Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I agree.  Your 401k really?   

But you can't "cash it in" unless you no longer work there.  Maybe he took a loan against it?  But he said he cashed it.  

I am 46 and Darcy definitely looks my age with intervention.  I cringed during her scenes.  Us women our age should have more self confidence than others  

And it's not Botox.  The fillers make her look older and puffy.  Botox just paralyzes facial muscles.   Filler causes the muppet look. 

Painful to look at . . . and I'm doing it on teevee, not in person.

• Love 1

Darcy is sad to watch but it does seem like they are hammering on the age thing a lot with her.  Is that all we have?  Most of these shows feature couples where the men are gross(ly) older than the young girls they are pursuing.   Sure there is always an errant "she's young enough to be his daughter" comment, but we never seem to get segment after segment on how pathetic it is for the guys to be scamming the naive.  The same questions pointed to an old scammer dude.

"so when you are 80, she'll be 30.  Isn't that gross?"

"She is out of your league.  Outside of sex and attention, what are you getting out of this?"

"There is no way you have anything in common with this young girl.  Are you a predator?"

"Isn't it awkward?  You have daughters who are the same age."

I'm leaning towards saying Leave Her Alone.  The older guys seem to be told a lot "she's using you for the green card" instead of "she's 20-40 years younger than you.  That's sick man."  Why are trying to protect them?  It seems so common now that it's ok to have a huge age gap when the guy is rich or famous or americansavingapoorgirl.

• Love 19

Antonio is photogenic.  Not so much IRL.  Plus, he looked a bit more curvy IRL than in his pictures.  

The rash and the herb bath.....wow.  How soon will Sean need one?

Darcy is too thirsty...very uncomfy to watch.  

Larry is going all out and is immune to rationality.  I hope he finds what he's looking for.....or at least learns some lessons.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

And I hate to comment on another woman's looks but Darcy does look old enough (and frumpy) to be his mom.  She can't seem to dress appropriately...her bag is too big, her hair too long, her pants too tight.  I'm actually feeling a little sorry for her. 

I thought she was wearing a wig. She's got no edges. 

• Love 9

Samuel FTW!

I can't believe Antonio is real.   He seemed obsessed with her "clear eyes."  Guess he just wanted to "try out" a blonde girl with blue eyes.  Ick.  I was surprised how many times Cortney mentioned him standing her up both in the airport and then at the park.  She was sticking to her gums.....good for her.  She's stupid but she's pretty simple in her feelings.  She wanted an apology more than "had to work, babe." 

I learned today that putting "love" at the end of a written message (and possibly a spoken sentence) makes being blown off seem desirable.  Good tips.

If Abby has poision ivy all over her body then he's going to get it.  Can't believe he banged a girl with a full body rash.  And she needs a round of steroids, not a parsley salad smoothie tossed on her.  That pizza didn't look good to me.  And while the voodoo lady was right that she was beautiful and wanted by many, she should have said "what are you doing with these geezer white men?  If you need to get out of haiti, pick one, get to america and then dump him when the time is right and be free. Green Card bitch!  Here's some black market cortisone cream."   Oh wait....

• Love 22
Just now, guilfoyleatpp said:

Oh yeah, another thing with Cortney spending the first 5 minutes bitching about him being late.  CHECK INTO A HOTEL. HAVE A SHOWER. MEET HIM LATER.

Play slightly fucking hard to get. Jesus, this girl is almost at thirsty as Darcey.

Very much so.  But her plans were to "crash on his couch or make him sleep on his couch."  I was skeeved he went in for the mouth kiss several times and if you watch her hands, she was pushing him off of her several times.   And he's already called her "cold."   This is going to be good tv for the 3 weeks they are together.   I'd like to see her whip out a credit card and check into a hostel or whatever she is used to doing...take control and stop being so passive.  I agree with you.   Let's hope.  He clearly wants to bang her and at least for now she seems like she's just pissed at his lack of american courtesy so we'll see who ultimately wins the game.

• Love 9

I have a theory about Antonio. This started as a genuine catfish.

TLC contacted Antonio, and he decided to roll with it for the publicity.  In reality he doesn't give a hoot about Cortney, he doesn't need to go online to get puss, he especially doesn't need puss from overseas, he's swamped with puss, he's super busy, and has no time for her. What he has time for though, is TLC cameras giving him free air time to pretend he was the one talking to Cortney online. I very much doubt that she amazed him with her conversational skills.

