Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E37: Live Eviction #14

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Poor Julie...she was desperatly trying to get a rise out Kevin regarding the Paul revelation but Kevin is such weak sauce he has no reaction whatsoever....clearly he didn't want to win this game all season. his spot should have gone to someone else...maybe someone who would have risen up and joined Cody against Paul.

Someone in the live feed thread had predicted Kevin would be bitter and I said, no he would go down praising Paul, and sure enough, even as he went out the door he was talking about Paul and all the stress he had been under. Kevin is a total toady, the prime sycophant in a season of sycophants. All season long, he proudly DR'd that he didn't know what Paul's plan was but that he trusted him completely -- and the minute Paul betrayed that trust? It was excused because "Paul stays up late with those other two."  

Seeing a 56 year-old man bow to a 23 year-old as though he himself was honored to do his bidding was sickening to me.  I don't see anything classy about Kevin. I see him as the lowest, preening rooster in the mob boss's pecking order.  Unless Kevin is a secret millionaire, I don't see how a family man can make zero effort to win 500,000 for them.  Weak sauce says it best.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

He told these people what was going on and what was going to happen.  If he was a real asshole, he'd take vicious delight in rubbing their noses in their own comeuppance but he just sits back and let's them all make fools of themselves.

Exactly.  He knows that they already know they should have at least considered his offer.  I think he's being mature while still exhibiting the same amount of "so over this season" I'm feeling.  He went there to play a game (and we tuned in to watch a game) but no one else played the game. 

How much self control would it take someone in his position to not laugh out loud when Raven was on about her controlling the game? 

Also - really really dislike the lying in goodbye messages.  That's your opportunity to come clean prior to them learning all your dirty secrets in the jury house.  It's a solid way to let them know what hand you had in their eviction, and lying in them just ensures that a smart evictee would never trust you in real life.

Edited by Drogo
More.
  • Love 13

I don't mind a bitter jury.  They are still part of the game..in a way, and I don't mind if they are mad.  When it's all over, sure..let it go, but for now, I just hope they don't give it to Paul!!

Another funny part was everyone in jury arguing on the couch, and Cody sitting there with a huge grin.  

• Love 14

Are the HGs reminded which day # it is each day by production staff?  Paul would know that this contest was coming up and probably wrote down and studied whatever happened on particular days.  I mean, who would remember the day number unless you particularly took notice?  This isn't a fair contest so near the end of the game, Kevin was destined to lose.

Raven and Alex are too stupid for words.  

I can totally relate to Cody's frustration.  Yes, he signed up to play - but not with a houseful of sheep, he wanted real contestants (like the rest of us)

Paul will win.  I hope Josh comes in second.  I hope Kevin or Mike win AFP.  I hope Xmas gets nothing.  She is not nice. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Are the HGs reminded which day # it is each day by production staff?  Paul would know that this contest was coming up and probably wrote down and studied whatever happened on particular days.  I mean, who would remember the day number unless you particularly took notice?  This isn't a fair contest so near the end of the game, Kevin was destined to lose.

The Days comp is the usual F4 Veto comp. HGs start drilling each other on it during the first week, knowing that it's coming. If you've seen (or been in) a season of Big Brother before, you should know it's coming. 

I don't understand why Kevin was destined to lose. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Besides Lance, I read somewhere Dog the Bounty Hunter would be on as well as Tiffany Pollard (I don't know who Tiffany Pollard is).

Tiffany was on that dating show with Flava Flav.  And then she had her own spin off, and then she was on Celebrity Rehab.  (sheepishly slinks away to ponder my television viewing habits and my life)

7 hours ago, Sketcher said:

I can see why Cody is over these people.  He wanted to play and offered almost all of the people sitting in the jury house with him an alternative plan, and they called him EVIL for daring to do so.  He wasn't part of their TEAM.  Now he's out of it and can't be bothered to feed their various delusions.

What part of "the game" is he supposed to fake interest in at this point?  He gets to see about 10 minutes of video when a new person shows up.  He knows they are gathered together to film DRAMA not to play a game, and he refuses to give them that kind of footage.

He told these people what was going on and what was going to happen.  If he was a real asshole, he'd take vicious delight in rubbing their noses in their own comeuppance but he just sits back and let's them all make fools of themselves.

I think it's the most mature and sensible road to take.

