Type keyword(s) to search

Luann & Tom's Divorce: The Slap Heard 'Round the (RH) World

• Start Topic

Guesses On Why Luann and Tom Decided to Divorce?   POLL OPEN

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Gah, I hate how behind I am on all of this silliness but I went with option C, that he's having some kind of financial issue. I can see her playing dumb about the cheating but if he's not able to provide her with the material things she wants and expects, I see that being the bigger dealbreaker for her. 

Wow, I didn't realize that they'd officially thrown in the towel. What a waste of everyone's freaking time. 

Can we all repeat " I'm reclaiming  my time" 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is a theory Tamara Tattles is putting out-it is a bit flawed as usually the RH get all the episodes before they film the Reunion.  Any here goes.  This is from a clip on WWHL, Tom is at the rather crowded Tinsley party and his talking to Missy.  Tamara take on it:

"Toms says he gets a little choked up when he sees her. Missy says she does too.  They proceed to have an inappropriate conversation and Missy asks what is really going on?  It seems she means with Luann and the marriage.  He says, 'oh my God I have to take this off!", and she replies, 'yes! de mic."

According to Tamra after seeing this clip last night Luann decided to file for divorce.

Why is Missy hanging around?  Does Tinsley even know her or Sonja?  Ramona should be very proud of herself hanging out with this woman.

But that doesn't make sense.  If Lu had already seen the clip if they do get all the episodes before the reunion, why would she just see the clip last night?

Personally, I don't think they get to see all the episodes before the reunion.  I could be wrong.  Even Beth said on WWHL last night was she just found out that the fish that Carole caught wasn't really caught by Carole. Who knows....

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

But that doesn't make sense.  If Lu had already seen the clip if they do get all the episodes before the reunion, why would she just see the clip last night?

Personally, I don't think they get to see all the episodes before the reunion.  I could be wrong.  Even Beth said on WWHL last night was she just found out that the fish that Carole caught wasn't really caught by Carole. Who knows....

They have said that they get the unseen episodes before the reunion for years, across the entire franchise. Bethenny only said that she didn't know the fish story was a joke/lie until she saw the episode, she didn't say when she saw it though. LOL

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I thought Tamara's logic was flawed.  Tom and Luann had just been together this past weekend in Sag Harbor-not to be confused with The Hamptons.  There is another incorrect quote the Daily Mail claims Tom didn't go to Jill's event.  I believe Jill's event was all women with the exception of certain vendor types.

I do believe they see the episodes so they can be specific as to certain questions.  I remember seeing a trailer  clip where there are men coming up from the beach and Bethenny yells out something about if they are married.  I don't recall seeing that in the show. 

I think Bethenny said she didn't know about the fish tale until she saw the episode as in not specific as to when she saw the episode.  If it comes up at the Reunion we will know. 

Essentially what they would have seen is the three Mexico episodes and the finale.  Of course Sonja goes on WWHL and hasn't even seen the current episode.  It will be interesting to see if the production monkeys re-edit Wednesday's episode to include more Missy and Tom. 

• Love 7

But here's the thing.  And yep, some of us love getting into a debate with one another.  I've never heard any housewife saying they get the unaired episodes before the reunion.  And heck, I could be totally wrong. 

As for the questions during the reunion, aren't all the questions coming from viewers?  And the viewers can't question episodes that haven't aired.  And....this is what bugs many of us when they film the reunion too early?  Just a thought.  In any event, we'll find out at the reunion if anything is said about Tom with the ex and the taking off of the mic. 

I do feel sorry for Lu.  I think she really did want this to work. I don't quite understand why she needed to 'marry' Tom.  She was with Jacques for a long time without marriage.  Whether Jacques wanted to get married or not, Lu stayed with him.  And then St. Barth's happened.  I don't think the divorce had to do with financial issues.  It was Tom's inability to be faithful to Lu.  I don't think they had an open marriage and I don't think Lu signed up for that. 

I also have no doubt they had a prenup and the division of 'assets' would be pretty clear.  She keeps what is hers and he keeps what is his.  I have no idea of who is 'richer' than who but I have a feeling that there isn't a whole lot of difference in assets.  Ok.  Maybe Lu has a bit more. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Agreed. A real friend would show compassion, help her heal, and laugh when she finally says "what the hell was I thinking?"

Since Lu is not my friend, just some pompous reality housewife who made a complete fool of herself, I am enjoying every bit of this deliciousness.

Call me Petty Betty!

And since people like bethenny and Carole are just coworkers and not really friends, I'm hoping they come up with some funny one liners. Luanne did gloat a lot and claimed to have found her soulmate after a couple of weeks. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

But here's the thing.  And yep, some of us love getting into a debate with one another.  I've never heard any housewife saying they get the unaired episodes before the reunion.  And heck, I could be totally wrong. 

