Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Hummm thinking about Chris. He’s nice looking and seemed to be fairly pleasant until he and Amy engaged in their back and forth. 

I can’t believe he never married??

There’s a big fat secret somewhere!

Lol.  When hubby and I married, he was 48 and I was 46. Neither of us had ever been married before, though he has two kids from a previous relationship. There are many reasons why someone doesn't marry, or marries later in life. Personally I never wanted kids, so never had that need to find someone to procreate with. I will admit that even in my teens and 20s I knew I wasn't interested in getting married, and/or having kids. It was an unusual stance at that time (especially for a woman - at least to admit it) and many people thought it was there business to tell me I would regret my decision. Heck, maybe they even thought there was a big fat secret somewhere. Lol. 

I've never regretted my decision not to have kids, or get married later in life. I have lived my life exactly as I have wanted, every step of the way. Hubby and I have been happily married now for 17 years. I know several people who have gotten married for the first time in their 40s or 50s. It isn't a big deal, other than usually to some people who think it is there business why that is, when it isn't.  Chris could very well be someone who was never interested in having kids, or marrying previously. As I used to tell people who couldn't understand why I wasn't married, anyone can get married if they set their standards low enough. It isn't a big accomplishment. 

I like Zach and Tori, but do not understand why they announced their pregnancy so early. Especially to Jackson. It has already been revealed on here that she lost that baby, so what do they tell a young child, that there is no longer a baby in mommy's tummy? I also don't understand why, when they already have two kids who have medical issues, they want to roll the dice with another pregnancy? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15

Tori seemed gutted to learn that Lila was going to be an LP; I think she thought "50-50 chance" meant that the second was sure to be average-sized.  She's still trying for a mini-me.  Zach just wants a soccer team.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I'm a very private person, so it's difficult for me to understand why she's sharing pregnancy tests on Instagram. She is creating a situation where her followers will constantly ask whether she's pregnant yet, and that seems exhausting and unhealthy to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
47 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

like Zach and Tori, but do not understand why they announced their pregnancy so early. Especially to Jackson. It has already been revealed on here that she lost that baby, so what do they tell a young child, that there is no longer a baby in mommy's tummy? I also don't understand why, when they already have two kids who have medical issues, they want to roll the dice with another pregnancy? 

I really think they announced so early for the benefit of the show and that was foolish.  I do wonder what Jackson was told when he asked about the baby in mommy's tummy or is he young enough that he forgot about it.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I really think they announced so early for the benefit of the show and that was foolish.  I do wonder what Jackson was told when he asked about the baby in mommy's tummy or is he young enough that he forgot about it.  

Maybe they told him the baby came out and it’s your sister?   Lol

1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lol.  When hubby and I married, he was 48 and I was 46. Neither of us had ever been married before, though he has two kids from a previous relationship. There are many reasons why someone doesn't marry, or marries later in life. Personally I never wanted kids, so never had that need to find someone to procreate with. I will admit that even in my teens and 20s I knew I wasn't interested in getting married, and/or having kids. It was an unusual stance at that time (especially for a woman - at least to admit it) and many people thought it was there business to tell me I would regret my decision. Heck, maybe they even thought there was a big fat secret somewhere. Lol. 

I've never regretted my decision not to have kids, or get married later in life. I have lived my life exactly as I have wanted, every step of the way. Hubby and I have been happily married now for 17 years. I know several people who have gotten married for the first time in their 40s or 50s. It isn't a big deal, other than usually to some people who think it is there business why that is, when it isn't.  Chris could very well be someone who was never interested in having kids, or marrying previously. As I used to tell people who couldn't understand why I wasn't married, anyone can get married if they set their standards low enough. It isn't a big accomplishment. 

I like Zach and Tori, but do not understand why they announced their pregnancy so early. Especially to Jackson. It has already been revealed on here that she lost that baby, so what do they tell a young child, that there is no longer a baby in mommy's tummy? I also don't understand why, when they already have two kids who have medical issues, they want to roll the dice with another pregnancy? 

