Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

That's one of those open spaces on the second floor. There is a counter and they keep quite a few computers there.

Lulz! Open space in a cavernous, noisy, chaotic house. Sounds like the perfect place to foster quiet learning and good study habits.

I'm putting my money on an end-of-season courtship announcement from Jana.

In one of the extended scenes from last week's episode ("Surprise!"), she was standing in the background of the baby shower with VERY tall, scruffy-faced guy wearing a baseball cap and jacket. They were both leaning against the same pillar and IMO, they were standing way too close together to be strangers.

I agree. JB is nothing more than a pimp. He'll sell off his daughter for the money

• Love 4

I seriously doubt the younger ones can read, tbh. Now I've only watched the odd bit that was on You Tube, but I have never ever seen them with a book or seen a book anywhere in that house.

That's one of the reasons I am very glad that Germany doesn't allow homeschooling. People like the Duggars should be under Social Services supervision. I wish I could call them and draw their attention to those poor kids.

• Love 9

I remember an old episode when everyone was so surprised that Hannie could read because no one had taught her, she had to teach herself. And I was just baffled because how can you not know that your child can read? And if you have a child that is old enough to teach herself to read, shouldn't you as a homeschooling parent already be actively teaching her?

• Love 9

I remember an old episode when everyone was so surprised that Hannie could read because no one had taught her, she had to teach herself. And I was just baffled because how can you not know that your child can read? And if you have a child that is old enough to teach herself to read, shouldn't you as a homeschooling parent already be actively teaching her?

Taking my response to the schooling thread

Less than 24 hours ago, just a few posts up, was a note to take discussion about the house and schooling to the correct topic. Because this was ignored, several posts were removed for being off topic. If you find you want to respond to something and have been asked to take it to the correct topic, you can post a simple, "Taking to this topic." Otherwise it seems as if the gentle requests are being deliberately ignored and we need to take it to the next level of removing posts. We'd prefer to just post gentle nudges. Really, truly, we we do. Please, read the mod notes and stay on topic.

• Love 1

Assuming she was driving him around like that, it is very bad. But I put even more of it on Anna (and Josh). There is no sign of a car seat in that car at all. As a parent it is your responsibility to make sure you provide a car seat or booster to any person who will be driving your child around. Legally it's on Jinger, if she was the one driving. But I have to think that if Anna had given her a car seat, Jinger would have used it. 

• Love 1

Assuming she was driving him around like that, it is very bad. But I put even more of it on Anna (and Josh). There is no sign of a car seat in that car at all. As a parent it is your responsibility to make sure you provide a car seat or booster to any person who will be driving your child around. Legally it's on Jinger, if she was the one driving. But I have to think that if Anna had given her a car seat, Jinger would have used it. 

I have to wonder whether they are even aware of the current laws regarding car seats and such. I'll admit that since it's been well over 20 years since I had a child small enough to need a car/booster seat, I would probably be behind the times. Last I knew, I think it was under 4 years/40 lb, and I do remember driving my then 4-year-old around while he napped in a manner very similar to what we see here.

Of course, that does not let anyone off the hook...Anna should CERTAINLY have been aware of current regulations, and and anyone (including Jinger) who has been brought up in a house with as many infants/babies/toddlers as she has should also. But for all we know they have been handing down the same few ratty car seats for eons without even checking whether they are still serviceable and/or up to code. If her parents didn't though, it might well be that it never occurred to Jinger that these things change.

• Love 2

I have to wonder whether they are even aware of the current laws regarding car seats and such. I'll admit that since it's been well over 20 years since I had a child small enough to need a car/booster seat, I would probably be behind the times. Last I knew, I think it was under 4 years/40 lb, and I do remember driving my then 4-year-old around while he napped in a manner very similar to what we see here.

Of course, that does not let anyone off the hook...Anna should CERTAINLY have been aware of current regulations, and and anyone (including Jinger) who has been brought up in a house with as many infants/babies/toddlers as she has should also. But for all we know they have been handing down the same few ratty car seats for eons without even checking whether they are still serviceable and/or up to code. If her parents didn't though, it might well be that it never occurred to Jinger that these things change.

This is exactly why I put the blame on Anna and Josh (for all we know it was Josh who dumped him with Jinger). People without car seat age children shouldn't have to know the rules. They change. It's the job of the parent to know the rules, communicate them, and provide the car seat. I do not believe Jinger would have ignored Anna's instructions or put aside a car seat she'd been given. 

And yes - the idea that there is a backless booster under him is utter rot.

• Love 2

If JD lived alone, he would have to do his laundry, cook, food shop etc.

It's probably easier to have a bunch of sisters doing those things and just live in the dorm. (Although the cooking looks pretty bad based on what we have seen lately)

Bingo.  And really, he's just doing everyone a favor by living there, because according to JD, the girls "love" doing everyone's laundry, don't they?  Who is JD to deny them their rightful privilege of scrubbing the skidmarks out of his patriarchal underwear?

