Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

For me, this episode shored up @Toaster Strudel's theory about Antonio deciding to play the part after TLC contacted him and it started as a true catfish situation (I quoted it in the Courtney/Antonio thread but it is full of spoilers for those of you who want to avoid them), and my theory that Patrick was looking for more television time and it wasn't a real relationship. 

Paul's dry spell is because of his history with women, which is also detailed in his thread, but doesn't sound like it will be much of a surprise to many of you.

There is a thread for the show that was in the second hour. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

We need a thread for the  the 90 Day what now show so I can wtf over Josh and Alexandra's baby.

Um, yes.  Because that baby's skin is a different color than theirs.  So okay, I thought, how wonderful that they adopted.  But then she went on about hormonal changes after the baby was born. . . very odd. . .

9 hours ago, Godfrey said:

And Cortney should have gotten a hotel. She's pretty presumptuous.

She was utterly exhausted.  I know what that trip can do to a person, and then all the stress of being in a new place, meeting a new person.  It sounded like they had agreed she would stay there.  For all we know, he told her he had a spare bedroom.  She travelled so far to meet him.  The least he could do was give her a place to crash.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
6 hours ago, Dobian said:

I think the TLC producers got Jenny to show up at the airport, she doesn't look like she's into Larry at all.

And she kept telling him to "calm down, don't be nervous."  Did saying that EVER work, in the entire history of mankind?  Larry didn't know it, but he was correctly perceiving her mercenary, evil intent toward him and all men.  

6 hours ago, Dobian said:

So Paul, when are you going to get your STD test so Karine can feel safe?  It works both ways, right?  What a little creep this guy is, if she wants an American man, at least find one who is actually a man.

Paul is beyond disgusting.  Karine is full of life, and he will suck her dry, little by little, if she lets him.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Miriam, you are a bitch.  

Gorgeous, yes, but a bitch nonetheless.  I have to put some of the blame on Patrick as well.  One would think they would have had the conversation about expectations to spend time together prior to purchasing an airline ticket.  I know I would want to know if you are free from work/family obligations prior to flying to Paris from Kentucky.  I would have also asked her long ago if she was married, in a relationship or seeing someone.  The magic of television editing nothwithstanding, Patrick seemed truly shocked to learn she has a boyfriend.  If he asked her beforehand and she lied that makes her a bigger bitch.  In any event, why waste more time not being number one on her list.  Outside beauty if fleeting but what she did to him is reflective of an ugly soul.  He still bears a lot of the blame for being stupid, just like the rest of the people of the show. 

Speaking of dumb gums, err dumb dumbs,  Cortney is the poster child for stupid Americans in search of love overseas.  Playboy Antonio just wants some foreign "strange."  He was surprised she decided to travel to Spain to see him, more because her presence spoiled his game with the locals.  She has the common sense of a fish but I do give her credit for not giving up the goods on night one.  Not that they could do much in a college dorm suite, complete with bunk beds.  How old is this guy?  Still her fault for not booking a hotel room or even discussing the sleeping arrangements beforehand.  He's not into her, literally or figuratively.

Lizard Man with his little Haitian queen.  Dude, if she has it, you do too.  duh.  better see someone with a regular license to practice medicine and not Ms. Cleo's momma.

Larry is a damn fool if he thinks he's the only one trying to tickle that box.  Better wrap up like Paul before laying down with her.  See previous comment about sharing the wealth.

Nasty ass Paul.  When is his dumpster diving ass going to take off that ridiculous mosquito netting and take a shower?  He has to reek of fermented ass by now.  I'm not a woman but i would be damned if i would give it up to someone as nasty as him.  Like someone previously said, i was hoping for her sake the STD/Preggo test came back positive.  It would have probably helped to save her life in the long run.  

Edited by tincansailor981
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It would be bad form for him just to dump her at that pageant. He may not be hired next year!

I think that any decent dude would expect that the girl who has flown thousands of miles to see him would be respectful enough to insist that she stay at a hotel for a few nights. Even chip in some cash for her doing so. And then decide after spending time together in their own space if they wish to continue any relationship and start to share space.

