Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It was thoughtful of you to make the bolder part clear.  Thanks.

Way back when the show first started, I looked forward to how a dwarf couple ("Little People") adapted to life in a world that is designed for people who are not little ("Big World").  I'm only 1.5" taller than the official designation of "little person" and I do struggle sometimes with shopping, etc., in a world that's "too high" for me.

Over the years, it became obvious to me that Amy was unhappy.  It may have been partially because of her choice of a spouse, or how she was parented as a child (her father comes across as VERY critical).  But it became difficult to watch, and I eventually stopped.

The biggest problem for me was how she seemed to set an example for her kids in a lack of just human respect for Matt.  She badmouthed him to her (and his) kids, and found fault in pretty much everything he did. 

Was/is he perfect?  Absolutely NOT.  I can see where aspects of his personality could be tiresome on a daily basis.  But he has a lot of physical challenges that are more restrictive than his height.  He has to use crutches around the house, or a medical scooter in places like airports.  But he held down a job and worked toward a vision of building a farm for himself and his family.

Amy impeded him pretty much every step of the way.  What I found particularly offensive was when he asked her to keep walkways clear in the house so that he could maneuver with his crutches.  Why should that request even have been necessary?  How many of us have so much crap all over the place that people can't maneuver around it?  It takes a lot of selfishness and nastiness in a person to ignore a request like that, but Amy pretty much did.

Sadly, I see her exhibiting a lot of those same behaviors lately towards Chris.  She appears to be angry at HIM because he's asking her to make room for him in her 4-bedroom house with a double garage.  And heaven forbid she would have a casual wedding (which he wants), rather than the formal affair with gowns and tuxes that she wants.  She even derided him for wanting to be able to change into comfortable clothes for the reception.  Nope . . . he has to stay in the tux all day.  

Her kitchen seems fairly tidy when she does her cooking videos, but that's because the videos are important to her.  What on earth does she have crammed into 3 bedrooms and a garage that is more important to her than making "her man" feel welcome?  

And yet, she turns around and mutters under her breath that she "fells like she is back at the farm" because Chris basically made a request like Matt's:  "Make room for me, please."

It's sad.  

I wish I could like this 1000 times! 

• Love 14

I wouldn't want to be married to Matt. I think he's a jerk who is missing more 'sensitivity chips' than Brad Pitt. Having said that, at least he's moving on with his life. He's Caryn's problem now.

I know much of the show is fake, but even if you believe the producers are exaggerating Amy's negative personality traits - the bitterness, the hoarding, the inability to make space for Chris - it still means she's allowing herself to be portrayed that way, which is really sad.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I wouldn't want to be married to Matt. I think he's a jerk who is missing more 'sensitivity chips' than Brad Pitt. Having said that, at least he's moving on with his life. He's Caryn's problem now.

I mostly agree - Matt is definitely missing some sensitivity chips. Check out the Matt thread, I put up a link to a video where he discusses Jacob's molestation and its eye opening. He's very quick to push a storyline different than Jacob's (Jacob in his talk about it says the abuser reached out to him in 2015 "years after" the abuse - while Matt was stating the abuse took place in 2015 - Jacob would have been 17-18 then, not the 10-13 he would have been when Chris Cardamone actually worked on the show. Matt also insisted it only happened once, and certainly NOT ON THE FARM, and he had no idea this ever happened until two days before the reveal by Jacob in Dec 2020. Most of Matt's concern was for how people dared believe that he took out a PPE loan simply because the media said so. That certainly got more airtime.

There's also something a little creepy about how Matt just threw away his marriage with a smile and a "well, I'm happier now!" - Matt's never expressed a moment of concern for what the kids might think of the situation - he wanted out and now he's happy and the kids? Don't even rate a "whatever".

He's also pretty darn quick in these episodes to make sure we all know how cheap Zach is and how Zach is just like his mother, and hmmm Zach thinks he can run the farm but Matt knows better! He's running his son down on national television, the only son apparently willing to follow in his footsteps.

