Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

I thought the housewarming was great, except for the puppy knocking the kids down. Lol I wonder if the compliments on the chopped up, multi levels are just polite comments. But, they'll have to deal with it. I don't get it.

I JUST KNEW that Chris would grow interest in the farm. He's dying to drive a tractor and seems eager to do some tours! It confirms my prediction that Chris would be an asset to the farm. He and Matt are very cordial. 

• Love 3

Somehow I feel like a lot of this plot about the farm is contrived. I don't believe for a second Amy is even considering a buyout and I also don't believe that Matt would ever willingly sell and move himself. It's all starting to seem a little fake to me, or at least like both of them are screwing with each other by talking about doing things they don't want to do.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, missnoa said:

Somehow I feel like a lot of this plot about the farm is contrived. I don't believe for a second Amy is even considering a buyout and I also don't believe that Matt would ever willingly sell and move himself. It's all starting to seem a little fake to me, or at least like both of them are screwing with each other by talking about doing things they don't want to do.

I can't understand why Amy would want to build on the other side of the property unless it will be totally configured to have its own entrance, exit etc.

Otherwise she'll be running into Matt and Caryn for the rest of her life.

I wish she'd just ignore the whole Caryn thing, otherwise it kinda comes off as still being jealous over Matt or something.

She has Chris now, move on..... I'm sure it feeds Matt's ego and I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

Plus if Matt is the monster everyone says....  Caryn did her a favor.  😂

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can't understand why Amy would want to build on the other side of the property unless it will be totally configured to have its own entrance, exit etc.

Otherwise she'll be running into Matt and Caryn for the rest of her life.

I wish she'd just ignore the whole Caryn thing, otherwise it kinda comes off as still being jealous over Matt or something.

She has Chris now, move on..... I'm sure it feeds Matt's ego and I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

Plus if Matt is the monster everyone says....  Caryn did her a favor.  😂

Amy was very polite to Caryn.  She tasted the dish that Caryn brought to the party, and told her it was delicious.  She was certainly a lot nicer than I would be.  A lot nicer.  In fact, I would have fired Caryn years ago.

• Love 17

Amy is so jealous of Caryn (sp?) it’s not funny!!  That is why she is so indecisive with Matt, she is still completely pissed at whatever took place.  I wasn’t watching during that “affair” and seriously can’t imagine anyone wanting Matt anyway, seems laughable.  Amy continues to rant about getting along etc, she is the one with the bruise about it still, get over it and move on with Chris.  Speaking of Chris, could she possibly look at him more adoringly or laugh any harder at his jokes?  She is so obvious she wants him to ask her to move in or get married or something!  That is why she is so indecisive wanting Chris to make that decision for her.  This is becoming the Chris show with him in so much of the show and talking heads too.  Enough already.

Love love love that Jackson face and when he smiles it gets me every time.  The house makes no sense and to get rid of the pool makes no sense either, fence it in for safety, the kids will love it soon!  They need to learn to swim so why not at home.  

Matt oversells how great Caryn is, makes me suspicious.  

• Love 11

I think Zach & Tori’s new house is nice and the layout is interesting, but will probably end up being a pain in the ass in the long run. All the hard stairs with kids would freak me out too much, personally. 

And I can’t imagine the work and $$$ that will be involved in ripping out the pool and creating a new set-up. 

• Love 5

I see what you mean about Zach and Tori planning to rip out the pool.  I know there is liability, but,  I think that I would keep it protected and not use it until I had settled in the house a while.  I suspect it's not going to be the place they really wanted. It may go back on the market before too long.   They make some odd decisions, imo.  Of course, maybe, since it's an above ground pool, it's in poor shape and not worth repairing.   

I wish Zach would actually get some guidance on dog training.  It doesn't appear that he even googled for some tips.

