Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Talk

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

The Western Wall is not just a cultural icon, or a tourist site, it is a synagogue and 90% of the people who go there are Jews wanting to pray, and men and women are not allowed to see each other when they pray. When someone is directly near the Wall, it is disrespectful to take selfies, chat loudly, dress immodestly, or draw a lot of attention to oneself, because it bothers the majority of people who come to pray, just like in a very very conservative place of worship. 

I stand by my original statement, the God I believe in wouldn't be cool with separation.  Separation of the sexes doesn't have anything to do with God, but with man.  YMMV.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I stand by my original statement, the God I believe in wouldn't be cool with separation.  Separation of the sexes doesn't have anything to do with God, but with man.  YMMV.

It's not about what God wants, it's about tradition. And respect for the beliefs of the other people there.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

In every Orthodox synagogue the men and women sit separately.  Men and women do not dance together or even in front of each other, married women wear a shetle (a wig) because the women's hair is only for her husband to see in privacy.  Men do not touch or shake hands with women other than their wives (especially in case they have their period), there are a zillion laws that are a zillion years old...it is what it is and we have to respect it. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, gunderda said:

Did GG say she had a problem with the separation?  I thought she just mentioned that she didn't like how the men had a much MUCH larger space than the women. 

She said both.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2017 at 9:12 PM, Bronzedog said:

Destiny was my least favorite person on the People's Couch.  They didn't need to resurrect her for this show.

I don't think Tommy is going to be too happy seeing MJs behavior with that random guy.

OMG!!!   That's where I recognize her from!!!  I could not place her and it was driving me nuts!!!  Is she Persian?? 

Where is her BFF??  They were very funny together!! 

On August 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

In every Orthodox synagogue the men and women sit separately.  Men and women do not dance together or even in front of each other, married women wear a shetle (a wig) because the women's hair is only for her husband to see in privacy.  Men do not touch or shake hands with women other than their wives (especially in case they have their period), there are a zillion laws that are a zillion years old...it is what it is and we have to respect it. 

Here's my thing.  I went to school with some women who became Orthodox.  Nothing wrong with it.  I see it as more a cultural thing than a religious one.  I don't have a problem with culture, as long as you don't say it makes you holier than other people.

6 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Is she Persian?? 

Where is her BFF??  They were very funny together!! 

Yes, she is Persian they mentioned it a few times. Cathy was her sister not her BFF so maybe of she stays on Cathy will show up.

• Love 1

Reza's voice was very loud. Especially when he was speaking about his distaste for Muslims pre going to the Wall. (Well at the Shabbat dinner too). 

The pin on his suit lapel looked like a white octopus. Was I seeing it wrong? 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Reza's voice was very loud. Especially when he was speaking about his distaste for Muslims pre going to the Wall. (Well at the Shabbat dinner too). 

The pin on his suit lapel looked like a white octopus. Was I seeing it wrong? 

Ummm...Hail Hydra!

• Love 2
On 8/16/2017 at 6:35 PM, Willowsmom said:

It's not about what God wants, it's about tradition. And respect for the beliefs of the other people there.

Exactly but I would say it's about what God wants and also tradition.  

On 8/14/2017 at 5:12 PM, WireWrap said:

Reza only became "uncomfortable" in the Muslim section/neighborhood when Mike got him worked up about them being there. Mike was disrespectful there, even more so than GG at the Western Wall, claiming they were going to be killed. 

Mike didn't participate 2 seasons ago when they went to the Mosque in Turkey, he sat outside and complained the whole time. Also, Reza made disgusting comments about the women wearing berkas in Turkey as well. 

I don't remember Mike complaining in the distainful manner that Gigi did, of it just being a wall and tearing it down. What Mike explained was that he was uncomfortable and wouldn't go into the mosque, that hearing the prayers brought back stories he heard of his mother frightened and crying and pregnant with Mike when living amid the unrest in Iran especally when she would hear the protest chanting and also the call to prayer.  Mike never said anything disrespectful of Islam, it's religious structures nor the way muslims worship. He never said it was just a building or it's just a cube, and that he wanted it torn down. GG's comments sunk to that low level.

As a non Muslim, non Jew I'd love to visit Mecca and Israel. The history, the culture, the architecture, the people are all fascinating. 

I'm a believer that we all are more alike than not alike. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Exactly but I would say it's about what God wants and also tradition.  