Believe me. There are a lot of folks out there that wish they had followed your route!

Men and kids are both huge undertaking for a woman. 

I’ve advocated for changing the wedding vows and really telling women what’s expected!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe they told him the baby came out and it’s your sister?   Lol

Believe me. There are a lot of folks out there that wish they had followed your route!

Men and kids are both huge undertaking for a woman. 

I’ve advocated for changing the wedding vows and really telling women what’s expected!

Ha! I definitely know people who wish they had never had children. I think since I never have, they feel comfortable telling me. Some of my relatives would be shocked to know what I know! 

As far as men and kids being a huge undertaking for women, believe me I know a few men whose wives/significant others have been a huge undertaking. My hubby's ex, for one. He has always been more of a mother to his kids (and great dad) than she has. I always say that they should teach a course in high school about being careful about the decisions you make, especially who you decide to have children with! You could be stuck with dealing with them for many years, even after the kids are grown! 

• Love 5

JMO but you’re a private person living a private life so people making your choices their business isn’t really appropriate

Chris isn’t a private person living a private life, he decided to be on a tv show and share his relationship choices with the public so people making it “their business” is normal, keeps the show on the air and puts money in his pocket.

He said he was cheated on, he also said that he has lots of friends and family members who divorced and that’s why he never married…. Then Amy comes along and his reasons for never marrying flew out the window… he’s a public figure and people are curious.

once you decide to give up your privacy for $$$ it comes with the territory…. It’s a trade off and Chris took the money.

• Love 9

There are many reasons why someone doesn't marry, or marries later in life. Personally I never wanted kids, so never had that need to find someone to procreate with. I will admit that even in my teens and 20s I knew I wasn't interested in getting married, and/or having kids. It was an unusual stance at that time (especially for a woman - at least to admit it) and many people thought it was there business to tell me I would regret my decision. Heck, maybe they even thought there was a big fat secret somewhere. Lol. 

Bravo! Sometimes its just the best choice - I personally turned down a marriage proposal in part because I knew he really wanted kids and there were a whole lotta issues with him making that happen... and I wasn't really on board with procreating at all. 

It's sometimes a little irritating to see the "Chris is in his 50s and not married, must be some sort of secret/something must be wrong with him/whats his problem since normal people don't stay single" talk simply because it very much implies there's one choice - get married by 30 or so or else you've got something seriously wrong with you. 

I get Joan of Argh's privacy argument, I just don't agree in that while some may simply wonder why Chris is marrying Amy, it's been pointedly stated that as a man of a certain age, it's unusual that he has not yet married and then of course the "whats wrong/whats his secret". His age and not being married has always been a factor and its a little irritating because the implication is always people who aren't married by a certain age are wrong and have something wrong about themselves. 

• Love 6

There's nothing wrong with choosing the single, childless lifestyle.  Some like to remain footloose and fancy free and don't need, want, or like kids.  Some of us are just SMH as to why a middle-aged mother of four and grandmother of four, almost five, in the person of AMY inspired him to change his mind at this point.

What are the statistical chances of this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but you’re a private person living a private life so people making your choices their business isn’t really appropriate

Chris isn’t a private person living a private life, he decided to be on a tv show and share his relationship choices with the public so people making it “their business” is normal, keeps the show on the air and puts money in his pocket.

He said he was cheated on, he also said that he has lots of friends and family members who divorced and that’s why he never married…. Then Amy comes along and his reasons for never marrying flew out the window… he’s a public figure and people are curious.

once you decide to give up your privacy for $$$ it comes with the territory…. It’s a trade off and Chris took the money.

So Chris has stated why he hasn't married, because he was cheated on and has friends and family who have been divorced. But now he has decided to marry, and there must be some deep, dark or devious reason why? Or he owes the viewing public an explanation as to why he has changed his mind? Maybe to some, not to me. I think Chris and Amy make a great couple, and wish them well. 