• Love 3

I doubt very much whether Amy will make up her mind about the farm this year, so we have that to look forward to again next season too I guess? I wonder if Zack and Tori are getting any genetic counseling at all? The family has millions I think, so it's not like they can't afford it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, missnoa said:

Somehow I feel like a lot of this plot about the farm is contrived. I don't believe for a second Amy is even considering a buyout and I also don't believe that Matt would ever willingly sell and move himself. It's all starting to seem a little fake to me

Aren't they still living there in the same houses almost a year later?  Yeah, manufactured drama. 

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, sATL said:

I missed the eposide . how/why did Amy go from Detroit , Michigan to Portland, Oregon ?

For someone to be soooo "I want family"... she seems to have bolted clear across the US.  She left parents, cousins, siblings, etc. Where did she go to college ?  Was it a job that took her that far away? 

In one word: Matt.

I don't recall exactly how they met (I think through some Little People organization).  Matt was living in California.  He took a liking to Amy, they corresponded/called each other (pre-internet), and she says they only had a few in-person dates before they decided to get married.  I'm sure the dating pool was a lot smaller in the pre-internet days for LP's, and she had been fairly fresh off of her story about being denied work because of her height.  Matt had a good job and seemed stable, and she jumped in, and with hindsight, she admits it all went too quickly.  They were living in San Francisco after getting married, IIRC.

Not long after they got married, Matt found the farm (which wasn't the wonderland it is today), bought it, and uprooted Amy, who I think was pregnant with the twins (but I could be wrong on that).  And that's how she got there.

She went to college in Michigan.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I already know Matt is a gaping asshole, but that Caryn is a real piece of work, herself.  I probably pay about 80% attention to this show while it’s on, so I catch most of it.  I’ve noticed that Caryn is working overtime this season to paint a picture of Amy as if she’s this unpredictable, tumultuous, dramatic person who can’t control herself.  In every other talking head, Caryn expresses concern that Amy will be able to “get along” with her.  She all but bats her eyelashes when she says these things.  Cut to the social event and all I see are adults being cordial with one another and enjoying the party.  Meanwhile, Caryn acts like Amy is going to roar up to the house on the back of Chris’s motorcycle and bust a beer bottle over her head in front of the grandkids.  It’s really obnoxious.  I don’t think Amy is exactly America’s sweetheart, but her husband left her for the very woman who is shoved in her face at every turn.  I think she’s allowed to not be thrilled about it.

Newsflash, Caryn: Get over your adulterous self, you and your cheating boyfriend.

Am I the only one who would pay an exorbitant pay-per-view price to see that motorcycle scene?  😎

Seriously though, I am boarding the Caryn can STFU train as we speak.  Manufactured drama, made to make Amy look bad for not wanting to be around the person that Matt was having an affair with.  I think Amy even made some veiled comment this last episode regarding “after everything that has happened,” or something to that effect, for those who don’t think there were any shenanigans between Matt and Caryn while he and Amy were still married.  Amy is never going to spell things out for the audience, but she came close in this episode. 

I’m going to have to agree that in the long run, Caryn did Amy a favor by taking on Matt.  But the whole family had to go through a lot of heart ache in the process.  Amy and Chris are more suited to each other, whatever ends up happening with them.  And I suppose that Caryn and Matt are happy now too.  Personally, I don’t see the attraction to Matt, and I’m not saying that because of his stature or disability.  If he had the sort of personality, trustworthyness and thoughtfulness that compensated for those things it would mean some challenges to a relationship, but not anything that would preclude it from being fulfilling and happy.  To paraphrase something my uncle used to say as a joke, I guarantee that to Caryn, Matt is Prince Charming when he stands on his wallet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I don't recall exactly how they met (I think through some Little People organization).  Matt was living in California.  He took a liking to Amy, they corresponded/called each other (pre-internet), and she says they only had a few in-person dates before they decided to get married.

I thought they met at an LP convention.

11 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I think Amy even made some veiled comment this last episode regarding “after everything that has happened,” or something to that effect, for those who don’t think there were any shenanigans between Matt and Caryn while he and Amy were still married.

