Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole Zach was going to buy the farm was a total storyline.

I dunno Zach seemed pretty genuinely pissed and he's certainly not a good actor.

2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Neither Zach or Jeremy seem capable of running the farm and neither one (Zach in this case) should have realistically thought Matt was going to really say here’s the farm …TAKE IT (whether they were giving him a fair price or not).

No one said either twin was smart, agreed. :) But Matt has been insisting for years that he wants to pass the legacy on etc etc etc

3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

At best, I think Matt would let his kids build a house on the property.  Otherwise, I think he will have his hands on the farm until he is completely incapacitated or dead.

Land use laws in the area forbid this. The wedding barn side and the big house side are two seperate properties and can only have one family dwelling. When and if Matt builds the barbie dream house, he will have to move or tear down the doublewide.

Agree that Matt has no intention of giving up any control of the property.  

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to say, Caryn said exactly what I was thinking.

Yeah Caryn is clearly in "stand by her man" mode with her "what the fuck??" I was a bit "kiss your faux grandkids with that mouth, Caryn?". I mean, Amy said "blow it out your ass" and she was A BAD PERSON so I guess Caryn needs to burn on the fire too since "fuck" came out of her mouth. I mean this is a family show and Pretend Grandma/Matt's lover is all "WHAT THE FUCK" - if thats how she talks on tv, I wonder what gets said when the cameras aren't there.

Also amused at Caryn's marveling over why would anyone be upset over the situation. Unrealistic expectations or not, the younger couple has just found out they won't be purchasing the family homestead and Caryn has NO idea why that might be upsetting?

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole Zach was going to buy the farm was a total storyline.  Neither Zach or Jeremy seem capable of running the farm and neither one (Zach in this case) should have realistically thought Matt was going to really say here’s the farm …TAKE IT (whether they were giving him a fair price or not).  At best, I think Matt would let his kids build a house on the property.  Otherwise, I think he will have his hands on the farm until he is completely incapacitated or dead.

Matt buying the farm from Amy just to turn around and sell it to Zach never made sense.  I think all the sales of the farm were storyline driven except for Matt and Amy and I think even that one was exaggerated a little for the cameras.

Unless Tori can somehow run a farm from IG I don’t see how they would do more than help out during pumpkin season.  

Matt and Amy get on my nerves but I don’t think either is lazy or moronic.  Barring Molly none of their children seem to have a good work ethic.  

Exactly and From what I saw Amy wanted top dollar and every single cent she could get from the sale of her half to Matt (which she should, she deserved her fair share and if Matt didn’t want to pay her what she wanted then she didn’t have to sell, no one expected Amy to give her half to Matt for less than it’s value)

I have friends in a similar situation who wanted their oldest son to carry on their farm, they were divorcing and both of them agreed to help their son purchase the farm by taking less profit from the sale.

JMO but I don’t think any of the Roloff boys are capable of running the place, Zach and Jeremy are lazy and Jacob seems too interested in laying around smoking pot, bitching and whining about his lot in life.

Zach is a dullard who thinks he’s a lot smarter and capable than he actually is and Tori isn’t much better, their only income is appearing on the show… Jeremy might have had a better shot at doing the job because he’s married to a real go getter who doesn’t shy away from putting in the effort to be successful.

Zach wouldn’t even clean and tidy his garage so his pregnant wife wouldn’t have to park on the driveway and carry in a toddler with her arms full of packages… IIRC Tori wound up hiring people to organize their garage while Zach sat on his ass.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Instead of selling to Matt why didn't Amy sell to Zach or Jeremy?  She could stick it to Matt that way and make one of her boys happy.  Guess she didn't want to miss out on a penny.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't recall either son making offers. 

I know I've been pretty up front in stating Matt shouldn't sell below market value. Why is Amy greedy and not making the family happy for doing the same?

eta - also I know Amy is considered to be selfish etc by some but I can't see her intentionally jacking the price of property to get more profit from one of her kids. She might fuck Matt over that way although that would be displaying more smarts than I think she has, but one of the kids? Can't see it. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 6
(edited)

That clip about Zach suggests a lot:

1) He is a coward, having Jackson tell Matt and Caryn they are moving to avoid saying it himself.  What is he, 8 years old?

