Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Shauna said:

I love the way Amy told Chris he needed to buy a card for her and actually write words in it. 

Not only that, she said several times that she bought her card for him 2 weeks prior. So what, Amy! Now it's a competition of who bought the card first? She is ridiculous. 

When Chris and Amy started dating I remember he was easy to anger and was critical of her. He told her he didn't like her moodiness. Then she tried to hide who she really was and Chris was the moody one. Times sure have changed. Chris seems to put up with all of her crap now, he's whipped. I wonder why. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, all4mom2 said:

Speaking of mangling the English language, anyone notice teacher Tori say of Jackson's behavior that they had to "nip it in the butt"?  

They all mangle pronunciation of words, misuse $5 words and couldn't get a cliche right if it bit them on the butt. It's almost like they're talking in baby talk, trying to be cute.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, stoppro said:

Chris seems to put up with all of her crap now, he's whipped. I wonder why.  -bichonblits

we know why TLC check

I remember watching one of Amy and Lisa's podcast.  Chris appeared in the background and they exchanged a few words and he left!

Amy explained he was on his way to TLC to do his stool chats.  I forget what you call them.

I think Chris has gone Hollywood.  He's given up himself for $$$$$.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't unearthed anybody to speak about Chris!

maybe get WACB on that case!  Lol

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

The whole idea behind a heartfelt message in a card is that the person wrote down how THEY feel about you, how much you mean to THEM, how much THEY love you etc..

Amy micro manages everything with her bossy ass personality…. Blech!!!…I’ll never understand what Chris sees in her other than all the extra money and financial freedom he gains by marrying her.

There's not enough money in the world for me to marry her.  She's unkempt, sloppy, sourpuss face ALL THE TIME.  Don't get me started on her cooking videos.  I don't cook, but I know enough not to over stir something.  And the brushing off ingredients from her hands INTO THE BOWL?  Disgusting.  Not washing her hands after she's touched raw chicken?  Unbelievable.  Just gross. 

But yes, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to tell me why he is marrying her.  He seems nice enough that he could find someone who maintains herself and doesn't insist upon adding skin cells to dinner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy explained he was on his way to TLC to do his stool chats.  I forget what you call them.

Stool chat is a good name, they’re all full of shit.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

But yes, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to tell me why he is marrying her.  He seems nice enough that he could find someone who maintains herself and doesn't insist upon adding skin cells to dinner.

Choices regarding marriage:

• Marry someone with whom you are compatible in the areas of hygiene, tidiness and willingness to compromise on issues.
  • Marry someone who resents your requests to keep a tidier home environment, cooks things they way THEY like, including putting in massive amounts of things you don't like, (in spite of knowing you don't like them), and has terrible personal and kitchen hygiene.  And plan on a big wedding no matter WHAT you would prefer.
  • Stay single.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Stool chat is a good name, they’re all full of shit.

yes! fame whore and stool chatter perfect. he can never go back to human again. so its skin eating,stool chatting , famewhore for TLC enjoy your new life! I almost feel sorry for him.'not really' he knew this going in.

• Love 3

Obviously anyone dating the newly separated Amy would have been forewarned that their first date and anything that followed after would be filmed and broadcast.  Maybe that explains the attraction?

• Love 3
On 7/9/2021 at 10:02 PM, AZChristian said:

One of them is a college graduate with a degree in a field (Hospitality) requiring - among other skills - the ability to communicate clearly.  

It appears that Matt does not have a college degree.

He left home at 18 and never attended any post high school formal education.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know why I think this and have said it before I do think Chris likes the money (who wouldn’t) but I think the real reason I think he stays with Amy is because he really believes she won’t ever cheat on him. I mean the man has been single for what 55-60 years I mean there’s a chance he’s never married anyone because he never found anyone but despite the Little Kitchen of Horrors, he can almost guarantee she won’t cheat, he will probably will never out-earn her so there is very little chance she’d take him to the cleaners, even if they did divorce, and he gets whatever notoriety and money the show offers him.  I’m not saying he doesn’t at least like here but those reasons that could make him find marriage an amenable idea. 
I mean we know he had at least one person cheat on him in the past, and just at his age he’s probably heard at least a couple of his friends complain about their divorce settlements. Throw in costumes and free meals at the beginning maybe you can get over banging into open drawers and cabinet doors. I’d like to see this after the TLC gravy trains, but that’s most shows I watch. Sister Wives and MBFFL participants, I’m talking to you.😒

