Type keyword(s) to search

Paul & Karine: These Condoms Ain't For Sexin'

• Start Topic

On 10/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, mamadrama said:

Hell, I worked in a Violence Against Women's Studies office and used to travel around and give workshops for high school kids when I found myself in an abusive, controlling relationship-and I was literally teaching people about what signs to look for. I had a great job, made quite a bit of money, and had a good support system and it still took me 3 years to find my way out.

Years later when I was a family therapist I volunteered at a domestic violence shelter. One thing I learned very quickly is that DV isn't prejudice. College educated women, women with good jobs, women with great family support, women with disposable income, women who should "know better"... We saw all kinds of women come through our doors. And DV isn't always like the way TV portrays it-physical abuse and shouting and life endangerment. Sometimes it's far more subtle and that, in it's own way, can be worse. You can be years into the relationship before waking up one day and realizing that you no longer have a support system and have been systematically isolated from everyone and everything.

Why doesn't she just leave is probably the most asked question in these situations. But never underestimate the power of embarassment, fear of being alone, fear of the unknown, and simply being comfortable. And that's before you even get to the mindfuck a lot of these people pull on their partners.

Your points are excellent. When I left my marriage we had just moved to a new state. I went to file and they said I was not a resident of the state for 6 months? I was like I have a home, changed my DL, mail, registered to vote, enrolled my child in a school? They said I would have to wait the 6 months of file in my previous state which was 2000 miles away and a place I lived in for 11 months while my husband at the time did a medical fellowship. I did not make friends close enough since I knew it was a short stay to say, can I come live with you while I get divorced? I wonder if Karine would have such issues of a wait, or what her home state is? does she even have a green card yet? 

I see her returning home to Brazil someday, hopefully sooner then later. I think she will see Paul's life in KY is not the American dream she had pictured. I think her parents would welcome her with open arms and help her raise her son. I just do not see a turn around for Paul. It is not like a degree and a job will solve their problems or even a bag of money. I like to think there is someone for everyone to find to love but Paul? I just don;t think he can be a healthy half to a relationship in any circumstances. 

I'm interested in the tell all tonight. Will he actually talk tonight, I can;t imagine much will be focused on him since there is so much other drama to show in 1 hour. If Paul does not get some drama or a cliffhanger type edit, I think this could be the end of his 90 day paycheck (at least for awhile) which could make for further tension between him and Karine and him and Mom (why do I think she gives him extra money in promise of being paid back with TLC $$). 

• Love 3

Paul and Karine's apartment in Manaus was robbed. Apparently, there is no such thing as rental insurance on possessions when you are a renter, only when you've purchased your home. I expect we'll be seeing a GFM

Also, they are collaborating for something with Tom Mabe, a comedian in Ky.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Paul just announced that they are divorcing..... Again.

For the love of God, end it already. Of course, they do need money after the burglary. Hmm.... 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Teri313 said:

On the bright side, it looks clean now.

I thought the same thing!!  At least it is clean now.  Paul and Karine, take note!

56 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Paul just announced that they are divorcing..... Again.

Again?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

So... are we all in agreement thinking that the pics of the burgled house are really pics of the place after they moved out?  Because I see Pol trying to create a backstory for his eventual Go Fund Me.  

Maybe they were splitting the assets in advance of the newly announced divorce?

• Love 2

That apartment looks like it was cleaned out between tenants.    What burglar steals a stuffed animal collection?   I suspect either Karine moved to a smaller place, for her and the baby, or she's moving back where her parents live.    Or they didn't pay the rent, and the landlord cleaned everything out.   The place never looked better. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That apartment looks like it was cleaned out between tenants.    What burglar steals a stuffed animal collection?   I suspect either Karine moved to a smaller place, for her and the baby, or she's moving back where her parents live.    

Maybe there's a big demand for stuffed poop emojis?

• LOL 8
20 minutes ago, gingerella said:

so are these two idiots separated or are they bullshitting us to get more famewhore time?

