Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I sit here wondering if when Jinger stayed with Boob Jr. and Anna she figured out that Boob Jr. was stepping out on Anna? She might have seen things but never said a word keeping it all inside. Now she was biting her tongue because she knew something was up but in their culture she wasn't allowed to diss her brother!?

I'll bet if anyone had any suspicions, it would be John David, Joe (Duggar), and maybe Josiah.  Those three spent a little bit more time at the car lot and had access to his computer. 

It seems to me that aside from the Josh not really having a whole lot in common with his younger brothers, maybe Josh's past had Jimbo hesitant to have the boys around Josh too much, lest they pick up some "tips."  I really don't think the girls would know a lot about his nefarious activities, but I bet the boys had clues.  

I wonder if Josh had ever had interest in a Bates girl and Gil and Kelley squashed it? 

• Love 3

Aww. No offense meant.  My brain just automatically shot to a dark place when I thought of the Duggars having fan fiction is all. Not what has been typed here. Josiah has been one of my favorite Duggar kids. 

• Love 2

Every party has a party pooper too, that’s why we invited you, party pooper…

OK, without throwing shade at fanfiction as a genre (I mean, Shakespeare did it, right?), I'm too frightened by the possibility of there being Duggar RPF to search to reassure myself that it isn't a thing.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

OK, without throwing shade at fanfiction as a genre (I mean, Shakespeare did it, right?), I'm too frightened by the possibility of there being Duggar RPF to search to reassure myself that it isn't a thing.

Julia, there is fanfiction about EVERYTHING.  But I'm not looking either.  *shudder*

*clings to own fandoms*

Sorry, Julia...

https://www.wattpad.com/story/26112955-broken-a-duggar-fanfiction

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11026713/1/Dean-Winchester-Courts-Jinger-Duggar

There's lots more, but I'm sure this is quite enough to make anyone throw up in their mouth a little bit.

Of course there's Supernatural crossover RPF Duggarfic. Of course there is. I don't know why I didn't call that one.

Julia, there is fanfiction about EVERYTHING. But I'm not looking either. *shudder*

*clings to own fandoms*

Just, I know it's wrong, but I want to judge so bad... Edited by Julia
  • Love 1
Of course there's Supernatural crossover RPF Duggarfic. Of course there is. I don't know why I didn't call that one.

At least there are no tentacles involved (unless there are... I didn't have the guts to actually read the thing).

I already posted something like this this in regard to Anna, but maybe it can work for Jinger too.

Maybe all of us that care about Jinger can get our resources together and do a mass airdrop of informational letters for her....about ALL the people willing to help her......ALL over the Duggar compound! THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF THEM...She's bound to see ONE of them, right?" This was after I thought about how they finally got Harry's invite to Hogwarts to him via magical owls (anyone here own a magical owl?)

Or, you know, we could just send in the magic owls. :-)

• Love 2

Brought this over from the Dillards' thread, where Margaritas were being drunk:

Meanwhile, back in Arkansas, the breakup of Josiah's and Marjorie's courtship turns out to have been a sham. Josiah packs a bag, jumps out a second story window at the TTH and onto the back of a Vespa piloted by Marjorie. They speed the 10 miles to her house where her parents pop them into the car and hustle them to the airport. They fly to a lovely college town in the Midwest where the Jacksons have helped them both to enroll as freshmen in a school affiliated with a moderate Protestant denomination. That evening, the formerly courting couple enjoy their first real date -- dinner and the late showing of a tasteful, R-rated art film.

Later that night, Tim Tebow's mother drives a van quietly up the road near the Duggar place. Across the dark lawn creep seven figures, five small ones and two taller ones, each carrying a small suitcase. While Mrs. Tebow's son, Tim, isn't interested in dating Jana or Jinger, and even though the Tebows have a conservative Christian faith that seems like the Duggars', when Mrs. Tebow met the family last year she was horrified at the prisonlike conditions the Duggar children have lived in and vowed to do something to help at least some of the kids. Reaching out to her wide acquaintance, she finally located a wealthy New York City couple with two children who've been looking to hire two excellent, principled young women to job-share the nanny position for their brood. After Mrs. Tebow's vivid description of the horror that is the TTH -- and Jana's and Jinger's excellent qualifications for the job-- the extremely wealthy couple offered to open their home not only to Jana and Jinger but to their "children" --  Hannie, Jackson, Jenny, Jordyn and Josie Duggar -- as well.

Someone else will have to figure out how to get JD, Joe and the Howlers out of there.

Josiah and Marjorie are able to help Joy Anna enroll in a community college close to their university.  It's at times a difficult rooming situation, but let's face it, it's way less crowded than the one they're leaving.  About a year later, Josiah has finally been able to articulate what he's known for a long time.  He and his new boyfriend are still close with Marjorie and her new boyfriend, and everyone's accepting of everyone else and there are platonic, co-ed front-hugs all around because that's completely not a big deal in normal, functional social circles.

