Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/7/2017 at 11:09 AM, Adeejay said:

Several seasons of "Survivor" were filmed in Tonantins.  It's located in the nether regions of Brazil; accessible only by small planes and boats.  I can't wait to see how Paul is going to get there.  

If I'm not mistaken, the Survivor episodes were filmed in Tocantins - about 1,500 miles from Tonantins.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I've seen a lot of creepy things on the 90 days franchise, but by far the creepiest was Paul proudly showing off that little girl bed, with stuffed animals and a unicorn bedspread in one moment, and then telling Karine he wanted her to get an STD and pregnancy test in the next. 

That bed and stuffed animals looked like it was set up from the prop department from an episode of SVU!  Karine looked really happy about the stuffed animals which makes me think she is a very young naive girl.  

Paul set all that up plus his mosquito tent but did not take a shower.  Ick. 

1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

It's kind of amazing how clothes can affect how old you look, isn't it? I haven't gotten to watch this episode, yet, but from the last episode ... her ripped jeans are way too ripped. They're also too small. And while men like the look of women in pumps, she's got to be smart about it. Stop wearing them when it's not appropriate, such as when you're walking around cobblestone streets.

Yes, the heels are out of place on the cobblestone streets along with the cocktail dress she wore to dinner at her future mother in laws house.  

I see a lot of eye rolling in Jesse's future. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Interesting how different Jesse lives compared to his mom.  Jesse has the super small, but highly organized apartment, decorated all in white and grey.  Sterile and boring, like Jesse.  OTO, Mom's place is eclectic and fun, a fantastic assortment of colors and shapes and textures. It made me a bit dizzy, but I loved it.  

Well, he was in the army and talked about how disciplined and minimalist he is which is partly why he went into personal training. 

• Love 4

Is Jesse a model - or an aspiring model?  He had on a ton of makeup, but the left (on camera) side of his face is pretty scarred and the makeup wasn't doing its job there.  Is it possible they met on a forum for plastic surgery?  Like BotchedCupid or something :)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I've seen a lot of creepy things on the 90 days franchise, but by far the creepiest was Paul proudly showing off that little girl bed, with stuffed animals and a unicorn bedspread in one moment, and then telling Karine he wanted her to get an STD and pregnancy test in the next. 

With his alien bug/fish human infestation phobias, he's seen pictures of Karine swimming in unsafe waters... who knows what kind of dangerous bugs/fish have swum (swam?) up her hoo-hah waiting to attack his manhood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Jesse’s stepfather told Darcey to her face that he is way out of her league.  That wasn’t being blunt; it was rude and totally uncalled for. If like he said, women throw their undies at Jesse when he walks down the street, I can’t help but wonder why he had to go online to meet someone.  I noticed he didn’t respond when asked what is in this for him.    

I totally agree. Darcy is better than me because I would have politely excused myself from the meal and waited in the car. Dave was an ass and it is inexcusable. She was a guest at a meal and that's how he treated her? Oh. I can imagine what he's saying about her behind her back.

Maybe he should ask his stepson why and how he ended up with Darcy. Something tells me Jesse isn't as amazing as his parents think.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Darcy is better than me because I would have politely excused myself from the meal and waited in the car.

Me, too.  There's being honest with people, and then there's being gracious and kind to people visiting your home for the first time.  And no, I don't believe that is a "Dutch thing."  I like to think that being rude, condescending, and nasty isn't anyone's "thing."  I don't like Darcey; I think she is a dirty, superficial skank.  However, she was visibly nervous as the soup was on the table.  Where was the compassion for a guest? 

And you know, I'm all for being a nonconformist, but Stepdad's hair was just stupid.

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I totally agree. Darcy is better than me because I would have politely excused myself from the meal and waited in the car. Dave was an ass and it is inexcusable. She was a guest at a meal and that's how he treated her? Oh. I can imagine what he's saying about her behind her back.

Maybe he should ask his stepson why and how he ended up with Darcy. Something tells me Jesse isn't as amazing as his parents think.

