Type keyword(s) to search

Heart Eyes: Actors, Characters, And TV Personalities You Love

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

I liked both Sharona and Natalie on "Monk", myself. I think they each brought out something special and unique in their relationship and interactions with Monk. 

Same.  They had a different vibe.  Natalie was softer but she also pushed back on on him.  Sharona was more of a spitfire but she also caved to him at times.

• Love 5

The two things I liked about Castle before it went off the rails were that Ryan and Esposito  were good, competent cops not dumb asses there to make Castle and Beckett look good and the way it played with line between fiction and reality with books written by "Richard Castle" with Nathan Fillion's picture and dedications. thanks to the characters at the precinct, and by having real mystery writers in a couple of episodes as Castle's peers and poker buddies.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ABay said:

The two things I liked about Castle before it went off the rails were that Ryan and Esposito  were good, competent cops not dumb asses there to make Castle and Beckett look good and the way it played with line between fiction and reality with books written by "Richard Castle" with Nathan Fillion's picture and dedications. thanks to the characters at the precinct, and by having real mystery writers in a couple of episodes as Castle's peers and poker buddies.

I liked that about that show. They showed us often how good cops they were. I do like that Beckett was a good cop too. That it wasn't just all about Castle or Castle solving cases. They were a very good team. I liked that they gave Ryan and Esposito storylines of their own. Ryan had dating and marrying Jenny as well as of a few episodes that were his. Going back the one where his stole gun turns up was a really good episode for Ryan. The one where he goes back undercover we got to learn more about Ryan's cop past, and the one where his bodyguard job goes bad we meet Ryan's sister and brother-in-law. Same with Esposito his relationship with Lanie, learning about his previous partner in the second season, learning about his past when he tries to bond with the kid Monster that his dad bailed, the one where he's held hostage on a train and the one where we meet his ex and his family. I really love that in the episode Under Fire which is a Ryan and Esposito episode when it looks like they might die Ryan tells Jenny if their baby is a boy he wants to name him Javier. It's a girl but in season eight when they do have a boy his middle name is Javier. They had a really great relationship. So many shows don't bother or don't know how to have their cops do more then stand around while the star of the show is solving crimes.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I liked that about that show. They showed us often how good cops they were. I do like that Beckett was a good cop too. That it wasn't just all about Castle or Castle solving cases. They were a very good team. I liked that they gave Ryan and Esposito storylines of their own. Ryan had dating and marrying Jenny as well as of a few episodes that were his. Going back the one where his stole gun turns up was a really good episode for Ryan. The one where he goes back undercover we got to learn more about Ryan's cop past, and the one where his bodyguard job goes bad we meet Ryan's sister and brother-in-law. Same with Esposito his relationship with Lanie, learning about his previous partner in the second season, learning about his past when he tries to bond with the kid Monster that his dad bailed, the one where he's held hostage on a train and the one where we meet his ex and his family. I really love that in the episode Under Fire which is a Ryan and Esposito episode when it looks like they might die Ryan tells Jenny if their baby is a boy he wants to name him Javier. It's a girl but in season eight when they do have a boy his middle name is Javier. They had a really great relationship. So many shows don't bother or don't know how to have their cops do more then stand around while the star of the show is solving crimes.

It’s amazing they were all able to still have chemistry as a cohesive team, since Astana & Nathan hated each other.  Poor Seamus & Jon, & Tamala and even Penny, for having to deal with the toxic set and kudos to all of them for remaining professional on screen.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 7

I have no idea what he was like as a football player, but as an actor, I am loving Marshawn Lynch.  His guest stint on Brooklyn 99 was hysterical.  But his episode of Murderville is so far (I am four eps in) my favorite.

For those who don't know, Murderville is a Netflix comedy/mystery.  The show's regulars all work from a script, but each episode has one guest actor who plays him/herself and has no script.  So their dialogue/reactions are their own.  They are basically doing improv.  At the end they are also the ones who have to solve the (usually easy to solve) murder at the end. 

Marshawn completely threw himself into the role and is a natural comedian and came back with some great lines.  One of my favorites:

Det. Seattle (played by Will Arnett) "Have you ever had any police training?'

Marshawn 'I watched Training day.'

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I have no idea what he was like as a football player, but as an actor, I am loving Marshawn Lynch.  His guest stint on Brooklyn 99 was hysterical.  But his episode of Murderville is so far (I am four eps in) my favorite.

