Type keyword(s) to search

Luann & Tom's Divorce: The Slap Heard 'Round the (RH) World

• Start Topic

Guesses On Why Luann and Tom Decided to Divorce?   POLL OPEN

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, being thrown out on to the curb like yesterday's trash for another woman was the cherry on a craptacular sundae.

I don't wonder that at all, since we never saw anything at all to indicate that sort of behavior from Tom.

I found him to be very boorish.  His comments to the old girl friend about being a dog a leash.  No one wants to hear their new spouse speak that way-joking or not.  It gets worse this week. 

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So I wonder if Lu has a really GOOD, true, trustworthy friend whom she can confide in. Because I would be pretty pissed off if I were Lu. And I would want to vent. 

I am sure there is a People Magazine story coming.  Then again they may have signed a confidentiality agreement-they are a pretty standard part of a pre-nup.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Then there is a part of me that wonders if perhaps Tom is verbally or physically abusive and she just couldn't take it. 

I don't wonder that at all, since we never saw anything at all to indicate that sort of behavior from Tom.

The only physical abuse that has been witnessed was Luann slapping Tom.    Only speculation, but if she will slap him in public, who knows what she does in private.   

• Love 10
Just now, WireWrap said:

Is this the same Tom, Luann Tom? I hadn't heard that he flipped houses or was a contractor as part of his business, so it is possible that this is someone else. LOL Anyone know for sure?

This was for his Penthouse renovation.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I see Luann as being the same as Tom.  She has dumped some guy she was living with and ran off with the Count.

She claims the Count was cheating, so she cheats too.

She bangs a pirate and Jacques dumps her.

Harry Dubin is talking to Sonja about a relationship and gives her a ring , then Luann goes off with him.

I am sure this is only a wee tidbit of her history.

I think they are basically two people with zero depth, who drink too much and habitually pick people up who they met minutes ago.

I remember well how the second they walked into the club in St. Bart's she kept repeating how the pirate looks like Johnny Depp.   It was obvious to me she was smitten and going to get him no matter what.  The hell with Jacques.

Its her lifelong pattern.

Tom is her soulmate in that he probably does the same thing.

Oh, and we can't forget that weird drunk guy at the dry cleaning party. She lies and says it was a couple of dates, yet they are seen in Belize.

I am not saying Tom is an angel, but I really don't think there is much to Luann to keep someone engaged for more than a night or two.

If I could 'like' this post a thousand times, I would. Tom is Lu's soulmate in that they both have little depth, or morals.

Tom dumped the woman he was on a date with to leave with Luann. Luann was the woman who happily left with a man who was on a date with another woman. Two peas in a pod. The only sad thing is that these two will now be on the loose (though I guess Tom never was not on the loose, despite being married) again to terrorize date more UES singles.  I do wonder if the woman that Tom dumped the night he left with Lu is laughing now. She should send Luann a fruit basket as a thank you for dodging the bullet known as TomCat. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Then there is a part of me that wonders if perhaps Tom is verbally or physically abusive and she just couldn't take it. 

8 hours ago, BBHN said:

Seriously. What a reach. 

• Love 11

It is interesting seeing how some of Luann's fans have changed their views of Tom. Pre-divorce, it was a love story for the ages, everyone was jealous of them, the other HWs/the media/Mindy and his other exes/etc were unfairly hounding them, Tom was a decent if awkward-on-TV guy, etc.

Post divorce? Apparently, time to retcon that her fans always knew he was a scumbucket who wasn't good enough for her and that the marriage wouldn't last.

If I could 'like' this post a thousand times, I would. Tom is Lu's soulmate in that they both have little depth, or morals.

Tom dumped the woman he was on a date with to leave with Luann. Luann was the woman who happily left with a man who was on a date with another woman. Two peas in a pod. The only sad thing is that these two will now be on the loose (though I guess Tom never was not on the loose, despite being married) again to terrorize date more UES singles.  I do wonder if the woman that Tom dumped the night he left with Lu is laughing now. She should send Luann a fruit basket as a thank you for dodging the bullet known as TomCat. 