The lost girls and Jackson are well-liked in their public elementary, middle, and eventually high schools and many years from now each of them graduates from a reasonably-priced state college.  Jana and Jinger also enroll in community college; there's a strong learning curve, especially with their two other jobs, but in an encouraging learning environment they flourish, and eventually Jana transfers to a four-year college to study paleontology and Jinger studies engineering with a minor in photography, because it's good to be well-rounded.  (I guess the wealthy philanthropic couple really stepped up, they probably got tax breaks or something, sure, that makes sense, right?) 

Oh and they both have IUDs.  Joy Anna too.

Man, this is really fun.  And sad.  Fun and sad.  (I don't mean to speculate one way or the other about Josiah's sexuality; more that I hope if one of them is gay, it happens like that.)

To bring it back around to the topic at hand, I would *totally* watch this show.

• Love 4

Man, this is really fun.  And sad.  Fun and sad.  (I don't mean to speculate one way or the other about Josiah's sexuality; more that I hope if one of them is gay, it happens like that.)

To bring it back around to the topic at hand, I would *totally* watch this show.

Love it.

I'd watch this show too. And I didn't watch the other one.

• Love 1

I dunno, there's people who would literally sleep with anyone, eg 45+ sun damaged barfly skanks, half of the grandmas on "Teen Mom", June Shannon.

Maybe Josh hooked up with "Forklift Foot" June and then never called her again,and that's the *real* reason she publicly attacked the network for failing to cancel the show immediately after the first scandal.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 3

I'm mostly thinking of the J guys and J girls and wonder if they are all freaking out.  Boob and Chelle have been pretty slack and out of touch with all their kids in the past years.  Two of the caretakers have moved out of the house.   Seriously, do you see Boob and Chelle monitoring all those iPhones?  Jana and Jinger are probably like- whatever.  

I'm hoping the kids that have been exploring online are not freaking out and thinking that they will be burned as Josh is being BURNED AT THE STAKE (rightfully) for exploring the NORMAL things that people in their late teens and twenties explore. 

• Love 4

I'm mostly thinking of the J guys and J girls and wonder if they are all freaking out.  Boob and Chelle have been pretty slack and out of touch with all their kids in the past years.  Two of the caretakers have moved out of the house.   Seriously, do you see Boob and Chelle monitoring all those iPhones?  Jana and Jinger are probably like- whatever.  

I'm hoping the kids that have been exploring online are not freaking out and thinking that they will be burned as Josh is being BURNED AT THE STAKE (rightfully) for exploring the NORMAL things that people in their late teens and twenties explore. 

Jinger might let stuff slide, but I think Jana is deep into this cult. If Jinger has access to the internet alone, I hope she is applying for nanny jobs and just walks out the front door.. destination New York, NY.

• Love 3

At this point I imagine Josiah and the twin boys would be happy to leave as well.  They'd need a week on a dude ranch before they hit the big city to get manned up a bit first.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 2

It really appears that when a Duggar 19 can 'read' and do basic math, their schooling ends. But because they have so little exposure to the real world I doubt they have a clue. I wonder who in the family is known as the smart one, and what the family would base that opinion on.

• Love 2

I have a question. Hope this is the right thread for it! Being as I work full time and also was on a vacation, I have been scrambling to keep up and failing miserably.

Did Marge in Charge dump Josiah following the first scandal?

Just the Coles notes will be great, as there is no way I could wade into all the threads to try and find it myself!

I have a question. Hope this is the right thread for it! Being as I work full time and also was on a vacation, I have been scrambling to keep up and failing miserably.

Just the Coles notes will be great, as there is no way I could wade into all the threads to try and find it myself!

That's not quite how they phrased it, but essentially -- yes

• Love 1

The end of the courtship was not announced until after the show was formally cancelled.  There is some speculation that that was the straw that broke the camel's back, while others think that Marjorie's family agreed to postpone the announcement until things died down after the scandal broke.

Marjorie just might be the type to spill the details in the future.

• Love 1

The Duggars have been fuzzy on the deets. If I'm not mistaken the claim was that they broke up prior to the cancellation but it wasn't announced until after TLC gave them the axe.

It's hysterical that they're calling Joshiah 'creative'.  Have you all seen the Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp scene where Bradley Cooper and Michael Ian Black's (closeted) gay characters use 'creative' as code for gay?

ben-bradley-cooper-whas-fdoc.gif?w=245&hmckinley-michael-ian-black-whas-fdoc.gif

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 10

It's hysterical that they're calling Joshiah 'creative'.  Have you all seen the Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp scene where Bradley Cooper and Michael Ian Black's (closeted) gay characters use 'creative' as code for gay?

Poor kid. The pic of him as a baby is with his sistermom. I wonder if they searched for one with Michelle. They should just call the kids, Dopey, Grumpy, Sneezy, Precious, Special.. seems like they just pull random attributes out of a hat for each bday. This one might be close though, he could be 'creative'.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4

RE the picture of Josiah.  Ok , note to self, polka dots just draw attention to the acne.  Yikes! It's like he was trying to go for camouflage and ending up highlighting what he was trying to hide.  Poor guy.  I wonder if they did anything besides recognize him on social media.