For those who don't know, Murderville is a Netflix comedy/mystery.  The show's regulars all work from a script, but each episode has one guest actor who plays him/herself and has no script.  So their dialogue/reactions are their own.  They are basically doing improv.  At the end they are also the ones who have to solve the (usually easy to solve) murder at the end. 

Marshawn completely threw himself into the role and is a natural comedian and came back with some great lines.  One of my favorites:

Det. Seattle (played by Will Arnett) "Have you ever had any police training?'

Marshawn 'I watched Training day.'

Marshawn as a football player is legendary.  It sounds like his acting is a continuation of his demeanor when he was playing football.  He is famous for giving the best one phrase answer during interminable press conferences players are forced to attend, "I'm just here so I don't get fined."  During one of the Super Bowl media days, he's response was "you know why I'm here."  He also spent one press conference doling out hilarious yet practical financial advise to new players.  It was something along the lines of protecting your chickens.  Marshawn was known for being smart with his money.  I believe he lived off the endorsement dollars he brought in while investing his team salary to live off in retirement.

Marshawn retired, came back to finish out the season for the Raiders before retiring again.  He went from doing tequila shots at the last tailgate in Oakland on Sunday to signing with them to play the next weekend.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

One of my favorite Marshawn Lynch moments was when he was a player at Cal and they had just beat the University of Washington, and to celebrate he started driving around in one of the carts used to carry off injured players. Since it was the end of the game, nobody needed it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 2/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, DearEvette said:

That and the Conan O'Brien one are the only ones I've seen, and when we were watching the Marshawn Lynch one, my husband and I agreed that this one was way funnier than the Conan one. And I love Conan O'Brien.

• Love 1

I know very little about Lenny Bruce, so I don't know if he's being written as accurately as possible or not in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but I love how well Luke Kirby is doing in the part.  I haven't seen anything else that he's been in, so I have no way of comparing this performance to his others, but I'm always thrilled to see him enter a scene, whether it's a positive one or not.

• Love 1

Bumping this up: six more in this line, from that 70s NBC medical/action series Emergency!...

Firefighter/Paramedic John Gage (Randolph Mantooth)

Firefighter/Paramedic Roy DeSoto (Kevin Tighe)

Dr. Kelly Brackett (Robert Fuller)

Dr. Joe Early (Bobby Troup)

Dr. Mike Morton (Ron Pinkard)

Nurse Dixie McCall (Julie London)

• Love 10

Dirty Dancing was on last night and it got me thinking.  Emily Gilmore might be kind of polarizing but Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore is nothing short of brilliant.  It's a shame she never got any real industry recognition for that role.

• Love 11

I always had a soft spot for Molly Shannon, and after reading her new book, I respect her even more. I know the SNL Mary Katherine Gallagher/Superstar skits were dumb, but you gotta give her props for not being afraid to fling herself into walls and knock everything over, flashing her underwear in the most unflattering ways possible. And you know what? I was 13 when that movie came out, and I WAS a spazzy little freak (though not to that same extent) so part of me could kind of relate to that character.

• Love 10
On 3/28/2022 at 9:30 PM, bmasters9 said:

Bumping this up: six more in this line, from that 70s NBC medical/action series Emergency!...

Firefighter/Paramedic John Gage (Randolph Mantooth)

Firefighter/Paramedic Roy DeSoto (Kevin Tighe)

Dr. Kelly Brackett (Robert Fuller)

Dr. Joe Early (Bobby Troup)

Dr. Mike Morton (Ron Pinkard)

Nurse Dixie McCall (Julie London)

FETV has started showing Emergency!…forgot how enjoyable this show was and what great chemistry the cast had. Bobby Troup was such a talent…actor, pianist, singer.

• Love 4
On 4/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

FETV has started showing Emergency!…forgot how enjoyable this show was and what great chemistry the cast had. Bobby Troup was such a talent…actor, pianist, singer.

I've been seeing it on DVD-- well worth the money!

• Love 3

Jennifer Grey having a moment with her new book and the upcoming Dirty Dancing sequel makes me happy. I never thought it was fair that even after her breakthrough role she still couldn’t get big parts, first because she wasn’t “pretty enough” and then because of that stupid nose job that made people think she was a sell-out. And what I really loved about her book? She owns her choices. She doesn’t play the victim and she’s come to terms with the insecurities and questionable choices that she felt held her back all these years. Good for her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
On 6/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, jennifer6973 said:

With Obi Wan Kenobi on Disney+, I  now have an awful crush on Ewan McGregor

I prefer Pedro Pasquale of The Mandelorian.