+++++1 to this whole post.  Was Cody recruited and do we know if he'd ever seen the show before?  I look forward to him getting a chance to ask his jury question and casting his vote.  I hope he does both with stony silence.

What did Mark say to Matt in the jury house that caused Matt's "DUHHHHHHHHHH" face?  Something about Kevin and Veto but I couldn't put it together?  It's entirely possible that watching this show has caused me to lose precious brain cells.

The "what day did this happen" comp always kind of bugs me.  Unless the HG's are allowed to keep a journal, how on earth can they possible remember the dates?  It's like, "so that was the day I dropped my fork in the hot tub and it was right before I painted my fingernails purple so that was Day 45."  I mean, I can't remember what I had for dinner two nights ago.  There has to be some way these people are remembering the dates with such clarity.

Congratulations, Alex!  You are no longer the stupidest houseguest ever.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I don't think Kevin made the connection between Josh fessing up his alliance, and Paul's BS about Christmas going rogue.

I don't know.  I thought I see the slightest change in his eyes when that registered.  but he caught himself and stayed classy.  will be interesting to see how his vote goes.  

Paul's mistake is his goodbye messages trying to blame everyone else.  Then Josh comes on and tells the truth.  That may be the thing that makes the jury the maddest.  

• Love 6

For me, even worse than Paul winning the season will be Cody winning AFP.   Beginning with the babes/outsiders crap, he's shown no redeeming qualities, IMO.   Yes, it's a dumb game move to trust the wrong person, but even dumber to see the threat clearly & not use that knowledge to your advantage.  He can be as condescending as he wants, but every single "idiot" in the jury house lasted longer than he did. 

• Love 9

Cody's big sin was putting up Paul week one - so Paul turned the entire house against him.   They were pretty hateful, so I totally get his reaction when they enter the jury house.  

Not sure I'm in for the finale-pretty sure it's a Paul win- ugh

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't understand why Kevin was destined to lose.

My understanding is that - like me - Kevin is new to this Game.  So he wouldn't be keeping track of days like the others.  They need to re-vamp these contests to make them more challenging for the HGs and more interesting for viewers to watch.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Pondlass1 said:

My understanding is that - like me - Kevin is new to this Game.  So he wouldn't be keeping track of days like the others.  They need to re-vamp these contests to make them more challenging for the HGs and more interesting for viewers to watch.  

But it would be equally unfair to Christmas and Josh in that case, not just Kevin. Plus they had Paul - who has played before - in the house, Alex who was a self-proclaimed fan of the show, and others throughout the season that knew the layout of the Big Brother game. Also, before the game starts, when they're sequestered in a hotel for the first week in individual rooms, they're usually given a past season or two to watch and study/learn from. 

Certain comps are standbys for the show. OTEV, Teacups/Slip and Slide, the wall comp(s) where shit gets thrown on you, and the Days comp are present in almost every recent season. I can understand being completely new to the game but all it takes is walking by one drill session and asking "Hey, why does it matter what day so-and-so was evicted?"

What I don't understand - and this applies for almost any reality show that has at least a season under their belt - is why no one seems to do their research the moment they know they're casted? It's not like those key reveals in the first episode are the real deal. They're all set ups. They get more than twenty minutes to pack a duffel bag. There should be enough time to hit up the ol' Google and Youtube searches and learn something about what you're about to get yourself into it. 

• Love 7

Unbelievable.  Raven and Matt - completely clueless and gullible to the end.  Puppet Masters?  Ha!  Glad that the others called them out.

I also don't mind a bitter jury.  That's part of the consequence of playing the game. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

This.  Very much this.

I'm also getting a vibe of cody clueing in to the production interference this season. I think that's why we got limited jury house footage this year. It took production this long to entice them(Cody) to "make nice" for the cameras. I'm betting cody has already been told numerous times that if he leaves, he loses the dineros. 

He has no fucks left to give but isn't willing to throw that cash away that could help his daughter. Just my guess.

That face is the face of a man who has come to the realization that paul was the ringer from week 1. Production's prize pig- and that no matter how he played it, Cody couldn't have beat Paul with TPTB pulling all the strings.

He had the same expression i get on my face in meetings when i have to pretend i agree with corporate's decisions. ??

