Type keyword(s) to search

Paul & Karine: These Condoms Ain't For Sexin'

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Poor Karine's mom.  I can't imagine knowing my child was going through this and I was too far away to do much of anything to help.  

I was coming to post the same thing.  Her mom was worried sick that she was moving with him.  I'm so sorry she was right.

• Love 3

116683712_185289732994817_4860854293695486523_n.thumb.jpg.d8e622b2e5ba59c298b409597566e2d7.jpg

I don't know about these two, last year they fought alot on instagram too and got another season out of it.  Paul live for this fiasco is mighty convenient  and insures there's plenty of footage to sell for a price. I mean if you're willing to commit arson for an insurance payoff why not this too.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 7

I hope everything Karine wrote is true, because Karine and Pierre deserve to be in a safe place.   

If Karine stays in the U.S. I'm worried about custody issues, and even supervised visitation won't be enough to keep Pierre safe.  

I hope she stays away from Paul, because I think the behavior that was shown on camera, and in his recent postings is scary as hell.  I hope she can get back to Brazil, where Paul will hopefully be denied entry to the country, and his mother too.    His mother is such an enabler for him, that I would put nothing past her.   

I've been suspicious of previous breakups, but this one involved the police, domestic violence personnel to help, and restraining orders, so I think this one is legit.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Arynm said:

I love that Paul had a nodule on his penis he had to have drained.

I WAS EATING!!!!

5 hours ago, Fable said:

I didn’t find these two to be very interesting as a couple, so I either fast forwarded or didn’t pay attention to their segments.  From what I did see, I though them both to be a bit dimwitted, but as I said, I never really paid them much mind, and just figured whatever was going on was part of their ongoing storyline. 

Me too - he was a boring loser of a sadsack and as for her....kinda the same.  Flat voice and not exactly a graduate of the Dale Carnegie institute.  I always thought her and Hazel (of Tarik and Hazel) could be BFF's.  No noise complaints to their shared flat!

6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And poor Karine's mom.  I can't imagine knowing my child was going through this and I was too far away to do much of anything to help.  

Remember her crying at the thought of Karine marrying Paul?  Mamma knows best, people!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

TLC has these two on the show because they're willing to show their asses on TV.  Remember when Karine lost the first baby, and the moment the doctor told Karine he couldn't hear the heartbeat was filmed for the show?  I could not believe that any reality show could be on intrusive; that's why these two are on the show.

I think the baby should not be raised by either Paul or Karine because I would not be surprised if the two of them get back together at some point.  That baby needs to be FAR AWAY from those two.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

116683712_185289732994817_4860854293695486523_n.thumb.jpg.d8e622b2e5ba59c298b409597566e2d7.jpg

I don't know about these two, last year they fought alot on instagram too and got another season out of it.  Paul live for this fiasco is mighty convenient  and insures there's plenty of footage to sell for a price. I mean if you're willing to commit arson for an insurance payoff why not this too.

This is real. Our social services and dv houses here don't play around with this shit. They don't get involved unless there's some kind of evidence. It's a complicated process and if they'd had ANY suspicions they wouldn't have sunk any resources or manpower into it. There's a lot of shit that we screw up here in Kentucky but we do take spousal abuse, physical and emotional, seriously. The timing of this IS bad, and I could see Pole doing something like that, but the story that gets released is often just the tip of the iceberg.

It takes a woman an average of 7 times of leaving her abuser before it "sticks". I won't be surprised if all of this becomes too overwhelming for her and she goes back to him. I hope not. It's a really volatile and unhealthy situation all the way around. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I'm hoping it's an Amazon Penis Fish, and they ripped it out the most painful way.   I guess someone should explain to Pole, you can get an STI, and it incubates for many years before emerging.   Whatever he has, I hope it's  painful, and keeps on hurting.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Colour me confused as everyone commenting on the article are siding with Paul....what bizarre world I see this where people think that he is a good guy

It's actually made me sick to my stomach, especially when people say, "She's not innocent, either." Even crappy people can get abused. Nobody deserves it.

