Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I've never heard "Smuggar" associated with Boob (although he is smug). I've always associated Smuggar with Josh, that's why he's 1.0.

It's a bit confusing up in here. 

Boob has never been called Smuggar. JoshUa earned that name from the earliest TLC specials. He wasn't humble in the slightest, and considering his now-known backstory, is quite amazing. And the name is that much more accurate.

I haven't called him Josh in years!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Josiah used to be called Smuggar Junior on Free Jinger, so the molester is Smuggar, Josiah is Smuggar 2.0, Jed is 3.0. 

At least Helmet Head had a work ethic when he was younger. None of his cretinous offspring does. 

Quoting just to admire the descriptor, "cretinous offspring."

• Love 21

Earlier i read how Jed had been a campaign manager for a Bob Ballinger in 2018----i found that hard to believe...............so i tweeted a DM to Mr. Bob and asked him if it was true that his campaign manager was 18 during his 2018 run for office (now Mr. Bob is no slouch  he is a lawyer etc)

Half an hour later Mr.Bob got back to me and said yes he was......wow.......He made a post on twitter on nov 5 promoting Jed   (  https://twitter.com/Bob_Ballinger  )    i have no words

The episode aired this week, 11/5?, was filmed months and months ago. They heavily featured their 'candidate of the year'. This political plan for Jed was thought out and planned way back then. Has JB's fingerprints all over it. Jed would be his father's puppet. Poor guy, he doesn't know any better. I also bet that he will be wedded and bedded before election day 2020.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

The episode aired this week, 11/5?, was filmed months and months ago. They heavily featured their 'candidate of the year'. This political plan for Jed was thought out and planned way back then. Has JB's fingerprints all over it. Jed would be his father's puppet. Poor guy, he doesn't know any better. I also bet that he will be wedded and bedded before election day 2020.

Yep. I'm pretty sure the plan started more than two years ago. 

That's why Jed was the one who went for that month-or-so-long internship at the statehouse in mid-2017 (I think) (along with his accountability partner Joy, of course.)

And it's definitely why they cooked up those youth "summits" for Gothard-y Jesus that they've put on at the Forsyth's camp in 2018 and 2019 -- So Jed could be "Director" of something and pad his nearly non-existent resume with a "leadership" role.

The "summit" website already featured the photo of him in front of the Arkansas statehouse. And the web copy told the tale of how, when he went to Australia and New Zealand, he got the idea to run a wonderful young people's "summit" like the one he saw there. And Welcome to the Summit from Your "Director," Jed Duggar. Yadda yadda yadda.

Of course, when you look closer, you find that the actual work of organizing and running the thing was done by Laura and some other guy who I think is, like Laura, a longtime Gothard-Empire person. 

Then, ironically, whoever is consulting with them now told them to keep that Gothard-y, super-Duggary stuff the hell off Jed's "campaign biography." (I speculate -- because, otherwise, why the hell doesn't his teensy biography mention it??/)

"Aaaaaaghhh! You don't want anybody pulling up that website and noticing that the main (and nearly the only) 'speakers' at the 'summit' were renowned robo-caller and Duggar-cult matriarch Meeechelle Duggar and Paul Caldwell -- who already lost an election around here and antagonized locals by recruiting elementary-school-age children to paper neighborhoods with pamphlets declaring that homosexuals don't actually exist (because, presumably, God told him he never created such people...) Aaaaaaaghhhh! Take that "directorship" bit off his resume, now!" 

So the grooming and preparing have been going on for a couple of years. But I still picture it with a strong Keystone Kops element. 

I guess about two years ago JB picked himself up off the floor after the Joshley mess and scouted out which boy seemed the smuggest, most outspokenly goddish and (most delusionally) self-assured so he could start the quest for Duggar political power all over again.

And Jed became the chosen one. -- And got Josh's former car lot transferred into his name (sort of) -- in another resume-padding gambit. Even though Joe and Josiah seem to be the ones who get mentioned as working there. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 15
On 11/6/2019 at 6:56 PM, cmr2014 said:

Some fun facts about Jed Duggar, Congressional candidate.

He is too young to run for the United States Congress so I guess he is running for the Arkansas House of Representatives.  If he wins, I wonder if he will learn from his father's mistake of trying to make a run for the US Senate instead of running first and being elected to the Arkansas Senate.   After his failed attempt at getting the US Senate (he was defeated in a primary), he ran for the Arkansas Senate and only lost by a several hundred votes if I recall correctly.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:59 PM, Trillium said:

Bobby Newport Jed Duggar never had a real job...in his life. (For those unfamiliar with Parks and Rec, Google Bobby Newport campaign ad)

I’d like to think that an uneducated 20 year old has zero chance of being elected over a Phd candidate incumbent, but I have 0/10 faith in the voting public.  