2) He holds a grudge, the anger was palpable.  Tori's instagram doesn't appear to highlight an interactions with Matt and Caryn so they appear still on the outs

3) He feels entitled to get a deal on the farm.  I'm not sure why he feels like he should special treatment over his sibs, but he does.

4) He is an idiot for thinking Matt would give him a deal.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 9

When I say the sale was a storyline, I mean I think Matt has been talking for years about the “kid(s)” taking over the farm and is still talking about it because there’s not much on the show unless we want to see Matt and Amy argue or Amy talk about MY MAN! Although honestly I’d rather see both of those thing then Zach and Tori. I’m not sure why any of them really think he’d hand over the reigns to anybody, it’s like me expecting Amy to make a decision by any time frame she gives.  She can say it all season long, but I know that nonsense isn’t really happening on the date given unless MY MAN or one of the BFFs does it for her.  

I think Zach may have thought he had a better chance of turning this mess into an actual reality show after Jeremy went off to “write” marriage books, but I don’t understand why Zach would think Matt did all that work trying to buying the farm from Amy just to sell it to him months later at a “low price”.

I think Matt knows that neither of the twits could run the farm and honestly I feel like it would probably kill him (figuratively) if Zach bought it and ran it into the ground.  I mean Zach doesn’t even know he has to buy food for his guests when he invites them to a bbq/party, now he knows how to run a farm.  He should be happy they’re making money from the show and probably have a decent financial advisor.  

As mentioned earlier, the problem is The Roloffs are all stubborn (less maybe Molly), but Zach and Jeremy seem to be lazy and not bright on top of it.  

BTW Zach and Tori are a couple of turds for having Jackson tell the moving news.  I guess if Lilah were talking they would have had her strut over there to inform them too and if they are truly mad about this “land deal” and withholding the grandkids as punishment that’s shitty too because if it was so toxic Zach why the hell did you want to move there and have your kids there every day beforehand? 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

When I say the sale was a storyline, I mean I think Matt has been talking for years about the “kid(s)” taking over the farm and is still talking about it because there’s not much on the show unless we want to see Matt and Amy argue or Amy talk about MY MAN!

Oh I have no doubt in my mind that Matt has never once ever seriously considered his sons as anything other than farm hands and people to order about. But he's certainly said publicly on episodes of this show that he wants to pass the farm down to one of the kids and create a legacy. While you and I and other viewers are clever enough to see that Matt was shining everyone on about that, the twins apparently did believe their dad. 

12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

BTW Zach and Tori are a couple of turds for having Jackson tell the moving news.

Its not a great look. Right up there with telling the world you want one of your kids to take over the family business for years and not meaning it in the slightest.

14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

if they are truly mad about this “land deal” and withholding the grandkids as punishment that’s shitty too because if it was so toxic Zach why the hell did you want to move there and have your kids there every day beforehand? 

Actions do have consequences. Were they supposed to act like Grandpa Matt and Chacha are in their good graces? Maybe the situation raised the blinders that have been on for so long? I mean, is Matt really boo hoo hooing here? He's laughing to the camera over how wrong Zach is and in other previews he's proudly stating he doesn't care if his kids hate him over his choices. 

I mean, this is what happens when your kids hate you - you lose free and easy access to the grandkids. Is it shitty on their part? Yes. Is Matt a purely innocent victim here? Gosh, I don't think so. 

• Love 7

Amy is well aware of what it takes to run that farm and I remember a scene when Amy had packed up her big house but was still there walking around when she found out that Zach was thinking of buying that side of the farm and to me she looked horrified.

I think Amy knows her boys, she knows Matt and she understands what it takes to run it and she looked like it was a bad idea.

Maybe it was partially due to it being Zach making the offer and she knew that wouldn’t be good for the already strained relationship between the brothers AND their wives or maybe she just knows that Zach would be in way over his head and Tori doesn’t have the same drive as Auj.

whatever the case Amy looked concerned and I don’t blame her.

I think Matt should run his farm and forget about this whole legacy nonsense, it’s a little pumpkin patch… it’s not Disneyland 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Forgot to say this earlier but I got a vibe from Caryn like she was maybe enjoying the rift between Matt and Zach, Tori.

