Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought they reduced the tours due to covid. And, it seemed like at one point they were not doing the regular tours.  I’ll have to rewatch to get the specifics.  Also, if the drive time is included in the tour time, why would that add additional time to the tour?

The route was set but Zach wanted to change it to a shorter tour that wouldn't take as long because that's Zach... always looking for a way to do LESS and ripoff the customers.

It was too much work for him to drive a little further and let people see more.

He's so freaking lazy it's sickening.....

Matt said NO and that Zach needed to stick to the original tour route that had already been worked out.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

If Matt had been allowed to have any say in raising the boys, their room would have been clean, and by the time they were grown, they would have learned how the farm is run and works by hands on experience.

I've watched enough of the show to know that if Matt wants something or cares about something, he takes the time to make it happen. If Matt wanted a say, he would have had it. He wanted the farm all to himself and he hectored and hollared and complained and whined for years and got his way. With raising his children, he threw up his hands and went on vacations by himself.

It didn't matter to Matt so he didn't bother. Sorry, but I've watch the show, and Matt was not denied his rights as a parent. He rarely bothered to intervene, when he did, he and Amy argued, and he never bothered to follow up on anything. It was more fun to play at projects and be Jeremy's pal.

I'm certainly not denying Amy was a shit parent too - but there's more to being a father than making the money and doing as you please rather than discipling the kids since disciplining the kids makes you the bad guy. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Amy looks like she never showers.....she put on the sparkles when she wore her butterfly costume and I swear it looked like she had left over with her black eye baseball player get up. Maybe she reapplied but it looks like slept in makeup to me....

I agree when she was talking about her meet and greet area with Matt she looked like a fat, greasy haired stink bomb!

her blue jeans were stretched to the limit and ready to explode!

why does she wear her blue jeans so tight?… they look like they’re painted on... she’s not a teenager, she’s a 50yr old grandmother who’s 30 lbs overweight!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I must admit that it would be difficult to turn down a job that pays me at least 3 times what I’d make if I worked 40 hrs a week, allowed flexibility in my schedule, and paid me for going on vacation, attending barbecues, etc.  The downside is the loss of privacy, but I might be able to live with that if I was able to pay my bills, incur no debt and have a nice retirement fund. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must admit that it would be difficult to turn down a job that pays me at least 3 times what I’d make if I worked 40 hrs a week, allowed flexibility in my schedule, and paid me for going on vacation, attending barbecues, etc.  The downside is the loss of privacy, but I might be able to live with that if I was able to pay my bills, incur no debt and have a nice retirement fund. 

Totally, it’s a sweet deal that’s why it pisses me off that Zach who has no advanced education or business training expects to come in pick up his pay check while whining and bitching about his job and thinking that Matt should start doing things Zachs way,,, what an arrogant little prick…. He’s got his head in the clouds and believes his own bullshit… Tori needs a wake up call as well.

they work a few weeks of the year and make enough to live a pretty nice life for the rest of the year but he’s still bitching…. Unbelievable 🙄

• Love 12

I wonder if Zach will let Jackson and Lilah Ray run through their home destroying the place, screaming, breaking things and basically carrying on like animals.  If he was stupid enough to let the kid try and bring a goat out on his own then he will probably let it happen.  

• Love 9

Several posts have been removed for being off topic. 

Discussions of participants’ social media belong in their respective threads- this thread should be focused on the episodes of the show. 

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

they work a few weeks of the year and make enough to live a pretty nice life for the rest of the year but he’s still bitching…. Unbelievable 🙄

I'm sure they have some of that $$$ invested by professionals who have, no doubt, advised matt and amy so that after the gravy train ends (as it will inevitably do) they will have a slush fund to presumably be able to turn into a lifetime of income.  That would include being able to borrow (if need be) on the value of the farm in the future that they will presumably inherit (with shares to the rest of the kids).  

