Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, AussieBabe said:

Antonio is real. Hot damn. I was prepared for 5'2, 350 pound Danny DeVito lookalike. Instead, we got something worse. 

LMAO!

On 9/11/2017 at 0:31 PM, LocalGovt said:

A couple episodes ago, when  Sean gave Abby the laptop and ipad, did you see her hands when she took them? She was making the open palmed, "gimme, gimme" gesture to him, like, "c'mon dude, just give me the stuff, already!'.  That was either a trick of editing, or she is one cold you know what.

well at least it would explain why the hell she'd be with liver-lips in the first place!

• Love 4
On 9/10/2017 at 9:44 PM, Christi said:

They showed a commercial for the regular 90 Day Fiancee show, and it was different couples...Ill be so pissed if we dont get these people! 

I have a strong & growing suspicion that NONE of these couples make it through the international visits and we're going to get all new 'characters' for the upcoming "90 Day Fiance" regular season . . .

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I had no idea that was possible.  I do not know from Snapchat.  I am old.  

4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I am now 50 and I have second-hand embarrassment for the adults who use these filters all the time and post the photos on facebook!

3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Yes! And I'm embarrassed for those adults too. I stick to the dignified geo-filters! Haha. 

Being old has nothing to do with it. I'm 30, and don't even own a cellphone, let alone know Snapchat, IG Kik or whatever thing is cool these days. I had started twitter and found out/realized that I'm an awkward misfit, with nothing to really contribute to the internets. So my SM knowledge pretty much starts and ends with Facebook, and it's really just so I can brag to my family (That live 8 to 16 hours away depending who) that I have unicorn hair. I know nothing about filters. Just that it made one of my sister's FB profile pics look nothing like herself.

Oh, Larry... Where to start...

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ChiBurbsMama said:

I have a strong & growing suspicion that NONE of these couples make it through the international visits and we're going to get all new 'characters' for the upcoming "90 Day Fiance" regular season . . .

There is probably a lag in the filing dates to move the couples from before the 90 days to the regular 90 days. The really interesting thing will be seeing how desperate the Happily Every After alums claw on to their little shred of reality personality fame.

Courtney, Courtney, Courtney. Why did you have to fly across the world to meet a man who isn't that into you. She could have found plenty of good looking, self absorbed, ill mannered jerks stateside.

• Love 16
On 9/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, Desert Rat said:

To hell with your dignity. LOL.  We want to hear the scoop.  

I have noticed that there are a disproportionate number of 90 day folks from Florida and Ohio.  I'm pleased to say that so far no one from my state has appeared on this show to embarrass us.

That totally obnoxious, borderline child molester Mark was from Maryland but I wasn't embarrassed.  I was, however, completely disgusted.

• Love 4

That photo of Cortney's that Drogo posted illustrates one of the problems faced by 90 dayers when they finally meet the "love of their life" for the first time.  The photos posted showing Darcy's posts as well as this one of Cortney really are misleading.  That may be one reason Antonio was all 'let's just go to the pageant...' and why he kept staring at her face-she didn't look like her photos and he may not have been as interested in her as he originally thought.  

• Love 4

You all come over and sit with me!  I've got Werthers Candy and those little packets of Kleenex in my purse!

I know a woman who is pushing 55, if she is a day, and she does those flower crowns and strange-looking eyes and God knows what else to her profile photos.  Posts them everywhere.  And why wouldn't she?  She gets tons of encouragement via Likes and comments that say "looking gorgeous, as usual!"  and "honey, you just never age!"

And here am I, feeling like I am being a sneak because I take whatever selfies I take with my face looking up so you can't see my double chin.

The Darceys of the world will continue to do hideous stuff to themselves in the pursuit of "youth" and Kardashian-style glamour because they receive such encouragement for doing so.  Darcey is not attractive at all, no sir, not in her current incarnation with her current obvious addiction to fillers, extensions, and poorly applied false eyelashes.  All that she has achieved is to look like a skank, and not a damn bit younger than 42. If anything, she looks more desperate, and even older.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Courtney, Courtney, Courtney. Why did you have to fly across the world to meet a man who isn't that into you. She could have found plenty of good looking, self absorbed, ill mannered jerks stateside.

Right.  And IIRC, Courtesy said she was looking for a man who was more responsible and family-oriented then men in America.  She needs to keep looking because Antonio is not settling down anytime soon.  

• Love 8
On 8/28/2017 at 3:18 AM, SleepyAndClumsy said:

I can't help but feel sorry for Darcey. She is so needy that she puts up with really horrible treatment from someone who seems like a sociopath to me. He is constantly trying to make her feel bad about herself, and seemed gleeful when she mentioned Dave's insult. He even said that he thought the evening 'was delightful,' or somesuch. 

