Type keyword(s) to search

Luann & Tom's Divorce: The Slap Heard 'Round the (RH) World

• Start Topic

Guesses On Why Luann and Tom Decided to Divorce?   POLL OPEN

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gah, I hate how behind I am on all of this silliness but I went with option C, that he's having some kind of financial issue. I can see her playing dumb about the cheating but if he's not able to provide her with the material things she wants and expects, I see that being the bigger dealbreaker for her. 

Wow, I didn't realize that they'd officially thrown in the towel. What a waste of everyone's freaking time. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It has been seven long months and these two have decided to call it quits-any guesses as to why?

I feel bad for Luann. Bethenny will rub her nose in this. I wonder if she had to do this before the reunion was filmed.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wow. There's more than one I want to click on. Hmm

I tried to find the multiple option I will see if a friendly mod can edit-I should have also put in an other.

Well it might just guarantee Luann another appearance on WWHL this month.

I will be interested to see if they remain friends like Luann has managed to do with so many of her other men.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder if she had to do this before the reunion was filmed.

The reunion was filmed a few weeks ago.

Wow...the fact she gave up the title for this makes me think something pretty serious went down.

• Love 22

I was thinking of the financial option. What if Tom had begun to spend wildly? Maybe counting on LuAnns paycheck. He could even have bought "gifts" for other women (yes, I thought he was high faluting and wanting everyone to see his pockets as overflowing) or gotten a second mortgage. As LuAnn is married, anything he signs up for, as his wife, if he defaulted they would come to her assets. The prenup wouldn't protect her (unless I am about to be corrected by someone who knows more legal than myself). That's where I think she would draw a line. She doesn't want to lose her LI home. See her salary sift through his fingers so if there was an option to choose two answers, that's the other one I'd have clicked on. Still it's a good poll @zoeysmom and thx for putting it up. 

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, oakville said:

I feel bad for Luann. Bethenny will rub her nose in this.

Yes, she will.  And she will act as if she was the only one who knew it was a mistake and the only one who bothered to warn her.

• Love 18

Actually Bethenny was on WWHL last night and said she had washed her hands of it after Miami.  Well not really given the comments she made throughout the season.

16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was thinking of the financial option. What if Tom had begun to spend wildly? Maybe counting on LuAnns paycheck. He could even have bought "gifts" for other women (yes, I thought he was high faluting and wanting everyone to see his pockets as overflowing) or gotten a second mortgage. As LuAnn is married, anything he signs up for, as his wife, if he defaulted they would come to her assets. The prenup wouldn't protect her (unless I am about to be corrected by someone who knows more legal than myself). That's where I think she would draw a line. She doesn't want to lose her LI home. See her salary sift through his fingers so if there was an option to choose two answers, that's the other one I'd have clicked on. Still it's a good poll @zoeysmom and thx for putting it up. 

You are welcome.

I checked the financial only because Luann has seemed to be rather forgiving in a number of ways towards Tom's boorish behavior.  Tom's mortgages on his home would follow him and I doubt they co-mingled properties and it appears she filed in Sag Harbor.  I only say that because Luann has children and I would think she would protect her assets.  I can envision that Tom has a pretty open hand when it comes to gifts from his ladies.  There was the Rolex and luxury river vacation Luann gave him last year.  I am waiting to read about tax liens.  He seems the type.

Then there is the practical part of me that after reading the story about Tom and the dive bar that Luann and most likely Tom don't want to live their lives responding to Page Six rumors or various "friends" and spies reporting on Tom's every move.  It was nice Luann gave him a second chance but damn that is a big eight ball to get out from behind.  The guy didn't help himself by continuing to place himself in precarious positions.  What was kind of sad was Luann had been at Jill's big party (a party Jill attended and followed through with while Bobby is in very dire health and hospitalized) so there she is watching the commitment of her good friends marriage and Tom is out horsing around.  I mean at some point can't the guy just stay home?  Homes have food and drink.  What strikes me as many people as Tom knows he sure doesn't seem to have many loyal friends.  I can also hear Tom telling friends he didn't want to go through with the marriage. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

Wow...the fact she gave up the title for this makes me think something pretty serious went down.

giphy.gif

LuAnn is smart. She waited until filming ended to announce the divorce. However, now I'm curious to see how she answered questions about Tom (that no doubt came up). Would she have given a full-throated defense of Tom since their ish was such a large part of the season? Or would she have deflected?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Gah, I hate how behind I am on all of this silliness but I went with option C, that he's having some kind of financial issue. I can see her playing dumb about the cheating but if he's not able to provide her with the material things she wants and expects, I see that being the bigger dealbreaker for her. 