Exactly have these two even got a clue ? Who doesn't coordinate schedules and itineraries ? Wouldn't he say hey I have a pageant the night you arrive be advised I would love for you to come as my guest but if you're going to be tired from the flight etc maybe you would want to sleep it off? Weird. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, gavinmac said:

...we don't know if they were just flirting online and he suddenly told her "I've bought a ticket to Paris."  If that's how it went down, she's not as blameworthy. She still should have told him and given him a chance to cancel his ticket. Maybe the producers told her not to.

I think thats what exactly happened...JMO

• Love 4

1.  I'm white, but I can't believe how much Patrick looks like my dad at the same age.  My dad has passed away, so actually it's kinda nice to watch.  Also, he seems like a good guy.  I was sorry with Miriam's news.

2.  Larry seems like an okay guy to me (so far).  He has a nice smile.  He seems decent.  I hope we don't find something out about him that is totally off the wall.

3.  Courtney in Antonio's apartment.  Yuck.  How in the world do you even poop in such a small apartment with a new person?????

10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling that, “American girls are fast” is code for “American girls are sluts.

That's exactly what they mean. 

10 hours ago, Sprockets said:

If Karine is so turned off by his neurotic behavior, wht does she like about him?  

TBH, America.   

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

It sounded like they had agreed she would stay there.  For all we know, he told her he had a spare bedroom.  She travelled so far to meet him.  The least he could do was give her a place to crash.  

I think she mentioned that she would stay with him when she was asked by her parents (or her friends?)  and she kinda giggled and imagined her Disney Prince Charming. But I got the impression that they had not talked about it, she was just going to ask him when she got there.  When Antonio met up w his friend to talk about Courtney...he seemed surprised she was coming to visit him. So like Patrick, it seems like Courtney overestimated their "relationship"...they told their love "Im coming to visit!" full of heart and love emoticons...and the person across the ocean was thinking "oh crap ?".

Edited by Kelly
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

That shirt, that hair, the tattered red pants and the writing tattooed across his chest. Has anyone figured out what it says?

It really is too bad because Patrick has a very handsome face.   All of that nonsense just distracts from what a good looking man he is. 

ETA:  I get it - he's an artist. He's a DJ and he has to dress a little bit edgy. But he could do so  without flying to Paris in a completely open jacket with no shirt.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 18

"You can't fix stupid."

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Despite my commitment to this Parade of Stupid, I bowed out after about 20 minutes into the ol' bait 'n switch second hour by this execrable network. 

I thought Patrick's reaction was pretty contained under the circumstances. I just hope I don't have to see that Outback Bloomin' Onion topping the crocheted beanie on his head anymore. 

Karine is running out of patience, as well she should. That translation-app alone would get old to me after an hour or two, and listening to Decrepit Green Card Ticket whine and obsess.

I feel bad for Larry. How can you run the franchise of one of the nation's largest corporations and be so blind? It's a sad comment on how desperate people get, and on giving up on their own country after a disappointment or two. Maybe PT Barnum said it best. Most of these guys looking for (in their desperation) submissive, foreign women get what's coming to them.  

Speaking of which, the guy with the lake house in the second hour made me sad--here he has reached his dream of where to live, how to live, etc., and he's willing to chuck it all so Wifey can hang out with her hair academy homies in the city. I guess an American-style commute to a large, idyllic home in a safe neighborhood isn't okay with her.   

Cortney has pretty eyes and is a pretty girl, if one can make it past the gum issue. I don't  know where to start with the dopiness--going in the first place, not arranging a hotel, agreeing to go to the pageant, etc. I wonder if she's special-needs, because she should not be let out alone. What else does she need to understand that A s a player? Don't the photo poses of some of these people tell these goofs anything (looking at you, too, Darcey)? I doubt A's even looking for a green card.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Kangatush said:

If Myriam had any sort of warning at all before Patrick came (and she did), she needed to tell him.  Not all of us can afford to swan over to Paris just for the heck of it.  Too bad, I had liked her.

I wouldn't be down on Myriam right away.  Remember friends, this is Sharp Entertainment.  We are probably being snowballed in regards to the whole storyline.

• Love 6

I realize we're being manipulated by this show and that much of it is a set up for our viewing entertainment.  But thank goodness naive Americans such as Cortney and Larry have a camera crew with them because I really think they'd be in serious trouble on their own - especially poor ol' Larry.  And there really are gullible people like this travelling to lands unknown thinking it will all be puppies & rainbows.  Even though this isn't exactly real - it might serve as a warning at least.  And I have to admit I found it more entertaining than the Emmys as I switched back and forth.