The person that is the most surprised is not us... but the actual catfish seeing the model he was impersonating actually showing up to meet Gummy Dummy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

ETA:  i'm trying to imagine all of the many illnesses and or STDs that Chris could've given Abby. Ring worm? HSV? Are they sharing a case of poison ivy?? Where on his body is Chris' rash?? WHEN WILL SEAN'S ITCHING START??

Could be scabies.............that's my guess

• Love 7
Just now, WhatDaHeck said:

Abby ain't got poison ivy. She got a case of syphilis.

LOL.  I thought this was secret code for STD rash.

2 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I have a theory about Antonio. This started as a genuine catfish.

TLC contacted Antonio, and he decided to roll with it for the publicity.  In reality he doesn't give a hoot about Cortney, he doesn't need to go online to get puss, he especially doesn't need puss from overseas, he's swamped with puss, he's super busy, and has no time for her. What he has time for though, is TLC cameras giving him free air time to pretend he was the one talking to Cortney online. I very much doubt that she amazed him with her conversational skills.

The person that is the most surprised is not us... but the actual catfish seeing the model he was impersonating actually showing up to meet Gummy Dummy!

I'll sign on to this.  I don't think the pictures look alike.  She really filtered the crap out of hers too. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Very much so.  But her plans were to "crash on his couch or make him sleep on his couch."  I was skeeved he went in for the mouth kiss several times and if you watch her hands, she was pushing him off of her several times.   And he's already called her "cold."   This is going to be good tv for the 3 weeks they are together.   I'd like to see her whip out a credit card and check into a hostel or whatever she is used to doing...take control and stop being so passive.  I agree with you.   Let's hope.  He clearly wants to bang her and at least for now she seems like she's just pissed at his lack of american courtesy so we'll see who ultimately wins the game.

yeah, I caught the mouth kiss too. FIRST THING.

Absolutely she should have sprung for her own hotel...unless she was trying to make sure he actually showed up by putting him in the awkward position of her not having a place to stay if he stood her up. Then he would have been an absolute douche for not showing up, but that would be his true colors. AND if she thought that was a possibility, she probably got that idea because he wasn't saying exactly the right things via text. Also, refusing to video chat or call would be a red flag. 

BUT, she did fly 3,000 miles (sorry Cortney, still not halfway across the world) based on some sweet talk via text, which might make him think she was just looking for the lay as well.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Bibi said:

I thought she was wearing a wig. She's got no edges. 

Speaking of hair, Cortney could use a generous trim or big chop. Her ends look raggedy and damaged

4 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

LOL.  I thought this was secret code for STD rash.

I'll sign on to this.  I don't think the pictures look alike.  She really filtered the crap out of hers too. 

So maybe Antonio was catfished. LOL!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I was multi tasking while watching tonight, so I may be wrong. But when he was staring at her, I thought he remarked on her skin being so clear. When he said that, my feeling was that he was staring at her gums and needed to come up with an excuse for doing so. There are surgeries for gummy smiles. I'm not all for cosmetic surgery, but this is a case where it's really needed. 

He was fascinated with her eyes. He said that they were "so clear." I think he means "so light." In Spanish, "light" (in color or shade) is "claro," but "claro" also means "clear." Thus, his bad translation. 

• Love 8

Sean's the one who needs to demand a blood test, not Paul.  And test for every STD plus HIV.  Both her and that other guy have had rashes, yikes.  Plus Sean has already slept with her.  What a mess.

At least Antonio is real, but I don't think he's all that serious about this.  And how tall is Cortney?  Either she's really tall or he's pretty short for a male model.

Larry sure didn't have a whole lot in his 401k if he blew all of it on a single trip to the Philippines.  Plus he'll get hit with a 10% early withdrawal penalty.  Plus he's an idiot.  Even his cousin and his wife can see it.

Darcey needs to stop being so pushy and let things happen naturally.  Calling Jesse her kids' stepdad already is just crazy.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 12

No Paul or Karine tonight? I'm going through withdrawal.

They pulled the Jesse "24 hrs earlier" with Antonio and Cortney. 

Abby and the rash, eww. She must be loving the nice restaurants and gifts from Sean. He reminds me of a lizard. Abby says she doesnt want to choose between them and Chris hasn't done anything wrong. hmmm... Keep collecting your gifts from both, girl.

• Love 6

Sean is creepy & Abby is definatly trying to scam for her own gain. She wants both guys around,my guess is Sean is her backup in case Chris drops dead. I don't like her vibe. 

