Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, sATL said:

Have we seen these friends before? I didn't watch the earlier seasons. I would think Amy's true friends would be like her in some way.... kids grown or close to it, some divorced, some married long time, some with active careers, some finding another career, some dating, etc.... Yes - all can cut loose when the opportunity knocks, but sounds like this group is the heavy-party type..

I give Chris props for hanging in there with Amy.. He might not be ready to settle down (or settle down with her) .. walking around land and talking about building another house that overlooks the mountains, might be putting a "rush on him" that he isn't ready for. I almost wish he would have said something like - "say what now? you want do what ?"...  

I hope she's not trying to please Chris - Amy should know better - what did she tell her daughter during her teen years about trying to please a man ? And hopefully Amy knows that she can't change him.

The blonde she was with when they were bathing suit shopping is Lisa. She has been friends with Amy for awhile. Lisa helped Amy with her foundation work and events related to it. She’s divorced as well as the other blonde with the wavy hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I wondered what took Amy so long to show Chris around the whole farm and get his professional opinion on the worth of the property.  I am sure he offered that off camera.   Girls weekend was ridiculous, grown women acting like stupid teenagers.  Even Amy seemed embarrassed.  Glad Lucy was okay and it was not serious.  I felt very bad for Zach when he said he has lived with people pointing at him and laughing.  I hope little Jackson is spared that behavior.  Next week should be interesting as we get a look at an annoyed Chris.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid Jackson will have to endure some hardships. He will need to have all the love and support of his family to get through it. Bullying is just a fact  of life these days...☹️

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Matt's assholery was really out there in this episode. Wow; Amy wouldn't even be able to pick out siding - chuckle, chuckle. What a dick.

And Amy gave him credit for managing all those projects well. That was generous of her since he seems to have issues in that area; guess that was what Caryn was for... among other things.

What Tori said about Jackson walking before non-dwarf babies do was not accurate; he's not advanced. First steps average 9-12 months, walking well usually by 13-14; he's starting at an average time. Of course it's great he's doing well, though.

I'm tired of hearing them bemoan their financials when they most likely have a nice paycheck coming in from being on an established, successful reality show.  I don't think their situation is the same as typical people who have FT day jobs.

I was impressed with Zach's empathy when he said Jackson having difficulties will be hard on Tori; he seems like a good husband & father.

Why the hell are Jer & Auj still in the show opening after they left?  They definitely weren't booted off, because someone is helping them sell that stupid book of theirs.

Glad Lucy is okay; she dodged a bullet. (Right, Matt?? 🤨)

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Good Lord. And the dark haired friend forgot to put her dress on and wore her slip out to drinks with the dorks. Seriously, Amy? You don't know what the "Mile High Club" is? Lies. I had so much second-hand embarrassment watching them.

I could barely stand to watch the dorkfest disguised as the lamest girls night ever!

I get the feeling that none of them have ever been on a girls night out before, I've been on plenty in my time and we didn't sit around telling stupid dirty jokes or dancing in a group like idiots... We did the girl dancing as teenagers not once we were old enough to be housewives let alone grandmothers.

I'm sorry but Amy and her friends looked like damned fools... I was so embarrassed. 😫

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I wondered what took Amy so long to show Chris around the whole farm and get his professional opinion on the worth of the property.

Concern about how the kids would react. Concerns that Matt would accuse her of hijinks. Concerns that fans would lash out at Chris for being a scheming piece of shit hell bent on stealing the property. 

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Matt's assholery was really out there in this episode. Wow; Amy wouldn't even be able to pick out siding - chuckle, chuckle. What a dick.

Oh but Matt is the soft spoken victim who never so much as says one word about Amy, poor widdle tortured Matt who is always the victim. 

Matt's massive turn around was hilarious. Folks, she *offered him the house that he says he wants*, she offered to switch properties and now what's the problem? He's been bitching for years for her to get out, she throws out a reasonable suggestion that should appeal to him and NOW she's going off track and he's publically bitching yet again? 

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Glad Lucy is okay; she dodged a bullet

I'm absolutely certain there was never anything wrong with that dog. 

• Love 5

There was no fraud diagnosis. There was nothing wrong with the dog. I mean, I just rewatched it to be sure - yup, nothing wrong with Lucy. 