• Love 5

Bingo.  And really, he's just doing everyone a favor by living there, because according to JD, the girls "love" doing everyone's laundry, don't they?  Who is JD to deny them their rightful privilege of scrubbing the skidmarks out of his patriarchal underwear?

EW and LOL

• Love 2

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! pass the brain bleach!!!

• Love 1

1z1s76h.jpg

I want to know why Michelle's hair clippers never seem to reach the top-knot on Josiah's head and why it always looks like he's not getting his fair share of Tater Tot casserole? 

The Duggar kids age in dog years. Imagine how bad they'd look if they had to work for a living and pay bills like the rest of us.

I don't know - fear of living, or working for a living. I think fear of living might make one age faster.

• Love 5

It's not really a dilemma, because they fear BOTH options. It all boils down to the fear they feel due to their brainwashing and oppression. It's just so odd to hear them talk; they truly believe that they're free. 

But then their ignorance is shown to us every.damn.week. I guess that's a badge of honor for them, being so Godly and above the world, not part of it. I know Jessa isn't a Lonely J, but the engagement scavenger hunt really played this theme out when she had to talk to (likely) TLC plants in order to receive a dozen roses. She acted like these people were shit on her shoe, and she was played off as some sort of introvert. As if! Jana, sure. Jessa? Not a chance in hell that she's an introvert. 

• Love 2

Re: car seat or lack thereof -  I don't have any children but even I know that where I live the law is 8/80!  I have taken my nieces and nephews around since they were at least a year old and I knew that they needed a real car seat and then a booster.  i would take my sister's seats OR SHE would tell me "Hey, I want my daughter/son back alive. Take the seat!"

I still feel sorry for these "adults" - I think that some of it is a clear choice NOT to know or find out stuff that might be good for them (example: read a good book!) to "We are not allowed to.." Even though there are quite a few over 18 year olds legally allowed to make their own life choices, they still relinquish their choices to their parents.  

It just seems so sad to be stuck in a home without any outside interests or friends.  Lack of encouragement to be independent, schooling, jobs.  Despite their proclamation of how this sister/brother is my best friend, it just doesn't seem true.  Most of them strike me as lonely.

Maybe I am projecting my own experiences of being able to choose to work before attending college, choosing my own major, making my own mistakes and learning from them.  Having friends who sometimes seemed to understand me better than my family BUT also having a family that "let" me have outside relationships and experiences.  

I think that sometimes they are just existing until their "real" life starts.

• Love 1

Re: car seat or lack thereof -  I don't have any children but even I know that where I live the law is 8/80!  I have taken my nieces and nephews around since they were at least a year old and I knew that they needed a real car seat and then a booster.  i would take my sister's seats OR SHE would tell me "Hey, I want my daughter/son back alive. Take the seat!"

I still feel sorry for these "adults" - I think that some of it is a clear choice NOT to know or find out stuff that might be good for them (example: read a good book!) to "We are not allowed to.." Even though there are quite a few over 18 year olds legally allowed to make their own life choices, they still relinquish their choices to their parents.  

It just seems so sad to be stuck in a home without any outside interests or friends.  Lack of encouragement to be independent, schooling, jobs.  Despite their proclamation of how this sister/brother is my best friend, it just doesn't seem true.  Most of them strike me as lonely.

Maybe I am projecting my own experiences of being able to choose to work before attending college, choosing my own major, making my own mistakes and learning from them.  Having friends who sometimes seemed to understand me better than my family BUT also having a family that "let" me have outside relationships and experiences.  

I think that sometimes they are just existing until their "real" life starts.

8/80?Wow, that seems a little extreme. I mean, I'm sure someone has done the studies and determined that outcomes in a crash are more positive with the added restraints, but if it was proven, further, that it would be safer for every passenger say, under 15 and under 100 lb, would we be putting all our kids in booster seats until they started getting their own licenses? At what point do you have to start wondering how much of this is purely the manufacturers' ploy to make it necessary for everyone to have to buy new car seats for as long as possible.

Sorry...will turn off the grumpiness now (as soon as everyone gets off my lawn!)

• Love 9

8/80?Wow, that seems a little extreme. I mean, I'm sure someone has done the studies and determined that outcomes in a crash are more positive with the added restraints, but if it was proven, further, that it would be safer for every passenger say, under 15 and under 100 lb, would we be putting all our kids in booster seats until they started getting their own licenses? At what point do you have to start wondering how much of this is purely the manufacturers' ploy to make it necessary for everyone to have to buy new car seats for as long as possible.

Sorry...will turn off the grumpiness now (as soon as everyone gets off my lawn!)