I completely agree Amy is allowing herself to be portrayed badly and I personally think the smartest thing she could do... and frankly something that would upset Matt's little apple cart, is to quit the show and take Jacob's route and ask she not be discussed. Let Matt have the show. See how he likes providing storylines. 

• Love 12

Amy's rudeness, selfishness and horrible treatment of Matt is what made me stop watching this show years ago. The woman has zero charisma, is loathsome in every way. If she left the show, I along with many others, just might start watching again and it may be a ratings bonanza.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Someone said Chris should pick one of the spare bedrooms for an office? Amy has filled the garage, basement, office, table they eat on, and most likely any space that isn't seen on camera with her hoard. What makes anyone think she hasn't filled those extra bed rooms to the brim too? Living in her constant messes would be quite stressful for a normal person.

• Love 12

Kind of like how Matt filled the extra bedroom in his home? To where it had to be cleaned out? I remember that episode, and  the several episodes where we find out the barns are filled to the brim with Matt's "treasures".  The hoarding is strong in both of these people.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Does Chris want to move into Matt's House? I don't understand what his hoarding has to do with poor Chris not being given any space in Amy's house?

Agree, what Matt did in his house or still does has nothing to do with Amy and her man's issues with space in their new home.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Agree, what Matt did in his house or still does has nothing to do with Amy and her man's issues with space in their new home.  

It's not like Caryn is complaining on the show that there's no room for her in Matt's house(s).  She's shown doing things like making happy memories with Jackson and enjoying time with Matt's family.  

She seems to be going with the flow of life as an almost-Roloff.  In the meantime, Chris is struggling to swim upstream and avoid riptides.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

This recent episode was filmed last summer and Chris is still engaged to Amy... so I kinda suspect they worked thru the events portrayed.

Hoarding isn't a mentally healthy behavior. That no one complains about Matt's hoarding doesn't mean he doesn't have a problem.... if we are genuinely concerned about hoarding anyway. The bedroom filled to the brim was eye opening to me on who in the Roloff family had a mess problem.

• Love 5
On 5/25/2021 at 10:20 PM, scenicbyway said:

So, Chris has never been married before…he doesn’t want to move into 4 bedroom house with a basement until the garage can fit 2 cars, bike and an empty office? Why not take one of the bedrooms for an office? Weird 

Men love their garages! I don’t blame him for wanting the garage mostly for himself besides Amy’s car. And having a motorcycle you really have to keep it in the garage. She is a hoarder she’s never going to not be a hoarder most likely he knows this the best he can do is try to make her clear out a space for him. It doesn’t seem like she wants to get rid of everything and by God she is a nasty woman. Also Chris doesn’t seem like he wants to move in he’s perfectly happy in his own house. these two,if they get married will surprise me and if they last more than a few years would be surprise number two. 

• Love 13
On 5/26/2021 at 4:22 PM, bichonblitz said:

I'm shocked at Amy's attitude towards Chris. She used to fall all over him and kiss his ass, so much has changed with their dynamic. Amy is sending clear signals that she's not ready to make Chris a full time part of her life and it doesn't seem Chris is ready for that, either, or it would have happened.

There is no reason why they need to get married. Just keep dating, keep your own places, continue to go on your motorcycle day trips and nice dinners and there will be no problems. I don't understand why when you are older and have your own financial independance you think you have to get married again (or in Chris' situation for the first time). 

Marriage is not at all it’s cracked up to be. I wish more women would think about this and keep their independence. Amy has it made with a beautiful house a shit load of money & her own independence she has Chris to come and go and hang out with and just be peaceful in her own home. 

• Love 15

Are seasons 1- ? available to view anywhere besides discovery plus which I don’t have and don’t want to pay for or Apple TV for a charge? Why the hell is this anyway how do they pick and choose which shows or seasons of shows they make you pay for specially things like this?  Its ridiculous. 

Can anyone direct me to any other forums where I can read and post about the show?  this one you can go through pretty fast. 

6 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Are seasons 1- ? available to view anywhere besides discovery plus which I don’t have and don’t want to pay for or Apple TV for a charge? Why the hell is this anyway how do they pick and choose which shows or seasons of shows they make you pay for specially things like this?  Its ridiculous. 