I don't think a vet would participate in a fraud diagnosis but I do think a vet would accept the free advertising from a reality show to run a likely expensive test on a healthy pet for a show story line.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

There was no fraud diagnosis. There was nothing wrong with the dog. I mean, I just rewatched it to be sure - yup, nothing wrong with Lucy. 

I don't think a vet would participate in a fraud diagnosis but I do think a vet would accept the free advertising from a reality show to run a likely expensive test on a healthy pet for a show story line.

I agree this is what happened. And it would work well for the vet because Matt claimed there was something wrong so took her in for testing to, supposedly, find out. The vet never made a diagnosis on camera except to say that Lucy was fine, which was probably always the case.

The story also conveniently made for a bit of drama that wasn't farm related. It's shitty to put the dog through that though, since she was so scared. (There was probably no shot given though).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

I hope Amy doesn't give in and sell Matt her portion of the farm either.  I don't see why they just can't sit down, look at the entire plot of land and divy it out so it's two nice farms. It's so freaking huge that has to be easy enough to do. 

I'm also curious as to how they bought all that land and for how much because they farm has to be worth a freaking fortune. I don't think they would be able to sell it as one farm even if they wanted to. Well maybe they could... I guess my grandma had about 75-80 acres I think when she passed (not including the land that the house is on, that was sold long ago) and a corporation eventually bought it. But none of the surrounding farmers could afford it, but they got first dibs. 

• Love 1

Amy's plan seemed like a good solution to me. Matt's true stripes definitely came out since after hearing it he did such a 180- all of a sudden the DW is just fine, yeah okay Matt- then was dissing her in his TH.

And what does he care if Amy "can't" build a house? She can just as well as he could as I'm sure she'd have good support. But my point is if she has trouble or even if it doesn't turn out great, it would be on her land & not his damn business or problem. His comments were just pure nastiness.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Concern about how the kids would react. Concerns that Matt would accuse her of hijinks. Concerns that fans would lash out at Chris for being a scheming piece of shit hell bent on stealing the property. 

We will never really know unless someone speaks to Amy directly.

8 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I hope Amy doesn't give in and sell Matt her portion of the farm either.  I don't see why they just can't sit down, look at the entire plot of land and divy it out so it's two nice farms. It's so freaking huge that has to be easy enough to do. 

What goes unspoken because this is a rather light tv show is that there's some zoning laws in the area that prevent the properties from being split up and turned into multiple plots. Because the current farm was originally two separate properties - the original farm of 34 acres and the newer wedding barn/horrid doublewide property of 70+ acres - those properties are already established so one person could get one property, and the other property would fall to the other person, but they can't mix and match, so to speak. Therefore the property split would essentially be unfair - someone is getting a lot more acreage.

1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

We will never really know unless someone speaks to Amy directly.

Then why ask the question? I'm sorry, I thought you were interested in possible theories. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree this is what happened. And it would work well for the vet because Matt claimed there was something wrong so took her in for testing to, supposedly, find out. The vet never made a diagnosis on camera except to say that Lucy was fine, which was probably always the case.

The story also conveniently made for a bit of drama that wasn't farm related. It's shitty to put the dog through that though, since she was so scared. (There was probably no shot given though).

Well, there was a scene of the monitor showing skips in the heartbeat of the dog.  Then, after the medicine was administered, it wasn't.  So, in that respect, I suppose the vet could have rigged up the machine to lie, so he could medicate the dog and have it appear normal.  It's possible, but, I can't see a vet doing that kind of thing.  lol Plus, the vet confirmed that there was concern at the previous visit with the skipping heart beat.  Of course, maybe, it was  fake vet, fake vet office, fake vet tech, and maybe, Lucy is actually a robot dog and not even real.....I mean, it is possible. lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

What goes unspoken because this is a rather light tv show is that there's some zoning laws in the area that prevent the properties from being split up and turned into multiple plots. Because the current farm was originally two separate properties - the original farm of 34 acres and the newer wedding barn/horrid doublewide property of 70+ acres - those properties are already established so one person could get one property, and the other property would fall to the other person, but they can't mix and match, so to speak. Therefore the property split would essentially be unfair - someone is getting a lot more acreage.

ahhhhh I see - thank you! That makes total sense. Also makes sense as to why Matt is having a hissy fit about that if Amy is showing interest in the larger portion of the farm. 