He is a creeper, plus he's not even all that! His skin is terribly acne-scarred. And his apartment is tinier that Pedro and Chantel's! ?

And he'll be bald inside of five years.  It is glaringly obvious that Jesse has not even an ounce of affection for Darcey.  He's approaching this visit like someone doing the very minimum to stay in the game.   I can't figure out what his motive is yet -- to come to America, or to get TV exposure, or both.   I don't believe they had sex.  

Darcey dresses like an aging Long Island whore.  That choker looked like it was biting into her micro-neck. 

Paul makes me wonder exactly what this show is facilitating.   It's not unreasonable to wonder whether the men seeking to bring just-past-pubescent brides from foreign countries are trying to satisfy pedophilic urges, and the scene in this episode, with Paul stopping just short of throwing Karine a "My Little Pony"-themed birthday party, seems to justify such misgivings.  Not only that, his eyebrows are really fucked up and his fingernails are filthy.  Asking the parents if he can bring Karine to a hotel demonstrates how out of touch with reality he is.   I think the only reason they agreed is because they're hoping to eventually follow Karine to the U.S.

Is Patrick blind?   There's a beautiful woman right before his eyes, who just happens to be the mother of his child and from all appearances likes him and cares about him very much.   Men are so stupid. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 12

I was so confused because I thought the Filipina cousin-in-law was Daya (?), a previous 90 Day Fiancee subject, but then I realized that this woman was much younger than Daya. 

Cortney is a dumbass.  She has travelled alone around the world: how can you be confused by a MAP?  She lives in Florida: how can she be confused by SPANISH?  Antonio is no model: he's too old, he's too short and he's too stocky.  Honey, get a hotel room and have a lovely vacation in Spain and forget about that jerk. 

I really don't care about Abby and Mark and Carl (?), but I loved seeing Abby covered in weeds afterwards.  Did she bring a change of clothes with her? 

Jesse and Darcey: oh, good Lord, woman, stop being so DESPERATE.  You makes me cringe. 

• Love 13
On 8/29/2017 at 10:30 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

I felt that Jesse's step dad was envious of him with the comment about the panties being thrown at him. 

See, I don't.  I think he was throwing shade at 40+ year old Darcey, acting like she was meeting her future in laws as if she was 20.  She is their contemporary, act like it!!

• Love 5
On 9/11/2017 at 0:35 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

I have a theory about Antonio. This started as a genuine catfish.

TLC contacted Antonio, and he decided to roll with it for the publicity.  In reality he doesn't give a hoot about Cortney, he doesn't need to go online to get puss, he especially doesn't need puss from overseas, he's swamped with puss, he's super busy, and has no time for her. What he has time for though, is TLC cameras giving him free air time to pretend he was the one talking to Cortney online. I very much doubt that she amazed him with her conversational skills.

The person that is the most surprised is not us... but the actual catfish seeing the model he was impersonating actually showing up to meet Gummy Dummy!

Holy Moley!  I think your on to something!

Antonio's conversation with Samuel did seem really really strange.  After months of texting, it's like he didn't know her at all.  Antonio never really mentioned that he was single and looking for the love of his life.

And beside, why would a model need to be on an app looking for American girls??

• Love 3

During the commercials for this episode, I also thought that woman was Daya. It wasn't until the actual episode I realized that it wasn't, and it was partially because her husband wasn't Brett(?). She said something during the commercial about meeting her husband on the dating app, and I guess I assumed it was Daya wanting a few more minutes of fame. They were one of the couples that blasted the show for misleading them, then showed up again. SMH

At this point, there is nothing that will convince me Darcey/Jesse, Antonio/Courtney, and most likely, Patrick/Myriam are anything other than searching for television time. There is nothing about those relationships that say "legitimately interested in a relationship," even in a trade off like Paul/Karine and Sean/Abby.

Speaking of Abby, having seen people who thought they were under a Voodoo curse, she clearly didn't and didn't even look enthused to be going through that charade for television. People who are believers don't tempt fate by making fun. The Voodoo Priestess got a bunch of information from the production team, and Abby looked like she didn't want to admit she was in the DR or that Chris also had a rash for a minute. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine to make fun of other people's religions, and I especially don't like when people pray to win reality shows, but that is another topic altogether. She needs to get an ointment for that rash, send Sean packing since she doesn't really like him, and I guarantee she will not get the benefit from being on television that she may expect.

Neither will Darcey/Jesse, Antonio/Courtney, or Patrick/Myriam, but thanks for being on the show for us to snark! This show has completely given up any pretense of showing real couples going through the process and only casts people willing to make fools of themselves. 