Yeah, you could be right, it could be financial -- I don't think she'd have trouble with an open marriage (OH PLEASE AS IF THAT'S A PROBLEM FOR LUANN) but being *indiscreet* about an open marriage could be a deal breaker.  

I hope she keeps the ring, the penthouse -- and that (apparently) Walker Evans-like tar paper shack in West Palm -- and flips them all for a Mexican party house where she and Sonja can stop and smell the roses.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I feel bad for Luann. Bethenny will rub her nose in this. I wonder if she had to do this before the reunion was filmed.

I don't think so. Last night on WWHL Andy asked her what she thought about the slap and the rumors. Bethenny chose not to comment. 

• Love 7

Definitely the cheating option - no doubt. 

Wow, I mean, I am not surprised.... yet I still AM.  If that makes sense.  I thought they would at least put in a couple of years! 

OMG Sonja and Ramona are probably secretly thrilled. 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, film noire said:

Yeah, you could be right, it could be financial -- I don't think she'd have trouble with an open marriage (OH PLEASE AS IF THAT'S A PROBLEM FOR LUANN) but being *indiscreet* about an open marriage could be a deal breaker.  

I hope she keeps the ring, the penthouse -- and that (apparently) Walker Evans-like tar paper shack in West Palm -- and flips them all for a Mexican party house where she and Sonja can stop and smell the roses.

I don't think there was ever an open marriage option.  Luann for all her faults is somewhat schoolgirlish when she falls in love.  I truly believe the thing with the Count was her desperate attempt to stay together for the kids-until he couldn't find his way back.  I do think open bank account was never an option as well.  

In my mind after the denials to Page Six earlier this week, it almost seems like Luann found someone else's thong panties in her car.  Okay, I have a vivid imagination. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

Since Luann seemed to have a lot of "patience" with Tum, my guess is he made a pass at either her daughter or niece.

Holy crap!! I'd do more than divorce him if he pulled that crap on me and my loved ones. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

Since Luann seemed to have a lot of "patience" with Tum, my guess is he made a pass at either her daughter or niece.

Oh interesting.  Or if you enter Carole's theory into the fray-her son.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, film noire said:

and flips them all for a Mexican party house where she and Sonja can stop and smell the roses.

Fall into the rose bushes?

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Holy crap!! I'd do more than divorce him if he pulled that crap on me and my loved ones. 

Hence the slap in a public place?

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Yes, she will.  And she will act as if she was the only one who knew it was a mistake and the only one who bothered to warn her.

1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I don't think the ladies will gloat.  Well, maybe Ramona won't be able to help herself.   Lu will have to suffer thru Bravo 's unending mini-marathons of her smug, bridal gloating.  Punishment enough.

I hope they don't gloat, but I realize I cannot expect them to conform to normal human behavior. 

Long ago one of my best friends married an absolutely horrible guy--mean, entitled, boring, and thoroughly unappreciative of my wonderful friend. At the time I said, "I'll hope every single day he proves me completely wrong, but I'll be here with no judgment when he proves me right." Joke is on me, I suppose--he's only gotten worse, and my friend has habituated. 

I do not see the RHONY ladies similarly holding their tongues out of consideration for Lu's delicate feelings. I mean, are you even really *right* if you don't get to lord it over someone publicly and repeatedly that you were right and they were wrong? 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It's hazy but didn't Ramona have a chat with someone (maybe Bethenny) about a photo or something in the beginning of the season and Bethenny wanted nothing to do with it as she didn't like what happened last time she showed Lu proof of a dalliance? I think so but the timeline seems off unless he's been serial cheating. 

• Love 2

I really believe that Luann caught him in the act or saw a photo of him doing more than kissing another woman (although that is bad enough because they are married). Was Ramona the one that showed her the photo, probably but in the end, it was Tom's decision to step outside of their marriage. I feel really bad that the marriage failed, IMO, she was/is in love with him.

• Love 10

Luann put the G in gloat, so she is probably going to get some comments from the cast.

It will probably depend on what personality she decides to use  in how they treat her.

She did act horribly thru the whole dating, engagement and wedding.    Gloat, cackle, guffaw.....

