Type keyword(s) to search

Luann & Tom's Divorce: The Slap Heard 'Round the (RH) World

• Start Topic

Guesses On Why Luann and Tom Decided to Divorce?   POLL OPEN

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To me it is clear and simple:  Tom is/was a upper middle aged philanderer.  Never been married and will never change.  LuAnn may have been crazy, ga-ga, about soul mates, etc., but she has 2 kids and I'm sure she had protected their inheritance above all else.  I'm sure she will walk away from the marriage with what she came in with.  Nothing more or less.  She couldn't have been that stupid.

• Love 13

Yeah, I figured she would have held on longer just because it would have looked better.  7 months is still in joke worthy territory. Like, she knew it was doomed, went through with the wedding, and could only make it 7 months.  If she would have held on for a couple of years, it would have just played better and given her more excuses.  Right now, the only real one out there that could come off as being legit is that Tom cheated on her throughout their marriage which would be a surprise to none since we all knew he was cheating on her.  She was warned by multiple people, she was presented with photographic evidence, he owned up to it, he made the callous remark about partying it up before the wedding day... She could have called it off but she didn't and now it looks bad. 

• Love 10

So now Lu has the coffee mug that Dorinda gave her. What does it say? "I'm married!" ? She has the sequined or bedazzled shirt that says Mrs. D'Agostino or something that she wore to a breakfast with the HWs. And I think the little bridal clutch/purse that says "married".  Do you think she will discard or recycle as much as possible?

• Love 6

I know it was Luann who publicly tweeted their "divorce", but I still believe it was Tom who filed first.

Luann is not the sharpest businesswoman, but even she would have known this is a bad business decision when it comes to her "brand".  She touted the bed sheets with People magazine. 3 sets - all having to do with her marriage to Tom. She first started talking about it in October of 2016, 2 months before the wedding, here we are 7 months after they married and the sheets aren't even at market. This divorce announcement pretty much tanked it.

Supposedly, Luann has a new song coming out. This was mentioned a few months ago - I pray for Luann that it isn't called "I'm so in love with my soulmate"

• Love 17

Ok so yesterday I was listening to the Jenny McCarthy show on Sirius because she always has funny recaps of the episodes.  She has on some chick who works for Reality Tea.  I don' t know that site so I don't know if it's legit or not but this chick was saying there are rumors that Tom was due to come into some big inheritance on his 50th birthday but only if he was married.  So he married Lu just shy of his 50th, got the money and gave some to Lu to just play along.  Maybe she was sick of his shit and decided to give him the boot earlier than planned, since she filed first.  I so hope this is true because it's amazing.  Apologies if this has already been discussed, I didn't read every post.

I don't think the other ladies will gloat.  For some reason they treat each other like shit but at the end of the day they have each other's backs.  Every time one of the women has gone through these public scandals they band together.  That's one of the reasons I like this cast.

• Love 18

I was honestly and genuinely surprised.   Only because I thought that they had some sort of arrangement or something.  Not that I thought it was an authentic, loving, committed relationship.

• Love 6
(edited)
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, TVFan17 said:

You know, I expected -- as we all did -- that Tom and Lu would split eventually, but I really thought that maybe it would last 2 or 3 years.   I figured she would try to hang on as long as possible, trying to convince herself and others that there was no problem.    This seems like a surprisingly short time to have been married before deciding that divorce is the only option.  

This sounds weird -- because, for most normal people, cheating would be enough of a reason to dump the husband, or at least kick him out of the house for a while -- but I don't know if cheating is 'enough' of a reason for Lu to dump Tom.   I think there is a lot more to it that we have not heard.  

I always had the feeling that Lu was well aware that Tom would probably continue to enjoy some extracurricular activities on the side once in a while, but perhaps she hoped he would eventually stop.  I don't think she really was that blind to his ongoing shenanigans, even though she wanted everyone to think he wasn't doing that kind of thing. 