Back in the day kids 2 and under had to be in a car seat in my area. The booster seat law is only 10 years old and is for kids 8 and under and shorter that 4' 9". I, too, wonder who is doing the testing and if it is for safety why the laws differ from state to state.

• Love 1

Okay1z1s76h.jpg

I want to know why Michelle's hair clippers never seem to reach the top-knot on Josiah's head and why it always looks like he's not getting his fair share of Tater Tot casserole?

Maybe he's preparing for the eventual comb-over? Poor kid(s).

Good9ie25y.jpg

Which one is this?

Maybe he's gittin' the extra TTC.

Do they have a gym?

Lol, right? I mean damn, I remember the days when we used to ride in the back of truck beds and piled a half dozen kids in the backseat to go to soccer practice. My dad used to put me in his lap and let me steer the car around the neighborhood. Okay, probably not the most responsible parenting in the world, lol, but I think there needs to be a happy medium between that and keeping kids in a plastic bubble.

And stay off my lawn too, before I turn on the hose!!!;)

• Love 7

To add just one more quick observation (I'd take it to the prayer closet if there are any more responses before things get too OT), there is a difference, seemingly lost on many people, between the risk of serious injury or death in the case of an accident vs. in general. The vast, vast majority or car trips are made without an accident. Some people go through their entire driving lives without so much as a fender-bender, and I would venture a guess that most are probably never involved in a potentially fatal accident. Thus, to equate maintaining the ever-increasing "up-to-code-ness" with "bringing a child back home alive" seems a mite over-reactive.

Yes, tragedies happen. Yes, any tragedy averted is a very good thing. But tragedies will continue to happen (in some tiny percentage) to even the most consciously pro-active people with the most bubble-encased children out there. It's impossible to bring that risk down to 0%. And if the difference between bringing a child home safely is 99.8% (numbers admittedly pulled out of my ass) in a code-approved car seat vs. 99.7%  for any individual car trip with equipment which was perfectly acceptable a few years ago, I wouldn't make anyone feel like an axe-murderer for not keeping up with the very latest.

edited to add: I wasn't saying that anyone here has been quite that reactive, but I have seen people who will quite literally go that far to demonize someone who is forced by circumstance to, say, take a young child on a short drive without a car seat being available, equating them with negligent parents of the worst stripe whose children will undoubtedly fall victim to them in the end. And that just rankles.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5

Did someone try to say there was a booster under the blanket? If it's true is doesn't change the seatbelt being placed improperly. If it isn't true, and it looks to me that there is no booster seat, what the fuck is with the Duggars and the lying? Jinger is horrible at it, but she gleefully smiles during her talking heads as she lies her ass off.

I really really can't wait for ONE kid to explode and spill their guts.  And I hope they get paid beyond their greatest expectations. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

Jynnan tonnix: Yeah, it used to be 7/70, and my niece who was going to turn 7 at the time was very excited, "No more booster seat!" she would say,  Then about a month or so before her birthday, she said, "Nina, they changed the law! it's 8/80 now." She was so bummed.  Anyway, a six year old (at the time) knew the law!  Also, what my sister would say re; "bring my kid back alive" was pure kidding the sister w/out kids.  

Back on topic: 

It would be a shame if they were gearing up to find a match/courtship for Jana. Would she even protest? Say she didn't want it (it seems that according to speculations here that she has seemed to have declined in the past), would she now be forced to because the family needs income and she needs to put her brothers and sisters first? Or if it was one of the others (Jinger or Joy), would they be allowed to say no or would they be guilted into saying yes to courtship.  

And if there is a courtship and they changed their minds? But according to Anna (I think) it's courtship with a quick slide into marriage and then BAM you're pregnant.

Maybe he's preparing for the eventual comb-over? Poor kid(s).

9ie25y.jpg

Which one is this?

Maybe he's gittin' the extra TTC.

Do they have a gym?

That is Joseph, age 21.  He just returned from living a year in Tennessee while going to Bible college.  Living outside of the Duggar compound seems to have improved his appearance.  He looks quite healthy.

• Love 3

That is Joseph, age 21.  He just returned from living a year in Tennessee while going to Bible college.  Living outside of the Duggar compound seems to have improved his appearance.  He looks quite healthy.

He seems like a sweet kid, and imo he's pretty cute. For some reason I picture these people in real life as super short even though they look average on tv. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

K, I don't know who the next Duggar sacrifice is going to be, but I want proof that no holding hands and no kissing before marriage is really optional and up to the kids (adults in this case). When Boob says 'what we believe' (speaking for himself and wifey ugh), shouldn't include his adult spawn.I want to see a couple go out on dates alone, hold hands and kiss. Your move Duggars/TLC. (I'm pretty sure they are fu internetting, so I 'm here to help)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 10

K, I don't know who the next Duggar sacrifice is going to be, but I want proof that no holding hands and no kissing before marriage is really optional and up to the kids (adults in this case). When Boob says 'what we believe' (speaking for himself and wifey ugh), shouldn't include his adult spawn.I want to see a couple go out on dates alone, hold hands and kiss. Your move Duggars/TLC. (I'm pretty sure they are fu internetting, so I 'm here to help)

I'm pretty sure Boob means the entire Duggar family when he says 'we' because he can't imagine his kids believing anything he didn't tell them to believe.