• Love 1

One of the many things I like about Ewan McGregor was his answer when an interviewer asked him about his willingness to be naked on screen (which is another reason I like him). This a paraphrase but it was to the effect that women have been naked in movies a lot, for a long time, and it was about time someone did something for the sisters. And some of the brothers.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I like to joke that I've seen Ewan McGregor's penis more than I've seen my husbands.

4 hours ago, ABay said:

One of the many things I like about Ewan McGregor was his answer when an interviewer asked him about his willingness to be naked on screen (which is another reason I like him). This a paraphrase but it was to the effect that women have been naked in movies a lot, for a long time, and it was about time someone did something for the sisters. And some of the brothers.

Uh...just for educational purposes...which movies were the full-frontal ones? 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Uh...just for educational purposes...which movies were the full-frontal ones? 

I feel like a lot of them, but Velvet Goldmine and Young Adam come to mind. I think Trainspotting?

• Love 6

I've had a crush on him since The Phantom Menace. He's so cute and great in so many of his movies. I loved him in Miss Potter. Same with Liam Neesan but I hate seeing him as the bad guy except Batman Begins. I love his voice. I love that he returned to Star Wars to voice Qui Gon in the Clone Wars series. He's so busy and it was so long ago when he first played Qui Gon. 

• Love 3

When I heard that both McGregor and Neeson were cast, I was so excited but WTF is the purpose of having them if you're going to cover them in bulky robes? Similarly, what is the point in casting the gorgeous Richard Armitage and then ugly-ing him up to play a dwarf? I am not pleased with either of you, George Lucas and Peter Jackson.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Been watching Vega$, with Robert Urich, and I’m reminded how we lost such a talented actor too soon. Also caught a TV movie from 1997, Final Descent. It’s just too bad none of his shows went beyond three seasons. I still miss him.

Oh yeah, he was very 🥰😍🥰 Sexay.🥰😍🥰😍

Now if only Spenser: For Hire would become available for free viewing. Aside from Urich, I LOVED Avery Brooks' Hawke and his “Spensah!”🥰😍🥰

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
On 6/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Now if only Spenser: For Hire would become available for free viewing. Aside from Urich, I LOVED James Avery’s Hawke and his “Spensah!”🥰😍🥰

Agree with your entire post, but it's Avery Brooks as Hawk. Loved that show.

• Love 1

Hubby and I have been binge watching The Boys , and that show is chock full of fabulous actors.  I really can’t name a weak actor on the show, except maybe Claudia Doumit as Victoria Neumann.

But MM And Frenchie stand out for us as characters.  They may not have been the original plan as heart of the show, but they’ve become the heart, the glue, and w/MM a leader you want to fall behind.

They even have a Bobby Singer!!!

• Love 1

Zawe Ashton.  I've enjoyed her since first seeing her on an episode of Misfits and watched Fresh Meat mainly because she was in it.  I've always tried to follow shows she has been in.  So I am super glad she is being singled out and getting rave reviews right now for her new movie.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I've been watching a lot of the Flintstones on Metv. Pebbles and Bam Bam are the cutest babies in the history of TV.  It's also really cool how much Fred loves Pebbles. So many TV shows have the dad being an idiot or aloof. While Fred is often an idiot he also loves his daughter. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I've been watching a lot of the Flintstones on Metv. Pebbles and Bam Bam are the cutest babies in the history of TV.  It's also really cool how much Fred loves Pebbles. So many TV shows have the dad being an idiot or aloof. While Fred is often an idiot he also loves his daughter. 

Jean VanDerPyl  (1919-1999) (who voiced Wilma) also voiced Pebbles. Miss VanDerPyl said   that Pebbles was one of her faves because she herself had borne her lastborn son (by her 2nd husband) when she was in her mid 40's right around this time so she was somewhat enthralled with babies AND she found it a relief to be  voicing a character who was usually nice to Fred instead of argumentative.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Jean VanDerPyl  (1919-1999) (who voiced Wilma) also voiced Pebbles. Miss VanDerPyl said   that Pebbles was one of her faves because she herself had borne her lastborn son (by her 2nd husband) when she was in her mid 40's right around this time so she was somewhat enthralled with babies AND she found it a relief to be  voicing a character who was usually nice to Fred instead of argumentative.

I didn't know that. She did a great job. Pebbles was adorable.

• Love 2

Responding here to keep on topic. 