I know many people who have married and divorced, and will never marry again. But they are in long term relationships, and live with that person. At least where I live, they are considered by law to be married and if they were to split the person they are living with has the same rights to division of property, etc. as if they had that piece of paper. But they are adamant that they will not marry again. 

I actually have more respect for Chris having never been married, than I do for people who marry multiple times and treat marriage like is has the significance of changing their socks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So Chris has stated why he hasn't married, because he was cheated on and has friends and family who have been divorced. But now he has decided to marry, and there must be some deep, dark or devious reason why?

Agreed. Frankly this seems like a really reasonable explanation. He's been cheated on, so maybe has fear of commitment, and he knows from watching other relationships that divorce can really suck. But apparently, it can't possibly be this, there MUST be a deep dark devious reason. 

4 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Or he owes the viewing public an explanation as to why he has changed his mind?

I thought he said he fell in love with Amy. We don't demand Caryn explain *exactly* why and how she loves Matt, with reasons  approved by the fanbase as she's in a public relationship, so why does Chris have to produce better than Caryn?

Agree on respecting him for waiting until he was personally ready. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I thought he said he fell in love with Amy. We don't demand Caryn explain *exactly* why and how she loves Matt, with reasons  approved by the fanbase as she's in a public relationship, so why does Chris have to produce better than Caryn?

LOL!  Okay, Caryn I demand to know why you are in a relationship with Matt?  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm glad you see my point, Lucyeth - if its unreasonable to expect Caryn to spell out why she loves Matt, then its also unreasonable to expect Chris to do the same. :)

Except that Caryn has been married and does have children and obviously loves Matt's grands (Chris doesn't seem as into it, saying it's "loud" when they come over), so her pairing up with someone who's also been married and had children doesn't seem quite as incongruous or to raise as many questions, at least here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Why does Chris's stated reason - he was cheated on and witnessed the divorces of others, strike people as incongruous? Why does it raise many questions to people? 

It seems pretty reasonable.

No he is greedy and stupid.thats a bad combo.but he will be sorry.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So Chris has stated why he hasn't married, because he was cheated on and has friends and family who have been divorced. But now he has decided to marry, and there must be some deep, dark or devious reason why? Or he owes the viewing public an explanation as to why he has changed his mind? Maybe to some, not to me. I think Chris and Amy make a great couple, and wish them well. 

I know many people who have married and divorced, and will never marry again. But they are in long term relationships, and live with that person. At least where I live, they are considered by law to be married and if they were to split the person they are living with has the same rights to division of property, etc. as if they had that piece of paper. But they are adamant that they will not marry again. 

I actually have more respect for Chris having never been married, than I do for people who marry multiple times and treat marriage like is has the significance of changing their socks. 

I never said anything about there having to be a dark, devious secret or that Chris owes anyone an explanation for changing his mind.

all I said was he’s on a tv show and he’ll get more scrutiny than if he was just Chris Marek living a private life and the more fame you have the more scrutiny you’ll receive… that’s just the way it is.

I also never said anything about people choosing to be single or choosing to divorce or live together or if one choice is more respectable than the other… consenting adults can do whatever they want.

the funny thing is Amy used to be dead set against people living together and how that’s not proper and violating gods laws and she also said that the Kardashians selling their weddings to a television network were disgusting…. So if anyone was judging other people and their choices it was Amy.

Chris and Amy both promote the show and encourage people to follow their lives knowing full well what comes with it…. They wouldn’t have a show if none of us cared or discussed their choices.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I never said anything about there having to be a dark, devious secret or that Chris owes anyone an explanation for changing his mind.

all I said was he’s on a tv show and he’ll get more scrutiny than if he was just Chris Marek living a private life and the more fame you have the more scrutiny you’ll receive… that’s just the way it is.