It is a bit hard to sympathize with Luann in this situation. As I and others have already said, she went into this marriage with her eyes wide open.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

It is interesting seeing how some of Luann's fans have changed their views of Tom. Pre-divorce, it was a love story for the ages, everyone was jealous of them, the other HWs/the media/Mindy and his other exes/etc were unfairly hounding them, Tom was a decent if awkward-on-TV guy, etc.

Post divorce? Apparently, time to retcon that her fans always knew he was a scumbucket who wasn't good enough for her and that the marriage wouldn't last.

It is a bit hard to sympathize with Luann in this situation. As I and others have already said, she went into this marriage with her eyes wide open.

The funniest thing to me was Tom being held up as some prize that Lu won. That "he put a ring on it", a confirmed bachelor no less, meant that Lu was some amazing woman and the other Howives were jealous that SHE won Tom. In reality (no pun intended) anyone can get married if you set your standards low enough. And Lu wanted nothing more than to get married. Or at least a wedding. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15

So Meghan of the OC really threw the "Lu and Tom Martial Bliss" storyline under the bus last night on WWHL.  When Andy asked if she was surprised about the demise of the marriage, she just shrugged and said something like, "Well it was just a storyline for last year" (like it wasn't a real thing).  I think she broke the 4th wall.  Andy seemed miffed and ignored what she said at first, but then doubled back a bit to address it ('cause it was an awkward thing to ignore, I suppose).  And Meghan got kinda small, and just sort of whispered "wasn't it?"

That's my likely very skewed interpretation of the exchange, anyway.

• Love 15

So do you guys read anything into Tom being the spouse to file for divorce?

I wonder if some guests still owe Lu and Tom a wedding gift (a donation to one of the charities). 

Yeah, I always thought that Lu leaving with Tom, when Tom had started the evening on a date with another woman, said a lot about the kind of people they are. 

Then, if Lu didn't in fact orchestrate this whole circus for a storyline, for her to think that this is the kind of man you marry? Stupidity or arrogance? 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Oh, and we can't forget that weird drunk guy at the dry cleaning party. She lies and says it was a couple of dates, yet they are seen in Belize.

OMG, that guy!  If that scene was any indication of his entertainment value I would love to see him back on the show in a semi-regular fashion.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

So Meghan of the OC really threw the "Lu and Tom Martial Bliss" storyline under the bus last night on WWHL.  When Andy asked if she was surprised about the demise of the marriage, she just shrugged and said something like, "Well it was just a storyline for last year" (like it wasn't a real thing).  I think she broke the 4th wall.  Andy seemed miffed and ignored what she said at first, but then doubled back a bit to address it ('cause it was an awkward thing to ignore, I suppose).  And Meghan got kinda small, and just sort of whispered "wasn't it?"

That's my likely very skewed interpretation of the exchange, anyway.

That is Meghan just saying something.  There was no trumped up storyline with these two getting married  and then divorcing.  There was a lot of cash involved in the wedding.  For a storyline they would have run off and eloped or had a succession of bachelorette parties and more importantly invited at the very least Tinsley, Ramona and Sonja. Carole claimed last year on WWHL that she would be forced to attend the wedding.  Carole and Meghan are BFFs-Meghan's brother co-owns Carole's dog.  Meghan does not even know Luann.  Julie Klausner (the other guest) is good friends with Luann and was appalled.  The vote last night on Luann's being better off without Tom 99% to 1%. 

Meghan also got busted for claiming Shannon's weight gain was due to troubles in her marriage and apologized.  Meghan also got called out for  tweeting she had no sympathy for Peggy going through a prophylactic mastectomy because she had already been through one with her mom.  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/07/26/meghan-king-edmonds-attacks-peggy/  Meghan tried to clean it up and Peggy won't respond.  She also claims that Vicki offering to help Peggy was for a storyline.  Maybe Meghan needs to find a storyline.  Meghan has no fourth wall privilege in the RHONYC.  Just talking out her butt.

I would agree about your reporting of the exchange but I don't think it was a fourth wall issue I think Julie was pretty pissed off at her.  Luann and Sonja just had cameos in Julie's show (while Luann was engaged).  Julie actually knows Luann and also said Luann is her favorite RH and gave very nice words of encouragement to Luann. Meghan to me was reminiscent when Brandi decided to get involved in the Real Housewives of Miami.  Brandi just paid out real dollars and had to make a public apology.

