Type keyword(s) to search

Heart Eyes: Actors, Characters, And TV Personalities You Love

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Hyacinth B said:

For me, a super-buff body and massive muscles on a guy is a turn-off (sorry, Chris H !!! ). Someone who spends six hours a day in a gym just isn't my cup of tea.

Same. If my crushes are any indication regarding the kinds of guys I'm into, I like 'em tall and gangly/lean, apparently :p. 

And yes to a nice smile and eyes. I also like it when a guy's got the kind of hair I want to ruffle/run my fingers through. And forearms. When a guy rolls/pushes up his sleeves and shows off his forearms, I don't know why, but that is such a good look. 

David Hyde Pierce is also a brilliant physical comedian. Watch his Douglas Fairbanks-like duel with Maris's fencing instructor Gunnar in "An Affair To Forget", or his brilliant facial expressions as he finally loses it when Frasier keeps trying to play Director in "Ham Radio". 

I am fully convinced that he is the reason for my appreciation for guys with witty, snarky senses of humor :). I love both those episodes in large part for the very reasons you mention, too. I said this elsewhere once, but Niles Crane is one of my longest-running TV character crushes. 

Honorable Mention in the Funny (-Sexy) category - Tim Conway and Harvey Korman on the old Carol Burnett show. "The Dentist", "The Siamese Elephants" - 'nuff said.

I can totally see the appeal of Harvey Korman especially. I love the way Tim could always make Harvey crack up laughing. Similar to how I enjoy watching Colin Mochrie make Ryan Stiles lose it on "Whose Line" :p. Tim and Harvey were a great comedy duo, for sure. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

As much as I adored Tom Ellis in Miranda (British sitcom), he does little for me as Lucifer.   

Also was way more into Danny (Caan) than Steve (Alex O'Laughlin) on Hawaii 5-0 though Steve was supposedly the heart throb. 

I adored Gary!  But if I were gay, Stevie would probably do it for me.  She’s so adorable and sweet and quirky.

Tom during his early Lucifer years was hot, but they really made the character weak, IMO, which kinda turned me away.  But wise, sexy Amenadiel?  Esp in his white robes in the series finale?  **fans self**

I actually hated Alex’s McGarrett.  He was a bully.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

How would you guys describe Jensen Ackles' body? 

6164eca3d78845a1909d63eb22a2e71d--sexy-m

This is from years ago.  Kinda irrelevant now.  Esp since he had to put on some major muscles to play Soldier Boy.

3 minutes ago, roamyn said:

This is from years ago.  Kinda irrelevant now.  Esp since he had to put on some major muscles to play Soldier Boy.

I posted that picture because I was curious how people would describe him there. I'm into major muscles. 

17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

How would you guys describe Jensen Ackles' body? 

Perfection. I know he's more bulked up now, but I quite like this toned but not overly chiseled look. Also, his face is just beautiful, back then, now, always. 

18 hours ago, roamyn said:

But if I were gay, Stevie would probably do it for me.  She’s so adorable and sweet and quirky.

Same. She's absolutely adorable. Total girl crush. And with Tilly, the character was awful but I have such a girl crush on Sally Phillips. I want her to be my BFF. 

And yeah, Ellis' Lucifer started out pretty hot but they made him such a winey little man child that I started noticing all his flaws. 

• Love 2

I saw Elvis this morning and I was so glad to find out later, when I looked it up, that Austin Butler was 30 years old because now, I don't have to feel too creepy about my reaction to seeing him play Elvis. I swear, if I were alone in the theater, I'd have been fanning myself.  lol.

• Wink 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/14/2022 at 5:50 PM, Mabinogia said:

You are speaking my language. I discovered Supernatural because I LOVED Mark S on Leverage.

The new Leverage episodes were pretty good. I didn't miss Nate, I did miss Hardison, but what I really missed was Sterling. Always the smartest guy in the room, and he might not win but he never loses.

Edited by ABay
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, ABay said:

The new Leverage episodes were pretty good. I didn't miss Nate, I did miss Hardison, but what I really missed was Sterling. Always the smartest guy in the room, and he might not win but he never loses.

Same. Nate was always my least favorite so I was actually glad he was gone, but I needed way more Hardison. (there's another smart sexy guy. YUM). I was really hoping Sterling would show up though I didn't think he would since he was kind of Nate's adversary more than the team. For the record, I always sided with Sterling. 