I was just thinking about how my friend and her husband bought a sizable piece of property a few years ago and then they eventually sold off a portion of the land that had the house, then they kept the other portion and built a brand new house on it. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Amy's plan seemed like a good solution to me. Matt's true stripes definitely came out since after hearing it he did such a 180- all of a sudden the DW is just fine, yeah okay Matt- then was dissing her in his TH.

I don't think it's ideal but it could certainly work. Yes though, that rapid 180 on Matt's part was hilarious. But then I've always thought that Matt just wants that entire property all to himself with most of the financial profit in his account. That's why he wanted to build a house on the DW property - he was trying to screw Amy into agreeing to pay for his house when the property sold. Then he wants the big house so he spends literal years whining on camera how unfair it is and how Amy needs to decide to leave so he can have it. But then, when offered the option of *Amy* building a house on the DW property, look at how suddenly thats not such a lovely deal for Matt to be behind.

Matt publically attacking Amy as too stupid to build a house is yet another example of Matt running his mouth off bitching about his ex in public. I assume Amy is supposed to smile and nod "Yes Matt, I'm too stupid to build a house" - I mean, do we all at least agree Matt wasn't being a perfect polite gentleman praising his ex in that talking head? 

Or did Amy yet again earn Matt's public "she's so stupid, hee hee hee"? Because she's the bad ex-wife who deserves it?

6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, there was a scene of the monitor showing skips in the heartbeat of the dog.  Then, after the medicine was administered, it wasn't.

I think it was pointed out we never saw the medicine administered. Also, let me be honest - maybe the dog's heartbeat skips occasionally. It's not actually a big deal unless the dog is also exhibiting other symptoms.

4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It's absurd IMO to think the vet visit was staged.  If the dog had been Amy's Felix I doubt there would be claims of fakery.

I don't think the vet visit was staged in the sense that it wasn't a real vet doing a real exam. I just don't think there was anything wrong with the dog. And the diagnosis of "Nope, nothing wrong" seems to bear that out. 

Matt's always had a strong dose of fakery around his pets. I so remember him howling on the porch with Rocky because he loved that dog so... that dog that rarely went to the vet, the dog he wanted to shoot in the head, the dog that got locked in a room for three days and visibly lost weight and Matt found that pretty funny. I think Lucy is a cute prop to him and he knows how to manipulate people who love pets so he turns on the "OMG I love my little dog" stuff when the cameras are on. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It's absurd IMO to think the vet visit was staged.  If the dog had been Amy's Felix I doubt there would be claims of fakery.

To me, it just seems like people think it was "overblown/overstated", not completely fake (and people who assert that are just being snarky, and alluding to Matt's prior comments about shooting Rocky.  I'm from farm country, and know plenty of people who shot old dogs (including my late grandfather, although there was one old dog he just couldn't bring himself to do it, so he had a neighbor do it), so I didn't bat an eye when that happened, but lots of people have.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time a medical issue was overblown on a "reality" show.

• Love 5

It does seem that all that property could be utilized in a better way.  I've mentioned the idea of a luxury get away for those who want to have nature, quiet, beauty, organic gourmet food, massages, etc.  There's plenty of room to set that up.  Also, organic farming.  Does the Pumpkin farm bring it enough to compete with a year round, income producing business?  What about a horse farm?  I've heard millions can be made for upscale horse stables and breeding centers. I'm just brainstorming.  All that paradise acreage could be used without putting down too many parking lots, imo.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Thats where zoning laws come into play, Sunnybebe. Technically, the primary business is farming pumpkins so the cut rate amusement park of attractions is drawing in pumpkin buyers and the farm isn't a commercial business. If they went into something like the "glamping" idea, or setting up a spa, or some sort of bed and breakfast, they would have to follow commercial zoning laws for businesses. So, if they were serving food, for example, the kitchen would need to pass inspections, buildings would need to be up to commercial building codes etc etc. 

This is why the wedding "business" was never actually a business - all of those weddings were essentially the wedding parties being given a free wedding venue in order to film.

Organic farming and horse farming are lovely ideas but both require a lot of investment capitol

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Why "absurd"?  It's reality TV; things are very often staged.  Hopefully this wasn't but it's reasonable to question it.