Shew, hard to say. If they are truly separated then Pole needs to GTFO with his passive aggressive social media posts.

• Love 1

Remember the first baby that they lost? It wasn’t Paul’s! If you recall the first episode when he returned back to her place, see how much weight she had put on? Also her breasts had increased dramatically in size since the previous episodes. Funny about that he hasn’t seen her for several months, then according to them he gets her pregnant within days of being back in her home town! Yeah sure. 

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Shew, hard to say. If they are truly separated then Pole needs to GTFO with his passive aggressive social media posts.

Really? I haven’t seen his IG or does he post elsewhere?

God, I cannot believe I just even typed that’s shit out?!? 

• LOL 5
44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Remember the first baby that they lost? It wasn’t Paul’s! If you recall the first episode when he returned back to her place, see how much weight she had put on? Also her breasts had increased dramatically in size since the previous episodes. Funny about that he hasn’t seen her for several months, then according to them he gets her pregnant within days of being back in her home town! Yeah sure. 

I think the baby was his. Production screws around with the dates all the time, making 2 trips look like one and vice versa. They recreate scenes all the time.Heck, even Anna and Mursel's airport scene was recreated. We don't know that they didn't film that scene later and then fib about the date. It is happening in their other shows. Tiffany wasn't really 6 weeks pregnant when they showed her ultrasound either.

If she had been pregnant by someone else, I don't think we would have heard the end of it from Paul.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

There is no hope for the rest of us when true love like Pole and Karinee cannot make it:

There were some things leaked back from Karine's first pregnancy that did make it sound possible that baby was not Pole's, including posts, texts, photos and videos from a black man who said he was involved with Karine at the time she got pregnant. It was enough to make me not hate Pole for saying something about a paternity test. She miscarried that baby early on, like two or three months but looked so much farther along then that, got pregnant again almost immediately and lost that baby at six months and it was showed on the show, then had Pierre. With her second two pregnancies she looked large pretty quickly, so she may just be unfortunate with baby weight and gains from head to toe immediately and wasn't farther along with the first pregnancy. There were suggestions that she may have had diabetes that wasn't being treated, too, but don't remember why that was. 

On 11/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, Christina said:

There is no hope for the rest of us when true love like Pole and Karinee cannot make it:

This drips with passive aggression. I would simply respond with, “Ok. Safe travels!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, iwasish said:

Culture be damned. Keep that kid off motorcycles. So, he’s basically admitting he won’t/can’t send any money to support Pierre. 

I'm sure Paul sent karine money while he was "courting" her....so yeah, I'm sure there is some mechanism available for Paul to send money if he wants. 

• Love 2

Pol is just trying to be manipulative and make himself look like the victim here.  Big bad Karine is mean and an unsafe mother for toting a baby on a bike (which might not even be true; he is probably lying to make himself look like the victim).  According to him,she is MAKING him not support his son.  His hands are tied and Karine is just so mean.  Now if Karine will stay with her family and keep him out of her life then good for her.  Too bad she didn't figure it out before she got knocked up by a scary pathological dolt.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Pol is just trying to be manipulative and make himself look like the victim here.  Big bad Karine is mean and an unsafe mother for toting a baby on a bike (which might not even be true; he is probably lying to make himself look like the victim).  According to him,she is MAKING him not support his son.  His hands are tied and Karine is just so mean.  Now if Karine will stay with her family and keep him out of her life then good for her.  Too bad she didn't figure it out before she got knocked up by a scary pathological dolt.

Yeah, the whole thing just sounded like a passive aggressive post meant to make people have sympathy for him. I will therefore take #helmetgate with a pinch of salt.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I hope his unique coloring won't cause problems in his village.

I'd be more concerned about people knowing his father's "quirkiness" and judging him for that.

I started to say, surely these people aren't so backwards that they've never seen a mixed baby, but who knows, we in the US aren't doing any better with understanding each other, probably a lot worse.

