Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

This whole last episode so far feels like one big script.  It's like SW beating the dead horse of the cat fisher for years.  The farm is LPBW's equivalent and we'll get years of farm agony if the show continues.  I particularly enjoyed the shot of Matt's painted cabinets right after he bellyached about Amy's audacity/stupidity of painting the cabinets.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6

I will give Caryn one teeny bit of agreement - I wouldn't want to be consistently cooking on a counter that was too low for me either.  I'm very short (5'1"), so it might not be so bad for me, but someone taller would likely have a tough time.  Bathroom sinks aren't nearly as hard to deal with if they're lower.

I think some of this (possibly producer driven) drama has to do with both Matt and Amy coming to the realization that no kids will be taking the farm over, and trying to figure out where to go from here.  Amy no longer has to worry about whether the kids want the farm or not, so she's free to move to another area and build - which I thought was a fair compromise.  I think Matt always figured Amy would never leave the big house, or Jerk and Oddj would move in, and now that he's faced with having to deal with the big house, he's panicking.

They should do some property division of some sort, both should build new, and turn the big house in to a B&B with Amy managing it, or similar.  But that will never happen.

• Love 4

I like the idea of them maintaining ownership, but, converting it to a more profitable business and turning over management to some professionals, but, it was pointed out somewhere upthread,  that Zoning might not allow it.  IDK.  If the deeds don't restrict it, does the county?  Even if no upscale B&B or retreat is possible, I would think that an organic farm would be feasible.  Maybe, they'll explore that in a future episode. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
57 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

@Caracoa1, I think that goes to how the selling of the farm has been a long term show plot but that we really don't get an accurate picture  of what's going on. Jeremy and Auj paid a lot of lip service to taking over the farm but I think that was mostly for the cameras - they can't buy either parent out and I strongly think Jeremy is similar to Amy in how he treats the property - its just there, its not a business. 

The reality is that they either split the properties - thats what the surveying was about, or they sell it. The selling won't even begin to happen until the show is canceled for good. 

An aside - apparently the property Matt bought last November where he was posting videos of himself clearing the trees? It's been sold and all that ever got done was the clearing of the brush. I'd love to know the details of that scatter brained project. 

There was one house that he bought, renovated and sold for a nice profit. I can't recall if they showed photos of it on the show, but, they were posted online.  (Maybe over on Media thread.)

I thought divorce talk for Matt and Amy was just that for years. I never thought that it would actually happen, but, then it did.  I suspect that the farm transition will too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Not sure of zoning either - couldnt they just both agree to sell the big house along with 2-3 acres and then split the rest of the acreage between Matt and Amy - that way Amy then could build a house on the far end of the other side ? Dont they have like 100 acres total ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Not sure of zoning either - couldnt they just both agree to sell the big house along with 2-3 acres and then split the rest of the acreage between Matt and Amy - that way Amy then could build a house on the far end of the other side ? Dont they have like 100 acres total ?

To me, they really need a team of experts to figure out the best courses.  Because, part of the value of the property is that it is so large. Like Zach said, you can't buy a large tract like that anymore.  So, if this is the most unique thing about it, then, I'd figure the best way to capitalize on that.  OR, if it makes sense to divide it.  A developer may want all that acreage for a large project.  Is that allowed? Like a retirement community.  

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Two mortgages, remodel on new house, two utility bills, expenses for moving, plus all the other monthly expenses like their health insurance and food. As far as I can see the only income they have is the TLC money...Tori quit working and whatever Zach makes as a soccer coach would only be enough to feed their puppy. Neither of them seem to have a clue about managing their finances...or whatever remains of their finances.

I don't buy their "we have no money" whining.  This show has been on the air since 2006.   Did their parents not take any of that TLC money and invest it in their kid's futures...like a Trust for when the kids got older?? I think this is all storyline driven. 

TLC is probably grooming Zach and Tori for their own show.     This never ending talk between Matt and Amy about what to do with the farm is boring...cancel them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They are constantly hanging all over each other in their confessionals. I don't see any other couples doing this on this or any other show. 

