Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. The wording on their website seems to assign the reason for mask wearing to the town of Waco. It also says expected and not required. I have to say, I'm not at all surprised about the wording.

Per a City of Waco order, all guests are expected to wear a mask or alternate face covering when visiting any of Magnolia’s businesses.

That doesn't surprise me.  Businesses around me have their own signs worded similar to that.  I think many of them are afraid of alienating anti-maskers and carefully construct policies like this to shift the blame onto someone else.  They may also want to curb any of the virulent anti-maskers from causing a scene at their establishment where law enforcement needs to be called and onlookers scramble to record the encounter.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That doesn't surprise me.  Businesses around me have their own signs worded similar to that.  I think many of them are afraid of alienating anti-maskers and carefully construct policies like this to shift the blame onto someone else.  They may also want to curb any of the virulent anti-maskers from causing a scene at their establishment where law enforcement needs to be called and onlookers scramble to record the encounter.  

Agree. And I'd say the opposite is true too. I've also seen many signs where shop owners state very clearly that non-mask wearers will not be allowed in their stores. For many keeping themselves, their employees and their livelihoods safe, is first and foremost, so they're not shy about saying so and doing so. Losing a future patron is okay with them. And while its true there are a few crazies out there, most read the signs and act accordingly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 10/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, GeeGolly said:

Not for lack of trying. Two different times (maybe one a homemade video, the other an episode) Jana was showing her handy work and she used Joanna G speak, more than a few times. Almost like she was auditioning.

Did she mention shiplap?

• LOL 21
19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yea there's a lot of crazy around the Gaines but that's fairly normal language. Even my local supermarket and Target list it as "Per NJ ordinance XYZ-123, you must wear a face covering to enter this business" or something similar. 

And they very well might be winkingly saying it and not enforcing it, but the phrasing isn't a huge red flag. 

Edited by questionfear
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Yea there's a lot of crazy around the Gaines but that's fairly normal language. Even my local supermarket and Target list it as "Per NJ ordinance XYZ-123, you must wear a face covering to enter this business" or something similar. 

And they very well might be winkingly saying it and not enforcing it, but the phrasing isn't a huge red flag. 

Even in my medical office, where there are signs on the door of the building stating that it is our business' policy that everyone wear a mask and answer a couple of questions about symptoms before being allowed into the waiting area; we are still getting the occasional yahoo who isn't wearing a mask and who, when given one by the staff. puts it on long enough to get into the exam room and then discards it.  I work with a bunch of middle aged women, for the most part.  None of us is comfortable confronting someone who is younger, stronger and has a hostile attitude.  Meanwhile, my employer tells us we should see these people, masks or no; that we can confront them if we want and refuse to see them; but it is on us to handle whatever happens next.  It has only happened a couple of times, but I've gone ahead and seen them and rushed them out the door rather than risk causing a scene.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Even in my medical office, where there are signs on the door of the building stating that it is our business' policy that everyone wear a mask and answer a couple of questions about symptoms before being allowed into the waiting area; we are still getting the occasional yahoo who isn't wearing a mask and who, when given one by the staff. puts it on long enough to get into the exam room and then discards it.  I work with a bunch of middle aged women, for the most part.  None of us is comfortable confronting someone who is younger, stronger and has a hostile attitude.  Meanwhile, my employer tells us we should see these people, masks or no; that we can confront them if we want and refuse to see them; but it is on us to handle whatever happens next.  It has only happened a couple of times, but I've gone ahead and seen them and rushed them out the door rather than risk causing a scene.

This is the position we are in at the library where I work. We're an all-female staff. Most of us are short introverted nerds. I can be a lot more assertive and confrontational than most of my coworkers, but I'm not going to pick a fight with some hulking potentially drugged-up dude who has 1 foot and 100 pounds on me.

Fortunately, people have been better about the mask mandate than I expected them to be in rural Arkansas (even most of the hulking druggies have been meekly compliant about the masks), but the handful of people we have had balk have tended to be men who are much taller than us, are physically intimidating, and very vocal in their refusal. They'd be a real handful if they got aggressive with us, and even having a panic button installed isn't particularly very reassuring. It's easier to just get them out rather than be confrontational with them. None of us like it, but there it is. 

So, it's really hard for me to judge the Gaines's attitude toward masks without more information. They may have no interest in enforcing the mask mandate and are just playing CYA. They may be taking it more seriously and are at the mercy of the occasional obstinate asshole. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes. And a lot of the onus is shifted onto businesses to enforce as by the time the police come, the customer is long gone. 

I don't know much about the Gaines but I'm surprised if they're such big names that they haven't come out with their own mask line and diy physical distancing set ups. 

