Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

On 5/31/2021 at 10:05 AM, winsomeone said:

The way Amy is packing on the pounds, she will not be able to get into her fancy wedding dress when the time comes.

I’m behind, did they show her dress in the latest episode? 

I saw last night’s show and Tori is showing us her whole ass. Zach wasn’t articulating it well, but I understood where he was coming from about him taking Jackson to the doctor. He’d likely be able to ask the most informed questions because of his personal experience with the surgery and get the best sense of what’s in store for Jackson. I totally understand Tori wanting to be there, but telling Jackson to call his father a “crazy loon” was beyond the pale disrespectful. It was like she couldn’t understand at all why Zach might be the better choice to take Jackson. I wonder if they could have had whichever parent who didn’t go be on speaker phone when the doctor discussed next steps? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Zach wasn’t articulating it well, but I understood where he was coming from about him taking Jackson to the doctor. He’d likely be able to ask the most informed questions because of his personal experience with the surgery and get the best sense of what’s in store for Jackson.

I get what you're saying but I look at it like this. In an ideal world, they would have both been able to go. In this world, they have to share, and "I had similar surgery" also means he wins every time and Tory never gets to go with Jackson to see the doctor. Frankly, for all that Tory gets cited for having her head in the sand ignoring her children's many health issues, maybe she needs to hear it from a professional that yes, this is happening. But I thought they went with who Jackson wanted to take him as well so....

• Love 1

My heart aches for these 2 children and all the surgeries They will have to go through, all the mental and emotional and physical problems they are going to have in life. Lila does not look well at all and I thought it was very odd that When Amy asked how her doctors appointment went Tori said it’s fine except for the eye issue. Last week she said Lila was behind in some ways. It does seem that she is very slowly progressing for her age. Also her head is quite large & not having seen a lot of dwarfs in my life except on the show it seems to be abnormally so?. If I’m wrong I apologize.  Tori & Zack  both have a lifetime of problems ahead of them as it stands. it will be interesting to see future pregnancies or not. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Also her head is quite large & not having seen a lot of dwarfs in my life except on the show it seems to be abnormally so?.

I won't say you're wrong but I will say I can remember Jackson having a HUGE head in relation to his body and me being all asshole and remarking on it. The little couple's older kid had a similar look and he's also an achon. I think its partly because they just have bigger heads and partly because their bodies are tinier. 

• Love 1

From what I've seen, the heads are fairly normal size, but the bodies are so much proportionally smaller that it makes the head look big.  As the bodies grow, the heads grow more slowly (as is normal), so the disproportion becomes less as they age.

• Love 3

What a boring episode.  Tori is so annoying in large doses.  She shouldn't be telling Jackson to call his father a crazy loon, also she loves calling them knuckleheads.  Zach should have known there was no way she was letting him go to the Dr. alone with Jackson, I doubt she trusts he would get all the information right.  It is very obvious that Jackson is the favorite grandchild with Matt.  I thought it was cute that Jackson did mention Ember.  More of the same Amy and her man crap about storage.  Her man said two things that surprised me he would say on the show, first about how even his sisters and brothers said he has "lightened up" a lot, and the other about them not getting married until he has space to live there.  Oh, flies in the coffee cups🤢

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It is very obvious that Jackson is the favorite grandchild with Matt.  I thought it was cute that Jackson did mention Ember.

I found it really sad that the whole "treasure in the sandbox" thing was theoretically meant for all the grandchildren but only Jackson was invited to the fun event. 

Also the kids will need the same track hoe that dug that pit to actually find that treasure. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I won't say you're wrong but I will say I can remember Jackson having a HUGE head in relation to his body and me being all asshole and remarking on it. The little couple's older kid had a similar look and he's also an achon. I think its partly because they just have bigger heads and partly because their bodies are tinier. 

9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

From what I've seen, the heads are fairly normal size, but the bodies are so much proportionally smaller that it makes the head look big.  As the bodies grow, the heads grow more slowly (as is normal), so the disproportion becomes less as they age.