He is unlikely to win against an incumbent.  He would do better to run for a local office like county commissioner or some such (not sure of the local offices in his state). 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. I'm pretty sure the plan started more than two years ago.

If Jed was the one shown as the chess player, I think the plan was in place for him to be the next great duggar way back then. See how smart he is playing chess.....

Possibly I am wrong and it was sinner twin that played chess on TV.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Work trip?  Since when do they "work?"

That was my reaction.  So I guess they are filming in the East?  I really don't pay any attention to them except for the stuff I see in this forum.  Is it usual for Jana and JB to be pictured together like this?

• Love 9

Her dad's her hero? That man allowed four of her sisters to be molested and gave the molester a slap on the wrist. That man has made slaves of his sons who have no choice but to work for him because he failed to educate them properly. Don't get me started on the harm he has caused his stifled daughters. Even Jill and Jinger aren't straying that far off the reservation. It's just packaged a little bit differently.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hey, y'all, I don't think this reporter was ever linked on here for Jed, but she was posted on JD's forum this week because she was going after his constable bullshit.

I've only heard back from one of the reporters I contacted, who said he'd look into Jed's residence.

But this reporter for the Arkansas Times seems to have had the same questions I had since the beginning and has been poking around on water records. Someone on here noted Jed's house was for rent until September. She confirmed that and also that the water was turned on in September, as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AutumnDamnIt/status/1191690658576314369

Anyway, I think if any more develops from it, she's probably going to be the one breaking it, so she might be one to watch for news.

You’re my hero, again!

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

You’re my hero, again!

ditto, @Zella 

I also enjoyed the comments on her Twitter from citizens who aren't impressed with the non-existent employment record of this 20-nearly-21-year-old who isn't getting any post-secondary education or vocational training either. "Working for grifter daddy" apparently doesn't strike some people as an adequate resume. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

Hmmm, what “work” are Jana and JB doing together on the east coast?  Negotiating TLC or People contracts?  Filming a daddy-daughter trip?

I’d consider being in close quarters with Jim Bob ‘work’.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

OMG I'm hating Jana's SM feed soooo much.

I don't know what she's trying to portray in her feed, but it's really off-putting to me -- that may mean that it's exactly what she's trying to portray and will wobble the knees of fundie guys.

• Love 21
15 hours ago, Twopper said:

He is unlikely to win against an incumbent.  He would do better to run for a local office like county commissioner or some such (not sure of the local offices in his state). 

One of our former students, now a college freshman,  just won an election for city council rep.   That’s how you start. Not to mention education and an actual platform…

Edited by Broken Ox
shorten quote
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From her stories:

7CC583F8-1A81-40D0-A889-13B82031D1B0.jpeg

C405991C-ADBB-4921-A26B-C57385E64E04.jpeg

Doh! Of course. Shoulda known. They're shilling coffee! What else does any of them do? 

EMLTA: Guessing none of them realizes that coffee is a, you know, recreational pleasure drug. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Ok maybe i'm crazy, but I think i've always blamed Mechelle more for what happened to her daughters and not exposing it. It just seems like she always favored Josh more and even back in the early episodes it was clear he was her favorite. I've also always felt as if JB, for all his faults actually loves his kids. I think Mechelle is the one that has been the guiding force in what is and isn't allowed and the path these kids have taken. I know their whole "headship" thing but I think she's the puppet master. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Ok maybe i'm crazy, but I think i've always blamed Mechelle more for what happened to her daughters and not exposing it. It just seems like she always favored Josh more and even back in the early episodes it was clear he was her favorite. I've also always felt as if JB, for all his faults actually loves his kids. I think Mechelle is the one that has been the guiding force in what is and isn't allowed and the path these kids have taken. I know their whole "headship" thing but I think she's the puppet master. 

I think JB has more affection for the kids than Michelle does because he’s a more affectionate person (and by affection I don’t mean physical or sexual but emotional) HOWEVER I think it was JB’s strong desire for fame that had them cover for Josh so much and bring him back into the house to present a “united family”. I am not surprised neither one reported Josh to the authorities- I don’t think the majority of parents would when the abuser was the bio kid of both parents (compared to a step child of one and half sibling to the child that was abused, the bio parent of the abused child wouldn’t be as forgiving). Without a desire for fame and a tv show I do think JB would insisted Josh leave the house to protect the girls from further harm and he would’ve lived with grandma Mary only seing the rest of the siblings occasionally until he got to be an adult. 

