Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Just now, ginger90 said:

Interesting that they are on television for their ministry. What does the social media selling come under?

Dollars for Jim Bob, I mean, Jesus! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

The Bates have been shilling Citrus and Lemon for a while now, they frequently feature Carlin and Josie on their Instagram page. Many of their fans are also Duggar fans. If I was really interested in purchasing from them I'd use the discount code from the person who looks good wearing their clothes.

They must have gotten an agent, I don't think these girls are smart enough to compose an email and seek out sponsorships on their own.

You can say that again. 

Wonder if they'll actually make more money than they're going to pay out to their agent/consultant...Or agent AND consultant? .... 

And the fact that they almost certainly need hired help for all this again makes me think that Boob is the real driving force -- Which of the girls would have the savvy and initiative to seek out an agent and/or consultant to do this for ALL of them.... So if Boob does it, then I think Boob wants a cut, frankly. Never get between him and a dollar, as we've heard.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, McManda said:

That's assuming each Duggar daughter has an independent contractor. 

If JB (or a social media manager he hired) is the one organizing the partnerships and all the money goes into the Duggar pot then it doesn't matter who is doing the schilling, just that the schilling gets done.

So, uh, as we've speculated before, Jim Boob created the pot and also skims the pot. Because, seriously, would Jim Boob ever not skim the pot? 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, McManda said:

If JB (or a social media manager he hired) is the one organizing the partnerships and all the money goes into the Duggar pot then it doesn't matter who is doing the schilling, just that the schilling gets done.

And then of course there's the scamster-check question of whether they represent to companies as having a number of followers equal to the total number of followers all the girls together claim. And I'm sure they do say that. Because: Jim Bob.

But I'm betting that, with the number of duplicate followers they have, their total number isn't even close to the total it would look like on a cursory glance. It's probably more like a third of total. .... And if they're lying about that to the companies --- and I'm sure they are because: Jim Bob -- then ultimately the companies aren't going to get nearly the bang for the buck they'd imagine from signing up the Duggar girls. 

That'll cut their pay, just as surely as if they'd been caught padding their numbers with bought followers. 

No way is JB going to make the haul off of this that he hopes for. Kinda like his big lawsuit. 

16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting that they are on television for their ministry. What does the social media selling come under?

Moneychangers in the temple? 

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Those shoes look like someone else’s and that she grabbed them out of the communal pile. 

And I'm not sure but Jessa looked to me as if she might have been posing barefoot in her red-flowered dress. 

Suitable shoes and Duggars aren't compatible concepts, apparently. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I also don't think they're motivated enough. I'll give Jim Bob and Michelle credit that they had hustle when they were younger. But most of their children are devoid of any sort of ambition, so this concerted of an effort has to be organized. 

Jim Bob and Michelle had hustle? I've heard this over and over and find it hard to believe. To me, hustle is more ambitious word. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jim Bob and Michelle had hustle? I've heard this over and over and find it hard to believe. To me, hustle is more ambitious word. 

Fair enough. But I do get the impression they legitimately worked at their real estate ventures in the early pre-political days, which is a lot more hustle than any of his children have shown. 

• Love 6

Grandma Duggar is the real hustler. Didn't someone expose her on Facebook? She was the main one contacting companies and tv shows for free stuff. The post said she even got them a kids piano from Campbell's soup.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, McManda said:

Sadly, I think this is the likely case. On the Benessa thread I mentioned how I hoped the girls got to keep whatever they earned, but Churchhoney's comment along with yours, breaks down why that would make no sense. A small-ish outfit like Citrus and Lemon wouldn't negotiate separate deals for four daughters who have the same set of followers, but they would pay a rate (or percentage or however it works) to the group as a whole (i.e., Boob). I also think the TLC money goes into the communal pot and JimBob doles out whatever he sees fit. 

• Love 5

That's sad to think about. It would be far more lucrative for the girls to be able to negotiate their own, individual deals with different companies. THAT would be a win-win for the girls. If Boob is running this influencer deal, those girls, Jinger included (she was in on Fresh Market) , will never be free.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Since they claim they’ve never owned a tv or watch tv, but are on tv and social media, I would say the correct term would be hypocrisy.