If they do, we all know Jana will own every single piece. 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Yes. And a lot of the onus is shifted onto businesses to enforce as by the time the police come, the customer is long gone. 

I don't know much about the Gaines but I'm surprised if they're such big names that they haven't come out with their own mask line and diy physical distancing set ups. 

If they do, we all know Jana will own every single piece. 

this made me laugh - I pictured plexiglass around Jana's bed and writing table in the girl's dorm........  but seriously, Jana has her real physical distance set up already in place. the little shed, the garden etc. she is most always shown out there by herself, except of course for whoever takes the instagram worthy pics

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I imagine they know about the Duggars and want absolutely nothing to do with them.

The Gaines don't have a TV either. There's a possibility they've never heard of them too.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The Gaines don't have a TV either. There's a possibility they've never heard of them too.

Nah, Joana is too shrewd to be that unaware.  She (and Chip) pay too much money in PR for someone in their organization not to know what kinds of people are visiting the Silos and posting on social media.   They know the Duggars like to visit and if they saw value in meeting with Jana they would.   

• Love 16

Where I live in Northern Virginia most everyone wears masks indoors.  The only non-mask wearers I have ever seen are teenage boys who think they are too cool to do that.  And while in the early days only one family member was supposed to do the shopping these days I see groups of teenagers in the grocery stores.  The girls wear masks but the guys mostly don't.

I think Jana would comply with a Gaines mask mandate.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Nah, Joana is too shrewd to be that unaware.  She (and Chip) pay too much money in PR for someone in their organization not to know what kinds of people are visiting the Silos and posting on social media.   They know the Duggars like to visit and if they saw value in meeting with Jana they would.   

I suppose you're right. But in that sense, they don't really know who the Duggars are. Maybe they checked them out due to the number of followers the Duggars have on SM and their religious bios.

However I think because we discuss this family everyday, we tend to think they're more famous than they are. In Small Talk there were discussions about other reality shows and soap operas. Some of the soaps have been on for decades and some of the reality shows for a few years, but not everyone watches, so they're not on everyone's radar. Most of the folks in my wheelhouse have no clue who the Duggars are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I suppose you're right. But in that sense, they don't really know who the Duggars are. Maybe they checked them out due to the number of followers the Duggars have on SM and their religious bios.

However I think because we discuss this family everyday, we tend to think they're more famous than they are. In Small Talk there were discussions about other reality shows and soap operas. Some of the soaps have been on for decades and some of the reality shows for a few years, but not everyone watches, so they're not on everyone's radar. Most of the folks in my wheelhouse have no clue who the Duggars are.

The people I know IRL have an idea of the Duggars but only because "that's the large family where the brother assaulted his sisters."

Thank you grocery tabloids!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Also the Gaines have been verrrry careful to seem generically wholesome. They already have a strong overlap with the Duggar fanbase. They don't gain new fans by hanging with Jana Duggar. 

On the other hand, $5 says if Jazz walked into the Silos, or a Real Housewife, or someone whose audience does not overlap as much but could if they were exposed to it...they'd be all over that because it would expand their audience. 

Hanging with Duggars maintains or even constricts their audience-there's zero benefit from a PR standpoint. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Aren;t the Gaines either taking over or starting a new network?  I always wondered if JB sent Jana in to try and snag a contract with their station and get away from TLC...

It's possible, but if he's banking on that, I think he's delusional. I don't think any other network is going to stick with the Duggars like TLC has. I am not sure TLC would ever dump them, but I doubt another channel looks at the Duggars and thinks, "Gosh, I'm missing out on a real cash cow not having those people on my network!" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

Most of the networks on television are owned by a bigger corporation/network. and most of the networks belong to same corporations/networks. NBC owns Bravo, MSNBC, USA, SYFY, etc. . Discovery owns TLC, HGTV, and DIY. DIY is going to rebranded the Gaines network, but it hasn't happened yet and it will still be owned by Discovery. So technically if Jana/the Duggars got a fix-it show on DIY, TLC probably wouldn't consider this disloyalty since they're owned by the same company.

Joanna Gaines seems like to the type to watch the Duggars show back in the day. And maybe she doesn't follow them now, but they definitely have people to look into the Duggars for them. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can definitely see Boob dangling Jana in front of the Gaineses, but they're too savvy to take the bait. The Duggars come with way too much baggage and bring nothing to the table. 

Also *and I know this sounds bitchy,* but Jana is just sort of....sad. A 30 year-old virgin living at home and sharing a bedroom with kids isn't really aspirational. Liberal women don't want to be Jana and neither do Conservative Christians. There's no marketability in any demographic.