ITA, dad's a complete ass.  But it's great t.v. and I can't stop watching. Besides Darcy needs to be hit over the head with the truth.  Subtultity does not work on this woman.

26 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

And you know, I'm all for being a nonconformist, but Stepdad's hair was just stupid.

And mom.  Worst extensions ever.  That's why Jesse doesn't mind fake, stringy hair.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

When you marry, you also marry the inlaws (generally), so how does Darcy feel about having Dave as her new dad? If he is that rude when meeting for the first time, I can't imagine how he would behave once they tie the knot. Also, Jesse is officially a jerkbag. Yes Darcy is desperate, and delusional. But a man should stand up for his lady...instead he just says nobody's perfect. Really?! If a guy ever told his family that nobody's perfect, regarding me, I'm taking uber home! 

Absolutely! And people keep pointing out that Darcy is desperate and annoying, but she hasn't disrespected anyone so far. She was brought to a home where she was disrespected to her face and expected to laugh it off while her boyfriend just sat there looking like a real life Beavis.

• Love 14

Not to defend Paul, but it looks like he brought Karine stuffed animals and such because she liked them. Her bedroom was full of stuffed animals. Even what looked like old kids character bookbags hanging on the walls. He was trying to bring her what she would appreciated. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Not to defend Paul, but it looks like he brought Karine stuffed animals and such because she liked them. Her bedroom was full of stuffed animals. Even what looked like old kids character bookbags hanging on the walls. He was trying to bring her what she would appreciated. 

Yeah, I didn't think anything of his gifts because they match what Karine clearly already owns. Paul also said something about how she approved of some of the gifts he chose during a previous conversation. 

Paul is creepy for other reasons, but I don't think he's wrong for giving Karine stuff she seems to enjoy.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, tincansailor981 said:

How do I know what the mute wants?"  That line still has me laughing my ass off.   

Loved it!

I think if there were no cameras Paul would be chopped up and Alligator food.

What a horrible thing to ask parents

• Love 8

Paul and Karina need a Translator STAT!  And that Translator needs to be with them all the time -- so that he can have a 'conversation' with her parents.  I couldn't help thinking that her riding in the back of the truck - much less going with him to his hotel -- were going to RUIN her reputation forever in that small town. Who Does That?  He is oblivious of her culture.  His asking for her to go with him to his hotel was just so jarring.  I felt like her parents were giving him permission to Marry Her or at least Take Responsibility for her at some level.  Maybe that is why she expected intimacy with him that night -- a Honeymoon of sorts?  Confusing but nothing that a TRANSLATOR couldn't have cleared up. Sheesh!

Once I saw Mother Jesse, everything clicked into place. Why Jesse would even give Darcy the time of day.....why he may be moving the relationship forward even though her extreme thirst is a big turnoff to him.  I said it before but it bears repeating.....Darcy should have checked into a hotel first thing....gotten some beauty sleep....walked around a bit on her own (at least down the block from the hotel) to check out the effect of the cobblestone on her high heels....and then met up with Jesse after being refreshed.  Him taking her on a bike ride and then riding ahead was jerky behavior.  He does not appear to be into her and his constant complaints about her thirst are sad because he needs to have these conversations with HER, not the camera.  Step-Dad Jesse was rude, but he made cogent points....Clearly Jesse thinks he's All That...so. other than her looking like his Mom's Sister...why does he want to have a relationship with Darcy?  BTW, thanks Step-Dad Jesse for not having this conversation in private but sharing it with all of us out here in teeveeland....

• Love 8
9 hours ago, kendi said:

wearing so much make-up and stupid heels...it's embarassing! Plus she KNEW he was a fitness freak, I thought she would try to even get a bit fit, loose a few pounds or something. Watching her ride a bike was pure comedy---and only 55 calories!