Can anyone direct me to any other forums where I can read and post about the show?  this one you can go through pretty fast. 

I was going to suggest a library, as many of them have entire series of TV shows on DVD.  But I searched the three local library systems to which I belong, and NONE of them have LPBW.  

As far as forums to discuss, this one is the best.  LOL.  You can check out Facebook pages for the show, or pro-Amy or pro-Matt, but they can get pretty contentious.  Our mods do a great job of making sure we snark on the show . . . not on each other's opinions.

• Love 7

I think with Zach and Tori moving to the farm is all about keeping the show going and focusing on them raising little people. It will be called Little People Big World - the new generation or some crap like that.

Amy still holds resentment for Matt, which I understand, but it consumes her all the time, now comparing Chris to being back at the farm, man he should run. Chris needs to face it, that will  never be his house, even after he moves in, and I know Amy will always hold that over his head, because she never lets anything go. I found it interesting that Caryn had to bring up that she was not a gold digger, well if you have to say your not, you know its probably true. 

As for the arm chair interior designer I am, I see a lot of wasted space in Amy's house. And it bugs me to no end that her coffee table is 6 feet from her couch, I need a convenient spot to rest my wine glass while watching this shit show and the plethora of other craptastic reality junk on tv, because it makes my life seem like heaven.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

You know, I just had the time to watch the Amy/Chris "move-in" segments. I don't know if this "reality show" is really a scripted-story line written show or if it is really what is going on in this family's lives. Does the real Chris actually want to marry Amy and does he really feel that there is no room in the new house for him? Or are the writers writing for Amy to act like she is a lazy organizer who can't part with her treasurers and not make room for her future husband?

If it is true that Amy can't or won't clean up her house for Chris, and he just doesn't feel comfortable in that house full time, Chris really needs to back out of the marriage. After all, isn't a large part of marriage being able to live with one another in a home day after day? It is more of that than anything. He stated that when he was back at his house, he missed her when he went to bed at night and in the morning. This would make me, if I were Amy, feel like all I was to him was a bed partner, not a desired day to day wife to him. He needs to realize that he would marry a woman who leans on being sloppy and unorganized; one who doesn't get the 'job done'....like going through those awful boxes. Nine months?? It was nine months and she still had that junk in the garage and extra bedroom? Chris needed to take note of Amy's tone with him. She was fuming and looked it. Like I stated here above, I don't know if this is fake for the sake of the writers of this show or if this is actually real. If real, Wake Up Chris....and dump her now or keep the relationship as a dating relationship. Each of you has your own front door to close at night or when you want to. No need to get married. Just my opinion. Thanks for 'listening'!

• Love 16

Maybe Chris finds in Amy the family he never had. I don’t believe he’s ever been married. He now has meals and baking, the show to do and family dropping in often. 

He’s no longer alone on holidays and they seem to share many of the same friends. 

Being alone when you grow older is certainly different than living the younger, single life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 9:37 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

I want to know what the heck is keeping her so damn busy that she can’t go through boxes. And don’t say wedding planning!

Making cooking videos is probably keeping her pretty busy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

You know, I just had the time to watch the Amy/Chris "move-in" segments. I don't know if this "reality show" is really a scripted-story line written show or if it is really what is going on in this family's lives.

A raft load of it is fake.  The "signing the farm papers" was all strictly scripted.  The real paperwork would have been done in an office with a notary.   Who knows what Amy really thought about doing the paperwork?  Matt probably wasn't even present when she did it.  When I sold my mother's house, the escrow/title people specifically made my appointment an hour before the buyers' appointment so we wouldn't run into each other.  

• Useful 3

Yeah, any time Matt and Amy are signing legal paperwork by themselves (and the camera crew) and no one else, the paperwork was already signed  and they're just having a scene for the camera. 

Honestly most of the scenes in the last few episodes feel very staged. "Lets go paint the new chicken coop and discuss how I am NOT a gold digger" for example or "Lets talk about the kids state of health in front of the cameras". 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Marriage is not at all it’s cracked up to be. I wish more women would think about this and keep their independence. Amy has it made with a beautiful house a shit load of money & her own independence she has Chris to come and go and hang out with and just be peaceful in her own home. 

