Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Jana actually seems to be the one Duggar who is more content now that the show has been cancelled than she was before. For a while there she looked absolutely miserable and downtrodden, but lately in photos I've seen a hint of life in her eyes. She's looking better, she's dressing better, her smiles seem slightly less forced. I don't think she was ever that comfortable being in the limelight or in front of a camera so maybe she finds daily life a lot less stressful now that she doesn't have to perform all the time. Unlike her fame-hungry parents or her sisters who are clearly freaking the hell out about their slow slide into obscurity.

• Love 9

Jana actually seems to be the one Duggar who is more content now that the show has been cancelled than she was before. For a while there she looked absolutely miserable and downtrodden, but lately in photos I've seen a hint of life in her eyes. She's looking better, she's dressing better, her smiles seem slightly less forced. I don't think she was ever that comfortable being in the limelight or in front of a camera so maybe she finds daily life a lot less stressful now that she doesn't have to perform all the time. Unlike her fame-hungry parents or her sisters who are clearly freaking the hell out about their slow slide into obscurity.

I agree, she looks much happier now. A year or so ago, I'd spent an entire day watching a Duggar marathon! I wondered why Jana looks so sad, so robotic, so incrediby stepford wifey, and rarely spoke. In TH, she only gazed at her sister, who did all the talking. One day, I googled "Why is Jana Duggar sad"? That's how I was led to this forum!!!

• Love 10

I really hope you are right, and it does make sense.

She has been taught since birth the outside world is evil, yet the last eight years has constantly been thrown into situations where she has to interact with that evil world, plus interviews and book signings where she has to be constantly on guard for herself and her siblings.

It would be exhausting, plus I've always seen a solid friendship between her and Anna. Scandal aside, she may be glad to have her good friend back home.

• Love 3

I agree Jana is happy to have Anna back home. Jinger and Jessa had their own two-person clique and I don't think any of the J'slaves cared for Jill, so Jana never really had the opportunity to have a close friendship growing up. I'm happy they have each other, especially living in that insane asylum.

• Love 6

Maybe Jana has more opportunity to do Jana now that bossy tattler Jill is gone, and Jessa the Diva is no longer there to flex. Jinger seems a lot more easygoing. Maybe she'll ally more with Jinger and Joy. I'm glad she looks happier.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 8

Maybe Jana has more opportunity to do Jana now that bossy tattler Jill is gone, and Jessa the Diva is no longer there to flex. Jinger seems a lot more easygoing. Maybe she'll ally more with Jinger and Joy. I'm glad she looks happier.

You're right it must be easier on Jana to be without - 'bossy tattler Jill and Jessa the Diva'.  Free Jana, I hope she can fully escape the Duggar insanity some day. If JB would give her her fair share of the 19 kids and counting money - to do with what she wants she has a chance but JB probably won't give her a penny that he can't personally control. 

• Love 3

I get the feeling that Jana and Jill were close until DerrickDillard came on the scene and since then it has been Joy and Jana.  Jessa and Jinger have always done their TH together and seemed to be the 'outspoken' (haha) ones of the group. 

I thought it was Jill and Joy who were until DD and now it's Jana and Joy. I think Jana and Jill were thrown together, because as the oldest two the bulk of the work fell on them. 

• Love 1

Holy moly! A disillusioned teenager who claims to be living in the ATI world has started a reddit thread where he invites people to ask questions. 

Someone asked about Jana:

[–]angiethestrange 19 points 8 hours ago

Also what is up with Jana Duggar? Is there talk amongst the ATI about why she seems so sad and is still unmarried?

The ATI kid's response:
[–]dantheman3642 29 points 8 hours ago
The talk is that she has a "rebellious spirit" she is kind of one of the "bad" Duggars in that she has asked questions about their beliefs. I think that she is unhappy and does not know what to do because everything she's ever known isn't working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/casualiama/comments/3sm9y1/iama_16_year_old_male_who_is_in_the_duggar/

Edited by Guest

Holy moly! A disillusioned teenager who claims to be living in the ATI world has started a reddit thread where he invites people to ask questions. 

Someone asked about Jana:

[–]angiethestrange 19 points 8 hours ago

Also what is up with Jana Duggar? Is there talk amongst the ATI about why she seems so sad and is still unmarried?