As for the questions during the reunion, aren't all the questions coming from viewers?  And the viewers can't question episodes that haven't aired.  And....this is what bugs many of us when they film the reunion too early?  Just a thought.  In any event, we'll find out at the reunion if anything is said about Tom with the ex and the taking off of the mic. 

I do feel sorry for Lu.  I think she really did want this to work. I don't quite understand why she needed to 'marry' Tom.  She was with Jacques for a long time without marriage.  Whether Jacques wanted to get married or not, Lu stayed with him.  And then St. Barth's happened.  I don't think the divorce had to do with financial issues.  It was Tom's inability to be faithful to Lu.  I don't think they had an open marriage and I don't think Lu signed up for that. 

I also have no doubt they had a prenup and the division of 'assets' would be pretty clear.  She keeps what is hers and he keeps what is his.  I have no idea of who is 'richer' than who but I have a feeling that there isn't a whole lot of difference in assets.  Ok.  Maybe Lu has a bit more. 

Across the board RH get the episodes before the Reunion.   I did not start right away.  Season 1 of RHOBH the first the other ladies saw of the limo fight was at the Reunion. 

I have never figured out how the questions can come from viewers when the episodes haven't aired.  It is less than perfect system.  Yet yesterday they filmed a Reunion and the finale is Tuesday.  So there is only one episode  that had not aired. (Below Deck Mediterranean)

I think I know why Luann wanted to marry Tom, he proposed and it was huge as he had never married.  She had to have felt very special and I believe Tom has quite the gift of bullshit.  I was in disbelief when he described Ramona as nice to Jill, Dorinda et al at dinner.  I always got the impression Luann was tired of dating post-Jacques. Going forward I hope Luann realizes that not only is physical fidelity important but emotional fidelity is equally important.  Luann can walk away knowing she was faithful, supportive and forgiving to Tom and that his failings aren't on her. 

I am ambivalent about the financial guess I made.  I can see a man like Tom who seems to be unfaithful and duplicitous having financial issues.  I definitely don't think they had an open marriage nor would Luann tolerate it.  I think Luann protected herself but I am curious who paid for the wedding.  One thing about Luann is she has a guaranteed income and it is a handsome one. 

I am curious what grounds Luann filed under for the divorce.    http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/newyork/new-york-divorce-laws-706.shtml  Kind of hard to file under irrevocable breakdown for six months.  Of course it sounds as if Tom won't contest the divorce.

• Love 3

I don't think the housewives see unaired episodes before the reunion. I remember this question specifically being asked in an interview with one of the housewives (I can't remember which one since it was a while ago) and I was surprised when the housewives said they didn't. I do think that they said they got some footage beforehand but not entire episodes, if I recall correctly. It might have been an interview with Kyle Richards from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but I could be totally wrong about that. Bravo also may have changed their practices since that interview was done since it was many years ago.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I don't think the housewives see unaired episodes before the reunion. I remember this question specifically being asked in an interview with one of the housewives (I can't remember which one since it was a while ago) and I was surprised when the housewives said they didn't. I do think that they said they got some footage beforehand but not entire episodes, if I recall correctly. It might have been an interview with Kyle Richards from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but I could be totally wrong about that. Bravo also may have changed their practices since that interview was done since it was many years ago.

I remember the interview-Alex McCord.  She said and it has been years ago, when she wrote a column for maybe Café Moms or Stir, they would get some unedited footage and it was tough because the Talking Heads weren't always included.  Kyle recently said they have gone from getting an overnight package to a link.  Brandi one year took photos and posted them of the episodes in the FedEx package before the Reunion. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is a theory Tamara Tattles is putting out-it is a bit flawed as usually the RH get all the episodes before they film the Reunion.  Any here goes.  This is from a clip on WWHL, Tom is at the rather crowded Tinsley party and his talking to Missy.  Tamara take on it:

According to Tamra after seeing this clip last night Luann decided to file for divorce.

Why is Missy hanging around?  Does Tinsley even know her or Sonja?  Ramona should be very proud of herself hanging out with this woman.

Why yesterday? (Nancy Kerrigan " WHYWHYWHYYYYY"!!!?) Why after the WWHL preview but before the ep? That bugs to me. Tamra Tattles has to have to traction here. I guess that Lu never watched the finale party footage. It's summer she's traveling etc. Or maybe Tom flipped a shit over Luann falling in the bushes from last week's footage. If he doesn't see that as funny and an oops moment then he IS an ass.

If there's an annulment can Luann get her courtesy title back ?! Team Lu. I've never rooted for an annullment that more than since Mo and Dani 90 Day Fiancé. 