I don't remember Mike complaining in the distainful manner that Gigi did, of it just being a wall and tearing it down. What Mike explained was that he was uncomfortable and wouldn't go into the mosque, that hearing the prayers brought back stories he heard of his mother frightened and crying and pregnant with Mike when living amid the unrest in Iran especally when she would hear the protest chanting and also the call to prayer.  Mike never said anything disrespectful of Islam, it's religious structures nor the way muslims worship. He never said it was just a building or it's just a cube, and that he wanted it torn down. GG's comments sunk to that low level.

As a non Muslim, non Jew I'd love to visit Mecca and Israel. The history, the culture, the architecture, the people are all fascinating. 

I'm a believer that we all are more alike than not alike. 

I'm not so sure about that, Mike talks about his fear of being killed by Muslims and GG wants to tear down things she sees as barriers to her religion.

• Love 3

33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not so sure about that, Mike talks about his fear of being killed by Muslims and GG wants to tear down things she sees as barriers to her religion.

Mike was talking about fear of being harmed. GG was saying the Western Wall was "just a wall" , and she wanted to tear it down, an inflamitory statement, it would be like Mike in a voice over saying the Kabbah was just a cube and saying it should come down while visiting Mecca (I know a visit can never happen.)

It's disrespectful of of the preciousness Jews and Muslims hold of those sacred places of worship. 

Mike said nothing of the sort about the mosques in Turkey when they were there. He spoke of fear.

GG may see the wall as representative of one of her many perceived barriers. The language she chose to use is very imflamitory and aggressive. Radicals on both sides have called for the destruction of the Western Wall and the Al Aqsa Mosque. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Giselle said:

"just a wall" , and she wanted to tear it down, an inflamitory statement

She said because behind that was a mosque and temple and saw it as a barrier to bridging the divide between religions. I am not saying that it wasn't a stupid statement but the context is important.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She said because behind that was a mosque and temple and saw it as a barrier to bridging the divide between religions. I am not saying that it wasn't a stupid statement but the context is important.

GG's just not articulate enough to talk about any subject outside of makeup and clothing unfortunately! She'll always embarrass herself whenever she tries to be serious about anything! I can't get past her past violent behavior; esp. against her pregnant sister! That kind of out of control behavior just can't be overlooked and forgotten again and again! That swipe at Reza last year causing those scratches on Adam's neck would have been it! Call me small, but I just don't have universal forgiveness to give! People like that play on 'that' which enables them to continue acting out! You can be assured that she'll cause a furor sooner or later and we'll be in this same spot as past seasons needing to assess is she worth keeping in the group! ;-(

• Love 1
On 8/13/2017 at 8:24 PM, OnceSane said:

Everyone else isn't the first woman ever to be pregnant. ;)

Okay, I know Asa is obnoxious,  but even if she isn't the "first woman to be pregnant" it can be exhausting. M. J. Was obnoxious with her jealousy but Reza with his hatred of women was the worst.  STFU,  Reza. 

GG calling the wall a barrier was surprisingly insightful.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2017 at 9:13 PM, Bronzedog said:

I'm so confused as to why these horrible people decided to go to Israel.  I'm also confused as to which one I hate the most.  It's a tie between Asa and MJ.  I think Asa is leading.

Asa is so full of herself. I hate hearing her talk. It's always such nonsense.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Quilty said:

Asa is so full of herself. I hate hearing her talk. It's always such nonsense.

Asa's really alienating herself from the group! It's all about her and this pregnancy! MJ's ticked by how secretive she's been about it while questioning everything MJ done without sharing! ;-(

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I've known 45 year-olds who got pregnant the usual way - is that really so unusual?

It is. A woman's fertility starts rapidly declining after 35. There are about 4 million births every year in the US. About 4,000 births are to women 45 or older.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It is. A woman's fertility starts rapidly declining after 35. There are about 4 million births every year in the US. About 4,000 births are to women 45 or older.

Guess I know some Fertile Myrtles!

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Good grief 4 million births in the US alone, has no one ever thought of over population ,water, air,  all of the finite resources  available on our Earth?

I feel that we as a civilization are doomed to extinction by our own actions.

Hopefully I will be long gone before the next big "boom" , man made or natural extinction.

And NO I am not some dooms day prepper.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I've known 45 year-olds who got pregnant the usual way - is that really so unusual?

3 people in my family, including my sister did which word worry me if my partner didn't have a vasectomy. Isn't Asa 40?

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Guess I know some Fertile Myrtles!

My mom and grandmother. Grandma had her last kid at 47. However, you have to remember that there are hundreds of women in your extended social circle who aren't or can't have children in their 40s. Though I remember reading about an infertility treatment, which dramatically improves a woman's chance at conceiving. It is flushing a woman's fallopian tubes with poppy seed oil. It's apparently existed for 100 years and very successful.