She best go back to fun loving, more genuine Luann if she uses that tiny brain.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think there was ever an open marriage option.  Luann for all her faults is somewhat schoolgirlish when she falls in love.  I truly believe the thing with the Count was her desperate attempt to stay together for the kids-until he couldn't find his way back. 

I think Luann likes to play the wide-eyed jeunne fille, but in reality, she's very sophisticated about sexual partnerships, and could happily get her needs met within an open marriage (as long as nobody knew about it -- her comment about her marriage to the Count was to cover that up, imo. She did not want her kids knowing she had willingly agreed to an open marriage, so she spun it as a desperate bid to save the relationship /family.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, film noire said:

I think Luann likes to play the wide-eyed jeunne fille, but in reality, she's very sophisticated about sexual partnerships, and could happily get her needs met within an open marriage (as long as nobody knew about it -- her comment about her marriage to the Count was to cover that up, imo. She did not want her kids knowing she had willingly agreed to an open marriage, so she spun it as a desperate bid to save the relationship/family).

I think she truly loved Tom but for all the wrong reasons.  She saw some great companion she could have fun with and obviously wasn't hung up on looks.  He is a great companion all right-to every one.

So many people have had so many interesting comments about Luann's marriage to the Count.  I do believe when she moved back to the US she knew it was over but Luann has this weird thing where stays simpatico with her men.  I am counting down the days until we see or read about Jacques weighing in or being seen with Luann.  As to the Count-he was never going to be happy be based out of the US-Luann knew that and went home to her family.  Their mistake was carrying on a charade.  Luann always seem to remain fairly composed, she doesn't swear or scream and my guess is there is a side to her that is contrary.  I can see her slapping someone-not hard or violently but to make a point.  She snapped a little at The Count for missing their daughter's horse competition.  The Count reminds me of Mohamed Hadid (less money) very patronizing and someone who screws around. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Boofish said:

The only title she'll trade Mrs for is Divorcess

Ouch! lol  Poor Luann. I do feel for her.  But, she'll reinvent herself and get out there in due time.  She's never one to cool her heels too long.

• Love 17

I feel bad for Lu. She was so in love with him, but it wasn't like she wasn't warned about what a dog he was. I voted that he cheated on her. 

I also thought the marriage might have lasted a little longer, maybe a year or two, not seven months. 

I hope the other women don't rub her nose in it but of course there will be a lot of talking behind her back. 

She'll be ok I'm sure. 

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ouch! lol  Poor Luann. I do feel for her.  But, she'll reinvent herself and get out there in due time.  She's never one to cool her heels too long.

Too much too soon?! My bad; I thought it was a pile on LMAO 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Even if my friend deluded herself about her "soulmate" and had this splashy wedding, when it fell apart and she was sad and embarrassed, I'd never throw that in her face. If she's my friend, she's my friend and I'll be at her side to help her through this. Telling someone "I told you so" or "you knew he was a bum but married him anyway", etc is in no way helpful or supportive. I'll bring a couple of bottles of wine, let her rant, rave, kick the furniture and then I'd put her to bed and fix her breakfast the next morning. I think Lu knew before the wedding but couldn't find a graceful way out of it so she went through with it. Now, she's reaping what she sowed but I take no joy in someone else's misery. 

Agreed. A real friend would show compassion, help her heal, and laugh when she finally says "what the hell was I thinking?"

Since Lu is not my friend, just some pompous reality housewife who made a complete fool of herself, I am enjoying every bit of this deliciousness.

Call me Petty Betty!

• Love 19

I'd guess the spit came because of something financial plus cheating; I don't think cheating would be a deal breaker inside the first year, meaning that I think she'd turn her head to put up the facade of a good marriage to prove the other women wrong.  Hell, she was doing that a couple of weeks back on WWHL. However, the cynic in me believes the timing of the spit is to ensure she gets a contract for the next season.  Isn't this the time (between reunion and end of season) when negotiations get started?  I would be bummed if she didn't come back because, as haughty as she can be, she has some great TV moments.

Or maybe she just finally realized Tinsely is right and discovered West Palm isn't the same as Palm Beach, and that was just too much. ;)

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Wow! I thought she'd hold out for at a year at least. I'd have more sympathy for her if she hadn't been rubbing her great "love" in all the other women's faces.

Yep, she even made a fuss about her basement room in Vermont because she just got married.

2 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Or maybe she just finally realized Tinsely is right and discovered West Palm isn't the same as Palm Beach, and that was just too much. ;)

Ok !    BINGO     I think you nailed it.