I hate that they film the reunion so early. We can't even get the joy of asking Ramona why she was running down the beach, or laugh about all the MEX hilarity. The fall in the bushes for crissakes! Won't be on reunion. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

This question came up a few years ago, and Andy said that they get the unaired footage. If they didn't, they would never be able to answer the questions and talk about what had happened, because they film for hours and hours, and have no idea what will make the final edit. The fact that they film the reunion so far in advance of the season ending has been a thorn for many, because we only get viewer questions for 3/4 of the season, the rest of the questions are just those that Andy asks. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Why yesterday? (Nancy Kerrigan " WHYWHYWHYYYYY"!!!?) Why after the WWHL preview but before the ep? That bugs to me. Tamra Tattles has to have to traction here. I guess that Lu never watched the finale party footage. It's summer she's traveling etc. Or maybe Tom flipped a shit over Luann falling in the bushes from last week's footage. If he doesn't see that as funny and an oops moment then he IS an ass.

If there's an annulment can Luann get her courtesy title back ?! Team Lu. I've never rooted for an annullment that more than since Mo and Dani 90 Day Fiancé. 

I hate that they film the reunion so early. We can't even get the joy of asking Ramona why she was running down the beach, or laugh about all the MEX hilarity. The fall in the bushes for crissakes! Won't be on reunion. 

But Andy can still ask about it. You will notice that only about 50% or so of the questions are from viewers. A lot of the questions are from Andy himself, or come up out of the conversation that takes place among the gals. 

The reunions have changed so much over the years. In the beginning, the reunion was filmed with only an episode or two left to air. Now there is almost 1/3 of the season left to go, so the gals would have to see the footage to know what to comment on. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I can't imagine Ramona could possibly be proud of herself but there really are no depths she won't sink to.  Last thing Luann needs to do is see Ramona's mug.   

Two wrongs do not make a right, but I just remembered iirc in Morocco they were at some kind of fortune teller. Luann was cackling and being passive aggressive (as usual) making comments to Ramona about Mario/her marriage. I believe there had been other comments as well from Luann before /after the trip.

I remember Luann being giddy about it too. So, she was the first to act in this cruel way.

Not that what Ramona did or will do is right, but Luann supplied most of the ammo for Ramona and the others. If Luann had to pick a man to marry from a list of 100 men, she insisted on going off list and picking the biggest reject. She also treated the women very badly too.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe Jill's event was all women with the exception of certain vendor types.

According to an article I read yesterday (can't remember which one) because of Bobby being extremely ill again (aggressive cancer) and is hospitalized Jill opened the event for the first time to the public to try and raise as much money as possible for thyroid cancer research.

Most if not all the articles said Tom did not attend , as in he was supposed to but bailed, so it sounds like men were allowed.

• Love 1

I do wonder how Luann will spin the divorce.  Will she share her pain and reach out to the ladies for support? Will she act strong and play it off as an amicable thing and that she and Tom work better as friends?  Not sure.....but, I will say that based on what I have seen of her, (especially in that special show that featured each housewife that aired last year) she is a very strong person.  I feel like she has a very strong core and that she will not be broken. At least not like Sonja and Ramona, though their marriages were much longer in duration. Maybe, she's just more pragmatic in her philosophy about life.  Still.....this has to be a tough time for her.  I hope she has a reply ready for all those "I told you so" responders. 

• Love 5

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but what is it with the husbands and boyfriends of these women? I started watching the season Carole joined, took a break for a couple of seasons, and came back for this one. With the exception of Heather's husband, they gravitate toward losers and not even attractive losers--stepping into the shallow end of the pool. They go for guys who look like George Costanza and the George doesn't even treat them well. Are they the only single men in NYC? Surely Lu could reach for higher. She comes across as smart, good personality and beautiful.

PS: I'm sure Carole's Adam is perfectly nice, but I barely paid attention to him.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Two wrongs do not make a right, but I just remembered iirc in Morocco they were at some kind of fortune teller. Luann was cackling and being passive aggressive (as usual) making comments to Ramona about Mario/her marriage. I believe there had been other comments as well from Luann before /after the trip.

I remember Luann being giddy about it too. So, she was the first to act in this cruel way.

Not that what Ramona did or will do is right, but Luann supplied most of the ammo for Ramona and the others. If Luann had to pick a man to marry from a list of 100 men, she insisted on going off list and picking the biggest reject. She also treated the women very badly too.

Oh no here is Ramona long before Morocco http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/not-wanting-to-go-to-ramonas  Calling her a whore and a slut.

Then there was when Ramona went after the Count as being an old man and mentioned how superior Mario was to the Count-in front of Luann's daughter.