Not bad for a kindergarten teacher and a "stay-at-home dad" with no marketable skills whatsoever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if Zach will let Jackson and Lilah Ray run through their home destroying the place, screaming, breaking things and basically carrying on like animals.  If he was stupid enough to let the kid try and bring a goat out on his own then he will probably let it happen.  

Giving Jackson the leash with a goat was one of the stupidest things I’ve seen in a long time, Jackson was 3 at the time and the size of a small 2 yr old…. Ya let’s give him the leash with a goat… what could possibly go wrong? 🙄

they’re lucky that the goat didn’t butt him or wind the leash around him and knock him over…. Another one of Zachs great ideas.

• Love 14

For me Zach was done when he and Tori were planning the outdoor party a few years ago and he cheaper out so bad on the food and beverages. What an ass. 

Too bad when the child gets the worst qualities of both parents.

He basically has no experience in anything but comes across as arrogant and righteous. With nothing to back up these characteristics.

And of course they are free to have as many children as they want, but with more and more medical issues arising, why? Maybe trying to have a child with no issues? What about as Zach gets older - will his medical issues intensify? I've said it before, but God forbid Tori becomes unwell in some way - then what? will they have the money to have help? I'm guessing they have to buy their medical insurance - oh dear. They are young but not kids anymore. But their mindset about these issues surprises me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

It took Matt 30 years to discover the only way to win with Amy, was to just get away from her. Now she has her man and can be happy at last. Except, after she sold her share of the farm and pocketed the money, now she is sad because she no longer owns a part of it as she kept telling us during pumpkin season.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, seasons said:

For me Zach was done when he and Tori were planning the outdoor party a few years ago and he cheaper out so bad on the food and beverages. What an ass. 

Too bad when the child gets the worst qualities of both parents.

He basically has no experience in anything but comes across as arrogant and righteous. With nothing to back up these characteristics.

And of course they are free to have as many children as they want, but with more and more medical issues arising, why? Maybe trying to have a child with no issues? What about as Zach gets older - will his medical issues intensify? I've said it before, but God forbid Tori becomes unwell in some way - then what? will they have the money to have help? I'm guessing they have to buy their medical insurance - oh dear. They are young but not kids anymore. But their mindset about these issues surprises me.

I believe Zach mentioned having to pay for their health insurance.  I think it was the episode they were trying to sell their old house and they were talking about having no money because they were paying two sets of bills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Letting a child play in a lidded box doesn’t seem like A1 parenting to me. 

also, any guesses on what those metal monstrosities cost?

That always bothers me as well, Jer and Auj do the same thing… little kids with their hands and fingers on the edge scares me, hinges can get loose over time and that could easily break a little finger or worse…. Plus Zach and Tori have a HUGE dog who’s always in the same area with the kids and he could easily bump that lid while being playful.

I have no idea what those statues would cost but I’m sure they weren’t cheap, they look like they’d take a while to build and required a lot of welding… I thought the Big Foot looked really good positioned amongst the trees but the dinosaurs would look better if they had some landscaping around them instead of standing by the fence like farm animals… they didn’t have much time so maybe they’ll do something more with them before the next pumpkin season, Matt bought a beautiful train for taking people on tour but with Zach driving it who knows how long it will last since he’s had a couple near accidents while driving the tour vehicle.

• Love 5
(edited)

Poormansbronze.com has the Bigfoot and other statues but you have to call for a quote. The only price I see listed is a Buffalo on sale for $3950. I’m guessing he spent $25,000 to $50,000 for everything he got. 

edit: there is a sale page with prices. Average about 5 grand a piece

Edited by SongbirdHollow
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Matt bought a beautiful train for taking people on tour but with Zach driving it who knows how long it will last since he’s had a couple near accidents while driving the tour vehicle.

Responded in the Matt thread since the train hasn't been in an episode.

36 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

The more Matt spends, the better. Less to leave for those ungrateful boys.