• Love 19

I knew that Jana had to be shilling citrus and lemon when I saw her in what looked like a hospital gown! At least she looks like she put some sort of effort into the picture, however. She had some kind of standards, while Jill has none. Jana could almost make that look decent...almost. 

• Love 5

The fact that they are promoting the same products makes me think they don't have an agent. An agent would be smart enough to know that the majority of SM followers are the same. Even if it's a Duggar Family account it doesn't make sense to do it individually on seperate SM accounts. It would make more sense to do it together on all SM accounts.

I don't think any of the Duggar girls think beyond themselves and wouldn't take the time to realize their 'fans' are one and the same. They're probably independently reaching out to companies and promoting for anyone who bites.

The companies will take a chance on anyone with enough followers because if they don't produce they're dropped. Much cheaper than any ad they would purchase.

Influencers are basically sales people working for a commission. No sales, no commision. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Except the rats go down with the ship! Remember Duggar Studios, when 19kac was axed? They'll be cargo-culting at TV show for the rest of their lives. 40 year old Jessa Duck-Lipping selfies will never stop!

Does it bother anyone else that Lemons ARE Citrus?

I'm old, and I enjoy giving a virtual finger to the advancing years by often working - on-call projects. ("I can't stop getting older but dammit I'm still useful!") Last week I worked, and there were three guys there ranging in age from early 20s to maybe mid 30s. You shoulda heard their take on women who constantly do duck-lipped selfies. They are *not* fans. They threw serious shade. I didn't add to the discussion but enjoyed it hugely. Heh.

Also, because I'm old, I try to remember that I know diddlysquat about current fashions and prefer to STFU about what young women are wearing. But I gotta say, that dress Jana's wearing above is - meh. As has been mentioned above, it looks like something I might have worn in the 90's, or maybe the 80's. But dumpier. And, no color. Blah dress with blah stupid pattern, no shape, no color. I know *grandmothers* who wouldn't be seen dead in that mess. The only thing "different" about it for a Duggarling is that it doesn't feature extra layers peeking out at the top and bottom to scream "MODESTY!!!" so in that sense it's rather daring and Jana probably feels nekkid.

"Citrus and Lemon" gets on my last nerve. I assume they are targeting very stupid people with that name.

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Except the rats go down with the ship! Remember Duggar Studios, when 19kac was axed? They'll be cargo-culting at TV show for the rest of their lives. 40 year old Jessa Duck-Lipping selfies will never stop!

Does it bother anyone else that Lemons ARE Citrus?

Yes, it's been driving me nuts ever since I first heard the stupid name. 

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm old, and I enjoy giving a virtual finger to the advancing years by often working - on-call projects. ("I can't stop getting older but dammit I'm still useful!") Last week I worked, and there were three guys there ranging in age from early 20s to maybe mid 30s. You shoulda heard their take on women who constantly do duck-lipped selfies. They are *not* fans. They threw serious shade. I didn't add to the discussion but enjoyed it hugely. Heh.

Also, because I'm old, I try to remember that I know diddlysquat about current fashions and prefer to STFU about what young women are wearing. But I gotta say, that dress Jana's wearing above is - meh. As has been mentioned above, it looks like something I might have worn in the 90's, or maybe the 80's. But dumpier. And, no color. Blah dress with blah stupid pattern, no shape, no color. I know *grandmothers* who wouldn't be seen dead in that mess. The only thing "different" about it for a Duggarling is that it doesn't feature extra layers peeking out at the top and bottom to scream "MODESTY!!!" so in that sense it's rather daring and Jana probably feels nekkid.

"Citrus and Lemon" gets on my last nerve. I assume they are targeting very stupid people with that name.

Very stupid, "modest" people, I think. I glanced at their home page and those have got to be the most boring and bland clothes ever produced.....I suppose the good news for the business in that is there's no need to pay any clothing designers. Just construct a bunch of vaguely a-line-y shift dresses in the palest, dullest-colored fabric you can find and, voila, the new collection is ready. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I knew that Jana had to be shilling citrus and lemon when I saw her in what looked like a hospital gown! At least she looks like she put some sort of effort into the picture, however. She had some kind of standards, while Jill has none. Jana could almost make that look decent...almost. 