Luann had been deeply insulted by Mario who called her Countless after her divorce. So I think the low blows go to the Singers.     Luann translated what the seer was saying. 

So Luann was not the first to act in such a fashion the Singers wear the crown.

No one tops Ramona in the insult and gloating department.  And let's not forget the attempted blackmail by Ramona.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but what is it with the husbands and boyfriends of these women? I started watching the season Carole joined, took a break for a couple of seasons, and came back for this one. With the exception of Heather's husband, they gravitate toward losers and not even attractive losers--stepping into the shallow end of the pool. They go for guys who look like George Costanza and the George doesn't even treat them well. Are they the only single men in NYC? Surely Lu could reach for higher. She comes across as smart, good personality and beautiful.

PS: I'm sure Carole's Adam is perfectly nice, but I barely paid attention to him.

Well, I think that many factors go into finding that  special one.  In some cases, it's more about companionship. For others, it's security, fun, emotional support, social status,....etc.   I don't think that the housewives let looks get in their way on this.  lol  Just my take on it.  Plus, very attractive men may not be all that.  Have you seen Million Dollar Listing in NYC?  Just saying.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You know.....I certainly hope that this divorce was not due to something involving a housewife....now that would be scandalous. 

Actually, I was wondering if either Ramona or Sonia would start dating Tom next season, for the story line if for no other reason.  Ramona would not feel the least bit ashamed.  Sonia would feign innocence, "I thought you didn't want him anymore, LuAnn!"

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

According to an article I read yesterday (can't remember which one) because of Bobby being extremely ill again (aggressive cancer) and is hospitalized Jill opened the event for the first time to the public to try and raise as much money as possible for thyroid cancer research.

Most if not all the articles said Tom did not attend , as in he was supposed to but bailed, so it sounds like men were allowed.

The luncheon is always open to the public if you want to spend between $1,000 and $5, 000 for a ticket.  She advertises it.  She didn't throw open the gates.  This luncheon has been happening for five years, I just think the article was incorrect as to Tom ditching Luann.  For one thing the luncheon is during the day, and there is a heavy emphasis on beauty products.  Luncheon and Teas are usually female oriented. It is not that men aren't allowed it is more of they aren't interested and the event isn't geared to their interests.  It is probably safe to say Tom is not interested in any of the haircare products being offered.  Luann went with Marysol Patton who stayed with her over the weekend.  I didn't see John Madhesian Dorinda's boyfriend.

Here is another gossip item:  http://perezhilton.com/2017-08-04-luann-de-lesseps-announced-divorce-after-tom-dagostino-cheated-twice-report#.WYSDX4WcFYc  It seems to indicate Ramona showed Luann a photo.  I would be interested to see if Ramona did such a thing.  It seemed to me she had pretty much washed her hands of the Luann and Tom situation.  Essentially it is just the same old stories being recirculated.

Another take Tom didn't like the cameras (may have been why he didn't attend the luncheon).  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tom-dagostino-really-wanted-out-of-luann-de-lesseps-marriage-w495875

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I think that many factors go into finding that  special one.  In some cases, it's more about companionship. For others, it's security, fun, emotional support, social status,....etc.   I don't think that the housewives let looks get in their way on this.  lol  Just my take on it.  Plus, very attractive men may not be all that.  Have you seen Million Dollar Listing in NYC?  Just saying.

I totally get you, but I guess my point is that these guys aren't even nice or great catches. Some people have thrown shade on Tinsley's new man (and Danni's fiance--Southern Charm) because they aren't male models, but if they are nice guys who treat them well, hang on to him! My point is that these guys don't have looks that may have initially attracted the HW and on top of that they seem like crappy guys. They come off as that slimey d-bag in your office who always says inappropriate things. LOL

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

I totally get you, but I guess my point is that these guys aren't even nice or great catches. Some people have thrown shade on Tinsley's new man (and Danni's fiance--Southern Charm) because they aren't male models, but if they are nice guys who treat them well, hang on to him! My point is that these guys don't have looks that may have initially attracted the HW and on top of that they seem like crappy guys. They come off as that slimey d-bag in your office who always says inappropriate things. LOL

I suspect that some people don't know when they are being treated like crap. lol  And that some know, but, tolerate because there is something else that seems more important to them in the relationship. Also, sometimes the crappy treatment doesn't get unleashed until you're in deep.  I have a little experience with this.  lol

• Love 4
(edited)

So here is the clip-right after the first commercial break about 12 minutes in.  Missy says to Tom,  something about looking sick and he replies he gets all choked up.  Something about the last time he was her she was waking away and someone close by wants to hear about it.  http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/bethenny-frankel-jeff-lewis-0?autoPlay=1  He then wants to take his mic pac off.  I am thinking this isn't the deal breaker for Luann.

