Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Oh my, that courtship video.  Marjorie has the "courting is dating with a purpose"™ spiel down verbatim.  She doesn't miss a word or skip a beat.  It would have been nice to hear HER point of view, not the Duggars.

Good point. But I guess when you're performing in a play, the authors are very unhappy if you alter the lines they wrote for you. With Marjorie casting an eye toward some kind of show biz career, she probably figured it was all good acting practice -- alongside the great media exposure.

Not that I think she doesn't like Josiah. I think she does. But really the "if you start a courtship now, you can be the stars and the weekly cliffhanger and save the show!" narrative had to be way too good a career-building opportunity for her to pass up. ... At first, anyway.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Not that I've encountered. But then, I live in CA (California, people!) where you can grow anything, sell it at a farmer's market, and eat it that night. 

The only squash the Duggars know is sweet potato; Anna showed everyone "fries" back in the DC days. Jessa also showed a sad attempt with them.

Poor Jason. Watermelons are water and sugar, And he's proud about that sugar. They have no clue that the Glycemic Index exists. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Does America have trouble with bitterness in it's cucumbers? 

I find cucumbers to be bitter sometimes, esp if the skin is left on. I tried growing some one summer and they were really bitter

19 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Jana looked very proud of her son in that video. 

Jason recommends rubbing the tip for 45 seconds to make it less bitter. Oh, Jason. 

This shit just writes itself doesn't it??!!!

4 hours ago, Aja said:

There's a Jason?

I don't know why but this really cracked me up!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Me too. Long-standing forum joke. Original credit: Not Aja :)

• Love 1

Jason points to the cucumbers and says they are cucumbers. Wow. Maybe he just learned that and wanted to share. Also, imagine the mess if the feral children walked around the house eating ripe tomatoes like apples? Dumbest video ever. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jason points to the cucumbers and says they are cucumbers. Wow. Maybe he just learned that and wanted to share. Also, imagine the mess if the feral children walked around the house eating ripe tomatoes like apples? Dumbest video ever. 

Right??? Do you think they have any idea that every FU Interwebs video they do just makes them look worse?

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Does America have trouble with bitterness in it's cucumbers? 

I've had some bitter ones. I was told that some are a little bitter by nature but that bitterness is often caused by certain garden stresses, like getting dried out or too sun-baked or something. Just had a fresh picked one yesterday that was great, but it was young. I would think that if they hang around longer in the garden they can accumulate more stress and that might cause the bitterness chemicals.

I wouldn't count on consistent watering or timely picking at the Duggar house.

Edited by Churchhoney
(edited)

I peel our cucumbers, but mostly I judge them by the cooling effect on a salad.  Which is as good a bad description as I can make...  Was binging on some cooking shows last month and a couple of them made the point of scraping the seeds out of the cucumbers because they are bitter.  If I was making a soup, I think I would try that.

Edited by kassygreene
Because cooking and cooling mean different things.
(edited)
46 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Have they made the connection that pickles are what makes cucumbers?

They made pickles in one episode, but they ate them within the same day. They bought all the ingredients from a supermarket too. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've had some bitter ones. I was told that some are a little bitter by nature but that bitterness is often caused by certain garden stresses, like getting dried out or too sun-baked or something. Just had a fresh picked one yesterday that was great, but it was young. I would think that if they hang around longer in the garden they can accumulate more stress and that might cause the bitterness chemicals.

I wouldn't count on consistent watering or timely picking at the Duggar house.

If ever a garden were stressed, it would be a Duggar garden. Frankly, I'm having a problem believing they eat anything but cheap, starchy stuff from Aldi's.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

They made pickles in one episode, but they ate them within the same day. They bought all the ingredients from a supermarket too. 

I remember that!  How the crap can you make pickles and eat them the same day they were put up?  They couldn't have been very good, IMHO. 

• Love 1

years ago I was watching a cooking show on FoodNetwork.  The chef said to cut off the ends of the cucumbers before peeling or slicing to get rid of the bitterness. Nothing about rubbing the pieces together. 

ON JULY 21, 2016 AT 5:24 PM,  COFCINCI SAID: 

Jason recommends rubbing the tip for 45 seconds to make it less bitter. Oh, Jason. 

10 HOURS AGO,  AJA SAID: 

There's a Jason?

@Natalie68, I know why I got cracked up...rubbing the tip  for 45 seconds makes it less bitter...the possibilities for snark abound, but all roads will lead me to a trip to do penance in the Prayer Closet.  

After Jeremy's stern sermon, I was really surprised any of the Howler Monkeys would ever rub the tip of anything ever again!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I remember that!  How the crap can you make pickles and eat them the same day they were put up?  They couldn't have been very good, IMHO. 