But, for someone like Lu, appearances are very important.  It's important to seem like the perfect couple, even if everyone can see that's not the case.    She would not want a husband or boyfriend to humiliate her or make a fool of her in public.  I can picture her saying something like:  "Do what you're going to do if you feel you HAVE to do it, but just don't embarrass me... don't make a fool of me... don't humiliate me.  Do whatever you're going to do in secrecy, so no one sees you.  And be here when I need you to accompany me somewhere, or when I need to make an appearance."

Tom probably agreed to that type of set-up, and then couldn't control himself.  He probably got caught up and started carrying on in front of other people, humiliating Lu in the process when people started reporting back to her.  I think the public embarrassment would be more of a slap in the face to her than his actual cheating, because it would show everyone who was watching that he had absolutely no respect or regard for his wife if he could put on a public display.

Luann's statement seem to indicate they could get over a lot but couldn't get over the fact they didn't get long.  While overcoming a mountain they forget to look to if they were compatible day to day.  Granted they had a bit of a circus surrounding their relationship, thanks to Tom.  I do believe they did enjoy the same pursuits and travel, and it just seems like as the sun set on the honeymoon what they could not do is live together. 

Thinking back even in her moments of bliss, Luann did throw out a couple of clues such as she moved in with her dog and had two children being a challenge for Tom.  She made reference to their relationship as having lovers' quarrels and justified by saying all couples have lovers' quarrels.  Maybe not, Luann.

Tom, because he came off so poorly, I just chose to believe he wasn't good on camera and needed to think before he spoke.  I wonder how many times Luann had sit through the his "ball and chain" attitude and statements about marriage.  I think initially she was flattered by the fact she was going to be the one to marry Tom but damn if that guy is some sort of conceited bastard.   I am curious who these people are that want to hang out with him.  Maybe he is such an empty suit that he is incapable of forming long term relationships, at least with women.

Sonja for all that she is has twice predetermined Luann's man is not right for her.  Makes me wonder if Sonja sees something in the relationships that Luann is unable to see.

20 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Ok so yesterday I was listening to the Jenny McCarthy show on Sirius because she always has funny recaps of the episodes.  She has on some chick who works for Reality Tea.  I don' t know that site so I don't know if it's legit or not but this chick was saying there are rumors that Tom was due to come into some big inheritance on his 50th birthday but only if he was married.  So he married Lu just shy of his 50th, got the money and gave some to Lu to just play along.  Maybe she was sick of his shit and decided to give him the boot earlier than planned, since she filed first.  I so hope this is true because it's amazing.  Apologies if this has already been discussed, I didn't read every post.

I don't think the other ladies will gloat.  For some reason they treat each other like shit but at the end of the day they have each other's backs.  Every time one of the women has gone through these public scandals they band together.  That's one of the reasons I like this cast.

Tom certainly waited to the last minute to fulfill the age/marriage requirement.  I have to kind of call BS on the story but it makes for a fun diversion. 

The thing about gloating and I told you so-the person saying it doesn't make them at all sympathetic or in this case prophetic. Bethenny, Ramona and Carole were never truly happy for Luann and dismissed the entire relationship even before Tom got caught cheating.  None of these women were out anything because Luann made a mistake and married Tom.  All it does is take the person who was wrong and make them more skeptical.  I would say this cast is pretty much at the three quarter full level of skeptics.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

A new twist-Luann was planning on not returning and Tom was plotting behind her back to get on the show:  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/tom-dagostino-plotting-real-housewives-of-new-york-return-behind-luann-de-lesseps-back/  Not sure how that would work but hey a little truth has never stood in the way of Radaronline. 

I will say if there was truly just a irrevocable break down-no cheating, the comments regarding how Luann's kids make sense.  Maybe Tom is really that much of a dick to be around. 

One thing is for certain there will be no shortages of theories and rumors between now and when filming starts in two months. 

• Love 5

Wait, so Tom went from hating the spotlight to suddenly craving it more than Luann? Even by ROL that is such a bullshit article. Then again, not surprising, considering it's ROL...and as for the "sources", Luann and her camp know how to play the game well...