The ATI kid's response:

[–]dantheman3642 29 points 8 hours ago

The talk is that she has a "rebellious spirit" she is kind of one of the "bad" Duggars in that she has asked questions about their beliefs. I think that she is unhappy and does not know what to do because everything she's ever known isn't working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/casualiama/comments/3sm9y1/iama_16_year_old_male_who_is_in_the_duggar/

I just commented on this in the other thread.  It sounds like all the info we have been reading over the years reformulated into the thread.  There is an explanation about Jana but is it real?

• Love 3

I could believe John-David wanted to be an engineer and had his dreams shot down by parents who, probably correctly, thought he didn't have the brain power. Calculus is not easy.

Maybe a combo of the two? Jana wanted her twin to be able to become an engineer and because sad when he couldn't?

Edit: I think the Reddit thing is a fake. Seems like it was written by a female, like the Raising Ruth thing.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 4

Edit: I think the Reddit thing is a fake. Seems like it was written by a female, like the Raising Ruth thing.

Agreed - seems as fake as a three-dollar bill. 

It doesn't help that the screen name being used is "Dan the man" - shades of Josh on Ashley Madison !

• Love 5

http://www.inquisitr.com/2584513/duggar-family-update-on-courtship-rumors-the-truth-about-tabitha-paine-and-duggar-homeschooling/

Jana's go some competition for 'most selfless slave'. No sex for JD either.

“I have been a live-in tutor to the Duggar children for the past year,” Tabitha wrote. “

WTF does Michelle do all day? Hell, they could have unemployed Jessa swing by to teach the kids. No relationship for JD either.

But, I am in no such relationship. I may just be single for the rest of my life.”

lucy-disappointed.gif

• Love 5

I have to ask the same question:  "What the @$*&(! does MeeShell do all day if they now have a full time tutor?"  Dare I ask, do they pay her?  Or is she getting room and tater tot casserole?  Of course it would be easy to homeschool with a live in tutor!

• Love 7

So with Jana, Joy and Jinger all there, they are not able to teach the younger children. (Forget about the adult boys) What about their servants hearts? Now they will miss out on treats and alone time with Michelle for parenting for her. Note to media: Please stop writing like there are 19 school age children in that house. There are 3 married adults and 6 single adults in the family.

• Love 11

So with Jana, Joy and Jinger all there, they are not able to teach the younger children.

Of course, they're also cooking, cleaning, mail handling, helping Grandma with the wash and, probably, running most of the errands as well (except for the ones that require driving within a block of a Starbucks). Because I'm pretty sure Michelle isn't doing any of that stuff, either, since it's apparently been years and years since she did. Plus, they're probably doing some cleanup and tiling and so on at Jim Bob's mighty properties. Cause I'm absolutely certain Michelle isn't doing any of that -- with her missing back muscle and everything. And we've seen photos of the girls doing it. Michelle essentially takes zero responsibility for her family now that they're all over six months old. I assume she's still Jim Bob's "buddy," though.

I'd also love to know which one Michelle dubbed the best math tutor. Or flashcard flipper, which is apparently what she meant by that. ... Since we've seen Jill flipping those flashcards, it seems as if she might have been the mathy one. Yikes.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Also, WTF is she live in? "We won't pay you, you get 1/19th of a casserole every day. Oh, and you probably won't get molested. Probably.". What an awful life.

And the worst thing is that it's kind of the recommended life for young women in the Gothard (and some other groups, such as the remnants of Vision Forum) families. She may actually feel lucky to have it, since if she stayed home she'd be doing what? Cleaning the kitchen cabinets all day? It's really pitiful. And there are an alarming number of these huge families with, now, a bunch of young adults in them, and they mostly seem to go on preaching that this whole awful life is great and what God wants of them. Beyond pitiful.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

nd there are an alarming number of these huge families with, now, a bunch of young adults in them,

She's 30! This might be an acceptable summer gig for a 16 year old. If it think about it too much I get depressed.

• Love 4

I suppose Jana is Jessa's nanny now. Joy is Sierra's. The M and M's are probably dropped off daily. No wonder they want to have children, they are tired of raising them.

Is Joy really helping out over at Sierra's?  If so, I would guess that would be a better gig than watching the howlers or wiping up the counter after Josie, but then I have to assume, it is an unpaid gig.

• Love 3

I get the feeling that Jana and Jill were close until DerrickDillard came on the scene and since then it has been Joy and Jana.  Jessa and Jinger have always done their TH together and seemed to be the 'outspoken' (haha) ones of the group. 

