Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Talk

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

I think we should start a Go Fund Me page for a stylist for MJ.

Ouch, that red one-piece old underwear jumpsuit thing. Was looking for the flap on the butt.

Shah's version of Vickie.

True! LOL They both buy their clothes from the clearance rack at Fredrick's of Hollywood! LOL 

• Love 2

I find everyone's dislike of Asa so interesting. Regardless of her baby lies I can't find it in myself to care that she didn't tell them the truth. The ones she actually likes still get caught up in baby bastard talk, and then there's psycho ass MJ who would have been pissed no matter how Asa became pregnant.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

I find everyone's dislike of Asa so interesting. Regardless of her baby lies I can't find it in myself to care that she didn't tell them the truth. The ones she actually likes still get caught up in baby bastard talk, and then there's psycho ass MJ who would have been pissed no matter how Asa became pregnant.

The problem is that Asa called out the others for not being open/honest about their lives on the show but she is the most secretive of them all. Asa is a hypocrite and she is mean to the bone, just like her bf Reza. Oh, and we have Reza to thank for the jealous fighting between Asa and MJ, he plays them against each other all the time. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The problem is that Asa called out the others for not being open/honest about their lives on the show but she is the most secretive of them all. Asa is a hypocrite and she is mean to the bone, just like her bf Reza. Oh, and we have Reza to thank for the jealous fighting between Asa and MJ, he plays them against each other all the time. 

Yeah, I don't care. Not telling your friends you're pregnant isn't the same as giggling while your mom shits on a friends clothing line or cheating on your wife and lying about it. 

Like, I've heard yalls reasoning. I just can't get there lol. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

Yeah, I don't care. Not telling your friends you're pregnant isn't the same as giggling while your mom shits on a friends clothing line or cheating on your wife and lying about it. 

Like, I've heard yalls reasoning. I just can't get there lol. 

I get what you are saying but MJ has never been able to stop Vida from saying anything and Asa knows this all better than most but still expects MJ to defend her when MJ can't even defend herself from Vida's attacks. As for Mike, it is up to him to share what he wants on camera just as much as it is for Asa, she can't demand he share something painful/embarrassing when she won't share joyful news. Asa has shared the least about her life out of all the SoS.

I also can't get past that Asa helps Reza blindside the others like she does. She is as nasty, petty, jealous as the rest of them. Oh, and she/MJ are fighting over a piece of crap named Reza, who would sell them both for 5 more minutes of Bravoleberty time. LOL

6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Reza is still a vile piece of shit and I hate that no one blames him for the gossipy back stabbed he is and always has been.

I agree. Why is it that none of the other SoS have called him out on his nasty games? 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Asa, Asa, Asa. What are you doing wearing your shoes in the house?! This Persian here is totally judging you for that. ;) 

I think it's something pregnant women have to do.

Hey you guys -- you don't suppose -- maybe Asa...?

• Love 4

The pic of GG eating watermelon as a little girl was fucking crazy cute. Her dad's turkey seemed to be juicy and delicious. They raised two batshit crazy kids but the fact that they could all bond over backgammon was random and sweet.

There seems to be so much left on the cutting room floor. The convo with GG and Annalise seemed to indicate that Annalise knew that Shervin slept with Tara but it was okay in terms of their relationship.

I don't think Jermaine thinks he is too famous to be on this shit show just that he doesn't want to be on it which I don't blame him for but I do think it's interesting that Latoya and Paris have appeared and Jermaine Sr. who adores the camera hasn't. It does make me wonder about Jr. and Sr.'s relationship. That doesn't make me think that Asa isn't full of shit about why they cant talk about her relationship.

Alas, I didn't watch the WWHL but I am still not certain about Asa's pregnancy. She said they froze embryos when she was 36 so that wouldn't be at the same time as when MJ froze her eggs. Also, MJ said she froze her eggs when she was with Tommy and given the success rate of freezing eggs vs. embryos why MJ went the egg route would be interesting to know. I would suggest the reunion which was filmed last week would address it but I can't imagine it will.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

The pic of GG eating watermelon as a little girl was fucking crazy cute. Her dad's turkey seemed to be juicy and delicious. They raised two batshit crazy kids but the fact that they could all bond over backgammon was random and sweet.