She has NO shame!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, sATL said:

I missed the eposide . how/why did Amy go from Detroit , Michigan to Portland, Oregon ?

For someone to be soooo "I want family"... she seems to have bolted clear across the US.  She left parents, cousins, siblings, etc. Where did she go to college ?  Was it a job that took her that far away? 

She married Matt...he lived in California at the time of their marriage. 

13 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Did Matt really just snark on Amy and her “ornery side” in regard to how Amy acts around Caryn?!?  Really?  Matt (and Caryn) are bewildered and confuzzled as to why Amy might have a hard time looking Caryn in the eye, or why Amy may not embrace having to share space with her during family events.  Again...really, you dumb cheating egotistical perpetual victim who screws the employee man baby?  You don’t get why Amy may not want to be chummy with the woman you slept with while you were married?  Does he expect Amy to call Caryn to go out to a “Sip &Paint Nite” with her other girlfriends?

I had hopes for Zach, but these last few episodes have shown me Zach is as impulsive as his dimwit father.  Never mind he gets a puppy (that will grow into a very large, energetic dog capable of knocking him down or dragging Jackson across the yard) in the midst of moving, or the purchase of a new house before selling the other one, or spending a boatload of money to redo the new house while paying mortgage and utilities on the old place, or he bought a house that he, (a dwarf & father of a dwarf with known osteo/mobility/ balance issues) hopes to “retire” in, but it has eleventy hundred stairs in it.  NOW he announces they want to get rid of the in-ground pool because it’s too much for him to keep up with!  They probably paid a higher price for that new house because of the pool!  And Zach didn’t think about the time and effort and physicality of maintaining a pool before making on offer on that Swiss Family Robinson tree house? He is a very bad, horrible, no good, terrible decision maker.

I thought Tori was the one that insisted they get a dog & she wanted one like Sully. As far as the house, who in their right mind would want something that even an average size healthy person would have a hard time navigating all the time.....& hasn't it been shown that Zach has back problems already. I haven't watched a lot this season but from what I've seen Tori is not the happy wifey she seemed to be last year. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I see what you mean about Zach and Tori planning to rip out the pool.  I know there is liability, but,  I think that I would keep it protected and not use it until I had settled in the house a while.  I suspect it's not going to be the place they really wanted. It may go back on the market before too long.   They make some odd decisions, imo.  Of course, maybe, since it's an above ground pool, it's in poor shape and not worth repairing.   

I wish Zach would actually get some guidance on dog training.  It doesn't appear that he even googled for some tips.

So...Zach and Tori put their house on the market and buy another house at the same time. Zach thinks it should sell immediately and get the asking price. Meanwhile it doesn't sell and now they have two mortgages. The house they buy is a fixer upper and has a pool that takes up most of the backyard...now they finally get an offer on their other house but Zach counter offers after speaking to Chris but doesn't listen to Chris and asks for more than Chris told him too. Odd decisions? It's worse that odd...Zach is an idiot but fashions himself as this great negotiator, great business dealer, great party planner and now a great dog trainer. Zach used to be quiet, a little shy and easy going. He's changed or morphed into a younger version of Matt. Now he's bombastic, bossy and entitled. As a dog lover and owner of many dogs over the years it is painful to watch Zach manhandle and snap at that beautiful, jolly and sweet puppy. He knows NOTHING about training a dog...why not take Murphy to a training class and get professional help? That won't happen because Zach is a lazy man child. Snapping your fingers and sternly commanding a puppy without any kind of affection is just wrong. Zach...Murphy is a puppy! Not a an adult dog...Tori seems to not care too much about Zach's "training" methods which seems strange to me since she lobbied hard for a dog for some time now. These two nudniks don't have a clue about anything. It's hard to watch them. While I'm at it...put some clothes on the baby. Every time he's on camera, he's missing pants or a shirt or sometimes both. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, kicksave said:

They did.