I don't get the Chris love. The guy was pissed because Amy forgot to leave a key under the mat? Does he have a cell phone? Does she? Why didn't he just call her and tell her he arrived at the house and there was no key? She would have come running back to the house I'm sure. But instead he had to sulk about it until she adequately groveled and apologized to his liking. She apologized at least 3 times. I don't like the way he handled that situation at all. After being in the relationship for over 2 yrs, she is still walking on eggshells with him. It's a one way relationship. 

I am not a Chris fan, he has control issues, everything has to go right or else he is ticked and petulant...and he has never been married.  

I only watch so I can catch my Jackson!!  He is so damned cute, just adore watching him and Murphy.  I think Zach and Tori bicker a bit but in a healthy way and have a great marriage.  Come on with baby #2!  

I think the blame is equal between Matt and Amy over the farm or anything else for that matter.  They are like oil and water and just don’t mix.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Swiss said:

I don't buy their "we have no money" whining.  This show has been on the air since 2006.   Did their parents not take any of that TLC money and invest it in their kid's futures...like a Trust for when the kids got older?? I think this is all storyline driven. 

TLC is probably grooming Zach and Tori for their own show.     This never ending talk between Matt and Amy about what to do with the farm is boring...cancel them.

I mentioned on their own thread that they made over $100,000 profit on their house sale, yet there are articles all over the place claiming they "took a loss".  The only loss they took was on their asking price - nothing more.  I'm sure money was tight for a bit, but they were able to pay off their original mortgage, and have plenty left over to cover the cost of reno on their new place, and maybe a bit more.  I like Zach and Tori, but this house related drama is over the top.  It all turned out just fine.

• Love 6

It’s funny that Matt doesn’ Want the “big” house since he’s the one who kept making it bigger and bigger. It was a nice sized family home after the first renovation, but that wasn’t enough for Matt. He had to go bigger and bigger. That is a LOT of house for one person (or two) to live in and care for. 

I think we all know what Karen $ee$ in Matt...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

It’s funny that Matt doesn’ Want the “big” house since he’s the one who kept making it bigger and bigger. It was a nice sized family home after the first renovation, but that wasn’t enough for Matt. He had to go bigger and bigger. That is a LOT of house for one person (or two) to live in and care for. 

I think we all know what Karen $ee$ in Matt...

I think it's more Caryn who doesn't want the big house, and as much as it pains me, I can't blame her.  It's too big for two people, it's the house he and Amy lived in from very early on in their marriage, and it's completely overhauled for LP's.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

I could be wrong but didn't Amy insist on getting the big house? Now she wants Matt's side. Why?

I don't recall all the details.  I do know that Matt has been whining for a long time now that "IT'S NOT FAAAIIIRRRR" that Amy gets the big house and he is forced to live in the doublewide, which he considers sub-standard in quality (but yet he insisted on bringing it to the property in the first place - Amy said no).  So now that Amy has had time to evaluate it, and decides that perhaps she'd be happier in something she could build from scratch on a piece of the property that wouldn't require a lot of upkeep, now Matt is changing his stance.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Honey said:

loved how Chris said that he knew the kayaking was the main activity planned for the trip, and he didn't want to do anything to ruin that.  I know a lot of men who would have sulked and pouted and basically ruined it for everyone.  Chris is very reasonable, how nice to see someone who acts like a grown-up

I agree with what you say about Chris.   He seems like a good catch!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

I could be wrong but didn't Amy insist on getting the big house? Now she wants Matt's side. Why?

She said that now that she's completed her transition from newly divorced wife and mother,  she has a different focus, new desires, is ready to let go of those old memories in that house, etc. But, who knows.  I like some things about Amy,. but, honestly, I think she does some things just to tick off Matt. 

Or, who knows. Maybe, it's fodder for the show.  More than likely, she realizes how much maintenance there is on the large house.  I've addressed this issue with my parents., but, there is so much to cover like heat/air units, roof, siding, gutters, plumbing, water lines, sewage tanks, pool upkeep and repair, and the list is endless.  I can imagine it would be a lot to manage for just one person living there. 

