Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thank You and Good Night

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have been witness to the way a company acts when they want to distance themselves from someone. It is not pretty. As far as I have seen, there has been no intent to distance Bethenny from Beam. They had their brand front and center with her, and always have. If last season offended anyone, they could have easily told her that they didn't want to be tied to the person she represented on the show. If they had told her to be good, she wouldn't have ripped off her clothes and jumped into the pool. I worked with the current President at Beam many years ago when he was far younger and worked at another company. He is tough and doesn't put up with a lot of shit that he doesn't want to put up with. He is also a marketing genius.  From what I have heard, they love the shit out of Bethenny. 

Kewl!

I also think Bethenny will never leave the RHONY franchise because this is the best fit for her in terms of getting free advertising for her brand. It won't fly on the Real Estate show other than when she and Frederick meet at her residence and she has her SKG stuff laying around. It also doesn't work on Shark Tank, there will be a few mentions of SKG but no way will the product placement be all over the place.

The only other place it would work is if Bethenny gets a spin off - let's say Single SkinnyGirl - with her and Carole living the single life

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

When I read your first comment,  I knew you meant personal branding. But I have to disagree on this. Lu excels at making herself likeable and memorable yes,  but she is nowhere near the name recognition of Bethany. Bethany isn't necessarily known as likeable,  but she's KNOWN in comparison to Lu. 

Clearly I erred in my wording.  I found it ironic that Beth gave Ramona a dressing down about her behavior prior to going to the tequila tasting, when she herself has behaved appallingly when  a guest in someone else's home.  Beth's vulgarities would be very off-putting for me if I were a dinner guest at the same dinner table or restaurant.  Luanne did break down when Beth exposed Tom's infidelity {on camera}, but other than that she always seems to stay cool and calm, even in the face of very hostile attacks.  She is  unruffled.  Beth does not seem to be able to accept any criticism, constructive or  otherwise.  It is true that she has improved this past season, but at the same time she is able to pick and choose whose events she will attend, even going so far as to sit in a waiting car for Carole after one such function

I am not disputing Beth's  SG success.  She worked hard for it and deserves it. In season's 1 and 2 though, I found her to be a much more pleasant person, funny and likeable.  Now she is crass and vulgar, for no other reason it would appear, than shock value.  She is downright rude all too often. I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Beth make headlines for having a tantrum at a Coldplay performance last summer, embarrassing her hosts. 

Luanne may be bland, but I can't see anyone having to sit her down and explain the necessity for correct deportment at a social function.   

No, I would not buy any item in the Countess line.  And not just because I am short.  Without exception , anything I have seem is unattractive with poor fabric choices.  The only time I have heard her music is on the show.  In terms of merchandise, Luanne has been an utter failure. 

That said, I wouldn't buy any SG product either.  I don't care for premixed cocktails and I am very particular about my spirits. :)

• Love 15
18 hours ago, LadyK said:

Luanne walks into a room like she owns the place.

Sonja would agree with you. Remember in season 5 when she bitched about Lu entering a room first? How it wasn't fair because she's taller? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LadyK said:

Clearly I erred in my wording.  I found it ironic that Beth gave Ramona a dressing down about her behavior prior to going to the tequila tasting, when she herself has behaved appallingly when  a guest in someone else's home.  Beth's vulgarities would be very off-putting for me if I were a dinner guest at the same dinner table or restaurant.  Luanne did break down when Beth exposed Tom's infidelity {on camera}, but other than that she always seems to stay cool and calm, even in the face of very hostile attacks.  She is  unruffled.  Beth does not seem to be able to accept any criticism, constructive or  otherwise.  It is true that she has improved this past season, but at the same time she is able to pick and choose whose events she will attend, even going so far as to sit in a waiting car for Carole after one such function

I am not disputing Beth's  SG success.  She worked hard for it and deserves it. In season's 1 and 2 though, I found her to be a much more pleasant person, funny and likeable.  Now she is crass and vulgar, for no other reason it would appear, than shock value.  She is downright rude all too often. I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Beth make headlines for having a tantrum at a Coldplay performance last summer, embarrassing her hosts. 

Luanne may be bland, but I can't see anyone having to sit her down and explain the necessity for correct deportment at a social function.   

No, I would not buy any item in the Countess line.  And not just because I am short.  Without exception , anything I have seem is unattractive with poor fabric choices.  The only time I have heard her music is on the show.  In terms of merchandise, Luanne has been an utter failure. 

