Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

The whole Darcy/ Jesse fight seemed so staged and fake. I did notice that the two of them are displaying Darcy's products more prominently. Things that make you go hmm...

Oh Larry, you went on TV and said you hadn't had sex in 14 years. Sigh. 

Good for Patrick, but I wish he hadnt said he was going to try to change Miriam's mind. 

Sean and Chris and Abbie, just yuck.

• Love 13

Larry and Jenny

• 14 years!  Good lawd!
  • “Everything you say is what I think” Yes.  B/c Larry is saying what he wants to be true (re: love, sex and whatever else) and she is parroting it. 
  • And “just dates”.  Ok, girl.  Ok.

Abby and Chris…and, oh yeah, Sean

• Sean is getting played up.  Yo, Abby is so shady.   She clearly has deeper feelings for Chris and lights up in a different way than I’ve ever seen her with Sean.
  • Chris wants to jump Abby.  It was evident that this is all some sort of formality for the cameras and Chris expects her to be at his side.

Darcy and Jesse

• I don’t what to believe here:  Was Darcy really THAT drunk?  Jess seemed to overreact to me.  Personally, Jesse seems terrible; what was that fight about?  He seems like a controlling tool and she seems so sad and desperate.  I almost feel bad for her.
  • Also.  His tacky ass idea of a romantic setting is some real red light district stuff.  The hell? 

Patrick and Myriam

• Patrick (and Cortney too!) is in one of the most amazing cities in the world.  You don’t need the tool you came to visit.  Go solo and explore these wonderful places.
  • Clearly, Patrick is hoping to de-friendzone himself.  He thinks he is going to sweep her off her feet with his amazingness. 

In general, these people need to listen to their gut.  My God, all of them are anxious and engaging in behavior which suggests they aren’t listening to their brains.  It’s killing me.  Listen.  To.  Your.  Instincts.

P.S.  That preview in Brazil looks super exciting.

P.S.S. Mother Patrick (TM another poster) is my favorite.  She's awesome!

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

The whole Darcy/ Jesse fight seemed so staged and fake. I did notice that the two of them are displaying Darcy's products more prominently. Things that make you go hmm...

Oh Larry, you went on TV and said you hadn't had sex in 14 years. Sigh. 

Good for Patrick, but I wish he hadnt said he was going to try to change Miriam's mind. 

Sean and Chris and Abbie, just yuck.

Yeah, Patrick followed "I respect her relationship" with I'm going to show her how much fun we can have...Patrick, she doesn't even respect her relationship if she was carrying on with you while dating this guy. Is Myriam going to tell the boyfriend? or is she just going to keep preening for the cameras?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

How do you not get laid in 14yrs?? That's almost a medical condition.

Considering  that we are talking about Larry, it's kind of amazing that he has had sex that recently ... or ever. And if I remember correctly his youngest son is about 14 years old.

Edited by PityFree
Add some thoughts
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

P.S.  That preview in Brazil looks super exciting.

Yes!  What happens?  Does Paul flip out after Karine's reaction to whatever he shares with her.  He runs into the jungle and then gets mugged?  Who gets shot?!

• Love 15

I was surprised to hear Abby say that Sean has to get along with Chris.  I thought it would be the other way around.  I have a feeling Chris is the one that she wants, but he isn't willing to make a commitment.  

I feel for Darcey.  She may be delusional, but she seems to have a good heart.  I hate the way Jesse, his family and friends treat her. 

I noticed that Larry paused before answering the question about the last time he had sex.  I don't believe him.  For someone who claims to be a virgin, Jenny seems to know a lot about the romantic habits of American men.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Does Paul flip out after Karine's reaction to whatever he shares with her.  

I hope hope hope that a gorilla picks him up, but realizes what a sleaze he is and dumps him (sans protector) in the swamp.

• Love 16

Jenny is SO full of it....I hope he sees that when he watches this, or Immigration does and doesn't give her a green card>

Darcey RUN!!! The abuse will only get worse...