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

There's a flip side to that, though; by doling out the bloodletting roles to his minions, Paul has actually done a pretty good job of gutting his own game resume.  Paul can claim to be the mastermind behind all the Big Game Moves, but it is a fact the moves and evictions were almost unanimously executed by somebody else - and the various somebodies in question are frequently loath to let another person take credit for their wetwork.

I agree. But, isn't that kind of the definition of "puppetmaster"?  

Just about everyone did his bidding and at the end of the day thought "they" were his true alliance. Idk....love him or hate him, in my mind he's the one who played the game. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I personally do not like to see bitter jury votes. 

I keep reading "bitter jury" here, and I don't get it. The jury gets to vote on who they think deserves to win.  If they vote against someone because that person was a lying asshole, is that "bitter?"   It seems like that would be a legitimate way to vote.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, illini1959 said:

Just about everyone did his bidding and at the end of the day thought "they" were his true alliance. Idk....love him or hate him, in my mind he's the one who played the game. 

Wait, you mean Raven really wasn't the puppetmaster? Colour me shocked! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

Paul's mistake is his goodbye messages trying to blame everyone else.  Then Josh comes on and tells the truth.  That may be the thing that makes the jury the maddest.  

Yes, and if it's Josh and Paul in the final 2, Josh's honesty might just give him the edge.

• Love 4

Something that happens regularly at the conclusion of Julie's eviction interview is that the evicted HG begins to stand up from the chair.  Julie then has to tell the evicted HG to stay seated.  That occurred in this episode with Kevin, as well as several other times this season.  Partly it is the way Julie wraps-up the interview (well wishes, handshake, etc). which naturally feels like the HG should depart.  Production could clean this up since it happens frequently that Julie should be tired of saying it eviction after eviction.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Sketcher said:

He wanted to play and offered almost all of the people sitting in the jury house with him an alternative plan

I remember Cody starting to play the game a little in his last week there but for the majority of the time he was in the house, he didn't even attempt to play. Not only did he and Jessica isolate themselves from everybody, they were openly hostile to people. He can try to claim that he was smarter than the rest of the idiots but he screwed up his own game with bad decisions and an even worse social game, that's why he went out so early - but I'm sure he'll go to his grave blaming it all on Paul.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, backformore said:

If they vote against someone because that person was a lying asshole, is that "bitter?"

Well, kind of, yeah. In a game where the only real way to play and win is to lie to people, when a jury penalizes one player for doing it, even though they have all done it themselves, that's being bitter. Obviously the jury can vote however they see fit based on whatever they want to base it on, but quite often on reality shows, we see the jury vote against someone to win when that person's only crime is having played the game better than the jury members. The perfect example is when Dan lost his 2nd time around. The jury was pissed that they fell for his manipulations so they voted against Dan simply because...he outsmarted them, I guess? It wasn't Dan's fault that he had great strategy and the others fell for it...it was great game play but Dan got penalized for it because the jury was bitter.  Jury members are allowed to be bitter, they're allowed to vote based purely on spite if that's what they wish, but it doesn't change the fact that they're still bitter. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Kevin is a total toady, the prime sycophant in a season of sycophants. All season long, he proudly DR'd that he didn't know what Paul's plan was but that he trusted him completely

Based on Kevin's exit comments, I think Paul was the only HG he had any semblance of a connection with. The producers need to do a better job when they cast their tokens (in this case, "old guy") so they have a chance at being part of the group, rather than cannon fodder or somebody's tool.

4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Unless Kevin is a secret millionaire, I don't see how a family man can make zero effort to win 500,000 for them.

He was at a disadvantage all season on the comps, so he was relying on his social game, which was mainly to do what Paul said and not give anyone a reason to get him booted. Not sure I understand why he was booted this time; going into the Final 3, is the guy who can't win a comp and is generally perceived as having not done anything all season really the one you don't want to be up against?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

For me, even worse than Paul winning the season will be Cody winning AFP.   Beginning with the babes/outsiders crap, he's shown no redeeming qualities, IMO.   Yes, it's a dumb game move to trust the wrong person, but even dumber to see the threat clearly & not use that knowledge to your advantage.  He can be as condescending as he wants, but every single "idiot" in the jury house lasted longer than he did. 