I mean if she’s a gold digger all the better if Matt is estranged from his kids when he croaks.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Oh I have no doubt in my mind that Matt has never once ever seriously considered his sons as anything other than farm hands and people to order about. But he's certainly said publicly on episodes of this show that he wants to pass the farm down to one of the kids and create a legacy. While you and I and other viewers are clever enough to see that Matt was shining everyone on about that, the twins apparently did believe their dad. 

Its not a great look. Right up there with telling the world you want one of your kids to take over the family business for years and not meaning it in the slightest.

Actions do have consequences. Were they supposed to act like Grandpa Matt and Chacha are in their good graces? Maybe the situation raised the blinders that have been on for so long? I mean, is Matt really boo hoo hooing here? He's laughing to the camera over how wrong Zach is and in other previews he's proudly stating he doesn't care if his kids hate him over his choices. 

I mean, this is what happens when your kids hate you - you lose free and easy access to the grandkids. Is it shitty on their part? Yes. Is Matt a purely innocent victim here? Gosh, I don't think so. 

Never thought Matt was innocent, don’t really think any of them are, but I do think if they’re using the kids/grandkids as pawns that sucks.  Especially since they seemingly only brought the grandkids over either because the camera was there or to have Jackson be the singing telegram of the moving news, since they supposedly went from going everyday to not at all and Karen is not my favorite person but they didn’t seem to mind her baby sitting services and I honestly doubt Matt gives her any control over what he does for the farm.  

Again, I’m not too worried about any of these folks because I think they are most interested in the checks clearing.  But I do think it weird they used their toddler as their spokesman, they could of just sent a text if Zach was that uncomfortable about it. I mean none of this family are winners except maybe Molly. Jacob, I really don’t have thought on other than he seemed ignored by both of his parents a good part of his childhood and it seems he had to deal with being abused, which is awful. I don’t follow his SM so not up-to-date on any nonsense, if any, he post.  YMMV of course.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Forgot to say this earlier but I got a vibe from Caryn like she was maybe enjoying the rift between Matt and Zach, Tori.

I mean if she’s a gold digger all the better if Matt is estranged from his kids when he croaks.

I thought maybe Caryn was “mad” because weren’t she and Tori friends? So she goes from seeing watching Jackson everyday to not at all, although I still think they’re all hamming it up to a certain extent.  I still hold on to my epic storyline of Caryn and Chris playing the long con of being scamming grifters that will somehow rule the mega empires of both Roloff Farms and Amy’s Little Kitchen!  <evil laugh> Matt and Amy will be forces to shill oils for Audrey, while Caryn and Chris count their precious jars of peach salsa and cubes of fudge <evil laugh> 😂

p.s. Again I don’t really care too much about any of them because the 4 main Roloffs on this show seem like jerks a lot of the time.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Never thought Matt was innocent, don’t really think any of them are, but I do think if they’re using the kids/grandkids as pawns that sucks.

What else are they supposed to do? Take the kids to Granddad so he can fill their heads with how Grandpa is the victim of Daddy?

ince they supposedly went from going everyday to not at all and Karen is not my favorite person but they didn’t seem to mind her baby sitting services and I honestly doubt Matt gives her any control over what he does for the farm.  

Well, she's Matt's ally and again, are they supposed to act like they aren't mad? If they're simply taking advantage of Matt's lover as a free babysitter, perhaps its best for everyone that they tend their own kids. Also when it comes to sides, Caryn is clearly on Team Matt with her public "what the fucks" in his honor. 

Mind you, I agree that Matt does not in any way consider Caryn a partner on the farm and she's well aware of that so no matter how long she's been friends with Tory, she's "what the fuck" on camera for Matt's honor as Tory isn't taking her on exotic vacations or on lengthy vacations in Arizona. Caryn's job is pleasing her man. 

Not allowing access to the grandkids is a strategy and not one I wholly approve of to be honest, but I understand it and its not abusive to the kids. Frankly, the older the kids get the more I don't think Matt should get unfettered access as he IS toxic. 

In other words, I am sure his "special bond" with Jackson will soon be supplanted by another grandchild. Possibly Caryn's at this point. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Of course she is,get  shithead Matt all upset than swoop in ,get power of attorney, and head for the hills.She will come out with something for hanging around that asshole.

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy is well aware of what it takes to run that farm and I remember a scene when Amy had packed up her big house but was still there walking around when she found out that Zach was thinking of buying that side of the farm and to me she looked horrified.