• Love 9

Meghan doesn't need to know Luann to comment on her...he'll, she could post about her on PTV...plus, u don't need to know someone to know stuff about them. Being part of the HWs franchise, who knows what info Meghan is privy to...

What Luann and Tom spent on the wedding probably didn't put much of a dent in either of their bank accounts. And a wedding, as opposed to eloping, means more coverage and media and possible deals from People magazine (will they be involved in the divorce proceedings as well?).

Luann may or may not have faked the wedding, but it and the divorce have certainly secured her spot as a HW for the last couple of years, and definitely for the next few years or so...

Plus, Meghan was one of the cogs in the wheel that exposed the Brooks/Viki cancer-scam, so she'll always get kudos for that.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Meghan doesn't need to know Luann to comment on her...he'll, she could post about her on PTV...plus, u don't need to know someone to know stuff about them. Being part of the HWs franchise, who knows what info Meghan is privy to...

What Luann and Tom spent on the wedding probably didn't put much of a dent in either of their bank accounts. And a wedding, as opposed to eloping, means more coverage and media and possible deals from People magazine (will they be involved in the divorce proceedings as well?).

Luann may or may not have faked the wedding, but it and the divorce have certainly secured her spot as a HW for the last couple of years, and definitely for the next few years or so...

Plus, Meghan was one of the cogs in the wheel that exposed the Brooks/Viki cancer-scam, so she'll always get kudos for that.

As you say it is just opinions.  I just don't believe Meghan thinks things through before she says them.  I do think she was correct about the cancer scam but it doesn't give her a lifetime pass,

Luann didn't fake the wedding it happened.  The way I look at it for many people it was destination wedding with rooms over $200 a night and had the entire Brazilian Court hotel booked for the holiday weekend.  Just to go to the wedding, not counting gift  airfare, rent a cars, meals (other than those provided by Luann and Tom) add up to a pricey weekend expenditure.  I don't see Luann or Tom making those kind of demands on friends and family for a storyline.  Nor do I think Meghan thought out her comment.  She still pretends they went to Ireland last year on RHOC so she could search her family roots. HAHAHA

I think as long as there is a RHONYC they will always make room for Luann and Ramona.  Love them or hate them Bravo seems to have some sort of connection with both of them.

Sounds like Luann  has escaped to Switzerland:   http://www.refinery29.com/2017/08/167130/luann-de-lesseps-divorce-switzerland

• Love 10
On 8/4/2017 at 7:39 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I think that many factors go into finding that  special one.  In some cases, it's more about companionship. For others, it's security, fun, emotional support, social status,....etc.   I don't think that the housewives let looks get in their way on this.  lol  Just my take on it.  Plus, very attractive men may not be all that.  Have you seen Million Dollar Listing in NYC?  Just saying.

What do you mean?  I think the men on MDLNY are ALL that!  I haven't seen them treat their significant others with anything but Loyalty & love (if they have one).

• Love 3

I think Meghan just said about what many people were already thinking...some of them before the divorce, even. She wasn't that far out with what she said.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

I think Meghan just said about what many people were already thinking...some of them before the divorce, even. She wasn't that far out with what she said.

I was thinking that. Just sayin'. 

• Love 4

Meg should know better and I think she regretted her response on WWHL.  If she's going to go there then she should have no problem with being questioned about her marriage to Jim.  What marriage is 'he' on with Meg.  Don't get me wrong.  I was team Meg on the cancer issue but girl has to be careful about criticizing other people's marriages.  Same goes for her comments regarding Shannon.  Just sayin.

• Love 11

Of course we don't know if Luann used her wedding as a storyline, but even if she did, what is the difference between that and Bethenny using her wedding as a storyline for a whole season of "Bethenny Getting Married"? She even admitted that she had doubts during that time. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/06/16/bethenny-frankel-knew-marriage-to-jason-hoppy-would-end-in-divorce-blames-andy-cohen/

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, BBHN said:

Just like alot of people have been wondering why she puts up with a husband who treats her like crap, and suspect that Jim has more than a few girlfriends.. Maybe she should use her mighty investigative talents on her own guy. LOL.

Anyhow, back to New York.

• Love 6

Maybe Meghan's marriage is like that, maybe it isn't. But what she said wasn't that far out of possibility for Luann and Tom. I think this has to be one of the shortest RH marriages ever, regardless of whether Luann did it for the storyline or not.