• Love 2

Jana isn't even 7 in that photo. And is she wearing Victorian style bloomers?

Surely Scott Enlowe could have retouched the polka dot shirt photo. Maybe it is retouched.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

RE the picture of Josiah.  Ok , note to self, polka dots just draw attention to the acne.  Yikes! It's like he was trying to go for camouflage and ending up highlighting what he was trying to hide.  Poor guy.  I wonder if they did anything besides recognize him on social media.

Jeez, wasn't it enough that his SisterDaughterMom fed him ? At...you know - some point ? 

Jana isn't even 7 in that photo. And is she wearing Victorian style bloomers?

Surely Scott Enlowe could have retouched the polka dot shirt photo. Maybe it is retouched.

So it's Jana ? Thank you ! Couldn't tell if it was Jana or Jill at that age...

But - yeah - BLOOMERS ! Holy Fundy House on the Prairie ! But when I think about it, it makes perfect sense. I would have been wearing a flak jacket and steel undies in THAT house, knowing what I know now. 

I'm so, so, so NOT making fun of Josiah and his skin problems, but Ma and Pa had better get him to the dermatologist, and STAT. That looks like a fully blooming case of cystic acne about to go completely ape-shit nuts, and that's not a "wash your face more, use ProActiv" kind of thing. It need to be treated as the medical condition that it is or he's going to be scarred for life

I'm hoping they're not trying to pray the pimples away. Jesu Christo...

• Love 6

Do you think JB would pay for Proactiv or Acutane? No way. They probably tell Josiah that the acne is his impure thoughts coming to surface or something.

If Josiah could somehow convinced JimChelle that roaccutane is like orthodontia for the skin, there's a chance.
  • Love 3

You shouldn't have sex while on accutane. It can cause severe birth defects. A medical leash to keep Josiah from straying is all it'll take to get Jim Bob to pay.

Which is most likely the reason none of the Duggar 19 have used it. BC for any reason is probably a no-no.

Which is most likely the reason none of the Duggar 19 have used it. BC for any reason is probably a no-no.

Josiah wouldn't need to take any, or use any. He's unmarried, and will likely stay that way for awhile longer. Enforced virginity of his sons probably sounds pretty darn good to Jim Bob right about now.

• Love 3

34rc2zc.jpg

Ignore the fact that the girl in the middle is wearing the world's largest lanyard, look at what Jana and Jinger are wearing! I'm impressed. Jana's Mickey Mouse buttons are a tad weird, but it's NOT DENIM!

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 7

34rc2zc.jpg

Ignore the fact that the girl in the middle is wearing the world's largest lanyard, look at what Jana and Jinger are wearing! I'm impressed. Jana's Mickey Mouse buttons are a tad weird, but it's NOT DENIM!

They look great! Maybe Jessa cleaned out the communal clothes closet when she left, freeing the older girls to pick up some better clothes. They fit well, are stylish and ironed. Hallelujah!

• Love 6

They look like they've been picking up styling lessons from the Bates girls.  Jana's got a modified "Erin" hairstyle.  They're wearing heels rather than flip flops.  Jana, in particular, has the peep toe wedge that the Bates girls like to wear.  They look better than they did before, so maybe we'll be hearing about 2 more courtships by this time next year.

• Love 4

They were paid speakers at that mother/daughter conference (with Mechelle) the week that Joshgate II hit. I'm glad they're dressed like young women and not frumpy girls. However, Jinger is still hiding. Compare her wrists and ankles to Jana's, who is in no way large-boned. Girl is TINY! Not an ounce of meat on those bones. 

• Love 8

You shouldn't have sex while on accutane. It can cause severe birth defects. A medical leash to keep Josiah from straying is all it'll take to get Jim Bob to pay.

I think they can relax about Josiah getting anyone pregnant.
  • Love 2

It's hysterical that they're calling Josiah 'creative'.  Have you all seen the Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp scene where Bradley Cooper and Michael Ian Black's (closeted) gay characters use 'creative' as code for gay?

ben-bradley-cooper-whas-fdoc.gif?w=245&hmckinley-michael-ian-black-whas-fdoc.gif

Can I just say, the Ben/McKinley dynamic was my favorite part of the whole new series.  And I'm not even that big a fan of Bradley Cooper.

The sad part is, do you think if they DID use it, they would even be made fully aware of the possible side effects?  Or JB would just be "oh well they're not having sex anyway so we don't need to even mention to them that birth defects would be possible if they were having sex, because they're definitely not."  I'd like to think that they're legal frigging adults who can make their own medical and life decisions and that the doctors they'd see would ethically put their foot down and insist on having private doctor-patient conversations with these grown-adult children, but... well, you know..

• Love 5