Mostly I think Tom is and idiot and has one of those personalities where he uses sarcasm as a response but it always comes off really bad.  Oh well he is history.  Bye Tom.  Learn to think before you speak on camera.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So here is the clip-right after the first commercial break about 12 minutes in.  Missy says to Tom,  something about looking sick and he replies he gets all choked up.  Something about the last time he was her she was waking away and someone close by wants to here about it.  http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/bethenny-frankel-jeff-lewis-0?autoPlay=1  He then wants to take his mic pac off.  I am thinking this isn't the deal breaker for Luann.

Mostly I think Tom is and idiot and has one of those personalities where he uses sarcasm as a response but it always comes off really bad.  Oh well he is history.  Bye Tom.  Learn to think before you speak on camera.

The timing of it all makes sense. The supposed argument and slap was reported on July 17th. The article said the argument had happened the week before. The week before was when they were filming the reunion, and if what we have been told is true, they get the final footage right before the reunion. So she might have just seen the footage right before they had their public fight. He is, was, and will always be a total d-bag. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The timing of it all makes sense. The supposed argument and slap was reported on July 17th. The article said the argument had happened the week before. The week before was when they were filming the reunion, and if what we have been told is true, they get the final footage right before the reunion. So she might have just seen the footage right before they had their public fight. He is, was, and will always be a total d-bag. 

The thing is it happened months earlier.  Gosh I wish Harry Dubin would weigh in-he seems to know the story.  I wonder if Harry Dubin has shagged Missy?

Latest Page Six installment:  http://pagesix.com/2017/08/03/inside-luann-de-lesseps-crumbling-final-weeks-of-marriage/

Being uncharacteristically charitable to Tom I am wondering if he truly did get worn out by the publicity.  Between January 2, 2017 and July 31, 2017, there were 14 Page Six stories about the couple.  Pretty much every story mentions their relationship and its rocky beginnings.  I was half kidding around when I said the guy need to wear a straightjacket to go out.  I don't know if it was so much about the bachelor ways, but it seemed pretty much every time the guy went out there were a lot of sightings, many of which were probably exaggerated.  It must be a barrel laughs to get a call and ask about a rumor of Tom's cheating.  There is just no way I believe Luann and Tom laughed off the rumors-even the absurd ones.  It is just something that takes up a lot of space in the relationship.

I also wonder if Tom was really financially set enough to take the number of trips the couple reported taking to save the relationship:   http://pagesix.com/2017/08/03/inside-luann-de-lesseps-crumbling-final-weeks-of-marriage/  The guy is 50 years old, how much time can he afford to be away from the office?  It almost seems like he had to choose between wife of reality star and business.  BTW I think he had a pretty good idea what he signed up, the reality may have been a bit much to overcome.  When you look at the really good reality TV husbands such as Mauricio, who had some nasty rumors out there about him, they know how to speak on camera.  Eddie Judge is another one who can be supportive without getting too deeply involved in the co-stars' business. Tom just always seemed like a smart ass-even from Season 1.  I don't doubt he could be charming, like Harry Dubin, I just think there is a little too much swagger in his personality.   

I am beginning to think Luann may be attracted to a certain type-here is a story about Jacques, who I recall showed a little temper during a photo hoot with Luann on the show:  http://pagesix.com/2017/07/18/luann-de-lesseps-ex-shopping-reality-show-with-current-girlfriend/  Certainly by the time this story ran, Tom had to realize no matter what happened as far as the show their relationship would always be given a side-eye.  It just seems strange to me that the headline would be about Luan deLesseps ex-not D'Agostino.  The on and off fighting would be my clue.

I will never get the answer but I am still curious what Luann and Tom argued about the night he got caught kissing Debbie Driggs.  I have always believed it was Tom didn't want to go to Palm Beach (and it was Palm Beach not West Palm Beach) for the last minute thrown together engagement party.  I don't think he had any desire to see either Sonja or Ramona on camera.  Luann just looked so relieved to see him when he arrived.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

"Toms says he gets a little choked up when he sees her. Missy says she does too.  They proceed to have an inappropriate conversation and Missy asks what is really going on?  It seems she means with Luann and the marriage.  He says, 'oh my God I have to take this off!", and she replies, 'yes! de mic."

this was my theory until wirewrap squashed that when she said the hw's get the rest of the episodes before the reunion.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The thing is it happened months earlier.  Gosh I wish Harry Dubin would weigh in-he seems to know the story.  I wonder if Harry Dubin has shagged Missy?