Cortney is an idiot,now I know why she still lives at home. Maybe it's just me but I don't find anything sexy about Antonio,guys like him are a dime a dozen. He's treating this visit like no big deal,and of course he is,he hasn't spent money or from what we seen from tonight any time preparing for her arrival. 

Darcy & Jesse are just odd together. So far Every conversation she brings up marriage,engagement rings. I get the feeling she likes the idea of being engaged & planning a wedding more then anything, She strikes me as one of those chicks who obsess over Pinterest wedding boards.  

She can stop with the cat nails,holy jeans,choker necklaces,huge Chanel bag that looks like it's been threw hell & back. Crazy orange makeup,everything just makes her look dirty!!! She needs a make-over.

Like other's have said I can't snark on Larry, that much,he really does seem like a sad lonely guy. There is a lot of judgment on U.S. men who find wives in the Philippines, which gets worse when they marry women 20 years younger then them.... hopefully it works out for him. But I think all of these couples are doomed. TLC is just doing this show for wacky drama at this point.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 10

No seriously, what is going on with all the chokers/ shirts that wrap around Darcey's neck?  Is she afraid of us reading the rings around her neck?  LOL. 

Poor Larry.  He has such sad eyes.  

I just caught the rerun after reading the comments about Antonio staring at Cortney's gummy mouth.  I noticed in all the pics they showed from her Facebook that Antonio saw, her mouth was shut.   

Edited by Teddybear
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, fantome said:

Omg... dying at muppet. ?

My thoughts exactly, too...Darcey, the slutty muppet.

Her face looks like it's made of clay.  She needs to knock it off with the extensions, the fillers, the nails, and for Christ's sake, get a hairstyle with bangs!  And then there's the appalling way she dresses... Awful, awful, and it doesn't have to be that way.

Long super-pointy nails just look dirty and trashy to me.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Christi said:

what the fuck is the rash??? omg? 

And why isn't whats-his-name the least bit concerned?  They slept together, right? Or, at the very least, slept int he same bed, but I doubt she's have to tell him "what she likes" in terms of which side of the bed she prefers....

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Call me cynical but I feel like some of these people are hired actors.  Antonio, Jesse maybe.

And I still find it hard to believe Darcy is 42. I'm 42 and I have friends 48 that look younger than her.  Although it could just be the Botox that makes her look older.   Jesse looks more like early or mid 30's than 24 as as.  

I find it hard to believe that Jessie is into Darcy or that Antonio would be into Courtney at all.  

I think it might be fillers that have ruined her face. Any experts out there? I think fillers often turn people into potato heads. I really wish women would just be confident enough to age naturally. Seriously, a wrinkle here and there is so much better than winding up with a weird alien face. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I'm wondering if she's into BDSM -- I oould see Jesse in that role. He's got that detached air about him.

If someone here writes a fanfic about this couple, like the woman who wrote 50 Shades series, and makes $$$$$$ -- please reopen TWOP and Fametracker forums. 

Yeah, Jesse has a total master air about him. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

If someone here writes a fanfic about this couple, like the woman who wrote 50 Shades series, and makes $$$$$$ -- please reopen TWOP and Fametracker forums. 

Yeah, Jesse has a total master air about him. 

Jesse reminds me of some tall bird, like a flamingo. He's tall and imperious, and there's something about the way he strains his neck and looks right or left. I do not find him attractive, because, like Darcy, he seems to invest soooo much time into his look. His hair, his weird coat, being a personal trainer. However, he does seem to have a realistic view. Why, oh why, would be be attracted to Darcy? Surely there are other American women he could date if he wanted to move to the US.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Bubbacat said:

Darcy, sweetie, if your daughters ALWAYS come first, why did you leave them to fly halfway around the world to meet a boytoy? Uh huh . . .

Yeah.  And then one of them can't bother to show up for the Skype.  And Jesse even DRESSED UP!  She is trying to push this all by herself, and I am embarrassed for her.  She is a great sucking hole of desperation.  

9 hours ago, Christi said:

Did you see a rash?  I didn't.  And isn't a rash pretty much normal in that climate anyway?  The "rash" is a plot device to make us think Chris gave Abby a disease.  And Abby, just for the record, yes you do have to choose between your old boyfriend and your new one.  Why is that news to you?  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Darcy is sad to watch but it does seem like they are hammering on the age thing a lot with her. 