I'm pretty sure Myriam is pregnant.  She's very attractive, but kept pulling that baggy sweater around her middle.  Maybe that's the drama for future episodes.

And that tiny apartment?  No way, Jose or whatever your name is.  The close proximity bathroom facilities alone would have me running for the nearest hotel. 

• Love 8

OMG, Paul and his filthy dirty mosquito netting clothes and crazy huge shoes!  He climbs on the clean sheets wearing his mosquito burqa that has been his uniform since he landed in the Amazon, snuggles up with the object of his affections and then discusses the outcome of her "ST" and prenency test and if they are good then it's intimate time...and this girl is actually excited about it? 

Larry, WTF? Was he carrying a trash bag for luggage?  Is that what the airline left in LA?  What was that behavior in front of the airport? That was some crazy nervous energy.  

Miryam has a boyfriend, okay...do we think this is the end of the story? I bet there will be some faux romantic drama about how DJ man "wins" her heart from said boyfriend.  

Courtney is a nit wit.  What is wrong with finding a hostel last minute and telling Antonio that she would catch up with him the next day for lunch?  I think she is so insecure that any time spent away from him would be time he could be looking at other ladies.
Antonio was staring at her gums when they first met.

Lowo and Narkyia, why? why? why? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Larry, WTF? Was he carrying a trash bag for luggage?  Is that what the airline left in LA?  What was that behavior in front of the airport? That was some crazy nervous energy.  

He had that garbage back with him in LA when he got on the plane!! That's his carry-on luggage! LOL

Did anyone else notice how quickly Cortney picked up Antonio's phone when his back was turned, looking at whoever he's been receiving messages from? Wow. Insecure, much? Which is why she will stay in this little closet of an apt instead of being more comfortable in a hotel. I've had more room in a cabin on a cruise ship than he has.

• Love 12

Larry can't find an ugly girl like Jenny in Florida?  I can't imagine spending that type of money to kowtow to a woman with fangs.

And I know it's bad, but I was secretly wishing that Karinne had VD and was PG.

Cort's voice is so freaking irritating.  She should put out just because of how annoying she is.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Larry can't find an ugly girl like Jenny in Florida?  I can't imagine spending that type of money to kowtow to a woman with fangs.

And I know it's bad, but I was secretly wishing that Karinne had VD and was PG.

Cort's voice is so freaking irritating.  She should put out just because of how annoying she is.

Courtney's speech pattern is oddly monotone.  

How can these couples keep being amazed that they are actually there with said person, it's not flipping time travel, you made plans, you purchased an airline ticket, you got on a plane, it wasn't a surprise, you packed a bag and went to the airport!  What is amazing is the stupidity and (other than not wanting an ST or someone else's prenancy), ability to communicate in a common language and the utter lack of preparedness for experiencing other cultures or for such a venture with any of these people.  

Larry, lose the baseball hat, it's got to stink by now.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, puppytoes said:

Paul says that he hasn't had sex for a decade?  Omg, also he couldn't kiss his way out of a paper bag.

I would pay good money to get the inside scoop on how Paul and sexy time goes.  That could possibly be the world's most awkward moment!

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, puppytoes said:

Paul says that he hasn't had sex for a decade?  Omg, also he couldn't kiss his way out of a paper bag.

This is the most believable claim ever made by any 90 day participant, and even then, it's probably an understatement.  

Ffs, Paul, you haven't "done it" in a decade and yet you don't remove your dirty socks and mosquito netting and take a shower before doing the deed?  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Kelly said:

I think she mentioned that she would stay with him when she was asked by her parents (or her friends?)  and she kinda giggled and imagined her Disney Prince Charming. But I got the impression that they had not talked about it, she was just going to ask him when she got there.  When Antonio met up w his friend to talk about Courtney...he seemed surprised she was coming to visit him. So like Patrick, it seems like Courtney overestimated their "relationship"...they told their love "Im coming to visit!" full of heart and love emoticons...and the person across the ocean was thinking "oh crap ?".

Yes! The Disney story is exactly what Courtney seems to expect, then she lands with this playboy guy who was hoping for a 'fast' American, they are truly a worse match then Jesse and Darcy.  Antonio probably didn't expect to be saddled with her right off the bat, and modeling is a very short career. Models/ entertainers can be replaced easily so working when he can is more important than the expected fling with Courtney. 

