad?

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Munchkin said:

hahahahahahaaaa! Leeching, Leechers that Leech!

I felt second hand embarrassment for Amy and Chris such pathetic losers flying to Matt and Caryn's love shack, holy cow they'll do anything for a buck!

Then Amy tries to act all indignant.... PLEASE!... no one is forcing your ass to go anywhere, stay home with your MAN and booze it up on the front porch. 🥴😵

16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris is so dependent on Matt for a living that he’s willing to perform like a trained monkey… jeeez have some pride support your wife, quit leeching off her ex-husband. 👎🏻

Matt's definitely the Organ Grinder and Chris is the dancing monkey  😂

mattmonkey.jpg

• LOL 8
13 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I felt second hand embarrassment for Amy and Chris such pathetic losers flying to Matt and Caryn's love shack, holy cow they'll do anything for a buck!

Yeah cause Matt inviting his ex wife he's so happy to be free of to his out of state love shack on his dime is Matt NOT embarrassing himself for a paycheck from TLC, apparently.  ;) I mean, who does this? A bitter spiteful man who can't let it go. 

Matt has Amy riding in his head space so hard, they're divorced and he is still looking for ways to show the public he's the "organ grinder" in their relationship still. 

Caryn better accept that they aren't getting married because Matt is way too dedicated to spending time with his ex wife so he can display her to the public as his special little target.

30 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Yeah a great example of how *nice* Matt is to his friends - nice to his face and setting him up for theoretical public humiliation behind his back. Matt sure treats a guy he calls a friend *great* doesn't he? I mean, I kind of suspect that Matt is *delighted* to know people think Chris is his dancing monkey due to Matt's inability to stay out of Amy's life. :)

If Matt is intentionally setting up Amy and Chris for public humiliation - a)Matt's so clearly not "over" his marriage with Amy and b) what did Chris to deserve this? He's always been nice to Matt. What a dickish friend Matt is - no wonder he gets along so well with Caryn. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Absolutely. ^^^

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

hahahahahahaaaa! Leeching, Leechers that Leech!

Then Amy tries to act all indignant.... PLEASE!... no one is forcing your ass to go anywhere, stay home with your MAN and booze it up on the front porch. 🥴😵

mattmonkey.jpg

Maybe Chris is into a different "organ" to grind now? He's got to be sick of the little, greasy bulldozer.....

AMY: "Hey. Hi. It's me..."

MR. AMY: "YUCK. YOU AGAIN? "

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 6

Well that was interesting.  Now Tori has no use for her former babysitter and best friend Caryn since that they are not getting the farm.  Tori is a user and her and Zach appear to be sore losers.   

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Endora said:

Well that was interesting.  Now Tori has no use for her former babysitter and best friend Caryn since that they are not getting the farm.  Tori is a user and her and Zach appear to be sore losers.   

I agree... I used to think Tori was a sweet girl but not anymore... she expects everyone to treat her like an A List celebrity, she's get really rude and testy if anyone disagrees with her and she doesn't seem to appreciate what a privileged life she leads.

33 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe Chris is into a different "organ" to grind now? He's got to be sick of the little, greasy bulldozer.....

AMY: "Hey. Hi. It's me..."

MR. AMY: "YUCK. YOU AGAIN? "

Poor old Chris.. the organ grinder.... 😂

well you know that old joke..

What's worse than fish on your piano?

Spoiler

Crabs on your organ!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Endora said:

Maybe Z&T can start sucking up to Amy and Chris. Tori can make cooking videos with her new baby and Amy.  Zac can start going to strip clubs with Chris. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Endora said:

Now Tori has no use for her former babysitter and best friend Caryn since that they are not getting the farm.  Tori is a user and her and Zach appear to be sore losers.   

Well, can Matt and by proxy Caryn the girlfriend really bitch when Matt's on record with how he doesn't care if the kids hate him for his decision?

One of the consequences of an attitude of my way or the highway, and I don't care if you hate me is that yeah, it can cause tension and make people not be all that quick to kiss your ass. 

Besides - how long is it before favored Jackson finds out Matt doesn't care if Jackson hates him for his choices?  Frankly that Matt clearly and openly favors Jackson to the detriment of all the other grandkids including Lilah is a wee bit toxic anyway and its probably best that Matt and Caryn get a little less time. 

Matt's little declaration of not caring one bit if the kids hate him for his decisions about the farm is one hell of a toxic declaration. Let's see - Molly moved away, Jeremy and Auj gave up, Zach and Tory are giving up and Amy was driven away, and I wonder how long Jacob and Izzy stick around. I really think the issue here just might be that Matt is the problem. Its difficult to be around a loved one who tells the public how little they think of your concerns. 