I don't understand why they have to get married. They both have their own money, she has her own house, why not stay together and not get married, keep their own spaces the way that they each like them to be kept?  See each other when they want to, still go on trips and the adventures they want to share with each other, but don't get married! There is no way in the world that I would ever get married again-never, ever! You can still love and be loved and spend quality time together, without getting married. That would be the very last thing I would ever do! Getting married will only cause problems between the 2 of them and I very much doubt the marriage will even last very long. Silly woman with her teen dream wedding.

• Love 13

I don’t think living together is an option.... it presents a problem for Amy if they aren’t married because she has a fairly religious persona online and she’s been openly against people living together outside of marriage.

she only agreed to Chris moving in after they were engaged, she had a ring on her finger and a public promise of marriage in the near future.

Jer and Auj heads would explode 🤯 

• LOL 9

It seems like little Lilah had some serious issues. Hard enough for her to be a dwarf with all the issues that go along with that. But it seems she is failing in some ways. Can’t even sit or crawl. Poor baby. 

Most older couples I know do not marry because marriage complicates inheritance and financial issues. The grown kids don't cluck their disapproval because they make out better without a step-parent in the arrangement. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Most older couples I know do not marry because marriage complicates inheritance and financial issues. The grown kids don't cluck their disapproval because they make out better without a step-parent in the arrangement. 

This is true for a few couples I know. They keep everything separate and don’t marry— whilst still enjoying a good and satisfying relationship.

Amy ‘s children don’t seem to mind that Matt and Caryn aren’t married, yet share the same living quarters. Why should they care whether Amy and Chris marry? If it were me at this stage in life, I wouldn’t marry nor live together (assuming finances allowed for separate residences)— that way you both can go to your own house when you get on each other’s nerves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Adiba said:

This is true for a few couples I know. They keep everything separate and don’t marry— whilst still enjoying a good and satisfying relationship.

And Matt hopefully remembers the wife gets half if they divorce and he doesn't have a pre-nup. Likewise if he doesn't have a will being very specific. 

9 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Amy ‘s children don’t seem to mind that Matt and Caryn aren’t married, yet share the same living quarters. Why should they care whether Amy and Chris marry?

Because they're judgmental pricks and likely afraid to piss off Daddy Matt who controls their inheritance now. That's why Jer and Auj were all grins and happiness for Matt shacking up with Caryn his lover and frowny faces and anger for Amy doing the same with Chris.  Little tip, Jer-Bear, Daddy Matt fucking Caryn out of wedlock is just as much against your stated morality as Amy banging Chris like the dwarf prostitute in Total Recall. Funny how Daddy Matt dangles the farm and Jeremy's Jesus nonsense just gets pushed aside.

Zach has a touch of this as well, the "Mommy is wrong but I'm not gonna say boo about Daddy doing it too." 

31 minutes ago, Adiba said:

If it were me at this stage in life, I wouldn’t marry nor live together (assuming finances allowed for separate residences)— that way you both can go to your own house when you get on each other’s nerves.

I completely agree but frankly Amy is more religious than I and her kids and likely other family members are shaming her for being divorced, so I doubt she can be happy with a friends with benefits relationship. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Amy ‘s children don’t seem to mind that Matt and Caryn aren’t married, yet share the same living quarters. Why should they care whether Amy and Chris marry? If it were me at this stage in life, I wouldn’t marry nor live together (assuming finances allowed for separate residences)— that way you both can go to your own house when you get on each other’s nerves.

You would also lose Social Security and pension rights from your ex-husband

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/28/2021 at 7:20 AM, Jenny8 said:

Amy's rudeness, selfishness and horrible treatment of Matt is what made me stop watching this show years ago. The woman has zero charisma, is loathsome in every way. If she left the show, I along with many others, just might start watching again and it may be a ratings bonanza.

Matt's an asshole. I would be a miserable too if I was married to him.