There seems to be so much left on the cutting room floor. The convo with GG and Annalise seemed to indicate that Annalise knew that Shervin slept with Tara but it was okay in terms of their relationship.

I don't think Jermaine thinks he is too famous to be on this shit show just that he doesn't want to be on it which I don't blame him for but I do think it's interesting that Latoya and Paris have appeared and Jermaine Sr. who adores the camera hasn't. It does make me wonder about Jr. and Sr.'s relationship. That doesn't make me think that Asa isn't full of shit about why they cant talk about her relationship.

Alas, I didn't watch the WWHL but I am still not certain about Asa's pregnancy. She said they froze embryos when she was 36 so that wouldn't be at the same time as when MJ froze her eggs. Also, MJ said she froze her eggs when she was with Tommy and given the success rate of freezing eggs vs. embryos why MJ went the egg route would be interesting to know. I would suggest the reunion which was filmed last week would address it but I can't imagine it will.

I think Andy and MJ will try to get Asa to talk about this but I see Asa doing her normal slight of hand act refusing to answer any questions while trying to make those asking look like they are attacking her (like she did Mike when he brought up her cold behavior when MJ was talking about her dying father). As for why MJ didn't go the fertilized egg route, I suspect it was because she was unsure she/Tommy would stand the test of time, so she kept her (baby daddy) options open.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for why MJ didn't go the fertilized egg route, I suspect it was because she was unsure she/Tommy would stand the test of time, so she kept her (baby daddy) options open.

Which might be true but if she wants a child who is genetically related to her it is most likely still a waste of money.

8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Which might be true but if she wants a child who is genetically related to her it is most likely still a waste of money.

Any egg that is fertilized at a later date from her frozen egg stash will be genetically related to her but if she had the eggs fertilized with Tommy's sperm and they broke up, she would be having his baby even if she was then with another guy (if they couldn't retrieve new eggs that is). MJ is getting to the age where healthy egg retrieval is getting less likely.

• Love 1

I was so happy for GG getting her hearing aids!! Those babies are a godsend for hearing loss! 

GG's sister needs to take a seat...behave like a grown up not a jealous kid. 

I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing MJ again. That red onesies. So NOOOOOOO.

• Love 3

Asa is such a nasty POS.  I was so glad Mike called her out that when MJ was crying about her dad and Asa was taking pics of food....and she didn't even really try to defend it.  I wanted him to slap that snotty ass look off her face.  Then when Reza was at her dinner she had the same snotty look.  IMO she is 100x worse than MJ & GG combined.  At least with them you know where you stand...and you know how they are because they put it all out there.  Asa is nothing but a phony and a user.  Sorry, but as much as Reza thinks they are friends, I don't think Asa is his friend at all...I don't think she thinks of any of them as friends.

eta GG sister is AWFUL.  Just horrid.  I know GG has her issues but they way her sister was smirking at her while she was yelling was awful.  She just likes to push her buttons to get her to go off and then gloat about it.  Honestly I hope when the parents are no longer of this earth that GG just walks away from her for good.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think I saw Jermaine Jr. on Tito's sons reality show but it was veeeeery brief.  All the boy Jacksons had a bonfire and he was there. He just doesn't seem interested in tv at all

MJ is jealousy personified.  I understand (and even have compassion) for what she is going through with her dad.   It’s heartbreaking and devastating.  Given what she has shared about her relationship with her dad and how mean her mother is I can understand the impact this will have on her.   Everything that is going on with Asa and her pregnancy stems from MJ’s jealousy.  I think she is hurt, upset, angry that Asa is pregnant.  The IVF is just an easy excuse to explain her anger with Asa instead of the truth and it being as simple as she is green with envy .  I think if any close female friend would announce they are pregnant she would act the same passive aggressive jealous way. Asa continues to dig herself into a hole of self-absorption.  She could acknowledge that although she, personally, is not the cause of MJ’s jealousy  she can at least recognize how her happiness can affect MJ, the IVF etc. 