This is why I think that had he been in the majority, or had any kind of a 'team', he would have been just another condescending jerk in the house.  He judged Alex to be an outsider and then when she told him to 'eat shit', he began to respect her.  If he hadn't been so shallow picking his alliance, that he blindsided almost immediately, he might have gone farther.  He and Alex might have made a strong team.  He judged people on looks and how much like him they were, and it backfired.  (I do know it's hard to know who to align with when everybody is a stranger.  There is sure to be some mistakes.)  I would have felt the same way if there were a bunch of academic people in the house and they just decided that they were better than everybody else and acted as such.   So it was a combination of things that put Cody out of the game.  Some was his own doing, but I will absolutely concede that he did NOT have a level playing field.  It WAS stacked for Paul and I understand his anger over that.

It's complicated for me because while there are things about Cody that I hate, and they relate to things that I think are important personality traits, there are things that I love.  His don't-give-a-shit-anymore attitude, for instance.  And I got great joy out of his grinning while everybody else was beginning to argue.  He WAS right about Paul and nobody would listen.  So I don't want Cody to win AFP, but I won't be terribly upset if he does.  Paul winning the season would be worse for me than Cody winning AFP.  Plus it would piss off Raven, Matt, Christmas and Paul.  So there's that.  Also, I can't really pick the guy who actually bullied people (even if only by proxy) over the guy who probably would have bullied (and I think he would have).  So Cody is not at the bottom either.  So, even though I think he is an arrogant dick (with one or two redeeming qualities) who didn't like being a lowly outsider, he wasn't the worst person in the house.  That says a lot.  (Looking at you, casting director).

Edited by eskimo
fix my backwards statement
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Paul didn't write anything down, because the house guests aren't allowed to have writing instruments or paper on which to write anything. They have to memorize. As others have said, there is traditionally a days competition at the end, so house guests should be prepared to start memorizing as soon as they enter the house.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Paul didn't write anything down, because the house guests aren't allowed to have writing instruments or paper on which to write anything. They have to memorize. As others have said, there is traditionally a days competition at the end, so house guests should be prepared to start memorizing as soon as they enter the house.

I wish they would throw in some "random" events -- like, on what day did it first rain?  or, on what day did Corn Chex first appear in the pantry?, or something like that.  Something that they wouldn't automatically know to memorize.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 7

Best part of this episode was definitely jury house. Raven's delusions were on FULL display. "Oh yea, we knew he talked to other people, but WE were his most important alliance". Yea, that's why you and your dumb fuck-buddy are sitting there on that couch, instead of Josh and Christmas. "I pulled strings for Paul". No. He USED you and discarded you, not unlike a drawer full of dirty condoms. 

I'm glad Jason finally got a clue, but damn if it didn't take him a long time to get there. 

Right now I'm seeing Raven, Alex, Matt, and Kevin as pro-Paul. Jason, Cody, Mark, and Elena are going to be anti -Paul. We need whoever gets sent packing out of the final three to be bitter as hell. 

And, by the way, I was living for Elena's snark and reactions to Raven's BS. I could have used more of that in the house. 

• Love 10

I don't blame Cody for the way he reacted to Matt AT ALL. Can you imagine that walking cereal box accusing you of not participating in the game after he was barely sentient for 2 months? Cody handled it better than I would have.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Raven's delusions were on FULL display. "Oh yea, we knew he talked to other people, but WE were his most important alliance". Yea, that's why you and your dumb fuck-buddy are sitting there on that couch, instead of Josh and Christmas.

Ha! I can't remember who it was but didn't someone actually say something like that to her? After she was done ranting about how they were Paul's REAL alliance, somebody said something like: "Then why are you here?" I can't remember who it was but I loved that person in that moment. Even if it was Cody.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Based on Kevin's exit comments, I think Paul was the only HG he had any semblance of a connection with. The producers need to do a better job when they cast their tokens (in this case, "old guy") so they have a chance at being part of the group, rather than cannon fodder or somebody's tool.

He was at a disadvantage all season on the comps, so he was relying on his social game, which was mainly to do what Paul said and not give anyone a reason to get him booted. Not sure I understand why he was booted this time; going into the Final 3, is the guy who can't win a comp and is generally perceived as having not done anything all season really the one you don't want to be up against?