Sean Chris is SO much more the a "Friend"

Cant wait until next week...why isn't this show Two hours???

• Love 9

Wait? Did Larry spend his 401k to go to the Phillipines? I didn't catch that. 

Kidding aside, I feel a little sad for Larry but he brought this on himself. I think he saw his cousin, who seemed to find love this way, and thought it would be the same for him. I don't know. I don't trust Jenny. 

Abby is a player. I don't get super-weird vibes from Sean. What is wrong with him that he has to put up with this? 

I did feel badly for Darcy this episode. Jesse got super-weird when she came back to his place after some "wines."  I find Jesse scary. 

I cant wait for next week to see what goes down with Paul and Karine!

• Love 6

Abby and Sean (and Chris):

Absolutely appalling. Abby is in LOVE with Chris. Her smile, eyes and demeanor screamed that she adored the man. She has not shown those same feelings for Sean. Not even when they first met. I believe Chris is a charmer and Sean is a bit less captivating to her. I'm also getting the feeling that Chris is the first man who really showed her the ropes (if you get my meaning).

Patrick: I'm utterly bored with this narrative. There is nothing remarkable about their relationship. Patrick just wants a foreign woman. 

Darcy and Jesse: Jesse is undeniably a control freak and also rather cold and robotic. However, I found Darcy to be reflective of an angsty teenage girl in her behavior. She hates the reality that she is dating a much younger man who may or may not want marry her. She is desperately pursuing marriage with a quickness and gets mad/in her feelings when people point out the obvious. Jesse needs to move on and Darcy needs to get counseling. Scratch that: Break up and counseling for everyone! 

Edited by LittleLambOhWhere
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, LittleLambOhWhere said:

Absolutely appalling. Abby is in LOVE with Chris. Her smile, eyes and demeanor screamed that she adored the man. She has not shown those same feelings for Sean. Not even when they first met. I believe Chris is a charmer and Sean is a bit less captivating to her. I'm also getting the feeling that Chris is the first man who really showed her the ropes (if you get my meaning).

Patrick: I'm utterly bored with this narrative. There is nothing remarkable about their relationship. Patrick just wants a foreign woman. 

Darcry and Jesse: Jesse is undeniably a control freak and also rather cold and robotic. However, I found Darcy to be reflective of an angsty teenage girl in her behavior. She hates the reality that she is dating a much younger man who may or may not want marry her. She is desperately pursuing marriage with a quickness and gets mad/in her feelings when people point out the obvious. Jesse needs to move on and Darcy needs to get counseling. Scratch that: Break up and counseling for everyone! 

This this and this 

Abby is so in love with Chris.   She totally lit up at him.  Sean is right to be concerned. Methinks Chris won’t taje her to America.  

ETA her comment about “not the lips”   She didn’t want him ruining her game on tv  

Darcey:  run.  Jesse is an ugly control freak. One small glass of wine indeed.  I would have been out drinking too. 

Patrick has a chance to visit one of the most beautiful cities on earth.  My traveler soul is so sad to see him next to respecting that.  He needs to open his non-traveling eyes.  

Edited by Meowwww
More opinions.
  • Love 7

Ok  I missed Myriam's explanations last week. Patrick told her he was coming to Paris just a few days before traveling. And she thought they were nothing but friends. Still. I think they are both faking. They don't  act natural.

I can't stand Patrick. This kind of short and self-conscious guy who does whatever it takes to get noticed.

I must admit Chris is more attractive than Sean for his age. But that little Abby is disgusting. And I don't get why her parents are so supportive to her. I mean how old was she when she started hunting after grandpas? 16 maybe. And her parents were like okay...?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ok, long time lurker here. Never really felt the need to comment, I always just enjoyed reading everybody else's thoughts, but between his show and the creepy train wreck that is Meet the Putmans...here I am :)

Darcy's is a stage five clinger but Jesse really showed his true colors tonight, super controlling, his word is gospel, and he expect Darcey to fall in line with HIS wants and expectations. Super creepy and gross. I'm glad Darcy's had the common sense to walk away and get her own hotel room. She should've done that from the start. Go home to your girls, Darcey!