In fairness - I don't think Zach ever had a serious chance at the farm, or Jeremy for that matter - I think Matt's never had any real interest in giving up any portion of the farm. And thats fine - but he's also spent a whole lotta time telling the kids and the public how he wants one of the kids to take over the farm blah blah blah often complete with going on about how tired he is and how he wants out, why won't the kids step up and take the burden from him. If it was never going to happen - and there's significant financial and "fair division of wealth to the kids" issues to make it not happen - then Matt should have shut up about it long ago and not publicly painted his kids as losers and too lazy to want to take his job. Again, thats the toxicity of Matt. 

I'm curious if this ends up one of those seasons where Matt complains to the public about the editing. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t think Jeremy and Zach not “getting” the farm is what Matt is referencing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

To me it looked like Matt was unveiling new building plans (he usually has small scale models of his projects) and I’m interested to find out if that’s the case and what his plans are….

im NOT at all interested in Zach and Tori and the next baby or how bowed Jackson’s legs are or if he’s walking into more places like he OWNS the joint!… also tired of Lilah bean grunting, screaming and removing her glasses….have zero interest in watching Chris and Amy boozing it up on the front porch, walking with Mr Bean (Deb) or listening to platinum haired Mae West wannabe (Lisa) sucking up to Napoleon Bulldozer (Amy) while she barges around bossing everyone.

More Matt and LESS LEECHES please!! ❤️

One of my all time favorites!!  Thanks for the laughs Dustbunny!!

357879B7-EEF6-4F3A-8DB2-0C2B971D931B.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

To me it looked like Matt was unveiling new building plans (he usually has small scale models of his projects) and I’m interested to find out if that’s the case and what his plans are….

I admit curiosity here as well, if only because the north side of the farm is "the big house" side. (I think, not good with maps) and the kids haven't in the past been upset about Matt tearing down the rotted beyond repair kiddy structures of their childhood. Now if he's planning to tear down the family home in a significant remodel again - maybe that'd annoy one of the kids but even that isn't exactly shocking. 

I'm curious when Matt's barbie dream house will start - if the not terribly attractive (imo) garage is supposed to connect, then I am also curious how that will make the place look. Realistically, I doubt the wedding barn will ever be used for a wedding again anyway but with the garage there as well, where he plans to put the house seems awkward.

Regardless - I find it odd that he'd ask Amy over to check out his plans. She's the ex wife with no financial interest in the property who is often upset by change.... Matt wants her to see his plans why? If he is just shoving his plans in her face to piss her off... again, another indicator he's still got Amy on the brain. A man who is "thank god she's gone!" and excited to do his projects without someone bitching.... intentionally invites the bitcher to come comment? Caryn may satisfy him in the sack (tho the whole stroller thing makes me wonder if there's some infantilism fantasies going on) but apparently Matt has a need to hear complaining.

• Love 2

It could be that Amy still has some financial interest in the farm itself, even though she sold the house and it’s property. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It could be that Amy still has some financial interest in the farm itself, even though she sold the house and it’s property. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She certainly says she's done. And according to the Sun, not necessarily an awesome source, in the Roloff Farms business annual report filed on Jan 11, 2022, Matt is listed as the president and secretary of the business and no mention of Amy or the boys when previously Amy was the secretary.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4686152/little-people-matt-roloff-snubs-sons-family-farm-feud/

In a previous season Matt said the garage will be connected to his new home by a breezeway 

that’s exactly what we did when we built our dream home, we have a 3 car garage with breezeway going into a large laundry / mud room and we love it… at first we left the breezeway open with just a roof but after a few years hubby decided to add glass walls and it looks awesome.

Hubby never liked the idea of cars parked in a garage that was part of the house… one of our first homes had a media room above the garage and with the cars, gas cans, lawnmower etc etc sometimes you could smell it plus our neighbour was a fireman and told us about all the house fires that start in garages and how much better it is to have separate garage and breezeway.

I can’t wait to see what Matt does with his 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

President and secretary are titles, ownership is different. 
Who knows, my day goes on!

Fair enough. I'm just amused at the notion that Matt made such a shitty deal if you're right - he's had to mortgage the original property to get rid of her, he's paid thru the nose for the property and he's still required to consult her on changes to the property? She still has financial interest in the property?

1 minute ago, DonnaMae said:

Could it be that all this drama is being played out for the 'show'?