Gosh, I hope she packed a pair of sneakers. You know Jesse is going to get her into the gym at some point. Plus, it's driving me crazy watching her totter around on the cobblestones in those heels.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Worse than the hair was that nose piercing that looked like a carbuncle. I wouldn't have been able to eat if I'd had to sit at that table. It was gross.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I noticed those things, too, and thought that maybe she shared her room with her younger siblings or the other children in the house. I thought I saw a couple of kids scurrying around the kitchen in the background. Well, if that's what she likes, so be it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Worse than the hair was that nose piercing that looked like a carbuncle. I wouldn't have been able to eat if I'd had to sit at that table. It was gross.

Omg, carbuncle! Lolol. He had one on both sides of his nose. It was awful that Jesse didn't stick up for her when step-dad insulted her. Red flag, a big one.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, orangeiguana said:

It's possible -- even probable -- she froze some eggs.

Do we know when she divorced? Most women who have two children aren't freezing their eggs for a variety of reasons if they want more children they will freeze embryos because frozen embryos have a much better chance of producing a viable pregnancy than frozen eggs.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I'm still trying to figure out what was going on there. Was half of it cut short and the other half long, dyed and pulled into a side pony? Regardless, it looked ridiculous.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

I'm still trying to figure out what was going on there. Was half of it cut short and the other half long, dyed and pulled into a side pony? Regardless, it looked ridiculous.

That's what happens when you and your hair stylist are stoned.  Maybe if you watched the show while high, you would dig the awesomeness of step dad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

I think half was shaved, like a bare bottom, and the other half was dyed black, and pulled into some type of Naruto character. Or a sumo wrestler.  I can't decide.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Yeah, I didn't think anything of his gifts because they match what Karine clearly already owns. Paul also said something about how she approved of some of the gifts he chose during a previous conversation. 

Paul is creepy for other reasons, but I don't think he's wrong for giving Karine stuff she seems to enjoy.

The fact that she's into stuffed animals and cartoons should be a red flag for Paul, that maybe she's not ready for marriage.  But who knows with this guy?

• Love 2

This is my new favorite show. I rewound parts and watched others again hours later. How can Paul even be a real person? No one can be the hilariously dorky, running about in his protective gear, sleeping in the misquito tent. Every scene where they have other people casually dressed or wearing little in the heat contrasted with his getup cracks me up. I do feel for Karine if she comes to the U.S. and has to deal with Paul's bizarro mother. 

Jesse's apartment looks fine to me, I like sleek and modern. When they got to the mom's house and he said, "It isn't a fairy-tale, it's real!" I was rolling again at the what-the-fuckness of it all. The step-dad's rudeness was great TV, I'd love to see him have a conversation with many reality-show contestants. Darcy does seem kind but her annoying behavior, while funny to me would be exhausting to deal with.  I can see why she has trouble with men but not sure what created such monstrous desperation. If she spent half of the money she spends on outward stuff like cosmetic procedures, weaves, shoes and bags on working on herself as a person (yoga classes, mountain climbing, learning a new skill) she could develop actual self-esteem. 

Agree with all the surprised reactions to Jesse wanting to move to the U.S. I'd relocate to Europe in a second, esp now.

• Love 6

So why didn't Paul (is that his name, the KY guy?) not have a conversation with Karine about STDs/pregnancy BEFORE traveling to see her? 

I'm 47, and watching Darcy has been illuminating about how unattractive it is to be so concerned about one's appearance. It's almost been therapeutic for me. Aging sucks, but turning into what she is sucks a lot more. There is something sexy about being comfortable in your own skin, even if that skin is a little wrinkled. I've been hitting the gym a lot more and that seems like a lot better strategy than Fillerfest 2017.

• Love 12
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, Desert Rat said:

Patrick's ex is in love with him.  It looked like she might cry when she learned about his trip to France.

Yep! Poor thing.

Did you notice Cameo (Patrick's ex) asked Patrick: "so what if Myriam isn't OK with me and the baby?"

And Patrick said: "She will have to be OK with the baby." Like who cares about you????

Seems like Patrick is biting off more than he can chew. He goes from being a confirmed womanizer to wanting an insta-wife? what about just learning how to be in a relationship? If it's a Muslim woman he wants, or some other kind of devout woman, he can find that closer to home.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 6

Just watched my recording. Where to start...