On 7/11/2022 at 3:01 PM, proserpina65 said:

I actually prefer Chris Hemsworth when he's a bit less buff.  More surfer build, less Thor muscles.

He's always gorgeous, but agree. I feel the same way about Jason Momoa. As much as I appreciate height and strength, I'm not attracted to men who look overwhelming. I'll take a skinny or chubby guy over the crazy buff dudes. Just like men who say they love curvy women but prefer a girl who's not the most bodacious but natural over one with breast/butt implants, I feel the same way about men. I like a guy who looks real. 

Also, while being able to throw me around is kinda hot, knowing you can annihilate my ass kinda freaks me out. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Responding here to keep on topic. 

He's always gorgeous, but agree. I feel the same way about Jason Momoa. As much as I appreciate height and strength, I'm not attracted to men who look overwhelming. I'll take a skinny or chubby guy over the crazy buff dudes. Just like men who say they love curvy women but prefer a girl who's not the most bodacious but natural over one with breast/butt implants, I feel the same way about men. I like a guy who looks real. 

Also, while being able to throw me around is kinda hot, knowing you can annihilate my ass kinda freaks me out. 

I get it.  I'm not normally attracted to really buff guys who spend hours at the gym. Muscles are nice to look at. I also know enough of what goes into maintaining that physique, and would never want a partner who lives like that. Counting calories and macros, more than an hour at the gym on a daily basis, etc. I want a man who does things in moderation.  A man who enjoys food and lazy Sundays spent binging a show or a couple of books.  Really, I want a man who has hobbies other than himself.

I am also a big girl who does need a partner of somewhat similar stature. There are some things in the bedroom where the mechanics just do not work if I'm with a petit man.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm not normally attracted to really buff guys who spend hours at the gym. Muscles are nice to look at. I also know enough of what goes into maintaining that physique, and would never want a partner who lives like that. Counting calories and macros, more than an hour at the gym on a daily basis, etc. I want a man who does things in moderation.  A man who enjoys food and lazy Sundays spent binging a show or a couple of books.  Really, I want a man who has hobbies other than himself.

Same. I can look at a really muscle bound guy and appreciate the visual, but I wouldn't actually want to date someone super buff if only because the odds of him not putting in hours at the gym and being super careful about what he eats are slim to none. I try to eat better now than I did when I was a teen who could just eat absolutely anything with no consequence whatseover, but I cannot resist the call of McDonalds fries, or a meat lovers pizza or a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I'm also not into a lifestyle where I get up any earlier than I have to in order to run when there is nothing chasing me. lol

I prefer just a nice healthy look with some tone. Honestly, one of the sexiest men alive to me is David Tennant, but I also drool a little when I see Jason Momoa shirtless. Men come in a variety of exciting flavors and much like with food, I like a wide assortment. 😍

If I had to name my top three all around dreamiest guys: 

1. David Tennant

2. Chris Evansworth (can't choose between Hemsworth and Evans)

3.Hugh Jackman

Now that is a triple decker I could enjoy. 

If we're going historic: 

1. Paul Newman

2. John Barrymore

3. William Powell

If we're going fictionally: 

1. Hawkeye Peirce

2. Gomez Addams

3. Mycroft Holmes (as played by Mark Gatiss in the Sherlock series on BBC)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I get it.  I'm not normally attracted to really buff guys who spend hours at the gym. Muscles are nice to look at. I also know enough of what goes into maintaining that physique, and would never want a partner who lives like that. Counting calories and macros, more than an hour at the gym on a daily basis, etc. I want a man who does things in moderation.  A man who enjoys food and lazy Sundays spent binging a show or a couple of books.  Really, I want a man who has hobbies other than himself.

I am also a big girl who does need a partner of somewhat similar stature. There are some things in the bedroom where the mechanics just do not work if I'm with a petit man.

Yes, moderation ftw! It doesn't have to be the guy who lives on fast food and doesn't work out at all or the superhuman built guy. A guy who has a healthy outlook on life is what I want. Someone who takes care of himself and will hopefully live a long life but can enjoy it and not spend all his free time at the gym and can enjoy going out to restaurants sometimes. 