That said, I wouldn't buy any SG product either.  I don't care for premixed cocktails and I am very particular about my spirits. :)

I'm unsure about the Coldplay thing, but it sounds legit. I'm a Bethany supporter,  mainly because some of what is said about her seems to me to be excessive,  but you are spot on with your commentary on her. So much of her commentary now seems to be a put on of what came naturally at first, and she's so mean spirited about it. Though I have to say she's improved 200 percent over last year.  

These women do at least provide interesting anthropological examples (I'm looking specifically at Beth,  Ramona,  and Shannon from the OC) of how adverse life events and stress can amplify an already annoying personality. 

I don't find Lu bland,  I find her charming when she isn't trying to lord it over other people because of her marital status or her supposed manners, if she had any she wouldn't consistently call people out in public,  she's pull them aside and speak to them. But then again,  if she can't display these things as publicly as possible,  do they count?

Back when I was still drinking I tried the SG wine, forgettable, and her margarita mix, sweet and chemically tasting, but like you I don't like mixes. I'd never buy any of Lu's clothes, while she has good taste for herself,  her line looked cheap and borderline tacky to me. 

• Love 5
On 8/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, Cupcake04 said:

At the party, did anyone else notice the older woman sitting with the plaid skirt and the black velvet cat ears?  who the hell was that and why was she  wearing cat ears or am I nuts?. lol

I didn't notice cat's ears, but there were a few frames showing an older woman seated at a table.  I remember she was wearing a full skirt of some kind.  White hair with a headband possibly.  She looked really familiar.  I know I have seen her before but I cannot remember in what context.   

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

OeI'm unsure about the Coldplay thing, but it sounds legit. I'm a Bethany supporter,  mainly because some of what is said about her seems to me to be excessive,  but you are spot on with your commentary on her. So much of her commentary now seems to be a put on of what came naturally at first, and she's so mean spirited about it. Though I have to say she's improved 200 percent over last year.  

These women do at least provide interesting anthropological examples (I'm looking specifically at Beth,  Ramona,  and Shannon from the OC) of how adverse life events and stress can amplify an already annoying personality. 

I don't find Lu bland,  I find her charming when she isn't trying to lord it over other people because of her marital status or her supposed manners, if she had any she wouldn't consistently call people out in public,  she's pull them aside and speak to them. But then again,  if she can't display these things as publicly as possible,  do they count?

Back when I was still drinking I tried the SG wine, forgettable, and her margarita mix, sweet and chemically tasting, but like you I don't like mixes. I'd never buy any of Lu's clothes, while she has good taste for herself,  her line looked cheap and borderline tacky to me. 

One thing that I don't think Bethenny has done a great job of, is making her other products part of the PR game she is doing on the show. Case in point, most times when folks say they don't like her products, or wouldn't try them for whatever reason, they always mention the booze. I am in complete agreement here. I have tried several over the years, and have never liked any of her alcoholic products. The thing is, she has a lot more stuff than that, but we don't see a lot of it on the show. Perhaps because it is harder to work into segments than is the alcohol? For the record, the truffles are to die for, and I could eat the popcorn every single day. Haven't tried the deli meat yet, but I will because I have heard it is really good.

• Love 8

I could eat the popcorn every single day.

Which flavor?  I saw it at my local Wegmans.  What I thought was interesting was that the label emphasized that it was "created with Orville Redenbacher."  Speaking of placements, you'd think she could place popcorn.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I didn't notice cat's ears, but there were a few frames showing an older woman seated at a table.  I remember she was wearing a full skirt of some kind.  White hair with a headband possibly.  She looked really familiar.  I know I have seen her before but I cannot remember in what context.   

It was Sonja sans makeup

• Love 2

I finally watched the finale.  I'm so sad it's over....what a great season.  I read this entire thread before watching, and it's so funny how people see things so differently.  ???

I paid very close attention, and at no time did Beth say anything about Carole's apartment smelling like cat pee.  She mentioned it was as hot as a sauna in there, and Carole apologized by saying she couldn't open a window because she had no screens.  The windows on my home don't have screens because the windows are all large and some are an odd size.  The few that came with screens don't have them because I don't like the look of screens on some windows, and none on the others, and due to allergies, we don't open our windows often.  We also have a dog and 2 cats, and our house doesn't smell.  

So, Tinsley is paying $7,000/month to live in a hotel?  It seems like such a waste.  That is one spoiled princess.  I'm not sure she can settle down with someone who isn't a billionaire.  I thought she looked beautiful at the party, but hated her dress.  The party she planned seemed nice, but did I miss the food?  The cake was gorgeous though.