What I don’t understand is why MJ and GG feel this all-consuming need to tell Shervin’s girlfriend that there are cheating rumors?  What business is it of yours?  It’s not like you are close friends with her in fact you barely know her and can probably count on one hoof hand how many times you have met.   And to do it when you are a guest in Shervin’s home, WTF!?!?!?   They both have enough skeletons in their own closets that they need to stay out of his. His is already full. 

Edited by NYCNJbear06
  • Love 13

Warning: unpopular opinion.

While I detest every single person on this show, I probably detest Asa the least (maybe Shervin).  MJ has been horrible to her throughout the years; how about a private conversation to share your feelings instead of bashing her in a group setting or at an important event?  Why should Asa share anything with a person she does not trust?  As far as Asa asking MJ a million questions about freezing eggs, maybe it was for the cameras, or maybe she was trying to be there for her and give her a chance to talk about it and ask questions to show she was engaged.

I do not care whether her baby was naturally conceived or from IVF.  While I can't relate personally, some friends have experienced infertility, and each copes differently.  Some are an open book; others keep it to themselves, and I know not to ask.  Either way, the emotions are intense and not always best shared on national television and/or with one's Bravo-curated group of friends.  

In general, I always get the feeling that every storyline on this show is scripted, by the cast themselves, so that there is a reason for a show.  (Clearly, this season's theme was babies.)

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, TVGlow said:

Warning: unpopular opinion.

While I detest every single person on this show, I probably detest Asa the least (maybe Shervin).  MJ has been horrible to her throughout the years; how about a private conversation to share your feelings instead of bashing her in a group setting or at an important event?  Why should Asa share anything with a person she does not trust?  As far as Asa asking MJ a million questions about freezing eggs, maybe it was for the cameras, or maybe she was trying to be there for her and give her a chance to talk about it and ask questions to show she was engaged.

I do not care whether her baby was naturally conceived or from IVF.  While I can't relate personally, some friends have experienced infertility, and each copes differently.  Some are an open book; others keep it to themselves, and I know not to ask.  Either way, the emotions are intense and not always best shared on national television and/or with one's Bravo-curated group of friends.  

In general, I always get the feeling that every storyline on this show is scripted, by the cast themselves, so that there is a reason for a show.  (Clearly, this season's theme was babies.)

Then why would Asa feel the need to quiz MJ about her experience with egg retrieval/freezing if she doesn't like/trust MJ? She does it to give MJ the false impression that she cares about her to gather info to use against her in the future. MJ is open about her feelings, whereas Asa is hides hers! MJ is a rattle snake, you know she is there about to strike if you get too close, while Asa is the cobra, she quietly slithers up, blinds you, then kills you with her bite. LOL

As for the IVF debate, Asa, herself, made that a question because of her ever changing stories. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

MJ is a rattle snake, you know she is there about to strike if you get too close, while Asa is the cobra, she quietly slithers up, blinds you, then kills you with her bite. LOL

I can agree they are both snakes!  I do not recall Asa being deliberately malicious to one of her fellow cast members (but my memory is terrible) and give Asa the benefit of the doubt over the others in this case.

1 hour ago, TVGlow said:

I can agree they are both snakes!  I do not recall Asa being deliberately malicious to one of her fellow cast members (but my memory is terrible) and give Asa the benefit of the doubt over the others in this case.

Last season when Asa watched GG get chemo for her RA, not only did Asa not support her friend when GG's mom got upset at her during the treatment but then Asa also never stopped Reza calling GG a liar/faker about her RA/chemo either. Then, Asa didn't call Reza out for that nasty trick he pulled on GG/them with those letters, she stood by Reza the whole time, including when he again call GG a liar about getting chemo for her RA and she didn't stop him attacking GG at the reunion. Last season proved to me what I have suspected since the show began years ago, that Asa is worse that MJ, GG, Mike, Sherv and is on par with nasty, bitter Reza.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, nexxie said:

More like two houses chock full of turkeys!