Thanks for confirming.  I can't imagine in the 80's that there was much of any other way to meet a lot of LP's.  Amy said there were none where she grew up.  There were probably a few at college (I looked it up - she went to Central Michigan, which is a decent sized school), but it was likely harder to meet up back then.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Amy is so jealous of Caryn (sp?) it’s not funny!!  That is why she is so indecisive with Matt, she is still completely pissed at whatever took place.  I wasn’t watching during that “affair” and seriously can’t imagine anyone wanting Matt anyway, seems laughable.  Amy continues to rant about getting along etc, she is the one with the bruise about it still, get over it and move on with Chris.  Speaking of Chris, could she possibly look at him more adoringly or laugh any harder at his jokes?  She is so obvious she wants him to ask her to move in or get married or something!  That is why she is so indecisive wanting Chris to make that decision for her.  This is becoming the Chris show with him in so much of the show and talking heads too.  Enough already.

Love love love that Jackson face and when he smiles it gets me every time.  The house makes no sense and to get rid of the pool makes no sense either, fence it in for safety, the kids will love it soon!  They need to learn to swim so why not at home.  

Matt oversells how great Caryn is, makes me suspicious.  

Amy is being asked questions by TLC in these one on ones. I think she gets emotional about answering them and tries to be gracious but I don't blame her for being angry about how Matt betrayed her. And with the hired help no less. It's still raw and hurts...I get it. She has moved on but some things can still hurt. She's not jealous of Caryn...she just doesn't respect her or like her...I don't either. As for Chris, Amy is in love...Chris respects her and cares about her. I think Amy was starved for love when she met him...she never really had that with Matt. Matt wanted a family and had a plan for the future that was centered around HIS vision. There wasn't any real love there between them. It was just kids and the farm that they had in common. 

As for the pool...sure...it would be great for them in a few years but Zach is lazy and doesn't want to clean it and take care of it. I still don't understand why they would buy a house with a pool when clearly Zach does not want it. But I gave up understanding his decision making process a while ago.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Honey said:

The house is very large, so the upkeep is just too much for her.  Also, it's on the part of the farm with all of the structures that Matt built, so those have to be maintained as well.  That's why the DW is attractive to her, and I think that she would build a much smaller house if she built one.

Yea I think it's more so all the stuff that's on that lot. She'd probably live with the house if that stuff wasn't there but all that stuff PLUS a giant house to upkeep is probably seeming a bit overwhelming.  

I don't get why Matt wants a buy out when he said he would probably sell it anyways.  Or unless he plans to screw her over on the price and then sell the whole thing for a huge amount of money.  But if the farm goes then I think it's safe to say probably quite a few people lose their jobs. They need to start charging for the pumpkin patch.  Around here you can't even go to one without paying to get in the front gates. But then maybe the additional activities don't cost money.... actually not sure how that works since i've never been to one.  And it looks like the Roloff's charge per activity once inside.

13 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I had hopes for Zach, but these last few episodes have shown me Zach is as impulsive as his dimwit father.  Never mind he gets a puppy (that will grow into a very large, energetic dog capable of knocking him down or dragging Jackson across the yard) in the midst of moving, 

There is no way Zach had any say in getting that puppy. I like Tori but I'm sure she wore him down until he said ok or she went and bought it and said "surprise! we have to go pick up a puppy on [date]"

I think there's a lot of people who find a house and say "oh wow, a pool! that would be nice!" and then afterwards realize it takes a lot of work.  Also they said before that every house they looked at got bought super quick so I have a feeling they bought this house in a bit of desperation of wanting out of their other one as fast as possible in fairly decent market. So they probably bought it not really thinking about all the stairs. Just that it was huge, had a lot of growing space, and added bonus that it had a pool - which now they don't know.

I would love a pool when I move... I hope I have the motivation to keep up with it. 