Maybe but Matt inviting Amy and Chris to his vacation home on his own dime (theoretically I am sure TLC might have purchased this for Matt to give to Amy but still) and inviting her over to his property to show her the new plans for whatever when he knows she gets mad at change.... Hmm... thought he was glad to be rid of her yet here he is, intentionally inviting the drama to himself. 

4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

In a previous season Matt said the garage will be connected to his new home by a breezeway 

Yup, I know. I just have difficulty visualizing where the breezeway will go  and where the actual house will be placed in relation to the wedding barn. Not helped that I don't care for the faux log cabin/Little House on the Prairie house vibe that the garage has. 

• Love 2

They may still have the corporate structure for producing the show in common.  That should not involve Amy in property changes though.  Perhaps it's all just fodder to make episodes or another lie on the pile of "reality' TV. 

• Love 2
Just now, Absolom said:

They may still have the corporate structure for producing the show in common.  That should not involve Amy in property changes though.  Perhaps it's all just fodder to make episodes or another lie on the pile of "reality' TV. 

Oh I assume something like this - Matt needs a story so even though there's no reason to involve Amy in whatever he wants to do, he invites her to the farm to create drama and get a reaction. Then he can whine and complain how he's misunderstood and get sympathy when again there's no reason for him to be inviting his ex over at all. She's his ex, they don't get along, why can't Matt have a story without Amy as his bitch point?

You know what I'd like to see? Matt on the farm doing a project without involving any member of his family. No Amy to bitch about and moan and blame, no Zach and Tory to bitch about and moan and blame. Let's see Matt stand up like a man a do a project without a family member to be his whipped blame bitch when shit goes wrong.

The couple of times Matt played with the contractors - installing the pool comes to mind, and the endless house remodel - they were rolling their eyes at him, pointing out again and again that he was incurring more costs and with the pool, they had to redo the pit he insisted on digging. I'm actually all for Matt by himself showing us how he does stuff. Its usually hilarious. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

that’s exactly what we did when we built our dream home, we have a 3 car garage with breezeway going into a large laundry / mud room and we love it… at first we left the breezeway open with just a roof but after a few years hubby decided to add glass walls and it looks awesome.

Hubby never liked the idea of cars parked in a garage that was part of the house… one of our first homes had a media room above the garage and with the cars, gas cans, lawnmower etc etc sometimes you could smell it plus our neighbour was a fireman and told us about all the house fires that start in garages and how much better it is to have separate garage and breezeway.

I can’t wait to see what Matt does with his 

Same here we have a breezeway and love it, I'd never go back to a garage as part of our house ever again!

To each their own but I think Matt's barn type garage and matching house will look nice, it's a farm not an estate. 👍

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just don’t care to see Zach or Tori.  

That makes 2 of us. And I don't want to see Jackson or Lilly Bean (or whatever they call her) 

The kids can't help that their parents have over exposed them to the point of being no longer "cute/adorable". For me, those kids are unwatchable. 

• Love 5

Yes, Zach, Tori, and their kids I could do without on this show. I get they’re supposed to be the next generation yada yada yada, but as much as Matt and Amy irritate me, their shenanigans, or even them with their respective partners are more interesting.  I mean hearing Chris describing Amy’s mugs with dead flies or Matt screaming yeah on his tractor while Karen redecorates his house I can at least giggle or snark on.  Amy making dinner with 35 pounds of garlic while crawling on Chris’ motorcycle like she’s an extra in The Wild One, I’d even settle for that.

I’m not sure if Zach is mumbling or just talks low, but I have difficulty understanding him.  I’m not sure I’ve ever heard Lilah talk, but I don’t expect her or Jackson to carry the show so that leaves Tori, and honestly the only time I felt like Tori was bearable was when Jeremy and Audrey were on the show.

I’ve been rewatching some of the episodes I missed and I almost always fast forward some of Zach and Tori unless Sully is in the scene.  I will skip a lot of Lilah because it’s most just Tori talking, but I usually watch Jackson’s scene if he’s doing something.

I hope the new season concentrates on Matt’s new house build and the newlyweds settling into married life, but I guess they are obligated to spend a fair amount of time on Tori’s pregnancy depending on when they started filming. I hate birth or wedding episodes.  I even skipped the special on the Royal wedding of Amy and MY MAN besides a few clips online.