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yet he's reportedly friendly with the ex who cheated on him, so how traumatized could he be?  Still, you make valid points!  He would probably come out ahead in a divorce, unlike most men.  This would also get rid of the "single for life" stigma and suspicion that surrounds it, assuming he cares about such things (maybe to please his old parents or something).

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 7/14/2021 at 12:30 PM, Shauna said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Matt and his pronunciation:  ValentiMes.

How dumb of Tori to announce the pregnancy so early. 

I could never have a child with someone who is a little person.  The difficulties of life from the teasing, to the medical conditions, to navigating the world.  Life is hard enough. 

YES! Let's talk about Matt and his mispronounciation of words! Punkin stands out the most and his newest one "Foo pa"...

I agree you with you about the struggles of having dwarf children. The medical issues alone are monumental let alone all the social/peer problems. Both of these kids already have physical/medical issues that will be difficult to deal with...I hope they have good health insurance. And yes, Tori should have waited until she was at least three months along before announcing. All I could think of was how much work she would have with a third at this time...Lilah is barely crawling and definitely has eye issues but is way behind in other milestones. Jackson's legs are very bowed and will need correction surgery...I can't imagine how hard that will be post op. Zach just downplays all these things and acts like it's no big deal...he's so smarmy and full of himself...so proud of himself for being so virile...eccchhh.

• Love 5

They both really seem full of themselves lately, I must say.  Whether it's getting their hands on the farm, knowing they're the future stars of the show, or just procreating, which some people do regard as the highest human achievement.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Zach just downplays all these things and acts like it's no big deal...he's so smarmy and full of himself...so proud of himself for being so virile...eccchhh.

I completely agree with you about the virility reference and his "smarmy" (as you say) smugness as he discusses this potential train wreck.

Also, has Tori shared current pix on Instagram regarding how her pregnancy is going....I don't follow her (if you know.)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Yet he's reportedly friendly with the ex who cheated on him, so how traumatized could he be?  Still, you make valid points!  He would probably come out ahead in a divorce, unlike most men.  This would also get rid of the "single for life" stigma and suspicion that surrounds it, assuming he cares about such things (maybe to please his old parents or something).

This is just be playing armchair psychologist (I think that’s the right term).  I think he would only decide to get married if he could make certain guarantees to himself... meaning he didn’t ask the lady to marry him because she cheated.  I guess that’s an equal chance he has a fetish for garlic and paprika lol and that won him over 😂

Edited by Irate Panda
Eta: He might actually just like Amy because he thinks she’s great. I don’t see it but maybe she’s drastically different off camera or maybe Chris has a lot of faults we don’t see on the show.
  • Useful 2

nah is not complicated. he is famewhore. he has never been married so he is in the shit. if he had been married before he would have run like hell from this.He thinks it's worth it. it's not.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Some call them Confessionals, others call them Talking Heads or TH's and still others call them Interviews. Either way, I prefer "stool chats"!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, stoppro said:

nah is not complicated. he is famewhore. he has never been married so he is in the shit. if he had been married before he would have run like hell from this.He thinks it's worth it. it's not.

Oh, I do think money is a factor, it’s just I think there’s other reasons he picked this broad to marry.  I do wonder if Amy gave him some kind of ultimatum that wasn’t shown.  I think Chris wouldn’t have minded if they stay engaged/serious relationship, but I don’t see Amy shacking up forever.  I do wonder what would have happened if Chris didn’t propose when he didn’t and barring any interference from good old Lisa.  Would Amy have broke it off, kept things status quote, or shacked up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

She would have lost face.  So maybe he just proposed for the show, and maybe they're just getting "married" for the show.  She owns the house alone, she's keeping her name, where did all of his furniture go, etc.?  Some internet sleuth will have to do a vital records search after August 28...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I do wonder what would have happened if Chris didn’t propose when he didn’t and barring any interference from good old Lisa.  Would Amy have broke it off, kept things status quote, or shacked up.