• Love 15

Along with the statement from Karine posted above was the same thing in Portuguese and a statement that she has not started any type of GoFundMe or set up a way to donate money to her, and ask that no one does, but instead report what they see as fraudulent.

Someone on Reddit transcribed the TRO and I'm posting it because the report is hard to read without blowing it up. That person also questioned where the TRO came from for the Instagrammers to post,  and it was PAUL. He posted it to his IG account.

Full report in text "On multiples occasions in the past 3 weeks the respondent pushed me, grab my breast squizing and twisting hurting me pushing me to the floor, covering my mouth, he force his penis in to my mouth and forcefully rapes me if I refuse he throw things he yells or he threats to call police, he currently hold my green card and all my documents. I am not allowed to leave the house, he monitor my phone he have cameras around the house and he can see through his phone who arrives, who leaves. He threats take our son Pierre away if I ever leave. He forced me to drink alcohol by threat me so I drunk some so he calm down.

He is constantly on social media making videos of me against my will saying I am crazy saying I have mental illness. Recently he called CPS and told I was always drunk, agressive and abusive to him.

He post on social media I have several mans even knowing that he have cameras around the house and I can't leave. I have no access to money for my son or myself. I went to the doctor to try get contraceptive. In the doctors office he said no because I would be doing an abortion. The doctor explained the contraceptive was only for prevention and I would not get pregnant. Then Paul said no and took me home.

I came to US to visit my in laws and now he do not let me go back. We got married in Brazil not in US. When I ask to go back to my family he threats take my son away. I am terrified he will hurt me or hurt my son because I runned away from him. And I am even afraid to go back to Brazil now because he can go to Brazil and and hurt us.

I have my family in Brazil but I don't feel that law enforcement will protect me from him there. I am afraid of him and his mother because his mother knows and see what he does and she refused report her son. I have witnessed him threat and being violent with his own mother. I do not want any contact with him or his mother his friends or family. I do not want them close I am afraid of them hurt my son for revenge."

I finally saw Paul and his mother talking at the pet store.   So they have no money, Paul will never have a decent job, through his own actions, and he's looking at Ferrets, and dog stuff.   Paul's mother is an idiot, and if she thinks he's ever getting a job, she's as crazy as he is.      She didn't want him to come back to the U.S. either.    I think she's hoping that he'll go back to Brazil, and she can forget about him.   

I'm hoping the Brazilian authorities ban Paul, and his idiot family from ever entering their country again.   Karine needs to get to Brazil, with her son, and stay there.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's actually made me sick to my stomach, especially when people say, "She's not innocent, either." Even crappy people can get abused. Nobody deserves it.

Same here.  I was shocked at the comments siding with Pole!  He truly seems psychotic and an abusive personality if everything they say is true.  Mother Paul is much wiser than I thought when I first started watching.  Mamadrama, thank you for sharing your experiences with the shelters and the networks that help the victims.  My cousin is a lawyer in Louisville...Pole's hearing is coming up and I would love to have him look up the information if he can get access to it. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Same here.  I was shocked at the comments siding with Pole!  He truly seems psychotic and an abusive personality if everything they say is true.  Mother Paul is much wiser than I thought when I first started watching.  Mamadrama, thank you for sharing your experiences with the shelters and the networks that help the victims.  My cousin is a lawyer in Louisville...Pole's hearing is coming up and I would love to have him look up the information if he can get access to it. 

I wasn't.  

I belong to a few FB 90DF groups and that abusive prick Geoffrey showed up in one of them posting.

Almost immediately a few women in the group started throwing themselves at him, defending any criticism of his abuse history, and doing whatever they could to get his attention.

Attention from that piece of shit, and there they were, fawning all over him like he was some sort of prize decent human being.  

It was positively stomach turning.  Fortunately, he was met mostly with disdain and left not too long afterward.  I'm sure those women whoring for his attention probably privately messaged him, or he privately messaged them.  