• Love 6

Hope the new season is more of Amy, Chris, Matt and Caryn interactions.  It always fun to see Chris be nice to Matt while Amy  makes a bunch of faces and fumes inside.  Zach and Tori are so boring, can't take anymore of them sitting around barefoot asking Jackson questions and laughing at the responses.  The kids are not entertaining.   Will be interesting to hear Matt's decision about the farm.   

Edited by Endora
  • Love 7
On 4/23/2022 at 7:43 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

In fairness - I don't think Zach ever had a serious chance at the farm, or Jeremy for that matter - I think Matt's never had any real interest in giving up any portion of the farm. And thats fine - but he's also spent a whole lotta time telling the kids and the public how he wants one of the kids to take over the farm blah blah blah often complete with going on about how tired he is and how he wants out, why won't the kids step up and take the burden from him. If it was never going to happen - and there's significant financial and "fair division of wealth to the kids" issues to make it not happen - then Matt should have shut up about it long ago and not publicly painted his kids as losers and too lazy to want to take his job. Again, thats the toxicity of Matt. 

I do think he did have dreams of Jeremy one day taking it over, expecting Jeremy to do everything his way. But Jeremy proved himself to be lazy beyond words, extremely useless, and seemingly expected it basically for free. While Audrey is running a pyramid scheme, she does seem to be working her hustle hard. I have no doubts none of their joint projects would ever get done if Jeremy was in charge. I do think that if Jeremy ever grew up and actually had half a desire to work, he would have just followed Matt's directions and Audrey would have been the one making sure things got done.

I agree, Zach never had a serious chance. He might have a slightly better work ethic than Jeremy, but also expected to have an actual say in things. I don't think he quite expected the farm for free, but also wasn't thinking he should have to pay a fair market value. Tori doesn't seem to have that much of a drive either, so while Audrey would have been cracking the whip behind Jeremy, I don't see anything ever getting done with Zach running the show. 

Obviously neither twin, and likely Matt for that matter, ever took Molly or Jacob into consideration. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I do think he did have dreams of Jeremy one day taking it over, expecting Jeremy to do everything his way.

Which isn't the same as passing the business on. "You can work here under me and you have to do everything I say, its my way or the highway" isn't really letting Jeremy take over, its employing Jeremy. And while I think Jeremy is lazy as the day is long (completely agree that Audrey is the one behind the success of their various ventures) I actually can understand why spending your childhood being told how one day you'll be taking over, only to find out that Dad is never going to let go of control AND you'll have to pay for the privilege of "running the farm but never doing anything that Matt doesn't expressly want or agree to" might lead to some of the bitterness Jeremy expresses over "the death of the dream".

With both Zach and Jeremy I think some of the problem is Matt's unwillingness to actually cede control and whether he is asking a fair market value price. Hear me out - I think it's completely fair for Matt to expect one of his kids to *purchase* the property. Thats how the "thats unfair" stuff from the other kids stops - if one child purchases the family home at fair market value, no one is somehow being cheated. 

We know Matt bought HALF the big house property for 975k. That means the original 34 acre farm is around 1,950,000 - lets round up to 2 million. Zach knows the numbers, they're public. I doubt Amy price gouged Matt in selling - I think she got a fair price and I think a lot of the not said back and forth over this was Matt attempting to pay as little as he had to in order to get control of the farm. My point? I don't think Matt over paid  for the property simply to be rid of Amy. So two million is probably accurate. I'm not against some profit, but anything higher than 2.2 million or 1.1 million for "Amy's half" is a price gouge on Matt's part and I can see why Zach would be angry. Zach did just pay close to a million for his own property, so to a point it's not an issue of not having the money.

Matt also is currently tied to the show and to pumpkin season which means he has to maintain some control over the big house property because most of the pumpkin season stuff is on that side of the property. Which means we're back to "you are buying the property and paying top dollar but I also still control the property and business and all decisions go thru me" - its not really letting someone "take over" the farm, if you're maintaining control of all farm business and they're just paying for the privilege of living there... and I can't blame Zach for not wanting to pay top dollar to not really be taking over the farm. 

If Matt *really* wants one of the kids to take over the farm, he needs to leave his self involved little bubble and accept that someone taking OVER the farm means he will no longer have the final say on *everything*. I think what Matt wants is one of the kids to be there to order around and to make him look good as a dad, a "look at me, I'm a farmer man and here's my farmer son waiting in the wings, aren't I a great dad?" type of thing. Thats fine, but thats not ceding control of the farm to one of the kids.