Latest Page Six installment:  http://pagesix.com/2017/08/03/inside-luann-de-lesseps-crumbling-final-weeks-of-marriage/

Being uncharacteristically charitable to Tom I am wondering if he truly did get worn out by the publicity.  Between January 2, 2017 and July 31, 2017, there were 14 Page Six stories about the couple.  Pretty much every story mentions their relationship and its rocky beginnings.  I was half kidding around when I said the guy need to wear a straightjacket to go out.  I don't know if it was so much about the bachelor ways, but it seemed pretty much every time the guy went out there were a lot of sightings, many of which were probably exaggerated.  It must be a barrel laughs to get a call and ask about a rumor of Tom's cheating.  There is just no way I believe Luann and Tom laughed off the rumors-even the absurd ones.  It is just something that takes up a lot of space in the relationship.

I also wonder if Tom was really financially set enough to take the number of trips the couple reported taking to save the relationship:   http://pagesix.com/2017/08/03/inside-luann-de-lesseps-crumbling-final-weeks-of-marriage/  The guy is 50 years old, how much time can he afford to be away from the office?  It almost seems like he had to choose between wife of reality star and business.  BTW I think he had a pretty good idea what he signed up, the reality may have been a bit much to overcome.  When you look at the really good reality TV husbands such as Mauricio, who had some nasty rumors out there about him, they know how to speak on camera.  Eddie Judge is another one who can be supportive without getting too deeply involved in the co-stars' business. Tom just always seemed like a smart ass-even from Season 1.  I don't doubt he could be charming, like Harry Dubin, I just think there is a little too much swagger in his personality.   

I am beginning to think Luann may be attracted to a certain type-here is a story about Jacques, who I recall showed a little temper during a photo hoot with Luann on the show:  http://pagesix.com/2017/07/18/luann-de-lesseps-ex-shopping-reality-show-with-current-girlfriend/  Certainly by the time this story ran, Tom had to realize no matter what happened as far as the show their relationship would always be given a side-eye.  It just seems strange to me that the headline would be about Luan deLesseps ex-not D'Agostino.  The on and off fighting would be my clue.

I will never get the answer but I am still curious what Luann and Tom argued about the night he got caught kissing Debbie Driggs.  I have always believed it was Tom didn't want to go to Palm Beach (and it was Palm Beach not West Palm Beach) for the last minute thrown together engagement party.  I don't think he had any desire to see either Sonja or Ramona on camera.  Luann just looked so relieved to see him when he arrived.

I do think all this scrutiny had a negative impact on the marriage, it's one thing to be on camera a few times a season but something entirely different to have people selling stories (true or not) when you go out irl to the gossip rags. It is possible that he did cheat on her after they got married but it is just as possible that he got tired of being accused of something he didn't do and either way, it could/would impacted his family back in Fla, and his business. No matter what pushed them to file for divorce, I am sad for her, IMO, she really was in love with him, her eyes lit up when they were together or when she spoke about him.

8 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

this was my theory until wirewrap squashed that when she said the hw's get the rest of the episodes before the reunion.

It may have played a part in their ultimate decision though but I don't think it was "the" cause. I suspect that Luann may have done some investigating and found out there was more than just Missy or they decided to call it quits because he couldn't handle everyone reporting his every move to the gossip rags and Luann knew that wasn't going to stop in the foreseeable future.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do think all this scrutiny had a negative impact on the marriage, it's one thing to be on camera a few times a season but something entirely different to have people selling stories (true or not) when you go out irl to the gossip rags. It is possible that he did cheat on her after they got married but it is just as possible that he got tired of being accused of something he didn't do and either way, it could/would impacted his family back in Fla, and his business. No matter what pushed them to file for divorce, I am sad for her, IMO, she really was in love with him, her eyes lit up when they were together or when she spoke about him.

It may have played a part in their ultimate decision though but I don't think it was "the" cause. I suspect that Luann may have done some investigating and found out there was more than just Missy or they decided to call it quits because he couldn't handle everyone reporting his every move to the gossip rags and Luann knew that wasn't going to stop in the foreseeable future.

It's also possible that it took her/them a while to sort it all out or come to a final decision. She would have only seen the footage 3 or so weeks ago. Not so unusual that it might take a few weeks to think about it, contact Lawyers, etc. Ultimately, I think she wanted to get it done before we actually see the Season Finale. Sounds like it is going to be brutal, and at least when we are watching it, we won't be thinking she is as dumb as we would have thought had she not already filed. Now most will be saying, thank God she was smart enough to get out when the flashing red lights finally became to much. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Being uncharacteristically charitable to Tom I am wondering if he truly did get worn out by the publicity.  Between January 2, 2017 and July 31, 2017, there were 14 Page Six stories about the couple.  Pretty much every story mentions their relationship and its rocky beginnings. 