I hear ya. I am lightweight but tall. I don't think a tiny guy like Tom Cruise could pull off someone of the stuff I'm into. 😊

50 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Same. I can look at a really muscle bound guy and appreciate the visual, but I wouldn't actually want to date someone super buff if only because the odds of him not putting in hours at the gym and being super careful about what he eats are slim to none. I try to eat better now than I did when I was a teen who could just eat absolutely anything with no consequence whatseover, but I cannot resist the call of McDonalds fries, or a meat lovers pizza or a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I'm also not into a lifestyle where I get up any earlier than I have to in order to run when there is nothing chasing me. lol

I prefer just a nice healthy look with some tone. Honestly, one of the sexiest men alive to me is David Tennant, but I also drool a little when I see Jason Momoa shirtless. Men come in a variety of exciting flavors and much like with food, I like a wide assortment. 😍

If I had to name my top three all around dreamiest guys: 

1. David Tennant

2. Chris Evansworth (can't choose between Hemsworth and Evans)

3.Hugh Jackman

Now that is a triple decker I could enjoy. 

If we're going historic: 

1. Paul Newman

2. John Barrymore

3. William Powell

If we're going fictionally: 

1. Hawkeye Peirce

2. Gomez Addams

3. Mycroft Holmes (as played by Mark Gatiss in the Sherlock series on BBC)

100% There's a guy I know in real life I think is perfect. Some people might consider his body a "dad bod" because he's not jacked. He's the perfect height (around 6'2"), lean build but not skin and bones, strong arms and a cute butt. I do not need huge arms, crazy abs, nothing like that. I love a lean guy so long as he's taller and has a little strength on him. And the cute butt is just a bonus! lol 

My favorite eye candy for years has been Jensen Ackles. He's so pretty but still looks like a man! I think both his face and body are perfection. I think that's my type in a nutshell-not a pretty but sweet looking and delicate dude like Tom but not a guy who's built like wrestler or looks like a viking either. 

MV5BMTcxMDk3NTgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUz

• Love 3

I'll say it. I want a guy who works out and has a great body. I mean sure, guys with great personalities are nice enough, and I enjoy their company. But give me a super hot guy with washboard abs who spends his days chopping wood and rebuilding my deck who is ready to rub my feet when I get home. ;)

• Wink 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I'll say it. I want a guy who works out and has a great body. I mean sure, guys with great personalities are nice enough, and I enjoy their company. But give me a super hot guy with washboard abs who spends his days chopping wood and rebuilding my deck who is ready to rub my feet when I get home. ;)

Ooh yeah, there is nothing better than a man who works with his hands and who's muscles were built through honest work.  

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Ooh yeah, there is nothing better than a man who works with his hands and who's muscles were built through honest work.  

I don't even care about that. I just like looking at the muscles ;)

My real point here is that, if we are using the wholly gross rating scale, women are expected to be happy with a guy who is a 3 on the hotness scale if he's got a great personality and is funny, but for men, the "floor" number is a 6, not a 3. Women have to put so much more effort into being attractive because personality isn't enough.

And a woman who comes out and says, "yeah, that guy is funny and smart, but he's not hot and I'm just not attracted to him" is somehow doing something wrong. Whenever levels of attractiveness are brought up, women always jump on, "it doesn't matter what he looks like if he's funny and smart, I'm attracted to personality, not physicality". That is always, always, always what is expected. 

I'm saying at my age, fuck that. I want a guy way hotter than I am and he can just sit there and look pretty and rub my feet. ;)

So to bring it back around to topic, Momoa is such a yes in my book. But dudes like Andrew Garfield are a damn hard NO. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I don't even care about that. I just like looking at the muscles ;)

My real point here is that, if we are using the wholly gross rating scale, women are expected to be happy with a guy who is a 3 on the hotness scale if he's got a great personality and is funny, but for men, the "floor" number is a 6, not a 3. Women have to put so much more effort into being attractive because personality isn't enough.

And a woman who comes out and says, "yeah, that guy is funny and smart, but he's not hot and I'm just not attracted to him" is somehow doing something wrong. Whenever levels of attractiveness are brought up, women always jump on, "it doesn't matter what he looks like if he's funny and smart, I'm attracted to personality, not physicality". That is always, always, always what is expected. 

I'm saying at my age, fuck that. I want a guy way hotter than I am and he can just sit there and look pretty and rub my feet. ;)

So to bring it back around to topic, Momoa is such a yes in my book. But dudes like Andrew Garfield are a damn hard NO. 

Ha, I totally hear ya!

Women do a gazillion things to beautify ourselves, all a man does is work out. (It's why I don't get the big deal with a man paying for dinner, but I know that's another topic.) I'm not at all suggesting women have skin care routines, put on makeup, get your nails done, spend all this time on the hair on your head, shave and wax everything off everything else only to be with a man you're not attracted to. NO! 