It would have been ideal if some of the kids and their children could have moved in with her.  Don't laugh.  When I was little, we lived under one roof with 4 generations at two different times. For us, it worked great.  I received so much from living with my great grandparents and grandparents.   It doesn't work for everyone, but, for those who can, it's such a blessing.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not so sure that the show needs the FARM to stay afloat.  I think there is enough witchiness in that family to supply a reality show for seasons to come! lol   

Agree.  No reason the show couldn't spin off like Counting On did from 19 kids and counting. There comes a time when the adults become a little dull to watch. New puppy, baby , DIY house project keeps life moving along.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She said that now that she's completed her transition from newly divorced wife and mother,  she has a different focus, new desires, is ready to let go of those old memories in that house, etc. But, who knows.  I like some things about Amy,. but, honestly, I think she does some things just to tick off Matt. 

Or, who knows. Maybe, it's fodder for the show.  More than likely, she realizes how much maintenance there is on the large house.  I've addressed this issue with my parents., but, there is so much to cover like heat/air units, roof, siding, gutters, plumbing, water lines, sewage tanks, pool upkeep and repair, and the list is endless.  I can imagine it would be a lot to manage for just one person living there. 

It would have been ideal if some of the kids and their children could have moved in with her.  Don't laugh.  When I was little, we lived under one roof with 4 generations at two different times. For us, it worked great.  I received so much from living with my great grandparents and grandparents.   It doesn't work for everyone, but, for those who can, it's such a blessing.  

I thought Jacob and his girlfriend/finance moved in with Amy?

I have mixed feelings about some of the play attractions being around for the next generation...that old Western town and that tree house looked unsafe.. like one good windstorm would turn the place into 2x4s. And not every subsequent generation wants to play with the prior generation's toys.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

I say give it to her. Let her learn to deal and live with the decision she wanted. I don't care for the turning on a dime.  She acts like the house is the only place she can relive the memories of raising the kids.

Plus she does like to entertain and have a large kitchen. There was an episode a while back when she went house hunting at existing subdivision homes. She kept saying everything was too small.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And, he has to comment on her TWO piece swimsuit and stomach......too icky for me. 

And touched her stomach. Ewww. Then he said he would like to see her in a one peice. Was that a dis at how Amy looked in the two peice? 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, sATL said:

Agree.  No reason the show couldn't spin off like Counting On did from 19 kids and counting. There comes a time when the adults become a little dull to watch. New puppy, baby , DIY house project keeps life moving along.

Zach and Tori are the only kids willing to be filmed. They can't carry a show. Zach needs to think about getting himself a real job, this gravy train isn't going to last much longer. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Zach and Tori are the only kids willing to be filmed. They can't carry a show. 

The others may come back if they are the stars. It will be interesting to see Molly s world in another city. And there's always friends - a buddy of zach from the LP convention, etc.

Kate +8 reincarnated after divorce. Maybe a divorce need to to happen with the current production staff, if they think the only point of view of this show is a pumpkin and attractions farm.

Edited by sATL

We've descended already to Amy and Chris and/or friends on trips and Caryn cooking bacon to Matt's exacting standard.  If Zach can make buying and selling houses and the anniversary not very remarkable, I think without the farm, they're about done.  

• Love 5

Not exactly.  They own the property 50/50 and need to agree on how to split it if they decide to split it.  I really don't believe that they are doing the actual negotiations about the property on TV.  That would send any family law practitioner into hysterics.  

Rather than agree to sell the property and split the profits in their divorce, they hold the property in a corporation that they each have a 50% ownership in.  Basically to get the divorce finalized, they deferred actually dealing with a full and final property settlement.  They probably thought the end of the farm would be the end of the show or simply weren't ready to sell the farm at that time or couldn't reach an agreement, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, Honey said:

So he doesn't jump up and down every time he sees her, that doesn't mean that he isn't just as much in love as she is.  Some people are just quieter about it.

That's why I said, maybe he isn't the type to wear his heart on his sleeve,.

I've also said maybe he isn't as comfortable displaying a lot of emotion on tv and maybe is more open and displays tons of emotion when it's just family and friends.

11 hours ago, B in Lee said:

It seems to me that the editors have been the captains of "Team Amy", showing Matt off as being the biggest asshole of all time. His impulsive spending, his fun-killing attitude during family vacations, his disregard for anyone's feelings or opinions - it seems every episode over the years was carefully crafted to show these aspects of Matt, and who knows what fell to the cutting room floor?