• Love 6

I believe a lot of ROL sources are contained in their writers' heads.  It would make no sense that Luann would plant such a stupid story or involve her children. Luann didn't have much trouble yesterday responding to Page Six and their made up story that Jacques Azoulay was complicit in getting Luann to file for divorce and staying with her.  http://pagesix.com/2017/08/04/was-luanns-ex-jacques-behind-her-split-from-tom/

• Love 5

But it gets people talking...and filtered enough, it becomes what people hear.

Besides, one story paints Tom as the villian, the other Luann as the villain. Not hard to guess which one she could have potentially planted...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

But it gets people talking...and filtered enough, it becomes what people hear.

Besides, one story paints Tom as the villian, the other Luann as the villain. Not hard to guess which one she could have potentially planted...

I am sorry I don't think either is planting stories.  I think hanger ones are trying to create something.  Most likely like all celebs there is a confidentiality clause in their pre-nups.  My guess is Luann is embarrassed and Tom doesn't need any more negative publicity affecting his business.

The bottom feeders are going to publish.  Next up any number of women who will be trying to capitalize on doing Tom and then men who will claim they were doing Luann. Imagine how boring-they just didn't get along.

• Love 7

Oh, please. The only reason Tom may have grown tired of the camera's, publicity, spies, being on the show, etc.. is because he was always doing something he shouldn't be doing. It was very much cramping his lying, cheating style. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

A new twist-Luann was planning on not returning and Tom was plotting behind her back to get on the show:  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/tom-dagostino-plotting-real-housewives-of-new-york-return-behind-luann-de-lesseps-back/  Not sure how that would work but hey a little truth has never stood in the way of Radaronline. 

I will say if there was truly just a irrevocable break down-no cheating, the comments regarding how Luann's kids make sense.  Maybe Tom is really that much of a dick to be around. 

One thing is for certain there will be no shortages of theories and rumors between now and when filming starts in two months. 

That's for sure with ROL.  I do think Tom liked the fame it gave him at the Regency.  Being on TV, not so much, cause he just looked so bad.  In the end, I just don't think the guy was ready for marriage and all it entails.  It sounded good in theory but practically, it didn't work for him.  He's one of those people who have become just too independent to have the responsibilities aka vows of marriage. 

I feel bad for Lu.  Maybe it's better that it ended sooner rather than later.  There are times when I can't stand Lu but I will give her this:  She recovers well.  She does move on and makes lemonade.  But heck, when you look like that, it's a bit easier.  Ro is a different story.  Lu is effortless.  Ro tries way too hard and it doesn't work. 

• Love 12

The Countess title was Luann's oxygen, she wouldn't give up the title for a job or another season I can't get behind that theory . I think she loved him and wanted a committed relationship and a life partner. I feel badly for her. She needs to ditch Sag Harbor immediately for about a one month vacation off the grid . Let this die down while she's away from the press....... and let him show his own ass chasing tail back in NY. 

• Love 13

I am sorry I don't think either is planting stories.  I think hanger ones are trying to create something

I guess we will have to disagree on that one then.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The Countess title was Luann's oxygen, she wouldn't give up the title for a job or another season I can't get behind that theory . I think she loved him and wanted a committed relationship and a life partner. I feel badly for her. She needs to ditch Sag Harbor immediately for about a one month vacation off the grid . Let this die down while she's away from the press....... and let him show his own ass chasing tail back in NY. 

How long before the sources at The Regency describe Tom returning post the divorce filing?  I wonder if he will be treated with cheers or jeers?

I believe Luann is taking off for Europe-a good choice.  I don't think there is really interest level over there in RHONYC.

• Love 3

Here's my take on the marriage:

Tom (in the throws of passion, hours after meeting); "oooohhhhh baby, you're the type of dame a guy like me could marry"

Lu:  "oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tommy, we're getting marrrriiiiiieeeeeddddddd"

Lu (to anyone in earshot): "He wants to maarrrrrryyyyyy MEEEEEEEEE . . . We're getting MARRRIIIIIEEDDDDDDDDDD"

Tom thinks to himself; "WTF?"

Months go by . .  . Tom remains the same dude he's always been . . .He cheats . . . Lu wails and flails about dramatically ("How can you treat your SOULMATE this way????") . . . Tom thinks to himself "WTF?"  . . .