Luann didn't fake the wedding it happened

The actual wedding itself, yeah, that wasn't fake. The marriage itself and the reasons and motivations behind getting married? Dubious at best.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, ichbin said:

OMG, that guy!  If that scene was any indication of his entertainment value I would love to see him back on the show in a semi-regular fashion.  

He was on that Kate Casey's podcast. Seemed pretty normal but not very interesting sober.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

As you say it is just opinions.  I just don't believe Meghan thinks things through before she says them.  I do think she was correct about the cancer scam but it doesn't give her a lifetime pass,

Luann didn't fake the wedding it happened.  The way I look at it for many people it was destination wedding with rooms over $200 a night and had the entire Brazilian Court hotel booked for the holiday weekend.  Just to go to the wedding, not counting gift  airfare, rent a cars, meals (other than those provided by Luann and Tom) add up to a pricey weekend expenditure.  I don't see Luann or Tom making those kind of demands on friends and family for a storyline.  Nor do I think Meghan thought out her comment.  She still pretends they went to Ireland last year on RHOC so she could search her family roots. HAHAHA

I think as long as there is a RHONYC they will always make room for Luann and Ramona.  Love them or hate them Bravo seems to have some sort of connection with both of them.

Sounds like Luann  has escaped to Switzerland:   http://www.refinery29.com/2017/08/167130/luann-de-lesseps-divorce-switzerland

The wedding was real but so was tom's birthday celebration and New Year's Eve that they celebrated so I can see where some people could assume it was a put on for the show. Hell they were already celebrating two other occassions

• Love 5

In all of her pictures Luann had that light of love look in her eyes, so I think she was in it for real. I don't see why she would give up her Countess title (as dubious as it may be), possible money, bring her kids into this and make a complete spectacle out of herself all to retain her stupid apple on a tv show. She's very popular so I don't think her apple was in jeopardy and even when it was and she was demoted she brought it to the show, unlike other HW's who have production on their side no matter how stupid their sl's or boring they are.  Divorce sucks and costs money and no one would willingly go through that certain kind of hell only a divorce can bring.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Didn't she lose the title once the Count chucked her over for the Ethiopian Princess?

Some people will do stupid and crazy things to keep their job...

She lost the title once he divorced her. Luann DeLeDivorce "branded" The Countess for her business ventures.

She kept it when she was with Coerte and Jacques. She also kept it when she married Tom. Instagram, Twitter - has her as Countess Luann - maybe the little bio blurb said she was Mrs. D'Agonstino - but she never changed her social media handles

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

In all of her pictures Luann had that light of love look in her eyes, so I think she was in it for real

Or maybe lust. She had the same look in her eyes when she was drooling over the pirate. 

Or maybe she just actually fell in love with him. I will never believe the entire thing wasn't initially for a storyline.

For all the talk of Lu being so popular, the season before wasn't so good for her - save for her glorious "uncool" moment. She came off looking badly to some because of her very public war with Carole. She looked very petty. Then the next season (which was last season), she didn't get the contract she wanted. She held out for weeks, and finally settled for a "pay for play" contract. Which can be lucrative, but only if you are filming a lot. Which means you have to have something going on. Something that involves as many other people as possible. The more people involved and interested, the more you will be with those people, interacting/fighting/making up with those people.  So she lands a guy that has a connection to both Sonja and Ramona.

I can suspend all kinds of belief for this show. We all can and do. But asking me to believe that a beautiful woman like Lu cannot find a man in NY that wasn't on the show the first season hitting on Ramona and her friends, and didn't date two of her co-stars is just a bridge too far. Way too far to believe Lu when she said she never read any of the press about Ramona dating him before her, when it was reported like crazy only 6 weeks before. Way too far when one of Ramona's friends happened to be there when Lu first met Tom at that bar when he was with another woman. It was so obvious from the very beginning that this was all about creating a storyline. But maybe she fell in love along the way. Who knows? Bethenny said on WWHL that it was "personal" and she didn't want to be involved. But Beth saying this didn't surprise me this time...it surprised me when she said it after the season ended last year. She said "now it is personal". I think they all knew that it was a plot line device that Lu had cooked up, which was why Beth went off on her in The Berkshires when she pretended to be unaware that Ramona had ever dated him. But at some point I think they felt like perhaps she had actually fallen in love with the guy. But then again, maybe not. 