I think this is the basic difference in the way Kevin is seen.  People who like him see him as "old guy," who was at a terrible disadvantage because of his age.  People like me, who don't like him,  don't see that big disadvantage.  Kevin may have had trouble staying up late, but he had plenty of pool time to connect with people.  He could have cast himself as sympathetic father figure to Raven (if he had bothered to learn her name) or nice older friend to Matt and Mark, just like he did with Jason. He could have done what some older people have done in the past and tried cooking and washing dishes because it keeps you right in the middle of lots of strategizing.

His disadvantage at comps only mattered in the rare physical challenges, he should have been equal to everyone else in the question and answer things and the  endurance challenges.  There was no reason for him to take 45 minutes on the comic book challenge and then excuse himself with the lame ,"I didn't read many comic when I was a kid."  It was a "spot the difference," challenge and whether it was comic covers or TV Guide  covers shouldn't have made any difference.

Kevin may carry himself like a member of Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack, over dressing and copping feels from the dames, but if Sinatra was alive he would be 102, not 56.  There was no reason for Kevin to be as out of touch with the world as he was, or to just kick back and expect someone to carry him through Big Brother.  Last season a 70 year-old man held his own on "Survivor,"  sleeping on the ground in the rain, competing well in challenges, and making friends with the younger people -- and he didn't tell the same joke over and over like somebody's 90 year-old grandfather.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Kevin had maybe the classiest exit ever. He's already got $25K, so my AFP votes (if they even count) go to Mark and Cody. I may toss a few Elena's way, just for that gif-worthy cackle while smacking her leg in hysterics at Raven's unbelievable idiocy.

This is EXACTLY how I'm divvying up my votes as well. I still like Cody; don't see him as a sore loser, but someone who just genuinely doesn't like most of these people. Plus, I want to piss off Paul. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

They've had this type of contest several times. If I went into the house, I'd do a mental list every night before I went to bed to help me remember. I think with as little information as they're getting in the house (no news, no social media), it might not be that hard. And, as much as I dislike him, I do think Paul has a very good memory. Josh didn't do too bad himself!

3 hours ago, backformore said:

I keep reading "bitter jury" here, and I don't get it. The jury gets to vote on who they think deserves to win.  If they vote against someone because that person was a lying asshole, is that "bitter?"   It seems like that would be a legitimate way to vote.

I think it's a legitimate way to vote....but it's not always my preferred way to vote. I respect that everyone views this game (and other similar ones) differently, but I USUALLY tend to be of the mind that if you played hard and got to the end, so what if you upset some people along the way. I tend to put more emphasis on strategy and competitions than social game. That's just MY personal preference. 

However, this time, I am sooooo over Paul, I want him to lose. Even if none of those other sycophants deserve to win. It's a lesser of two evils thing. 

2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I remember Cody starting to play the game a little in his last week there but for the majority of the time he was in the house, he didn't even attempt to play. Not only did he and Jessica isolate themselves from everybody, they were openly hostile to people. He can try to claim that he was smarter than the rest of the idiots but he screwed up his own game with bad decisions and an even worse social game, that's why he went out so early - but I'm sure he'll go to his grave blaming it all on Paul.

Cody DEFINITELY made some mistakes. Even though I like him, I thought he really fucked up by nominating Paul, and then Christmas, without consulting his alliance. That being said. I don't think it's fair to say he didn't even attempt to play.  He wont he first HOH comp. And he immediately wanted to take out Paul, the VET who has steamrolled everyone to the end. HOW he went about it was an error, but he's been the only person to even attempt to do it. 

IMO, he only isolated himself after he came back in the game and saw how badly the odds were stacked against him. Paul and his dogs were on those two constantly; I don't see how they had much choice BUT to isolate themselves. Jessica tried to play nice and reform some friendships and turn things around. But it was pretty clear that, by that point, Paul had all his minions wrapped so tightly around his finger they couldn't see straight. So there was really nothing to do but hunker down and try to stay away from those pots and pans. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

People who like him see him as "old guy," who was at a terrible disadvantage because of his age.  People like me, who don't like him,  don't see that big disadvantage.

It wasn't really his age that put him at a disadvantage; it was that that's all the casting department cared about. Kevin's reaction to seeing himself as different should have been to reach out and try to find (or build) common ground elsewhere, but that's not his personality and somebody should have seen that and put him on some other show (I don't think he was even aiming for BB).