They were making more of an "instant pickle."  They're similar to the slight pickling of cucumber salad but a bit stronger.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

After Jeremy's stern sermon, I was really surprised any of the Howler Monkeys would ever rub the tip of anything ever again!

The poor guys. The cucumbers' are their only outlet.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Being as I went "there," ... I will meet you all in the Prayer Closet. I will be bringing wine once again.

Oh, I think you'd have trouble finding anyone whose mind didn't go "there" after that set-up...This is why the prayer closet is always so crowded. Maybe we need to move it out onto the prayer patio... 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

ON JULY 21, 2016 AT 5:24 PM,  COFCINCI SAID: 

10 HOURS AGO,  AJA SAID: 

There's a Jason?

@Natalie68, I know why I got cracked up...rubbing the tip  for 45 seconds makes it less bitter...the possibilities for snark abound, but all roads will lead me to a trip to do penance in the Prayer Closet.  

I know this video is on here somewhere, but can't find it. Curious to know how he approaches squashing a natural human instinct. Any crib notes? 

On 7/22/2016 at 9:00 AM, Aja said:

On 7/22/2016 at 9:00 AM, Aja said:

There's a Jason?

On 7/22/2016 at 1:46 PM, Aja said:

Me too. Long-standing forum joke. Original credit: Not Aja :)

I actually said this to myself recently about a Bates daughter - I never knew they had a Katie. 

• Love 1

Growing up we grew cucumbers and I was taught to chop off the ends and rub them too!  Never questioned it as a kid or if I did I forgot why. Maybe it's something the Dugs found via Google?

17 hours ago, Readalot said:

Growing up we grew cucumbers and I was taught to chop off the ends and rub them too!  Never questioned it as a kid or if I did I forgot why. Maybe it's something the Dugs found via Google?

We all know they aren't allowed to find much on Google...can't let the mind go wandering too much there. Besides, cucumbers are slippery slopes since they gave a phallic shape....I'll see myself out...(trudges off to prayer closet)...

• Love 1

The Duggar girls, happily ensconsed with their pickles after meeting with Bill Gothard at JTTH, will join you. NIKE! NIKE!!!!! NIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b7c905560034753acd2b33047c3ac87d.jpg

Muffy looks like a pro. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Aja said:

That photo always bothered me. The girls are innocent, but there is no way that the men that oversee their lives/everything they post/everything they eat/do/think are so innocent. I get a "Gothard tipping us a wink" vibe and it's foul. That is quite possibly a whole lotta projection, but it bugs.

Since the girls are so wholesome, I had a feeling they had no idea how this might look. It's all over the Internet. Jessa and Jill also learned not to show their toes after they unknowingly got pictures of their feet plastered all over the foot fetish site Wikifeet....

I learned a long time ago from working in a largely male dominated field that a girl needed to be careful with bananas, ice cream cones, pickles, popsicles, lollipops, hot dogs, etc.. In fact, long before the Internet, flight attendants were prohibited from eating any of these foods while in uniform.  For all the modesty rules these girls have, I'm really surprised their mom never warned them about this.  HOW she would have had to explain it might have caused more questions than answers though.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Since the girls are so wholesome, I had a feeling they had no idea how this might look. It's all over the Internet. Jessa and Jill also learned not to show their toes after they unknowingly got pictures of their feet plastered all over the foot fetish site Wikifeet....

I learned a long time ago from working in a largely male dominated field that a girl needed to be careful with bananas, ice cream cones, pickles, popsicles, lollipops, hot dogs, etc.. In fact, long before the Internet, flight attendants were prohibited from eating any of these foods while in uniform.  For all the modesty rules these girls have, I'm really surprised their mom never warned them about this.  HOW she would have had to explain it might have caused more questions than answers though.

Precisely. I was raised sheltered (but, like, NORMAL sheltered...I still went to public school and had friends and hugged people) and I would have had no idea what that photo looked like when I was 12-13-14 years old, so can only imagine how clueless these girls must be. But I find it extremely unlikely that the adult, self-appointed "spiritual leader" patriarchs are that stupid. Fundy families have no problem advertising their daughters like cattle. Jim Bob does it all the time. That photo is just gross to me.

ETA: the other possibility is that the patriarchs ARE that stupid and had no idea what that kind of reaction that photo would have on the internet, in which case they shouldn't be leading a conga line, much less other human beings.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 9
(edited)

I'm actually embarassed for the girls that this picture is posted everywhere. The girls have no clue. We all know that these girls were young and had no clue what this looks like. 