Matt is so predictable. For years he has whined about Amy having the big house, while he is stuck in the DW. Now that Amy is interested in switching, nope. He likes the size of the DW as it is easy to keep up. It was a given that after berating Amy for months (years?) for not saying what she wants, once she comes up with a plan, he would shoot it down. Amy is a saint for having put up with him for as long as she did. I guess in a way, Amy should thank Caryn for taking Matt off her hands. (Which is exactly what my sister's ex's long time girlfriend said - that my sis should thank her for having taken him off her hands - lol). 

It made no sense to me (or to Tori by the looks of things) that Zach wanted to sink money into the back yard of the house, but was totally against reducing the price. Seems to me the simplest thing would be to reduce, as you are effectively reducing anyway if you are now spending more money to get the price you want. SMH. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It made no sense to me (or to Tori by the looks of things) that Zach wanted to sink money into the back yard of the house, but was totally against reducing the price. Seems to me the simplest thing would be to reduce, as you are effectively reducing anyway if you are now spending more money to get the price you want. SMH. 

It sounded to me like they were having problems just getting appointments to show the house. Some buyers like to tackle renovation projects and others don't. A lot of buyers are going to see that backyard and be like "nope" no matter how much the asking price is lowered.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

It sounded to me like they were having problems just getting appointments to show the house. Some buyers like to tackle renovation projects and others don't. A lot of buyers are going to see that backyard and be like "nope" no matter how much the asking price is lowered.

Zach said that at that point they had had something like 20 open houses. I am not sure if he was exaggerating the number, but it is possible that not even many people have bothered to come to the open houses which to me would point to the house being listed too high for what it has/where it is. From what I recall, the back yard is small because much of it is on a steep hill - not sure what you can do to fix that. So they could put money into fixing up what there is with some nicer landscaping, etc but it would still be a small mostly unusable back yard it seems. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Zach said that at that point they had had something like 20 open houses. I am not sure if he was exaggerating the number, but it is possible that not even many people have bothered to come to the open houses which to me would point to the house being listed too high for what it has/where it is. From what I recall, the back yard is small because much of it is on a steep hill - not sure what you can do to fix that. So they could put money into fixing up what there is with some nicer landscaping, etc but it would still be a small mostly unusable back yard it seems. 

We once owned a home with a backyard similar to that and the only fix was installing a large retaining wall along the back and partially on the sides then trucking in mountains of dirt so we ended up with a flat backyard.... we were in a more rural situation and that was okay but it probably wouldn't be allowed in a neighborhood like Tori and Zach's.

Plus Zach was thinking of spending a couple thousand to fix the backyard and a retaining wall and dirt like I'm describing is a lot more money than a couple thousand.

• Love 1

Ugh. Matt is such an arsehole. Can't stand him. Never really could - even way back in the day. I'm also failing to understand how in gawd's green earth he could get a romantic partner. And it's not about his "short stature" - it's about his shitty personality.

Amy should just tear everything down on her part of the property and build a new, smaller place, and a moat... and a 12 foot fence...

Seriously though - what is Caryn getting out of this relationship with Matt? LMAO - I'm back to this (Because I'm watching the episode as I write this and I'm up to the part that she appears). It's not like she's pimping her own business or something. And it's not like he's a sugar daddy. Oooga boooga... Can't stand him.

will every episode be about the dang farm and what they should do? What a rotten way to live life - battling constantly about land... 

Up to the gals weekend - I see what y'all were saying about the creepy dark haired woman. The blonde I've seen before seemed fine. Anywho...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I would think that a local realtor who regularly sells in that community and who knows that market, could tell them what the problem is and the best course to get it sold. Many homeowners have this attitude of not wanting to GIVE their house away.  And, they don't willingly accept that the value of the house may be what a willing buyer is willing to pay and that may be way below their asking price. (Maybe the appraised value isn't coming up to what they want.)

I can understand their frustration though. It's just not like that from what I have seen in NC.   My parents put a piece of property that they owned on the market last year (reasonably priced per realtor's suggestion) and received two offers the first day.  One fell through, but, then another one on the second day, which was accepted.  In fact, I don't know anyone who has much trouble selling their house.  In my county, houses barely make it on the market before offers are made.  So, this situation with Zach and Tori's house is perplexing, despite the lack of backyard. 