Tom remains the same . . . He cheats . . . Lu wails. . . Tom begins to get irritated at her drama . . .

Lu begins to understand that the cheating is always going to happen . . . but she wails and implores he be more discreet . . . Tom thinks to himself "WTF?" . . .

Tom remains the same . .  he cheats . . . Lu wails . . .

Lu sees the clips of the upcoming episode where he is flirting on camera and "de-micing" himself . . . Lu wails . .  Tom thinks to himself "WTF?"  . . .

Then Tom says "I can't take all this drama for no reason . . . I'M OUT" . . . 

Lu wails, "NO I'M OUT FIRST!  I'm going to stear this storyline"

Tom thinks to himself "WTF?"

• Love 23
50 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I totally believe that Tom is the kind of guy who would say, after really satisfying sex, "We should get married."

It is the half million dollar engagement ring* that makes me think he at one time was serious about getting married.  That and the fact they planned the wedding eleven months off.  I don't believe Luann has the power or the charm to force someone to do agree to those two things.

So far that hasn't been true evidence that Tom was cheating on Luann as in having sexual intercourse or if he did that Luann knew.  I think she was pretty straightforward saying she wouldn't tolerate cheating.  There are a lot more things that go into incompatibility than infidelity.  Maybe just maybe Luann isn't all that fun to live with. 

I can't imagine Tom's representatives would have wasted their breath denying the events at the dive bar if Tom were intent on filing for divorce.  My guess is they knew it wasn't going to work and Luann just stepped in and filed.  Of course I don't see why it matters who files for divorce.  It seems it will be uncontested.  Maybe it is a thing were the person who is wronged is allowed to file-like Camille and Kelsey Grammer   or Yolanda and David Foster.  If the divorces are uncontested or in the case of the Grammers-if one of the parties has moved on it just seems kind of a pro forma exercise. 

So far in about 72 hours we have rumors of Tom cheating, Luann conspiring with Jacques, Tom going behind Luann's back to get on the show.

I would be more interested in hearing about how people who were around the couple thought they got along.  I would have never thought Dorinda and John would still be a couple after the way they battle but they are going on five years.  There seemed to be a fair amount of Tom not wanting the RHs around.  First he allegedly threatened Dorinda with having Luann discontinue their friendship, then it was uninviting Ramona to Luann's surprise birthday party and finally Sonja was not included in the wedding invites because of what she said about Tom. I am wondering if Tom isn't a bit of a bitter little bitch and wanted to split Luann from the herd.  Of course it may be something as banal as Luann not wanting to go to WEST Palm Beach every weekend and hang with Tom's mother. 

There is just no way to be indiscrete when cheating, especially if you are even a minor celebrity.  It depends too much on third parties.  First off Tom has to find the partner who would agree to keeping their mouth shut and want to be with Tom.  I just don't see it.   Tom's cheating incident as evidenced by The Regency moment seems to be more of cheating out of opportunity than careful planning. 

• Love 5

I totally believe that Tom is the kind of guy who would say, after really satisfying sex, "We should get married."

And Luanne, instead of laughing it off, says "Ok, sure!"

• Love 5

Tom got married and then watched this season.  In which he saw himself bad-mouthed by Ramona.  Saw Bethenny beg LuAnn not to marry him.  Saw all his previous conduct publicized again.  And had his character shredded on national tv.  He's a businessman.  Doesn't matter it's a frivolous show.  That's not the image he needs to be out there.  Yes he was on last season too.  But the constant debate and scrutiny has to wear you down after a while.  I wonder if he asked LuAnne to leave the show and she refused.  If he'd made it a redline issue I can see where he would just walk away.  The guy clearly is a lech.  But so are countless (ba-boom!  Do you see what I did there?) others who can patrol the bar at The Regency without fear of being photographed.  He may just want to get his privacy back.  Eventually. And this was his first step.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I see him saying something like we should be together forever and Luann heard wedding bells.

They were engaged in February 2016, I think his making out at the Regency was in the hopes Luann would break up with him. For some reason, she wanted the marriage at all costs, rushing it in 10 months before he could change his mind.