Yes.  “Now means NOW”.  A-hole.  

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, LittleLambOhWhere said:

Darcry and Jesse: Jesse is undeniably a control freak and also rather cold and robotic. However, I found Darcy to be reflective of an angsty teenage girl in her behavior. She hates the reality that she is dating a much younger man who may or may not want marry her. She is desperately pursuing marriage with a quickness and gets mad/in her feelings when people point out the obvious. Jesse needs to move on and Darcy needs to get counseling. Scratch that: Break up and counseling for everyone! 

My feelings are the same regarding Chris. Abby looked like she had real attraction to Chris. He carries himself well and seems like he would be a ladies man. Sean comes off desperate and pussy whipped. He is a means to an end. When she finally comes here to live, she can be Chris' summer side chick, instead of his winter side chick. I can see it now...Chris will buy her a ticket to visit him in whichever state he resides, and she'll tell Sean that Chris is her bff and he has to understand that he's important in her life. It'll be another Pao/Juan situation. Except Chris isn't gay. 

• Love 11

URGENT !

Mambo Gladys:

Put some extreme evil voodoo on Jesse.

I like Darcy, sure she is over the top and fell for the creep, but its not a crime to be lonely. She isn't mean and put up with that asshole.

I would of booked a hotel the moment he tried to make me bike ride after that long flight.    I really can't stand him.

• Love 16

Darcy needs to go home and forget this period of her life. I don't think Jesse is especially controlling but perhaps needs to be in order to not be railroaded into a quickie marriage.  Darcy appears to become more needy as time goes by. She went there to get a proposal and time is ticking with no ring in sight. So she escalates.  Everyone around her is saying the same thing...Jesse is not going to marry her in six weeks time. 

As far as the young woman in Paris and the young man in Spain...I think they are in similar situations. They both met people on line, they talked and flirted but never thought they would be seeing the person in the flesh. People will talk about traveling to see someone in another country but never actually do it. 

• Love 16

What is the all thing with Darcey?  Is she alcoholic?

I can't believe she cried when Mother Jesse advised her not to be so desperate about engagement.

" But I'm forty-twooooo !"   Wow.  And she wants another child. If Jesse was interested in having kids, he would date a younger woman.

Jesse coming to this hotel with Darcey's bags is so funny.  Does he expect her to stay longer at the hotel?

• Love 8

You would think that by now word on the street was clear to all these young girls.

99.99% of these guys are losers who come after you, live in dumps and places like Rexburg.

Don't they at least do a little googling before?

Oh and that guy in Spain is no model. He is too short and has love handles.   Go home Corny Ranch Dip.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Emkat said:

Jennie the virgin made me LMAO.  I wonder why none of her other 'American boyfriends' married her?

She's definitely not the girl on the pictures.

Only Larry didn't notice.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

You would think that by now word on the street was clear to all these young girls.

99.99% of these guys are losers who come after you, live in dumps and places like Rexburg.

Don't they at least do a little googling before?

Oh and that guy in Spain is no model. He is too short and has love handles.   Go home Corny Ranch Dip.

Maybe some can get a nanny job. This is their hope of getting out. Some end up in the human trafficking part. Smalltown USA til they get the Green Card and can maybe escape.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

"Keep ya happy ass off the internet!".  Smartest thing anyone has ever said on this show. Thanks Patrick's mom.

Also i was ready to write Patrick off but he addressed his mother as "ma'am". Thats a good boy.

All respect, but it was actually "happity ass" because mother Patrick is one of the most amazing people we've ever had on the show.  :)

• Love 18

Larry is an idiot. If he was so adamant about not having sex before marriage, why didn't he discuss this with Jenny BEFORE he cashed in his 401k and flew his happity ass over to the Philippines. Why wait till he gets there, what if she'd said no thanks, that's a deal breaker. Then would he have turned around and left? 

