Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 7/27/2016 at 5:58 PM, larfs said:

You could be right about Marjorie, this is from the Counting on Page.

'Here are the top 5 things we're most excited about for the new season:

Jinger and Jeremy's courtship bliss.

Jill and Derick are returning to Arkansas after a year of balancing mission work and raising their 1 1/2 year-old son in Central America.

Ben and Jessa are experiencing all the excitement of being new parents and possible plans for adoption, while Ben simultaneously organizes a football camp with ex-NFL players to mentor kids.

Joy, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah are reaching a milestone with high school graduation rapidly approaching.

John David, Joseph and Josiah could be seeking new relationships.'

On 7/27/2016 at 6:47 PM, larfs said:

Jana is the only kidult not mentioned there. Perhaps her new gardening duties are not considered exciting enough for a mention.

Good comment. As to the "seeking new relationships" thing, it's interesting that the only kidults mentioned are sons. 

I don't think that Duggar daughters of any age are supposed to "seek" new relationships. AFAIK, the role of females in the Duggar/Gothard/fundie world, is to be sought after. Heaven forbid that a girl should go out lookin' for love. Or a husband. I think they are just supposed to wait gracefully for God their father to provide suitable mates. At least, Boob seems to allow a daughter to reject guys; he's a nutjob but not (yet) totally crazed enough to force an unwanted guy on a daughter. Thank heaven for small mercies.

• Love 2

I'm hoping one of the older guys is in a relationship.  Would be somewhat interesting (compared to the rest of show ideas) to see how the courtship is done thru a Duggar Son vs. Daughter.  We never really got to see the courting process for Smugs & Anna, mainly cuz it was long distance & this all happened when the show first started.

• Love 1

JohnDavid, Joseph and Josiah could be seeking new relationships.  Besides Josiah have they ever had any old relationships?   They call them the seekers, they've been searching low and high.....  And why the word 'could' why not  they "ARE'.  Because maybe they aren't - so watch our show to find out for sure! 

• Love 11
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, laurakaye said:

Maybe JB & J'Chelle thought that Jessa was getting too big for her britches and hooked her up with Bin, a guy they knew would drag her down and tame her spirit?

See I was thinking the exact opposite.  I was thinking Jim Bob picked Ben because he wasn't too dominant and therefore wouldn't lose his temper too bad with the feisty Miss Jessa.

• Love 1

I thought JB always spouted that the man has to be self-sufficient before he should even pursue a relationship. I got the impression that he was kind of waiting for Ben to man up in that area before he allowed the relationship to progress and Jessa kept threatening to elope.

Now he has two married daughters and one soon to be married daughter with unemployed men. And he allowed Josiah to date whats-her-name before he was employed.

JB is like a 4 year old and just keeps changing the rules so he can win.

• Love 13

just curious, when did they say things about Michelle's Ovulation chart on the fridge?  I am sorry, I know I am OT, but I have read about it so many times and I don't know when they said it.  

I am sure it would screw with my mind if my parents had one on the fridge, I am so happy they settled with just 2 kids :) 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Now he has two married daughters and one soon to be married daughter with unemployed men. And he allowed Josiah to date whats-her-name before he was employed.

It's creeping secularism that's done this to the poor Duggars. You know Gothard made plain that it's wrong to work for the ungodly. That rules out a lot of jobs these days. What's a Duggar to do but minister and grift? 

Ad of course the track record of the Duggar men isn't any better than that of the in-laws. Joshie was gaudily employed for, what, 18 months or so? And now he may never be employed again. And male Duggar worker-bee John David is apparently forever barred from holding any job that actually includes wages.

• Love 6

They had John-David become a pilot so he would be permanently shackled to his family as their personal chauffeur. It's sick and twisted and I'm so mad that we will never be done with this family no matter what happens.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

just curious, when did they say things about Michelle's Ovulation chart on the fridge?  I am sorry, I know I am OT, but I have read about it so many times and I don't know when they said it.  

I am sure it would screw with my mind if my parents had one on the fridge, I am so happy they settled with just 2 kids :) 

One of the early specials showed it, I think it was in the old 3 bedroom rental.

• Love 1

yeah, one of the really old ones where she was still wearing those ridiculous baby blue petticoat dress jumper things...with the big white collars. 

It was in the context of the interviewer saying "do the kids want another sibling?" and Michelle saying "Oh, yes, the girls watch my chart like a hawk" and she implied it was hanging in the bathroom. 

It was Michelle implying that the girls check and see if her period is late, they can see it and they get all excited. 

I procrastinating work right now...maybe I will look for the clip so we can all enjoy! I would like to see it myself again now, knowing the family in 2016 and what they are about. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Marigold said:

yeah, one of the really old ones where she was still wearing those ridiculous baby blue petticoat dress jumper things...with the big white collars. 