Ramona is just a fucking bitch.  Constantly saying that Sonja wasn't coming to the party was so rude.  The scenes of her with Sonja really accentuates how horrible she looks now.  Sonja looks 15 years younger and her skin is beautiful. I don't believe Ramona will ever get married again.  She is just ugly to the core.

I understood Sonja's frustration with Tinsley and the party.  Tinsley complained A LOT--!!!  Like it or not, it was Sonja's home and Tinsley could leave at any moment.  I thought Sonja was very drunk by the time she received her gift certificate, and what she did was just so Sonja...announcing the dollar amount and rubbing it between her legs.  Dammit, I can't help but like her.  She and Frenchie aren't fooling me, but if it makes Ramona feel horrible, and gives Sonja pleasure, I'm all for it.

Beth's new apartment is beautiful and huge.  I can't wait, until next season, to see it renovated.  I would be shocked if she didn't return.  I liked what she said to Ramona about having hope for love and how she commiserated with Sonja about Tinsley and the party.  I thought she looked beautiful in her dress.  She seems genuinely happier this season, and her TH's are the best!

I was happy to see John at Dorinda's, but the Beyoncé knockoff dress was over the top, ugly and tacky.  I just cannot picture Dorinda in that dress.  I was not a fan of Dorinda's pink fur shrug at the party either.  I do love Dorinda's apartment and I believe she gets along well with John because she is not as elegant as she would have us believe.  I wasn't surprised to hear her say she would burn Sonja's house down instead of throwing her a party....she is a mean girl at heart.  I do love having her on the show though.  She's fun to watch, but Princess Diana, she is not.

The scene of Tom & Missy, behind Lu's back, broke my heart.  I am actually happy that Lu didn't hang around any longer with that cad than she did.  He and Missy are both pieces of shit, and so is Ramona for bringing Missy to the party.  I'm sure Lu is heartbroken, and I feel bad for her, but she deserves so much better than that jackass she married.  I realize she was warned, but sometimes in life we have to experience the hard knocks ourselves.  It hurts, but we learn and move on.  I sincerely hope if Lu returns next season, it won't be a chorus of I told you so.  Ramona didn't experience that backlash when she was dumped, after lording her great marriage over everyone, and the ladies were aware of Mario's cheating.  Ramona even refused to discuss Mario at the reunion, so why Lu should be subjected to extra humiliation, seems unfair, cruel and unnecessary.

I have always liked Carole, and I think this was her best season.  She got along with everyone.  I loved how she made it clear that the Fuck You party was a joke, and called the ladies out on being so critical of the unflattering framed picture Tinsley gifted to Sonja.  I love her apartment, and really hope she returns next season.  I really like her carefree attitude and how she admitted she didn't want to live with a man, that she is fine being alone.  I wish more women had that confidence.  Not sure why she needed to pick anything up during the walk, as her dog just peed. I just need her to hang out with Heather more on camera.  ?

• Love 10

Which flavor?  I saw it at my local Wegmans.  What I thought was interesting was that the label emphasized that it was "created with Orville Redenbacher."  Speaking of placements, you'd think she could place popcorn.

The lime is my favorite but the butter is really good as well.  OR used to have the popcorn that popped best in my microwave.  Then they switched to these cardboard baskets and it doesn't pop for poop.  However, SG pops like OR used to.  I think her brand is being packaged on the old equipment.  She has placed popcorn while filming with Fred.  She did highlight her teas and coffee in Tinsley's basket.  So she tries but lets face it, these women are hard drinking women.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I finally watched the finale.  I'm so sad it's over....what a great season.  I read this entire thread before watching, and it's so funny how people see things so differently.  ???

I paid very close attention, and at no time did Beth say anything about Carole's apartment smelling like cat pee.  She mentioned it was as hot as a sauna in there, and Carole apologized by saying she couldn't open a window because she had no screens.  The windows on my home don't have screens because the windows are all large and some are an odd size.  The few that came with screens don't have them because I don't like the look of screens on some windows, and none on the others, and due to allergies, we don't open our windows often.  We also have a dog and 2 cats, and our house doesn't smell.  

So, Tinsley is paying $7,000/month to live in a hotel?  It seems like such a waste.  That is one spoiled princess.  I'm not sure she can settle down with someone who isn't a billionaire.  I thought she looked beautiful at the party, but hated her dress.  The party she planned seemed nice, but did I miss the food?  The cake was gorgeous though.

Ramona is just a fucking bitch.  Constantly saying that Sonja wasn't coming to the party was so rude.  The scenes of her with Sonja really accentuates how horrible she looks now.  Sonja looks 15 years younger and her skin is beautiful. I don't believe Ramona will ever get married again.  She is just ugly to the core.