That being said, Amy sure has changed her tune concerning the big farm house. She clung fiercely to her castle during the divorce, claiming that "this is where all my memories are!" and "Here is where I raised my four wonderful children (only one is little)". Now, the paint is peeling, some shingles are coming loose, she's listening to her realtor friend and realizing that that big house is going to be Big Work in upkeep. All of a sudden, the empty fields and the double-wide are looking pretty attractive.  What about all those memories, Ames?

Actually, I'm getting a kick out of the kids' attitude: Okay, Mom. Dad. Whatever. You guys figure it out. Keep your drama over there, please.

I wish I could like this 100x. I seem to be in the minority here as well because although I do think Matt can at times be all of the bad things mentioned - I also think he can be a good guy who loves his kids and grandkids. For as much as it’s said that Amy acted a certain way because of Matt - the same can be said for how he acted.  I too was watching some older episodes and she was adamant about not leaving “her” house and how dare he even suggest it. And he is right - her indecisiveness is what is dragging it along she’s so sure that he’s up to something - maybe he is - but I bet anything if Chris told her let’s get married, sell the house and move to even another State - she would do it in a second. 

And I looking back at the earlier seasons I never thought I’d be here now saying how great Zack turned out - I think (besides Jackson) he’s my favorite

• Love 3

Ratings this week:  1.530 M viewers and a .26 rating.  17th cable show of the day.

ETA:  For comparison 7 Little Johnston's had 1.170 M viewers and a .23 rating and was the 23rd cable show of the day.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I don’t get it: Amy can just say she’s changed her mind and now wants Matt’s home? And she can get it? Was this part of their divorce? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

But this is exactly what Matt wanted her to do and was expecting. He changed his mind after the divorce and spent a LOT of time telling us all how unfairly he was treated and also spent a lot of time trying to get Amy to agree to renegotiate so that he could have the big house. He made out like Amy was a vicious monster shrew, forcing him to live in the double wide that *just wasn't built for him!*. He repeatedly mentioned how he was in constant pain because he was forced to live in the DW and the big house would relieve his agony but meany pants Amy  was forcing him to stay to where he couldn't make any decision at all except to be in miserable pain because he wasn't in the big house that was especially designed just for his needs. 

He was openly advocating that they switch houses two seasons ago and Amy was declared a selfish bitch witch for not granting the little prick his every desire. 

Now she's offering it and now he's pleased as fucking punch with the double wide. Well, folks, I better never hear that prick EVER say he wants the big house again. I'm holding him to the same standard Amy is held to. Matt said he was happy with the DW - He SAID IT AND IT IS SO and if he ever changes his mind, he's an asshole liar. 

Matt said he was happy living in the double wide when he was offered the switch. Problem solved, don't you think?

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Samiam11 said:

I wish I could like this 100x. I seem to be in the minority here as well because although I do think Matt can at times be all of the bad things mentioned - I also think he can be a good guy who loves his kids and grandkids. For as much as it’s said that Amy acted a certain way because of Matt - the same can be said for how he acted.  I too was watching some older episodes and she was adamant about not leaving “her” house and how dare he even suggest it. And he is right - her indecisiveness is what is dragging it along she’s so sure that he’s up to something - maybe he is - but I bet anything if Chris told her let’s get married, sell the house and move to even another State - she would do it in a second. 

And I looking back at the earlier seasons I never thought I’d be here now saying how great Zack turned out - I think (besides Jackson) he’s my favorite

I love Jackson, what a cutie pie.

For the most part I like Tori and Zach, they bicker but it doesn't get mean spirited.

I agree if Chris proposed and wanted to move to the moon Amy would pack her shit and be gone in a flash, to hell with the farm and memories.

I mainly watch for Jackson and the puppy ❤

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I liiked Tori and Zach but this season they seem entitled (Tory especially).  She quit her job and is now too busy to care for a baby and a puppy and leaves Zach to handle money management.  In the meantime, Zach has sleepness nights because Tori insists on spending money they don't have.  I still can't get over how she insisted on adopting Murphy even though they were in financial distress and in the process of selling the house (why bring a dog into a house being sold is ridiculous.  Tori's becoming quite the diva lately, in my opinion.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

I still can't get over how she insisted on adopting Murphy even though they were in financial distress and in the process of selling the house (why bring a dog into a house being sold is ridiculous.