• Love 2

I cannot believe that house.  Not very smart of them to get a house with so many stairs and a dog that will be huge when you have two possibly  three in the future little people living there.  Zach already has some physical issues.  Again when Amy got there Jackson was outside with no shirt on and Tori runs around outside without shoes, not very smart especially for Jackson, sun exposure and bug bites can occur.  I don't think Zach is smart at all and I don't get the impression Tori makes the best decisions either.  Chris and Matt seem very cordial and I don't think Amy likes it.  Who knows what exchanges Caryn and Amy may have had while not filming.  They will always be uncomfortable with each other.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

He knows NOTHING about training a dog...why not take Murphy to a training class and get professional help?

Why are you talking sense?  Sense has no part in this family.

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

when Amy got there Jackson was outside with no shirt on and Tori runs around outside without shoes, not very smart especially for Jackson, sun exposure and bug bites can occur

For years now our children wear sun block clothing, especially in the pool.

A pool guy who comes  to maintain the pool is not that expensive. They could use the money that would have been used to destroy the pool on installing a stair chair or elevator if this is to be their forever home.  Eyes to the future, guys! 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Am I the only one who would pay an exorbitant pay-per-view price to see that motorcycle scene?  😎

To paraphrase something my uncle used to say as a joke, I guarantee that to Caryn, Matt is Prince Charming when he stands on his wallet.

I have to admit, I cracked myself up writing that!  Also, I love your uncle's quote.  The more I see of Caryn, the more clearly I see her for who she really is- and what she's really after.  To her credit, Amy is conducting herself in a more classy way than I'd probably be able to pull off, given the circumstances.  If I were Amy and the two of them tried to pressure me into giving up that farmhouse, I'd tell them both to stick it up their pumpkin-loving asses.  

• Love 10

Christ on a cracker!  We have in in-ground pool and it's not really that much work.  Opening it up for the Summer and closing it in the Fall takes the most work.  Other than that, keeping it clean and adding chemicals take really no time at all.  The enjoyment that we and the dogs get out of it is worth much more work than we put into it.  They should make sure it's safe and live with it for a couple of Summers before making a decision.

I was waiting for Matt to fall backwards down the stairs, and take out Caryn on the way down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What does Zach do all day?  I wonder if he still works that part time sports job?  Tori is home so he would not have to take care of Jackson all day so why does he have no time to get anything around the house done?

Remember at his old house how the garage was full of junk piled everywhere?  How did he not have the time to organize that?  Yes, he is little but what about a little effort every day until done?  I cannot cut him any slack as he seems very lazy to me.  Oh, I'm sorry, he is VERY busy training the dog. Lol!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Does anyone else remember when Chris and Amy were beginning to date and Chris admitted that he had been previously living with a woman for many years (maybe eight or nine years) but had never been married?  Although Chris and Amy have been seeing each other for almost three years, maybe this time frame is not long enough for him to even consider a long-term commitment with Amy.  The fact that several women have cheated on him in the past is more of an indication that he chose the wrong people rather than a reason to avoid marriage.  My brother has been divorced three times and several of my cousins had multiple marriages, but these family matters did not negatively influence my decision to marry my husband.  Is Chris just set in his ways and the type of person who only shares so much of himself with his partner and is emotionally withdrawn? Amy mentioned several times how difficult it was for him to be spontaneous with affection and to talk about their relationship.   

• Useful 1

To me, when a person really wants to commit, they do.  All that stuff about a man being afraid, noncommittal, etc., is just an excuse, imo.  When they really want it, they go after it.  

• Love 9

I still cant believe Zach and Tori bought that house and if they think their present house was hard to sell wait until they try to sell the monstrosity with a million stairs.

If I was looking for a house and the realtor told me he had one with 5 different levels and stairs everywhere I'd tell him no thanks and keep looking.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I still cant believe Zach and Tori bought that house and if they think their present house was hard to sell wait until they try to sell the monstrosity with a million stairs.

If I was looking for a house and the realtor told me he had one with 5 different levels and stairs everywhere I'd tell him no thanks and keep looking.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing that even for free, a lot of people would turn it down! lol 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

To me, when a person really wants to commit, they do.  All that stuff about a man being afraid, noncommittal, etc., is just an excuse, imo.  When they really want it, they go after it.  

