Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Talk

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

wonder that they aren't trying to integrate Destiny (from the People's Couch) into the cast. Was it her husband who came as the camel? he said yes to the trip to Israel but I don't recall seeing her in that detainment room the others were in on the preview. 

Given that she got her own TH, I would say yes. MJ is shown on the flight sitting next to Reza but didn't appear in the clip I saw, neither was Asa who also said she was going. GG goes to Iran every year and Shervin routinely visits Muslim countries in the Middle East so I can see them getting flagged for extra questioning. Not sure about Mike and Reza.

This stuff with MJ& her dad was hard to watch. My dad passed unexpectedly in May.  I feel for her. MJ needs someone to show her how to dress for her body type. You can dress sexy at all sizes you just need to learn how to do it classy. MJ dresses like 10lbs of potatoes in a 5lb bag!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/24/2017 at 1:13 AM, Giselle said:

GG was and is a mess but Reza provoked her wrath. That fucking hypocrite rode her hard last season. The night GG went off on Reza and Adam, Reza sent "mea culpa" letters to everybody that he wrote but signed them from GG.

I hate that fucker Reza. More than any of them. I will have schadenfreude when Karma bites him in the ass.

He is horrible. I dip in and out of this show, but saw this episode.  

Reza is hateful and cruel.  G. G. should have apologized for getting physical and lieing, but Reza needs to apologize for being a shitty person. 

M. J. should not be living on her mom's property. Her mom is too toxic. Also,  the jealousy stench is raw. 

Asa is hypocritical, yes,  but everyone of those bitches would have sold the story of her being pregnant. 

Mike is sleezy and gross. 

I'm tired of Reza always rooting for the worst to happen,  like him calling Sherman a cheater and all that. He wants everyone he knows to be less than him,  less happy,  less wealthy, less,  less. It's disgusting.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
On 7/24/2017 at 10:41 AM, ExplainItAgain said:

It seems like it might be Shervin's turn this season. I wonder why he has never turned on Asa.

The Jackson connection. They are all fame/social climbers and even with how crazy everything about the Jackson's is, the are still entertainment royalty, especially compared to the Shah cast,  even a second generation Jackson. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/24/2017 at 0:50 PM, WireWrap said:

I do not want to get into an argument about this but here is this article, https://www.quora.com/Are-there-honor-killings-in-Iran , which has nothing to do with any political party in this country. I apologize if you for upsetting you, I was not saying that all Persians/Middle Easterners practice this or believe in it. I used it as an extreme example of how Asa's pregnancy could be viewed by those in her community. Even Mike said that his marriage to a "white woman" was not accepted by everyone.

I just think its awkward all around to debate another person's culture with authority when they are telling you what you are saying is not true.

I grew up in SoCal,  which has a large Persian population and just about everyone I know is embarrassed to have the clowns represent them.  

Asa is a bit dingy, but I get the vibe that she keeps a bit of a distance so she's not associated with tackiness. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, urusai said:

Would've loved to have see GG go after the crazy that is Janice.  GG would be on the floor in the fetal position sucking her thumb.

I keep waiting for Loch Nessa to make an appearance as well. Seems GG has learned a little restraint but we are only two episodes into this season. I'm surprised that JD couldn't hear her comments but she was too absorbed in being photographed. She must be desperate if she's down to cameo appearances on a show like this (runway plus televised...oh yes, book me for that one) 

• Love 2

How many times did we have to hear MJ and whatshisname talk about fucking (bleep), knocking MJ up, doing it in the kitchen, make me a baby, etc etc....I can't stand these two.

That party was gross with the stupid costumes and fake bloody goats hanging from the rafters. Good times, y'all! This show has jumped the shark.  

Reza and Shervin were on WWHL last night. Reza shaved his moustache and lost 40 lbs. He has no upper lip. Shervin was very quiet. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That party was gross with the stupid costumes and fake bloody goats hanging from the rafters. Good times, y'all! This show has jumped the shark.  

Seriously. After this episode I'm considering giving this one up finally, despite me saying this every season from its first one; I only watch it out of boredom now. I don't like anyone on here but Asa, and her literal earth mother schtick is increasingly more smug with each episode---I liked her better as a mysterious Persian "pop priestess" shilling her gypsy juice, but I'm glad she's so excited about becoming a mother.

Boring episode overall, despite the "offensive" party((more like offensively boring)) and a completely random Janice Dickerson cameo; this was the wrong season for GG to suddenly give up her Lochnessa side---the idea of her even attempting to spar with the likes of Janice was tv gold that was sadly never mined!!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I keep waiting for Loch Nessa to make an appearance as well. Seems GG has learned a little restraint but we are only two episodes into this season. I'm surprised that JD couldn't hear her comments but she was too absorbed in being photographed. She must be desperate if she's down to cameo appearances on a show like this (runway plus televised...oh yes, book me for that one) 

JD was as high as a kite, she wouldn't have noticed/heard a thing. LOL

• Love 5

One thing that struck me was how Mike and GG joked around about the Turkey thing several times.  I don't remember, did Mike every admit to that?  Because if he hadn't, he basically did last night.

