Type keyword(s) to search

Heart Eyes: Actors, Characters, And TV Personalities You Love

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not sure if he counted as a TV personality, but since in his later years he did mostly TV appearances, but Christopher Reeve. I watched his episode of The Muppet Show on Disney+ and you could tell he was just having a ball the whole time. Same with this appearance on Sesame Street:

Even after he had his accident he never lost that warmth. Look at this PSA he and Tom Welling did after his Smallville cameo (best moment in that whole series, hands down):

I still miss him so damn much.

That PSA with Tom Welling is on the Smallville dvds and it always makes me smile at the end with each saying "Thank you." No, THANK you!" "No, thank YOU!" 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That PSA with Tom Welling is on the Smallville dvds and it always makes me smile at the end with each saying "Thank you." No, THANK you!" "No, thank YOU!" 

“Please call!” *Everyone laughs*

😍😍😍😍😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not sure if he counted as a TV personality, but since in his later years he did mostly TV appearances, but Christopher Reeve. I watched his episode of The Muppet Show on Disney+ and you could tell he was just having a ball the whole time. Same with this appearance on Sesame Street:

Even after he had his accident he never lost that warmth. Look at this PSA he and Tom Welling did after his Smallville cameo (best moment in that whole series, hands down):

I still miss him so damn much.

He was always my favorite Superman, with all due respect to Henry Cavill. He really did embodied the optimism and warmth of Superman/Clark Kent.

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

still miss him so damn much.

My mom used to work as a secretary for his grandmother. She was a writer. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

My favorite characters on Dallas started out being Pam and Bobby. But to my surprised my favorite character ended up being Sue Ellen. JR treated her like crap and she was miserable for so long. The episode when the women are being held hostage at the house. Poor Sue Ellen was put through so much crap during that situation and that's when I really started liking her.  Linda Gray did a great job with her character.

• Love 3

I saw Wedding Crashers recently and while I didn't like the movie, it did remind me how much I like Owen Wilson. And I didn't expect much from the show because I don't enjoy Loki the way a lot of other people seem to, but it was so much fun to watch him and Tom Hiddleston in their scenes together. Even when he's playing characters that are sleazy or annoying (like in the terrible 1999 version of The Haunting), there's something about Wilson that I still find appealing, or watchable at least.

• Love 6

Hadn't watched in years, but the show popped up when I was scrolling on my Amazon FireStick, and then just popped in the DVDS for Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. And I'm sure I forgot to add Joe Yummilicious Lando to my list of actors who make me go giphy.gif

Because his Sully was just sooooo scrumptious. And those EYES!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

While I adore the whole cast of The Golden Girls, Bea Arthur has a special place in my heart. She just had this thing about her that grabs ahold of you & won't let go. I remember being SO excited seeing her bit part in History of the World pt1.

Viola Davis is a queen. No ifs ands or buts about it. She can make me cry, laugh, get mad. I love watching her on late night shows because she is quite funny. I would love to see her do more comedy. 

The Simpsons. I love the entire family. They are a comfort to me.

Julie Andrews. Thanks to her netflix shows (Bridgerton & Julie's Greenroom) I can count her as a tv star. I have grown up adoring this woman. She is a delight & I still cannot believe I got to be in the same room as her in NYC a couple years back. Her wit, generosity, spirit & perseverance are just SOME of my favorite things about her. 

Conan O'Brien. He is the only late night host that I have ever stuck with. His first late night show was the highlight of my younger years. Watching him lose the Tonight Show broke my heart. I was thrilled when TBS took him on. His shows abroad are not only hilarious but they are beautiful & so well crafted. He takes the time to listen & poke fun at himself instead of others. I love his humor & his heart. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

While I adore the whole cast of The Golden Girls, Bea Arthur has a special place in my heart. She just had this thing about her that grabs ahold of you & won't let go. I remember being SO excited seeing her bit part in History of the World pt1.

Her bit role in History of the World is one of my favorite parts.   "Oh a bullshit artist," "did you bullshit last week? Did you try to bullshit last week?"  Her tone just sold it.  I also adore Madeline Kahn in that movie.  

• Love 7

I've always been really impressed with actors who can successfully do comedy, drama and really dark, evil characters because it can't be easy.  I haven't seen a lot of David Tennent's shows, but I have seen some of his Dr. Who episodes and I watched Good Omens, as well as Jessica Jones and now, Broadchurch (we have 3 episodes left in season3).  I am so impressed with how well he has done with all three kinds of characters.  I think I'd watch him in just about anything now.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I've always been really impressed with actors who can successfully do comedy, drama and really dark, evil characters because it can't be easy.  I haven't seen a lot of David Tennent's shows, but I have seen some of his Dr. Who episodes and I watched Good Omens, as well as Jessica Jones and now, Broadchurch (we have 3 episodes left in season3).  I am so impressed with how well he has done with all three kinds of characters.  I think I'd watch him in just about anything now.