I've often wondered if Boob and/or Me-chelle sat the girls down and warned them off from staying close to a specific sibling after marriage because it could interfere with the sacred bond with a spouse. It seems in keeping with their warped mentality and typical hypocrisy from Me-chelle who has kept her me-time with her own bestie.

• Love 5

I get the feeling that Jana and Jill were close until DerrickDillard came on the scene and since then it has been Joy and Jana.  Jessa and Jinger have always done their TH together and seemed to be the 'outspoken' (haha) ones of the group.

I never thought Jana and Jill were close. Jana always seemed "tomato staked" to Jill or Michelle. Tomato staking is when a kid has to be watched for whatever reason and they are kept close by. Josh was tomato staked to JB and that's were he got access to computers at election headquarters so that really worked out well. Jana seemed tomato staked too as Michelle's personal assistant/nanny and Jill's accountability companion and wedding slave. We never see Jana doing anything for herself except for JTTH or that mission trip with JD and it's questionable if she enjoyed those things.

• Love 7

Holy shit, Tabitha is 30?! Jana better wake the hell up, buy some better clothes and threaten a tell-all if Boob doesn't let her marry. The way she's going, she's on her way to becoming Tabitha 2.0.

I also doubt the Duggars are paying Tabitha. They've been managing to get people to do their shit work for free for nearly twenty years.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

I've often wondered if Boob and/or Me-chelle sat the girls down and warned them off from staying close to a specific sibling after marriage because it could interfere with the sacred bond with a spouse. It seems in keeping with their warped mentality and typical hypocrisy from Me-chelle who has kept her me-time with her own bestie.

Maybe Michelle warns her married daughters to sever the close bonds with the unmarried girls. She may be fearful of "girl talk" that may just reveal a little too much of married life. She wants them to remain naive about all aspects of marriage.

• Love 6

I never thought Jana and Jill were close. Jana always seemed "tomato staked" to Jill or Michelle. Tomato staking is when a kid has to be watched for whatever reason and they are kept close by. Josh was tomato staked to JB and that's were he got access to computers at election headquarters so that really worked out well. Jana seemed tomato staked too as Michelle's personal assistant/nanny and Jill's accountability companion and wedding slave. We never see Jana doing anything for herself except for JTTH or that mission trip with JD and it's questionable if she enjoyed those things.

I think Jill and Jana's best friend status was largely based on their choice being each other, or no one at all. Jana has equally "adequate" friends in Jinger and Joy-Anna. The Jessa-Jinger friendship was probably more of true best friend thing, Jinger probably does miss Jessa. I think Jessa fears something happening between Ben and Jinger, and makes an effort to not spend much time with Jinger, even avoid her. I can't picture Jill worrying about that sort of thing happening with Derick and Jana, she probably doesn't even really think about Jana at all. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5

I wish this thread was always at the top. Discussing all of the exciting and fun things that young single women/men in their twenties should be doing. College, fun trips, vacations with friends, shopping, adventures....

Sadly, it won't happen. It seems their lives don't get to start until they are married.

• Love 2

Why did they use a picture of Iz with no clothes on to add to their mural?

Splurgeons name up there literally looks like a joke or a typo. 

And I realize his name is Spurgeon but everytime I read it, I see splurgeon. WTF is wrong with them

Splurgeons name up there looks like a joke or a typo. 

And I realize his name is Spurgeon but everytime I read it, I see splurgeon. WTF is wrong with them

• Love 2

I'm very curious about what they feel and what goes through their heads when these verses occur to them. Whether some are really inspired by what they're quoting and some are just going through the motions.  .... Why they choose that way to "communicate' with one another, whether they really feel as if they're communicating or whether it's just a way to look like you're communicating while actually keeping yourself shut down. ...

• Love 10

I'm very curious about what they feel and what goes through their heads when these verses occur to them. Whether some are really inspired by what they're quoting and some are just going through the motions.  .... Why they choose that way to "communicate' with one another, whether they really feel as if they're communicating or whether it's just a way to look like you're communicating while actually keeping yourself shut down. ...

They are the most one dimensional people in entertainment.