• Love 11
On 5/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, chediavolo said:

Seems like Chris is looking for a reason not to move in. A few boxes in the garage are the problem? The house looks tidy and well kept...she even says she's going to get a storage unit and he shoots that down with some negative response? Seems to me this guy is having second thoughts on the whole thing and is putting up roadblocks. Afterall, he's a lifelong bachelor...Amy seems happy with the arrangement the way it is now...she has her own space, a beautiful backyard, her friends, family and Chris can come and go as he pleases and she likes her independence. He's getting cold feet and putting the onus on her and some boxes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Matt's an asshole. I would be a miserable too if I was married to him.

There is that, yes. ;)

I guess I wasn't raised to believe that as a wife, my role was to say "Yes sir, husband sir!" to everything my man did.  Now, was Amy a perfect wife? Oh hell no, but Matt was hardly a perfect husband. I've always been willing to address Amy's flaws but I never see anyone willing to concede that maybe Matt doesn't always make the best choices.

Here's an example. Back when they were married, Matt surprised Amy by buying - at auction so no returns - two Mercedes, one for him and one for her. Amy was annoyed that he spent 40k+ on cars they didn't need and that he didn't consult her on. Amy was pretty much deemed an ungrateful bitch for not dropping to her knees and blowing him in thanks, and why didn't that miserable bitch just be happy that her man did something nice for her?

1. He wanted a mercedes, and bought two. 

2. She was never asked what she wanted.

3. She wasn't consulted over a significant monetary expense.

4. Matt then played the martyr with how he was just trying to do something nice and people give him sympathy for his nasty wife not being grateful. 

This happened all the time - Matt spent money without consulting her, and then played the victim when she got mad. I sometimes wonder how charming and sweet people would find this behavior if they were the partner who was expected to simply nod and say thank you and get no say in the decision making.

I'm absolutely certain by the way, that someone will cite an example of Amy being a bitch and I am sure she was... but again, I wouldn't put up with Matt's behavior in a marriage and I am honestly shocked by the number of fans who think a woman's place is to simply agree with her man and not question him ever. 

11 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Seems like Chris is looking for a reason not to move in. A few boxes in the garage are the problem? The house looks tidy and well kept...she even says she's going to get a storage unit and he shoots that down with some negative response? Seems to me this guy is having second thoughts on the whole thing and is putting up roadblocks.

I honestly don't find that shocking. Its a big decision he's making, and frankly now is the time to establish some boundaries, so to speak. I do agree the house looks tidy and well kept - some of the hooha is a little excessive. That said, I do see his point about things not being dealt with. If she does want him to move in, he's going to come with more than the shirt on his back so she does need to make room for him. 

Honestly I thought a storage unit was an ideal situation. Amy keeps her stuff and can theoretically sort thru it later. It's not Chris paying the monthly storage charge. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I am honestly shocked by the number of fans who think a woman's place is to simply agree with her man and not question him ever. 

These “fans” must be elsewhere.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

These “fans” must be elsewhere.

Exactly .. I can only speak for myself and I’m not an Amy fan (I was when I first started posting here and if you look at my older posts it proves who I favoured at that time) and I’m well aware that Matt has been an ass.

I’ve also said more than once that I think Caryn is a gold digger, I think she enjoys spending time with Matt but I don’t think she’d be with him if didn’t have a TV show and $$$$$

I had to laugh when Caryn explained that she didn’t do any projects while Amy was still on the farm because she didn’t want to step on her toes... thats a laugh since if we’re  to believe Amy...Caryn had no problem screwing around with Amy’s husband.... I’m sure Amy would have preferred a “project” over Caryn flirting etc with her hubby.

I’ve never said that I thought Matt was an innocent little mouse sitting in the corner trembling in fear, I’m well aware that he’s capable of being LOUD and a bully!

it’s just that over time Amy’s constant bitching and pessimistic personality started to eat away at the original sympathy I had for her and now she’s doing the same thing with Chris.... I have friends that were cheated on and were treated so horrible MUCH WORSE than anything Amy has dealt with and they didn’t have a nice nest egg to walk away with, they didn’t have a TV show or fame to fall back on and they also didn’t have a Prince Charming like Chris swoop them off their feet but neither of them are as bitter and bitchy as Amy.

she has a caustic and negative personality (like her dad) that grates on my nerves and I simply can’t feel sorry for her anymore and over time I’ve found Matt easier to listen to.

neither of them are perfect by any means!