Agreed but while I think some of that is her acceptance that Zach isn't likely to do well in the role, I also think some of that was her realization that she was not going to be able to protect him from Matt's douchebaggery. 

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe it was partially due to it being Zach making the offer and she knew that wouldn’t be good for the already strained relationship between the brothers AND their wives or maybe she just knows that Zach would be in way over his head and Tori doesn’t have the same drive as Auj.

Right, Amy is concerned about the farm tearing the family apart. Matt simply doesn't care. 

My small aside here is that everyone does realize that Zach likely does have a lot of money put aside and doesn't necessarily need to "run the farm" in order to survive, right? They could just live there and do the show and NOT do pumpkin season or do a lighter pumpkin season. There's never been an add on to the attractions in the last fifteen years that was earth shattering amazing. Matt likes to act like running that farm IS rocket science, and guys, it really isn't. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:
19 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I dunno Zach seemed pretty genuinely pissed and he's certainly not a good actor.

Add that to the long list of shit he is no good at.

• LOL 7

Zach could do what Matt did and hire a farm manager and staff.  He could probably keep the current crew and the farm and pumpkin season would go on much as it currently is.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Zach could do what Matt did and hire a farm manager and staff.  He could probably keep the current crew and the farm and pumpkin season would go on much as it currently is.  

Thats my point really. The farm isn't Disneyland and Pumpkin season isn't displaying INCREDIBLE NEW ATTRACTIONS... it really pretty much should be running itself at this point. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Also finding this teaser sort of hilarious in that Caryn is pratting how *her* family handles their shit so much better than the Roloffs.... didn't her son plead guilty to harassing her? Yes, per The Sun, yes he did. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3581214/little-people-caryn-chandler-son-connor-pleads-guilty-harassment/

So Caryn's "what the fuck" makes me question just how great her family handles their own issues. Also, maybe its best Jackson and Lilah don't see Chacha who throws the f-word down on national television about, you know, *their mom and dad*. 

Eta - I want to correct myself - Caryn said on national television "who the fuck does that" not "what the fuck" - it is still badmouthing Jackson and Lilah's parents with profanity in public. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
in the interest of accuracy
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

What else are they supposed to do? Take the kids to Granddad so he can fill their heads with how Grandpa is the victim of Daddy?

Well, she's Matt's ally and again, are they supposed to act like they aren't mad? If they're simply taking advantage of Matt's lover as a free babysitter, perhaps its best for everyone that they tend their own kids. Also when it comes to sides, Caryn is clearly on Team Matt with her public "what the fucks" in his honor. 

Mind you, I agree that Matt does not in any way consider Caryn a partner on the farm and she's well aware of that so no matter how long she's been friends with Tory, she's "what the fuck" on camera for Matt's honor as Tory isn't taking her on exotic vacations or on lengthy vacations in Arizona. Caryn's job is pleasing her man. 

Not allowing access to the grandkids is a strategy and not one I wholly approve of to be honest, but I understand it and its not abusive to the kids. Frankly, the older the kids get the more I don't think Matt should get unfettered access as he IS toxic. 

In other words, I am sure his "special bond" with Jackson will soon be supplanted by another grandchild. Possibly Caryn's at this point. 

We just disagree on some things and agree on others and that’s alright. I enjoy reading both views. Honestly I wouldn’t go to bat that hard for any of the Roloffs…well except Murphy!

• Love 6

We just disagree on some things and agree on others and that’s alright. I enjoy reading both views. Honestly I wouldn’t go to bat that hard for any of the Roloffs…well except Murphy!

Oh agreed, And Murphy is hilarious - a friend who is on my church board with me has a dog similar in personality if not in looks also called Murphy and last night we voted him president of the church board, jokingly of course.

I do want to add just one thing:

7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I thought maybe Caryn was “mad” because weren’t she and Tori friends?

Yeah, and doesn't Caryn like to go on about how she was best pals with Amy as well?

Maybe, just maybe, Caryn is part of the problem here. It surely does benefit *Caryn* for Matt to be on bad terms with his kids. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

Well that was quite the scene... all I've got to say is...