Just remember... they're on a reality tv show that is long running. They are not in financial distress. I think the two or three months where the old house and new house were both needing to be paid for was difficult but Zach and Tory were NEVER in any financial trouble. I'm defining financial trouble as bill collectors calling.

And while I wouldn't have bought a purebred puppy while moving, it isn't as though they are blowing coin on Fabergé eggs.. Consider this also - they make about 15k per episode. Last season, there were 11 episodes so their income last year (when this was filmed) was pretty decent and they don't live *that* extravagantly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I like Zach and Tori, and am thrilled that they now have Murphy, both for Jackson and for me as a viewer. What a cutie!

What I don't understand is why their realtor didn't insist that they clean out that garage! It just screams "This house has no storage, and this is what your garage will look like too". All that junk, had they insisted on keeping it, could have been tossed into a storage unit. In addition, I can't believe that at least one of them didn't realize how a garage looking like a home where junk goes to die, would look. 

I had to laugh at Matt complaining about Amy painting her cabinets white, when he painted his a horrendous yellow and orange combo. How did Amy stay married to this bozo for as long as she did? She really should thank Caryn for taking him off her hands. 

• Love 7

I have to agree about the white cabinets though. I had lovely Shaker cabinets in the kitchen of my previous house and I see on Zillow they painted them white, badly. I am sure I told my husband how they ruined them! My current kitchen has white cabinets and I’m not a fan, although I have seen white kitchens I like. 

21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There was one house that he bought, renovated and sold for a nice profit. I can't recall if they showed photos of it on the show, but, they were posted online.  (Maybe over on Media thread.)

That was the "flip" house, and he presented it as making a profit but if you dig at the facts, he broke even. For a flip to be profitable, you have to flip it very quickly, otherwise your profit is eaten up by the carrying costs of the mortgage. Matt held onto that house for a year. So paying the mortgage on it for a year, and the remodeling costs means that while he sold it for more than he bought it, he wasn't making a lot off of it. 

But no, that's not the property. Remember the videos of Matt clearing a big piece of property of trees. 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/04/matt-roloff-leaving-farm-sells-property-arizona-girlfriend-getaway/

Basically he bought this in Nov 2018, told people he was going to build a house, cleared the trees off it and nothing else, and now there's a sale pending for the land for a smidge more than what he bought it for, with again, months of carrying costs. That's the story I'm interested in - a big old brag on his plans and then months later, a quiet lil sale with no likely profit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Just remember... they're on a reality tv show that is long running. They are not in financial distress. I think the two or three months where the old house and new house were both needing to be paid for was difficult but Zach and Tory were NEVER in any financial trouble. I'm defining financial trouble as bill collectors calling.

And while I wouldn't have bought a purebred puppy while moving, it isn't as though they are blowing coin on Fabergé eggs.. Consider this also - they make about 15k per episode. Last season, there were 11 episodes so their income last year (when this was filmed) was pretty decent and they don't live *that* extravagantly. 

Agreed.  "Financial distress" was 100% show drama.  There was none.  They made a tidy profit on their house, despite many websites saying they "took a loss".  Reducing your asking price is NOT "taking a loss".

• Love 3
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

And touched her stomach. Ewww. Then he said he would like to see her in a one peice. Was that a dis at how Amy looked in the two peice? 

No he said he had ONLY seen her in two-piece.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, he did and then said he would like to see her in a one piece. I could have misheard because Chris mumbles. 

I agree - it was very mumbly so I could have missed that too

2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think Chris said he has only seen her in a one piece, but he was mumbling and trying to sound playful and sexy🙄

Chris being sexy with Amy. I don't even have the imagination for that. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

I liiked Tori and Zach but this season they seem entitled (Tory especially).  She quit her job and is now too busy to care for a baby and a puppy and leaves Zach to handle money management.  In the meantime, Zach has sleepness nights because Tori insists on spending money they don't have.  I still can't get over how she insisted on adopting Murphy even though they were in financial distress and in the process of selling the house (why bring a dog into a house being sold is ridiculous.  Tori's becoming quite the diva lately, in my opinion.