It was in the context of the interviewer saying "do the kids want another sibling?" and Michelle saying "Oh, yes, the girls watch my chart like a hawk" and she implied it was hanging in the bathroom. 

It was Michelle implying that the girls check and see if her period is late, they can see it and they get all excited. 

I procrastinating work right now...maybe I will look for the clip so we can all enjoy! I would like to see it myself again now, knowing the family in 2016 and what they are about. 

That was it Marigold!  I remember there was a lot of discussion at the time, because the calendar was actually for marking periods.  There was a lot of outrage that the girls had ZERO privacy, and that that is way too much info for your brothers and visitors to know.

Maybe they got rid of it once the girls reached that "season of life".  I can't see 28 year old Jana marking her days.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 3

well, apparently Michelle thinks this is totally normal to watch your mom's menstrual cycle like a hawk because she said it again on the Today Show. 

http://www.today.com/id/24537885/#.V6yR5JgrKUk

I clearly remember her standing in the kitchen with Jim Bob saying the same thing.  

I think I'm going to post this in the Jim Bob and Michelle topic so we can move the chart talk over there....I think our topic drifted a bit. 

• Love 4

Holy crap, that's Workout with freeweights 101. I do that shit on my living room floor. As for the "7's" who doesn't know how to mix up the rotation? Again, Workout 101. 

And not in jeans! I've seen Joe in shorts, so this is rather strange. 

• Love 5

I'm not even remotely a fitness buff but I used to go to Bally's about 15 yrs ago and I know all that info about how to lift weights. And thanks, Ben, never would have thought to start low on the fly to avoid injury. More sage advice from our experts. 

Chopping potatoes, dressing babies, eating vegetables- what will they think to inform us morons of next?  

• Love 9

Don't these guys ever step outside?  Even to mow the lawn?  They look awfully pasty to me for it being the summertime. Maybe the girls & MEchelle won't share the tanner. 

I'm not a fitness person but thought the jeans look out of place as well as his shoes.  They could be dark tennis shoes but look like some type of brown loafers to me.   Were their shirts a 2fer Wal-Mart special?  Looks like same shirt but different colors. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Portia said:

Oh good, we're back to criticizing white people for being "pasty." I don't find either of these guys particularly attractive, but I don't understand why they should be considered hideous or unhealthy-looking  it they choose not to tan their skin. I exercise outdoors nearly every day, and I take great pride in the fact that I'm just as pale now as I was in May. Tanning is not good for you, particularly if you're fair-completed to begin with. I reject the pale-shaming!

Thank you!!!  My skin is either pasty white or red (as in sunburn).   I had major sunburns as a kid, so now I try to remember to use sunscreen when I go outside.  I jokingly tell people they need to wear sunglasses if I'm wearing shorts because my legs are bright white. 

• Love 12

At the risk of pedanticizing (probably not a word...) I associate "pasty" with unhealthy. But not necessarily with the word "pale".

I can't say that the Duggars are models of healthy living and that can, and usually does, reflect in one's appearance.

• Love 14

I'm paler than Casper, but I agree with NewDigs that I think pasty and pale are two different things. Pasty is just like an undertone that accompanies bad health, it's when you look sick. Like I said, I'm pale, like really pale and freckled, but a few months ago I was very sick and spent 4 days in the ICU with a newly diagnosed chronic disease and my skin went from pale to pasty. My eyes bulged out from the bags, my skin almost had a yellow undertone. I'm not sure if I'm describing the difference accurately, but there's definitely a difference. The Duggars, especially Smuggar, with no doubt fall under the pasty category thanks to their diet and exercise regimen (or lack thereof).

• Love 10

Not going to lie, I haven't looked at the video because I'm so tired of the Duggars explaining mundane things to me so I can't judge their pale vs pasty ratio. Isn't it Joe in the video? He's usually one of the healthier looking Duggar boys since he actually works out, I can't recall if he's ever looked pasty before. I've definitely seen Josh, John David and even Josiah look pasty...Not to mention Josie Grossie, that poor girl was born pasty and seemed to never recover. 

• Love 3

Bringing the topic back to the main subject, can I just say how much I love Jana? I don't know the entire family just has this air about them that I can't stand, but seeing Jana on screen... I'm just fascinated by her. She seems so gentle, no wonder she's everyone's favorite momma. She and I are the same age and I just want to take her to Forever 21 (shh who cares if we're too old for that store) and grab a coffee and talk about life. I feel like even though she's the quietest Duggar, she's also the most fascinating. I wonder if possible suitors feel the same about her? She seems like such a gentle creature...But not "meek." I don't know. I see that sharp and funny personality that was blanket trained out of her, it sparks through every once in awhile. Do you guys really think that any of the Duggar in laws originally had eyes on her and Boob sold them another shiny virginal daughter? I just can't believe she's the last daughter standing, if she's doing this on purpose then she's a genius to let that biological clock tick tock. I just want to figure her out. 