Thus, I'm not surprised to see Pole has his "fans."  There are a lot of lunatics in the world.  🤢

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

Is anyone surprised by anything Karine reported? There is something very wrong with Pole and it's been evident since day 1. He was accused of stalking and in jail for arson. He's 34 and has never been employed except for short stints where he gets fired. As dopey as he acts, I'v ealways thought he had an anger problem. Remember how he acted when he couldn't take 15 totes to Brazil? If he could have jumped over the desk and strangled the agent, he would have. He found Karine and figured she's poor and young and he can control her. Her description sounds like he was holding her prisoner. And he's such a stupid ass, he goes on SM to talk shit about her. I hope Karine is safe and she is getting help.  I fear that the courts won't let her just leave the US with Pierre, because even dickheads have parental rights.  She needs to learn English, get a GED if she doesn't have one and start building a life far away from Pole. I believe every word she wrote. Everyone always comments on her flat affect> I'm guessing Pole has been abusing her from the begining. That's why her affect has alway been flat. 

• Love 12

I happened to catch the episodes on right now, the old ones with Karine and Pole.  Is it mandatory that they do some shots of the couple at a monkey habitat??  I have seen Big Ed and Rose, Angela and MYkullll, and now Karine and Pole.  WTH?? 

He is doing the STD and Pregnancy tests--did HE have to take one to show her that he was trustworthy??  HUH???

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wasn't.  

I belong to a few FB 90DF groups and that abusive prick Geoffrey showed up in one of them posting.

Almost immediately a few women in the group started throwing themselves at him, defending any criticism of his abuse history, and doing whatever they could to get his attention.

Attention from that piece of shit, and there they were, fawning all over him like he was some sort of prize decent human being.  

It was positively stomach turning.  Fortunately, he was met mostly with disdain and left not too long afterward.  I'm sure those women whoring for his attention probably privately messaged him, or he privately messaged them.  

Thus, I'm not surprised to see Pole has his "fans."  There are a lot of lunatics in the world.  🤢

Yep, I might belong to that same group, and if not I belong to one where the same thing happened.  Ladies were so quick to defend POS Geoffrey and blame the victims.  "She was asking for it" and "She must have had it coming."  Like WTF?

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Remember how he acted when he couldn't take 15 totes to Brazil? If he could have jumped over the desk and strangled the agent, he would have. He found Karine and figured she's poor and young and he can control her. Her description sounds like he was holding her prisoner.

That alarmed me, too.  He goes from zero to sixty way too fast for me.  I kinda love it when these American men (Paul, Ed) look for what they think will be a subserviant woman and....they are not.

• Love 4
On 7/31/2020 at 5:53 PM, MrBuhBye said:

So I guess like Geoffrey no tell all and no more Pillow Talk?

And if you are a former or accused felon having trouble finding work, sign up to be a TV star on 90 Days 🥺

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, endure said:

And if you are a former or accused felon having trouble finding work, sign up to be a TV star on 90 Days 🥺

They need to re-edit the show and get rid of all his segments. They also need to publicly cut ties with him. And they should should compensate Karine to the extent that it helps her get on her feet and away from Pole. 

Sharpe claims that all applicants must pass a background check and a psych exam. No way he passed either. 

The person I am disgusted with is Pole's mom. If Karine refused to help her because Pole would get in trouble, then shame on her. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 13
On 7/30/2020 at 3:45 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Sharp should stop exploiting this couple.  They are both mentally ill.

Completely agree and there is an innocent child involved as well as other family members, they didn’t sign up for this type of drama and they are being exploited too.

Edited by endure
  • Love 7
On 8/2/2020 at 9:17 AM, Arynm said:

I love that Paul had a nodule on his penis he had to have drained. Seems about right, I hope it hurt and that he has to endure the embarrassment that we all know about it. I wonder if that is the reason he is claiming he got an STI from Karine. I know nothing about this issue or if it's a symptom of a disease. Maybe he should have worn his penis sheath a bit more often.