I'm genuinely not into super huge muscles. I do still like a guy with a handsome face, taller than me, and what I consider fit. When I catch myself for feeling bad for not being attracted to a nice guy, I tell myself, he wouldn't bother with women he's not attracted to either. That's not to say I can't be attracted to okay looking men if they're kind, smart and funny, I can be. But I don't think there's anything at all wrong with a woman having physical preferences. Men have no idea how much energy it takes being a chick. Lifting weights is nothing! lol My idea of perfect muscles is just more Ryan Gosling than The Rock. 

• Love 3

For me, a super-buff body and massive muscles on a guy is a turn-off (sorry, Chris H !!! ). Someone who spends six hours a day in a gym just isn't my cup of tea. Tom Ellis (Lucifer) is my idea of a nice bod - on the slender side but still VERY fit, and the rest of him ain't bad either. But I might make an exception for Chris Jericho - great face, seems reasonably intelligent AND has a sense of humor. THAT for me is sexy.

It's nice to read that someone besides me enjoys characters who do Snark well. It's so much fun watching someone who's witty and intelligent and who has a very dry sense of humor and know how to use it. 

David Hyde Pierce is also a brilliant physical comedian. Watch his Douglas Fairbanks-like duel with Maris's fencing instructor Gunnar in "An Affair To Forget", or his brilliant facial expressions as he finally loses it when Frasier keeps trying to play Director in "Ham Radio". 

Steve Landesberg as Arthur Dietrich on Barney Miller was my kinda guy. He ticked all the boxes in the "Intelligent and Witty" category and did it with a perfectly deadpan face followed by just a little twitch of a smile when no one was watching. I still think he's sexy as hell.

Honorable Mention in the Funny (-Sexy) category - Tim Conway and Harvey Korman on the old Carol Burnett show. "The Dentist", "The Siamese Elephants" - 'nuff said.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Hyacinth B said:

Steve Landesberg as Arthur Dietrich on Barney Miller was my kinda guy. He ticked all the boxes in the "Intelligent and Witty" category and did it with a perfectly deadpan face followed by just a little twitch of a smile when no one was watching. I still think he's sexy as hell.

I loved him. Dietrich is one of my favorite characters ever. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I don't like muscle heads (yuck) either but find Chris H. (averagely) good-looking despite them. As I said in another thread, Chris becomes hot to me because of his personality.

With that said, as much as I like an intelligent man who shares my sarcastic humor and is creatively inclined, upon first look, it is his looks that grab me because I have no idea about any of those things before "getting to know him."  This is basically when I watch interviews of these celebrities.

Lastly, the "look" I like is varied, and many people I find good-looking others don't. Furthermore, I am not attracted to many people I find attractive (good-looking). There are so many factors involved here.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/12/2022 at 11:28 PM, RealHousewife said:

I am right w/you.  And playing the bad guy Soldier Boy has actually made him hotter to me, just like Deanmon was so hot.

But I also find Mark Shepherd (Crowley) amazingly sexy, and DB Woodside (Amenadiel) very hot and Scott Caan (Turk/Danny) regular guy attractive. 

All different types of men.  All have played bad guys.  What does that say abt me?  LOL

ETA:  not sure what happened to the quote, but it was abt Jensen Ackles

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, roamyn said:

But I also find Mark Shepherd (Crowley) amazingly sexy, and DB Woodside (Amenadiel) very hot and Scott Caan (Turk/Danny) regular guy attractive. 

You are speaking my language. I discovered Supernatural because I LOVED Mark S on Leverage. DB is swoony. As much as I adored Tom Ellis in Miranda (British sitcom), he does little for me as Lucifer. Amenadiel OTOH...Oh, I'd sell my soul for that Angel! Also was way more into Danny (Caan) than Steve (Alex O'Laughlin) on Hawaii 5-0 though Steve was supposedly the heart throb. 

8 hours ago, Enigma X said:

With that said, as much as I like an intelligent man who shares my sarcastic humor and is creatively inclined, upon first look, it is his looks that grab me because I have no idea about any of those things before "getting to know him."

There is definitely a difference between the 'hubba hubba' looks based attraction and the attraction after you get to know someone's personality. 

I think my looks only type is still all over the place. I think for me it's more about, a playful smile, a twinkle in the eye, a great ass (I'm an ass woman, not ashamed to admit it. I like big butts and I cannot lie!) than it is about a certain body type. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1