• Love 6

He seems like a sweet kid, and imo he's pretty cute. For some reason I picture these people in real life as super short even though they look average on tv. 

He's cute, seems to have a brain, and was able to figure out how to cross state lines. I imagine if all hell hadn't broken loose with the second Josh scandal, he may have stayed away a little longer.

• Love 2

He's cute, seems to have a brain, and was able to figure out how to cross state lines. I imagine if all hell hadn't broken loose with the second Josh scandal, he may have stayed away a little longer.

I'm sure he was only released to court a Bates girl. Thank god none of them were into him.

• Love 2

From the Dullards thread:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jill-duggar-midwife-complications-99467

Tiffany exclusively reveals that she begged Jill (who was assisting Venessa during her daughter’s birth and had assisted Venessa with more than 100 births while training for her midwife certification) to call 911 at least three times during her brutal 14-hour labor, but Venessa wouldn’t let her, even though “I was crying and screaming out in pain.”

Tiffany also had Group B Strep, which can be extremely dangerous to a baby unless antibiotics are administered, and claims Venessa only offered her holistic remedies.

Venessa disputes the entire story, saying that she did call 911 and that Tiffany refused antibiotics.

In an odd twist, John-David Duggar, then working as an EMT, was the one to rush the newborn to the hospital.

After her traumatic birth, Jozzie spent 54 days in the hospital and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy.

Does anyone seriously believe JD is a licensed EMT?  I sure don't.  There is no way he completed the training to be even the lowest level EMT.

http://www.topemttraining.com/emt-training/arkansas/

Eligibility Criteria

The student must be of 18 years old.
    The student must possess a driving license.
    The student must have passed a 10th grade or high school.
    He/she should possess a current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
    He/she should be free from any criminal background.
    He/she needs to provide a drug-checkup.
    The student need to provide their immunization proofs for diseases, such as mumps, measles, diphtheria, tetanus, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis B, as well as pertussis.
    The students must provide a negative report of Tuberculosis, a Chest X-ray and a flu shot, within last one year.

Coursework

Given below is the list of coursework, which a student studies in EMT training programs:

The human body
    Medical, legal and ethical issues of EMS
    Basic about EMT (Pharmacology)
    Ways to properly move and lift patients
    Respiratory, cardiac, pediatric, poison, allergy and diabetic emergencies
    Bleeding and shock management
    Environmental and behavioural emergencies
    Patient assessment, patient history, documentation and communication
    Epinephrine auto-injector
    Airway management
    Obstetrics and gynaecological emergencies
    Injuries in head, neck, spine, chest, abdomen, musculoskeletal and soft tissues
    Vital signs

However, you will not study the whole curriculum in one go. You will complete this coursework at different training levels.

Small towns have volunteer fire departments and EMT. I remember he was doing some bit training for the volunteer fire department. Jill and Jana tagged along as accountability partners. The silly girls cut up fire pants and turned them into skirts.

• Love 3

I imagine JD was a volunteer EMT or ambulance driver in the area.  I have no doubt he could do some study and training like all the other paid EMTs around there and become official, and paid.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 2
That's one of the reasons I am very glad that Germany doesn't allow homeschooling. People like the Duggars should be under Social Services supervision. I wish I could call them and draw their attention to those poor kids.

I knew a family whose conditions were infinitely worse than the Duggars'. I did actually call Social Services and nothing happened.

Lol, right? I mean damn, I remember the days when we used to ride in the back of truck beds and piled a half dozen kids in the backseat to go to soccer practice. My dad used to put me in his lap and let me steer the car around the neighborhood. Okay, probably not the most responsible parenting in the world, lol, but I think there needs to be a happy medium between that and keeping kids in a plastic bubble.

And stay off my lawn too, before I turn on the hose!!!;)

No one is suggesting a plastic bubble, and frankly, I am shocked that anyone can really think the new safety guidelines are a ploy to sell car seats. They are constantly doing crash test dummy tests, and the data doesn't lie. Every year, fewer and fewer kids are hurt in car accidents and it's because of better and better seats. Of course, these are the same people who walk around their bus and no one wears a seat belt anyway.

• Love 4

From a gossip site, but I so hope it's true and that it's Jana:

Cameras should try and be there when the only Duggar I like finally bails on her family and elopes with the guy she has been seeing online for months. The family would like her continued indentured servitude.

Isn't she the Keeper of the Internet Password?

Run, Jana, run!

• Love 7