Who took the picture? Men? Filthy dirty men who enjoyed watched teen girls eat a pickle? 

Personally, I'm surprised that Jim Bob allows all that pickle talk on the show. Jim Bob can't be that stupid, can he? I know he is an ass but anyone who can dry hump their wife on a golf course certainly knows that eating pickles is a sexual image.  

Might explain a bit more about Josh... 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Jim Bob can't be that stupid, can he? I know he is an ass but anyone who can dry hump their wife on a golf course certainly knows that eating pickles is a sexual image.  

I'm of two minds about this. Thinking it's possible DumDum JB is so stupid that when you change a penis for a pickle, he's too dumb to make the metaphorical leap. Sort of in the vein of DumDum Michelle's "Feet aren't sexual!" comment.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
(edited)

I kind of wonder if the married girls even would understand why this photo might look dirty... Would they even know that the act that photo is implying is possible? I'm laughing over here thinking about Ben or Derick asking their wives for that... Especially Jill's reaction. 

Edited by Bitter Betty
  • Love 7
(edited)

One wonders if even the marrieds are even aware of it. What is in that book by Dr. Wheat, aside from a rendering of the female reproductive region minus its pleasure center?

Now Jeremy....he's been in locker rooms with "regular" guys. HE knows. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

I kind of wonder if the married girls even would understand why this photo might look dirty... Would they even know that the act that photo is implying is possible? I'm laughing over here thinking about Ben or Derick asking their wives for that... Especially Jill's reaction. 

I think the only thing Gothard and other Gothard approved literature encourages is straight up plain vanilla missionary every day but Sunday.

Not quite. No sex during menstruation or seven days afterward. Or on Sunday. 

Looky where you are in your cycle when the guy is about ready to burst. I'm pretty sure the senior Duggars adhere to this schedule, but I forget where I read it. 

Who knows what the younger generation does? Smuggar is a bloody horndog who probably demands sex even during that time of the month. Dude couldn't keep it zipped, no matter what he was doing before Jesus Jail. 

I feel so sorry for all the females in this lifestyle. Who knows what they're told about what to expect, or when they learn the truth? Do Jessa and Jill have to keep the sex talk away from Jinger, Jana, and Joy, even though they're all adult women? Will Mechelle or Jessa take Jinger aside to teach her about the birds and the bees (dryhumping displays notwithstanding).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

One wonders if even the marrieds are even aware of it. What is in that book by Dr. Wheat, aside from a rendering of the female reproductive region minus its pleasure center?

Now Jeremy....he's been in locker rooms with "regular" guys. HE knows.

Yup. That asshole sure knows.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not quite. No sex during menstruation or seven days afterward. Or on Sunday. 

Looky where you are in your cycle when the guy is about ready to burst. I'm pretty sure the senior Duggars adhere to this schedule, but I forget where I read it. 

Who knows what the younger generation does? Smuggar is a bloody horndog who probably demands sex even during that time of the month. Dude couldn't keep it zipped, no matter what he was doing before Jesus Jail. 

I feel so sorry for all the females in this lifestyle. Who knows what they're told about what to expect, or when they learn the truth? Do Jessa and Jill have to keep the sex talk away from Jinger, Jana, and Joy, even though they're all adult women? Will Mechelle or Jessa take Jinger aside to teach her about the birds and the bees (dryhumping displays notwithstanding).

Assuming that Josh doesn't want to get Anna pregnant, and that he also complies with the cult rules (and finds blood gross), how many safe days are there?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

I've been seeing Marjorie popping up a lot in these threads recently. Is she back? Did I miss something?

She's been seen hanging around with Sierra and some of the Duggar girls.  She's got some small business stuff going too.

You could be right about Marjorie, this is from the Counting on Page.

'Here are the top 5 things we're most excited about for the new season:

Jinger and Jeremy's courtship bliss.

Jill and Derick are returning to Arkansas after a year of balancing mission work and raising their 1 1/2 year-old son in Central America.

Ben and Jessa are experiencing all the excitement of being new parents and possible plans for adoption, while Ben simultaneously organizes a football camp with ex-NFL players to mentor kids.

Joy, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah are reaching a milestone with high school graduation rapidly approaching.

John David, Joseph and Josiah could be seeking new relationships.'

• Love 2

I had to laugh that they mention "graduating high school." Jer, Jed and Joy are probably sixth grade level at best. 

I think Joe has a legit chance of finding a girl. JD is a lost cause and I'm not sure if Si even wants one.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jana is the only kidult not mentioned there. Perhaps her new gardening duties are not considered exciting enough for a mention.

Edited by larfs
  • Love 3