Not sure, but I thought the large head issue also related back to another common problem, which Zach has had several times, including a couple years back on the show -- the fluid buildup that sometimes requires a shunt.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I had my reservations about mentioning anything myself but was just wondering because it does look large & mis-shapen. I admit I am ignorant on the subject. Hopefully she is going to grow into it. Bringing these children into the world must be quite the complex decision for parents and knowing how cruel people, children included, can be I can’t imagine how stressful life is for little people. 😔 I do think that Zach turned out pretty OK! Specially having Amy for a mother. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

What a boring episode.  Tori is so annoying in large doses.  She shouldn't be telling Jackson to call his father a crazy loon, also she loves calling them knuckleheads.  Zach should have known there was no way she was letting him go to the Dr. alone with Jackson, I doubt she trusts he would get all the information right.  It is very obvious that Jackson is the favorite grandchild with Matt.  I thought it was cute that Jackson did mention Ember.  More of the same Amy and her man crap about storage.  Her man said two things that surprised me he would say on the show, first about how even his sisters and brothers said he has "lightened up" a lot, and the other about them not getting married until he has space to live there.  Oh, flies in the coffee cups🤢

Agree Tori is annoying in large doses. And give me a break everyone has a smart phone now all she had to do was FaceTime the doctors visit with Zach at home.  
I forgot about the flies in the coffee cup! also 🤮🤮Sorry Amy but that makes you look like a 🐷 as far as housekeeping goes. 

4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Zach was/is hydrocephalic. If either kid had that problem, its not something that can be ignored, they would know they have a serious "needs hospital intervention" issue.

It’s strange that Tori never mentioned the doctor saying anything about this in reference to Lila’s office  visit. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

It’s strange that Tori never mentioned the doctor saying anything about this in reference to Lila’s office  visit. 

I mean, if Lilah isn't hydrocephalic then why would it come up? Or with Jackson, who had a HUGE head. My thinking is that neither child is hydrocephalic so therefore there's no need to mention a disorder they don't have. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, if Lilah isn't hydrocephalic then why would it come up? Or with Jackson, who had a HUGE head. My thinking is that neither child is hydrocephalic so therefore there's no need to mention a disorder they don't have. 

My mistake. I thought her enormous head meant that she was hydrocephalic. 

• Useful 1

ON 5/31/2021 AT 10:05 AM, WINSOMEONE SAID:

The way Amy is packing on the pounds, she will not be able to get into her fancy wedding dress when the time comes.

"I’m behind, did they show her dress in the latest episode?"

I saw her trying on a long dress in previews a while back? Maybe she was still just trying on gowns? 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The garage being packed was... a line up of packed boxes on the floor in the middle of the garage floor with ample room in the garage for the boxes to be stacked up along the wall. In fact, thats exactly how this resolved. And hmm... yes Amy's half of the office is a pigsty but.... that other half was completely clear. I have a feeling a lot of "OMG Chris needs room, will Amy choose him or the hoard?" storyline is... just that. The garage was NOT that bad. The office wasn't unworkable (agree much too messy but again, the one side was clearly cleared out.)

I think this is mostly made up storylines. 

I have the garage on the TV screen right now.  The line of boxes and stuff looks completely staged/set dressed to me.  A lot of them are just boxes.  Contents aren't shown just boxes with the flaps open.  Most of the things on shelves on the sides are in plastic bins.  Maybe they kept some of the packing stuff just to make this scene.  

I'm not saying Amy is the neatest person in the world, but this season seems very much scraping around to find material for episodes.  

I kind of expect the treasure pit was dug out and refilled as soon as the cameras were being packed up.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Chris did say they might as well make the shelves for Amy's hoard, as he realizes that not one box will ever leave that house. Amy acted coy, like a young girl. I get the impression that she thinks she is hot? Odd for a 60 year old over weight dwarf? Or is it just me?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, LucyEth said:

The doctor said there is definetly some bowing.  Tori did you and Zach really need the Dr. to tell you that, anyone can see it.  I feel bad for Jackson having to go through all of it.  

I think it was important to get baseline X-rays done so they can see how he does over time. They were fully aware he had bowing.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I dunno - I saw this mentioned on another board and the more I think about it, the more I see their point.