I know I said I don't necessarily like overly muscular men but...

image.thumb.png.6b575be0a1ff252ccc5fefe9546233be.png

That arm is doing things to me. 

22 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And forearms. When a guy rolls/pushes up his sleeves and shows off his forearms, I don't know why, but that is such a good look. 

I am such a forearm slut. I can't even explain it. IDK why but I find men's forearms so sexy. 

• Wink 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Nate was always my least favorite so I was actually glad he was gone, but I needed way more Hardison. (there's another smart sexy guy. YUM). I was really hoping Sterling would show up though I didn't think he would since he was kind of Nate's adversary more than the team. For the record, I always sided with Sterling. 

Okay, I’ve never seen Leverage, but looked it up on IMDB based on your posts.

Aldis Hodge is in it, too?  Jake from SPN?  And a Christian Kane?  (Also an SPN guest star.) Then I saw all the guest stars, like Tom Skerrit and Kevin Tighe, and I think I may need to check this show out.

Edited by roamyn
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2022 at 7:08 PM, roamyn said:

Okay, I’ve never seen Leverage, but looked it up on IMDB based on your posts.

Aldis Hodge is in it, too?  Jake from SPN?  And a Christian Kane?  (Also an SPN guest star.) Then I saw all the guest stars, like Tom Skerrit and Kevin Tighe, and I think I may need to check this show out.

It's my favorite show. It's so much fun. The main characters are all great but Parker and Hardison are my favorite. It's really fun watching horrible CEOs and others get what they deserve for horrible things they do. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 7/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Mabinogia said:

Same. Nate was always my least favorite so I was actually glad he was gone, but I needed way more Hardison. (there's another smart sexy guy. YUM). I was really hoping Sterling would show up though I didn't think he would since he was kind of Nate's adversary more than the team. For the record, I always sided with Sterling. 

I know I said I don't necessarily like overly muscular men but...

image.thumb.png.6b575be0a1ff252ccc5fefe9546233be.png

That arm is doing things to me. 

I am such a forearm slut. I can't even explain it. IDK why but I find men's forearms so sexy. 

While Sterling started out Nate's nemsis they all ended up hating him. Especially Eliot. My favorite Sterling scene is Nate trying to stall him in the elevator by running up the steps to every floor and hit the button. Sterling's facial expressions are hilarious and towards the end Nate's not even running anymore he's so worn out from all those steps.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It's really fun watching horrible CEOs and others get what they deserve for horrible things they do. 

The show's social conscience is very good. I can't think of a favorite Sterling moment but, oddly, I can think of a Nate one--when he went to a costume party as Ellery Queen, the character played by the actor's real-life father.

• Love 3

I really liked this show on original showings! I haven't seen any of the new episodes, not sure I even can get them, or where to look for them. I'll have to do some research.

My favorite character was Eliot Spencer, he was a hunk that was just my type back then...

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/23/2022 at 12:58 AM, Gramto6 said:

I really liked this show on original showings! I haven't seen any of the new episodes, not sure I even can get them, or where to look for them. I'll have to do some research.

My favorite character was Eliot Spencer, he was a hunk that was just my type back then...

It's also Mondays if you have the Ion Channel. They've been doing three Redemption episodes followed by one from the originial. IonMysteries also runs Leverage reruns on Thursdays. This the show always go to when I need a laugh or life stucks at the moment. I always makes me laugh and cheers me up. The main characters do grow over the five seasons. Especially Parker. What I love about Redemption is how the writers show they remember the characters instead of tell. Like Sophie's reading a poem badly in one but the second she realizes it to be part of the con there's a switch and she suddenly starts doing very well. Its subtle. But it's there. Sophie can't act well unless it's part of a con. I love when shows show they remember things about a character without beating us over the head with it. I'm still laughing that Hardison tricked Eliot into learn Klingon.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Feeling kind of drained by people the last day or so and wanted to make a positive post, so I skimmed the rest of this thread and I do agree with some of the posts already here. I miss having The Golden Girls on in syndication every Sunday on TVLand, but I am going through the series on Hulu right now and am on S3. It never loses its appeal. 