I knew that print looked familiar, and couldn’t figure out where I’d seen it. I thought maybe I had a top with that pattern years ago. 

Then you mentioned hospital gowns and bingo! that’s exactly what it is. The hospital gowns in the 90’s were flimsier and shorter  than they are now, and this was one of the prints. I can’t believe I didn’t see it.

Thanks for picking up on that, every time I saw the picture it would drive me crazy.

The dress is very unflattering to Jana’s figure. It looks short waisted which is odd because she is tiny. It just makes her look dumpy. Either this place has real crappy clothes or these girls have no sense of style whatsoever. Or both. 

I also think as others nave surmised, that fundies own it since they’re reaching out to the Duggars, Bateses and Sierra.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I knew that print looked familiar, and couldn’t figure out where I’d seen it. I thought maybe I had a top with that pattern years ago. 

Then you mentioned hospital gowns and bingo! that’s exactly what it is. The hospital gowns in the 90’s were flimsier and shorter  than they are now, and this was one of the prints. I can’t believe I didn’t see it.

Thanks for picking up on that, every time I saw the picture it would drive me crazy.

The dress is very unflattering to Jana’s figure. It looks short waisted which is odd because she is tiny. It just makes her look dumpy. Either this place has real crappy clothes or these girls have no sense of style whatsoever. Or both. 

I also think as others nave surmised, that fundies own it since they’re reaching out to the Duggars, Bateses and Sierra.

It looks a size too big just like the dress Jill was wearing the other day.  Rarely do I see a Duggar girl in something that actually fits them.  I can see where their modesty rules are so ingrained into them that they do not understand what a properly fitted garment would look like.  If they wore something that fitted them, they would think that it is too tight and immodest.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It looks a size too big just like the dress Jill was wearing the other day.  Rarely do I see a Duggar girl in something that actually fits them.  I can see where their modesty rules are so ingrained into them that they do not understand what a properly fitted garment would look like.  If they wore something that fitted them, they would think that it is too tight and immodest.  

But  they do not mind wearing tight tops while showing off being pregnant. Of course being pregnant is consider the highlight of a woman's life.

Looks like a nice dress to wear to her next sibling's wedding.  Oh wait, no....she'll be wearing a bridesmaid dress.  

She looks like a combo of Jill & Jinger in that pic, and not in a flattering way.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I'd like to invite you all to visit my trendy new online shop, Poultry & Chicken. 

Yay! Can I get free/discounted clothes to peddle to my social media followers? 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

But  they do not mind wearing tight tops while showing off being pregnant. Of course being pregnant is consider the highlight of a woman's life.

That logic has never made any sense to me, but the Duggars seem to be extremely ignorant of any type of fetish.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yay! Can I get free/discounted clothes to peddle to my social media followers? 😂

Yes! Swipe....up? (Instagram has never quite made sense to me.)

Act now, people! Exploited third-world sweatshop employees are standing by. 

Edited by Portia
Typo
  • LOL 13
4 minutes ago, Portia said:

Yes! Swipe....up? (Instagram has never quite made sense to me.)

Act now, people! Exploited third-world sweatshop employees are standing by. 

Yay! I'm so blessed! Poultry & Chicken is my new favorite shop. Better than Cousin Amy's stuff, y'all!!!!!

Best hubby ever agreed with me it's so soft and comfy--just like the chicken we ate at home. Will now link a family favorite chicken recipe I stole from the internet. Yay! 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wow what a major contrast between the photos Jill posts vs Jana's.   I wonder who is Jana's photographer?  Did she announce the winner?

She announced it in the comment section of that post late last night.

Since her debut on Instagram, I’ve noticed that her pics look really well done. In fact, to me it looks like she’s trying real hard to look perfect that she sometimes comes across as fake. The cheesy smile, the phony pose, the filter alterations. Jill does not post like that, Jana along with the Vuolos do. 