If he likes it then he should put a ring on it!

• LOL 3

I'm still honestly questioning the decision to get that dog and the decision to pick that particular house.

First, the house is just not a good house for anyone who has mobility issues. And Zach has them now and will likely have them worse later. He's for sure gonna have to have more surgeries at the very least, and getting up and down all those stairs during recovery is going to be a nightmare. And Jackson will likely have at least some of those same issues. Even with a non-LP kid, I don't think that house was a good choice for a family where they're going to have kids learning to walk and stumbling around. And now there's already one aspect of it that's too much for Zach. Add on all the money they dropped into it to change what they wanted and the money wasted on a second set of bills because they didn't sell the first house quickly, they're very lucky they have that TLC money. (Sidenote, I can't believe that he tried to 'counter offer' after all their issues getting even a single offer and if I was Tori I'd be mad that my thoughts weren't even taken into consideration because it was 'Zach's investment.')

As for Murphy - I think he was a replacement for Sully for sure, but that dog is going to be taller than AND outweigh 1/2 the family for its whole life. And Zach has already shown he can't train him. Tori came into Zach's life with Sully, there's not much you can do there, but choosing to bring an animal that large into a house with two people who can get hurt if they don't have control of him...I hope they are heavily invested in obedience training or there is gonna be trouble later in my opinion. And it was a very bad time to get a puppy, when you're moving into a new house, but I imagine Tori decided she couldn't wait any longer. But he really is cute at least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree. And to add on to that not every person actually wants to commit to a marriage or marriage like relationship. I can believe Chris is perfectly content to never get married. (It’s just not socially acceptable to say that in a lot of circles- even for men.)

I don’t think that he’s “making it up” regarding being cheated on and being hurt (he’s human, of course that hurt) but that’s not why he isn’t interested in getting married. He just doesn’t want to!

• Love 4

How many men out there would give a second look to a middle-aged dwarf like Amy that Chris is afraid she might cheat on him? I don't think there are many men just drooling over her little fat body. Yes, there are many beautiful little women out there, but Amy just isn't one of them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

How many men out there would give a second look to a middle-aged dwarf like Amy that Chris is afraid she might cheat on him? I don't think there are many men just drooling over her little fat body. Yes, there are many beautiful little women out there, but Amy just isn't one of them.

For heterosexual women sex is always an option. There’s always a man who will take free vagina. Sex with someone you want- not necessarily, but sex with someone is an option. Ability or inclination to cheat has very little to do with conventional attractiveness- even for middle aged women. 

When women complain there are no men, they aren’t talking about for no strings attached partnered sex, unless there literally are no men (as in it’s a women’s only space or there are very few healthy men in their age group). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. And to add on to that not every person actually wants to commit to a marriage or marriage like relationship. I can believe Chris is perfectly content to never get married. (It’s just not socially acceptable to say that in a lot of circles- even for men.)

I don’t think that he’s “making it up” regarding being cheated on and being hurt (he’s human, of course that hurt) but that’s not why he isn’t interested in getting married. He just doesn’t want to!

I find it odd that people assume that because Chris has not asked Amy to marry him. that he isn't going to. They have only been going out for a couple of years. It isn't like they have to hurry to get married to start a family. (And BTW I know several people who rushed into marriage to the wrong person because starting a family was more important than finding the right person). 

I was 46 when I married my husband, he was 48. Neither of us had been married before. We were together for 6 years before we got engaged and got married a year later. We did not live together until we were engaged. And we had been friends for 14 years before we started going out, so it isn't like we were getting to know each other. Not everyone is in a hurry to get married! 

My brother in law's best friend lived with a woman for many years, but they never married. They broke up, and he started a new relationship. In July he is getting married for the first time. He is 65. Never say never. 

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

Speaking of which - has Amy gone through a wardrobe, hair and makeup make over since the divorce? Nothing wrong with going to store and purchasing self-improvement items . She seems to have "her sexy " in her given she felt very comfortable shopping for swimsuits.