The garage being packed was... a line up of packed boxes on the floor in the middle of the garage floor with ample room in the garage for the boxes to be stacked up along the wall. In fact, thats exactly how this resolved. And hmm... yes Amy's half of the office is a pigsty but.... that other half was completely clear. I have a feeling a lot of "OMG Chris needs room, will Amy choose him or the hoard?" storyline is... just that. The garage was NOT that bad. The office wasn't unworkable (agree much too messy but again, the one side was clearly cleared out.)

I think this is mostly made up storylines. 

Totally fake drama if you can call it that lol.....all the time during this episode and last they talked about those few boxes in the garage, they could have been put away in less time.  If this is what they come up with for a storyline for Amy & Chris I'm sure their days are numbered....maybe they can make a guest appearance once a season.

Edited by endure
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I have the garage on the TV screen right now.  The line of boxes and stuff looks completely staged/set dressed to me.  A lot of them are just boxes.  Contents aren't show just boxes with the flaps open.  Most of the things on shelves on the sides are in plastic bins.  Maybe they kept some of the packing stuff just to make this scene.  

I'm not saying Amy is the neatest person in the world, but this season seems very much scraping around to find material for episodes.  

I kind of expect the treasure pit was dug out and refilled as soon as the cameras were being packed up.  

I just didn't understand the sandbox, why such a big hole?  Was that where the tower was they knocked down the week before?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, endure said:

I just didn't understand the sandbox, why such a big hole?  Was that where the tower was they knocked down the week before?

I don't think it was on the tower site, I think it was relatively close to the homes on the farm.

Why is it so big and why is Matt filling it with actual coinage etc as treasure? Because Matt is always "GO BIG OR GO HOME!" because Matt basically likes to buy affection by providing the biggest and best treats. If this show runs for longer, I firmly expect Matt to grab 7 year old Jackson (and just Jackson) and have a little episode where the sandbox is dug out by helpers while he and Jackson watch - with Jackson allowed to dig a little but most of the heavy lifting being done by others - so Matt can grind home how awesome he is to provide "the grandkids" with such an awesome fun time. This isn't about the grandkids or Jackson - none of whom are old enough to even really understand the concept of finding treasure (and very adult orientated treasure at that) - its about Matt showing off to the public how he's the best granddad because he's writing special letters and staging events for one grandchild to participate in. 

Jackson has a special customized airplane playset. Jackson has a special chicken coop prepped for him. Jackson gets invited to the special treasure planting in the sandbox. Even if we can't see the other grandkids due to parents request - where are Ember and Bodie and Lilah's special fun places insisted on by Matt? The kids will notice this as they get older.

• Love 8

Amy claimed more than once during her "lives" that the show is not scripted and she even worries a little about what her man might say during filming.   Also, during the discussion about the boxes and clutter, she got red and teary eyed.  She was genuinely upset or she was lying about it not being scripted.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

Amy claimed more than once during her "lives" that the show is not scripted and she even worries a little about what her man might say during filming.   Also, during the discussion about the boxes and clutter, she got red and teary eyed.  She was genuinely upset or she was lying about it not being scripted.  

I felt like things were beginning to hit a little too close to the bone for Amy.   It's hard to tell up or down, left from right because I know so much of it is contrived to put on a show, but I do think Amy may have some issues underlying the messiness and her clutter/hoarding.   Almost feels like it's a defense mechanism for her somehow, putting up walls.

• Love 6

I think the network requires them to say/pretend that the shows aren't scripted.  

I love one story Jacob told after he left the show.  They were having a family bonfire and he was not shown.  Except he was right there just off camera during the filming portion.   After the epsode aired, people asked where he was.  He laughed about being there and how the show does NOT show reality.

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, readheaded said:

I saw last night’s show and Tori is showing us her whole ass. Zach wasn’t articulating it well, but I understood where he was coming from about him taking Jackson to the doctor. He’d likely be able to ask the most informed questions because of his personal experience with the surgery and get the best sense of what’s in store for Jackson. I totally understand Tori wanting to be there, but telling Jackson to call his father a “crazy loon” was beyond the pale disrespectful. It was like she couldn’t understand at all why Zach might be the better choice to take Jackson. I wonder if they could have had whichever parent who didn’t go be on speaker phone when the doctor discussed next steps? 