Listen to your cousin, Larry. Jenny's a seasoned pro at this and she's telling you what you want to hear. 

• Love 17

I agree with you guys about Darcy - she seemed to think all she had to do was show up in Amsterdam and presto! RING! Doah. And every day she doesn't get said RING! she gets a little more desperate.  I think his mom was trying to be nicer than his step-dad but her message seemed clear to me... WTF is wrong with taking your time? And seriously, I kind of get these other ones trying to escape poverty but it doesn't seem like Jesse lives in abject poverty in Amsterdam.

Abby, Chris and Sean should just go ahead and get a condo together.  I bet Abby would go for it.  And poor Karine... Maybe old doofus ran into that anaconda in the jungle. We can hope.

• Love 12

I get where Jesse is coming from.  I don't like drinkers either but that is something you say right away and if they must drink then walk away.  He compounded the problem by his controlling.

Just now, CatLynn said:

Is it just me, or did anyone else think Jenny looked pregnant???

Is Jenny the French girl?  If so then yes she looks pregnant.

• Love 6

No Jenny is the Filipina (*cough*) virgin. When the producer asked her what she thought was "cute" about Goober Larry, she got this blank look on her face and said in a monotone, "Um...Um...I like his nose...even if it's big." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I get where Jesse is coming from.  I don't like drinkers either but that is something you say right away and if they must drink then walk away.  He compounded the problem by his controlling.

Is Jenny the French girl?  If so then yes she looks pregnant.

No. The Filipino cupid one but it's just belly fat.

• Love 3

Chris is clearly the one Abbey wants and I bet she's super ticked off deep down that she couldn't snag him full time. He's got more money than Sean and a bit of swagger. She probably didn't have to teach him anything in bed either.

I'm really surprised that she's expecting Sean to just accept that she's got another dude on the side. If she was really gaming for that green card I'd have thought she'd just "forget" to mention Chris all together until she was in America.

• Love 20

Does Jesse want to go to America? Maybe he thinks that Darcey will want to stay in Amsterdam.

Darcey is also in a foreign country and the laws there apply to her. Jesse is showing her who he is on 'his' turf. She may want the RING! but she should just be enjoying getting to know this man. Maybe if he was 34 they'd make a better fit. 24 is a bit young to settle down these days unless he is very set in his life - has a job, life goals, etc.  If he is troubled by her having a glass of wine, he has to address this with her.

I missed part of the show because of DVR issues - I missed the first 20 minutes.

Myriam, have lunch with Patrick as a friend and then give him some tourism information so he can go see the sights by himself. Patrick, you are unlikely to 'wow' her. I also do wonder if she has told her 'boyfriend' about Patrick or any of the other men she chats with online.

Sean, Abby wants the more exciting Chris. There is still the significant age difference of him being 47 and her being 20. Unless he is very rich and can be a sugar daddy, it's not going to last. And he will find out that Abby was just using him. Maybe they are just using each other.

Larry, you may wish to check out the merchandise before proposing marriage to a woman who looks little like her dating profile. She's a pro and can see a sap coming a mile away. Maybe he feels he can also hold the 'cards' on a relationship with her.  It's not good to pin the hopes on someone who you have only known as a dating profile person.

The mothers may be wise, but the kids need to learn their own lessons on their own. They are just there with the dustpans and brooms sweeping up the pieces.

• Love 7

'She needs to go home now, and when I say now, I mean NOW."

Is that just a teensy bit of a turn on for anyone else. in a Christian Grey sort of way ?  

It seemed their fight escalated from seemingly nothing, like Darcy being tipsy or whatever, to actually coming from deeper issues within their relationship.

Jesse's mom got her point across in the most tactful way a mother possibly could do it. 

Also, 100% of these couples on this show appear scripted. ALso, in a way like every couple has a storyline. Antonio plays a Casanova sleazeboy to a grandiose level, Jenny with her scripted monotone and folded arms "I want to come to the US"; Abby's 64 year old  boyfriend who's got it going on; blablabla

• Love 6