• Love 5

Sigh. They are nothing but drama. One of these IGs says they are back in the states, but I'm not sure that is true. If it's not true at the moment, I'm sure it will be soon, though. They seem to still be together after their fiftieth divorce/break-up and subsequent make up twenty-four hours later for more attention, which I am giving them. Double sigh.

Karine posted one of her hate mails. It will not embed for some reason, so you have to click on it to read someone accuse Karine of using witchcraft to bring Pole into her life for her family to use, and hopes that Pole gets free from her grasp. Karine and her mother must have added the wrong combination of ingredients into their spell to wind up with Pole, but that's okay because Tania can come to the rescue with her new training.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5rNIMpnU_xStBmycmml0Zq-4e-2z3QGeQDVuA0/

These may not be showing as embedding for me because of my browser being pissy and punishing me for opening links related to all these nutjobs, so two more IGs should be here about the fairytale of Karine and Pole's relationship

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5qQRLBnT1iQ-dVD5cBdpbdU_Lo9O-_uZHX9yU0/

• Love 3

And they are back on a plane to return to the US. I thought someone here suggested that they may not even be in Brazil but since I don't see it, I'm thinking it must have been somewhere else online. Also my vision is sucky and I'm probably looking right at it.

I'm surprised that Pierre still has his blue eyes. I figured they would be getting darker by now. Two slides.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Christina said:

And they are back on a plane to return to the US. I thought someone here suggested that they may not even be in Brazil but since I don't see it, I'm thinking it must have been somewhere else online. Also my vision is sucky and I'm probably looking right at it.

I'm surprised that Pierre still has his blue eyes. I figured they would be getting darker by now. Two slides.

My kids' blue eyes never did change and are just as cerulean now as they were when they were born. Many people's don't change until they are around 5 years old.

I saw Paul and Karine back in September so they were in the US at that point.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

My kids' blue eyes never did change and are just as cerulean now as they were when they were born. Many people's don't change until they are around 5 years old.

I beat the genetic lottery with my two kids:  I have blue eyes, my kid's dad has brown.  First son:  blue eyes.  Second son:  Hazel.  Genetics would dictate that one would have brown, but nope  - my genes are INTENSE, baby!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I didn't realize eye color changed so late but my son's red hair didn't turn brunette until he was five. Everyone expected it to turn black like his dad's but he's just dark brown like me. My sister's son was born white with thin blonde hair and blue eyes, we thought he was albino but he wasn't. It was funny that after he was born my sister flew from Albuquerque to Delaware and got hung up at airport security because they contacted the police to make sure there was no kidnapped child. My sister is obviously black and my nephew was pale white. It wasn't funny to her at the time, of course. Her two daughters and my son were also born with blue eyes and lighter skin tone and all of their eyes turned brown before age one. One niece was obviously black before age one but her other daughter and my son are more tan. My non-albino nephew is still white with dirty blonde hair and still has blue eyes in his 20s.

After the DNA sequence was unlocked in 1996, the theory regarding dominant and recessive genes became almost completely discredited. I will die on the hill with the argument that you cannot tell parentage based on a child's skin tone, eye color or hair color. My mom is one of 14 and they run the gamut of skin tones from passes for white to very dark, almost purple. We're African American and Native American on both sides and actually cannot find any Caucasian in the family tree but it obviously exists.

With Pierre specifically, I was struck by the fact he is a blue eyed child. He's had blue eyes since birth but it just hit me that it IS his eye color or it would have changed by now. It certainly wasn't worded in a way that explained that, though. 

Changing gears from the adorable Pierre to the awful Pole, a few days ago, Pole reported that they were no longer getting paid by TLC in some rant, which is suggestive of the divorce being another ploy for camera time. I thought I saved it but apparently didn't. While looking for it to post, I came across the following which is several slides with Santa. Pierre actually looks at Santa like WTF? in one of the photos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B51vL_YHHF5D4o_Fked5gZPMMqQjEMEs36iLL00/

• Love 2
On 12/6/2019 at 5:43 AM, Christina said:

he sure is a cutie 

• Love 1