And I have no problem with Matt clutching the farm as his personal toy until his last breath... but if thats the plan then he needs to stop publicly shaming his children for not being willing to step up and help Dad and not being willing to share Dad's dream of a legacy on the land. If he really wants one of the kids to take over - he has to be willing to step back and change how he controls everything. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Which isn't the same as passing the business on. "You can work here under me and you have to do everything I say, its my way or the highway" isn't really letting Jeremy take over, its employing Jeremy. And while I think Jeremy is lazy as the day is long (completely agree that Audrey is the one behind the success of their various ventures) I actually can understand why spending your childhood being told how one day you'll be taking over, only to find out that Dad is never going to let go of control AND you'll have to pay for the privilege of "running the farm but never doing anything that Matt doesn't expressly want or agree to" might lead to some of the bitterness Jeremy expresses over "the death of the dream".

With both Zach and Jeremy I think some of the problem is Matt's unwillingness to actually cede control and whether he is asking a fair market value price. Hear me out - I think it's completely fair for Matt to expect one of his kids to *purchase* the property. Thats how the "thats unfair" stuff from the other kids stops - if one child purchases the family home at fair market value, no one is somehow being cheated. 

We know Matt bought HALF the big house property for 975k. That means the original 34 acre farm is around 1,950,000 - lets round up to 2 million. Zach knows the numbers, they're public. I doubt Amy price gouged Matt in selling - I think she got a fair price and I think a lot of the not said back and forth over this was Matt attempting to pay as little as he had to in order to get control of the farm. My point? I don't think Matt over paid  for the property simply to be rid of Amy. So two million is probably accurate. I'm not against some profit, but anything higher than 2.2 million or 1.1 million for "Amy's half" is a price gouge on Matt's part and I can see why Zach would be angry. Zach did just pay close to a million for his own property, so to a point it's not an issue of not having the money.

Matt also is currently tied to the show and to pumpkin season which means he has to maintain some control over the big house property because most of the pumpkin season stuff is on that side of the property. Which means we're back to "you are buying the property and paying top dollar but I also still control the property and business and all decisions go thru me" - its not really letting someone "take over" the farm, if you're maintaining control of all farm business and they're just paying for the privilege of living there... and I can't blame Zach for not wanting to pay top dollar to not really be taking over the farm. 

If Matt *really* wants one of the kids to take over the farm, he needs to leave his self involved little bubble and accept that someone taking OVER the farm means he will no longer have the final say on *everything*. I think what Matt wants is one of the kids to be there to order around and to make him look good as a dad, a "look at me, I'm a farmer man and here's my farmer son waiting in the wings, aren't I a great dad?" type of thing. Thats fine, but thats not ceding control of the farm to one of the kids.

And I have no problem with Matt clutching the farm as his personal toy until his last breath... but if thats the plan then he needs to stop publicly shaming his children for not being willing to step up and help Dad and not being willing to share Dad's dream of a legacy on the land. If he really wants one of the kids to take over - he has to be willing to step back and change how he controls everything. 

Remember matt has always been a 'me first' shithead.

• Love 2

The fact that Jackson said “guess what, we’re moving to “Battle Ground” made it sound even worse…. It sounded like they were taking up a battle position in a war.

in reality the community Zach and Tori moved to is named Battle Ground, Washington 

I think Matt dodged a bullet, both Zach and Matt are stubborn and Zach is lazy as hell… it never would have worked.

• Love 3

I'm so not shocked that Matt's letting us all know that everyone but Matt was being unreasonable :)

Also not shocked that he's getting his farm to himself and laughing about it. 

For the record, TLC? It would be easier to figure out who's being unreasonable if the actual offers and counter offers were revealed. I'm more pro Matt if Zach was offering magic beans and a handful of nickels and much more pro Zach if Matt was demanding double what he paid Amy and also complete control of the property.

• Love 6

I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole Zach was going to buy the farm was a total storyline.  Neither Zach or Jeremy seem capable of running the farm and neither one (Zach in this case) should have realistically thought Matt was going to really say here’s the farm …TAKE IT (whether they were giving him a fair price or not).  At best, I think Matt would let his kids build a house on the property.  Otherwise, I think he will have his hands on the farm until he is completely incapacitated or dead.

Matt buying the farm from Amy just to turn around and sell it to Zach never made sense.  I think all the sales of the farm were storyline driven except for Matt and Amy and I think even that one was exaggerated a little for the cameras.

Unless Tori can somehow run a farm from IG I don’t see how they would do more than help out during pumpkin season.  

Matt and Amy get on my nerves but I don’t think either is lazy or moronic.  Barring Molly none of their children seem to have a good work ethic.  

• Love 12