Hated Mariam for not telling Patrick she had a boyfriend, or, if she doesn't and is friend-zoning him, she could have spent some time with him first and let it not work out that way. Either way she is a total bitch. (I'm going with the assumption that any of this is real, cuz its more fun for me).  Paul is so weird and he makes the show hilarious, poor Karine. Even the way he says her name doesn't seem right.

• Love 6

Things I found disturbing in this ep:

Miryam has a phone and many ways to contact Patrick. Even if he bought the plane ticket and then told her he was coming, she should have said no. He could have used the credit to go somewhere else. And clearly she knew he was coming because 90DF profiled her for the intro and was there are the airport with her. He wasn't just some dude who jumped on a plane, went to her door and said here I am. She let it happen, which leads me to believe its all fake, fake fake. 

Larry took money from his 401K to finance this disaster. Not only does he lose the investment value of the money, he also has to pay a 10% penalty and taxes on the withdrawal, which means he only got a fraction of what he took out. And he will pay dearly at tax time. And he has 2 kids to support. WTF?  

Paul. Just Paul. All day, every day, every way  Paul. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Kickboxer said:

When Antonio met up w his friend to talk about Courtney...he seemed surprised she was coming to visit him. So like Patrick, it seems like Courtney overestimated their "relationship"...they told their love "Im coming to visit!" full of heart and love emoticons...and the person across the ocean was thinking "oh crap ?".

He probably said something casually  like, if you are ever in Spain, look him up, which she took as a definite invite. I had a coworker who used to chat online to when online chat was first a thing. Every time someone would casually drop the if you are ever in my area, come visit me. He would proceed to hop a plane the next week, even to places thousands of miles away. Then I would get phones calls in the middle of the night about how the whole thing went bad and he was stuck in California or Hong Kong (yes Hong Kong) with no money, no place to stay and no way to get home. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Patrick's awesome quote: "Please don't tell me you're a boy. Please don't tell me you're 12 years old." 

I was betting that Myriam was trans. Looks like I owe myself a dollar.

13 hours ago, Bibi said:

Paul looks dirtier and dirtier. His hair, his nails, his clothes... Look at his socks when he got up on the bed.

Can't believe Karine wants him so badly

Paul is so grubby and he looks like his clothes probably feel like waxed paper at this point. Karine doesn't want him. She wants out of the Amazon. I don't judge her, I feel bad that she feels that she has to sex up a festering garbage pile like Paul to do it. Can you imagine what his breath is like? Shudder.

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think Jenny calls Larry "Love" because that's what she calls all her "friends" from the Filipino match site.  Then she won't have to worry about confusing their names.

Oh man, when I first say Jenny I thought "that girl is hard as nails". Poor Larry. She'll lead him a merry dance. Bless his heart he's like a lamb to the slaughter.

10 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Didn't Patrick say he had never been out of the country before? He's not going to tour Paris alone. No way.  He's a mama's boy, he doesn't speak French, he'd be too intimidated to go anywhere in Paris alone. 

Myriam looks like a villain here, and she probably is, but we don't know if they were just flirting online and he suddenly told her "I've bought a ticket to Paris."  If that's how it went down, she's not as blameworthy. She still should have told him and given him a chance to cancel his ticket. Maybe the producers told her not to.

Patrick may never have been to Europe but he's no babe in the woods. And reallY? A mama's boy? Because he visits his mother or calls her on the phone?

But I do agree that the smell of production manipulation is heavy on the "I have a boyfriend" reveal. Patrick seems to have invested a lot in this "relationship" but he seems to have made many assumptions also. I don't think its completely beyond the pale that he and Myriam were having a flirty, fun online friendship and all of a sudden Patrick decided it was love everlasting and romantically bought a ticket to Paris to meet the love of his life. Meanwhile gobsmacked Myriam can't decide how to handle it, so she kept avoiding the inevitable until it was too late. I'm prepared to keep an open mind about that. And at least she met him at the airport!