I understood Sonja's frustration with Tinsley and the party.  Tinsley complained A LOT--!!!  Like it or not, it was Sonja's home and Tinsley could leave at any moment.  I thought Sonja was very drunk by the time she received her gift certificate, and what she did was just so Sonja...announcing the dollar amount and rubbing it between her legs.  Dammit, I can't help but like her.  She and Frenchie aren't fooling me, but if it makes Ramona feel horrible, and gives Sonja pleasure, I'm all for it.

Beth's new apartment is beautiful and huge.  I can't wait, until next season, to see it renovated.  I would be shocked if she didn't return.  I liked what she said to Ramona about having hope for love and how she commiserated with Sonja about Tinsley and the party.  I thought she looked beautiful in her dress.  She seems genuinely happier this season, and her TH's are the best!

I was happy to see John at Dorinda's, but the Beyoncé knockoff dress was over the top, ugly and tacky.  I just cannot picture Dorinda in that dress.  I was not a fan of Dorinda's pink fur shrug at the party either.  I do love Dorinda's apartment and I believe she gets along well with John because she is not as elegant as she would have us believe.  I wasn't surprised to hear her say she would burn Sonja's house down instead of throwing her a party....she is a mean girl at heart.  I do love having her on the show though.  She's fun to watch, but Princess Diana, she is not.

The scene of Tom & Missy, behind Lu's back, broke my heart.  I am actually happy that Lu didn't hang around any longer with that cad than she did.  He and Missy are both pieces of shit, and so is Ramona for bringing Missy to the party.  I'm sure Lu is heartbroken, and I feel bad for her, but she deserves so much better than that jackass she married.  I realize she was warned, but sometimes in life we have to experience the hard knocks ourselves.  It hurts, but we learn and move on.  I sincerely hope if Lu returns next season, it won't be a chorus of I told you so.  Ramona didn't experience that backlash when she was dumped, after lording her great marriage over everyone, and the ladies were aware of Mario's cheating.  Ramona even refused to discuss Mario at the reunion, so why Lu should be subjected to extra humiliation, seems unfair, cruel and unnecessary.

I have always liked Carole, and I think this was her best season.  She got along with everyone.  I loved how she made it clear that the Fuck You party was a joke, and called the ladies out on being so critical of the unflattering framed picture Tinsley gifted to Sonja.  I love her apartment, and really hope she returns next season.  I really like her carefree attitude and how she admitted she didn't want to live with a man, that she is fine being alone.  I wish more women had that confidence.  Not sure why she needed to pick anything up during the walk, as her dog just peed. I just need her to hang out with Heather more on camera.  ?

It broke my heart too, and I agree with you regarding your opinion of Tom, Missy, and particularly Ramona.  Ramona was quick to lord her sham of a marriage over the others for years, but has spent much of the past year sabotaging and undermining Luanne's happiness.   Yes, Tom is a complete and utter cad;  Luanne went in with blinders, rose coloured glasses, and probably one of  Ramona's big floppy brimmed hats to boot!  There are times when one cannot be dissuaded.  Many years ago I met my own Tom... and was fortunate that with university, time and distance took care of things..... but if he showed up on my doorstep tomorrow, I have no doubt I would fall back into his arms blissfully, consequences be damned.  I would like to think age and experience would make the difference, but am very uncertain my own good sense with this oh-so-charismatic bad boy from my youth. .

This was a better season with Carole , dinner conversations notwithstanding, but I have always enjoyed her friendship with Heather the most  They brought the best out in one another and were a pleasure to watch together, women with whom one could imagine enjoying good-natured fun.  I have no doubt that Beth and Carole's friendship is very real; unfortunately, there were too many instances where I cringed at their glee with their  nastiness to the others; truly unpleasant.  Carole did seem to rise above that this season and there were several times when she demonstrated an empathy of the Carole from seasons past. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Agree with just about everything you said, especially the bit about Dorinda. She is definitely inelegant but I do like most of her clothes, though. I will never stop wanting that Missoni cape!

I do think that Luann should not have married Tom. Deep down inside she must have known it was a really, really bad idea. I know the girls weren't the most gracious about Tom's indiscretions, but I think they were genuinely concerned for Luann. Why did she do it? It's hard to believe she really thought he would change his spots.

Tinsley needs to grow the fuck up, as does Ramona, who also needs to bob her hair and cut some bangs. She looked really bad toward the end of the season. Hair too long and skin too tanned. 