1) He isn't required to leave any family member anything, so he doesn't have to spend it to make sure they don't get anything.

2) Molly hasn't been a shit, I hope he remembers that when he spends and spends.

25 to 50k on multiple statues that with the exception of Bigfoot, don't really fit the farm theme (and BigFoot is a reach but the idea of spotting it on the tour isn't bad at all) seems like a lot of money to spend in a year where attendance and profits had to be questionable in May 2020.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Giving Jackson the leash with a goat was one of the stupidest things I’ve seen in a long time, Jackson was 3 at the time and the size of a small 2 yr old…. Ya let’s give him the leash with a goat… what could possibly go wrong? 🙄

they’re lucky that the goat didn’t butt him or wind the leash around him and knock him over…. Another one of Zachs great ideas.

The two of them just laugh everything off and think everything is cute. Their parenting style is too laid back for me. Zach wants to be in denial that Lilah has some physical issues and Tori has to be the adult in these matters but then they both just laugh off stuff like the goat incident. They are very immature…and Zach is an asshat.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 7
On 6/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

I've watched enough of the show to know that if Matt wants something or cares about something, he takes the time to make it happen. If Matt wanted a say, he would have had it. He wanted the farm all to himself and he hectored and hollared and complained and whined for years and got his way. With raising his children, he threw up his hands and went on vacations by himself.

It didn't matter to Matt so he didn't bother. Sorry, but I've watch the show, and Matt was not denied his rights as a parent. He rarely bothered to intervene, when he did, he and Amy argued, and he never bothered to follow up on anything. It was more fun to play at projects and be Jeremy's pal.

I'm certainly not denying Amy was a shit parent too - but there's more to being a father than making the money and doing as you please rather than discipling the kids since disciplining the kids makes you the bad guy. 

200.gif

• Love 4

And yet, Chris has already learned that it is much easier to just give into Amy rather than fight her over anything. Like making shelves in the garage because he knows not a single box will ever leave that house. Matt probably got sick of arguing with Amy when he knew nothing would ever change her mind about anything.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

And yet, Chris has already learned that it is much easier to just give into Amy rather than fight her over anything. Like making shelves in the garage because he knows not a single box will ever leave that house. Matt probably got sick of arguing with Amy when he knew nothing would ever change her mind about anything.

I hope Chris never needs to rely on crutches or a wheelchair to get around.  The great room at Amy's house may not look cluttered (yet), but from what Chris is saying, the rest of the house is packed full already.  He'd have to move into the living room to have a space where he can maneuver around.  Amy does NOT have a history of helping to accommodate a person with mobility problems.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Chris has been in real estate for a long time and has likely witnessed hoarders before and knows how hard it is to get them to budge.  When Chris tries to get Amy to make space she gets a confused distant look on her face like she has no idea what he is talking about!  Lol  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Chris has been in real estate for a long time and has likely witnessed hoarders before and knows how hard it is to get them to budge.  When Chris tries to get Amy to make space she gets a confused distant look on her face like she has no idea what he is talking about!  Lol  

Yes, I noticed that, or she is trying to decide whether she should admit he is right or tell him to F off!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

New episode is up!

Last week of pumpkin season. Matt takes pictures of Jackson and says pumpkin season was a success. Matt states he enjoys working with Zach and that Zach is very logical and its basically a "this is totally working" moment.

Now Jackson is being taken to the bubble machine while wearing a cute pirate costume. Queue cute montage of pirate Jackson popping bubbles with his sword. 

And now last day of pumpkin season. Amy is doing the picture thing in her steampunk costume. I doubt she even knows what steampunk is. She notes that she and Matt worked well together. Dammit where is the drama???

Oh here we go. There's a fun "cannon war" between the elder couples, Matt and Caryn vs Amy and Chris. Matt marvels that Amy tried to hit him and Amy notes that it is the point of the game. It was fun seeming, no actual drama. Chris seems pleased that there was no drama.