That's not very nice! I have a rafter of turkeys who live on my property. I've fed them for years and each spring they bring their babies to my door to be fed. I can tell you with 100% certainty that my turkeys are smarter, more mature and have much better behavior than any of these idiots.  The turkeys are also better looking. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Asa is a gaslight-et and those are the worst types because they make you doubt yourself, when they are the ones in the wrong.  Asa went on and on about how spiritual her experience was in Israel when she met with the religious leaders, she said that the others, because they didn't have a good experience, were not as spiritual as she.  No, she sent them out with a camera and told them to interview random people and when they didn't have a good experience she said it was THEIR fault.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Now why did the lady tell people she was sleeping with Shervin? Did she think she could tie him down?

Maybe she let it slip to one person and then Shervin started calling her ugly and not his type so she went scorched Earth on Shervin. He appears to confess in episode 10.

19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

MJ is getting to the age where healthy egg retrieval is getting less likely.

MJ is past the age where a frozen egg will likely to result in pregnancy versus a frozen embryo and I can't imagine her doctor didn't tell her that. Also, if she has her eggs frozen than why is she continuing to do this naturally with Tommy, it think MJ doesn't want to be a mother and this is all faked for the show.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Last season when Asa watched GG get chemo for her RA, not only did Asa not support her friend when GG's mom got upset at her during the treatment but then Asa also never stopped Reza calling GG a liar/faker about her RA/chemo either. Then, Asa didn't call Reza out for that nasty trick he pulled on GG/them with those letters, she stood by Reza the whole time, including when he again call GG a liar about getting chemo for her RA and she didn't stop him attacking GG at the reunion. Last season proved to me what I have suspected since the show began years ago, that Asa is worse that MJ, GG, Mike, Sherv and is on par with nasty, bitter Reza.

It's been many seasons ago but I thought Asa took part in that whole debacle when Reza decided to turn on MJ. I think they were all on vacation at the time and started going through all MJ's personal stuff.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Asa is a gaslight-et and those are the worst types because they make you doubt yourself, when they are the ones in the wrong.  Asa went on and on about how spiritual her experience was in Israel when she met with the religious leaders, she said that the others, because they didn't have a good experience, were not as spiritual as she.  No, she sent them out with a camera and told them to interview random people and when they didn't have a good experience she said it was THEIR fault.  

There is something wrong with the Rhamati family. The way, they treat Asa does not seem natural to me.

They are unnaturally sweet and caters to her way too much, Imo.

Also, did his brother ever speak on the show?

All that pretentious artsy crap rings false as well, but if she can manage to make a buck out of it more power to her.

As far as her baby, while it is crude and insensitive to call him a bastard, it is technically correct.

he was born out of wedlock. It is no big deal, imo.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Peper81 said:

It's been many seasons ago but I thought Asa took part in that whole debacle when Reza decided to turn on MJ. I think they were all on vacation at the time and started going through all MJ's personal stuff.  

She/they did! Asa has helped Reza go after every single cast member every season, she is Reza's partner in all of it.

• Love 3

I know this is a callous to say, but honestly, if MJ is that desperate for a child, she *could* just adopt, or even foster. I get that people who desperately want to be moms generally want to have their own spawn, but what is it that you want more? To birth a mini-me and admire your own genes or to nurture a child, related to you or not, to become a decent human being and give them unconditional love? Or does she just want to have the attention of being pregnant and complaining about all the pregnancy symptoms and blah blah blah. Besides MJ, darling, you can't wear skin-tight jumpsuits when you're pregnant. Then you'll really look like Santa Claus!! I just can't with these women who treat children as accessories and things to show off. MJ is not a good role model. She'd be to her child what Vida is to MJ, even if she thinks she could never be as crappy a mother as her own.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

if MJ is that desperate for a child, she *could* just adopt

Vida barely tolerates her own child there is no way in hell she would accept a child who she wasn't tied to through DNA as her grandchild.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

This back and forth is Moot. MJ is a convicted felon. No adoption for her.

This isn't true at least not in California given the nature of the crime and when it happened and that's not even talking private adoptions. The home visit on the other hand could be an issue.  I think it's a Moot point because MJ doesn't want to be a parent.

I  think MJ wants to have a child for her dad more than herself…and to make Vida at least change her insults (as she'll never stop them).

Asa's still super shady; and despite the extra drama, Shervin's dinner looked more enjoyable than hers.