That is a lot of stories. I wonder how many there were between when they showed him cheating on the show and when they actually got married? My guess is there were a lot of them. They had tons of scrutiny on them way before the wedding, yet he went through with it. 

My guess is he wasn't really ready to settle down, and suddenly realized he was not going to be able to get away with anything. All eyes would be on him because of his history, and folks would always assume the worst. And I don't just mean the media and the other gals. I think that Lu was always watching him as well. Despite what she might have said publicly, I don't think she trusted him as far as she could throw him. In the end, my money is on that being the end of the line for both of them. Regardless of whether or not he actually did anything, she was always going to be watching and questioning, and he was always going to be looking around to see who was watching. It would be a terrible way to live. 

52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Being uncharacteristically charitable to Tom I am wondering if he truly did get worn out by the publicity.  Between January 2, 2017 and July 31, 2017, there were 14 Page Six stories about the couple.  Pretty much every story mentions their relationship and its rocky beginnings. 

That is a lot of stories. I wonder how many there were between when they showed him cheating on the show and when they actually got married? My guess is there were a lot of them. They had tons of scrutiny on them way before the wedding, yet he went through with it. 

My guess is he wasn't really ready to settle down, and suddenly realized he was not going to be able to get away with anything. All eyes would be on him because of his history, and folks would always assume the worst. And I don't just mean the media and the other gals. I think that Lu was always watching him as well. Despite what she might have said publicly, I don't think she trusted him as far as she could throw him. In the end, my money is on that being the end of the line for both of them. Regardless of whether or not he actually did anything, she was always going to be watching and questioning, and he was always going to be looking around to see who was watching. It would be a terrible way to live. 

• Love 9

"Luann de Lesseps suddenly pulled the plug on her failing marriage, filing for divorce after just seven months — while her husband, Tom D’Agostino Jr., was preparing to do the same."

From Page Six.  Which reads to me that he was taking action too, maybe was meeting or met with his lawyer, and she hurried up and filed first, to look better.  

• Love 5

um....he knew he was marrying someone in the news...it wasnt the page 6 stories that ended their marriage...it was him cheating and getting caught...hellloooo!! lolol

There wouldnt have been so many stories if he was a faithful, loving newlywed....not much to sell newspapers with that

Tom's a delusional douchebag...end of (page 6) story

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Now I am going to be uncharitable to Tom-he is 50 years old if he isn't ready to settle down he needs to look within.  What exactly is he missing by being married?  You don't make promises to someone, screw up and get forgiven and then claim I wasn't ready. 

Page Six had 21 stories about Luann and Tom in 2016.

In the last hour here is a new one:  http://pagesix.com/2017/08/04/was-luanns-ex-jacques-behind-her-split-from-tom/  No Luann isn't fooling around with Jacques.

Luann talks about why she and Tom broke up. . . . . .they didn't get along.  Luann doesn't believe there was infidelity during their short lived marriage.  Maybe the reason he dated so much and couldn't settle down is he is just a prick.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

you always make perfect sense!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

But, see, this is where I have no sympathy (for Tom), because if that's the case; If he couldn't take the d-level celeb media scrutiny, it's his own damned fault for being such a pig and getting caught at it on video and on tv (when he was mic'd and knew cameras were rolling, and allegedly in photos[?]).  

It seemed Luann really, REALLY wanted this to be her Happily Ever After with a penthouse in Manhattan and (a) lovely home(s) in Sag Harbor, and that dump in West Palm Beach, and skiing in Aspen...unless this was some convoluted business deal to be revealed/discovered later, I feel bad for her, even as obnoxious as she was about the whole thing while it was happening.

• Love 4

I think Bethenny will want to gloat, but I don't think she actually will.  She is smart and she seems very aware of how she's perceived by viewers.  

But maybe there will be a scene of Carole loudly pointing out how Bethenny hasn't been gloating.  :)

I just don't understand how any of this even happened in the first place.  All of these women are kind of terrible in their own ways, and Luann is no exception -- but, honestly, she could have done so, so much better!

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

But, see, this is where I have no sympathy (for Tom), because if that's the case; If he couldn't take the d-level celeb media scrutiny, it's his own damned fault for being such a pig and getting caught at it on video and on tv (when he was mic'd and knew cameras were rolling, and allegedly in photos[?]).  

It seemed Luann really, REALLY wanted this to be her Happily Ever After with a penthouse in Manhattan and (a) lovely home(s) in Sag Harbor, and that dump in West Palm Beach, and skiing in Aspen...unless this was some convoluted business deal to be revealed/discovered later, I feel bad for her, even as obnoxious as she was about the whole thing while it was happening.