9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I have very little sympathy for any of these people ( which is of course why we all watch). I can't believe that a beautiful girl like Karine would put up with Paul & all his bullshit ( she even described him as neurotic!) He must totally stink by now ,so being with him at all would be hard but the fact that he's talking about trust when he is a convicted felon is the height of irony.  Patrick is a player who got played "ala francais" and I loved it!  I'm sure there are a cadre of women (including Baby Mama) who are enjoying the hell out of this.  Courtney, you are making me feel uncomfortable with your stupidity and inability to read a room. Antonio isn't as much of a prize as he thinks he is but at least he's playing a part for TLC.  Oh, Larry, poor Larry. He seems like such a nervous doofus. Actually, I think Jenny was pretty kind to him but maybe he's the closest to a Green Card she's gotten on Phillipino Cupid.

I feel sorriest for Karine. She seems like a nice girl who is gritting her teeth and working hard at earning her ring. Courtney is still as stupid, gauche and charmless as she seemed last week. on the one hand, she orders a guy to sleep on the couch in his own apartment. On the other, they take goofy selfies in bed. Then she's all "ooh, no, don't touch me there!" Then she doesn't slap his face when he grabs her ass while they're face-timing her parents. And I do not see Antonio's appeal at all. He's just as dumb and charmless and gauche as Courtney so maybe they're a match made in heaven.

Oh, and poor Larry. That trash bag! He couldn't borrow a carry on case from someone? And what's in it, if not a change of clothes? He's such a babe in the woods. Jenny will eat him alive! Her eyes are hard as diamonds.

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Did anyone else notice how quickly Cortney picked up Antonio's phone when his back was turned, looking at whoever he's been receiving messages from? Wow. Insecure, much? Which is why she will stay in this little closet of an apt instead of being more comfortable in a hotel. I've had more room in a cabin on a cruise ship than he has.

Damn girl. Boundaries much? Girl. He is not your boyfriend. Back off.

54 minutes ago, puppytoes said:

I think I may have emitted a small scream when Paul and Karine were kissing. Gah. Kissing him must be like kissing a goldfish. A cold, wet goldfish. All together now-poor Karine.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm prepared to keep an open mind about that.

I feel the same for the same reasons.  Patrick has given me the impression he thinks very highly of himself and he is Gods gift to women.

So, as Pepper Mostly said, he could of assumed Myriam or any woman would feel the same.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I feel the same for the same reasons.  Patrick has given me the impression he thinks very highly of himself and he is Gods gift to women.

Dude boarded a plane for a trans-Atlantic flight in a blazer with NO SHIRT UNDERNEATH.  He very much does. 

I kind of hate the way this show just skips couples every week.  Why can't they finish up one storyline (say, four episodes of Darcy and Jesse) and then be done with them and move on to Courtney and Antonio.  I feel like that's the way it was done when "90 Day Fiance" first started and I liked it a lot better.

I do have to give Courtney mad credit for packing so lightly -- I do not have that skill -- even if she looked stupid wandering around with a backpack on her front.  She should have just left the pageant, found a hotel and made plans to meet up with Antonio the next day.

• Love 3

The "What Now?" series has its own thread.  Many posts related to it have been moved.  

The various 90DF threads and spinoffs can be accessed through the "Read Me Before Posting" pinned in each of the forums.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

He probably said something casually  like, if you are ever in Spain, look him up, which she took as a definite invite. I had a coworker who used to chat online to when online chat was first a thing. Every time someone would casually drop the if you are ever in my area, come visit me. He would proceed to hop a plane the next week, even to places thousands of miles away. Then I would get phones calls in the middle of the night about how the whole thing went bad and he was stuck in California or Hong Kong (yes Hong Kong) with no money, no place to stay and no way to get home. 

Something like this  happened to me with a 'friend' from a message board. I was the person that said something like if you're ever in the area, we should get together for a beer or something. A couple weeks later, I get an email telling me when this person will arrive, what they NEED in regard to accommodations and what foods they could and couldn't eat. I about fell off my chair. I emailed back and said I didn't have a spare room for visitors and my comment meant meeting up at a restaurant or bar for a beer. That set off a volley of emails from her telling me in dozens of ways what a horrible person I was and she expected me to pay for the work she'd had done on her car in preparation for the drive. I stopped replying to the emails and they kept coming for about 6 months. It was really creepy.

I can see Antonio saying something casual and Cortney running with it. Even when he knew she was coming, I don't get the feeling he thought it was a big deal. Didn't  he ask her on the way to the pageant if she had a hotel? I thought he did. He probably thought he was going to get some hot hotel sex for a couple weeks, then she'd go home and he'd be back to the local women. 