I really hope Karine gets away and stays away, she needs to go back to Brazil I think. This is such a cluster, I don't ever want to see them on tv again.

Omg it would be ironic if it was from some parasite from the water he went into in Brazil when he wore the waders and the penis protectors 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It takes a woman an average of 7 times of leaving her abuser before it "sticks". I won't be surprised if all of this becomes too overwhelming for her and she goes back to him. I hope not. It's a really volatile and unhealthy situation all the way around. 

That's why I hope her parents raise their son.  I too feel Karine will go back to Paul again.  How many times has she gone back to him?

At first I think the producers thought they were good TV, but now I think TLC needs to pull the plug on them.  However, I believe that we on this board (much fewer numbers than on TWoP) are a very small minority. 

Someone mentioned how people took Paul's side in an article written about him.  Another person said that on Facebook Geoffrey posted and some women started throwing themselves at him.  

I think if a person has a domestic violence case against them, they shouldn't be on a show like 90 Day Fiance. 

People think this is all good TV until someone ends up dead, then everybody backtracks.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

Unfortunately, I think that because TLC and other channels think outrageous behavior brings higher ratings, more and more people are being showcased who demonstrate such behavior.  Even on this board there have been statements that seemingly "normal" couples become boring.  I don't know what the remedy is (well, I guess everyone could stop watching these shows), but it is worrisome that someone like Paul, who many of us were concerned about starting with his first season, gets showcased and almost presented as what others should aspire to if they want to become "reality stars."  I've been amazed that both Paul and Karine have fans who send them gifts (and surprised that many of these other "stars" also receive gifts and money from their fans).

I know that many believe that mother Paul enables him, but I wonder how much of her actions are more from self-preservation.  After all, if Paul tried to destroy their home through arson, what else may he have attempted to do?  I really, really, really want to hear from his father.

• Love 5

I’m not defending Pole at all and no one deserves to be abused, if that is the case, however, I don’t think that Karine is stable. She seems to delight in taunting Pole and chose to have a baby with him TWICE.  For that and other reasons, I question her discretion.  Pole is not husband or father material. That was quite clear.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

chose to have a baby with him TWICE.

I don't really have thoughts on how stable or unstable she may be, but if Paul is physically abusive, it's likely he has raped her as well. He may prevent her from accessing and/or using birth control. And once pregnant, she almost certainly has limited options both because of Paul's control of her and her own beliefs (which I think would prohibit abortion). So she may not really be choosing to have children with him.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't really have thoughts on how stable or unstable she may be, but if Paul is physically abusive, it's likely he has raped her as well. He may prevent her from accessing and/or using birth control. And once pregnant, she almost certainly has limited options both because of Paul's control of her and her own beliefs (which I think would prohibit abortion). So she may not really be choosing to have children with him.

In the EPO she filed against him she did claim to have been raped. It also states that he witheld birth control from her. 

I don't know many abused women who do a lot of "choosing." There's often a lot of emotional abuse, gaslighting, and isolation going on and this can hammer away at a victim's psyche.

Many abused women go on to stay with their abuser and have children with them, even voluntarily. It's complicated, especially when the person has isolated you from everyone. I worked for my university's Violence Against Women program when I was in my abusive relationship. I was literally printing and handing out brochures with resources for battered women during the day and then going home to abuse at night. I "knew" better, yet it was still hard for me to leave. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Many abused women go on to stay with their abuser and have children with them, even voluntarily.

I worked as an investigator who helped collect evidence in cases where someone was filling out Petitions for Restraining Orders. One of the services offered by the largest DV Support Group in the area had a nurse associated with the local Planned Parenthood who would administer the Depo-Provera shots through the organization. The shot only needed to be given every 90 days, and didn't show as a bruise or lump so it was undetectable unless you were searching for it. The location for where you received that shot was nondescript so if someone saw you walking in, they likely wouldn't know what it was, and the visit wouldn't show up on an insurance or medical bill. They also suggested using cups so that your spouse doesn't notice you are not using sanitary supplies. There are a lot of little things like that people don't think about when they are in the abuse cycle.