She pretty much frog marched him to the altar.

I also don't believe Luann when it comes to the Count and their marriage being an open one only in the last few years. I think he was cheating on her very early in their marriage. He was definitely off galavanting around when he stashed her in Switzerland with the kids.  I think she began having her own affairs and she STAYED married to him because of the lifestyle.

Now with this public tweet of her saying Tom and she are divorcing makes me think he doesn't have as much money as she originally thought.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I see him saying something like we should be together forever and Luann heard wedding bells.

They were engaged in February 2016, I think his making out at the Regency was in the hopes Luann would break up with him. For some reason, she wanted the marriage at all costs, rushing it in 10 months before he could change his mind.

I also don't believe Luann when it comes to the Count and their marriage being an open one only in the last few years. I think he was cheating on her very early in their marriage. He was definitely off galavanting around when he stashed her in Switzerland with the kids.  I think she began having her own affairs and she STAYED married to him because of the lifestyle.

Now with this public tweet of her saying Tom and she are divorcing makes me think he doesn't have as much money as she originally thought.

There is the issue of the ring-who spends that kind of money on a whim?  Tom could have no showed at the engagement party.  Ten months also means Tom had plenty of time to jump ship.  Thomas Ravenal of Southern Charm cancelled his second wedding the day of the wedding.  Tom was in for the rehearsal dinner, wedding, the birthday party, New Years' Eve and the brunch Sunday, the honeymoon.  I would think Tom has the ability to break off a relationship.  It would seem unique that he would go invest 20 months in a relationship including a wedding just because he was waiting for Luann to break it off.  My guess is he won't do it again.   Luann on the other hand might.  Especially if she is unscathed financially.

I voted for the financial option.  But I tend to go to the dark side and think maybe Tom is having financial problems.  Then I read that Tom wanted Luann to quit the show, which makes no sense because it is a huge chunk of change. 

• Love 4

I also don't believe Luann when it comes to the Count and their marriage being an open one only in the last few years

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he had been with other women earlier on in the marriage.

• Love 8

Then I read that Tom wanted Luann to quit the show, which makes no sense because it is a huge chunk of change.

I'm not certain he needs the money.  And although it's a lot for most people I doubt it's considered a lot in their circles.  Also LuAnn seemed pretty cavalier about his earlier indiscretions. She did break down when Bethenny showed her the pic last season but I always wondered if that was just put-on.  After all The Countess is herself not known for her fidelity. We've seen her cheat on Jacques on camera.  She...gets around.  Bethenny didn't call her a whore for nothing.  Beth can be really tough and nasty but there's generally at least a kernel of truth in her accusations.

Whatever went on here I do believe it's possible that Tom applied for the divorce but the more media-savvy Lu got the news out first and made it sound like it was her idea and she's being a saint about the whole thing.

In other news the world is upside-down.  I really like and respect Carole this season.  

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I'm not certain he needs the money.  And although it's a lot for most people I doubt it's considered a lot in their circles.  Also LuAnn seemed pretty cavalier about his earlier indiscretions. She did break down when Bethenny showed her the pic last season but I always wondered if that was just put-on.  After all The Countess is herself not known for her fidelity. We've seen her cheat on Jacques on camera.  She...gets around.  Bethenny didn't call her a whore for nothing.  Beth can be really tough and nasty but there's generally at least a kernel of truth in her accusations.

Whatever went on here I do believe it's possible that Tom applied for the divorce but the more media-savvy Lu got the news out first and made it sound like it was her idea and she's being a saint about the whole thing.

In other news the world is upside-down.  I really like and respect Carole this season.  

I don't know that Luann would give him her earnings.  However, he may not be in a place in his life where he wants to support a wife.  It is this constant blender effect with the facts. Tom is either well heeled or he isn't.  We know his second home is in WEST Palm Beach not Palm Beach which seems to be a huge deal.  I think the bigger issue is maybe =just who is in their circles?  Missy is unemployed and looking for work. 

Luann has said, we watched her breakdown I don't think there is any doubt she was upset about Tom's behavior.  I do think she thought he was being sincere when he promised not to repeat the behavior. 