• Love 3

They were probably priced too high and it very much looks like they did nothing to make the house look more saleable. For example... That backyard wouldn't bother me at all - I like the deck, and I like the idea of a small yet private backyard and I don't have pets or kids so it's essentially less upkeep. 

But that tv in the bay window? That's awful. I get that it's a personal choice, it even makes sense for them, I have a weird set up in my living room too... BUT SUCK IT UP for the house sale and move the tv out of the window so people can see the nice bay window. Having the window blocked leads a buyer to wonder whats so awful in the neighborhood that you're blocking the big bay window. They probably didn't depersonalize the baby's room, which means a buyer will need to deal with the large mountain mural - I like it but it's not everyone's taste and means "work needs to be done to move in". They also didn't depersonalize the house by taking down a lot of photos, and didn't declutter. Those things, more than the small back yard, were probably why it stayed on the market so long. 

• Love 8

Looking at a wall that I know I have to paint automatically moves a house down a few spots on my list.  They either had a not helpful agent or didn't listen.  My money is on didn't listen.  Perhaps Zach overpaid when he bought the house before they married?  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can understand their frustration though. It's just not like that from what I have seen in NC.   My parents put a piece of property that they owned on the market last year (reasonably priced per realtor's suggestion) and received two offers the first day.  One fell through, but, then another one on the second day, which was accepted.  In fact, I don't know anyone who has much trouble selling their house.  In my county, houses barely make it on the market before offers are made.  So, this situation with Zach and Tori's house is perplexing, despite the lack of backyard. 

If it's still for sale it's a little like the Brown's from Sister Wives, so far only one of their 4 houses has sold.... Maybe it's a reality show thing?

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, Dmarie019 said:

I'm also curious as to how they bought all that land and for how much because they farm has to be worth a freaking fortune. I don't think they would be able to sell it as one farm even if they wanted to. Well maybe they could... I guess my grandma had about 75-80 acres I think when she passed (not including the land that the house is on, that was sold long ago) and a corporation eventually bought it. But none of the surrounding farmers could afford it, but they got first dibs. 

I know it could be about something entirely different but the clip showing Amy crying and Chris say so you’ve made a decision? She’s already said if she leaves she’ll never step  on the property again. What makes it important to the grandkids also is visiting grandma and her meals etc.    She  raised those kids went to teacher conferences coached soccer was responsible for church. Matt just continued to build and build keeping costs hidden  from Amy. At the time I thought he was Sarah Winchester  kept building and building  because he didn’t have a childhood.  Don’t give him Amy! 

• Love 2
On 4/18/2019 at 1:16 AM, Rap541 said:

Oh but Matt is the soft spoken victim who never so much as says one word about Amy, poor widdle tortured Matt who is always the victim. 

Matt's massive turn around was hilarious. Folks, she *offered him the house that he says he wants*, she offered to switch properties and now what's the problem? He's been bitching for years for her to get out, she throws out a reasonable suggestion that should appeal to him and NOW she's going off track and he's publically bitching yet again? 

I'm absolutely certain there was never anything wrong with that dog. 

Don't forget how Amy is a huge, selfish bitch for offering Matt the Big House he has so desperately wanted.  I agree there was never anything wrong with Lucy.  I don't think Matt gives 2 shits about that dog, she's a photo op, nothing more.

The preview for next week's episode...every time I watch it I mutter "You're such an asshole Matt".  Lol

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4

If Matt and Amy sell the farm, won't they lose their show income too? Matt can't carry the show alone and Amy never liked doing it from what I recall, but I bet it's a good source of income. Jams and pumpkins alone don't pay the taxes. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If Matt and Amy sell the farm, won't they lose their show income too? Matt can't carry the show alone and Amy never liked doing it from what I recall, but I bet it's a good source of income. Jams and pumpkins alone don't pay the taxes. 

Isn't the show kinda losing a little steam anyway ? The "will-he-she-stay-go-or-sell" dilemma makes for interesting discussion and drama now but if they are still  the arguing the same tune 2-3 yrs from now - that's not enough to hold interest, and probably advertisers.. 

Yes - it is big decision but in reality (if that is what this is supposed to be) - it just doesn't take that long. Kinda like a bitter pill to swallow.