Ive seen a number of scenarios where an older child was sent to live a relative for no discernible reason- I’m sure some of those times it was to protect the child from abuse (like from a step parent) or something was wrong with the child and they didn’t want to expose the little ones to harm. 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think JB has more affection for the kids than Michelle does because he’s a more affectionate person (and by affection I don’t mean physical or sexual but emotional) HOWEVER I think it was JB’s strong desire for fame that had them cover for Josh so much and bring him back into the house to present a “united family”. I am not surprised neither one reported Josh to the authorities- I don’t think the majority of parents would when the abuser was the bio kid of both parents (compared to a step child of one and half sibling to the child that was abused, the bio parent of the abused child wouldn’t be as forgiving). Without a desire for fame and a tv show I do think JB would insisted Josh leave the house to protect the girls from further harm and he would’ve lived with grandma Mary only seing the rest of the siblings occasionally until he got to be an adult. 

Ive seen a number of scenarios where an older child was sent to live a relative for no discernible reason- I’m sure some of those times it was to protect the child from abuse (like from a step parent) or something was wrong with the child and they didn’t want to expose the little ones to harm. 

I agree that many parents would find it hard to turn their kid in. I've seen this play out in my years as a therapist. As I've said before, JB & M did more than many parents have done. They told their church elders and they sent Josh away. And just as importantly, they acknowledged it happened to their daughters. 

I also think Michelle is for sure the puppet master of the family, but I don't think she actively hid what happened. I really think she thought it was handled and no one would think twice about it, if the story became known. JB may have had a more realistic idea of the negative impact of the story becoming public, but I think he was a bit fooled too, because really, what Josh did was public(ish) and they filmed for years with not a word from anyone.

I think the entire family was shocked at the backlash toward the parents and girls.

But anyway, I think sheltered Jana does love her dad and enjoys being with him.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Well, she certainly has spent a lot of time with him. She is one of the oldest kids and she is STILL at home with him.

...or snuggled up next to him on a beach wearing matching jackets. Barf.

• Love 3
On 11/7/2019 at 2:04 PM, Sew Sumi said:

It's also worth noting that Jed INTERNED for Ballinger's campaign; he was NOT the campaign manager, as he claims in his bio.

More #Duggarlies

Could you please tell me where i can find that info?  Thank you so much

• Love 3

Ugh, I have a feeling we've only seen the very beginning of the posturing Jed (JB!?!) is planning to spread across social media.  If he wasn't running for office, he probably would give a rat's ass about veterans.

He just better stay away from RFP's brand of posturing.  

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, orbison said:

Could you please tell me where i can find that info?  Thank you so much

Reportedly, the presumably knowledgeable person who posted that news on Facebook -- Arkansas State Rep. Charlene Fite -- later removed the post. That full story -- her post and its later deletion -- is told online here and there, although I don't know who wrote it first.

Here's one of the contemporaneous mentions (Feb. 1, 2017) of Joy's and Jed's statehouse tenure that seems to be based on Fite's original post. From the Lily and Ellie Duggar fan blog. 

"Joy and Jed Interning in Little Rock

"Two of the Duggars siblings are exploring career options at the Arkansas State Capitol. According to Representative Charlene Fite, Joy-Anna Duggar, who turned 19 in October, and Jedidiah Duggar, who turned 18 in December, are currently interning at the Arkansas House of Representatives in Little Rock, Arkansas."

https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/joy-and-jed-interning-in-little-rock.html

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

For those of you keeping track at home, Fite is the rep for Ma and Pa  Duggar's district.

So....in other words....some possibility that the post removal was precipitated by strong-arming/bribing carried out by a (prominent) member of the Pad Jed's Resume For His Run Project. (possible initials: JRD)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So....in other words....some possibility that the post removal was precipitated by strong-arming/bribing carried out by a (prominent) member of the Pad Jed's Resume For His Run Project. (possible initials: JRD)

Yeah Fite is a Republican. I would not be surprised if she was yammering about that initially as a favor to the Duggars and then removed it as a favor to them. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Reportedly, the presumably knowledgeable person who posted that news on Facebook -- Arkansas State Rep. Charlene Fite -- later removed the post. That full story -- her post and its later deletion -- is told online here and there, although I don't know who wrote it first.

Here's one of the contemporaneous mentions (Feb. 1, 2017) of Joy's and Jed's statehouse tenure that seems to be based on Fite's original post. From the Lily and Ellie Duggar fan blog. 

"Joy and Jed Interning in Little Rock

"Two of the Duggars siblings are exploring career options at the Arkansas State Capitol. According to Representative Charlene Fite, Joy-Anna Duggar, who turned 19 in October, and Jedidiah Duggar, who turned 18 in December, are currently interning at the Arkansas House of Representatives in Little Rock, Arkansas."

https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/joy-and-jed-interning-in-little-rock.html

Thank you.    Am going to do a bit more research before i comment on the campaign management issue.........if i do recall the internship Jed and Joy attended was for a whole 2 days----and on the application for internship one must include current university / college attending  (amongst other things).............