• Love 15

I haven't read all this thread yet and I only learned about their impending divorce five minutes ago. And, I mean, of course I am shocked since I thought they would remain married and besotted until their dying days!

Being the mean girl that I am, I am still cackling with glee. I have no sympathy for Lu, sorry. *shrugs* I don't believe for a single second she didn't know what she was getting into or that she was even all loved up in the first place with Tom as a person. The only thing Lu loved was the idea of being a "wife" again and financial security where she can live the high life like she did with the Count.

And I find it even more hilarious that she has given up her beloved Countess title for that. Countess was so much part of her identity and allowed her to behave as if she isn't LuAnn from Connecticut - or at least delude herself into it - irrespective of the fact that the country she lives in doesn't even acknowledge titles (mine does - I'm surprised she's not seeking out a Brit in the hope of becoming Lady LuAnn) She always believed it gave her far more prestige than it did and although she claims she used it in "good fun," yeah it was pretentious as fuck. No one is buying that it was used tongue-in-cheek, Lu.

My autocorrect is as shady as I am because it keeps changing "countess" to "countless," lol. 

So yep, I'm spiteful arse is across the Atlantic cackling at the news.

And I don't even dislike LuAnn. Slutty "be cool, don't be all, like, uncool" LuAnn is one of my faves!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, FaithsMum said:

And I find it even more hilarious that she has given up her beloved Countess title for that. Countess was so much part of her identity and allowed her to behave as if she isn't LuAnn from Connecticut - or at least delude herself into it - irrespective of the fact that the country she lives in doesn't even acknowledge titles (mine does - I'm surprised she's not seeking out a Brit in the hope of becoming Lady LuAnn) She always believed it gave her far more prestige than it did and although she claims she used it in "good fun," yeah it was pretentious as fuck. No one is buying that it was used tongue-in-cheek, Lu.

O, this would be priceless. Can you imagine Cat, late of HWs-DC -- the one who got into it with Lu on WWHL back in the day? Cat might choose to re-up, just to mix it up with Her Ladyship.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

O, this would be priceless. Can you imagine Cat, late of HWs-DC -- the one who got into it with Lu on WWHL back in the day? Cat might choose to re-up, just to mix it up with Her Ladyship.

But she turned down Sir CamelOtt

Camel-Bite-Man-Funny-Gif.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, FaithsMum said:

I haven't read all this thread yet and I only learned about their impending divorce five minutes ago. And, I mean, of course I am shocked since I thought they would remain married and besotted until their dying days!

Being the mean girl that I am, I am still cackling with glee. I have no sympathy for Lu, sorry. *shrugs* I don't believe for a single second she didn't know what she was getting into or that she was even all loved up in the first place with Tom as a person. The only thing Lu loved was the idea of being a "wife" again and financial security where she can live the high life like she did with the Count.

My autocorrect is as shady as I am because it keeps changing "countess" to "countless," lol. 

So yep, I'm spiteful arse is across the Atlantic cackling at the news.

And I don't even dislike LuAnn. Slutty "be cool, don't be all, like, uncool" LuAnn is one of my faves!

This just reminded me again of LuAnn's opening credits line: "The only title I'd trade 'Countess" for is 'wife.'" Eek! That didn't work out too great for her. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Of course we don't know if Luann used her wedding as a storyline, but even if she did, what is the difference between that and Bethenny using her wedding as a storyline for a whole season of "Bethenny Getting Married"? She even admitted that she had doubts during that time. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/06/16/bethenny-frankel-knew-marriage-to-jason-hoppy-would-end-in-divorce-blames-andy-cohen/

Word.  Plus, I just saw the recap show Bravo aired before this season started and it is clear that Tom straying - even with just a kiss at the Regency - did her in emotionally.

Who knows where the truth lies in all this.  So many stories.  I do operate by the theory that where there is smoke there is fire, though.  How much is the question.  I'm guessing there is a smidgen of truth in a few of the angles being presented about LuAnn and Tom.   Maybe she did think/hope it would help her story line, but I also think she really felt (on some level) the wedding/relationship was legitimate.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I'm guessing there is a smidgen of truth in a few of the angles being presented about LuAnn and Tom.  