• Love 4
On 9/12/2017 at 2:14 PM, balisticnikki said:

I'm 45 and my neck is as smooth as it ever was. Is it possible Darcey had her thyroid removed and is trying to hide or draw attention away from the scar? Does it look like Jesse has hair plugs (implants) to anyone else? Yep, there was total baldness underneath when Darcey's "hair" was pushed aside by her headphones, like the bald patches on a doll's head.

I'm 63, my neck was perfection in my 40's also. It started going south in my late fifties, and I do wear scarves more now than I used to!

Unless she's had a ton of sun damage her neck should still look fine at 42, so the notion that she could be hiding a surgical scar makes sense to me.

16 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Neither did he, although her level of misrepresentation is off the chart.  He looks like a shorter, chunkier version of himself.  

He's Antonio's shorter, chubbier, sweaty, mentally deficient brother.

If I was signing up for Previously today, my moniker would be Voodoo Gladys, no question.

• Love 5

Darcy must have neck waddle. That's hard to fix, so she's covering it with the scarves and chokers.  Silly.   It cuts her stubby torso even more.

A scar is cool.  Why would she need to cover that?

I can't stand her lip maneuvers whenever she's disappointed in Jesse.  Her desperation is pretty sad, though.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2017 at 9:50 PM, ChiCricket said:

Aww..I wanted to believe one would swim up Paul's pecker. Maybe something else can happen to him since you took that away from me. ;-)

The candiru, or "vampire catfish" doesn't just swim up.   I first read about the candiru as a child, in a drugstore paperback called Sea Killers.   This was back in the mid-70s, during the Jaws-inspired shark craze when you could find all kinds of cheap books about things waiting to eat you in the water.

The candiru swims up the urethra and then deploys its spines to dig into the tissue and hold it fast.   So you can't pull it out.   Then it starts to gorge itself on your blood.   According to Sea Killers, the agony is so great that men have begged others to kill them, or in sheer desperation have hacked off their own genitals.

At least she speaks the language and can navigate a U.S. city, hopefully.  

I was puzzled by Cortney's statements that (1) she couldn't read a map (doesn't match up with her story of having backpacked around independently) and (2) she couldn't speak the language.   Don't American school children get at least a basic introduction to Spanish as a second language? Even if they don't, shouldn't she have picked up some basic Spanish living in Florida?  Or, like the other Americans, she couldn't be bothered to learn at least a few words in the potential spouse's language?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Quof said:

I was puzzled by Cortney's statements that (1) she couldn't read a map (doesn't match up with her story of having backpacked around independently) and (2) she couldn't speak the language.   Don't American school children get at least a basic introduction to Spanish as a second language? Even if they don't, shouldn't she have picked up some basic Spanish living in Florida?  Or, like the other Americans, she couldn't be bothered to learn at least a few words in the potential spouse's language?

I took Spanish from 4th grade thru college, grew up in NYC and would not be able to speak a word. And I have travelled all over, including to Spanish-speaking countries. Sad, I know. But I can read a map (if it's in English).

• Love 4

Maps aren't "in" a language. They're diagrams :)

I just vacationed in Italy.  I was appalled by the number of English speaking tourists (I'll leave you to guess their country of origin) who made no effort at all to use any Italian.  Not "hello", "please", "thank you". Nothing.  One woman, whose distinctive accent left no doubt about her nationality, complimented a fruit vendor in a market on his English. His face said "hey, bitch, how about you try some Italian?"

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Quof said:

I just vacationed in Italy.  I was appalled by the number of English speaking tourists (I'll leave you to guess their country of origin) who made no effort at all to use any Italian.  Not "hello", "please", "thank you". Nothing.  One woman, whose distinctive accent left no doubt about her nationality, complimented a fruit vendor in a market on his English. His face said "hey, bitch, how about you try some Italian?"

Not sure if I'd recognize "Cathedral Square Park" or "downtown" or whatever on a Spanish map.

The American in Italy didn't use hand gestures? Italy's second language lol

• Love 2

So here's my reaction to Paul (contrasting to others' "he's a creep" impression): the guy is an IT guy.  He is socially awkward, attached to his mommy and over-prepares for this visit (seeing the "travel doctor," worrying about germs and his urethra).  I think he's a little on the Asperger spectrum.  He has no idea how to relate to others (what's with the finger motion when trying to pantomime the "getting married" idea to the Dad? Good lord.  Or him donning the full-body swim armor when getting in the river?) Watch how he smacks her on the back during their first embrace... he has probably zero experience in relationships with people in general, not to mention romantic relationships with women.