Someone said that Luanne, Bethenny and Sonja had blue collar upbringings. I think it's more Luann, Ramona, Dorinda, Sonja and maybe Carole. While Bethenny's family may not have been to the manor born, they had money, ergo boarding school and all of the privileges Ramona screamed at her about during their fight in the Berkshires. 

I have always loved Carole and she did not let me down this season, even though she was a bit cattier than in past seasons. I'm cool with that, though. I also don't think she's trying to hang onto her youth or whatever the criticism has been. She's financially independent enough to appear like she's living a more youthful lifestyle, but she's really just fucking free to be whatever she wants, and I wish I could be, too.

Money aside, Bethenny has gone through some shit and I am glad that she's got her laugh back, as she said. I love her snark and will never forget how sad it was when she and Jill were standing outside of wherever and Bethenny, who was in a very Jackie O coat and carrying a Kelly bag, was having her heart broken by Jill Zarin.

I'm sorry the season is already over. The news reports before it began indicated that it was going to be so slow and boring, but it was really good. These are my favorite ho-wives. The OC bitches are almost unwatchable.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

None of the NY HWs, including Tinsley, are considered "High Society"! LOL

Tinz very much WAS -- when she was married to Mortimer.  Her mother is apparently very well known in PB.   Here in NYC?  Not so much.  Anyhoo, NOW Tinz is just as much of an outcast & outsider to NYC high society as the rest of the cast.

Actually, the ONLY one connected to the show who presently has real & true connections to the high society set is Jillzy.  She's not really part of that set, but she does know them.  Whether she realizes it or not, they'll never accept her fully into that crowd.

Both Sonja & Lu are in the same situation.  They were in that crowd & went to the hoity-toidy parties & charity events, and traveled in the same circles as high society set, but were probably never fully accepted.

With Tinz, it was different.  She was from old money herself & then she married a Social Register blue blood.  Ah, but then she divorced Mortimer & made a ridiculous spectacle of herself & earned a rep of being a holy terror -- and this was before she banished herself to PB & got arrested in such a publicly humiliating & embarrassing way.  Oy!  

Oh, Tinz may have a few loyal fancy-schmancy friends left, but very few.  Nope, I bet most peeps from the high society crowd make just-smelled-poop faces when they see Tinz & flee to avoid her.  Poor Tinz.  She seems bored & lonely & aimless & sad.  I'm not believing she's into the bearded chubby guy.  She seems starved for company.  Why else would she wanna hang with a bore like Carole (who might stink of cat pee) or a bitter, raging, nasty, unpleasant loon like Bethenny (who could tear into her anytime with a vicious/horrible rant)?  Poor Tinz.

• Love 6

Skinnygirl is small potatoes in the Beam Suntory world.  Yes, Beth made a great deal and I congratulate her success but they don't even mention the brand in the highlights of their year end 2016 report.  They do mention in their RTD category another brand whose sale are up.   No Skinnygirl.

I think Beth pushes the spirits part of Skinnygirl world because that's where she can make the most money because of the 'potential' of the Beam deal.

As for Tins, what's the difference between paying seven grand a month for a one bedroom or seven grand a month to stay in a high end hotel with room and maid service.  I guess YMMV.  Either choice is well...doesn't suck that's for sure.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

Skinnygirl is small potatoes in the Beam Suntory world.  Yes, Beth made a great deal and I congratulate her success but they don't even mention the brand in the highlights of their year end 2016 report.  They do mention in their RTD category another brand whose sale are up.   No Skinnygirl.

I think Beth pushes the spirits part of Skinnygirl world because that's where she can make the most money because of the 'potential' of the Beam deal.

As for Tins, what's the difference between paying seven grand a month for a one bedroom or seven grand a month to stay in a high end hotel with room and maid service.  I guess YMMV.  Either choice is well...doesn't suck that's for sure.

I could be déclassé but I'd rather be in a place where I could at least do my own laundry. 

• Love 3
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

I could be déclassé but I'd rather be in a place where I could at least do my own laundry. 

If you have a washer/dryer in your apartment.  Or are you going down the basement?  Anyhow, if you can afford seven grand a month, you can afford laundry service.  :)

I highly doubt that Tins has done her own laundry since college. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

There is literally no way Tinsley isn't sending out most of her clothes for dry cleaning and everything else for wash and fold so it makes no difference if it's an apartment or hotel.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There is literally no way Tinsley isn't sending out most of her clothes for dry cleaning and everything else for wash and fold so it makes no difference if it's an apartment or hotel.