We could play a drinking game to do a shot every time Courtney says "like". But someone would have to be on standby to call an ambulance for everyone in 10-15 minutes. She is not all there, I really think she's missing some brain cells. Her parents aren't any better. They seem thrilled to be on TV, at any cost. They are going to drag this out for every ratings point possible until we meet her dream love.

Paul is an idiot. Period. There is no hope for either of them. I fear for Karine.

Jesse isn't into you, Darcy. He didn't come to your defense when stepdad put his claws out. He never will. He is another one who just wants to be on TV.

Does anyone besides me wish they'd filmed Danielle and Mo on "the morning after" with questions, like Jesse & Darcy? That was so incredibly awkward.

And Paul, do you always sleep with your boots on?

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, Desert Rat said:

He went to bed in the same clothes he wore on the plane and the two day boat trip.  Has he showered?  

I don't know about a shower, but don't forget that he brought like 10 identical mosquito warding outfits.  So one mesh shirt looks like all the other mesh shirts. 

Did anyone else catch when he was "speaking" to Karine's family and a bug landed on his neck? he just barely kept himself from shrieking and flail dancing.  :)

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Interesting how different Jesse lives compared to his mom.  Jesse has the super small, but highly organized apartment, decorated all in white and grey.  Sterile and boring, like Jesse.  OTO, Mom's place is eclectic and fun, a fantastic assortment of colors and shapes and textures. It made me a bit dizzy, but I loved it.  

I would like to see close ups of that house.

• Love 3
On 8/28/2017 at 1:27 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I imagine the man Courtney is really meeting is a Paul like man.  Her parents looked so deflated to watch their child get on an airplane bound for more ridiculousness.  How do they let her even leave the house?   

The reason that no one has settled down with her yet is that she isn't beautiful enough to outweigh the dopey way that she acts.  That and the fact she is not looking for the person inside, Antonio's packaging is pretty darn hot but someone who will not communicate with you seems shady, like he has cast a large net looking for someone to be a gigolo for.  

Once again, what makes these people want to make their lives so unbelievably difficult?

I just can't fathom someone who is solely attracted to someone (and takes steps to pursue a relationship) based purely on looks, alone. I know they exist, I know there are people like that, but it's hard to wrap my head around.  Courtney needs  a guardian.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I just can't fathom someone who is solely attracted to someone (and takes steps to pursue a relationship) based purely on looks, alone. I know they exist, I know there are people like that, but it's hard to wrap my head around.

The secret here is that in order to think this way one needs to think that on the inside, all women (men) are the same.

• Love 3

I really like Jesse and think the way he handles most questions is appropriate. When Dave made the "out of her league" comment and Jesse's response was, "nobody's perfect," I took it as he was talking about himself. Like, yes I'm an attractive, younger guy but that doesn't mean I'm up on some pedestal. Plus, who knows, they could have edited his response so that it came off worse, and better for tv.  All that being said, I still do not understand his attraction to Darcey. He prefers the natural look yet chooses the most unnatural person he could find ?‍♀️ 

Cortney looks a lot better in her facebook photos than she does on tv. She took a page from Darcey's book. I think Antonio may be the one getting catfished. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Love90DF said:

I would like to see close ups of that house.

Its really funn y how Jesse came to be the way he is with such an eccentric mom. Even the way he drives is super careful and following the rules - is this a dutch thing ? 

I used to date a guy very similar to Jesse - super tall, disciplined, very professional and serious. Yet his mother was a hippy bohemian free spirit artist. Maybe its a form of rebellion against their parents. 

• Love 7

Some bangs would do wonders for Darcey's face. Whenever they showed her, I could not pay attention to dialogue, because of her fivehead. It was so distracting. 

The heels are of no help, When she walks beside Jesse, she's so short it looks like a dude helping his grandma cross the street. She almost os larger than she is tall in some frames/some clothes. 

Edited by Landlord
  • Love 14