Matt notes that pumpkin season was not about making a profit. 

At Zach and Tory's. Jackson basically has several pet chickens all named Teeter. Basically this is a barely verbal child being asked questions. Some will find cute, I am not into kids so I'm like lets move on.

Now they talk about the farm and pumpkin season and how Zach needs to do more. They discuss whether they move to the farm. Tory is fine with it but Zach has concerns about living near Matt. And now we're on to Lilah's eye thing. 

Meanwhile at Amy's house. Chris is moving things in. Amy teases him about how long it has been taking him to move in. They tease each other.  We get to see Chris's garage and its FULL. Amy wants a date, noting that time is running out for catering etc.  Chris is all "what? thats ridiculous!" but tells her he will check with his poker buddies to see what's the best weekend.  They then debate the office and how messy it is. Chris wants it done before Soup Night. Amy is aghast at that idea. 

So Matt is showing up to a house that Caryn is considering buying. Its nice. Caryn notes that its "weird" that she's buying a house knowing that Matt is planning to build one but she seems to understand that it will take forever. They talk about potentially hot tubbing naked. Matt doesn't like that it's two story and Caryn pointedly notes that there's no ranches available. Matt complains mightily about going up the stairs.  He notes how he'll be motivated to go up stairs for you know, sex.  Caryn notes she's been with Matt "for a long time" and wants his opinion. Frankly he doesn't seem thrilled, but he tells her to go after it. They smooch on the stairs. Nice to see them doing something together.

Zach and Tory in the car discussing Lilah's eye problem. Its strabismus. They might need to do surgery and we get the lecture on little people and going under. There's lengthy talk about glasses and how the kid will look weird. 

Chris and Matt zoom call. Maybe they should gay marry. Matt defends how being besties with his ex wife's fella is perfectly normal. Matt also pushes the "wedding on the farm" again. Chris notes that Matt plans on ripping up the farm for his dream house. Matt cheerfully says he will put it off. Chris likes Matt and they exchange stock tips and love notes. Matt offers to do a walk thru with Chris and they discuss Matt's vision of the wedding and what Matt will allow and I am all "DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!" over that.

Now Tory and Zach on the farm with the kids. They are putting the glasses on Lilah for the first time. There's crying. Its cute but Tory hates the color pink. Lilah by the way is getting a check up every six weeks with the glasses. 

Amy and Chris's place - Amy is marveling that she is ready for Soup Night early. They have picked a date btw. Chris wants to do the walk thru, mostly, I think to see his secret lover, Matt. More seriously Amy has some legit concerns about the potential construction. bBrandi and Dave come over and Brandi is the "ambiguous" neighbor in recent photos. Amy marvels that Chris actually helps her with guests. There's talk of Covid and Thanksgiving. Everyone teases Chris about still owning his own home.  They announce the date, Aug 28. Amy thinks Chris looks great in a suit. It seems like a fun party.  Over all though... slow slow slow.

• Love 6

Amy just couldn't get through an episode without taking a swipe at Matt (she's "not used to" having a mate with social skills who is actually cordial to guests)... 

We came sooo close!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

In fairness, Matt is the one who showed up for thanksgiving dinner, ignored his inlaws who were chatting in the living room, and planked his ass at the dining room table and began loudly complaining that he was there at 6 and he expected his dinner!

So yeah, I can see it being a pleasant surprise that Chris was helpful with guests, 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I'm sure Amy's guests - AND Chris - appreciated that bitter reference to her ex-husband as drinks were served.  Matt: living rent-free in Amy's head since 1987.

They seemed amused. 

Matt meanwhile is the guy inviting his ex wife to have her wedding on his property, to the detriment of his own home building and can't seem to resist worming his way back into her life by trying to be besties with her new guy. I kinda think Amy is living rent free in Matt's head. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

They seemed amused. 