These are his friends and family, and what they think and say is probably at least partly a reflection of what he has said to them.  We see how much older she is than her stated ago, so we can only imagine what she looks like in real life, or naked (urp). He's probably been calling them in secret, shocked and panicky.  

• Love 4

Darcy is the same old scene every time, thirsty hints about engagement asap. I almost FF thru their scenes.... 

Darcy talks about being so dedicated to her babies but left them for 6 WEEKS to meet a young stranger. Why couldn't she have gone for 10 days or a week? And the other question I had for her was how would she advise her daughter if her young 20s daughter came home with a beau in his 40s w kids who wanted no more children? I feel if Jesse marries Darcy he will be giving up the chance to have a pack of kids, or even one. Very limiting possibilities that I don't think Darcy would advise her daughters to take. 

• Love 3

On the age thing.  In Darcey's case I wonder why she wants it?  I just don't see much in Jesse beyond the body.  It overkill for his friends to call it gross because men do it all the time.  As a woman, I would want more than a boy toy, so it is hard to see the appeal.

Lots of men who get the young wife have a kind of parent/child relationship.  Darcey seems too nice for me to wish that on her, unlike say Paul who deserves what he gets.

• Love 4

Courtney and Larry live near one another in Florida.  They are both kind, gentle people and might make a nice couple. These two need to abandon the idea of finding a "hottie" on "the other side of the world", and settle for someone more compatible in their own backyard.  

• Love 17
Just now, Desert Rat said:

Courtney and Larry live near one another in Florida.  They are both kind, gentle people and might make a nice couple. These two need to abandon the idea of finding a "hottie" on "the other side of the world", and settle for someone more compatible in their own backyard.  

But you know how American women can be, lol.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

I think it might be fillers that have ruined her face. Any experts out there? I think fillers often turn people into potato heads. I really wish women would just be confident enough to age naturally. Seriously, a wrinkle here and there is so much better than winding up with a weird alien face. 

I'm not an expert, but I do get fillers myself. Darcy has really gone overboard with them. Her lips are way over-filled; the top lip is not supposed to be bigger than the bottom lip. I know that's the style right now, but it looks unnatural.  It also looks like she's used a ton of filler in her cheeks. It looks like she's used Botox on her forehead and around her eyes. 

People should not even know you have filler if it is done properly. I'm in my late 40's and I get it to soften the marionette lines around my mouth and to fill in the dark hollows under my eyes. Both made me look tired. I want to look like myself- but rested and healthy. My doctor is very conservative and is not afraid to say no or to tell me to wait longer between visits if he thinks it might not look good or natural. Darcy's doctor obviously doesn't know the word no. Darcy is trying to use fillers to change her bone structure - a recipe for disaster. 

Edited by PityFree
Fixing typos.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Bibi said:

What kind of man would

not pick you at the airport 

just tell you 'meet me there', with no guidance on how to get 'there' in a city you're not familiar with 

make you wait forever (so had the time to get to the airport ! )

not look like his pictures. At all

tell you that your eyes are so cleaaar

not offer to carry your luggage and  just pick the lightest bag

call you 'Corny'?

What kind of woman would keep smiling after that?

Antonio is a rude fucking dullard from Spain. Courtney you kind of deserve this, I wish you would have gone back home before the dipshit tool showed up.

• Love 10

So Larry travels around the world to meet this jewel of girl he emptied his 401K for somehow gets her to come to the states for a better life and he shows her his hovel of a house...does he have enough of a material draw for this girl?  The appeal of now two people living in a studio apartment might not be all that now that there is no cash reserve.  I wonder if her parents are living well on Larry's borrowed against 401K?

• Love 2

I'm not an expert, but I do get fillers myself.* Darcy has really gone overboard with them. Her lips are way over-filled; the top lip is not supposed to be bigger than the bottom lip. I know that's the style right now, but it looks unnatural.  It also looks like she's used a ton of filler in her cheeks. It looks like she's used Botox on her forehead and around her eyes. 

I think it's the perfect storm of the over done fillers, the ripped jeans, the hair (the hair is so bad), the lashes, the makeup, the chokers, and is she wearing colored contacts?

• Love 10
11 hours ago, hawkhd said:

Darcey can quit with the chokers whenever. 

I don't get why she's doing that. I'm 63, and my neck didn't start going south till I was in my late 50's. Granted, it looks like Darcey tans, either at the beach or in a booth, which will wreak havoc on your skin, so maybe she has a lot of sun damage?