I agree...Tori was out of line. Zach should have been the parent to go to this appointment. Tori likes to be in control of everything. She overrules Zach on decisions about anything pertaining to the kids. He's henpecked. This will create a lot of resentment in Zach over time...he needs to step up and not let her run rough shod over him at every turn.

• Love 7

I mean, the show is obviously scripted - too many events are clearly performances for the cameras.

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I think the network requires them to say/pretend that the shows aren't scripted.  

I love one story Jacob told after he left the show.  They were having a family bonfire and he was not shown.  Except he was right there just off camera during the filming portion.   After the epsode aired, people asked where he was.  He laughed about being there and how the show does NOT show reality.

This. I recall also that in the Noah's Ark episode, it's Matt driving to the scene after Amy calls the cops on the inspector, but in fact, while not seen, Caryn was present and actually drove Matt.

All I know? The garage "hoard" was a small row of boxes that were easily stored on a rack and the office was messier than I'd like but room did get made for Chris. It all resolved in what, two episodes? Feels a little exaggerated, if "scripted" is going too far.

All the Roloffs have been guilty of the "Oh goodness, its not scripted" lie.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I don't think it was on the tower site, I think it was relatively close to the homes on the farm.

Why is it so big and why is Matt filling it with actual coinage etc as treasure? Because Matt is always "GO BIG OR GO HOME!" because Matt basically likes to buy affection by providing the biggest and best treats. If this show runs for longer, I firmly expect Matt to grab 7 year old Jackson (and just Jackson) and have a little episode where the sandbox is dug out by helpers while he and Jackson watch - with Jackson allowed to dig a little but most of the heavy lifting being done by others - so Matt can grind home how awesome he is to provide "the grandkids" with such an awesome fun time. This isn't about the grandkids or Jackson - none of whom are old enough to even really understand the concept of finding treasure (and very adult orientated treasure at that) - its about Matt showing off to the public how he's the best granddad because he's writing special letters and staging events for one grandchild to participate in. 

Jackson has a special customized airplane playset. Jackson has a special chicken coop prepped for him. Jackson gets invited to the special treasure planting in the sandbox. Even if we can't see the other grandkids due to parents request - where are Ember and Bodie and Lilah's special fun places insisted on by Matt? The kids will notice this as they get older.

You might be right, but we don’t see Ember because she’s s not on the show.  Usually sandboxes are enjoyed by mostly toddler aged kids it keeps them contained & entertained.  I guess Matt is looking into their future at it becoming a treasure hunt spot and by that time Jackson will have his own operating mini backhoe to unearth the treasures he threw into the dig back in the day?  Matt should hide treasures throughout the farm and draw a cryptic map for the grandkids.  Regardless the concept of a kids sandbox was lost to me.  I have to say the scene of Jackson driving off in his mini jeep was pretty sweet.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, endure said:

You might be right, but we don’t see Ember because she’s s not on the show.

Agreed but we also don't see special playsets being built for Ember. "Oh this? Its Ember's special playhouse for when she visits" - thats all it takes. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

My heart aches for these 2 children and all the surgeries They will have to go through, all the mental and emotional and physical problems they are going to have in life. Lila does not look well at all and I thought it was very odd that When Amy asked how her doctors appointment went Tori said it’s fine except for the eye issue. Last week she said Lila was behind in some ways. It does seem that she is very slowly progressing for her age. Also her head is quite large & not having seen a lot of dwarfs in my life except on the show it seems to be abnormally so?. If I’m wrong I apologize.  Tori & Zack  both have a lifetime of problems ahead of them as it stands. it will be interesting to see future pregnancies or not. 

I agree...Lilah does not look well...her coloring, her extraordinarily large head, her inability to sit up at nine months, etc...it's all very concerning but Tori and Zach just seem to be downplaying it. I hope they have good health insurance because these two children are going to need a lot of medical help and procedures that will be quite pricey.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Chris did say they might as well make the shelves for Amy's hoard, as he realizes that not one box will ever leave that house. Amy acted coy, like a young girl. I get the impression that she thinks she is hot? Odd for a 60 year old over weight dwarf? Or is it just me?