I wonder if Jed is going to attend the 8th annual Arkansas Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Summit ,,,, going along with his opioid crisis fight....  https://arkansasag.gov/resource-directory/ 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, orbison said:

Thank you.    Am going to do a bit more research before i comment on the campaign management issue.........if i do recall the internship Jed and Joy attended was for a whole 2 days----and on the application for internship one must include current university / college attending  (amongst other things).............

I wonder if Jed is going to attend the 8th annual Arkansas Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Summit ,,,, going along with his opioid crisis fight....  https://arkansasag.gov/resource-directory/ 

Yeah, Jed's going to be there with bells on. Only not. 😁

• Love 5
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I find it sad that not one of their sons even joined the National Guard OR the Coast Guard...nothing. No real service to their country, yet they spout off about what 'amazing lives' veterans have led. Bull.

Several comments in Jed's Instagram have said the same thing.

Also, one person commented that Jed has been very faithful and loyal in his veteran's ministry, so maybe he has been doing that regularly. There was that video posted a couple of years ago where some Howlers and Jana were singing at the veteran's home. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep, they go there and sing on Sundays. 

But trotting that out as if it's a qualification for holding public office is a bit of a stretch, seems to me.

For starters, just look at the photo they post to show Jed's supposed interest in and devotion to these veterans. A few WWII vets or maybe -- being generous about the relevance of what he's really doing here -- Korean War-era(?) vets stagger across the floor on their own. And he stands in front of them with a big, smug self-satisfied grin on his face, showing off about his "work." And paying zero attention to them. It's all about his smug face.

Moreover, are there any vets there who look like they know him or like him or depend on him for anything?

Having spent a lot of time in nursing homes, I've noticed that when older people in such a place get to know a younger visitor even a little bit, they look at you, they look toward you, they ask you for things, they depend on you for things, they smile if they're in a picture with you...... I see absolutely no sign of that here.

Where are the pictures that demonstrate he has any actual concern for or interest in these folks -- whom he presumably sees every single Sunday? Nobody here seems to know him or give a crap that he's there -- and the same looks to be true of him with regard to them.....Apparently he has seen them every Sunday for years -- and the audience for an event like that wouldn't change much from week to week in a nursing home -- yet they don't seem to know him or have any interest in him at all, by the evidence in that picture.

And, yes, I know that nursing homes have to be careful about publishing pictures of residents......However, pictures of residents are being published here -- just not ones who seem to have any interest in Jed or vice versa.

And, I might add, not ones who seem to have been asked if they'd mind being in a picture. The people here are just folks who happen to be walking by in the background. By contrast, if he actually did have these great relationships with people that he brags about, it should be quite easy for the family to ask a few folks he's actually hanging around with and talking to whether they'd mind having their photos taken and put up on their social media.....Most would likely be happy to -- and there'd be evidence of interaction between Jed-the-Veteran-lover and actual veterans. But somehow they've managed not to capture any.

Furthermore, how is "working with vets" here any different from working with elderly people generally, given how old these folks are and how long it's been since they served? (and since, given the era of these folks, it's more than likely that some of the women are widows of vets, not vets themselves)

Any problems they have at this point are highly unlikely to be very closely related to their or their husbands' military service. So why not bill this simply as Jed working with the elderly in the community? I'll tell you why -- because they're looking for the younger military vote and the vet vote, not the elderly vote (they probably figure they've got that)....So they make a point of supposedly demonstrating that he's particularly attuned to veterans' concerns.....even though he and his family famously and actively shun the military, even to the point of participating in the fake military their guru Gothard set up and declared to be superior to the real one.

Even if we accept that a weekly hymn-sing by Jana and the Howlers at a veterans' nursing home shows true interest in veterans' issues, though, where's the evidence that he has a clue or cares one bit about the concerns and needs of vets from the Vietnam-era to now? You know, the vets who'll still be alive during his years of eligibility for a political career. Whose issues are quite different in every way from those of the WWII draftee military. And, of course, the ones whose votes they're pretty certainly trying to win through this little bragging episode. 

Once again, as my conspiracy theory raises its ugly head, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Sunday visits to the elderly-veterans' home didn't become a scheduled Duggar event for the sole purpose of, once again, Padding Jed's Resume For His Political Run. 

ETA: Man, to me Jed's right up there with Cade as a Hall of Famer in Punchable Faces: The Next Generation. 

Great post!  I was going to say that this Jed character has the most punchable face of any of those spawn, besides the Sex Pest.  Hopefully he'll lose big.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5