• Love 2

MJ?  If you're that worried about your father, why'd you go to Israel?

As someone who is dealing with this, it's because the decline of a loved one can go on for a very long time while the end can always feel like it might be right around the corner. You have to balance continuing to live your life with the knowledge that doing so may mean that you're not there in the end. I have no problems ridiculing MJ for any number of things, but I have empathy for her on that one.

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

These people cry more in an hour than I cry in a year.

I know, right? 

I love how they judge Asa and then wonder why she doesn't feel comfortable enough to share with them. I thought her and MJ were closer though.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

These people cry more in an hour than I cry in a year.

Notice Asa didn't care about MJ's tears! The boredom was evident to Mike who's quite protective of MJ! Asa getting on my nerves and's so full of herself; nothing new really! It's only going to get worse since she anticipates being the best mother in the whole freakin' world! Asa and MJ haven't been close in a while! It all culminated with MJ holding that bachelor event for Reza and didn't invite Asa! They've hugged it out a couple times, but Asa's been standoffish ever since! MJ has resentment over how it's going now and she feels the distance between them! Asa begrudgingly made her announcement about having a boy! I would have told her she can keep the info if she has to announce it that way! I'm just no fan of this woman any longer! ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 11

It was interesting how Asa has the whole "Persian Pop Priestess"/empowering women vibe and at the slightest hint of criticism, completely falls to pieces and turns petty with the the whole "I wasn't going to tell you the sex of the baby."

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, The Closer said:

As someone who is dealing with this, it's because the decline of a loved one can go on for a very long time while the end can always feel like it might be right around the corner. You have to balance continuing to live your life with the knowledge that doing so may mean that you're not there in the end. I have no problems ridiculing MJ for any number of things, but I have empathy for her on that one.

I understand.  I went through it twice myself.  But, with MJ's father, his condition is relatively new.  To be a world away  from him before his actual long term condition has been determined would, to me, add a tremendous amount of stress that would be alleviated by staying home.  It's not like she's been making sacrifices dealing  with her father's situation for a long time..  Different strokes and all that.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

No.  I know plenty of people who have.  I will say that all the ones I know have had children in their younger years so getting pregnant wasn't hard for them.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Grandma had her last kid at 47.

Mine too.  She was married at 26 had her first child at 27 and had a child every five years and her last was at 47.  I wanted to know how she DID NOT get pregnant between children considering it was the 1930s.

• Love 1

I might be in the minority, and I get this is a TV show where people share their lives but... I don't think Asa should have to share how she got pregnant with anyone. It's between her, Jermaine, and her doctor. I do think it's extremely brave of MJ to share her life in such an open way - but this topic is deeply personal.

I think the crew is angry that Jermaine isn't on the show. The rest of them bring on their significant others and get judged by the viewing public and they resent Asa for not having to deal with this. But to be fair, the Jackson family is one of the most famous families in the world with unparalleled media coverage. I could see - Jermaine JR not looking at reality TV the same way the Shahs do. Perhaps he really does value his privacy. And doesn't take it for granted considering his last name.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I might be in the minority, and I get this is a TV show where people share their lives but... I don't think Asa should have to share how she got pregnant with anyone. It's between her, Jermaine, and her doctor. I do think it's extremely brave of MJ to share her life in such an open way - but this topic is deeply personal.

I think the crew is angry that Jermaine isn't on the show. The rest of them bring on their significant others and get judged by the viewing public and they resent Asa for not having to deal with this. But to be fair, the Jackson family is one of the most famous families in the world with unparalleled media coverage. I could see - Jermaine JR not looking at reality TV the same way the Shahs do. Perhaps he really does value his privacy. And doesn't take it for granted considering his last name.

It's the hypocrisy of Asa calling other people out saying "you're so fake!" ;-)

• Love 10
On 8/19/2017 at 10:51 PM, biakbiak said:

Yes, she is Persian they mentioned it a few times. Cathy was her sister not her BFF so maybe of she stays on Cathy will show up.

Her sister has to be good friends with Reza too as they all grew up together so maybe!! 

I also like that it's clear that Reza has brought her around the other Shahs a lot and she is also pretty good friends with them. 

5 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Her sister has to be good friends with Reza too as they all grew up together so maybe!! 

Did they say that? I thought they just introduced her as the party planner first with Shervin than Mike than Reza.

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Did they say that? I thought they just introduced her as the party planner first with Shervin than Mike than Reza.

Reza said the moms were friends in Iran OR became friends once they moved here.  Their families are friends and Reza and Destiny talked about running around when they were fat little kids.   

