Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)

Thanks, Aja! I noww have an image of Ben in my mind with his sideways cap, pimp cup, giant gold cross, and a t-shirt reading "Jesus is my homie."

Add gold grillz.

Speaking of grillz. The Duggars do have nice teeth. 

We are also seeing a lot  more of Josiah this season. He was such an intelligent kid and so good in the TH's as a child, then poof, he was gone, now he has reappeared. 

I suppose we've seen the ads for the girls and now the eligible boys are next. I wonder if they will save the twin and his sinner brother for next season.. if there is one. (season, not brother)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

Thanks, Aja! I noww have an image of Ben in my mind with his sideways cap, pimp cup, giant gold cross, and a t-shirt reading "Jesus is my homie."

Those 2002 Jesus is My Homeboy shirts were the first thing that came to my mind, too. 14 yr behind the trend is about right for Bin and Jessa.

I agree that these past two episodes have just looked like giant Christian Mingle ads for Jinger, Joy, Jana, maybe a little JD.

Josiah needs to get laid or masturbate. He seems twitchy to me. And it might help with the acne. That or let him just go be fabulous. That would be MY pick. I like him but he's obviously suffering.

I really liked him when he was younger. His talking heads had a lot of energy and he was articulate. Now he has no sparkle and I'm pretty sure someone just pulls a string in his neck when he speaks. Great example of how Alert works. 

• Love 4

I really liked him when he was younger. His talking heads had a lot of energy and he was articulate. Now he has no sparkle and I'm pretty sure someone just pulls a string in his neck when he speaks. Great example of how Alert works. 

Josiah was always a sweet kid... he's the one that went out and picked flowers on the side of the road for Grandma when the stink bus broke down on a trip... 

• Love 7

I remember Josiah was the only one on the Stonehenge trip who was genuinely interested and asking the guide questions about the site. The rest of Duggars were acting like fools, trampling on the grounds and standing around looking completely disinterested.

Josiah was one of the few who had real potential. It's sad to see him suffering in mediocrity.

• Love 10

Interesting post on the Duggars' FB page today where Jinger praises Joy for visiting a veterans home every weekend. So my question is, if the Duggar kids are so actively involved in volunteer work, why do we never actually SEE them doing it on the show? Jinger visiting a prison would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than watching another boring baby shower.

• Love 10

Interesting post on the Duggars' FB page today where Jinger praises Joy for visiting a veterans home every weekend. So my question is, if the Duggar kids are so actively involved in volunteer work, why do we never actually SEE them doing it on the show? Jinger visiting a prison would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than watching another boring baby shower.

We don't know if they really do volunteer work or not. It could be similar to how they install lights, sell vehicles and work as missionaries. Photo ops with real work done by other people, or one offs when the camera is rolling. 

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/804409956359322/?type=3&source=54

Jinger speaks of Joy purposing to focus on the needs of others. Good grief! She's 18, and should purpose to educate herself for a stable future. Jinger is very thin.

Oh the Duggars. Joy helps out at the VA ALMOST every Sunday. And Jana is a Concert Pianist. And Jinger flips cars. Their exaggerations place doubt in every statement they make. In the Duggar world, I'm guessing Joy started volunteering at the VA in March, and has gone 3 times since March 6th. 

• Love 5

Can one of you US lot explain this "flipping cars" business to me please? What does that mean exactly? I gather it's some sort of selling........?

I have never heard it referred to as flipping cars, as one might be referring to flipping a house. She basically bought a used car at auction, cleaned it up and re-sold it. In my neck of the woods we do not use the term - flipping cars.

• Love 2

Funny how Joy is suddenly doing volunteer work after all the comments about how they never volunteer.  Maybe Jinger's comment is a setup for next season's theme:  Duggars Volunteer!

And of couse, like the party planning schtick, they'll say she's been volunteering there for years. 

One of the comments on that FB post mentions that the elderly soak up the attention just like little children.  How disrespectful.  I hate it that the elderly are spoken to like little children.  They aren't.  Maybe they would like some adult conversation about history or current events or philosophy, all things that Joy could not provide.  I've seen that oh so sweetsie attitude sap the life out of those who need physical care.

• Love 11

Wasn't what Jinger does first described as "restoring" cars? Then it became "flipping" cars. But it's pretty obvious she is doing neither.

I suppose those terms sound better than what she really does, which is have her brothers pick out a used car for her, have it cleaned and tuned up, advertise it for sale in the penny saver, then stand back while her brother haggles out a deal on the side of the road with some dude. Or pretends to, anyway.

That doesn't sound nearly as glamorous, I guess.

• Love 10

Wasn't what Jinger does first described as "restoring" cars? Then it became "flipping" cars. But it's pretty obvious she is doing neither.

I suppose those terms sound better than what she really does, which is have her brothers pick out a used car for her, have it cleaned and tuned up, advertise it for sale in the penny saver, then stand back while her brother haggles out a deal on the side of the road with some dude. Or pretends to, anyway.

That doesn't sound nearly as glamorous, I guess.

They really should do their research when it comes to using these 'big' words. Restoring cars refers to antique cars and flipping, well flipping isn't used when referring to cars. Why do they try and make everything they do seem so grand or formal?  So much of what they do, whether they do it once or 10 times, is normal stuff, yet to them it is something so neat & special, and as you mention glamorous, that we all should feel impressed.