One big point that will keep some men away is sad to say, Amy comes with baggage that gets in the way of a new relationship . She is legally free  but not emotionally and financially free. I admire Chris for being soooo patient/supportive - which does make me side-eye him a little.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

Yes, there are many beautiful little women out there, but Amy just isn't one of them.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

or

po-TAE-to  po-TAH-to

6 hours ago, MissTeacher13 said:

Is Chris just a super shy person or does anyone else get a weird vibe? I just feel that he isn’t being genuine . 

agree on the "weird vibe"... which is why I am side-eyeing him for a moment... 

• Love 3

Zach appears to know nothing about training dogs.  Berners are great dogs and very smart, and I do think it greatly benefits a child to grow up with a dog, but Zach really isn't training Murphy.  That dog would benefit greatly from a few visits from a professional trainer, or at the very least take him to a class at PetSmart or the like.  It's not the dog's fault that his human doesn't know what he's doing, but it's the dog who will suffer because of it.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MissTeacher13 said:

Is Chris just a super shy person or does anyone else get a weird vibe? I just feel that he isn’t being genuine . 

I get a weird vibe.  Very weird.  I also don't think he's genuine.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, artisto said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

or

po-TAE-to  po-TAH-to

I'm not so sure.  I think different types are in the eye of the beholder:  some people like blondes, other brunettes, etc but actual beauty or attractiveness is a very definite, easy to define thing.   For example, Halley Berry is beautiful.  A crazy person but beautiful; no denying it.  

Amy is not attractive.  She just isn't.  She's not a troll or  hideous but she's just not attractive.  I think that's a fact.  and maybe that's why he likes her.  he probably feels no competition for her.

• Love 3

I think that often pet owners don't really take the potential risks into account when they select their dog.  Especially, when children are involved.  After the kid is hurt, they feel bad, but, it's too late.  And, it's not even the dog's fault, because, it's due to improper training and/or lack of supervision.  I hope they don't suffer that way. 

And, from what I've seen, the dog owner really does need to be directly involved in dog training, because, it's the dog owner who is going to be reinforcing the behaviors and guidelines every single day, not the hired trainer. Who knows, maybe, we will eventually see a visit from the Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan!  He rehabilitates dogs and trains people. lol  I would sort of like to see that. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I find it odd that people assume that because Chris has not asked Amy to marry him. that he isn't going to. They have only been going out for a couple of years. It isn't like they have to hurry to get married to start a family. (And BTW I know several people who rushed into marriage to the wrong person because starting a family was more important than finding the right person). 

I was 46 when I married my husband, he was 48. Neither of us had been married before. We were together for 6 years before we got engaged and got married a year later. We did not live together until we were engaged. And we had been friends for 14 years before we started going out, so it isn't like we were getting to know each other. Not everyone is in a hurry to get married! 

My brother in law's best friend lived with a woman for many years, but they never married. They broke up, and he started a new relationship. In July he is getting married for the first time. He is 65. Never say never. 

I don’t assume that because Chris has never asked Amy to marry him, just that statistically if someone hasn’t married by their mid 40s it’s likely because they don’t want to be married.

Of course there are 7 billion people in this world, and human beings are free to make their own choices- there will always be exceptions to social trends (like you and your brother). And people are free to change their mind (duh), but people are not so quick to point out that not everyone wants to be married. It’s assumed a heteronormative lifestyle is the goal. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, stitcher73 said:

I'm not so sure.  I think different types are in the eye of the beholder:  some people like blondes, other brunettes, etc but actual beauty or attractiveness is a very definite, easy to define thing.   For example, Halley Berry is beautiful.  A crazy person but beautiful; no denying it.  

Amy is not attractive.  She just isn't.  She's not a troll or  hideous but she's just not attractive.  I think that's a fact.  and maybe that's why he likes her.  he probably feels no competition for her.

I'm sorry, but I just don't agree that Amy's not attractive.  

• Love 12