Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)

Does anyone know what song J&S danced too?

I can still remember Jana stopping a J-boy from bopping to a musical toy in a thrift shop.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I can still remember Jana stopping a J-boy from bopping to a musical to in a thrift shop.

Yep! I saw someone mention that incident the other day and blame JB or MEchelle for doing that, but IIRC it was Jana who stopped the poor kid from dancing and being joyous 😢

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Yep! I saw someone mention that incident the other day and blame JB or MEchelle for doing that, but IIRC it was Jana who stopped the poor kid from dancing and being joyous 😢

Didn't Jana say he was jumping for joy? And why was this DISCOURAGED??? Gothard was such a mind fuck. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
29 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Oh, I just remember she paid a fine, so I assume she was found guilty/responsible by some authority.

I vaguely remember this story.  I do remember wondering why charges were ever laid!  I lost my son for 25 horrifying minutes at a county fair once and no one called the police - they just helped me look for him.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Dimity said:

I vaguely remember this story.  I do remember wondering why charges were ever laid!  I lost my son for 25 horrifying minutes at a county fair once and no one called the police - they just helped me look for him.

I believe someone was driving and saw the child alone and called.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, Dimity said:

As I remember (I may be wrong) someone found the toddler/young child walking alone down the road away from the house and called the police.  I don't think anyone at the house was aware the child was missing.  Wasn't there another incident with a child not secured in the car?

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

We are in a different stage of life.

Wow, she's really breaking away.   True fundies have seasons of life.  

• LOL 10

I posted this on March 8 in the Joy thread (bolding mine):

Joy's latest video is a Q & A with six of the sisters.  One question was: What are you into or what are your passions.

Jana said she's dabbled in a lot of things, but now she'd like to learn and do more regarding medical stuff.  Maybe she sees Abbie enjoying the nursing profession and wonders what might have been.

I had forgotten about this answer and was reminded of it by someone's post on Reddit.  I never dreamed that this answer would mean Jana was actually in college.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

As I remember (I may be wrong) someone found the toddler/young child walking alone down the road away from the house and called the police.  I don't think anyone at the house was aware the child was missing.  Wasn't there another incident with a child not secured in the car?

I think there was an incident with Nurie and Nathan Keller and their baby wasn't in a proper seat and they had some sort of accident.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Well fitting tuxes with appropriate footwear. How very un-Duggar. 

That was my first thought when I saw the group shot of the guys. Well fitted tuxes and no oddly colored and/or ill fitting suits. Jana got the classy formal event of her dreams. I hope she didn't skimp on anything she wanted. After nearly 30 years of unpaid labor for her parents, she has more than earned it. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

That's what I remember, the kid had traveled a significant distance from the property and was wandering alone on the road.  I think it was reported that Jana had fallen asleep while watching a bunch of kids.

i agree, she took the fall for Anna or her mother. Possibly one of the younger Duggar girls, she's already sacrificed so much for them.  I think she'd cover for them if needed.

I think the charge was the sort where you can just go to the courthouse and pay the fine if you don't want to go to court, like a traffic ticket, and Jana paid up, which is the same as admitting guilt, and that was the end of it.

12 minutes ago, Lilac2000 said:

I think there was an incident with Nurie and Nathan Keller and their baby wasn't in a proper seat and they had some sort of accident.

Yes, they were in a fender bender and didn't even have a car seat in the car, Nurie was holding the baby on her lap.

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I think the charge was the sort where you can just go to the courthouse and pay the fine if you don't want to go to court, like a traffic ticket, and Jana paid up, which is the same as admitting guilt, and that was the end of it.

I thought Jana got some sort of supervision type discharge: if she didn’t have any more issues for a year, the charge would be dismissed.   Kind of like when you pay extra for court supervision on a traffic ticket if you don’t get them very often.  Those don’t go to the state database and  your auto insurance doesn’t find out about them 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, Quof said:

Wow, she's really breaking away.   True fundies have seasons of life.  

She did include the ubiquitous “walking through,” though! 😆

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

I remember the Nurie accident, but I thought there was another incident with Jana.

49 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I remember the Nurie accident, but I thought there was another incident with Jana.

There was.  At the top of this topic, there's a mod note from Scarlett regarding her charges and how they could be discussed.  It's dated 12/11/21, so if there was any type of a probationary period, it's long gone.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I can still remember Jana stopping a J-boy from bopping to a musical toy in a thrift shop.

Can’t help falling in love – Elvis Presley. How or where either of them found that as a song - we will never know. But the groom seems to be into dipping. The wedding dance dip wasn’t the first one he did with Jana. Dip away, kids!

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Dancing, posing around a pool table, jumping for joy, my goodness how the Duggars have strayed.   Looks like Jana was texting him unsupervised too.   My goodness.

Amazing what happens when you know you can't get paid to be the super fundie family anymore so you just live your life how you want.   Now let everyone else do the same (as long as you aren't hurting anyone).

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
10 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Can’t help falling in love – Elvis Presley. How or where either of them found that as a song - we will never know. But the groom seems to be into dipping. The wedding dance dip wasn’t the first one he did with Jana. Dip away, kids!

Amy walked down the aisle at her wedding to this song.  If the Duggars were listening, they heard it then.  (And I don't know why I remember this except that I had a niece who used it as her bride entrance too, right around the time Amy did.) 