Right. She gets a discount at John's !!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wow, I am so clumsy at this.  Apologies for the mangled quotes.  I have had the privilege of staying in some very fine suites in beautiful hotels around the world.  It really is lovely to stay in such beautiful environs for a few weeks and be utterly spoiled.  But in the end, they are still impersonal hotel rooms, even if they encompass an entire floor.   I believe Tinsley fancies herself as a modern day Eloise,  We love the Eloise books in our household and I have read them to both my sons and daughters when they were small.  Eloise's antics, both naughty and good-hearted had us enamoured with her.  My adult daughters still love to pull out Eloise books over the winter holidays. Part  of the charm of these books  is the fantasy of a child living an adult life in a posh hotel.  It is not so charming in reverse.   One of my favourite quotes is Mencius' "A great man is he who has not lost the heart of a child."  But that does not mean that one must not grow up and assume the responsibilities of life and contribute to society.  Tinsley, you are not a child and it is time to grow up "Petra Pan". 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, LadyK said:

My adult daughters still love to pull out Eloise books over the winter holidays. Part  of the charm of these books  is the fantasy of a child living an adult life in a posh hotel.  It is not so charming in reverse.  

Tinsley's place is basically just a Jr. One bedroom/studio (I forget if the it was all in one room) with room and maid service. It had a complete kitchen in addition to a minibar, most of these long term rentals at high end hotels aren't different than any other apartments except better amenities and fully furnished. I have a friend who lived in one at the Four Seasons for a few months and they helped her switch out the art and replace some of the furniture with pieces she owned. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, LadyK said:

Wow, I am so clumsy at this.  Apologies for the mangled quotes.  I have had the privilege of staying in some very fine suites in beautiful hotels around the world.  It really is lovely to stay in such beautiful environs for a few weeks and be utterly spoiled.  But in the end, they are still impersonal hotel rooms, even if they encompass an entire floor.   I believe Tinsley fancies herself as a modern day Eloise,  We love the Eloise books in our household and I have read them to both my sons and daughters when they were small.  Eloise's antics, both naughty and good-hearted had us enamoured with her.  My adult daughters still love to pull out Eloise books over the winter holidays. Part  of the charm of these books  is the fantasy of a child living an adult life in a posh hotel.  It is not so charming in reverse.   One of my favourite quotes is Mencius' "A great man is he who has not lost the heart of a child."  But that does not mean that one must not grow up and assume the responsibilities of life and contribute to society.  Tinsley, you are not a child and it is time to grow up "Petra Pan". 

But what's wrong with being Eloise for a time?  I'd love it if I could afford it.  It's not like she's been or is living this.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

But what's wrong with being Eloise for a time?  I'd love it if I could afford it.  It's not like she's been or is living this.

True, she has definitely not been living an Eloise life at Sonja's.  The time in that crumbling townhouse can have only exacerbated the PTSD from domestic abuse that she suffered at the hands of her PB boyfriend. Tnsley may not have been the most gracious guest, but Sonja was a dreadful hostess...{take a lesson or three from Dorinda, Sonja!}  I still see a middle aged woman trying, unsuccessfully, to recapture the idyllic, carefree days of her youth.  I love Mencius' quote,  And I try to live it at every possibility.  But it does not prevent me from accepting the very real responsibilities of day to day life. This past season has shown me Tinsley only shirking those responsibilities. I have not experienced the dreadful abuse which Tinsley has endured so I am certainly altogether out of turn speaking to her situation,, She seems to have the financial resources so perhaps it is the trauma that has impacted her in this way.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

From what I have heard, they love the shit out of Bethenny. 

I suppose nothing should surprise me about corporate America, but Beam Suntory digging a woman who has slut shamed,  harassed a woman with an eating disorder, and tossed obscenity-laden insults  around like confetti is pathetic. 

9 hours ago, ichbin said:

I remember she was wearing a full skirt of some kind.  White hair with a headband possibly.  She looked really familiar.  I know I have seen her before but I cannot remember in what context.   

It was Bunny MacDougall -- Trey's mom!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LadyK said:

Enh, to each their own.  One of our dear friends lives at the Four Seasons and has so for around 3 years now. We lived at a hotel (2 bedroom suite) for a couple of months when we first got to Dubai and were figuring out where we wanted to live.  My husband is after me to move to the Ritz-Carlton. I like the privacy of having my own place but I also liked having the convenience of the spa, housekeeping, room service, etc. It ultimately didn't work for us right now because we have small children and I worried about the baby keeping our neighbors awake (the guy across the hall from us had lived at that particular hotel for a couple of years). 