She had that cutsie sheepish grin on her face. Ugh! That's why I now think the messy garage is all scripted BS, I have seen many garages in more of a mess than that with the interior of the house very clean. Not talking about my garage or anything. Ha!

This is slowly going to evolve in to the ever boring Zach, Tori and kids Dr's appointments show with a few minutes of Amy, Chris, Matt and Caryn. Once Amy's wedding is over what else do those two have going on? We will probably get another season out of the wedding prep, disagreements and stress of it all. After that is done what else? As for Matt and Caryn they already have nothing going on. They are all pretty much settling in to normal, mundane lives so time to say bye bye.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I found it really sad that the whole "treasure in the sandbox" thing was theoretically meant for all the grandchildren but only Jackson was invited to the fun event. 

Also the kids will need the same track hoe that dug that pit to actually find that treasure. 

Jackson is def Matt's favorite grandchild...he barely notices Lilah and never mentions the other two grandchildren. That pit he made is atrocious...why does everyone make a big deal about every cockamamie thing Matt creates? His ideas aren't necessarily bad but the way he actually builds them is technically bad and poorly executed. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Jackson is def Matt's favorite grandchild...he barely notices Lilah and never mentions the other two grandchildren.

Like I said previously the kids will notice this eventually.

13 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

That pit he made is atrocious...why does everyone make a big deal about every cockamamie thing Matt creates? His ideas aren't necessarily bad but the way he actually builds them is technically bad and poorly executed. 

Its not atrocious, just way too deep to be safely dug up by a child. And Matt's projects tend to be universally praised until they go sideways. Go over to the Matt thread and you can see how Matt buying some custom chairs turned into "Matt starts large money making businesses like his amazing furniture deal while Amy scratches for pennies".

For the record - there does not appear to be any "furniture deal" aside from Matt buying some chairs from a long running established business. 

I think the buried treasure idea is fun, I really do. But all of the grandkids are too young for it yet and the pit really is too deep for safety.  IMO anyway. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Agreed but we also don't see special playsets being built for Ember. "Oh this? Its Ember's special playhouse for when she visits" - thats all it takes. 

It was cute when at least Jackson mentioned Ember!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Three of the four Roloff kids decided the show wasn’t for them.   They all grew up on the show but when it came their turn to say yeah or nay they left. 

These shows are tough on families. 

I think Matt favors Zack and his family because they are the show!  If Zack and Tori would have said no there would be no show. 

Matt and Caryn, Amy and Chris all depend on Zack and family for their checks $$$$.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I got the impression that Matt expects the grandkids to dig up the treasures when they’re quite a bit older... he mentioned that he might be dead by the time they dig it up... I don’t think Matt plans on dying anytime soon so if that’s the case Jackson might be a tween or older before any digging down to find the treasures and time capsules takes place.... that’s usually the way capsule digs go, you don’t bury them and dig it up immediately... it’s typically many years later.... there won’t be any toddlers or small children digging them up so the depth won’t be that much of a problem.

as far as Lilahs head goes when Tori was getting ready to deliver Lilah she pointed out how she’ll have to go through another cesarean section like she did with Jackson because dwarf babies are typically delivered that way because of their large heads.... so it isn’t a matter of her tiny body making it look like her head is large... her head is actually larger than a non-dwarf child.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I got the impression that Matt expects the grandkids to dig up the treasures when they’re quite a bit older... he mentioned that he might be dead by the time they dig it up...

He's played the "I might die" card since 2005 ;)

I don’t think Matt plans on dying anytime soon so if that’s the case Jackson might be a tween or older before any digging down to find the treasures and time capsules takes place.... that’s usually the way capsule digs go, you don’t bury them and dig it up immediately... it’s typically many years later.... there won’t be any toddlers or small children digging them up so the depth won’t be that much of a problem.