• Love 3

One of the comments on that FB post mentions that the elderly soak up the attention just like little children.  How disrespectful.  I hate it that the elderly are spoken to like little children.  They aren't.  Maybe they would like some adult conversation about history or current events or philosophy, all things that Joy could not provide.  I've seen that oh so sweetsie attitude sap the life out of those who need physical care.

The comments are always horrendous and, on that page anyway, always 100% positive and totally creepy with the "what beautiful, pure, godly ladies" crap. It's ironic that their schtick is so heavily dependent upon the purity and modesty, yet they present themselves as sex objects for sale (i.e. marriage) and don't seem the least bit disturbed by comments like these. 

• Love 5

Flipping cars is normally just called car dealing.

I think the difference here is that there's no car lot; they're selling their wares on a Boob-owned strip of land alongside a road. They don't even appear to use Craigslist I guess because Evil Internet.
  • Love 2

I think the difference here is that there's no car lot; they're selling their wares on a Boob-owned strip of land alongside a road. They don't even appear to use Craigslist I guess because Evil Internet.

There are cars listed for sale now on Craigslist that are being sold by people with familiar names, located in Tontitown:

Someone named Joe is selling:

2003 Honda Odyssey - $3850

2006 Ford Taurus - $650

1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - $2000

Someone named Jed is selling:

03 Nissan Altima - $3250

Dodge Ram 1500 - $2650

(Didn't find anything offered by Jinger, the new car flipper.)

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 4

They really should do their research when it comes to using these 'big' words. Restoring cars refers to antique cars and flipping, well flipping isn't used when referring to cars. Why do they try and make everything they do seem so grand or formal?  So much of what they do, whether they do it once or 10 times, is normal stuff, yet to them it is something so neat & special, and as you mention glamorous, that we all should feel impressed.

Overcompensation because they secretly know that everything they "do" (and I use the term loosely) is a cross between nada and shit?

Or evidence that they really are so dumb and so arrogant that they truly believe that they're God's super-speshul-eshul snowflakes whose doings are better than anybody else's?

I can't decide.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

12987073_899551110143699_562446645116864

1923830_886216024810541_5771526844667215

12924558_891211240977686_753685139830723

Yeah, they're not tv people.

• Love 7

Whoever did the photoshopping on those pictures ought to be fired, they managed to make even tiny Jinger look dumpy and she's like 90 pounds soaking wet. Is it the angle?

• Love 2

I had never heard of flipping cars either until this show. Sounds like a scam and like it doesn't profit much.

Eh I don't know about scam. If someone wants to sell their dirty car that maybe needs a few minor repairs and someone else wants to spend the time to detail it, make the fixes, etc. then the car will generally sell for more. I've known a number of people who do this when the opportunity arises and they generally do call it flipping. Unless you're a dealer it's pretty limited though.

• Love 2

There are cars listed for sale now on Craigslist that are being sold by people with familiar names, located in Tontitown:

Someone named Joe is selling:

2003 Honda Odyssey - $3850

2006 Ford Taurus - $650

1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - $2000

Someone named Jed is selling:

03 Nissan Altima - $3250

Dodge Ram 1500 - $2650

(Didn't find anything offered by Jinger, the new car flipper.)

Oh, let these be real. But how do they place ads, unless they have to have Jana do it for them, because Flip Phones of Shame.

• Love 3

Oh, let these be real. But how do they place ads, unless they have to have Jana do it for them, because Flip Phones of Shame.

Jana is the keeper of the online password - She can log them on and stand overhead as they place the ads. ;)

• Love 1

I think those ads were placed by the Duggar boys.  Tontitown has a population of only 2,625.  How many Joe's or Jed's do you suppose live there?  How many of them are from a family known to buy and sell used cars?  Add those odds to the fact that –according to the sale prices listed – those are all junker used cars, and you have something with 'Duggar' written all over it. 

By the way, all of those cars were listed on Craigslist in the 'by owner' category, not 'by dealer.'  According to Arkansas law, an individual can only sell five cars a year without acquiring a dealer license.

"precious ones who served our country"?  I'm sorry that sound patronizing to me, especially from people who will never serve in the military. It really struck a nerve with me. They need a thesaurus fast; Bible speak isn't cutting it.   

• Love 9

I think those ads were placed by the Duggar boys.  Tontitown has a population of only 2,625.  How many Joe's or Jed's do you suppose live there?  How many of them are from a family known to buy and sell used cars?  Add those odds to the fact that –according to the sale prices listed – those are all junker used cars, and you have something with 'Duggar' written all over it. 

By the way, all of those cars were listed on Craigslist in the 'by owner' category, not 'by dealer.'  According to Arkansas law, an individual can only sell five cars a year without acquiring a dealer license.

Probably quite a lot of Joes, even ones selling cars. Maybe a handful of Jeds. Jinger would be a dead giveaway.

• Love 1

Do they still do that Internet password thing now with the adults over 18?

Yeah, but the code is probably 'Duggar'. No need to be a CIA operative to look over Jinger's shoulder and get the password. 

After what Josh did?

Could be enforced the same way they don't have little kids sit on laps. 

The sinner twin probably unlocked Sports Illustrated, or Martha Stewart. 

Edit to ask: Are the Jed/Jer twins howlers or lonely j's?

Edited by sometimesy

They had control over the internet and Josh still was a naughty boy. Doesn't seem like it helped much.

You can't control kids 24 hours a day unless you keep them locked in a cage.  There is a picture on the Internet of Josh and cousin Amy when they were very little kids playing on the Internet in Grandma Mary's real estate office.  Josh viewed the Internet at age 14 while volunteering for Jim Holt's political campaign.