• Love 4

Beam Suntory digging a woman who has slut shamed,  harassed a woman with an eating disorder, and tossed obscenity-laden insults  around like confetti is pathetic. 

Hey, at least she hasn't accused someone in public of being a pedophile...

As long as there aren't stairs, bushes, and booze...then it becomes all ass over tits.

Luann seemed to be channeling her inner Sonja that night...

The thing is, she has a lot more stuff than that, but we don't see a lot of it on the show. Perhaps because it is harder to work into segments than is the alcohol?

I think events sponsored by alcohol products make more sense, than, say, events sponsored by popcorn or candy products. Plus isn't everything under the SG banner anyway?

Luanne went in with blinders, rose coloured glasses, and probably one of  Ramona's big floppy brimmed hats to boot!  There are times when one cannot be dissuaded.

It can be hard to dissuade someone when they are doing the equivalent of closing their eyes, sticking their fingers in the ears, while shouting "LalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaIcan'thearyoulalalalalalalalalalalIloveTom!lalalalalalalalalalalaIcan'thear you!"

It ultimately didn't work for us right now because we have small children and I worried about the baby keeping our neighbors awake (the guy across the hall from us had lived at that particular hotel for a couple of years). 

That's probably why it could work for Tinsley. She's single, isn't responsible for anyone else, can come and go as she pleases whenever she wants, etc. I'm not sure I could live in a hotel suite/apartment for a long period of time, but hey, if that is what works for her now...

• Love 5
7 hours ago, film noire said:

I suppose nothing should surprise me about corporate America, but Beam Suntory digging a woman who has slut shamed,  harassed a woman with an eating disorder, and tossed obscenity-laden insults  around like confetti is pathetic. 

It was Bunny MacDougall -- Trey's mom!

Sex & The City????

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Hey, at least she hasn't accused someone in public of being a pedophile...

At a public event with multiple housewives in attendance that was being filmed yet not one sound bite or video evidence or anyone coming forward to back up the claim, just like it also supposedly happened on twitter but no screen shots of the offending texts?  I call shenanigans on this one.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

I'd call shenanigans too, but since the person in question apologized for it, then it must have happened...I mean, what idiot would apologize for something they didn't do?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'd call shenanigans too, but since the person in question apologized for it, then it must have happened...I mean, what idiot would apologize for something they didn't do?

Lu said she had no recollection of it but said she would apologize because Carole kept bringing it up.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I hear ya, but would that be their first fail or their second failure? 

HaHA!   Well, that second "failure" involved her death, so it wasn't in the same category for me.   The first marriage of Robert and Natalie was fun for me and my teenage friends; they got married in Scottsdale my senior year of high school (I lived in Phoenix) in December 1957. They divorced in April 1962.

• Love 4

RE: hotel life. I was forced out of my house by Hurricane Sandy and lived in a hotel for 9 months. It was the best 9 months of my life, and at the end I started crunching numbers to see if it was doable to move in permanently. I moved back home but there are many times when I want to up and move back!

Damn I am going to miss this season of the NY gals. I can barely stomach anyone on OC.

• Love 9

Re: Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner, it just goes to show that sometimes love is better the 2nd time around. Sometimes an ex shold stay an ex but then there are those true loves we are lucky enough to get another chance at love with. L'amour, l'amour!!!!

Hotel life: I have read and seen stories about retirees who travel around and live in hotels. No home upkeep plus room service! Also, retirees who live on cruise ships....Retirement goals

• Love 3
11 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Enh, to each their own.  One of our dear friends lives at the Four Seasons and has so for around 3 years now. We lived at a hotel (2 bedroom suite) for a couple of months when we first got to Dubai and were figuring out where we wanted to live.  My husband is after me to move to the Ritz-Carlton. I like the privacy of having my own place but I also liked having the convenience of the spa, housekeeping, room service, etc. It ultimately didn't work for us right now because we have small children and I worried about the baby keeping our neighbors awake (the guy across the hall from us had lived at that particular hotel for a couple of years). 

I wonder if Tinz ends up staying in the hotel indefinitely.  As you implied in your situation, most see it as very much a temporary option.  But not everyone -- and for various reasons.  In the end, it is a more expensive option than renting a place.  But if expense is not a concern, & food & maid service is a big plus, then it is a viable option.

Idk, to me, it seems like for the transient or the rich & old. Tinz seems to be avoiding planting roots, and there's a lot of reasons for that.  Still say she seems really, really sad.  Living long term in a hotel -- even a fancy-schmancy one, would drive me nuts.