The statistics for Planned Parenthood as a whole have repeatedly shown that they primarily served married women. Through the DV services, I learned that controlling birth control for their wives is a pretty common tactic, even in non-DV cases. Many people have religious beliefs regarding it, and women who want to control the pregnancy chances a little bit found themselves having to be sneaky. Some of the women said that it was the only real problem in the marriage, which I found hard to believe, but have no real reason to say it's untrue or that they must be being controlled when they are saying it's just viewed by their husbands as against their religious beliefs, like with the Duggers.

At the filming of the Tell Nothing, Karine was so out of it that the cast were angry that Pole didn't notice and a psychologist determined she needed immediate medical treatment for postpartum psychosis. What is airing now is clearly showing the PPD, which at some point became psychosis. That likely required contact with CPS and a plan was implemented regarding her receiving treatment. I don't see anything about her, from the show or her social media, that leads me to believe Pierre was in danger from her, other than a possibility from the psychosis. When Pole posted a Cameo showing how filthy their home was, CPS was called, did an investigation, told them to clean up and closed the case. Pole then posted the CPS letter saying there were no issues. If I'm not mistaken, his mom showed up and helped him clean, but even if she didn't, the level of filth required for a removal is pretty high. I wish Karine would have asked for help back then and I hope her current pregnancy IS the other man being accused by his girlfriend, because another child with Pole is extra distressing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

If Pole thinks that being on a national TV show won't bring out his criminal background in excruciating detail, then he's a dumb as I always thought he was.    Any employer who even thought of hiring him, even for day labor, now knows how awful he is.  As a convicted felon (for the arson, and insurance fraud) is he allowed to have guns?   Karine claimed he's armed, so I hope the police are checking into that.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Many abused women go on to stay with their abuser and have children with them, even voluntarily. It's complicated, especially when the person has isolated you from everyone. I worked for my university's Violence Against Women program when I was in my abusive relationship. I was literally printing and handing out brochures with resources for battered women during the day and then going home to abuse at night. I "knew" better, yet it was still hard for me to leave. 

You're absolutely right.  It's hard to explain, but once you're out the world is a different place.  I'm still getting my life together after a long term abusive relationship.  It changes the way you think and feel in ways you can't imagine.  I hope things get better for Karine.  I wish her lots of strength, she'll need it. 

Edited by Normades
spelling
  • Love 16

16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not defending Pole at all and no one deserves to be abused, if that is the case, however, I don’t think that Karine is stable. She seems to delight in taunting Pole and chose to have a baby with him TWICE.  For that and other reasons, I question her discretion.  Pole is not husband or father material. That was quite clear.

It clearly says in her EPO that he raped her repeatedly and refuses her access to birth control. I'm not sure she chose to have a baby with him at any time.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I see anything Karine is doing as the only way she can fight back.  I think Pole targeted vulnerable women, and she was his target from the first time they met.     

I agree with this.  I don't want to shade Karine, but here's how I see it:  Karine was an average looking young woman from a small town in Brazil.  I believe she and Paul met on some dating website.  I think all Karine saw was that Paul was a white, American.  Unfortunately people give the benefit of the doubt to white males, mainly because the stereotype is that they have more money than others in America (and there is truth to that too).  So Karine gave Paul the benefit of the doubt, even though there were many, many red flags.  

Now he's beaten her down, she's miserable but she doesn't know what to do because she's married to Paul.  I don't know how people in her family, in her town would react to her as a divorcee with a child.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I see anything Karine is doing as the only way she can fight back.  I think Pole targeted vulnerable women, and she was his target from the first time they met.     

I agree. Young, humble living situation (I have a problem using the word "poor" because it's culturally subjective), doesn't speak a lot of English...