My belief is that the entire story line is guided by what the producers believe is going to pull in the most viewers and continue the $$$ rolling in for all concerned.  The "marriage" concept has a LOT of juicy material for the producers to milk to the hilt so I'm sure all parties agreed to that theme (not that they wouldn't have gotten married anyway....it might have been done on a different timetable or in a different way...we'll never know).  What we DO know is that Chris is apparently enjoying his "15 minutes of fame" enormously and seems to have taken to filming like a "fish to water."  

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

where did all of his furniture go, etc.?

Maybe she got rid of it like Yara on 90 day fiancé did with Jovi's, she didn't want something that might have had nasty stripper ass on it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

So maybe he just proposed for the show, and maybe they're just getting "married" for the show.  She owns the house alone, she's keeping her name, where did all of his furniture go, etc.?

We actually don't see much of the four bedroom home so who knows? He also might not be furniture heavy. I doubt the 'they're doing a fake marriage' for a variety of reasons not the least of which is that its way too convoluted for anyone to bother (similar to the "Matt and Caryn have *secretly* already married" silliness) but if he's not *really* getting married to Amy, why would he sell his house? If he's not planning to have a lasting relationship with Amy. why not rent the house? 

• Love 1

Again, this is the hottest real estate market in decades.  This is the time to sell.  He can always buy another when the bubble bursts.  Presumably he wasn't as emotionally attached to his as Amy was to hers!  And shack up with Amy rent-free (plus a paycheck and three meals a day) in the meantime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have yet to see any logical reason to doubt that Chris and Amy are planning to marry for real. Sorry. The money isn't that good, and I don't think TLC is that persuasive.  Nor do I think ANY of the show participants can keep a secret and I actually think Jer and Auj are holier than thou to the point that they wouldn't let Ember participate in a farce. (it would also hurt their brand to condone it)

Sorry. I know people despise Amy and this is all part of that, but this whole little conspiracy is because Amy used air quotes and even though she's constantly reviled for poor grammar, she was absolutely using them correctly this one time and therefore dropping the secret onto the public... yeah, sorry, not enough. To me? They're getting married because they want to. No need to have a fake wedding, not in this day and age. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

He left home at 18 and never attended any post high school formal education.

There are two kinds of smart!  Book smart and Street Smart. 

Matt’s Street smart. Amy’s neither!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Hummm thinking about Chris. He’s nice looking and seemed to be fairly pleasant until he and Amy engaged in their back and forth. 

I can’t believe he never married??

There’s a big fat secret somewhere!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Hummm thinking about Chris. He’s nice looking and seemed to be fairly pleasant until he and Amy engaged in their back and forth. 

I can’t believe he never married??

We need a tell-all by Henry 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree that there is more to Chris' "story" than is presented on the show because to think that he met and decided to marry Amy out of the blue after a lifetime of other opportunities with prospective mates didn't work out, just stretches my credulity.  Just my opinion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I have yet to see any logical reason to doubt that Chris and Amy are planning to marry for real. Sorry. The money isn't that good, and I don't think TLC is that persuasive.  Nor do I think ANY of the show participants can keep a secret and I actually think Jer and Auj are holier than thou to the point that they wouldn't let Ember participate in a farce. (it would also hurt their brand to condone it)

Sorry. I know people despise Amy and this is all part of that, but this whole little conspiracy is because Amy used air quotes and even though she's constantly reviled for poor grammar, she was absolutely using them correctly this one time and therefore dropping the secret onto the public... yeah, sorry, not enough. To me? They're getting married because they want to. No need to have a fake wedding, not in this day and age. 

I am not an Amy fan or a Matt fan, but I believe Amy and Chris will get married.  People marry (and divorce) for many different reasons.

Matt and Caryn, I'm not so sure.  I think Matt likes his freedom and control over the farm and money.  And I wouldn't be surprised if they just cohabitate.  And that's okay  by me but probably not Caryn lol.