ER is probably my all-time favorite drama even if it did run 3-4 years too long IMO. I cut out when Carter leaves (basically an alternate series finale to me) and just go to the last season after that.

I don’t get attached to too many celebrities to be honest but right now I have a girl crush on Amy Aquino. I love when she pops up in anything I watch (I still have to get to Bosch one of these days) and I follow her on Instagram because I love her positive energy. I’ve wasted time at work watching her videos on sustainability and gardening, things like three-minute clips on bar soap or a video about reusable plastic. I don’t consider myself passionate about those things (considering I don’t even have a garden), but I just love how entertaining she makes it. 

Characters I like? Elizabeth is my favorite ER character. I loved that she held her own in the male-dominated surgical area and how she was a good friend to almost every woman on staff. She was rarely catty and didn’t get into drama for the sake of it. I also liked Susan because despite having a crazy family, she was an adult about it and maintained her professionalism at work rather than making sure the entire hospital saw her family drama on display.

For SVU I miss the days when Melinda, Cragen and Munch were around. I loved when they had a scene that showed Munch had been babysitting Olivia’s son. He had some good one-liners too during his run. I also think Mike Dodds Sr. could have been a good addition to the main cast. I love Peter Gallagher. He was phenomenal in Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist…though he couldn’t talk or move he still showed a lot and it made the first season much more moving. And before that he was iconic in Center Stage.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Elizabeth is my favorite ER character. I loved that she held her own in the male-dominated surgical area and how she was a good friend to almost every woman on staff. She was rarely catty and didn’t get into drama for the sake of it.

She's my favorite, too, and one of the main reasons is that from the moment she arrived, she routinely sought out the women -- doctors and nurses alike -- in the ER for conversation and socializing.  That's what made the abominably sexist way she was written when Susan returned even more offensive than it would normally be.  They also later gave her one of those awful storylines they're so fond of, where a woman is eventually inexplicably attracted to a man who bugs the hell out of her (and every self-respecting woman). 

I vaguely remember her lying about something horrible, which was out of character; her perpetual straightforward nature was fantastic, like when she remarked to Peter that she knew by reputation another surgeon was old, but she didn't realize he was so short (he had to stand on a stool to scrub in, let alone operate) and when the old guy in question asked what she said, she just repeated herself to him, and when she initially made up one of those lies we all do for being incommunicado during a difficult time but immediately reversed course and told Peter sorry, she'd been avoiding him because she didn't know what to say.

So, yeah, there were some later writing missteps, but back in the day Elizabeth Corday was a truly fantastic woman.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I don’t get attached to too many celebrities to be honest but right now I have a girl crush on Amy Aquino.

I wish Brooklyn Bridge was available to stream somewhere. That was a wonderful show and she was great in it.

• Love 1

I remember liking Elizabeth a lot and then they ruined her by making her jealous over Mark's daughter. I think she was over that when he died and took her in or something, but I have a really bad memory so I could be off about that. I only watched ER in the original run and that was a long time ago. Anyway, I'm only using this post to say that was when my love for Alex Kingston began. I'm always excited when she pops up in something I watch. I LOVE her as River in Doctor Who. Some people say she was a Mary Sue (I hear that as blah blah blah) some say Steven Moffat can't write women (okay, I can agree with that one). No matter though, she has so much charm and charisma that she can overcome any of that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, festivus said:

I LOVE her as River in Doctor Who. Some people say she was a Mary Sue (I hear that as blah blah blah) some say Steven Moffat can't write women (okay, I can agree with that one). No matter though, she has so much charm and charisma that she can overcome any of that. 

I do think River was a bit of a Mary Sue (as are ALL Moffat's women really, because he thinks he can write the smartest, bestest, most important characters in any established show) and SMo can't write women but I do agree that despite all that Alex Kingston made River likeable, which is a testemant to how good she is, since on paper River is cringe inducing. 