Unless the show needs a story idea which frankly it might.  Now don't get me wrong - I personally consider it more of a time capsule thing myself, but Matt's calling it "buried treasure" and going on about how kids love to dig for buried treasure -they do but they tend to outgrow it by their tweens. I'd probably like it better if it was called a time capsule and a particular date was set for the grandkids to gather and open it. Right now its a willy nilly whoever finds it first thing.

as far as Lilahs head goes when Tori was getting ready to deliver Lilah she pointed out how she’ll have to go through another cesarean section like she did with Jackson because dwarf babies are typically delivered that way because of their large heads.... so it isn’t a matter of her tiny body making it look like her head is large... her head is actually larger than a non-dwarf child.

I agree dwarf kids have bigger heads but I don't think Lilah is unusual. Jackson had a big out of proportion head too.

image.png.222ff358cb605c6162d3797b5dc6993c.png

Now he actually looks a lot more proportional than Zach did.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Maybe he should just bury the deed for the farm on the farm and whichever adult child finds it gets the farm?

What an episode that would be!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Like I said previously the kids will notice this eventually.

Its not atrocious, just way too deep to be safely dug up by a child. And Matt's projects tend to be universally praised until they go sideways. Go over to the Matt thread and you can see how Matt buying some custom chairs turned into "Matt starts large money making businesses like his amazing furniture deal while Amy scratches for pennies".

For the record - there does not appear to be any "furniture deal" aside from Matt buying some chairs from a long running established business. 

I think the buried treasure idea is fun, I really do. But all of the grandkids are too young for it yet and the pit really is too deep for safety.  IMO anyway. 

Some of his other “projects” were poorly made and fell apart or were just plain dangerous. The buried treasure idea (or time capsule) is cute but that pit is ridiculous and that’s not a sandbox that’s a sand pit.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

What small child will be allowed to play in an uncovered sand pit? it will be full of animal poop.

I think he said something about covering it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Jackson is def Matt's favorite grandchild...he barely notices Lilah and never mentions the other two grandchildren. That pit he made is atrocious...why does everyone make a big deal about every cockamamie thing Matt creates? His ideas aren't necessarily bad but the way he actually builds them is technically bad and poorly executed. 

Maybe he sees a bit of himself in Jackson and thinks of him as a mini me. He’s also more interactive since he’s older and seems to enjoy everything on the farm. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

He's henpecked. This will create a lot of resentment in Zach over time...he needs to step up and not let her run rough shod over him at every turn.

I don't think Zach is temperamentally equipped or desirous of "rocking the boat" with Tori because their relationship is built upon the dynamic we see each week and that's what apparently works for them.  

There are many couples I know where the wife "runs the show" and the husband acknowledges and accepts his role as the more reticent one in the marriage.  These are very long-standing marriages.  I also know couples where the husband is dominant and the wife more placid and "laid back."

I am divorced, myself, because I had the latter type of husband and after a long marriage and my children grown, I tired of many of his traits and was fortunate enough to have been a successful professional with a long career that allowed me to retire with peace and tranquility and financial security.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Maybe he sees a bit of himself in Jackson and thinks of him as a mini me. He’s also more interactive since he’s older and seems to enjoy everything on the farm. 

Ember is about the same age…I’m sure she’s as verbal as he is and maybe even speaks better.

1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

I don't think Zach is temperamentally equipped or desirous of "rocking the boat" with Tori because their relationship is built upon the dynamic we see each week and that's what apparently works for them.  

There are many couples I know where the wife "runs the show" and the husband acknowledges and accepts his role as the more reticent one in the marriage.  These are very long-standing marriages.  I also know couples where the husband is dominant and the wife more placid and "laid back."

I am divorced, myself, because I had the latter type of husband and after a long marriage and my children grown, I tired of many of his traits and was fortunate enough to have been a successful professional with a long career that allowed me to retire with peace and tranquility and financial security.

I think Zach has the ability to veto some of her stuff but chooses his battles. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Ember is about the same age…I’m sure she’s as verbal as he is and maybe even speaks better.

She does. But Ember isn't a spear bearer for the tribe so she's a nothing. Only children with boy parts really matter. See Matt's facial expression fall when its revealed Jeremy's first child won't have a penis. Also remember that he turned immediately to Zach and said "Jake will be king of the farm". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4