• Love 8

I feel so bad for Jana because, as someone who is extremely introverted, I get such an introvert vibe from her. Most of the other Duggars seem like extroverts to me, so I imagine it doesn't bother them. But I cannot imagine being surrounded by that many people constantly, and I would think it has to take its toll on her in some way, even if she has been trained not to show that.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16

Yes Zella! I think that's my fascination with her, I recognize a fellow introvert. She really never was able to open up to the cameras like her siblings. She's the black sheep, maybe that's why she's being left behind? Boob figures a Jana marriage will be boring to viewers because she lacks screen presence? She doesn't shine in front of cameras like Golden Jill (ugh my very least favorite daughter!) or Jessa the selfie queen. I think Boob is to stupid to figure out that she's probably the favorite daughter and the one most viewers want to know more about. But I think Jana is happy out of the spotlight so it's working for her. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, fuzzylollipop said:

Yes Zella! I think that's my fascination with her, I recognize a fellow introvert. She really never was able to open up to the cameras like her siblings. She's the black sheep, maybe that's why she's being left behind? Boob figures a Jana marriage will be boring to viewers because she lacks screen presence? She doesn't shine in front of cameras like Golden Jill (ugh my very least favorite daughter!) or Jessa the selfie queen. I think Boob is to stupid to figure out that she's probably the favorite daughter and the one most viewers want to know more about. But I think Jana is happy out of the spotlight so it's working for her. 

Agreed!

I think it's quite possible that she either doesn't want to undergo the scrutiny of a romance on a television show--and I don't blame her for that--so she quietly resists or that she is uncomfortable enough with being filmed that she shuts down, so the powers that be have decided she isn't a great candidate for a televised courtship, which means no courtship. I also suspect that the family enjoys having her at their beck and call, so even if they are okay with the idea of her finding someone, I don't think they are in any hurry to encourage her to find a husband and leave the house. That'd be a lot of free labor to replace! 

Hmm Typing this has made me wonder if that's why she seems to do more work than the rest of the family. I suspect part of it is her personality, but it might also be a way to hide, so to speak. I know when my family had company, I was more than happy to volunteer to do things like the dishes or whatever  just because it gave me a chance to escape from our visitors and not be accused of being rude. 

• Love 19

Zella I want to give you like 10 more ❤️ on that post. You totally hit the nail in the head! I had never thought about the looking busy to avoid socializing, I was very guilty of this as well when I was a teenager and my parents brought people over. 

Now I'm wondering if the show had stayed cancelled, would Jana have finally pursued a courtship? It's been mentioned before, but I think her and Chad Paine would have made a match in fundie Heaven. Is it Jana not pursuing a courtship because she's camera shy, doesn't want children or doesn't want to leave her adopted children behind, or whatever her excuse? Or is it Boob making up excuses to leave her tied to the tinker toy house? I wonder what excuses he uses if so, I get used salesman vibes from him so I picture some spiel like "this one doesn't have a preacher mindset," "God did not approve this one," and so on. Or could Boob be saving that twin double wedding for when/if tlc wants to pull the plug? So many questions! I've been waiting for a tell all book for about 10 years now! 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, fuzzylollipop said:

Zella I want to give you like 10 more ❤️ on that post. You totally hit the nail in the head! I had never thought about the looking busy to avoid socializing, I was very guilty of this as well when I was a teenager and my parents brought people over. 

Thanks! I had never even thought of it before tonight--or even put that much thought into it when I was doing it--but yes, it's a great way to avoid company. The upshot too is everyone is impressed with how helpful you are and don't realize you're just doing it because you don't want to chit-chat. :)

Now I'm wondering if the show had stayed cancelled, would Jana have finally pursued a courtship? It's been mentioned before, but I think her and Chad Paine would have made a match in fundie Heaven. Is it Jana not pursuing a courtship because she's camera shy, doesn't want children or doesn't want to leave her adopted children behind, or whatever her excuse? Or is it Boob making up excuses to leave her tied to the tinker toy house? I wonder what excuses he uses if so, I get used salesman vibes from him so I picture some spiel like "this one doesn't have a preacher mindset," "God did not approve this one," and so on. Or could Boob be saving that twin double wedding for when/if tlc wants to pull the plug? So many questions! I've been waiting for a tell all book for about 10 years now! 

That's a good question about Jana. I think all of the reasons you mentioned are quite possible.