This has been a tough week. The Paul/Karine stuff has been disturbing, but it actually got personal. You know, I'm fairly local to them. I have some ties to other cast members, but my former social services job has given me some ties to that community as well. I actually reached out in an offer to help. I've never done that before, but I didn't know if her attorney was local. At the very least I wanted to make sure she was aware of safe housing and had a bilingual advocate. It was just a few phone calls and emails. My involvement stopped there. However, word got around and I wound up in a ton of drama on another show discussion place. Screenshots were shared and a bunch of crap was directed at me. There were even some fake screenshots shared. Even worse was that I was doxxed. My home address and personal information was shared to what may have been thousands of people. My husband had to change his number yesterday. The mods eventually stepped in and things were removed, but by then it had been hours. Lots of people had seen the stuff.

One person started it. I don't know that person's username and we've never interacted. When the mods contacted me, though, they said that there was so much vitriol that they thought it might be personal. Or that the person knew me from another show discussion site. So there's that.

I just wanted to offer some assistance. It's not like I was driving up there and getting between Paul and Karine. I just helped direct someone who could. Even local people have difficulty traversing our system here, and there are many helpful programs that people don't know about. Sometimes even law enforcement is unaware of everything, especially for the immigrant community. When I went through my abusive relationship it was overwhelming knowing where to start-and I worked for a VAW office. The police could help with the EPO, but that was the extent of their assistance. I basically just shared those resources. I never said where she was or how she got there. That's not information I would even know (not to mention a horrible invasion of privacy). She even said on the live stream that she wanted to go to a shelter. I felt bad for her. She seems to have been isolated here and I can't imagine how that must feel. I've had bad things happen to me in foreign countries when I've been alone. It's not cool.

So I've spent, like, 4 days being concerned for her but also for me. I've got kids, you know? I honestly felt like MY safety could be at risk. It's left me in what feels like a 4 day panic attack. People suck.

• Love 1

Sorry that you’ve had to deal with the crazies, @mamadrama. Sadly, no good deed goes unpunished in this day and age.

I’m confused about Karine being reluctant and scared to return to her home. Isn’t her father a policeman? Am I imagining that? Couldn’t he find ways to protect her? And how would Pole get to Brazil anyway? He has no money. Is there a no-fly list for people like him? So many questions!

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

This has been a tough week. The Paul/Karine stuff has been disturbing, but it actually got personal. You know, I'm fairly local to them. I have some ties to other cast members, but my former social services job has given me some ties to that community as well. I actually reached out in an offer to help. I've never done that before, but I didn't know if her attorney was local. At the very least I wanted to make sure she was aware of safe housing and had a bilingual advocate. It was just a few phone calls and emails. My involvement stopped there. However, word got around and I wound up in a ton of drama on another show discussion place. Screenshots were shared and a bunch of crap was directed at me. There were even some fake screenshots shared. Even worse was that I was doxxed. My home address and personal information was shared to what may have been thousands of people. My husband had to change his number yesterday. The mods eventually stepped in and things were removed, but by then it had been hours. Lots of people had seen the stuff.

One person started it. I don't know that person's username and we've never interacted. When the mods contacted me, though, they said that there was so much vitriol that they thought it might be personal. Or that the person knew me from another show discussion site. So there's that.

I just wanted to offer some assistance. It's not like I was driving up there and getting between Paul and Karine. I just helped direct someone who could. Even local people have difficulty traversing our system here, and there are many helpful programs that people don't know about. Sometimes even law enforcement is unaware of everything, especially for the immigrant community. When I went through my abusive relationship it was overwhelming knowing where to start-and I worked for a VAW office. The police could help with the EPO, but that was the extent of their assistance. I basically just shared those resources. I never said where she was or how she got there. That's not information I would even know (not to mention a horrible invasion of privacy). She even said on the live stream that she wanted to go to a shelter. I felt bad for her. She seems to have been isolated here and I can't imagine how that must feel. I've had bad things happen to me in foreign countries when I've been alone. It's not cool.

So I've spent, like, 4 days being concerned for her but also for me. I've got kids, you know? I honestly felt like MY safety could be at risk. It's left me in what feels like a 4 day panic attack. People suck.