Matt meanwhile is the guy inviting his ex wife to have her wedding on his property, to the detriment of his own home building and can't seem to resist worming his way back into her life by trying to be besties with her new guy. I kinda think Amy is living rent free in Matt's head. 

I think Matt wants a harmonious relationship with them for the sake of the kids and grandkids, and there's nothing wrong with that (and, for all we know, they have one IRL).  Matt is also the mastermind behind not only the pumpkin farm, but also the show, and knows what brings likes: drama between Matt and Amy.

Heaven knows Zach and Tori don't exactly keep viewers glues to the edge of their seats!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I thought tonight’s episode pretty boring. Not sure this group of eight can carry the show. 

Caryn buying that house with all those stairs for a man on crutches. Their sex talk seemed rehearsed and honestly I didn’t like that house at all.  They kept saying it was better than where she is now!  Where is she??

Tori does have a bit of a personality but Zack, like Amy, spends way to much of his on screen time jabbing Matt.   Leg humpers both of them. 

Re the soup party the wine looked cheap and knowing Amy’s cooking habits to be so unsanitary I just can’t say that’s a party I would hate to miss!

Interesting that Matt and Chris are having this secret bromance!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought tonight’s episode pretty boring. Not sure this group of eight can carry the show. 

Caryn buying that house with all those stairs for a man on crutches. Their sex talk seemed rehearsed and honestly I didn’t like that house at all.  They kept saying it was better than where she is now!  Where is she??

Tori does have a bit of a personality but Zack, like Amy, spends way to much of his on screen time jabbing Matt.   Leg humpers both of them. 

Re the soup party the wine looked cheap and knowing Amy’s cooking habits to be so unsanitary I just can’t say that’s a party I would hate to miss!

Interesting that Matt and Chris are having this secret bromance!  

Tori has a personality -- a rather annoying one!  As an aside, her mother and grandmother are both extremely short; is there dwarfism in her family (although she obviously takes after her tall father)?  As for Caryn's purchase, maybe it's a story line and will never happen, maybe it's an investment and a flip (Matt did one, and I'm sure she has Matt's contractors at her disposal), or maybe the proposal is a gentle nudge to Matt to get moving on the dream house!  For Caryn is subtle, whereas Amy never was and still isn't.  I agree that a flight of stairs, even with a "rest area" in the middle (Matt is on crutches and could seriously hurt himself climbing steps) is only slightly less impractical for a woman with a dwarf boyfriend than Tori buying a house with multiple sets of stairs with a dwarf husband and two (plus however many more they intend to have) children.  (Oh, and Karen said she was currently in a townhouse.)

Edited by all4mom2
afterthought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I’m sorry, but Zach and Tori just seem dumber and dumber each episode.  Yes, Jackson, please remind your parents to put Lilah’s glasses on, while you’re at it please remind them to put shoes on both of you.  

Caryn’s potential house was ok, but I’m wondering if they could put in one of those railing/wall chairs for Matt, despite the landing being there. It seemed a bit dangerous for him going up and down the steps or maybe it was the camera angle.

I wonder if Amy will be checking the texts on Chris’ phone, not for other women, but for Matt... 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Caryn buying that house with all those stairs for a man on crutches.

She pretty clearly said there were no ranches on the market. Also pretty certain Matt's dream house will be two stories, just like the big house was. 

32 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Tori does have a bit of a personality but Zack, like Amy, spends way to much of his on screen time jabbing Matt.

I tend to think she might know him better than we do ;)

33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Leg humpers both of them. 

Matt's little sections of the show were dullsville and I question whether this show would continue without there being grandkids to display. And forgive me but with all the treats to keep Jackson happy, it sure seems like Matt is humping Zach and Tory's legs pretty hard to keep the show going.

24 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

As an aside, her mother and grandmother are both extremely short; is there dwarfism in her family (although she obviously takes after her tall father)?