I don't get why it matters if Tom or Luann files for divorce.  I would think the last thing Tom would want, if he is wanting to repair his tarnished reputation, is file for divorce.  Especially days after another story about him being out and about.  It never looks good for a guy to bail on his wife-especially if alleged reason is he missed his bachelor lifestyle. 

There is a certain percentage of people who will always do the happy dance if Luann has hurt come her way.  People want the other RH to jab at her for her adult daughter's DUI, he marriage breaking up.  If they are smart they keep it to themselves because it can come back to bite them.  If gloating is bad when a person is happy, it is ten times worse to gloat over someone else's unhappiness.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

I always find the assumption interesting that if someone is a dedicated bachelor/bachelorette and that is the lifestyle they enjoy, there must be something wrong with them, such as commitment phobia, immaturity, etc. Marriage isn't for everyone (and I say this as a happily married person). Regardless of the reason they are splitting, it appears Tom & Lu tried it, and it wasn't something that worked for them. Doesn't make Tom (or Lu) wrong - just different with clearly incompatible goals and ideas about marriage, relationships, lifestyle, etc. You can love someone very much, yet when you marry them realize those incompatible ideas and goals make living together a choice that doesn't work for either of you. But boy would it suck to have it all play out like this in the public eye. 

• Love 9

Also LuAnn seemed pretty cavalier about his earlier indiscretions. She did break down when Bethenny showed her the pic last season but I always wondered if that was just put-on.

Or, if she was more embarrassed that he was caught cheating in public than she being actually hurt by his actions.

In terms of public image, she probably does have more at stake than he does.

If they are smart they keep it to themselves because it can come back to bite them.  If gloating is bad when a person is happy, it is ten times worse to gloat over someone else's unhappiness.

Yeah, gloating may not be as bad as, say, calling someone a pedophile in public, but it isn't always the best look,

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, gloating may not be as bad as, say, calling someone a pedophile in public, but it isn't always the best look,

That would be pedafile, thankyewvermush!

• Love 16
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, gloating may not be as bad as, say, calling someone a pedophile in public, but it isn't always the best look

Or banging a pirate on vacation and trying to cover it up later. Or falling down drunk in bushes. Or shutting your eyes to the fact that the dude you are marrying is a total and complete d-bag, as every single person around you is screaming. But I guess shit happens.

I actually hope they don't gloat. They look better if they do not. If there are winners and losers (well, clearly there are and Lu is a loser in this scenario), the gals end up being losers if they gloat. And Lu ends up winning, looking like a victim. They will want to gloat. They have every single right to do it. Loud and proud. Have t-shirts made up, take out a billboard. But I really hope the don't do it. Give us a snarky remark or two, but don't go nuts about it. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Isn't Tom's father being sued big time? I thought I read that here?

8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Or banging a pirate on vacation and trying to cover it up later. Or falling down drunk in bushes. Or shutting your eyes to the fact that the dude you are marrying is a total and complete d-bag, as every single person around you is screaming. But I guess shit happens.

I actually hope they don't gloat. They look better if they do not. If there are winners and losers (well, clearly there are and Lu is a loser in this scenario), the gals end up being losers if they gloat. And Lu ends up winning, looking like a victim. They will want to gloat. They have every single right to do it. Loud and proud. Have t-shirts made up, take out a billboard. But I really hope the don't do it. Give us a snarky remark or two, but don't go nuts about it. 

You just know Ramona is going invite that bitch Mindy to every event possible. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TOM SAID when he took the mic off!

• Love 5

. Have t-shirts made up, take out a billboard.

They could make and sell "Bethenny was right!" and "Isaac Mizrahi was right!" t-shirts.

Get on that, Andy and Bravo.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There is a certain percentage of people who will always do the happy dance if Luann has hurt come her way.  People want the other RH to jab at her for her adult daughter's DUI, he marriage breaking up.  If they are smart they keep it to themselves because it can come back to bite them.  If gloating is bad when a person is happy, it is ten times worse to gloat over someone else's unhappiness.