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

It's the hypocrisy of Asa calling other people out saying "you're so fake!" ;-)

Except we don't know that she is lying about if she used the embryos or not and they all seem convinced. My grandmother had 17 pregnancies all were boys so assuming that Asa had to use her frozen embryos to get pregnant with a boy is ridiculous.

Also, curious what the actual convo with MJ about freezing her eggs was like because frozen eggs are less viable than frozen embryos so I wonder if that was part of Asa's questioning. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Except we don't know that she is lying about if she used the embryos or not and they all seem convinced. My grandmother had 17 pregnancies all were boys so assuming that Asa had to use her frozen embryos to get pregnant with a boy.

Also, curious what the actual convo with MJ about freezing her eggs was like because frozen eggs are less viable than frozen embryos so I wonder if that was part of Asa's questioning. 

Where I have a problem, is that Asa thinks that MJ, and everyone else, should be an open book for her to question. She wants private details of their lives, resents when they don't share with her but then refuses to share hers with them. With 1 hand she tells MJ (or whoever) that she is asking because she is their "friend" but then with her other hand, she slaps them away when they ask similar questions of her, telling them she doesn't share with them because they aren't "friends". 

I also noticed tonight that she got upset/jealous that the rest of them were sympathetic with/for MJ concerning her father/chaotic life, so much so that she decided to take that supportive moment away from MJ and turn it on herself by announcing the baby's gender (but only after admonishing them first). 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Where I have a problem, is that Asa thinks that MJ, and everyone else, should be an open book for her to question. She wants private details of their lives, resents when they don't share with her but then refuses to share hers with them. With 1 hand she tells MJ (or whoever) that she is asking because she is their "friend" but then with her other hand, she slaps them away when they ask similar questions of her, telling them she doesn't share with them because they aren't "friends". 

I also noticed tonight that she got upset/jealous that the rest of them were sympathetic with/for MJ concerning her father/chaotic life, so much so that she decided to take that supportive moment away from MJ and turn it on herself by announcing the baby's gender (but only after admonishing them first). 

You noticed? MJ was getting too much attention so Asa had to bring it back to her; "resentfully" by saying how much she wasn't feeling it for them at this time! Asa's about as easy to read as a comic book! She so common and petty, demanding everyone to revolve around in her orbit to cater to her every need! When this kid comes out, watch out! True dependence will take over; emotionally and physically! I can hear it now; "I just gave birth to a human being! Rub my feet b!tches!" ;-)

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

You noticed? MJ was getting too much attention so Asa had to bring it back to her; "resentfully" by saying how much she wasn't feeling it for them at this time! Asa's about as easy to read as a comic book! She so common and petty, demanding everyone to revolve around in her orbit to cater to her every need! When this kid comes out, watch out! True dependence will take over; emotionally and physically! I can hear it now; "I just gave birth to a human being! Rub my feet b!tches!" ;-)

Asa has been doing this since episode 1. LOL She loves to call the others out about them not being "honest/open" with their lives but she refuses to be that way about her own life. And, she is thick as thieves with Reza and helps him whenever he goes after 1 of the others, like GG last season. Asa is as fake as the rest of them, if not more so IMO. 

• Love 7

MJ - needing a kidney and needing a baby are not the same.  And, only being willing to marry Tommy if he knocks you up, but otherwise refusing to consider marriage because he eats hard candy, smokes around your dog, and likes the Mets ...  I have no words for your ignorant ample ass.

GG - I doubt your Jewish boyfriends's parents are so worried about your Muslim roots as they are about your terroristic proclivities.  You've shown yourself to be one scary fucking bitch, with a penchant for knives.  And tattooing his name on your body after 2 months of dating isn't exactly making you look any more stable or sane.

Asa - le sigh.  You never change.

Boys - don't think you're off the hook; my hands hurt and it's past my bedtime; that's all.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, The Closer said:

The way I dealt with travel when my dad was ill but doing better was figuring out what return flights were available. Sometimes talking two cars so I could leave to get to my dad and allow my boyfriend to stay and compete in his sport. I traveled with the notebook I had for him so I could discuss with the Dr. over the phone if need be while trying to get back there. I made arrangements with my brother, and assisted living in case of an emergency. I made sure that my cars and dad's transport van were always full of gas. 

Going out of country or across the country was out of the question. I would only travel when he was stable. The farthest I went from LA was San Francisco, Las Vegas and Tucson. Only once, trip to Vegas, did my brother have to take him to the hospital when I was away, and he was released about 6 hours later later from the ER. My dad said it ended up being taken care of and the Dr. assured him early on that I didn't need me to come back so no need to call me.

Those trips, few that they were, allowed me to refresh and regenerate. 

• Love 7