I agree.

A lot of great posts too.

Another angle I keep thinking about is that Luann is not able to afford her Sag Harbor home and a place in the city.   Who would want to stay at Sonja's?  I wouldn't visit there, let alone live there.  

Anyone with real money is able to afford both. With her previous lifestyle courtesy of the Count she had both.  I think her settlement left her enough for just one home.  I think her pride and fake persona doesn't allow her to give up the Sag home and just buy a condo in town, because then everyone would know she can't afford both. She also needs her Bravo paycheck, so yes that angle has credence too.

So, considering she needed a place to live in the city and most men with half a brain wouldn't give her the time of day, Tom and his low end penthouse was the best she could do.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I agree.

Another angle I keep thinking about is that Luann is not able to afford her Sag Harbor home and a place in the city.   Who would want to stay at Sonja's?  I wouldn't visit there, let alone live there.  

Anyone with real money is able to afford both. With her previous lifestyle courtesy of the Count she had both.  I think her settlement left her enough for just one home.  I think her pride and fake persona doesn't allow her to give up the Sag home and just buy a condo in town, because then everyone would know she can't afford both. She also needs her Bravo paycheck, so yes that angle has credence too.

So, considering she needed a place to live in the city and most men with half a brain wouldn't give her the time of day, Tom and his low end penthouse was the best she could do.

I have no clue what LuAnn received from her divorce from the count, but it doesn't seem like much - which surprises me.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

JMO, but I think there is a huge difference. Bethenny was already getting a spin-off. She has said she called the producer immediately after peeing on that stick to let him know what was going on because in an instant, her life had changed and what was supposed to be a show about a single gal trying to make it in the world of business would not be relevant. True, she has said that she had doubts leading up to the wedding but felt compelled to go through with it and put the doubts to the back of her mind, but she didn't concoct a relationship for the camera. That is what some are accusing Lu of doing, which is an entirely different thing. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I have no clue what LuAnn received from her divorce from the count, but it doesn't seem like much - which surprises me.

I also remember a long time ago someone pointed out that the De Lesseps townhome was on the wrong side of the tracks so to speak. So, while it was UES, it was a lesser than because of location.  That can be an indication you are not as wealthy as you want folks to think.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I also remember a long time ago someone pointed out that the De Lesseps townhome was on the wrong side of the tracks so to speak. So, while it was UES, it was a lesser than because of location.  That can be an indication you are not as wealthy as you want folks to think.

I always thought that was a rental they used to film the show and they were really based in the Hamptons?

The games these women play...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Luann and The Count had a rented townhouse I believe on the Upper West Side.  I think the snark was about the fact it was rented and not retained after Season 1.

1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Well at the very least she received an $8 million dollar home.  I guess "much" is relevant.  Luann didn't release any cash settlement details.

• Love 4

I think Luann will be fine and recover from this.  What I have observed from her is that she mostly stays cool under pressure – that countess training! 

I think she will give the situation some air before she starts the rounds on E! and the like.  I predict she won’t give any details, does the whole” didn’t work out wish him the best” and segue into the  “I am strong woman who picks herself up and dusts herself off” mantra. 

You won’t get any tears, she won’t admit that getting married was a bad idea and she will take the lumps from the rest of the HW and keep it moving. 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well at the very least she received an $8 million dollar home.  I guess "much" is relevant.  Luann didn't release any cash settlement details.

Sure, but that would have come with capital gains tax liability when sold, and could have been mortgaged significantly. We really don't know if the net value of that house after mortgage and taxes was close to nothing or close to 8 million. 

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Atwood said:

Sure, but that would have come with capital gains tax liability when sold, and could have been mortgaged significantly. We really don't know if the net value of that house after mortgage and taxes was close to nothing or close to 8 million. 

Lol...you think like me! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

I agree.

I still think the original Hamptons home was in the Count's name and she was allowed to live there with Noel because he was still a minor. Once Noel was college bound - the Count sold the home bought Luann the smaller property and bought his son an apartment in Manhattan.

It's all Luann got, she did not get any of his vast properties in Europe. She probably had access to some of those places when the kids are there on vacation.

• Love 7