Type keyword(s) to search

Heart Eyes: Actors, Characters, And TV Personalities You Love

• Start Topic

On 9/16/2023 at 12:46 PM, Blergh said:
On 9/15/2023 at 8:06 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think Jack Lord is so very hawt. He may not be classically handsome, but I love his combination of craggy and chiseled looks.

Whaaaat???

To each one's own re considering others' hotness but before one gets too enthralled, take a look at his bio which revealed that he saw his only child a single time in infancy before he split from his first wife and he wasn't the easiest performer to work with.

At least he was generous to charities and had it set up that his fortune would go to them after his widow's death.

When I was in high school and Sugar Ray was popular, this girl was talking about how hot Mark McGrath was. Someone else started talking about how she read he was a bad boyfriend. Then a third girl goes, "That doesn't mean he can't be hot." This reminds me of that. 😄

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6

Caught an old Magnum PI yesterday with guest star Erin Gray. It was from 1981 so it was after Buck Rogers and before Silver Spoons. Looked it up and it was a backdoor pilot for a possible series for her. Shame it didn't get picked up. Always loved her. The late 70s and early 80s had a wealth of gorgeous actresses but she was my favorite.

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Owen Wilson is officially good in my book.

Not that I ever disliked him before, he always struck me as a chill guy but hearing this? It’s nice to know some people have integrity!

He has a daughter he apparently ignores other than paying child support so good on him for not taking that role but I liked him less after hearing the rumor about his daughter.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

He has a daughter he apparently ignores other than paying child support so good on him for not taking that role but I liked him less after hearing the rumor about his daughter.

Eh, I've seen a lot of family cases in the court where I work, and situations are often not as they appear.  Just because the mother says she wants the daughter to see him, doesn't mean she told the truth to the tabloid reporter.  And since he required a paternity test, it sounds like there were a lot of problems in that relationship.  So I'm not judging him based on a situation where I don't have information.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
9 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Just because the mother says she wants the daughter to see him, doesn't mean she told the truth to the tabloid reporter.  And since he required a paternity test, it sounds like there were a lot of problems in that relationship.

Sure, but he is the father.  I guess she could be lying about him choosing to not even attempt to get visitation but I can't think of a situation where the child should pay the price for a poor relationship between the parents.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Sure, but he is the father.  I guess she could be lying about him choosing to not even attempt to get visitation but I can't think of a situation where the child should pay the price for a poor relationship between the parents.

I still refuse to judge because I do not have enough info.  And it's actually none of my business.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I love the cast of characters on Ghosts especially Hetty. Rebecca Wisocky is brilliant.

She appeared in just one scene as a defense attorney on Major Crimes, in which I really took to her and also vaguely recognized her; looking her up, she'd played a suffragette in the flashbacks of an episode of Cold Case.  So she'd guest starred in two of my handful of exceptions to my hatred of cop shows, and that was enough for me to recognize her when Ghosts promos popped up.  The premise of that show did nothing for me (I don't tend to go for shows rooted in alternate realities), but, for some reason I can't even recall, during the second season I started watching.  I fell in love with the show, and was particularly tickled to see Wisocky killing it.  I love that she's achieved this level of success at this point in her career.

• Like 3

Yeah, I really love the "Ghosts" cast, too. They all seem like a fun, cool, lovely group of people and I just really like that they're so close on and off the set. This cast in general was new to me when I first checked out this show, and it's been so great getting to become familiar with a new set of actors - i've been trying to go through and check out their other work outside "Ghsots" as well. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Bastet said:

She appeared in just one scene as a defense attorney on Major Crimes, in which I really took to her and also vaguely recognized her; looking her up, she'd played a suffragette in the flashbacks of an episode of Cold Case.

She and Tom Irwin also stole the show Devious Maids for me. 

• Like 3

If you like the original Ghosts, check out Horrible Histories, Yonderland, and Bill if you can find them. HH is on Hulu. The core group of Laurence Rickard, Jim Howik, Simon Farnby, Martha Howe-Dougles, Ben Willbond, and Mathew Baynton wrote and appeared in them all. Most of them also pop up in other series--Willbond was in an episode of Inside No. 9, for example, and Baynton guest starred on the US Ghosts.

Edited by ABay
  • Like 3