I also never said anything about people choosing to be single or choosing to divorce or live together or if one choice is more respectable than the other… consenting adults can do whatever they want.

the funny thing is Amy used to be dead set against people living together and how that’s not proper and violating gods laws and she also said that the Kardashians selling their weddings to a television network were disgusting…. So if anyone was judging other people and their choices it was Amy.

Chris and Amy both promote the show and encourage people to follow their lives knowing full well what comes with it…. They wouldn’t have a show if none of us cared or discussed their choices.

Lol. I never said that being married was more respectable than living together either. My point was that there are many people who are dead set against being married or married again, when, depending on where you live, the law looks at it exactly the same way. With or without that piece of paper. 

I actually don't think Amy and Chris, or any of the Roloffs, are famous at all. Maybe in Oregon, but not in the grand scheme of things. Yes, they need people to watch the show for it to stay on. I don't think people discussing them in forums like this though matters one way or the other to the success of the show. 

In any case I am happy for Amy and Chris, and think they make a lovely couple. I certainly never thought I would end up falling in love with my husband, as we were friends for many years previously. Love works in mysterious way, as the saying goes. Caryn on the other hand I think will be waiting a long time if she wants to marry Matt. I like Caryn, so hope she doesn't wait too long if marriage is something she wants. 

• Love 2

Where is being married or not married regarded as the same thing under the law?  I'm familiar with common-law marriage after cohabitating for seven years.

Caryn is the mother of grown children and old enough to be a grandmother.  I doubt if there's any urgency in her mind regarding marriage or "wasting her time" waiting for it or not.  It's not as if her biological clock were ticking or there's someone else waiting in the wings.  They both seem perfectly happy with the status quo or, if one or both wants the piece of paper, waiting until they officially move in together at the new house to make it official.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

New episode! Titled "Are You Ready For This" so you know it will be *exciting*!

We start with Chris making drinks for Amy to try for the wedding. The wedding is five months away and they are deciding on specialty drinks. They make a sex joke about afternoon delights. They mostly disagree on cocktails but they actually seem to be having fun as they sample drinks. And they are sending "Save the Date" cards. Chris thinks they have plenty of time and Amy doesn't and for a wedding... I kind of agree with Amy on this. You send invites etc early so people can plan.

Now over to Tory and Zach's and Jackson has been going to preschool. He seems to like it. Jackson needs a special low stool for school so they call Matt to get one which means a planned trip to the farm. Tory is all "this pregnancy has been easy". They attempt correct Jackson and fail. 

At the farm, Matt is potting little conifers. This leads to a small rant from Matt about how Amy can't make decisions and it holds up the farm and maybe don't invite her to have her wedding there, Matt. Caryn actually does a good thing and says "you need to communicate with her on what flowers she wants and present choices".

Now Amy is meeting Matt about the flowers. They sit in the confessional and Amy notes its weird. There's a seperate interview where Matt is asked by a producer if there has been any awkwardness and Matt is all "Not yet but the fireworks will come" - again if you don't want the hassle don't volunteer the property.  He refers to an explosion ahead. Amy is fine with the flower choices and he's all "when did you get low maintenance" He refers to her in a confessional as a possible bridezilla and continues to go on about how he's expecting problems. Matt makes the invite to see the deck and Amy reasonably says she's not just stopping by to visit Caryn without calling ahead to make sure both he and Caryn are there as she and Caryn aren't close and its Caryn's house only. Matt interviews how Amy finds it awkward but he embraces awkward and since he's engineering the whole get together, sure, he's not uncomfortable with inviting his ex wife to his lover's house. 

Zach comes by for the stool for Jackson. Apparently Jackson is very social, which is good. 

At the doublewide, they're renovating the place. Caryn apparently took over and Matt isn't happy with her plans to move his tv. He advises Caryn that Amy was ok over the flowers. Caryn finds the deck thing awkward but goes along with it. 