• Love 5

You know, even though she's not my friend (I've never met her and never will), I can sympathize with her situation because I've had friends who have had marriages dissolve under similar circumstances and it's been devastating for them and their children. I know Lu's kids are grown but they still have to be hurt for their mom. I just think that helping a friend rather than laughing at their misfortune is the humane thing to do in this life. I'd want people to do that for me if the situation warranted. 

• Love 16

Here is a theory Tamara Tattles is putting out-it is a bit flawed as usually the RH get all the episodes before they film the Reunion.  Any here goes.  This is from a clip on WWHL, Tom is at the rather crowded Tinsley party and his talking to Missy.  Tamara take on it:

"Toms says he gets a little choked up when he sees her. Missy says she does too.  They proceed to have an inappropriate conversation and Missy asks what is really going on?  It seems she means with Luann and the marriage.  He says, 'oh my God I have to take this off!", and she replies, 'yes! de mic."

According to Tamra after seeing this clip last night Luann decided to file for divorce.

Why is Missy hanging around?  Does Tinsley even know her or Sonja?  Ramona should be very proud of herself hanging out with this woman.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is a theory Tamara Tattles is putting out-it is a bit flawed as usually the RH get all the episodes before they film the Reunion.  Any here goes.  This is from a clip on WWHL, Tom is at the rather crowded Tinsley party and his talking to Missy.  Tamara take on it:

"Toms says he gets a little choked up when he sees her. Missy says she does too.  They proceed to have an inappropriate conversation and Missy asks what is really going on?  It seems she means with Luann and the marriage.  He says, 'oh my God I have to take this off!", and she replies, 'yes! de mic."

According to Tamra after seeing this clip last night Luann decided to file for divorce.

Why is Missy hanging around?  Does Tinsley even know her or Sonja?  Ramona should be very proud of herself hanging out with this woman.

I did see him and heard the taking the mike off comment  but didn't understand its context until your post. Terrible that this betrayal (again) is caught by an individual. Social media is going to push this story to the clouds. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I do think Luann saw it before the reunion but I think it is possible that after seeing it, she decided to "investigate" his time away from her and found out he was still seeing other women, including Missy and filed for divorce when she had all the evidence proving it.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I did see him and heard the taking the mike off comment  but didn't understand its context until your post. Terrible that this betrayal (again) is caught by an individual. Social media is going to push this story to the clouds. 

Tomorrow they release the episode of WWHL.  This is Tamara Tattles impression.  I will post the link.  It is very hard to understand.  I just don't think Luann just saw it for the first time last night or even this week.

They could be talking about something else and I guess I don't understand why in the hell this conversation would ever be appropriate.  Bad to me, is Ramona keeps bringing this woman around the couple, worse is this woman agrees to come. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

OK, so the reunion will look outdated. Will she defend Tom on the reunion & look like an idiot?

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bad to me, is Ramona keeps bringing this woman around the couple, worse is this woman agrees to come. 

Shame on Ramona. She's sold herself to the devil. 

So much of this show is calculated, concocted or contrived. 

Its like chumming for sharks. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added sentence
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I do think Luann saw it before the reunion but I think it is possible that after seeing it, she decided to "investigate" his time away from her and found out he was still seeing other women, including Missy and filed for divorce when she had all the evidence proving it.

Well they filmed the Reunion July 13th, since then Tom and Luann have vacationed and done a lot of things together.  Bethenny hinted Ramona does something at the finale.

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

OK, so the reunion will look outdated. Will she defend Tom on the reunion & look like an idiot?

According to an interview Luann did, after the Reunion, all the women wished she and Tom well.

To me there is no price tag on  humiliation.  She gave Tom a big pass once.  This guy Tom is a bit of a sadist and hope the women of the UES chase his ass out of town.  The whole world has seen how incredibly insincere and inappropriate he is.    Luann shares in the blame only because she fell for it and allowed herself to be gullible. 

Luann has gone on vacation with her children.  I hope she can pull it together and come back in two months and start filming again.  In the meantime it would be great if after the end of the season-after Labor Day if she did a heartfelt one on one with Andy Cohen.  Something tells me her next song has changed direction. 

19 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Shame on Ramona. She's sold herself to the devil. 

So much of this show is calculated, concocted or contrived. 

There may be something to Bethenny's claims of Ramona and the ambush.  I can't imagine Ramona could possibly be proud of herself but there really are no depths she won't sink to.  Last thing Luann needs to do is see Ramona's mug.   

• Love 11