@Shannon L.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I already liked David Tennant, but after Good Omens, I looked more into Michael Sheen and I'm starting to like him a lot too.

I just got a new reason few days ago, when he posted this about violence against women. Sadly, a topic most men don't bother to comment on.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I already liked David Tennant, but after Good Omens, I looked more into Michael Sheen and I'm starting to like him a lot too.

I just got a new reason few days ago, when he posted this about violence against women. Sadly, a topic most men don't bother to comment on.

Michael Sheen is great.  I loved how they played off of each other in Good Omens and he was the best part of Prodigal Son.

• Love 4

I've been watching The Good Fight and in one season Michael Sheen was a continuing character.  He played a cartoonish, arrogant, vulgar, completely distasteful lawyer that you couldn't wait to see get his comeuppance.  Of course he did it brilliantly.

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

I've been watching The Good Fight and in one season Michael Sheen was a continuing character.  He played a cartoonish, arrogant, vulgar, completely distasteful lawyer that you couldn't wait to see get his comeuppance.  Of course he did it brilliantly.

Michael Sheen has never not been brilliant.  Even in shit like that one Twilight movie.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Of course he did it brilliantly.

11 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Michael Sheen has never not been brilliant.  

I ADORE him. Even loved his turn as British Prime Minister Tony Blair in The Queen. I didn't realize he was the villain in DoLittle (Robert Downey, Jr. version) until halfway through, meaning I didn't recognize him.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I love David Tennant and Michael Sheen's real life friendship. They did a similar video with Dame Judi Dench and others. They so gave me the laughs I needed last Fall.

Video? It was a whole TV show... 😉 Two full seasons.

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Wanda Sykes. Just love her. She's a national treasure as far as I'm concerned. 

I agree.  I have been a fan of hers for about 30 years now, going back to when I first saw her perform in a comedy club.  And she just gets keeps getting funnier and smarter.  Fabulous woman.

• Love 9

We got enough snow yesterday that work was called off and I had plans to be productive, but then I discovered that Law & Order: Los Angeles was on IMDBtv. I know it's ranked pretty low in the franchise, but I got sucked in mostly because of Corey Stoll who I just find so compelling and appealing. I don't love him enough to watch The Strain (eye worms, ew), but might start watching Billions now that he's a regular. He sported an unfortunate mustache in the first batch of L&O episodes, but even that wasn't enough to obscure his hotness.

• Love 3

Bonnie Hunt - she had some great TV shows and all of them were cancelled before their time: Grand, Davis Rules, The Building, Bonnie, and Life with Bonnie and had a fun talk show with the Bonnie Hunt Show. She has a unique voice in her writing and directing and I always give a little cheer in my head whenever her name shows up in the credits.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Bonnie Hunt - she had some great TV shows and all of them were cancelled before their time: Grand, Davis Rules, The Building, Bonnie, and Life with Bonnie and had a fun talk show with the Bonnie Hunt Show. She has a unique voice in her writing and directing and I always give a little cheer in my head whenever her name shows up in the credits.

The movie Return to Me which is one of my favorites was directed by her.   She’s always great in her acting roles too

• Love 8
On 2/3/2022 at 6:40 PM, cmahorror said:

I love all her sitcoms. She is so funny.

• Love 6
On 2/4/2022 at 3:20 PM, Luckylyn said:

The movie Return to Me which is one of my favorites was directed by her.   She’s always great in her acting roles too

I LOVE that movie.  I still have it on VHS, even tho I don’t know if our dual VHS/DVD player still works for VHS.

The music in that movie is gorgeous and sets the perfect tone.

• Love 4

So far (Season 4, episode 10), I love Kevin Ryan in Castle (played by Seamus Dever).  I say "so far" because I have no idea if his character changes for the worse throughout the series.  But, I love how the character is written.  Tough, smart, kind, respectful, kind of geeky and totally enamored with his fiance to the point of being adorable.  I loved a scene in the last episode I watched where is fiance's picture was in a book of sexual conquests that was found in their latest murder victim's home and it was dated a month after the two of them had started seeing each other.  His coworkers were keeping it from him wondering if they should tell him. When they finally decided to, he was all "Yeah, we talked about it last night.  She heard his name and told me all about it. Was her picture in there?".  The coworkers looked confused and asked if he was ok with it and he said "Sure. Weren't exclusive at the time".  It was a great scene.