25 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Kevin may carry himself like a member of Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack, over dressing and copping feels from the dames, but if Sinatra was alive he would be 102, not 56.  There was no reason for Kevin to be as out of touch with the world as he was, or to just kick back and expect someone to carry him through Big Brother.  Last season a 70 year-old man held his own on "Survivor,"  sleeping on the ground in the rain, competing well in challenges, and making friends with the younger people -- and he didn't tell the same joke over and over like somebody's 90 year-old grandfather.

HA!   That is true!   I've had a tough time with Kevin as the "old man" since he and I are very close in age.  Over 50 does not make a person a doddering fool with dementia.  He's a young baby-boomer, he was in high school when the music scene was Queen, Elton John, and BeeGees,  not Sinatra.    He might ACT like an out-of-touch old man, but that's a choice he made.   I'm older than he is, and he acted more like my 90 year old father than like anyone my age. 

• Love 9

One of the ironies of Alex defending Paul's deception game is that she totally bought into Paul's "friendship" philosophy in which anyone who tried to play the game against the "team" was an outrage.  She used this philosophy to repeatedly launch attacks against the enemies.  Her biggest claim was that she, Jason, and Paul were better than the others because of their moral superiority.

I thought some small internal conflict over this was demonstrated by her rather weak "it's a game" in response to Jason's questioning of her continued support for Paul. I wonder if she may change her vote if Jason repeatedly reminds her how Paul manipulated her with the Friendship brand.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Oh Raven. Oh honey, no.

Kevin had maybe the classiest exit ever. He's already got $25K, so my AFP votes (if they even count) go to Mark and Cody. I may toss a few Elena's way, just for that gif-worthy cackle while smacking her leg in hysterics at Raven's unbelievable idiocy.

Everyone can vote as they choose.  But I am throwing ALL my votes towards Cody - to avoid vote splitting.  I know Kevin will be getting lots of votes.  I have nothing against Elena, but I  know she has little chance of being in the Top 3 AFG - so I don't wont to waste my votes.  None of the votes beyond Top 3 are revealed, so it's irrelevant if someone gets 1 vote or comes in #4.

Edited by escape
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I agree.  Cody was a terrible game player.  I can excuse winning the first HOH as a newbie mistake.  And nominating Paul was a reasonable strategy (although a savvier player would have known Paul would likely have some twist favoring him).  A different player might have been able to recover from both of those.  But then Cody nominated XMas (instead of a safer choice like Ramses or Jason or Alex).  Then he blatantly threw a POV to Alex.  And then there's isolating himself from everyone.  It was such an imperial and heavy-handed way to run an alliance, no wonder it imploded.  

Cody was at a disadvantage because of Paul's entry, but Cody also had terrible game play, separate from Paul.  If he played like that on Survivor, he'd have similar problems, because he doesn't seem to understand that an alliance is a negotiation and not an imperial edict.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

How much self control would it take someone in his position to not laugh out loud when Raven was on about her controlling the game?

Obviously more than Elena has, lol ;-)

Seriously though, I am relishing the absolute freedom of no longer caring about this season.  It was a disappointment, but it is almost over and (hopefully) most of these people will fade back into the obscurity from whence they came.  That makes me happy.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

This.  Very much this.

You know, 1,000,000  ' X ' this! <3 

13 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:
15 hours ago, Sketcher said:

I can see why Cody is over these people.  He wanted to play and offered almost all of the people sitting in the jury house with him an alternative plan, and they called him EVIL for daring to do so.  He wasn't part of their TEAM.  Now he's out of it and can't be bothered to feed their various delusions.

What part of "the game" is he supposed to fake interest in at this point?  He gets to see about 10 minutes of video when a new person shows up.  He knows they are gathered together to film DRAMA not to play a game, and he refuses to give them that kind of footage.

I think it's the most mature and sensible road to take.

This.  Very much this.

1,000,000 ' X ' this! 

9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Tiffany was on that dating show with Flava Flav.  And then she had her own spin off, and then she was on Celebrity Rehab.  (sheepishly slinks away to ponder my television viewing habits and my life)

@laurakaye: I cannot tell you how sad I am for you that you already knew this - or how happy I am that I didn't.  :D

7 hours ago, illini1959 said:

Sure! - so long as the puppets are ok with it.  :)

7 hours ago, backformore said:

"Bitter Jury" generally refers to a finalist whose Jury management was so poor and alienated so many Jurors that their distaste overpowers consideration for the finalist's gameplay.  And yes, it is a very legitimate way to vote.  A finalist in such a position may have played the best strategic game in the history of the series - but if they did so with such abject neglect of their social game as to result in a Bitter Jury scenario, then that counts as a legitimate fail to me.