GG hearing fully & her surprise at how loud she was--super cute!  I'm glad for her, her genuine joy was palpable; she looked like a kid at Christmas getting exactly what she wanted from Santa.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I  think MJ wants to have a child for her dad more than herself…and to make Vida at least change her insults (as she'll never stop them).

Asa's still super shady; and despite the extra drama, Shervin's dinner looked more enjoyable than hers.

GG hearing fully & her surprise at how loud she was--super cute!  I'm glad for her, her genuine joy was palpable; she looked like a kid at Christmas getting exactly what she wanted from Santa.

Shervin's looked more enjoyable because skeevy Reza and Adam weren't there.

• Love 2

MJ takes steps to renovate her condominium; Shervin and Annalise have an unwanted guest who brings some unwanted news; GG's boyfriend helps her pack; Reza plans to put on a play of his own; MJ tells her mother that she wants to have a baby.

Leila did not attend Shervin's Thanksgiving dinner for her father. She wanted some camera time and clearly had a plan to obtain some. I've always considered Leila to be the more respectable and level-headed of the Gharachedaghi sisters--she attended university, got an advanced degree and had a family which she is able to support financially . However, Leila has fallen steeply in my estimation in the past few years. She's given up her professional career as attorney and carried on an illicit dalliance with Mike while he was still married to Jessica for what? Making the occasional appearance on a Bravo show and selling stories to the media?  And now she's accusing GG of abusing her children? Fame whoring is not a pretty look.

I know Leila and GG have a contentious relationship, but I'm wondering just how scripted Leila's outburst was because everything blew over pretty quickly. It was interesting that Leila chose to stay and black backgammon rather than leave like she threatened--probably so she could have additional time on film.

I don't think Shervin's horror at GG pulling Analise aside was fake, though. He seemed genuinely terrified of the secrets GG might spill.

Asa is a snake in the grass. She was clearly very disturbed by Reza's presence at her T-day dinner, yet she tolerated him with a half smirk on her face through out the evening. I bet that was one very uncomfortable evening at the Rahmati residence. Does anyone know if Reza and Asa are still close? Previously I could see Asa naming Reza her baby's godfather (maybe not...I'm sure that honor would probably go to a Jackson), but now I'm wondering if he has even seen the baby let alone have any involvement in its life.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rahul said:

Leila did not attend Shervin's Thanksgiving dinner for her father. She wanted some camera time and clearly had a plan to obtain some. I've always considered Leila to be the more respectable and level-headed of the Gharachedaghi sisters--she attended university, got an advanced degree and had a family which she is able to support financially . However, Leila has fallen steeply in my estimation in the past few years. She's given up her professional career as attorney and carried on an illicit dalliance with Mike while he was still married to Jessica for what? Making the occasional appearance on a Bravo show and selling stories to the media?  And now she's accusing GG of abusing her children? Fame whoring is not a pretty look.

I know Leila and GG have a contentious relationship, but I'm wondering just how scripted Leila's outburst was because everything blew over pretty quickly. It was interesting that Leila chose to stay and black backgammon rather than leave like she threatened--probably so she could have additional time on film.

I don't think Shervin's horror at GG pulling Analise aside was fake, though. He seemed genuinely terrified of the secrets GG might spill.

Asa is a snake in the grass. She was clearly very disturbed by Reza's presence at her T-day dinner, yet she tolerated him with a half smirk on her face through out the evening. I bet that was one very uncomfortable evening at the Rahmati residence. Does anyone know if Reza and Asa are still close? Previously I could see Asa naming Reza her baby's godfather (maybe not...I'm sure that honor would probably go to a Jackson), but now I'm wondering if he has even seen the baby let alone have any involvement in its life.

IMO, Leila is more thirsty than any other family member on any Bravo show has ever been and I suspect that she resents that GG got on this show more as each season passes. I also suspect her affair with Mike had more to do with wanting to become a cast member replacing her sister, Yes, I believe she is THAT jealous of GG. Oh, and Leila stayed to secure camera time, not because she wanted to spend any time with her father, again, IMO.

When Asa was on WWHL 2-3 weeks ago, she said that none of the cast has seen her baby yet and that MJ would never, ever see him. I doubt that Reza will ever see him unless she decides to use that as a storyline next season. I can see her allowing everyone except MJ to see him off camera and then making sure MJ knows about it.