• Love 11
On 3/25/2019 at 5:17 AM, GeeGolly said:

The fact that they are promoting the same products makes me think they don't have an agent. An agent would be smart enough to know that the majority of SM followers are the same. Even if it's a Duggar Family account it doesn't make sense to do it individually on seperate SM accounts. It would make more sense to do it together on all SM accounts.

I don't think any of the Duggar girls think beyond themselves and wouldn't take the time to realize their 'fans' are one and the same. They're probably independently reaching out to companies and promoting for anyone who bites.

The companies will take a chance on anyone with enough followers because if they don't produce they're dropped. Much cheaper than any ad they would purchase.

Influencers are basically sales people working for a commission. No sales, no commision. 

Sierra responded in surprise that she had no idea the Duggars were also shilling citrus and lemon!  Yeah, right.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Whoa! Jana admitted to past relationships. I got this image from Tumblr because she deleted it from the post. This is her answer after someone asked her if she and Laura were a "thing".

c1f078c7-d692-4415-95bb-f3eed8b62d1a.png.2301ae54ed0dd31c2f7cfa86f336156c.png

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

Whoa! Jana admitted to past relationships. I got this image from Tumblr because she deleted it from the post. This is her answer after someone asked her if she and Laura were a "thing".

c1f078c7-d692-4415-95bb-f3eed8b62d1a.png.2301ae54ed0dd31c2f7cfa86f336156c.png

Laura, Tim Teabow, that guy that turned out to be a rapist. I think we’d be fools to think money minded JB hasn’t been trying to hitch his old, sponsor daughter to some nice guy, all to benefit the family.

• Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Well the Duggars are lying liars who lie, so she probably means one time entered a “getting to know you” phase and that’s been it. Multiple courtships, sure Jan.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Maybe a guy showed interest, they had a couple "getting to know you" conversations, and that was it. But Jana full-on courting and Boob not making a public spectacle of it? Uh-huh, no way.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 21
(edited)

In Jana's case we probably would know if she had a serious relationship. There's nothing wrong with getting to know someone and deciding it's not a good fit. 

Even my fundie-lite friends are clear to say they've had few "serious relationships".  It's part of the emotional purity movement which was big in the 90s and 2000s.  It was a point brought both by Gothard and guys like Joshua "I Kissed Dating Good-Bye" Harris. You don't want to give away "pieces of your heart", it should be fully to you spouse.

It's kind of being phased out, because it doesn't work. People have failed courtships, failed marriages etc. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, Marthalord said:

I do not take what Jana said to mean an actual courtship. She quoted the words. Also why would she have put the part about no serious relationships?

I don’t think Jana is lying. I can believe she started “talking”(mainstream lingo) to a few guys but they never progressed to full on courtship/engagement. She is 29 after all. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

How can she tell the weekend from the week? .... It kind of drives me crazy when they act as if they know what a Monday is like or a Saturday. To me, it just screams "window dressing a PR consultant told us about for the purpose of making people identify with us" -- even though we live in a completely alien universe of stupid. 

And, actually, I feel as if her life could use some complications -- like knowing something, knowing somebody, having some kind of vocation other than cleaning up the messes JB, M, the Howlers and Josie leave everywhere. 

Although I would simplify off those ridiculous leggings. Or the skirt. Her top's long enough to cover her ass and the good china. She needs the leggings or the skirt, not both. If her legs are cold, she could wear, you know, tights -- they're actually made to be worn under a skirt. The leggings are pure ostentation. And to no actual purpose. Since does anybody care any more what Gothard says about what women should wear on their legs (or elsewhere)? Uh...no....

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CBAB4F44-553A-47F0-8C3F-D6451D89DCD9.jpeg

Does Jana have free rein to organize and decorate the TTH? Otherwise which rooms is she working in?  Jana doesn't have a personal room that we know of.  I do have to say Jana's outfit looks very much like something I would and do wear.  Personally I prefer skirts and dresses and also like my legs covered.  Leggings and footless tights are more comfortable.  I live in a diverse urban area and often see women dressed this way.  To each their own.

• Love 9