At Zach and Tory's, the kids are doing cute stuff with crayons. Jackson can write his name. Zach seems impressed. Tory seems to be planning to be a homemaker. Those of you who like toddlers will enjoy this. I am bored. 

At Amy and Chris's - they are going on about who is being invited and how many people and honestly, Amy, he's asking for an actual number on your side. Amy is going with a handpainted rock as a wedding favor. I think it sucks, personally. Chris wants to do his own favor. Amy says no. Chris disagrees. Honestly the rock idea is so dumb, I think Chris is trying to save her some embarrassment. 

Now at Amy's house, she's making muffins for Zach and Tory and oh god they will stop at Caryn's to see the deck because this is sooooo contrived. I have never seen a stupid plot pushed so hard. Caryn's deck is not that fascinating. 

Caryn cracks open wine for Amy and Chris. Matt notes to the camera that Caryn is anxious and like, why do you put your girlfriend in this position? Somehow Zach and Tory have bailed on the muffin delivery. Meanwhile Caryn and Matt discuss how weird it is and of course Matt sits in the confessional and notes how Amy might flip out and how if she's locked and loaded that he plans to fire at will.  Chris jokes about sneaking off to Caryn's to play poker with Caryn and like, Chris, really? She thinks Caryn had an affair with her ex, think about not poking the bear.

Caryn is drinking wine in preparation. C hris and Amy get out of the car - dramatic music plays! You'd think they were dropping on Omaha Beach not you know, two middle aged couples seeing a deck. Apparently Caryn lives very close to Tory and Zach. Yes, Caryn makes the point that Chris and Amy live together. Its mostly pretty dull talk, everyone eating cheese and crackers and drinking wine. They discuss Jackson and how he thinks he might be as tall as his mom. Amy flubs and says "when I first met Matt" and they all laugh. Apparently Matt, per Caryn, occasionally calls her Amy. Caryn seems pleased that it went well. 

FYI- if such things trigger, the promos for the next episode are about Tory's miscarriage

• Love 6
(edited)

Amy used her favorite word again tonight….Adventure!

What’s wrong with giving guests more than a rock?  I agree with Chris.  I’m trying to imagine getting a rock……🙁.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I'm slightly torn, Sunnybebe, because on the one hand, I think the hand painted rock is silly and too difficult to explain and just kind of a weird party favor thats likely to be thrown out pretty rapidly.

On the other hand, as a wedding guest, I don't have the expectation of being gifted with anything for attending (aside from drinks from the open bar and a nice catered meal) so the idea of receiving a "wedding favor" just isn't something I'd do or want. Mind you, I may just be someone missing out on the latest wedding trends. 

• Love 3

Oh my!  How special does this woman consider herself that she thinks getting a rock painted by her for wedding favor is something people would want.  I would throw it away or leave it there at the farm.  Donations to charities is nice idea, I went to a wedding where that was the favor.  Each table had a note saying that a donation was made to  charity in lieu of a wedding favor.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Oh my!  How special does this woman consider herself that she thinks getting a rock painted by her for wedding favor is something people would want.  I would throw it away or leave it there at the farm.  Donations to charities is nice idea, I went to a wedding where that was the favor.  Each table had a note saying that a donation was made to  charity in lieu of a wedding favor.

Ok, I know many will disagree but I think some that unusual pumpkin salsa or a small pie or cake with some kind of cute Chris and Amy label would be a cute idea, and make more sense than a rock. 

• Love 8

Zach and Tori are a snooze fest.  Week after week, the same crap, asking Jackson questions and getting a kick out of his answers.  Amy and her man squeezing into the same chair, LOL, what the hell is wrong with her.  Nobody was going to bite her, well maybe her man, it might be the next step after the groping and pawing.  For someone who was so uncomfortable and didn't want to be at Caryn's she sure was comfortable tucking into the wine and food.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I felt bad for Caryn in this. Matt didn't show any consideration or concern for her feelings at all. Look, for all he was bragging that he didn't find it awkward even though Amy did and was chuckling how he was ready to lock and load over any explosion (that didn't happen), he was obviously delighting in how there was a potential for drama. 