• Love 12

@Drogo The problem is TLC did a bait and switch.  "Before the 90 Days" was listed as a two hour show on Comcast and the show's description only talked about the new people.  I don't think a lot of people like me had a clue about this "What Now" show, it seemed like a second hour continuation of the other show.  Just all of a sudden they were recapping previous couples.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Myriam spend hours online with Patrick? Wouldn't her boyfriend have any interest in her 'friend'? Paris is a lovely city and Patrick will have lots of fun exploring it and meeting new, interesting people. Myriam should have told him that all she can offer him is friendship. He spent a lot of time, money, and energy on this. He will pick himself up and dust himself off and perhaps not be a trusting with folks he meets online. I wouldn't hang out with her except for maybe lunch. Just say, nice to meet you and then move on.

Cortney is not yet a woman of the world. Still has a lot of growing up to do.

People let themselves be controlled.

I would run from him. He is showing himself as who he really is and Karine and her family should take note. Karine is really desperate to get out of the shack. There are, however, many better options than creepy Paul.

Usually when people let themselves be controlled, it is because they are not in a position to do the controlling. Been there. Done that. Never going back.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dobian said:

@Drogo The problem is TLC did a bait and switch.  "Before the 90 Days" was listed as a two hour show on Comcast and the show's description only talked about the new people.  I don't think a lot of people like me had a clue about this "What Now" show, it seemed like a second hour continuation of the other show.  Just all of a sudden they were recapping previous couples.

I saw that.  It's not a problem/there won't be any of this:

giphy.gif

Be that as it may, posts have been moved to the correct thread and conversation about the What Now? couples should continue there.  

Edited by Drogo
gif-ness
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think Jenny calls Larry "Love" because that's what she calls all her "friends" from the Filipino match site.  Then she won't have to worry about confusing their names.

And why does she sound like a drunken, grizzled, old woman on the other end of the phone?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Omg, Paul kissing. I will never be able to get that horrible image out of my mind.  Poor Karine has A LOT to teach that boy. 

Karine, dear, haven't you heard of the Ramadan excuse?  Never mind that your not Muslim, Paul is so ignorant of your culture he will not know otherwise.  Ask Mo.  He got a green card and only did the nasty one time. 

• Love 10

I still think Miriam saw Patrick in person and made up a boyfriend.  She doesn't seem like a mean person to do what she did.  Maybe she only saw his face in their interactions, but the whole outfit/ height maybe?, she just couldn't get on board with.  It would be nice of her to reimburse the cost of his travels, or at least half! 

So much second hand embarrassment for Larry when the candy kept dropping on the ground and he was explaining to the randoms it was candy! for her family!  who gives a f**???

• Love 3

So it looks like there were zero no shows and everyone was pretty much who they said they were outside of some photo editing. 

Why does Patrick look like he belongs in a 90s R&B singing/rap group? There is something just so dated about his attire. I feel like I haven't seen someone dress like that since Sisqo or Bell Biv Devoe. From the wannabe faux Versace pattern type shirt which only seems to have one button that he barely manages to button and those gawd awful kool-aid colored red jeans.  He is actually attractive (albeit yeah, he is a short a little bit) and his skin is a dream (so smooth and flawless).

Miriam ain't shit! She called a game day audible. She got up to the line of skirmish, didn't like what she saw and friend zoned him.  If TLC cameras hadn't been following her, she would've left his ass in unclaimed baggage right at the airport. Wonder what Patrick is thinking about foreign women being better than American women now? I'd bet money on him going with the 'not all foreign women' BS.

I'm I gonna have to be the petty bitch that says this? Okay! Jenny ain't really cute. She looks nothing like her picture and she doesn't look as young as she said she was. Homegirl must really know her angles like whatsherface Kardashian or she catfished Larry, but he seems more than happy so okay I guess.

If I didn't know any better I would have thought Jenny was the uber driver coming to pick his ass up from the airport as coolly impersonal as she was with Larry.  Larry is in for some serious heartbreak. 

Larry and that neon white baseball cap was killing me softly. Just me or did he look a bit like Uncle Russell Simmons in that cap? Slightly turtley?

What are rents like in Malaga, Spain? I mean I expect practically living in a drawer in Japan but Spain? Outside Madrid? Really? The only way to explain a grown ass 31 yr old man living in that shoebox and sleeping on a bunk is if rents are crazy high like Manhattan/London/Japan and/or he gets shit pay as a 'model.'