I agree.  The Gaines have not really partnered with anyone long term and they do need to create enough programming for a network.  I can totally see JB trying to market Jana to them in an attempt to create a new show.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can definitely see Boob dangling Jana in front of the Gaineses, but they're too savvy to take the bait. The Duggars come with way too much baggage and bring nothing to the table. 

Also *and I know this sounds bitchy,* but Jana is just sort of....sad. A 30 year-old virgin living at home and sharing a bedroom with kids isn't really aspirational. Liberal women don't want to be Jana and neither do Conservative Christians. There's no marketability in any demographic.

And they forget that Joanna, while Christian, also has an education and had her own career before she got married.

• Love 13

Wasn't Jana also the one who was going on about how she wanted a man who was good with his hands blah blah blah? Maybe she has a crush on Chip Gaines or fantasizes about being Joanna Gaines or something. I think Jana's obsession with the Gaines family might be coming from her own unmet emotional needs, nothing to do with JB or business or any of that. Which would be pretty normal but also depressing.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And they forget that Joanna, while Christian, also has an education and had her own career before she got married.

Exactly. It's a carefully crafted persona, similar to Pioneer Woman, who sells herself as the "aw, shucks"  country girl even though she's the daughter of a surgeon and graduated from USC. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're educated women with business sense. The Duggars aren't even in the same league, let alone the same playing field.

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Wasn't Jana also the one who was going on about how she wanted a man who was good with his hands blah blah blah? Maybe she has a crush on Chip Gaines or fantasizes about being Joanna Gaines or something. I think Jana's obsession with the Gaines family might be coming from her own unmet emotional needs, nothing to do with JB or business or any of that. Which would be pretty normal but also depressing.

I do think Jana sees a lot of what she wants her life to be in the perfectly constructed fantasy that Joanna presents.  I can see the artifice in Joanna and the life she projects with the perfect family, the perfect house, the perfect recipes, etc.  Jana probably only sees the end result and wants that.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Jana has the looks and appears to have the ability to copy the Magnolia design esthetic, but what she lacks is any sort of personality.  She's way too shy and has a bland way of speaking.  Too bad she can't get some lessons in elocution.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do think Jana sees a lot of what she wants her life to be in the perfectly constructed fantasy that Joanna presents.  I can see the artifice in Joanna and the life she projects with the perfect family, the perfect house, the perfect recipes, etc.  Jana probably only sees the end result and wants that.  

The problem is that Jana lacks the ability to do the work necessary to get the end result. No Duggar time when trying to advance in any field, or thereafter.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jana has the looks and appears to have the ability to copy the Magnolia design esthetic, but what she lacks is any sort of personality.  She's way too shy and has a bland way of speaking.  Too bad she can't get some lessons in elocution.

Also, she has no education at all.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Or know she even exists.

Well, if Joanna doesn't know, Joanna's PR and branding advisors certainly do, though. Whether or not the Gaineses themselves bother to be aware of the details about celebrity ranks ( A- through Z-list), clearly they employ people who get them onto tv shows and youtube channels and magazine websites with all the people they should be seen with to build the image they want and keep them away from everyone and everything that might damage that desired brand image.

Being seen anywhere near a Duggar would be very very bad for their image (as it would be bad for most other people's images). Sorry, Jana.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

as do most of those who follow the Gaines'

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

So every brother is her "best friend"? 

And so is Meeechelle and everyone of her sisters. All best friends. People you hardly know are sweet friends. Cos the Duggars, they do things a little different.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

And so is Meeechelle and everyone of her sisters. All best friends. People you hardly know are sweet friends. Cos the Duggars, they do things a little different.

Yeah, and all that's right out of the sick brain of Bill Gothard. So this whole pretense of the current ATI/IBLPers that, "What? Gothard who?" is total bullshit. They're still completely steeped in his ideology because that's what they wanted and still want. Because the parental units in that mess are deeply fearful people and the thing they fear most is change and influences from anybody or anything that they aren't already intimately familiar with.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Something is different.. I wonder what's going on? I saw a picture of Anna last week or so, and thought she had fillers also. Hmmmm

If that's true, someone should tell them not to waste their money, since their true problems go far beyond the merely cosmetic. And it's those they need to pay attention to.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I saw her picture and at first I thought it was Candace Cameron Bure.

Maybe they're sprucing up their looks so they can follow Jingle to LA. Since they've heard that's where the super-Christians become breakout stars. 

• LOL 12
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Something is different.. I wonder what's going on? I saw a picture of Anna last week or so, and thought she had fillers also. Hmmmm

I didnt think it was fillers (although thats possible) I thought it was a filter and a few pounds. Sometimes if I eat a lot of carbs (like on vacation) my face looks a bit fuller while smiling and I have a pretty thin face for my size. Jana is smiling so her cheeks are going to look full, add in the angle and the hat....

• Love 6