I think the show would also need something else major to happen - like the 2nd wedding of Amy to ___  and/or the the 2nd wedding of Matt to ___. I don't think Jacob's farm wedding prep would last more than a season , esp given he has spent a great deal of time away AND if he agrees to return to the camera.

I wonder would the show do better in a few years in a format like Counting On. Let the kid-adults become the main stars and see more of their lives. That will give us more viewing time of Jackson and Murphy.  😁

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Is Jacob's wedding going to be filmed?  He's been opposed to filming for years and stopped when he turned 18.  

The divorce had 50/50 interest in the farm and the TV show business with an attached property settlement agreement that left the Roloffs with apparent stipulations about future sales and how the businesses would be run.  

If I was Amy I'd leave and let Matt buy me out, I think she'd be happier far away from the farm and Matt and Caryn.

She should take her money and either buy or build a nice retirement home with view of the ocean, she really looked happy being close to the ocean on her girls trip.

Buy or build something with room for the kids to visit, they'd probably love to visit if she was near the beach.

Staying on the farm will just be an ongoing hassle with Matt, life is too short to get bogged down in that BS.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Is Jacob's wedding going to be filmed?  He's been opposed to filming for years and stopped when he turned 18.  

It will not. Izzy said this on Instagram recently because I guess she/Jacob were getting this question a lot after revealing the wedding planning on the farm.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

It's great that Amy is so enthused about the travel and adventures that she shares with Chris, but, she acts like she's never traveled before of that she's been stuck at home without any entertainment.  I recall lots of travel and went back to see some of the places she has gone since we have seen the family, including, Hawaii, Milwaukee, NYC, Vegas, multiple places in CA like Knotts Berry Farm, San Francisco, Napa, as well as Phoenix, Sedona, Mississippi, Michigan, New Mexico, Nashville, Orlando, The Bahamas, and British Columbia where she and Molly went whale watching.  She's participated in snorkeling, surfing, hiking, RV trips, zip lining  and lots of adventures that many people can only dream of.  So, I just don't get why she acts like she's never been anywhere or done anything before she met Chris.  I suppose it's what producers want her to say.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

Or maybe she just really likes travel?  Or maybe she's finding travel as a grown up without child tending to be a lot more fun? A lot of the trips you mention were family trips where she was the one keeping everyone on track and organized and refereeing fights and dealing with illnesses (that trip to Sedona involved several of the kids bragging about vomiting in trashcans ooooh fun) keeping kids entertained, keeping kids safe. My mom often said - and we didn't vacation nearly as much as the Roloffs, that vacations with the family were a lot of work.

I guess Matt often felt the same way since he routinely ditched family vacations and often bragged about what a grand time he had on trips where he was by himself or with non family members. Btw - Matt ditching family vacations and leaving Amy holding the bag to deal with the kids and their disappointment that their father doesn't want to spend time with them just might have a been a whole lot of work for Amy on those "fun" trips.

A really big difference as well is that while Matt often had vacations where the cameras didn't go since he was the only one going - Amy's travels with the kids were often filmed for our viewing pleasure and likely not as much fun. 

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's great that Amy is so enthused about the travel and adventures that she shares with Chris, but, she acts like she's never traveled before of that she's been stuck at home without any entertainment.  I recall lots of travel and went back to see some of the places she has gone since we have seen the family, including, Hawaii, Milwaukee, NYC, Vegas, multiple places in CA like Knotts Berry Farm, San Francisco, Napa, as well as Phoenix, Sedona, Mississippi, Michigan, New Mexico, Nashville, Orlando, The Bahamas, and British Columbia where she and Molly went whale watching.  She's participated in snorkeling, surfing, hiking, RV trips, zip lining  and lots of adventures that many people can only dream of.  So, I just don't get why she acts like she's never been anywhere or done anything before she met Chris.  I suppose it's what producers want her to say.  

Milwaukee ? Doesn't seem to fit on with the rest of the cities...nyc..Hawaii..Orlando.

I would like to see her travel with  Chris that doesn't involve his motorcycle.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Travelling is quite different when you're doing it with a man you're in love with.  As well as travelling with a man who is equally as excited as you are, and one who doesn't bitch and moan about every single thing.  The way Matt used to.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14