Cortney? The only thing he is to you is a self-delivering booty call. Barely in the cab minutes after meeting and he is already calling her cold. 

Lawd, is Karrine hungray for the dack or what?

10 years though. National Organization for Women needs to give a gold medal to all the women in the US for not giving it up to Paul.

The only thing more awkward than that kiss between Paul and Karrine was the kiss between virgins on that other TLC show of years ago

K9XS6GW.gif

Far as I'm concerned Karrine has earned that greencard. 

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

So much second hand embarrassment for Larry when the candy kept dropping on the ground and he was explaining to the randoms it was candy! for her family!  who gives a f**???

Plus it was chocolate. Um, no. I cannot imagine the state of chocolate after traveling 24 hours in a trash bag shoved in an overhead compartment. One time I stayed in an uber fancy hotel where they turned down the bed and laid chocolates on the pillow. I decided to take the chocolates home, and by the time I got home and opened them up, they were a soft broken mess. And my flight was only 5 hours. 

The guys at the airport where cracking up. I did feel bad that the airline lost his luggage, but he needed to fly an airline that allows you to track your luggage through their app. That's the only way I will check luggage, if I know that it's on the plane with me. 

• Love 1
On 9/13/2017 at 7:00 AM, AZChristian said:

Wait - didn't she say it came out of her hairbrush????

You're right.  She did...but that fact isn't 1/100 as funny as Major Bigtime's, "I was thinking she grabbed it out of the drain."

On 9/13/2017 at 4:53 PM, millennium said:

That choker looked like it was biting into her micro-neck. 

Yeah, what's she smuggling under those fabulous neckorations?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

@lovesnark   Your story - Holy cow!!!   The reason why pen names are such a good idea online.  Wow.  

It was some crazy shit! It was just a small group, private message board. She started sending private messages to everyone telling them how horrible I was and asking everyone on the board for money to help her recoup what she spent fixing her car. The mod  told her she was nuts and banned her. I think that experience is one of the reasons I love to watch shows like this one and Catfish. It will never cease to amaze me how people can message on FB with someone, video chat and text and convince themselves that they're madly in love with some random person they've never met face to face. At least with this show, the lure of a green card is motivation.

• Love 4

I don't feel sorry for Karine at all.  She set a goal and is working to achieve it.  It seems pretty obvious to me that she really wants the intimacy because she thinks that will seal the deal and get her a ticket to the U.S.  She made a decision and is going to see it through in order to achieve her goal.  She did not have to go through with any of this, but chose to do so with her own free will.  She did not want life with her family in her small, poor, and isolated community.  She prefers a life with a man she identified as neurotic, was mad that he wanted her to take various medical tests, and by whom she often seems embarrassed.  Totally her choice.  

It seems like Cortney may have led Antonio on a bit with what her intentions/objectives were regarding their relationship.  He seems continually confused by her and noted her 'coldness' several times as if he had no idea of what she was like.  She has a Disney princess happily ever after in her mind; she just expects Antonio to know what she wants and deliver it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I have very little sympathy for any of these people ( which is of course why we all watch). I can't believe that a beautiful girl like Karine would put up with Paul & all his bullshit ( she even described him as neurotic!) He must totally stink by now ,so being with him at all would be hard but the fact that he's talking about trust when he is a convicted felon is the height of irony.  Patrick is a player who got played "ala francais" and I loved it!  I'm sure there are a cadre of women (including Baby Mama) who are enjoying the hell out of this.  Courtney, you are making me feel uncomfortable with your stupidity and inability to read a room. Antonio isn't as much of a prize as he thinks he is but at least he's playing a part for TLC.  Oh, Larry, poor Larry. He seems like such a nervous doofus. Actually, I think Jenny was pretty kind to him but maybe he's the closest to a Green Card she's gotten on Phillipino Cupid.

Karine is no angel. She's a prostitute, selling herself and her body for ____________ (whatever it is worth to her, I'll let her fill in the blanks).  I can't stand her little innocent virgin act.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LocalGovt said:

Karine is no angel. She's a prostitute, selling herself and her body for ____________ (whatever it is worth to her, I'll let her fill in the blanks).  I can't stand her little innocent virgin act.

i agree. However, it is sad that life there is so bad that a woman would chose to fuck that gross dick to get out of that country.

• Love 8