Caryn on the other hand looked and acted pretty worried and anxious about the meeting... a meeting she didn't ask for and didn't initiate. She was literally drinking wine to settle her nerves before Amy even got there. I don't expect Matt to be concerned about Amy's feelings about his little set ups for drama but he supposedly loves Caryn and gets his jollies arranging awkward confrontations for her to deal with. 

Made worse that no one was really interested in the damn deck. 

• Love 6

I saw the preview, it's a deck.  It doesn't even have a view.  It's wood covering most(?) of the backyard.

As to the painted rocks I'm sorry I know this.  Painted rocks are a current fad.  I have a neighbor who is an artist and the last few months a lot of her business is painting pictures of dead pets on rocks as a memento.  The local kids have been painting rocks and leaving them in our flower beds.  I know it seems odd and fairly useless, but there we are.  

• Useful 3
(edited)

Isn’t this the first time in a while that Matt and Amy have done their talking heads pieces together?  I was a little surprised.  It’s normally Matt alone or with Caryn.  

Did you catch what Chris said in the car about playing poker at Caryn’s?  I didn’t fully get it. Amy called it a joke. I’m not sure how funny it was.  

What is that area on Caryn’s deck in the corner?  A hot tub?  

I realize that many have a limited budget on their guests gifts, but I really liked one a friend and her fiancé gave during 2020.  It was a beach wedding….literally on the beach.  Due to covid, all but immediate family attended by Zoom!  It was great. She mailed us our gifts fed ex.  They included bracelets with their names and date on it, a cup holder, and a beach towel monogrammed with their name and wedding date on it.  I loved it!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Wait…Matt is planting seeds for flowers to bloom for the wedding??  Why?  I’m sure Amy will have a florist do her bouquet and centerpieces for the tables.  A florist can also provide some arrangements for the rest of the venue.  Between her own checkbook and TLC’s, money won’t be a problem. And God help Matt if anything goes wrong, and one wild flower wilts or they aren’t the right shade of pink Amy wants.  Why add potential aggravation to this giant farce? Amy is planning the wedding of the century to My Man.  From save the date mailers, fluffy dresses, and now a “special” drink to serve and friggin rocks as favors…Amy sure has been following all the wedding trends.  For 1st time, 20-something brides. As someone who has attended many many weddings, the wedding favors will be tossed out within a week or two of the ceremony.  No one wants those tchotchkes, so brides (and grooms) shouldn’t waste time or money on them. Guests want good food, good music, good service from the bar.  Send your guests a thank you note with a picture of the bride and groom, and maybe one of them from the reception to remember it by.  Seashell soaps, Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses in a net bag, or anything you can buy in mass at the Dollar Store (or in Amy’s case, a rock I can grab in my own backyard) won’t be taken home and treasured.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, zenme said:

I thought it was a nice gesture on Matt’s part to plant flowers that will be in bloom at the time of the wedding. 

Oh, definitely a nice thought.  I just think Amy is too much of a pill to appreciate it.  I think he’s opening himself up to additional reasons for Amy to complain.  I can imagine a field of wildflowers would make for some very pretty wedding pictures.  But Amy will manage to block them out with her aggressively close up selfies…Amy’s giant face in 70% of the frame with a little blur of My Man in the background, and even blurrier flowers behind him.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Wow! A rock...a rock 😧. Well, I guess it could have been worse, I was expecting a free copy of A Little Me 😂

I was on the phone with my oldest daughter a couple hours ago, she’s a casual fan of the show and asked me if tonight’s show was worth watching… I told her the highlights and mentioned Amy wanting painted rocks as wedding favours and she burst out laughing because she was at a wedding last month and they had painted rocks for the guests… she said most people didn’t know what they were and by the end of the night all the banquet tables had rocks laying here and there and most of the guests were gone… my daughter felt bad for the bride so she walked around gathering up the rocks.. took them home and put them in her garden. 😋

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, zenme said:

Ok, I know many will disagree but I think some that unusual pumpkin salsa or a small pie or cake with some kind of cute Chris and Amy label would be a cute idea, and make more sense than a rock. 