No. People can be short without suffering from dwarfism. My mom was 4'10 (technically short enough to be a dwarf) but she was simply rather physically petite. There's never been any mention of Tory's family being a dwarf family and I really can't see the show letting that slide. 

32 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

maybe the proposal is a gentle nudge to Matt to get moving on the dream house!  For Caryn is subtle, whereas Amy never was and still isn't. 

I mean, I really don't consider 'I'm buying my own house because I can't wait for you to build us one" all that subtle. I don't blame her one bit, but it's not subtle in the slightest. 

36 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I agree that a flight of stairs, even with a "rest area" in the middle (Matt is on crutches and could seriously hurt himself climbing steps) is only slightly less impractical for a woman with a dwarf boyfriend than Tori buying a house with multiple sets of stairs with a dwarf husband and two (plus however many more they intend to have) children.  (Oh, and Karen said she was currently in a townhouse.)

Matt's home for how many years, 20? was two story. The big house he whined he wanted is a two story house. The last plans shown for the "dream house" was a two story home. Does Matt deserve the same level of chiding for being so impractical? Because Matt has consistently chosen homes that he should know that he can seriously hurt himself on climbing the steps and yet there he is, living in a two story home for 20+ years and wanting a dream house with a feature that he can seriously injure himself with.  Zach and Tory get the "what dumbasses" for choosing a house with stairs but Matt with the much more severe handicap never does and I don't understand it when he is clearly the one choosing homes with stairs. 

Caryn said she looked for a one level and couldn't find one. Maybe.... if Matt wants a one story home his plans to build shouldn't be two stories high. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

The master bedroom in the big farm house that Matt and Amy shared was on the first floor 

It was a two story house and I can cite many multiple episodes of Matt on the stairs and on the second floor. Stairs are dangerous for him but he lived for many years in a house with stairs and at last check plans to build another with stairs. Matt's the one with the most severe handicap yet he's never chided for choosing homes with stairs where he can seriously injure himself.. I don't understand why the one person with the biggest issue never gets taken to task.

I mean seriously, *Caryn* is being judged for choosing a home that her boyfriend is too handicapped to safely manage... but her boyfriend with the severe handicap is not to be judged for choosing homes with stairs when he should darn well know he can't navigate them? I don't get it. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I was confused when Matt said that he and Caryn currently live in a townhouse. I thought he lived in the DW on the farm? And assumed that Caryn was there as well. If they do live in a townhome, at least any townhome that I know has at least three levels, often four. That is a lot of stairs. So not sure why this house would be such a problem with two levels. In any case though, do they live together FT or not?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Matt and Amy raised four children, plus not infrequently hosted out-of-town family who visited for holidays and - who knows - maybe even friends when they were active in LPOA.  That would have been one sprawling ranch if all the rooms in the farmhouse (not to mention that farmhouses are traditionally two-story) plus bathrooms were all on one floor!  Better to use that land for pumpkins and projects.  I'm sure Matt occasionally went upstairs, if only to check out the hoard and squalor, but his bedroom, bathroom, and office were all on the first floor.  He was also younger and somewhat more agile then.  I'm not "blaming" Caryn for buying a two-story (if indeed she does), especially when she stated no ranches were available; I just doubt if it's a place where Matt -- or even Caryn, for that matter -- would actually spend much time.

Could Tori make it any clearer (no pun intended) that she hated Lila Bean's glasses?  Way to put a positive spin on it, mom!  No wonder she soon had her in the black scholar frames (that didn't fit properly) versus "ugly pink baby goggles."

Edited by all4mom2
clarity
  • Love 4
(edited)

For some reason my DVR opted to not record this episode.  I’m not too upset because I think I can figure out what transpired without watching.