• Love 3

Are MJ and Mike still involved in real estate? Reza still is, correct? I know Mike took some hard knocks, especially as he was on the commercial side, but it's a little unclear if he left the industry or not. MJ looked more pulled together when we saw her showing houses and now her style is...tragic (which is sad because she's legitimately beautiful), and I wonder if she's been letting loose without the constrains of outside work. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought the party was hilarious, I guess since Reza qualified it repeatedly as a deliberate intent to offend / poke fun at EVERYONE and not just ONE religion / culture / ethnicity, it was less gross than it otherwise might have been. Mike as Moses and Adam as a Hassid had me in stitches. 

GG is too fucking dumb to breathe air, I swear. Mike was dead right on the Israel vs Iran discussion and as soon as she realized it, she reverted to LochNessa with her tired old "I'M NOT GONNA DOOOO THISSSSS" trope. So predictable. I loved watching her trip and nearly fall down on the runway and then pretend it was her actual personal preference not to do runway shows in the future. The show is always so much better without her crazy ass on it. She is just gross.

Edited by MollyZee
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, MollyZee said:

I thought the party was hilarious, I guess since Reza qualified it repeatedly as a deliberate intent to offend / poke fun at EVERYONE and not just ONE religion / culture / ethnicity, it was less gross than it otherwise might have been. Mike as Moses and Adam as a Hassid had me in stitches. 

GG is too fucking dumb to breathe air, I swear. Mike was dead right on the Israel vs Iran discussion and as soon as she realized it, she reverted to LochNessa with her tired old "I'M NOT GONNA DOOOO THISSSSS" trope. So predictable. I loved watching her trip and nearly fall down on the runway and then pretend it was her actual personal preference not to do runway shows in the future. The show is always so much better without her crazy ass on it. She is just gross.

Note to GG --

Muslims are allowed to VOTE in Israel.  You as a Muslim are far safer on the streets of Tel Aviv than Mike would be on the streets of Tehran.

Edited by Carolina Girl
Duplicate words
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Note to GG --

Muslims are allowed to VOTE in Israel.  You as a Muslim are far safer on the streets on the streets of Tel Aviv than Mike would be on the streets of Tehran.

Furthermore Mike was legitimately & justifiably frightened for his life in Turkey - and he expressed as much repeatedly on and off camera. Neither GG, nor Shervin, nor MJ, nor Asa would have any such concerns in Israel. Her histrionics are all the more ridiculous and ignorant as a result. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, cyberfruit said:

Are MJ and Mike still involved in real estate?

I don't think Mike is. Remember last season his new pie in the sky dream was designing shoes? We haven't heard any more about that yet, 3 episodes in. In fact, there is no focus on anybody's work at all. Except Tommy who use's the work excuse for not going to any of these stupid Shah's functions. Hey, maybe Tommy's not so dumb after all!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MollyZee said:

Nahhhh, LochNessa would have gotten in his face and not backed off! LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Mike is. Remember last season his new pie in the sky dream was designing shoes? We haven't heard any more about that yet, 3 episodes in. In fact, there is no focus on anybody's work at all. Except Tommy who use's the work excuse for not going to any of these stupid Shah's functions. Hey, maybe Tommy's not so dumb after all!!

Anybody know what Tommy does for a living?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Anybody know what Tommy does for a living?

When MJ was on WWHL about a month ago she mentioned something about him owning a company for a breath analyzed ignition interlock device.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 1

When MJ was on WWHL about a month ago she mentioned something about him owning a company for a breath analyzed ignition interlock device.

Maybe he figured out a way to beat one and that made him rich, because seriously why else would MJ put up with him? 

7 minutes ago, Rottiemommie said:

Maybe he figured out a way to beat one and that made him rich, because seriously why else would MJ put up with him? 

Because she is worse and has a shit ton of baggage.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh yes, the shoes. That one fell apart super quickly because the store that he debuted them at, Kitson, went out of business a few weeks later.  I remember he had issues with delivery of the shoes, too.

• Love 1

I don't know the particulars but I think yes. My ex had two passports (British). He worked in oil and some countries frowned upon him if he had previously worked in others. Hence he used both of them to avoid the extra hassle entering into countries or detainment. I never questioned the nuances and can't remember which one he used for which places (Middle East and Saudi Arabia as well as China and Russia). 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I thought she said he worked for the company, as in an employee of the company. I can't imagine Tommy owning anything. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought she said he worked for the company, as in an employee of the company. I can't imagine Tommy owning anything. 