Darcey (is that her name?) has ruined her face and I have a hard time getting beyond that.  And that she reeks of desperation.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

So here's my reaction to Paul (contrasting to others' "he's a creep" impression): the guy is an IT guy.  He is socially awkward, attached to his mommy and over-prepares for this visit (seeing the "travel doctor," worrying about germs and his urethra).

LOL! I married the IT guy, but I promise you, he's not weird like Paul. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM, noveltylibrary65 said:

I don't feel sorry for him at all, just his kids!  Imagine spending all your 401K on this mess when you have 2 minor sons.  What a selfish idiot!

Not that it makes it that much better but only one of his sons is a minor, the oldest was one week from going to basic training, so if the younger brother is close to his half-brother he is about to have two close people go away and will be quite the life change.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Not that it makes it that much better but only one of his sons is a minor, the oldest was one week from going to basic training, so if the younger brother is close to his half-brother he is about to have two close people go away and will be quite the life change.

But soon he'll have a new mommy!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

LOL! I married the IT guy, but I promise you, he's not weird like Paul. 

You just haven't found his hairball kleenex collection that he has stashed away yet...

Edited by locomoco
  • Love 6
On 9/5/2017 at 9:18 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

What's a predcy test? ;-) 

haha... I noticed that too!  He says some words so fast you can barely comprehend what he's saying.

Larry may not make a lot of money, but he did mention that he cashed in his IRA (his last ten years' savings) to fund this trip. Yup, I'm thinking Danielle all over again... right down to the cute pets and the poor fashion sense (dad jeans and a much-too-big cap, anyone?) - although Larry's face is a little more symmetrical.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Quof said:

Here here! I just went to France with a childhood friend of mine who pulled the same nonsense.  She would babble on about how the French people loved to practice their English with her. She would also attempt to communicate with the natives by speaking English REALLY LOUD whilst using a Pepe LePew accent.

Courtney must have been with a tour on her previous journeys.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

We live in Arizona.  I used to work in Customer Service for a utility company.  It used to annoy me when people would call our office and the first words out of their mouth were, "Se Habla Espanol?"

Whenever we have traveled, I have always made sure to learn a few phrases in the language of the countries we were visiting:

1.  Hello.

2.  Thank you.

3.  Please.

4.  Do you speak English?

IMO, that's a MINIMAL level of courtesy that I should exercise as a visitor.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We live in Arizona.  I used to work in Customer Service for a utility company.  It used to annoy me when people would call our office and the first words out of their mouth were, "Se Habla Espanol?"

Whenever we have traveled, I have always made sure to learn a few phrases in the language of the countries we were visiting:

1.  Hello.

2.  Thank you.

3.  Please.

I worked at the phone company forever. I would attempt to straighten out some of the messes that I saw there in my minimal second language. 

Bravo for your approach! It would have been SO simple to join Rosetta stone or grab a Barron's book and write out some of the sentences that they wanted to say. Lame. Guys with that low level of looks, income and personality really need to step up their game. They treat these women like they are picking them up at the layaway counter at Caldors. 

• Love 2

And Paul's ability to even figure out phonetically his "can I marry your daughter" speech to Karine's father was horrible.  He couldn't even pronounce the words closely enough for the father to figure out what he was trying to say.  That's REALLY unacceptable.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Quof said:

Most young Floridians I know can speak it at a very basic level. It would be plausible for her to claim she doesnt speak a word of Spanish if she a) didnt take it as a foreign laguage in HS b) grew up in All-american part of town c) didnt have Spanish speaking friends or boyfriends. She HAS been to Spain before, so she MUST know at least a few words. Orlando has a huge Puerto Rican community, and the rest of FLorida south of that you will fins a Spanish speaker just about anywhere you go. 

Edited by Matias130
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

1.  Hello.

2.  Thank you.

3.  Please.

This 100%.  It also helps to learn a couple of colorful phrases that perhaps the locals aren't expecting.  Imagine the look on the sushi chef's face when I declared, "Oishi-kata!" ("this is delicious!") when we were in Tokyo.  I received a couple of deep bows and some special treats here and there from the chef that did not make it onto our bill. ;-)

Edited by bethster2000
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

And Paul's ability to even figure out phonetically his "can I marry your daughter" speech to Karine's father was horrible.  He couldn't even pronounce the words closely enough for the father to figure out what he was trying to say.  That's REALLY unacceptable.

Never mind the miming he was doing that looked more like, "Can I stick my penis in her?" (after the battery of tests of course) than "Can I marry her?" Freaking Paul. 

Edited by EastCoast4Life
  • Love 8