If you look at how the other SOs are reported on, there is a big difference. Just compare Dorinda's John, there has been very little press about him outside of filming the show, the same with Harry, when Sonja was fake dating him. I think Tom has gotten more press in the tabloids (page 6) than Mario (Ramona's now ex) got when he started cheating on Ramona and more than Josh (Kristen's husband) did when the Ashley Madison scandal broke! And for someone new to being the private/real SO of a Bravolerberty, that would be overwhelming. Yes, he was wrong to kiss a woman after he asked Luann to marry him and man, he paid for his bad behavior 10 fold with all the Tom hate and "sources" reporting on his every move. LOL

• Love 4

It took two to tango.   Tom may be all the things posted here and cheated. But Luann as she said herself is a grown woman who KNEW what she was doing.

She knew for years who he was and what he does. She certainly knew in Miami. She knew when she tried to get Dorinda in on the lies and cover-up.

She knew exactly who she married.

And as my historian friend always tells me, "we weren't there"  so who knows what ended it.

Luann supposedly hooked up with him the first night while he was with another woman.

He is no prize. He has a conehead for g-- sakes.

She is no prize either.

She slap ala franciased him in public......poor little guy.   :)

• Love 15

I was one who wanted the other HWs to quit hounding Luann about Tom because she had her mind made up about him and IMO, she didn't need to be beaten over the head about it from them.  However,  I had my doubts about him too, but sometimes things are out of your hands.  People have to make their own mistakes.  It's life.   I'd guess that a lot of us didn't heed certain warnings from our parents, only to end up paying the price of said defiance!  I'm sure she feels bad enough about it now.  Sad.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

The cast offered her a bailout before she said I do. She could have swallowed her pride and ditched the dick.

For many, love/engagement comes with blinders but with marriage comes reality/commitment. I suspect that Luann was that way with both but Tom was couldn't handle the marriage part, which also came with a lot of "sources" spying on him/them every time they stepped out of their home(s). 

• Love 3

You know, I expected -- as we all did -- that Tom and Lu would split eventually, but I really thought that maybe it would last 2 or 3 years.   I figured she would try to hang on as long as possible, trying to convince herself and others that there was no problem.    This seems like a surprisingly short time to have been married before deciding that divorce is the only option.  

This sounds weird -- because, for most normal people, cheating would be enough of a reason to dump the husband, or at least kick him out of the house for a while -- but I don't know if cheating is 'enough' of a reason for Lu to dump Tom.   I think there is a lot more to it that we have not heard.  

I always had the feeling that Lu was well aware that Tom would probably continue to enjoy some extracurricular activities on the side once in a while, but perhaps she hoped he would eventually stop.  I don't think she really was that blind to his ongoing shenanigans, even though she wanted everyone to think he wasn't doing that kind of thing. 

But, for someone like Lu, appearances are very important.  It's important to seem like the perfect couple, even if everyone can see that's not the case.    She would not want a husband or boyfriend to humiliate her or make a fool of her in public.  I can picture her saying something like:  "Do what you're going to do if you feel you HAVE to do it, but just don't embarrass me... don't make a fool of me... don't humiliate me.  Do whatever you're going to do in secrecy, so no one sees you.  And be here when I need you to accompany me somewhere, or when I need to make an appearance."

Tom probably agreed to that type of set-up, and then couldn't control himself.  He probably got caught up and started carrying on in front of other people, humiliating Lu in the process when people started reporting back to her.  I think the public embarrassment would be more of a slap in the face to her than his actual cheating, because it would show everyone who was watching that he had absolutely no respect or regard for his wife if he could put on a public display.

• Love 14

And since people like bethenny and Carole are just coworkers and not really friends

Actually, they are really friends.

he knew he was marrying someone in the news...it wasnt the page 6 stories that ended their marriage...it was him cheating and getting caught...hellloooo!! lolol

There wouldnt have been so many stories if he was a faithful, loving newlywed....not much to sell newspapers with that

Tom's a delusional douchebag...end of (page 6) story

635862679598937119-1676774865_Hallelujah

I mean, seriously, they both knew what they were getting into.

It took two to tango.   Tom may be all the things posted here and cheated. But Luann as she said herself is a grown woman who KNEW what she was doing.

She knew for years who he was and what he does. She certainly knew in Miami. She knew when she tried to get Dorinda in on the lies and cover-up.

She knew exactly who she married.

And as my historian friend always tells me, "we weren't there"  so who knows what ended it.

Luann supposedly hooked up with him the first night while he was with another woman.

He is no prize. He has a conehead for g-- sakes.

She is no prize either.

She slap ala franciased him in public......poor little guy.   :)

latest?cb=20131207202739

• Love 6