Jackson marched over, hands on his hips and announced the move LIKE HE OWNED THE PLACE!!! 

moving.gif

Yeah, I don’t know why Matt and Zach would be arguing at all because we ALL know, it’s Jackson who truly OWNS Roloff Farms, his school, the dentist….and Benihana! 😂 This gif is hilarious….Matt’s lucky Jackson didn’t roll up and say, “WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME!” Instead of we’re moving to Battleground 😂 Although I think Lilah might be the muscle of the team 😊

The kids are cute even if the adults are jackasses.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

This gif is hilarious….Matt’s lucky Jackson didn’t roll up and say, “WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME!”

This is probably why Matt doesn't want to sell, he can't possibly stand against Jackson's ALL CONSUMING POWER! :D

• LOL 4

Molly - moved away fast, out of the picture

Doubtful she is really in touch with any of her brothers

Zach - relationship with Jeremy on the outs

Doesn't seem to have much to do with other siblings

Jacob  - drifter

He and wife do seem to get along with everyone when their van house rolls into town?

Jeremy - same as Zach

Bottom line seems the siblings have little or nothing do with each other. Interesting and sad but not really surprising.

• Love 4

IMO Tori is the problem.  Got in Zach's ear about wanting the farm and turned him against his father.  Tori is evil.  Oh and looks both boys did make an offer on the farm.  

• Love 3

S23.E01: The Roloff Crazy Train

Zach and Tori dream of raising their family on the farm, but negotiations with Matt take a turn for the worse, and the two parties are left at odds. Amy and Chris look forward to life as a married couple, but Zach reveals a shocking family decision.

Original air date 2022.05.17

• Love 2
23 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

S23.E01: The Roloff Crazy Train

Original air date 2022.05.17

I’ll be tuning in.  What had gotten appealing about the series since the parties separated, was less verbal banter.  That used to be pretty bad back in the day.  Then, there was the whining about the divorce and property settlement.  But, still better than the arguments.  So, I suppose we’ll get something different this season.  Everyone seems to have their footing…..does anyone know when this first episode was filmed?

On 5/10/2022 at 9:01 PM, Irate Panda said:

Honestly I wouldn’t go to bat that hard for any of the Roloffs…well except Murphy!

Maybe it’s time that this dog gets his own thread here on the forum🤔☺️ 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Maybe it’s time that this dog gets his own thread here on the forum🤔☺️ 

I would go for that the humans are way to shitty.

10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Edited by stoppro
double quote
  • Love 5

The newest episode is on Discovery+.

Spoiler

Both Caryn and Tori were in the meeting with Matt and Zach regarding the farm negotiation.

I think Tori had a right to be there. The negotiation effected her finances and her children. She and Zach are married.

Caryn, on the other hand, shouldn't have been in the meeting. She and Matt aren't married. The negotiation did not effect her in any way. Matt said he needed her there because he can't hear well and forgets a lot of things. I'm not buying it.

Caryn certainly seems to have a lot to say regarding Matt's money and his relationship with his children. She's slowly trying to take over the family. Matt better wise up and be careful, she's starting to make her move.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Spoiler

I thought it was hilarious how upset Chris seemed about Zach and Tori moving away, Amy sat there like a bump on a log and Chris kept saying stuff like "But it's 45 minutes away" etc etc.... he knows what this means... He'll have to spend more time with the little Bulldozer because she'll have less distractions near home to keep her busy and out of his hair.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:
  Reveal spoiler

I thought it was hilarious how upset Chris seemed about Zach and Tori moving away, Amy sat there like a bump on a log and Chris kept saying stuff like "But it's 45 minutes away" etc etc.... he knows what this means... He'll have to spend more time with the little Bulldozer because she'll have less distractions near home to keep her busy and out of his hair.

You hit the bullseye on that one! I can see this shit show lasting a few more years especially when a certain couple gets divorced. He'll be sick of her muffins real soon.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Libby said:

The newest episode is on Discovery+.

Hide contents

Both Caryn and Tori were in the meeting with Matt and Zach regarding the farm negotiation.

I think Tori had a right to be there. The negotiation effected her finances and her children. She and Zach are married.

Caryn, on the other hand, shouldn't have been in the meeting. She and Matt aren't married. The negotiation did not effect her in any way. Matt said he needed her there because he can't hear well and forgets a lot of things. I'm not buying it.

Caryn certainly seems to have a lot to say regarding Matt's money and his relationship with his children. She's slowly trying to take over the family. Matt better wise up and be careful, she's starting to make her move.

caryn making the big move,she will say matt too fucked up,she has too 'handle it'.