• Love 22
6 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

There is that, yes. ;)

I guess I wasn't raised to believe that as a wife, my role was to say "Yes sir, husband sir!" to everything my man did.  Now, was Amy a perfect wife? Oh hell no, but Matt was hardly a perfect husband. I've always been willing to address Amy's flaws but I never see anyone willing to concede that maybe Matt doesn't always make the best choices.

Here's an example. Back when they were married, Matt surprised Amy by buying - at auction so no returns - two Mercedes, one for him and one for her. Amy was annoyed that he spent 40k+ on cars they didn't need and that he didn't consult her on. Amy was pretty much deemed an ungrateful bitch for not dropping to her knees and blowing him in thanks, and why didn't that miserable bitch just be happy that her man did something nice for her?

1. He wanted a mercedes, and bought two. 

2. She was never asked what she wanted.

3. She wasn't consulted over a significant monetary expense.

4. Matt then played the martyr with how he was just trying to do something nice and people give him sympathy for his nasty wife not being grateful. 

This happened all the time - Matt spent money without consulting her, and then played the victim when she got mad. I sometimes wonder how charming and sweet people would find this behavior if they were the partner who was expected to simply nod and say thank you and get no say in the decision making.

I'm absolutely certain by the way, that someone will cite an example of Amy being a bitch and I am sure she was... but again, I wouldn't put up with Matt's behavior in a marriage and I am honestly shocked by the number of fans who think a woman's place is to simply agree with her man and not question him ever. 

I honestly don't find that shocking. Its a big decision he's making, and frankly now is the time to establish some boundaries, so to speak. I do agree the house looks tidy and well kept - some of the hooha is a little excessive. That said, I do see his point about things not being dealt with. If she does want him to move in, he's going to come with more than the shirt on his back so she does need to make room for him. 

Honestly I thought a storage unit was an ideal situation. Amy keeps her stuff and can theoretically sort thru it later. It's not Chris paying the monthly storage charge. 

Matt and Amy: Both had their flaws...they basically had a differences on alot of issues but the money thing was huge. Matt was a spender on "toys" and odd knick knacks for the farm and for himself. Amy was never consulted on many of these purchases and Matt even hid his knick knack stuff in a separate place...and there was a lot of it BTW. He seems to also have a thing for cars...new luxury cars and antique cars...also Mules. He must buy a couple of new ones every year. Now he's building a log "cabin" that serves zero purpose but it's something he's always wanted to do? Sounds simple enough but lumber is very expensive right now and he has to have a crew do the construction...I'm sure he'll be making a lot of expensive changes on it down the road. Don't know why that is being done instead of his "dream home" for him and Caryn. But living with that kind of frivolous spending without consulation or mutal decision making can make the other partner in the marriage feel left out and unimportant. That's Caryn's problem now.

As for the Chris situation...we haven't seen his home so we don't know how organized it is or how much stuff he's accrued in his years of bachelorhood so we can't pass judgement on this one way or another. Does Amy have a basement? If so, there should be plenty of room for Chris to bring his stuff over and store it there. I just don't see her boxes in the garage as a deal breaker...and it is HER home. And if she rents a storage unit then he should have no beefs. We have seen glimpses of Chris when something pisses him off and it can be the most picky thing...for all his Mr. Nice Guy laid back vibe I think there is finicky prickly guy in there somewhere that occasionally makes an appearance. There has been no talk of Chris selling his home or renting it...interesting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

There has been no talk of Chris selling his home or renting it...interesting.

Actually there has been talk about it, he sold his home and is trying to move into Amy's home on the show. (In real life I believe he's been moved in for a while now)

From what I saw of his home it looked neat and tidy and the outdoor areas looked well groomed, mowed lawn etc.... it was up for sale so maybe it was more organized than normal but somehow I think he probably kept it tidy because that seems to be an issue for him and Amy has said that Chris likes things organized and tidy.