It could be.  I was going off memory.  

You might be right.  This is what it said on bravo.  Sorry about the caps.  It pasteD like that.

2.  He Works in Marketing

"Tommy is the Marketing Director for Blow & Drive Interlock; their company developed cutting edge technology that the government uses to monitor criminals in an effort to keep the streets safe and save lives."

On 7/26/2017 at 8:47 AM, DrSparkles said:

Don't we all have an Assa in our lives? You know, the one who is too cool & above it all? You get all excited about the latest episode of Game of Thrones (or Married to Medicine) & they're all like "I don't watch tv & I only listen to NPR." Bitch, please.

I also feel that GG is sincere in her efforts, none of them are THAT good of an actor.

I had an ex-boyfriend that got rid of his TV and liked to talk about it.  He was having me record crap for him to watch at my house.  That tidbit never made it into the conversations.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:14 PM, SimonSeymour said:

It seriously annoyed me that GG kept "apologizing" to Adam that she was sorry "about what happened to [him]." How about "I'm sorry for what I did TO you?"  Her "apology" is as insincere as saying "I apologize IF your feelings were hurt."

HUGH pet peeve of mine. That's a non-apology. She still doesn't take responsibility for what SHE DID!!

Agreed.  It was something that happened to him and not something she did according to her apology.  "I'm sorry that happened to you" is what you say about things not directly caused by your actions.  

On 7/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, WireWrap said:

Asa was involved with the snooping/attacks on MJ alongside Reza that season. It was Reza, Asa, Mike and Lilly going after MJ about "drugs/pills". Yes, Reza led that pack but all of them went in on her. Each season it seems that Reza picks the target with Asa as his main supporter and the rest of them go along with his attack, the only one he has not gone after is Asa and I suspect it is because of JJ and his family's connections/power. I am surprised that Mike/MJ are attempting to go after her this season, especially since she is pregnant. Don't they realize this will only backfire on them with the viewers and that none of the rest, R/S/GG, will side with them? Stupid move IMO. 

For me, Asa isn't any less fake and annoying because she managed to get pregnant.  

On 7/25/2017 at 10:37 PM, biakbiak said:

But what she did was accidentally run into him, I was upset that she had to grovel for an accident. She also said she never intended to hurt him which given that it was an accident I don't know what more she could say.

She also did say she was sorry for saying that she had seen the sex tape which was also taking responsibility for her part in that.

She didn't purposely run into him, but her reckless behavior still caused Adam to get hurt.  It isn't like she was just walking or even running like a normal person.  She had some crazy melt down that involved taking off her shoes and throwing her purse and was running around like a mad woman.  If I'm driving around like an asshole and doing donuts in the middle of the street and lose control of my car and end up parked in my neighbor's living room it's still my fault for behaving recklessly even if driving through his house wasn't my intention.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:57 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

He is horrible. I dip in and out of this show, but saw this episode.  

Reza is hateful and cruel.  G. G. should have apologized for getting physical and lieing, but Reza needs to apologize for being a shitty person. 

M. J. should not be living on her mom's property. Her mom is too toxic. Also,  the jealousy stench is raw. 

Asa is hypocritical, yes,  but everyone of those bitches would have sold the story of her being pregnant. 

Mike is sleezy and gross. 

I'm tired of Reza always rooting for the worst to happen,  like him calling Sherman a cheater and all that. He wants everyone he knows to be less than him,  less happy,  less wealthy, less,  less. It's disgusting.

I don't think MJ is living on her mom's property.  MJ owns several condos in that building.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

MJ in the white skeleton onsie...OMG, WTF is wrong with her?

I think she has absolutely no clue as to how she really looks and how others perceive her. I think that she finds something that she likes and buys it with no regard to fit, style or it being flattering. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think she has absolutely no clue as to how she really looks and how others perceive her. I think that she finds something that she likes and buys it with no regard to fit, style or it being flattering. 

Nope, she really thinks she looks good. And the "will her boobs fall out" outfits get her the attention she wants.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

What happened to Shervin's excuse that he couldn't go to Israel because he travels to other Middle Eastern countries regularly for business?  And, is that a valid excuse?

If he's got Israel stamped on his passport, he may get detained and questioned when he travel to Arab countries. Likewise if you travel to Israel with stamp from Arab countries. 

• Love 1
On 7/24/2017 at 11:06 AM, WireWrap said:

I didn't say all Persian's but there have been news reports of "honor" killing in this country a number of time, just google them. 

From my experience with Persian Americans, both Muslim and Jewish, most are quite secular/modern, achieve prestigious degrees,  and not super religious at all, they are more about keeping up their cultural traditions. This holds true from my experience living in both NY and LA. Many emigrated here in the 70s before Iran became militantly religious. 