Matt- droned on about how happy he is to do projects on the farm, but dithered over how he and Zack can come together to run the farm

Zack/Tori- Zack complained about his dad’s wild and expensive ideas for the farm.  Tori wrung her hands over the health of her children and discussed how “there may be some concerns” for both kids ( here’s a hint Tori, yes there are definitely going to be issues for both kids all their lives…ask your husband, or your MIL or your FIL)

Amy- bitched and moaned about Matt and his treatment of her during their marriage and divorce proceedings.  Which led her into bemoaning how she doesn’t belong at the farm anymore, she doesn’t have a place there anymore, memories, 30 years, blah blah blah.  Then she switched gears to self pity over planning a wedding, where to hold the ceremony ( hint- it will be at the farm.  You know it, we know it, aliens monitoring the planet know it).  Also Amy gets screen time with her Man to discuss her piles of useless trash mementos, and how she needs to make room for her Man.

How’d I do?

Edited by BusyOctober
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Well I don't think that episode could have been more boring.  The show is so repetitive.  Tori takes a kid to the Dr. and then tries to get idiot Zach to understand what is happening. Not sure why these two would have more children, it seems like Jackson and Lilah already have many struggles ahead of them.  Amy and her man discuss him moving in and the wedding all while her man constantly paws at her adjusting her clothes and rubbing her back and side during the sit-downs. She smiles and giggles with delight.  Matt, pumpkin season and farm projects.  I don't get why Caryn is buying a house, definitely going to be an investment/rental once the house at the farm is ready.  

I don't know why Amy would have the wedding at the farm, it seems it will be there unless the show is playing games and at the last minute we find out it is at another venue.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

For some reason my DVR a opted to not record this episode.  I’m not too upset because I think I can figure out what transpired without watching.

Matt- droned on about how happy he is to do projects on the farm, but dithered over how he and Zack can come together to run the farm

Zack/Tori- Zack complained about his dad’s wild and expensive ideas for the farm.  Tori wrung her hands over the health of her children and discussed how “there may be some concerns” for both kids ( here’s a hint Tori, yes there are definitely going to be issues for both kids all their lives…ask your husband, or your MIL Zane FIL)

Amy- bitched and moaned about Matt and his treatment of her during their marriage and divorce proceedings.  Which led her into bemoaning how she doesn’t belong at the farm anymore, she doesn’t have a place there anymore, memories, 30 years, blah blah blah.  Then she switched gears to self pity over planning a wedding, where to hold the ceremony ( hint- it will be at the farm.  You know it, we know it, aliens monitoring the planet know it).  Also Amy gets screen time with her Man to discuss her piles of useless trash mementos, and how she needs to make room for her Man.

How’d I do?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head!  Lol

• Love 3

Amy’s probably planning the wedding at the farm because it’s cheap like Amy.

I read they were in negotiations as far as the wedding being on the show.   Amy wants to make any scratch she can with this extravaganza. 

Why this new chapter in her supposed best life takes her back to Matt, Caryn and the farm is a puzzle!  She sold her half for the highest buck. 

Move along Amy!

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

The farm is free, and Amy is cheap.  Also, more opportunities to lament "30 years, no longer my home," etc.

Plus, TLC may have said they weren't going to film the wedding if it were anywhere else.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was confused when Matt said that he and Caryn currently live in a townhouse. I thought he lived in the DW on the farm? And assumed that Caryn was there as well. If they do live in a townhome, at least any townhome that I know has at least three levels, often four. That is a lot of stairs. So not sure why this house would be such a problem with two levels. In any case though, do they live together FT or not?

I think he said that Caryn lived in a small townhouse.  And she decided to place an offer on that 2 story due to there not being any ranch style houses available.  They both felt it was a step up from what she had. I was impressed by this.  To me, it shows that she can make do with something modest and within her means.  And, if she moves into a larger place when Matt builds his dream house, so be it, but she’ll have her own place that suits her needs too.  It could always be used as rental income if she didn’t need it.

I imagine that Matt will build a 2 story house with an elevator. 

I thought the episode was pretty good, but I am easily amused. I don’t need banter, drama, etc. to keep me entertained.  Their everyday life works for me. 

• Love 4