• LOL 3

These Roloffs are all ridiculous.  For so many reasons.

Everyone is acting like a 45-60 min drive is unheard of.  Most of my very close, large family is 30-60 min from my house.  Some are even (gasp) 2 hours away.  But we manage to have holidays, birthdays, Sunday dinners, drop-ins ALL THE TIME. It is 2022, not 1822 or 1922. We drive cars; we don’t take a horse and buggy to go on these “journeys”.  Our cars can travel at 50-80 MPH.  They have: comfortable seating, heat and A/C, room for kids and pets, overnight bags, food and presents.  These idiots are carrying on as if Zach is packing his family into a Conestoga wagon and leading them across the Oregon Trail, FFS.

Zach having Jackson tell the big news to Matt was petty and immature. Matt and Zach’s handling  of the whole negotiation of the farm BS was not done well.  Matt doesn’t need to “give” the property to his kids, Zach shouldn’t have expected to “get” the farm for a deep discount.  Matt should have sat down with all his adult children and an estate planning expert years ago.  No spouses, no grandkids, no exes.  

Caryn is annoying, and should keep her trap shut. Ditto for Tori. No one gives a sh** about how uncomfortable or awkward either of you feel as a result of the mess you helped create.

Amy needs to discover SPF and deep moisturizers. Did she really say  it would have been good if Zach had “boughten” the farm???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 5/10/2022 at 10:26 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

There's never been an add on to the attractions in the last fifteen years that was earth shattering amazing. Matt likes to act like running that farm IS rocket science, and guys, it really isn't. 

And then he makes stupid decisions like those dinosaur sculptures which have zero to do with a farm experience.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Everyone is acting like a 45-60 min drive is unheard of.  

Yeah in major metro areas it is not uncommon for family members to select suburbs on opposite sides of the city.  People commute that long both ways as well, something that Matt and Amy never really had to deal with.  They are used to everything right at their fingertips and create drama over things ordinary people deal with just as a matter of course.

• Love 2

Zach was a turnoff to me. I get why Matt said what he did.  Very appropriate.  It’s not fair to the other children for Matt to sell at a low price to one child.  At least Matt finally realizes his kids aren’t farm people.  The grandkids can still come and visit though.  The new house for Zach and Tori seems great.  It’s much better than that stair ridden house.  

• Love 9
On 5/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

Caryn worked for Matt at the farm for a number of years as his right arm so I think she is as close to running the farm as any other person next to Matt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Matt + Zach= both assholes. 

Zach went in to the meeting with an entitled attitude and it pissed off Matt from the start. Tori has gotten used to the good life. She's a brat. 

Interesting to see the dynamic between Tori and Caryn now. They were such buddies before. Bet Amy is loving the divide.

Speaking of Amy. Marriage sure looks good on her. She seems very happy and so does Chris even though her family is falling apart. 

Zach must be doing very well financially since he can buy the new house and still own the old one until it sells. That's some hefty mortgages to carry. Oh, and I don't believe for a minute that the seller turned down an all cash offer and went with Zach's offer unless Zach went way over asking price and the other buyer backed out.

• Love 5
(edited)

Years ago, I thought my family was normal….fast forward to years later and it hit me that my family is just as dysfunctional as many others.  I guess it’s magnified when you’re on tv, though.  Maybe, the family will eventually work through their issues.  Idk.  I hope they work it out for the grandkids. Imo, grandparents are so important to kids. Their love and attention can enrich a child’s life enormously.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Dustbunny said:
  Hide contents

And Chris wasn't just "saying" those things. He was straight up whining. I wanted him to shut it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Years ago, I thought my family was normal….fast forward to years later and it hit me that my family is just as dysfunctional as many others.  I guess it’s magnified when you’re on tv, though.  Maybe, the family will eventually work through their issues.  Idk.  I hope they work it out for the grandkids. Imo, grandparents are so important to kids. Their love and attention can enrich a child’s like enormously.   

Yes every family is dysfunctional  but only some will admit it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I thought there was a new season of this show on again?  I got Pt 1 and Pt 2 of the friggin’ wedding last night.  I saw nothing of Zach and fam with Matt and Caryn?  My dvr is set to record new and reruns but got nothing I hadn’t seen before.  I watch on TLC not Discovery which I don’t get.