On a side note, Seamus Dever must look like another actor because I get the strongest feeling that I've seen him on something before--not that feeling you get when you recognize an actor's face who has done a couple of episodes here and there on another series, but a strong sense that I watched him in something regularly. But when I checked his page, I haven't seen any of his other long term series, just some of the shows where he was only in an episode or two.  It drives me crazy.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

So far (Season 4, episode 10), I love Kevin Ryan in Castle (played by Seamus Dever).  I say "so far" because I have no idea if his character changes for the worse throughout the series.  But, I love how the character is written.  Tough, smart, kind, respectful, kind of geeky and totally enamored with his fiance to the point of being adorable.  I loved a scene in the last episode I watched where is fiance's picture was in a book of sexual conquests that was found in their latest murder victim's home and it was dated a month after the two of them had started seeing each other.  His coworkers were keeping it from him wondering if they should tell him. When they finally decided to, he was all "Yeah, we talked about it last night.  She heard his name and told me all about it. Was her picture in there?".  The coworkers looked confused and asked if he was ok with it and he said "Sure. Weren't exclusive at the time".  It was a great scene.

You mean, someone actually managed to write a scene were a man does not immediately consider a woman his property the second he asks her out and get all jealous and pissy when he finds out she has been with someone else? Will wonders never cease. 

That is how you write a strong relationship. She doesn't tried to hide the fact that she got with this other guy and he doesn't get jealous about it because they had just started seeing each other and weren't exclusive. Beautiful!!!!!

I haven't watched Castle in ages but I do remember liking his character (I had to look at his picture to remember which cop he was, but yeah, he was the one I liked). I honestly ended up preferring him to Castle the man-baby after a while. Mature, sensible men are sexy. Overgrown toddlers who are rich and therefore meant to be a "catch" are less so. 

• Love 7

LeVar Burton.  I have an unlimited well of goodwill for him from growing up with Reading Rainbow. In third grade, we did a class project where we created a town, and we each had to create a business or public service to contribute to the needs of the town.  I opted to found the town library and name it the “Reading Rainbow Library” in an act of unrepentant copyright infringement.  :-)

And then I later on, I got into watching “Star Trek:  The Next Generation” and really found myself adoring the character LeVar portrayed there, Geordi LaForge.  TNG is still one of my go-to comfort shows to this day.

Plus, how can you not love his guest turn on “Community” where Troy Barnes, LeVar’s #1 fan, gets to meet his idol and is too starstruck to say anything:

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Peace 47 said:

LeVar Burton.  I have an unlimited well of goodwill for him from growing up with Reading Rainbow. In third grade, we did a class project where we created a town, and we each had to create a business or public service to contribute to the needs of the town.  I opted to found the town library and name it the “Reading Rainbow Library” in an act of unrepentant copyright infringement.  :-)

And then I later on, I got into watching “Star Trek:  The Next Generation” and really found myself adoring the character LeVar portrayed there, Geordi LaForge.  TNG is still one of my go-to comfort shows to this day.

Plus, how can you not love his guest turn on “Community” where Troy Barnes, LeVar’s #1 fan, gets to meet his idol and is too starstruck to say anything:

And what's even more awesome about him is that he's spent decades truly committing himself above and beyond just the production of the show to try to encourage as many children to learn to enjoy reading and using that to be creative (especially those children who have often had little community or family support in becoming truly literate)! 

• Love 12
On 2/16/2022 at 5:42 PM, Shannon L. said:

On a side note, Seamus Dever must look like another actor because I get the strongest feeling that I've seen him on something before--not that feeling you get when you recognize an actor's face who has done a couple of episodes here and there on another series, but a strong sense that I watched him in something regularly. But when I checked his page, I haven't seen any of his other long term series, just some of the shows where he was only in an episode or two.  It drives me crazy.

I loved that scene. I really expected it to go the way it usually does were the guy completely freaks out. Nope, I love that Kevin handled it so maturely. 

• Love 7

Ryan & Espo we’re the perfect dynamic of a team.  Sometimes Ryan got a little too enthusiastic abt a case, ala Castle, to the point they called him Castle Jr.

Espo was more hot head, and gruff, down to earth.  He kept Ryanlevel headed and Ryan gave Espo some vulnerability and softness.

They we’re the perfect bromance (not Ship)

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Ryan & Espo we’re the perfect dynamic of a team.  Sometimes Ryan got a little too enthusiastic abt a case, ala Castle, to the point they called him Castle Jr.

Espo was more hot head, and gruff, down to earth.  He kept Ryanlevel headed and Ryan gave Espo some vulnerability and softness.