WTF is wrong with some people?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Sorry that you’ve had to deal with the crazies, @mamadrama. Sadly, no good deed goes unpunished in this day and age.

I’m confused about Karine being reluctant and scared to return to her home. Isn’t her father a policeman? Am I imagining that? Couldn’t he find ways to protect her? And how would Pole get to Brazil anyway? He has no money. Is there a no-fly list for people like him? So many questions!

Maybe he has threatened her family? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

WTF @mamadrama they doxxed you for trying to help a victim of abuse? I am so sorry, that is insane.

And they hit me hard, too. I'm shook. This may be the worst backlash I've ever faced online-and I had an AOL account. It's disturbing. And I'm a nobody that they'll move on from in a few days. I can only imagine some of the bullshit Karine must be getting. I get that she's kind of polarizing, but those accusations against him are pretty awful. If even half of them are true...yikes. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

And they hit me hard, too. I'm shook. This may be the worst backlash I've ever faced online-and I had an AOL account. It's disturbing. And I'm a nobody that they'll move on from in a few days. I can only imagine some of the bullshit Karine must be getting. I get that she's kind of polarizing, but those accusations against him are pretty awful. If even half of them are true...yikes. 

Wow I am so sorry!!  My kids are college aged and they got the lesson drummed into them as kids that there is a person at the other end when you are online.  Sadly, most folks over 40/45 did not get the memo.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

She has a court date next week and won't be allowed to leave until then. However, she'll have trouble leaving with Pierre. Pierre is a dual citizen and therefore both parents have to authorize his international travel. She can't just take him on the plane. It's a law that was passed to keep separated parents from taking the kids and fleeing to another country.

• Love 2
On 8/3/2020 at 3:28 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm wondering if all this drama and the current pregnancy is just a desperate attempt to get another season of 90 Day

Yes, I knew about the difficulty getting children out of the country.   A friend and her husband are from Guam.   The husband was in (or on Guam?) with a family emergency.   My friend and the kids needed to fly there, and the one child under 18 had to have permission faxed by the husband so the daughter could fly to Guam.   It's an easy flight from Guam to Asia, and other countries, so parents have been known to fly there, and use it for a jumping off point to other countries to avoid custody orders.    So Karine will have a tough time getting Pierre back to Brazil. 

She made a huge mistake coming here.   Of course, she made a huge mistake having a relationship with Paul.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I was over on Sunday's episode discussion when I saw this referenced so brought myself here to the couples thread to find out what the poster was talking about. This is some seriously disturbing stuff. I mean I don't even have words for how disturbing it all is. Like all of you I always thought Paul had some mental issues (the whole arson thing, running off when things get too emotional) but this is on a whole other level. I have to confess that before they came here when Karine's mother was crying and saying how afraid she was I thought she was being a little over-dramatic. I did get her being concerned about Karine and Pierre being safe with Paul just because of his volatility - but that was the extent of it. Now I think we all know what was really going on - the abuse was most likely going on before they came here and her mother knew all about it. That poor woman. I hereby apologize for thinking that of her. Glad Karine and Pierre are somewhere safe,and am hoping she doesn't go back to him. Unfortunately, most abused women do. And that stuff about the arson might have been on his parents' house? No wonder Father Paul wants nothing to do with him, and Mother Paul seems to be washing her hands of him. I would too! Although, given comments about "Father" in the past (like Mother and Paul were afraid of him) and Paul's apparent control/anger issues I wonder if there was any abuse in his childhood. Something like that - he likes younger, naive women he can control, is manipulative (threatening divorce before, taking her green card/immigration docs and Pierre's passport, etc.) and has anger issues. It all reads like there's something in the past that has effed him up mentally in a big way. Or he could just be a standard-issue sociopath. Either way, I can easily see him winding up that guy who goes on a shooting spree before killing himself. Or barricading himself in a house before shooting himself. I just hope Karine and the baby are long gone when that happens.

Also, @mamadrama, so sorry about what you went through trying to reach out and help! Hugs from a neighbor to the north (Ohio)!