He had a storage unit himself for his excess stuff and seemed to think it was a waste of money because the stuff just sits there and never gets used but you pay every month, that's what he was trying to tell Amy and why he didn't think a storage unit was the answer and it's better to just purge your old stuff because you'll never use it but it's an ongoing expense.... He knows she has a problem with getting rid of old stuff and he's trying to nudge her in that direction rather than let her just cart it off to another spot where it will sit unused.... Amy needs to listen and try not to take offense or start spitting insults when someone who obviously cares about her tries to nudge her in the right direction

I agree that he has a prickly side that raises it's ugly head every once in a while and that's one thing about him that I don't care for plus once he's upset it seems to take him a while to let it go and be happy again... Matt isn't perfect, neither is Chris.

• Love 12

I don't think that house has a basement which would be the perfect place for Amy's boxes that are in the garage.  They perhaps should have discussed the need for a clear garage for two cars and a motorcycle before Amy's boxes were ever unloaded into the garage.  Chris is going to have to adjust his view of people who move and everything is in place in days living with Amy.  Her mind doesn't work that way and no friendly nudges or helpful hints will change how she thinks.  It's hardwired.  Some people are extremely organized and others struggle with it.  I think it's a matter of being able to see it in the mind and one person sees the steps while others just see chaos or a mountain so high it defeats them before they begin.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I still find it odd that Amy and Chris didn't buy a house together. This house will always be hers and not Chris'. He will always be living in someone else's house and I believe that Amy will carry the attitude that she is 'letting him live there with HER'. A jointly-owned home for an engaged couple is better to move in to together.

She admitted that she was enjoying having her very own first home all by herself. I saw some hesitation with both of them about that changing. I don't think they should marry. If they do, I don't think they will stand the test of time together.

• Love 10

When Amy rolls down the aisle in that long white dress, I think there might be a loud collective gasp. And not in a nice way. Chris knows this, and is trying to talk her out out it. He is going to be embarrassed in front of his friends and family, who most likely already question his choice of a bride. No one will talk her out of it though, as Amy always gets her way in the end. Maybe she thinks Matt will be jealous when he sees her? Can't think of any other reason she would wear a white dress?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Can't think of any other reason she would wear a white dress?

Because women are fed the "white wedding" concept since early childhood, that this is what you are supposed to want, and if you don't have a fancy white wedding dress with a maid of honor, several bridesmaids and groomsmen, and everyone in fancy dress, then you aren't doing it right. 

I think its sad Amy has been thoroughly brainwashed on this but if you think this isn't still happening, guess again.  But lets not pretend our society hasn't been encouraging women to yearn for the white wedding dress and major ceremony for several generations now..There's an entire industry built up around encouraging women to insist on lavish expensive white weddings.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Maybe she thinks Matt will be jealous when he sees her? Can't think of any other reason she would wear a white dress?

I don't know what Amy thinks, but I think Matt is way past being jealous of anything Amy does.  Now that she has signed off on the ownership of the farm, I suspect Matt doesn't think about Amy at all.

• Love 11
(edited)
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

don't know what Amy thinks, but I think Matt is way past being jealous of anything Amy does.  Now that she has signed off on the ownership of the farm, I suspect Matt doesn't think about Amy at all.

I dunno, for a man who doesn't think about his ex at all, he seems very determined to constantly bring her up and force interaction with her. He was going on in the last episode how he loved the farm more than her, he doesn't think about her at all but there he is, offering the farm to her for her wedding even though he could shit care less what she does with herself... 

Don't get me wrong, I think the best thing Amy could do for herself is quit the show and stop interacting with Matt... but that honestly goes for him as well. 

Agree btw that Matt could care less about how fancy her second wedding is - he didn't care the first time, I can't believe he'd care now. I just don't think Amy is wanting to somehow "show Matt" when she chases the white wedding fantasy that we're told from a very early age that we're supposed to want.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Here in California basements are a rare find.  I think this is because of the possibility of earthquakes.  This might be true in Oregon and Washington as well.  