A rock...and a nice chunk of that delicious lemon fudge...but I repeat myself!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

A rock...and a nice chunk of that delicious lemon fudge...but I repeat myself!

I don’t know about that…people might get confused.

• LOL 6

Caryn WANTS to move their relationships forward and hopes with each meeting it will become easier and less awkward; she said as much; "each step is going in the right direction."  She loves the kids and grandkids and wants family events happy.

So Matt is not abusing her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Caryn WANTS to move their relationships forward and hopes with each meeting it will become easier and less awkward; she said as much; "each step is going in the right direction."  She loves the kids and grandkids and wants family events happy.

So Matt is not abusing her.

I think she and Chris have the right attitude. For the sake of the kids and grandkids, they need to know how to be around each other somewhat comfortably. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think she and Chris have the right attitude. For the sake of the kids and grandkids, they need to know how to be around each other somewhat comfortably. 

Exactly.  Of course with Amy and her bulldog attitude, it's going to be uncomfortable, but obviously they hope to wear her down eventually.

Bunching up in the same chair was hilarious!  I'm just thankful the usual patting and pawing and pecking didn't ensure over the snacks.

Worse than the rocks idea itself was the way Amy dismissed and ran roughshod over Chris's opinion about wedding favors.  RUN, CHRIS, RUN and don't forget to #freehenryandfelix...

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, zenme said:

The only way Amy would approve the salsa or anything else of $$$ value would be if TLC reimbursed her for the cost of the product.

She ain't spending no money on nobody else.  (Poor grammar intentional.)

Serious question - are the rocks from Roloff Farms?  And is Chris still out there gathering them?  And are Amy's artistic skills as well developed as her cooking skills?  (Can't wait to see the picture after the reception of all the painted rocks still on the tables after everyone has left.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

What word was Chris helping Amy pronounce during the show? The way she sucked the batter off her fingers in the middle of making the muffins then continued on without washing them made me sick. Just nasty. I suppose the oven heat would kill any germs?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

What word was Chris helping Amy pronounce during the show? The way she sucked the batter off her fingers in the middle of making the muffins then continued on without washing them made me sick. Just nasty. I suppose the oven heat would kill any germs?

Sometimes I think she's purposely mispronouncing words in an attempt to be cute, sort of in a childlike way, for Chris.  Playing into that "little girl" thing.  Or she's tipsy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Just nasty. I suppose the oven heat would kill any germs?

Perhaps, but then she’s touching the food after baking, fiddling with it to arrange, and rearrange.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think in the coming attractions Amy is ordering her man to wash the rocks and do it on her timetable.  What is going to be painted on these rocks?  Their names and wedding date, a picture of them, different scenes or maybe just a hodgepodge of colors.  Also, is Amy doing the painting?  If so I didn't know she was an artist and that is a lot of rocks to  paint by yourself.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 1

Sounds like Zach isn't involved in the stool business after all since he had to ask (sorry; Jackson had to ask, showing off his verbal skills) Matt for one.  And isn't that actually a bench as opposed to a stool?  Tori must've read our suspicions that both Jackson and Lila have developmental delays, hence the spelling and writing!

4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think in the coming attractions Amy is ordering her man to wash the rocks and do it on her timetable.  What is going to be painted on these rocks?  Their names and wedding date, a picture of them, different scenes or maybe just a hodgepodge of colors.  Also, is Amy doing the painting?  If so I didn't know she was an artist and that is a lot of rocks to do paint by yourself.

And what was all that about the number of guests???  Is Amy math- as well as language-challenged?  The Bickersons plan the wedding Mrs. Bickerson's way!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2