I particularly loved River when Twelve showed up. They really played well off each other. (I can't stand Matt Smith (I know, that's for another thread) so I avoided most of Eleven's run so IDK about their chemistry.)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, festivus said:

I remember liking Elizabeth a lot and then they ruined her by making her jealous over Mark's daughter. I think she was over that when he died and took her in or something, but I have a really bad memory so I could be off about that. I only watched ER in the original run and that was a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure it was less about jealousy and more about Elizabeth being angry (justifiably IMO) that Mark's daughter Rachel brought drugs into their house.  Drugs that Elizabeth's baby got into while Rachel was supposed to be minding her, and nearly died from. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, Ceindreadh said:

I'm pretty sure it was less about jealousy and more about Elizabeth being angry (justifiably IMO) that Mark's daughter Rachel brought drugs into their house.  Drugs that Elizabeth's baby got into while Rachel was supposed to be minding her, and nearly died from. 

I was very much (and still am) Team Elizabeth in that incident. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 10/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mabinogia said:

I particularly loved River when Twelve showed up. They really played well off each other. (I can't stand Matt Smith (I know, that's for another thread) so I avoided most of Eleven's run so IDK about their chemistry.)

Eleven could act really weird about River and was strange about the marriage but I think they did have chemistry even with his twitchy-ness.  At least there was a poignant moment between the two with "I can always see you" which I admit did make my heart flutter a bit . But I agree that River really sparked with Twelve. I loved The Husbands of River Song and would so happily have had more of her and Twelve. I think I did cry at the end of that episode. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, festivus said:

I loved The Husbands of River Song and would so happily have had more of her and Twelve. I think I did cry at the end of that episode. 

That was definitely one of my favorite eps. And I know I cried at the end. I cry easily though, so that's not saying much.

I never watched ER so I didn't know her from that and my first experience with her was the, I think it was called Silence in the Library or some such, when she showed up with the team in the library where Ten and Donna were. I just found "spoilers" so bloody grating that I couldn't with her. But when I saw her later on, with Twelve I became a fan. I am so easily swayed. lol

• Like 2

Agreed! Kingston and Capaldi had great chemistry together. It was great to actually see two adults instead of the Doctor And The Mary Sue.

Poor Peter, he didn't deserve such a badly written character arc and stories, but that episode almost made up for the others.

• Love 6
On 10/23/2022 at 11:06 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

I was very much (and still am) Team Elizabeth in that incident. 

Once we got to that point, yes but I really blame Mark for failing Rachel and allowing the situation to get that bad. Rachel took a bus with no warning from Milwaukee (is that right? I haven't watched those episodes in a while now) to Chicago because she was not happy at her mom's after her Jennifer married some guy. That's not regular teen rebellion and Mark never probed deeper with Rachel or took her to therapy or anything. There were signs that she was struggling and he was way too hands off. She was clearly a teen in crisis for some reason and Mark never bothered to figure out what that reason was. Rachel fucked up but I still felt that her parents failed her.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Once we got to that point, yes but I really blame Mark for failing Rachel and allowing the situation to get that bad. Rachel took a bus with no warning from Milwaukee (is that right? I haven't watched those episodes in a while now) to Chicago because she was not happy at her mom's after her Jennifer married some guy. That's not regular teen rebellion and Mark never probed deeper with Rachel or took her to therapy or anything. There were signs that she was struggling and he was way too hands off. She was clearly a teen in crisis for some reason and Mark never bothered to figure out what that reason was. Rachel fucked up but I still felt that her parents failed her.

Rachel took the bus from St Louis which is where Jen and her husband ended up after Jen finished clerking for the judge in Milwaukee.    Milwaukee is only an hour or two from Chicago, St. Louis is 5 or so.  Also, Jen got remarried to Craig(?) not too long after the divorce, so Rachel had had a stepfather for years at the time she ran away from Jen to Mark.  We saw them as one big happy family, complete with puppies, in the first Christmas episode after the divorce when Rachel was maybe first or second grade.

Elizabeth, especially initially, was just a great character; strong, smart, outspoken, saw what she wanted and went for it.  She almost instantly worked to make friends with everyone in the ER, especially the women and made it clear very early that she was interested in Peter and was fine if there were no strings.

It was after she got together with Mark that some of his wimpiness rubbed off on her.  Screwing up a delicate surgery all because she was anxious to go away for the weekend?  Not the original Elizabeth.  Then, lying about it?  Remember when she made the med error when she was overworked and exhausted as an intern and insisted that it be discussed and not swept under the rug?  Then, Mark's daughter essentially decides she will live with them full time and neither one of them stands up for themselves?  Original recipe Elizabeth wouldn't have screeched at Mark; she'd have jumped in, made her feelings known, and then dragged Mark and Rachel to family counseling until they could reach some sort of compromise.  When Mark refused to call the cops on Rachel after Ella was poisoned; the real Elizabeth would've done it herself or spoke to the hospital social worker and let them know that she wanted legal involvement.