There will always be folks that want to see one of the HW's unhappy. That is just reality. Lots of folks will do a happy dance if Bethenny doesn't come out on top in her court battle. That is just the way it is. 

I don't necessarily want for Lu to be unhappy, but she was always going to be unhappy (if it really was love and she really did want a commitment which I am not convinced is the case) because she was marrying a guy that even her friends were telling her was wrong for her. He had proven his character and she looked past it. If it was love, she was destined to be unhappy at some point. You cannot on one hand be the kind of gal that meets a guy for the first time when he is out with someone else, leave with him, and be shocked to find out that he is not the marrying kind. You cannot love the fact that you "won" when he picked you over all of the others, and then be shocked to find you "lost" when he continued to behave in the same manner he had behaved in before. 

And yes, she can deny he was cheating. Maybe he wasn't, but I find it hard to believe she would admit that he was. Because then everyone really is right. No one warned her that he was just hard to get along with, so better to go with that story Although I will give a secret chuckle if Bethenny ends up being right and the dude really didn't have any money.  I always believed she knew what she was talking about when she said that. 

And yes, I believe Lu would run to the press. And I believe he would too. I think you will hear all kinds of competing narratives as they both try to find a way to make the other look bad. 

• Love 13
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

So now Lu has the coffee mug that Dorinda gave her. What does it say? "I'm married!" ? She has the sequined or bedazzled shirt that says Mrs. D'Agostino or something that she wore to a breakfast with the HWs. And I think the little bridal clutch/purse that says "married".  Do you think she will discard or recycle as much as possible?

sidewalk sale!!

I agree with everyone who thought she'd hang on for two or three years to keep up appearances; it seemed like she knew what she was signing up for.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he had been with other women earlier on in the marriage.

I also think Luann was really in love with the Count and he royally fucked her over.

Luann saying they were married for 17 years only the last 2 years were more likely the other way around with the first 2 years great and the last 15 years living separate lives

• Love 9

I see Luann as being the same as Tom.  She has dumped some guy she was living with and ran off with the Count.

She claims the Count was cheating, so she cheats too.

She bangs a pirate and Jacques dumps her.

Harry Dubin is talking to Sonja about a relationship and gives her a ring , then Luann goes off with him.

I am sure this is only a wee tidbit of her history.

I think they are basically two people with zero depth, who drink too much and habitually pick people up who they met minutes ago.

I remember well how the second they walked into the club in St. Bart's she kept repeating how the pirate looks like Johnny Depp.   It was obvious to me she was smitten and going to get him no matter what.  The hell with Jacques.

Its her lifelong pattern.

Tom is her soulmate in that he probably does the same thing.

Oh, and we can't forget that weird drunk guy at the dry cleaning party. She lies and says it was a couple of dates, yet they are seen in Belize.

I am not saying Tom is an angel, but I really don't think there is much to Luann to keep someone engaged for more than a night or two.

• Love 19

I just don't see Luann as signing up for continued humiliation.  She gets enough f that from being on the show.  Then there is a part of me that wonders if perhaps Tom is verbally or physically abusive and she just couldn't take it. 

• Love 1

I also think Luann was really in love with the Count and he royally fucked her over.

Yeah, being thrown out on to the curb like yesterday's trash for another woman was the cherry on a craptacular sundae.

Then there is a part of me that wonders if perhaps Tom is verbally or physically abusive and she just couldn't take it. 

I don't wonder that at all, since we never saw anything at all to indicate that sort of behavior from Tom.

• Love 9
On 8/5/2017 at 0:14 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I know it was Luann who publicly tweeted their "divorce", but I still believe it was Tom who filed first.

Luann is not the sharpest businesswoman, but even she would have known this is a bad business decision when it comes to her "brand".  She touted the bed sheets with People magazine. 3 sets - all having to do with her marriage to Tom. She first started talking about it in October of 2016, 2 months before the wedding, here we are 7 months after they married and the sheets aren't even at market. This divorce announcement pretty much tanked it.

Supposedly, Luann has a new song coming out. This was mentioned a few months ago - I pray for Luann that it isn't called "I'm so in love with my soulmate"

You are correct. Tom did file first.

luann.png

• Love 7