11 hours ago, Christi said:

Wow. I have sensitive skin/eczema and at this moment I have a rash on my forearms and on the tops of my feet. Sometimes on my hands if its been a heavy cleaning day. A rash isn't necessarily an indicator of filthy habits or venereal disease.

10 hours ago, Rabithed said:

My god. First time seeing her story. She's not only stupid she has absolutely no personality. What a dud. 

Dear lord Cortney is thick as a hammer. And when Antonio did finally show up she couldn't stop droning on and on about how she expected to see him at the airport. Its OK to be not conventionally attractive, and its OK not to be Madame Curie, and its OK to be a little annoyed. But its hard to muster up any sympathy for stupid, gauche, charmless Cortney.

10 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

And I hate to comment on another woman's looks but Darcy does look old enough (and frumpy) to be his mom.  She can't seem to dress appropriately...her bag is too big, her hair too long, her pants too tight.  I'm actually feeling a little sorry for her. 

She styles herself so badly! Her clothes are too young and too garish. Her makeup is too harsh. Bold, hard edged makeup like hers ages a young woman, and it makes a middle aged woman a cartoon character. I don't have a problem in the world with people dressing in an unconventional way, or colorfully or even costume-y. Clothes make a statement and if you're 65 and want to dress fashionably or "out there" have at it. But make sure your shit fits you! Make sure it sends the message you want to send! She looks like an aging kept woman in those getups of hers. Not like a confident woman who owns her shit.

And it makes me crazy that whenever she and Jesse are walking down the street, she keeps her purse on the side where it is surely banging into Jesse's hip with every step. Put your bag on your other shoulder! That can't be comfortable!

39 minutes ago, PityFree said:

People should not even know you have filler if it is done properly. I'm in my late 40's and I get it to soften the marionette lines around my mouth and to fill in the dark hollows under my eyes. Both made me look tired. I want to look like myself- but rested and healthy. My doctor is very conservative and is not afraid to say no or to tell me to wait longer between visits if he thinks it might not look good or natural. Darcy's doctor obviously doesn't know the word no. Darcy is trying to use fillers to change her bone structure - a recipe for disaster. 

Darcey is going into Priscilla Presley territory. And she's still so young! My god, what's going to happen when she hits 60?

• Love 8

Darcy will deserve whatever happens with Jesse.  The WHOLE WORLD noticed that while she was practically begging to be proposed to, he was looking at his phone and not paying attention to a word she said.  How desperate are people that they don't see what's right in front of them?  

I don't know what statistics are for successful international relationships that start on the internet, but I'm assuming the numbers are not high.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Darcy is sad to watch but it does seem like they are hammering on the age thing a lot with her.  Is that all we have?  Most of these shows feature couples where the men are gross(ly) older than the young girls they are pursuing.   Sure there is always an errant "she's young enough to be his daughter" comment, but we never seem to get segment after segment on how pathetic it is for the guys to be scamming the naive.  The same questions pointed to an old scammer dude.

"so when you are 80, she'll be 30.  Isn't that gross?"

"She is out of your league.  Outside of sex and attention, what are you getting out of this?"

"There is no way you have anything in common with this young girl.  Are you a predator?"

"Isn't it awkward?  You have daughters who are the same age."

I'm leaning towards saying Leave Her Alone.  The older guys seem to be told a lot "she's using you for the green card" instead of "she's 20-40 years younger than you.  That's sick man."  Why are trying to protect them?  It seems so common now that it's ok to have a huge age gap when the guy is rich or famous or americansavingapoorgirl.

Right on point.  Her so-called boyfriend allows people to trash the woman and says nothing in her defense.  If he gave a crap about her he would have put them in check, especially his 60's retro hippy step dad.  She should run like the wind and save herself a shred of dignity because the abuse will not stop any time soon

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

OMG Antonio is actually real! We are all such cynical assholes hahahahahaha cmon raise your hand if you thought he would materialize? Yeah None of us. I love us.

Courtney should've gone straight to a five star hotel, showered, charged her phone, holed up with room service in a fluffy robe and then texted him to get his shit together . 

That was my reaction "Wow, Antonio IS a real person!" LOL

• Love 7

After reading through these threads, and realizing I'm completely alone here, I actually find Sean quite attractive. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a creeper, but I do think he is a good looking guy....love his eyes. Chris on the other hand....yikes!

Then again,Tate Steinsiek and Michael Rooker are the men of my dreams, so what do I know? 

• Love 2