I also thought it was said through the court that Jana could not live in the home with Anna's kids because of the "lost child" incident.  I guess I thought she did go in front of a judge or something.   I also believe that Jana took the fall for someone else.  

• Useful 5

Jana plead guilty to avoid a trial.  She had to pay a fine and take a class.

There was a lot of speculation of what it all meant but the only things that matter is what was spelled out in the plea agreement.  I don't believe not being around Anna's kids was in the agreement.  It would be very unusual for something like this to have that kind of provision.

• Like 11

It would take a lot more to restrict an adult from children than losing a kid for 10 minutes or so. Even Josh could be around his kids with Anna supervising and around other kids with supervision and permission from the court.

• Like 10
On 8/16/2024 at 11:10 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I thought sure John David would be a groomsman.  

Clearly, the groom picked the groomsmen, and the bride picked the bridesmaids.  My husband and I did the same at our wedding.  It would have been nice if John David and Hannah were part of the wedding party.  Can't help but wonder why Jordyn was chosen instead of Jennifer.  

• Like 3

Jordyn seems a more cheerful and involved person.  She probably helps Jana with the projects and they're close.  Jennifer seems more standoffish and moody to me.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Clearly, the groom picked the groomsmen, and the bride picked the bridesmaids.  My husband and I did the same at our wedding.  It would have been nice if John David and Hannah were part of the wedding party.  Can't help but wonder why Jordyn was chosen instead of Jennifer.  

Could it have been because Jana might have been Jordyn's sister mom?  I believe that Jill was Jenny's.  

• Like 4

Of course Jennifer is moody! She lost her mother when Jill married Derick.  
I think Jana is the loveliest Duggar bride. I loved the dress and the venue. Her hair looks healthy, she looks happy, and Stephen looked handsome in his tux.  The only thing that messed it up was Jim Bob’s horrible shoes. Jana has always been my favorite. I hope she’s happy.

• Like 18
On 8/16/2024 at 11:59 PM, Gemma Violet said:

People magazine has yet a third version of the article, this time rewritten to include another new tidbit:

Proposed thread title: "Let's just move on." From the bride's mouth.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I feel bad for Jill. Obviously she wasn't asked to be part of the wedding party because of the book. The book that I always will believe Derick insisted they write so he could redeem himself in spite of all the family chaos it cost.

Of course Jill's giggle when talking about Jana and "Gothard's Girls" didn't help. But again, I think she was following Derick's lead and jumped right up on his new pedestal with him.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Obviously she wasn't asked to be part of the wedding party because of the book.

Not obvious to me. 

She was pregnant, expecting in August, so perhaps she didn't want to wear a bridesmaid dress in summer heat while ready to deliver. She's also rumored to be pregnant now, and keeping it under wraps, so she may have declined so she could avoid being in photos.   

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
32 minutes ago, Quof said:

She was pregnant, expecting in August, so perhaps she didn't want to wear a bridesmaid dress in summer heat while ready to deliver.

I think she had the miscarriage around March and Jana became engaged and started planning the wedding in June.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
34 minutes ago, Quof said:

Not obvious to me. 

She was pregnant, expecting in August, so perhaps she didn't want to wear a bridesmaid dress in summer heat while ready to deliver. She's also rumored to be pregnant now, and keeping it under wraps, so she may have declined so she could avoid being in photos.   

I pretty sure she was "big pregnant" in both Joy and Jessa's weddings.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Is it possible that Jill wanted to stay out of the limelight because of the book?  I don't know if fundies do receiving lines, but even one fifth of the guests asking about Jill's tell-all would be a lot. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Jana may also have objected to something that was said about her in the book and not be on great terms with Jill personally because of it. Jill mentions something along the line of Jana being one of Gothard's particular favorites. I just reread the passage on Amazon, and it is not disparaging toward Jana but within the context of how unaware the family was about the safety and wisdom of that. But I could see Jana not appreciating the inevitable speculation that line produced and/or not appreciating a Gothard connection reiterated now that he's been pushed out of the organization and the remaining family seems intent on rebranding themselves publicly as more distanced from him than they were.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not ready to pop though. She just carries very large.

She had Sam about 6 weeks after Joy's wedding. So not popping, but close.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She had Sam about 6 weeks after Joy's wedding. So not popping, but close.

Didn't realize he came that close to Jinger's wedding. I just remember her big pregnant. 

Izzy came months later, but Jill LOOKED 7 months pregnant at Jessa's wedding.

• Like 3

Meh being part of the wedding party is overrated. It's actually a lot of stress. Some brides can be extremely entitled and demanding. Jill and Derick were at the wedding, maybe they even kicked back and had a glass of champagne. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

Meh being part of the wedding party is overrated. It's actually a lot of stress. Some brides can be extremely entitled and demanding. Jill and Derick were at the wedding, maybe they even kicked back and had a glass of champagne. 

I hope so!

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

Do we know if alcohol was served?  If so, Jana has really gone to the other side.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
49 minutes ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

Jill and Derick were at the wedding, maybe they even kicked back and had a glass of champagne. 

Where would they get it?  I doubt there was any on offer at the reception.  Perhaps they had one after they got home.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

Do we know if alcohol was served?  If so, Jana has really gone to the other side.

I very much doubt they had alcohol. Probably some NA punch. 

• Like 6