• Love 5
On 9/17/2017 at 11:41 PM, NYCFree said:

Amongst my many bad parenting choices, my 15 year old son and I watch a lot of Bravo together. He's hearing impaired and is going through a phase where he doesn't want to wear his hearing aids (he's had them since he was 5 and it's only been an issue this past year). I kept pausing the tv to discuss what GG was saying moment by moment---"wow, she had trouble in school because she didn't wear hearing aids". "Oh, she's had trouble socially for a long time since she's been isolated by not clearly hearing what people are saying." Finally "seriously kid, do you want to end up like GG?" The last one is unfair of me because I do think she's trying to improve herself.

Without using hearing aids I never would have made it through to college.  However, I never would have made it through college and beyond without using ASL.  I should have been taught it as a child, but things were different back then and they pushed for oral even for kids who struggled to be completely oral.

Does your son have any friends who are D/deaf/HoH?  I hate the term hearing impaired myself, that's why you see Hard of Hearing to represent those who do not need visual cues to understand speech.  If you do need visual cues to understand speech, then you are considered deaf.  Anyway, finding a group of D/deaf/HoH could help him become more comfortable in himself.  You'll always see people wearing hearing aids and cochlear implants in the group and not being shy about it at all.  They'll be talking about what fancy colored molds or hearing aids or how they decorated their most recent hearing aid.  If you PM me I can help find a group in your area.  I would also definitely have him consider learning to sign just because of how much easier it made my classes, especially if in the long run as an adult he decides to ditch the hearing aids.  I had to ditch them, they no longer made them strong enough.  Now there are a few that are strong enough but they will cost me about 15k every three years, four if I'm lucky and that's the cost of a car.  Only part of that is covered by insurance, not enough to make a difference.  Thank goodness I did learn to sign, I've lost even more hearing since then.

Oh, and I was also fucked up socially because of my hearing, even though I had hearing aids from the age of 7.  My mother knew I had hearing loss and refused to do anything but the damage was already done to me, socially speaking.  As an adult it's easier to navigate, but that comes with an acceptance of hearing loss and experience knowing what to do when others treat you badly or wrongly when they find out you can't hear.

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 7

I acknowledge Asa has the right to do and tell whatever she wants but here's a couple of things. One is, why not just be upfront about the IVF or whatever it was? Two, do not behave as if you are this poor, put upon, victim when it clearly showed people helping you. Three, I wouldn't in my right mind ever travel the verseas late in a pregnancy let alone somewhere as dangerous as Israel. Use some sense Asa! And lastly, wanting peace and unity is fine but Asa seems very naive.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Without using hearing aids I never would have made it through to college.  However, I never would have made it through college and beyond without using ASL.  I should have been taught it as a child, but things were different back then and they pushed for oral even for kids who struggled to be completely oral.

Does your son have any friends who are D/deaf/HoH?  I hate the term hearing impaired myself, that's why you see Hard of Hearing to represent those who do not need visual cues to understand speech.  If you do need visual cues to understand speech, then you are considered deaf.  Anyway, finding a group of D/deaf/HoH could help him become more comfortable in himself.  You'll always see people wearing hearing aids and cochlear implants in the group and not being shy about it at all.  They'll be talking about what fancy colored molds or hearing aids or how they decorated their most recent hearing aid.  If you PM me I can help find a group in your area.  I would also definitely have him consider learning to sign just because of how much easier it made my classes, especially if in the long run as an adult he decides to ditch the hearing aids.  I had to ditch them, they no longer made them strong enough.  Now there are a few that are strong enough but they will cost me about 15k every three years, four if I'm lucky and that's the cost of a car.  Only part of that is covered by insurance, not enough to make a difference.  Thank goodness I did learn to sign, I've lost even more hearing since then.

Oh, and I was also fucked up socially because of my hearing, even though I had hearing aids from the age of 7.  My mother knew I had hearing loss and refused to do anything but the damage was already done to me, socially speaking.  As an adult it's easier to navigate, but that comes with an acceptance of hearing loss and experience knowing what to do when others treat you badly or wrongly when they find out you can't hear.

I gratefully PMed you.

• Love 3