But Tinz actually lived with Sonja (that's wacky enough) in her crumbling townhouse, so it speaks volumes on who Tinz is.  Sad, sad, sad.  But then again, that could describe Carole & Bethenny too.  They forming a club or what?  The sad girls club?  Guess they could invite Moaner in too.  And maybe Lu?  Sigh, hope next season isn't a dark one.

• Love 1

I stayed in a hotel in Minneapolis with my grandparents when I was nine years old.  The ENTIRE SUMMER!   I didn't have to share anything with my bratty sisters and I lived the life of a little princess.  Didn't have that life before or happily ever after.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I stayed in a hotel in Minneapolis with my grandparents when I was nine years old.  The ENTIRE SUMMER!   I didn't have to share anything with my bratty sisters and I lived the life of a little princess.  Didn't have that life before or happily ever after.

What an amazing memory, Former Nun -- sounds like a blast.

• Love 8
On August 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM, ghoulina said:

Sonja would agree with you. Remember in season 5 when she bitched about Lu entering a room first? How it wasn't fair because she's taller? 

Lol. And Sonja claimed that Lu practically shoved others out of her way to make her statuesque entries. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I had the same experience as you as a kid and I adored it too.  As an adult & here in Manhattan?  No way in hell would I wanna do that.  Even at The Four Seasons or some other high end place.  First off, hotels here, even the so-called best ones, don't necessarily offer the best services -- for food, laundry or housekeeping.  You can easily order much better service yourself.  There are always a ton of much better options -- particularly in Manhattan.

Idk, that Tinz landed up in a hotel seems so so sad to me.  She's avoiding any reponsibility for taking control of her life.  She seems like an old person checking into a nursing home, just on a fancier level.  With all her money, she seems so pathetic.  Ah, but with the group on this show, she fits right in perfectly.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I wonder if Tinz ends up staying in the hotel indefinitely.  As you implied in your situation, most see it as very much a temporary option.  But not everyone -- and for various reasons.  In the end, it is a more expensive option than renting a place.  But if expense is not a concern, & food & maid service is a big plus, then it is a viable option.

Idk, to me, it seems like for the transient or the rich & old. Tinz seems to be avoiding planting roots, and there's a lot of reasons for that.  Still say she seems really, really sad.  Living long term in a hotel -- even a fancy-schmancy one, would drive me nuts.

But Tinz actually lived with Sonja (that's wacky enough) in her crumbling townhouse, so it speaks volumes on who Tinz is.  Sad, sad, sad.  But then again, that could describe Carole & Bethenny too.  They forming a club or what?  The sad girls club?  Guess they could invite Moaner in too.  And maybe Lu?  Sigh, hope next season isn't a dark one.

Scot is moving to NYC so I have little doubt that they're going to move in together.  I also have doubts about Tins actually living with Sonja full time.  I think that maybe she spent her time in a hotel on the days they weren't filming at the townhouse.  I could be wrong on that.

Edited to add, according to Tins blog, they are moving in together:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/tinsley-mortimer/tinsley-mortimer-i-did-the-best

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

I have not really been a fan of Bethenny since just after she gave birth.  The first few seasons she was okay.  In my opinion, she often fit Ramona's description of the "Bitchy Witch".  This season she is winning me back a bit.  You have to give her props for achieving what she has.  Do I think her success was part hustle, part exposure from the show, and part luck, YES.  After all, she didn't invent the atom, she didn't even invent the margarita, only a lower cal version.  Still she made herself millions.  Anyway, we'll she how she fares in popularity as time goes by.  Either way she never had to worry financially  again.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 2
On August 9, 2017 at 10:21 PM, Box305 said:

Luann said something very telling in a TH during the episode when she stressed that SHE was happy. Totally dismissing Tom's feelings. No wonder the sham marriage ended so quickly. 

If I could like this post a thousand times I would.  I don't believe Luann ever wanted to get married, never wanted a real husband.  I think Luann wanted a wedding, wanted to be the center of attention, to have people fawning over her.  I sensed she was more into the idea of "The Wedding" than "The Marriage."

• Love 6
On 8/15/2017 at 2:33 PM, film noire said:

What an amazing memory, Former Nun -- sounds like a blast.

I had a dressmaker and little dresses and suits.  I went to the hairdresser.  I went to my grandmother's art classes--but just sat there and did nothing.  I got to operate the switchboard, elevator, and a MANGLE in the basement laundry.  No other kids in the hotel.  And then...my mother tracked me down and I went back to real life...a housing project initially.  Still, I probably turned out better than if I'd lived in that luxury (I continue to tell myself).

• Love 7