I have a really hard time figuring Boob out. I don't know that he is consciously preventing her from courting, but I also don't know that he's actively encouraging it. But I don't doubt that he has his own selfish reasons for the spouses he's approved of, even if it's just that he thinks they seem malleable. I honestly think that might be the most important thing for him--that his children all acquire spouses that he thinks allow him to continue to exert his control and influence. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2016 at 6:57 PM, GeeGolly said:

I thought JB always spouted that the man has to be self-sufficient before he should even pursue a relationship. I got the impression that he was kind of waiting for Ben to man up in that area before he allowed the relationship to progress and Jessa kept threatening to elope.

JB is like a 4 year old and just keeps changing the rules so he can win.

I agree with you about Jessa and Ben. 

I think he likes having son-in-laws that are continuing the family show, but I disagree the Ben and Josiah are the same as Derrick and Jeremy Vuolo. Jeremy and Derrick have college degrees and skills they can fallback on should the show totally fall apart. Jeremy can coach soccer or do something else. Derrick can back to whatever office work he did for Walmart. 

I think future son-in-laws will follow this trend. 

• Love 1

When I was growing up, I was outside until the street lights came on and sun wasn't the enemy back then, so I was always tan.

One of my kids has very, very pale skin, and no matter how careful I was, she always got some color in the Spring & Summer months. Her pediatrician commented that 10 minutes of unfiltered sun a day is recommended, and he would be more worried if my child never went outdoors.

I work with a lot of folks who have to take prescription vitamin D because they tend to isolate indoors.

There is a long spectrum between suntanning & burning and having an unhealthy pallor.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed!

I think it's quite possible that she either doesn't want to undergo the scrutiny of a romance on a television show--and I don't blame her for that--so she quietly resists or that she is uncomfortable enough with being filmed that she shuts down, so the powers that be have decided she isn't a great candidate for a televised courtship, which means no courtship. I also suspect that the family enjoys having her at their beck and call, so even if they are okay with the idea of her finding someone, I don't think they are in any hurry to encourage her to find a husband and leave the house. That'd be a lot of free labor to replace! 

Hmm Typing this has made me wonder if that's why she seems to do more work than the rest of the family. I suspect part of it is her personality, but it might also be a way to hide, so to speak. I know when my family had company, I was more than happy to volunteer to do things like the dishes or whatever  just because it gave me a chance to escape from our visitors and not be accused of being rude. 

Add me to the list of those "guilty" of doing the work to avoid socializing. I always find it interesting that I "meet" so many introverts online whereas I rarely seem to come across them in real life But it does rather make sense. I think more introverts are drawn to communication via forums and other areas where they can express themselves in writing while the extroverts are naturally the ones making themselves more noticeable in the real world.

• Love 16

The kidults singing happy birthday to their sound guy.

I know it's not great and it's pretty snarkable but hey, Jesus isn't mentioned once and it's nice to see Jana looking genuinely happy.

• Love 9

Snapping is okay? Doesn't that show a "backbeat?" 

Love how the video labeled Jer "Jeer." 

I guess this means that the Teen Boys are now considered Kidults and will be part of the upcoming season, although they're not 18 until December? Looks like it. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Group hug???  Duggars gone wild.

Hopefully it was sidehugs all around. Not ready for a rewatch.

I had to watch with mute and admittedly I have watched not a whole lotta' of Dugg but they almost all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Except for maybe whoever that was leaning, knee up, against the tree. Josiah?

Is singing something they do? For instance, that senior ctr. visit, did they sing? Harmonize? I remember being a little freaked when performing and traveling fundie families were on shows like Wife Swap.

I couldn't do anything but stare at Joy's bare feet in that dirt.

I am an avid gardener and I am not super-uptight about getting dirty at all.  But man.  When I wear my sandals outside because I was only planning to grab a handful of herbs but end up working for an hour pulling weeds, tying up plants, etc. it take me ten solid minutes of scrubbing to get my feet clean.  I can't imagine how long it would take Joy to scrub off the pounded-in soil on the bottom of her feet.  Or get it out from under her toenails!  Not to mention the risk of getting stuck or cut on the million sharp things that are literally everywhere outside.

The risk of contracting worms from dog the poop residue that is probably all over that picnic area they are in is reason enough alone to keep your shoes on.  Nasty!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I couldn't do anything but stare at Joy's bare feet in that dirt.

I am an avid gardener and I am not super-uptight about getting dirty at all.  But man.  When I wear my sandals outside because I was only planning to grab a handful of herbs but end up working for an hour pulling weeds, tying up plants, etc. it take me ten solid minutes of scrubbing to get my feet clean.  I can't imagine how long it would take Joy to scrub off the pounded-in soil on the bottom of her feet.  Or get it out from under her toenails!  Not to mention the risk of getting stuck or cut on the million sharp things that are literally everywhere outside.

The risk of contracting worms from dog the poop residue that is probably all over that picnic area they are in is reason enough alone to keep your shoes on.  Nasty!

And if I do rewatch I will not (not) look at Joy's feet.