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

This was one of my biggest gripes with Kevin's game; he and I are only about six months apart in age, but I'm nowhere near as decrepit as Kevin often portrayed himself to be.  Hell, I paddled in a dragon boat team which made it into the Finals just this past weekend!  Sheesh.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Best part of this episode was definitely jury house. Raven's delusions were on FULL display. "Oh yea, we knew he talked to other people, but WE were his most important alliance". Yea, that's why you and your dumb fuck-buddy are sitting there on that couch, instead of Josh and Christmas. "I pulled strings for Paul". No. He USED you and discarded you, not unlike a drawer full of dirty condoms. 

I'm glad Jason finally got a clue, but damn if it didn't take him a long time to get there. 

Right now I'm seeing Raven, Alex, Matt, and Kevin as pro-Paul. Jason, Cody, Mark, and Elena are going to be anti -Paul. We need whoever gets sent packing out of the final three to be bitter as hell. 

And, by the way, I was living for Elena's snark and reactions to Raven's BS. I could have used more of that in the house. 

The biggest pro-Paul vote is Cody since he flat out said he would vote for him because he was the only other person playing the game and he can respect that.  Cody is a locked-in Paul vote 100%.

And if Cody wins the America's favorite vote no one will be more pleased than Paul who said he respected Cody trying to take him down.  Competitor the Greater wins the game; Competitor the Lesser gets the "favorites" chump change.  it will make Paul look real good and he will know it.  Also production seems to know it because the edit at the end about what Kevin would do with his prize money is a way for production to try and shape the vote for Kevin and away from the other imperial bully of the house this season, Cody.  Last thing they need is Bully #1 winning and Bully #2 getting the favorite vote.

And yes production helped Paul the first three weeks.  But they also helped Cody re-enter and edited the two segments before the last temptation vote for Cody's girlfriend to win with the endless corny Romeo & Juliet flashbacks.  Paul and Cody were both helped greatly by production.  Cody was so inept he couldn't use his second and third (girlfriend's HOH) chances and talked her into nominating and evicting Ramses instead.  Idiot.  Had he gained some control he would have been more of a bully than Paul because there is a cruel and mean streak in him.  I would never vote for someone like that even if they stuck a gun to my head.

About Kevin.  Kevin was never invited to the cool kid's table from the get go.  His only "friend" in game was Jason who wanted to pull him into his alliance but Alex would not hear of it.  Alex hated and still hates Kevin for reasons unknown and wouldn't even allow Jason alone with Kevin ever ... when she was awake.  Kevin and Jason had their only time together early in the morning on their outside walk before sleeping beauty woke up.  But Alex controlled Jason so nothing came of Jason's plans.

So Kevin was an easy minion for Paul to pick-up and use because no one else bothered just like no one else bothered to play the game.  Including Cody who also ignored him.  Cody had his cool kids club from day one of his "bros" and the "hot chicks" he fancied and Kevin was a stupid outsider Cody disliked as a result along with the horrible "nerds" he hated as well.  (Cody was the most lousy player in the whole game.  He betrays his alliance and blows up his whole game the first week and then spends the rest of his time in a showmance literally (and I do mean literally) screwing his house "girlfriend" for the whole world to see and smugly isolating himself).

Anyway Kevin had no sway with the younger hamsters and was a free vote that no one except Paul (and Jason out of earshot of Alex) even considered reeling him in.  I don't blame Kevin voting for Paul.  No one else even remotely tried to get his vote.  Plus he is more mature and knows it is a silly game so is less bitter with the betrayal than a younger person might be.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 8:38 PM, mojoween said:

Matt may be clueless, but I gotta back him on his disdain for how Cody was acting.  

Cody CHOSE to give up his summer.  No one forced him to go on the show so him refusing to participate makes him sound like a petulant third grader.

Sorry things didn't go his way because he's acting like a baby about it.

Elena giggling about Raven thinking she was Paul's true alliance was funny.

He was trying to start something, and Cody was trying to prevent something.  Cody gets credit from me, I would have punched Matt a long time ago.

• Love 6