Wedding and relationships aside, it has been interesting to watch them change over the last 15 years.  We we've seen the triumphs and disappointments.  We watch them dream big and sometimes fail.  They get to make money for sharing their lives with us and we get to snark. It seems like a reasonable arrangement to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

Matt and Caryn, I'm not so sure.  I think Matt likes his freedom and control over the farm and money.  And I wouldn't be surprised if they just cohabitate.  And that's okay  by me but probably not Caryn lol.

Thats actually the issue I see with them - Caryn really does seem to want to be married while Matt is fine with shacking up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought they'd been discussing marriage?  Of course they're going to wait until after Amy's "wedding" and probably until the house is built.  If Caryn is insisting on it and Matt's balking, I doubt they'd be proceeding with a house they've said they plan to occupy together.  And then there's always the conspiracy theory... I think Matt loves Caryn, and it's coming! 

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought they'd been discussing marriage?  Of course they're going to wait until after Amy's "wedding" and probably until the house is built.

They've been "discussing" marriage for several years now but no commitment yet. Not even a "yes we'll get married sometime in the future".

20 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

If Caryn is insisting on it and Matt's balking, I doubt they'd be proceeding with a house they've said they plan to occupy together. 

I really really doubt Matt would stop building his "dreamhouse". He's literally been whining about it since the show began. And for all that they are "building it together", Caryn's made it pretty clear that it's all Matt's planning. Oh, he's said there will be his and her closets so that means he wants Caryn to move in... my argument there is that his and hers closets are pretty standard in master bedrooms and have been for at least 30 years so he's not including some extra special Caryn unique feature. 

I certainly think it could happen but I also suspect Matt's perfectly content to have Caryn come over, do stuff for him, and then go home. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

I am not an Amy fan or a Matt fan, but I believe Amy and Chris will get married.  People marry (and divorce) for many different reasons.

Wedding and relationships aside, it has been interesting to watch them change over the last 15 years.  We we've seen the triumphs and disappointments.  We watch them dream big and sometimes fail.  They get to make money for sharing their lives with us and we get to snark. It seems like a reasonable arrangement to me. 

Matt won't marry Caryn unless she signs a huge pre-nup. 

2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought they'd been discussing marriage?  Of course they're going to wait until after Amy's "wedding" and probably until the house is built.  If Caryn is insisting on it and Matt's balking, I doubt they'd be proceeding with a house they've said they plan to occupy together.  And then there's always the conspiracy theory... I think Matt loves Caryn, and it's coming! 

He'll want to protect his assets so she better not scoff at a big pre-nup or else she'll be single.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Matt won't marry Caryn unless she signs a huge pre-nup. 

He'll want to protect his assets so she better not scoff at a big pre-nup or else she'll be single.

I agree… I don’t think Matt will ever go through another situation where he has to split the assets with another wife and I don’t blame him.

I’m still not sure that it’s a great idea for Amy to marry and I hope she has a prenup that protects her goose egg… at her age she needs financial security and as much as everything is all romance and love right now people can change and marriages fall apart all the time.

I think the only way that Matt will marry Caryn is if he has her sign a huge pre-nup

• Love 7

I think both Matt and Amy should have their potential spouses sign prenups before marrying.  They have a lot to protect and I am sure they want their children to benefit from that when they are gone.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree… I don’t think Matt will ever go through another situation where he has to split the assets with another wife and I don’t blame him.

And I suspect she'll be fine with signing a prenup. 

Hope Chris was/is and that's not why he cheaped out on VD!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Can somebody explain to me why Tori and Zach kept their coats on at both Amy’s and Matt’s for the big Valentine’s Day baby announcement? Was it a two minute visit?

Just long enough to record the moment for social med- oops, I mean posterity!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Can somebody explain to me why Tori and Zach kept their coats on at both Amy’s and Matt’s for the big Valentine’s Day baby announcement? Was it a two minute visit?

I think so, just get it filmed and bye bye

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

They probably had to be on their way to Tori's parents house next...dragging that same canvas announcement with them!

I think this was just for the show.

• Love 2