They we’re the perfect bromance (not Ship)

They were great together. I would happily have watched a spinoff focused on the two of them. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I would 10 to 1 rather have watched that than the last few seasons of Castle. LOL

Same. I loved it the first season but the Castle/Beckett push and pull wore on me very quickly. I think I made it through 2-3 seasons then just kind of wondered off to do something else and I mainly stuck with it because of Ryan and Esposito and Lanie. Loved Lanie. She can be on my imaginary spin off too. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Same. I loved it the first season but the Castle/Beckett push and pull wore on me very quickly. I think I made it through 2-3 seasons then just kind of wondered off to do something else and I mainly stuck with it because of Ryan and Esposito and Lanie. Loved Lanie. She can be on my imaginary spin off too. 

Oh I loved Lanie too! I can't remember exactly the point I got disenchanted with Castle, but I lump it in the same category of The Mentalist in that it was a show I enjoyed for its lighter moments, but they kept doubling down on dour backstory crap I could not have cared less about. I watch lots of dour prestige TV and am fine with darker shows, but it wasn't well executed and just left me scratching my head why they abandoned what they did well for what they did poorly. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I can't remember exactly the point I got disenchanted with Castle, but I lump it in the same category of The Mentalist in that it was a show I enjoyed for its lighter moments, but they kept doubling down on dour backstory crap I could not have cared less about.

I think that is what it was for me. I liked the fun of the show but I think I started losing interest when they leaned more into Beckett's tragic past. The whole "cop who lost a parent and is determined to solve the murder" is a trope I can't stand. It's the same reason I eventually went off Monk. They leaned too hard into the whole Trudy mystery. 

Staying on the subject of characters I love... I loved Sharona on Monk. It's another reason I lost interest in the show, she went away. 

I also LOVED Lassiter on Psych long after I began to find Shawn exhausting. 

I think the theme here is, I hate main character and usually watch shows for the supporting cast. lol

My very first TV crush, and still crush, was Doctor Benjamin Franklyn "Hawkeye" Peirce. He made my little girl heart swoon. Even as a kid I loved my men snarky. lol

• Love 7
Just now, Mabinogia said:

I think the theme here is, I hate main character and usually watch shows for the supporting cast. lol

This is so true for me! It's very rare that I actually like a main character. I watched the entire run of Boardwalk Empire (and have rewatched several times) while absolutely despising Nucky Thompson. I was there for everyone else. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I think that is what it was for me. I liked the fun of the show but I think I started losing interest when they leaned more into Beckett's tragic past. The whole "cop who lost a parent and is determined to solve the murder" is a trope I can't stand.

Not to mention that a psychological profile like “parent’s murder is unsolved” usually gets someone drummed out at the application stage for law enforcement.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I think that is what it was for me. I liked the fun of the show but I think I started losing interest when they leaned more into Beckett's tragic past. The whole "cop who lost a parent and is determined to solve the murder" is a trope I can't stand. It's the same reason I eventually went off Monk. They leaned too hard into the whole Trudy mystery. 

Staying on the subject of characters I love... I loved Sharona on Monk. It's another reason I lost interest in the show, she went away. 

Agree on both points! Sharona was a great contrast to Monk. The second Sharona (I can’t even remember her name) was inferior in every way.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Agree on both points! Sharona was a great contrast to Monk. The second Sharona (I can’t even remember her name) was inferior in every way.

I always felt like Sharona challenged Monk but knew when to pull back, which makes sense since she started as a nurse so she would be more understanding of such things. Natalie seemed like more of an enabler to me. I also felt like once the more Hollywood acceptable thin sidekicked showed up the show flirted with the idea of a pairing while Monk and Sharona were clearly NEVER going to be anything other than BFFs. 

52 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Not to mention that a psychological profile like “parent’s murder is unsolved” usually gets someone drummed out at the application stage for law enforcement.

Yet, if all you knew about law enforcement was what is shown on TV you'd assume that unsolved parent murder was a requirement. Though unsolved sibling or romantic interest murder could get you in as well, provided, if female, you can run in heels and a far too tight, low cut blouse. If you're male you just need an attitude and a drinking problem. 

• Love 5
On 2/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Shannon L. said:

Fun fact - the girlfriend in question was then and still is Seamus Dever's real life wife, Juliana Dever.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Even as a kid I loved my men snarky. lol

LOL, same :D. I love guys with a snarky, smartass, witty sense of humor. I've definitely noticed a lot of my favorite male characters have that in common. 

I liked both Sharona and Natalie on "Monk", myself. I think they each brought out something special and unique in their relationship and interactions with Monk. 

• Love 7