Is Murphy considered a high demand breed ?

Meaning - lets say Tori sought out a breeder who knew when Murphy would be ready to go to its new home. Which follows Tori had a set timeframe to get him , otherwise the breeder would call the next person on the waiting list. Zach and Tori hoped to be in their new home quickly but it didn't turn out that way, so in comes Murphy sooner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I think any puppy is high maintenance/high demand. They have to be trained if you want a good dog that is a pleasure to have as part of your family. They have to learn not to chew anything except their toys, not to destroy furniture, not to jump all over people, not to poop and pee in the house and how to walk on a leash which Murphy clearly doesn't know how to do and from the looks of it Zach didn't have patience to teach him. Not sure about Murphy/s breed but it may be one that needs a lot of exercise even after puppyhood. Who's going to tend to that? 

I agree they should have waited to bring the puppy in to the family. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Meaning - lets say Tori sought out a breeder who knew when Murphy would be ready to go to its new home. Which follows Tori had a set timeframe to get him , otherwise the breeder would call the next person on the waiting list. Zach and Tori hoped to be in their new home quickly but it didn't turn out that way, so in comes Murphy sooner.

I don't know if they'd just call the next person, because I think most breeders take a deposit way before the pup is ready to go.  I think they had it all planned & all the financial talk is scripted, which I find annoying TBH.

That pup is adorable. I really hope he has a long healthy life given what's been said about this breed prone to cancer. He also seems quite calm for a puppy, unless they're just not showing us any hyper moments.

• Love 2

I thought Amy looked nice in both styles of suits but she was absolutely cute as could be in the first one-piece she tried on at the store, not sure if she purchased it or not... it really flattered her figure.

I didn't think Chris was all that bad about being locked out, he sucked it up and asked to sip her beer and smiled and he was pleasant during the kayaking.... I think TLC tried to make more of it than it actually was.

I actually didn't mind the hot tub scene, hubby and I often sit with my back against him if we hot tub in the evening so we can look at the stars and point things out from the same angle.

It's not like they were getting all hot and bothered...  just enjoying relaxing together.

I liked it when Chris said something about being part of the family one day.

The puppy and Jackson were adorable as usual ❤️❤️

• Love 8

Zach should be stressed...when the show ends, Tori will have to go back to work...I'm not being mean but Zach does not have the education or work experience to find a job that will be pay enough to support their current lifestyle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I love Jackson and Murphy together!  Jackson is getting around now and Murphy seems to be big and strong enough to take the action.  Those two might just carry this season!

I wonder if the sold home was overpriced with Zack thinking since it was a tv house they could get more!  It's also a hot housing market for sellers so they were probably wise to test the market!  It was a nice profit they made on that small home!

Does anybody happen to know how Audrey and Jer are doing with their book?  I remember them wanting the house and to live on the farm.  They would need some big bucks for that!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think any puppy is high maintenance/high demand. They have to be trained if you want a good dog that is a pleasure to have as part of your family

I think what the OP meant was whether or not that the breed is in high demand. A high demand breed means that puppies are difficult to get so people will sometimes even pay for priveledge of first pick of a litter and if you're wanting a particular breed, you can even end up on a waiting list because responsible breeders don't breed their dogs constantly. My mom, pet lover that she was, paid for second pick of litter from a breeder's specific mating because she really liked the adult dogs in question. If a breed is in high demand the puppies might be sold before they are even born. Tory may have been in the position of "get this puppy from this litter now or wait a year or two for the next litter". 

• Love 3
On 4/24/2019 at 4:48 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Everything that Matt cares about is on Amy's current side.  The Pumpkin business, the western town, all of those things.  The only thing on Matt's current side are farm fields, the DW and the "wedding" barn, so it totally makes sense to me that they should switch sides.  There would be a lot less upkeep for Amy if they switched sides, but Matt has always loved doing that, and he could do it now, unfettered.

He hounded her, and hounded her make a decision and when she finally expresses a solution that might work for her, he told her that she was being selfish.  It's not possible to make Matt Roloff happy unless you do exactly as he wants.  I don't blame her for delaying a decision for so long, after 29 years with him, she knew what would happen when she finally told him what she wanted.

• Love 15