• Love 6

I do genealogy research and one day found a cousin on-line who told me that she had a diary written by a sibling of one of our ancestors @1818. I was over-the-moon thrilled -- until it arrived. The journal contains nothing, and I mean nothing but Bible verses and reflections on God. This was a man traveling through Illinois when it was frontier, before it had become a state,

I mention this because I think of this diary every time one of these people makes  one of these posts. Do they feel that the only words that bear repeating are the words of the Bible (or, in the case of the Duggars, Wisdom booklets)? Do they literally know nothing else and have no frame of reference for anything except the Bible? Is it simply fear that their readers will not find them sufficiently religious if they deviate from religion for one moment?

Whatever they are thinking is just simply so far outside of my frame of reference that I can't process what they are trying to accomplish.

• Love 12

I do genealogy research and one day found a cousin on-line who told me that she had a diary written by a sibling of one of our ancestors @1818. I was over-the-moon thrilled -- until it arrived. The journal contains nothing, and I mean nothing but Bible verses and reflections on God. This was a man traveling through Illinois when it was frontier, before it had become a state,

I mention this because I think of this diary every time one of these people makes  one of these posts. Do they feel that the only words that bear repeating are the words of the Bible (or, in the case of the Duggars, Wisdom booklets)? Do they literally know nothing else and have no frame of reference for anything except the Bible? Is it simply fear that their readers will not find them sufficiently religious if they deviate from religion for one moment?

Whatever they are thinking is just simply so far outside of my frame of reference that I can't process what they are trying to accomplish.

This is so true, and evident from our many posts trying to figure this family out.

IMHO, their way of living would only appeal to like minded folks and folks down on their luck.  Anyone who is remotely happy can see that their lives are not. They try and present themselves as a tight and happy family, yet come off as disconnected, not only from each other, but from themselves as well. 

This will reflect the heathen that I am, but the only frame of reference I have when they spout bible verses is, that in my family, we often break out in song when responding to each other. But then again, that usually is met with laughter and happiness.

• Love 5

Boy, that really says it. ... And I suppose some mysteries are just black boxes with nothing inside.

The "diary" of one of my grandfathers consisted of nothing but a recording of the high and low temperatures of the day. .... Not sure what that was about either!

• Love 5

The Duggar kids are often shown on social media spouting out bible verses. I think verse memorization was highly stressed at the SOTDRT.

I've known deeply devout Christians, and never do they go around saying bible verses!

I really doubt they talk that way at home around each other! It's all for show! It reminds us of just how Godly and conservative a family they are.

Maybe a verse written on a Christmas card is the most I've seen in real life.

• Love 4

I mention this because I think of this diary every time one of these people makes one of these posts. Do they feel that the only words that bear repeating are the words of the Bible (or, in the case of the Duggars, Wisdom booklets)? Do they literally know nothing else and have no frame of reference for anything except the Bible? Is it simply fear that their readers will not find them sufficiently religious if they deviate from religion for one moment?

Hmmmm. I always assumed they were trying to out-holy everyone. But you have me wondering. I seem to think that superChristians like the Duggars prohibit the reading of novels because fiction is a "lie" since it isn't the Bible. So maybe independent and original thoughts are "lies," too. And/or how could anything a lowly sinner thinks of be worth sharing? Why reinvent the wheel when you have the literal word of God (as they believe) at the ready? Why think?

Honestly, I think it is a terrible affront to our creator NOT to use the brains and talents we have.

• Love 12

I wish this thread was always at the top. Discussing all of the exciting and fun things that young single women/men in their twenties should be doing. College, fun trips, vacations with friends, shopping, adventures....

Sadly, it won't happen. It seems their lives don't get to start until they are married.

Forget about them having a life after marriage. Once married, their sole purpose in life is to be submissive to their husbands & have children.

• Love 3

Hmmmm. I always assumed they were trying to out-holy everyone. But you have me wondering. I seem to think that superChristians like the Duggars prohibit the reading of novels because fiction is a "lie" since it isn't the Bible. So maybe independent and original thoughts are "lies," too. And/or how could anything a lowly sinner thinks of be worth sharing? Why reinvent the wheel when you have the literal word of God (as they believe) at the ready? Why think?

Honestly, I think it is a terrible affront to our creator NOT to use the brains and talents we have.

I seem to remember from my college days and the superChristian group down the dorm hall, that there is a whole sub-genre of "Bible-adjacent" fiction that is deemed appropriate to read, everything from YA dystopian to romance novels (smutless and usually about a young couple not knowing each other really well before marriage, struggling at first, finding their love in the Lord, etc. etc. etc.)

• Love 4