The big farmhouse had a basement,  It was full of Amy's crap, which she took most of with her to the new house.  The new house doesn't appear to have a basement.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Dreams of big white wedding dresses, bridesmaids and flowers girls are for young women.  If they want it.  Amy is almost 60 has 4 children and 4 grandchildren.  I doubt Chris is dreaming of tuxedos, groomsmen, and ring bearers even though this is his first wedding. The BS about him never being married is an excuse.  I was never told I was suppose to want the white wedding fantasy and I know plenty of other women who weren't either.  

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Dreams of big white wedding dresses, bridesmaids and flowers girls are for young women.  If they want it. 

This is no longer the rule. In fairness, I think this rule was dropped partly because demanding virginity was dropped as a requirement. That was what the white dress was supposed to signify - purity, virginity, innocence. I think its silly, personally, but dreams aren't age restricted.

15 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I was never told I was suppose to want the white wedding fantasy and I know plenty of other women who weren't either.  

Agree. I was never encouraged to want it either but  despite our individual experiences, there's a vast industry devoted to providing the white wedding fantasy so obviously the white wedding fantasy is being encouraged. Amy has always been traditional. and fancy white weddings are indeed traditional. 

To me? I'd rather spend the money on a new home or an extensive honeymoon and get married in shorts and a t-shirt but the heart wants what the heart wants. It doesn't offend me that someone who isn't a young girl wants a white wedding. 

And honestly, Chris needs to pick a choice and stick with it. If he's fine with Amy doing whatever traditionally, then he doesn't get to start with "well, I'd rather we just all grab a beer, wear Hawaiian shirts and eat popcorn during our vows" if he already agreed to the traditional wedding

• Love 4
On 5/28/2021 at 6:02 AM, winsomeone said:

Someone said Chris should pick one of the spare bedrooms for an office? Amy has filled the garage, basement, office, table they eat on, and most likely any space that isn't seen on camera with her hoard. What makes anyone think she hasn't filled those extra bed rooms to the brim too? Living in her constant messes would be quite stressful for a normal person.

Amy's new house has multiple bathrooms, including two that have double sinks.  I wonder if Chris has claimed one whole bathroom for his own so he doesn't have to see her "stuff" all over the countertop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Amy's new house has multiple bathrooms, including two that have double sinks.  I wonder if Chris has claimed one whole bathroom for his own so he doesn't have to see her "stuff" all over the countertop.

Why not? Seems silly to have multiple bathrooms but to insist the two people living in the house share one and leave the others unused.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Actually there has been talk about it, he sold his home and is trying to move into Amy's home on the show. (In real life I believe he's been moved in for a while now)

From what I saw of his home it looked neat and tidy and the outdoor areas looked well groomed, mowed lawn etc.... it was up for sale so maybe it was more organized than normal but somehow I think he probably kept it tidy because that seems to be an issue for him and Amy has said that Chris likes things organized and tidy.

He had a storage unit himself for his excess stuff and seemed to think it was a waste of money because the stuff just sits there and never gets used but you pay every month, that's what he was trying to tell Amy and why he didn't think a storage unit was the answer and it's better to just purge your old stuff because you'll never use it but it's an ongoing expense.... He knows she has a problem with getting rid of old stuff and he's trying to nudge her in that direction rather than let her just cart it off to another spot where it will sit unused.... Amy needs to listen and try not to take offense or start spitting insults when someone who obviously cares about her tries to nudge her in the right direction

I agree that he has a prickly side that raises it's ugly head every once in a while and that's one thing about him that I don't care for plus once he's upset it seems to take him a while to let it go and be happy again... Matt isn't perfect, neither is Chris.

I never heard anything about him selling his house or ever saw his house on the show...did I miss an episode or two? Didn't think I had....Look...I get what he's trying to do but you have to pick your battles. She's come a long way on keeping things organized in her new home and if it makes her feel better to put some stuff in storage and then revisit the storage unit in a year and purge it, then that seems reasonable for both parties. Marriage is about compromise...they both have to make adjustments in their thinking in order to make their relationship work. I didn't think Amy spit insults at him...was she defensive? Yes...but she didn't spit an insult at him. 

• Love 2