I think those "honor killings" happen in very rural areas of Iran, as a guess. I've heard of honor killings in the US from families of Afghan, Pakistan, and Somalia, but not Persian. Can any Persians on this site correct me if I am wrong. 

• Love 1
On 7/31/2017 at 5:11 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I just think its awkward all around to debate another person's culture with authority when they are telling you what you are saying is not true.

I grew up in SoCal,  which has a large Persian population and just about everyone I know is embarrassed to have the clowns represent them.  

Asa is a bit dingy, but I get the vibe that she keeps a bit of a distance so she's not associated with tackiness. 

Yes. I agree. All the Persians I have met in the US were usually secular.

I think that the issue with Mike's wife wasnt that she was "white" but that she was not born Jewish, did not come from a Jewish family, and had a BS Reform conversion that does not count by Jewish law ( has to be Orthodox conversion, which is VERY difficult to do.) Had Mike found himself a white girl by the name of Rachel Feldstein I dont think there would be any issue at all. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, MollyZee said:

Furthermore Mike was legitimately & justifiably frightened for his life in Turkey - and he expressed as much repeatedly on and off camera. Neither GG, nor Shervin, nor MJ, nor Asa would have any such concerns in Israel. Her histrionics are all the more ridiculous and ignorant as a result. 

I thought it was Reza who was loudly fretting abut his safety in Turkey for some reason. If only he said why! *rolls eyes*

On 7/31/2017 at 1:31 AM, biakbiak said:

Given that she got her own TH, I would say yes. MJ is shown on the flight sitting next to Reza but didn't appear in the clip I saw, neither was Asa who also said she was going. GG goes to Iran every year and Shervin routinely visits Muslim countries in the Middle East so I can see them getting flagged for extra questioning. Not sure about Mike and Reza.

Anyone who is flying to Israel gets questioned extensively. I went a few years ago with a synagogue group and each of us was questioned individually about our reason for going, our synagogue affiliation, and our background. Anyone traveling regularly to the middle east would definitely be questioned more than usual. I don't think they were detained especially since it was being filmed. Permission would have been granted well in advance to film this. Security would know the reason and would probably have been easier on them if anything.

• Love 5

Reza and Adam have an emotional experience exploring both the surrogacy and adoption routes. GG's relationship is laid on the line when she introduces her Jewish boyfriend to her Muslim parents. The Shahs are excited for their trip to Israel, but getting into the country proves to be harder than it seems. MJ is adamant about being a mom soon, but after a wild night out, her friends wonder whether she's ready.

I watched as much as I could of last night's rerun.

• Reza is still an asshole, if not more.
  • Of course, Asa thinks her cross-dressing landlord is "deep and spiritual".
  • What kind of fly-by-night operation was GG modeling for, and what was the deal with Janice Dickenson suddenly showing up, modeling GG's outfit?
  • I injured my eyes when Asa asked if the Pumpkin Patch had "natural" pumpkins and thought they were used for Thanksgiving.
  • Robert is gross and crude and annoying, but he seems to be in love with MJ.
  • Love 3

The Shahs relationship to their ancestral culture(s) is so fucked up. They (the muslims) are clueless about how ridiculous and disrespectful their lifestyle is in regards to their born-into religion. Especially GG. I can´t stand islam yet I´m almost offended by her.

This is the first episode where Reza is the most likable and the voice of reason... the horror, the horror.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, Matias130 said:

Yes. I agree. All the Persians I have met in the US were usually secular.

I think that the issue with Mike's wife wasnt that she was "white" but that she was not born Jewish, did not come from a Jewish family, and had a BS Reform conversion that does not count by Jewish law ( has to be Orthodox conversion, which is VERY difficult to do.) Had Mike found himself a white girl by the name of Rachel Feldstein I dont think there would be any issue at all. 

I don't know that there ever was an issue with Jessica. She converted to Mike's satisfaction, learned how to make some Persian dishes, and was learning about Persian culture. Their marriage fell apart because Mike couldn't keep it in his pants. It's been discussed that he almost certainly fucked someone right before he proposed to Jessica and he's more or less admitted it (it might have been Laila). If Mike's mom is happy that he's no longer with Jessica, it's because his mother doesn't want to admit that her son is a cheating piece of shit. Mike could have married the perfect Persian Jewish woman. His marriage still would have collapsed and his mother would be saying shitty things about that woman too.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Are we going to have to watch MJ pee every single week?

Apparently. Very compelling...

where does she find her clothes??? I wouldn't even know where to find that mustard number she wore in Israel....

and given all the behavior we've seen MJ exhibit over the seasons, her big concern is not to have a "bastard." Please. I didn't even know people still used that word.

Edited by kacesq
damn auto correct
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, kacesq said:

given all the behavior we've seen MJ exhibit over the seasons, her big concern is not to have a "bastard." Please. I didn't even know people still used that word.

You know Vida uses it constantly.

• Love 13