• Like 4

I just started season 3 of The Mentalist.  I love Cho.  Describing him makes him sound very boring:  A man of few words, straight forward, serious, dry delivery of his lines....but, he really does make me laugh.  For ex. in one scene, he's questioning a suspect who's a little odd and, at one point, the suspects says something to the effect of "Don't you understand?! Aliens are about to explode our planet?!" and without changing his (serious) facial expression he responds "I'm aware." then continues with his questioning without missing a beat.  

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I just started season 3 of The Mentalist.  I love Cho.  Describing him makes him sound very boring:  A man of few words, straight forward, serious, dry delivery of his lines....but, he really does make me laugh.  For ex. in one scene, he's questioning a suspect who's a little odd and, at one point, the suspects says something to the effect of "Don't you understand?! Aliens are about to explode our planet?!" and without changing his (serious) facial expression he responds "I'm aware." then continues with his questioning without missing a beat.  He makes me a laugh. 

Cho was the unsung hero of The Mentalist. I loved his deadpan demeanor too! 

• Like 9

The other night I was watching Whiplash with J.K. Simmons and Miles Teller.

J.K. was all bald and muscular, I was thinking all kinds of nasty thangs that we could do....but then he started belittling Miles and made me cry.

Seriously though, he's hot!!  Reminds me of a jump off I was with briefly.

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • Love 1

I just started S3 of my ER rewatch and I have really fallen in love with early years Kerry. She’s confident with no apology and knows she’s good at her job, and she clearly enjoys interacting with Susan’s niece and makes a good effort to get to know Susan. I particularly liked Kerry’s speech to Jeanie in the episode I just watched where she tells Jeanie it would be a real loss for the patients if she quits. 

I’ve been a fan of the show for a while and did one whole watch through a couple years ago so I’m aware Kerry has moments later. But right now I really appreciate her. 

• Like 6

I was a bit too young for Remington Steele, but I thought he was really good looking, too.  I remember the outrage when the network wouldn't let him out of his contract (or work around it) to do James Bond.  When it was finally his turn, I remember learning about it from the teaser trailer:

When he said "You were expecting someone else?", our theater erupted into cheers.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5

Cary Grant was my first movie star crush, and then Remington Steele came along and I had someone actually alive to drool over.  And I had a massive girl crush on Laura, too, so add in the witty scripts and the show was tailor made for me.  (For three and a half seasons, anyway.)

• Like 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Enigma X said:

From old Hollywood, my crushes were Cary Grant and Paul Newman.

You have impeccable taste.

Paul Newman is just a god (both young and old. That is a man who grew old beautifully). For Cary Grant it was a combo of looks and that witty, boyish charm. 

Young Harrison Ford (Indy and Han Solo) was my contemporary movie star crush though. Other than him it was all Golden Age of Hollywood types. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

Cary Grant was my first movie star crush

4 hours ago, Enigma X said:

From old Hollywood, my crushes were Cary Grant and Paul Newman.

In addition to Cary Grant and Paul Newman, I must add, for me, Gregory Peck!

And of course, for the small screen, Perry Mason. er, I mean Raymond Burr!

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Between Newman, Grant, Peck, and Burr, all of you have impeccable taste. :)

I'd also throw in James Garner. 

I've told this story on here before, but I used to take books and movies to residents at a local nursing home for the library where I work. One little lady was one of my favorites. She was hilarious and would just blurt out whatever was on her mind. I brought her some Doris Day movies, and she told me "Do not ever bring her back." Then she paused and pointed at James Garner on the cover of Move Over, Darling and told me, "But he's always welcome." 😂😂😂 And then she and I both fan-girled for awhile together about how handsome James Garner is. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
21 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'd also throw in James Garner. 

Yes.  So handsome, and that great voice.  Plus, I heard several great stories over the years from people who met him, in which he was kind and sensitive as well.  The whole package.

• Like 1
  • Love 7