Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Second Honeymoons

• Start Topic

The caterwauling of the generic singers and awful soundtrack...

Cody's stupid belt.. a strap is not a belt.

You can hear Danielle's vajayjay snap shut whenever Cody says the word consummate....

Danielle's repulsed face when they were sitting on the log and Cody brought up wanting sex.. hope that clip is on the Jamie Odious Unfiltered show and she can point out to Cody that sex was never on the table...

Spoiler alert! Thanks for spoiling the drama if Ant/Ash will stay together...duh, they signed a new lease in Lauren's building...

Sheila and N8...at least you had a good time in the sack during the experiment, there is no longevity in your relationship because both of you are too volatile with your words and actions.

You two can be friends with benefits once Sheila files for divorce and gets a new drivers license with her original name...

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

No it's a human thing. Some people procrastinate.

Exactly. Its not a man thing only. I know plenty of women that do that as well. My sister in law is pretty good at it when it comes to many things she should have had done by this point....my mother in law complains a ton about it...as they share a house. Then sis in law gets bitchy acting like its someone else's fault. Go figure. 

2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Spoiler alert! Thanks for spoiling the drama if Ant/Ash will stay together...duh, they signed a new lease in Lauren's building...

What is up with that this season? Never have they done it before but then to try to act like there could be doubt on it for the previews? Stupid producers. 

• Love 3

Cody man. Just stop coming off so pressed about relations. You are coming off desperate and that's never attractive. Go out without her. Have some fun. Make it seem like it's not getting you. I'm not one for playing games but he's been honest. If neither of them will walk away then change shit up. 

Anthony is in a lose lose situation. When they move in, sis will be dropping by all the time. I don't think she's the type to worry about privacy too much. There would also be almost constant pressure to hang out. Even if she's amazing, I think space is needed.

If he didn't move on, sis would never let it go. Anytime, something goes wrong in the other apartment she would have something to say. There would be constant truth in gest jokes. Just blah. I need space from family members whether I love them or are close to them or not. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Ashley's sister will be a more constant presence than Tyrique,  once the baby arrives. 

For good or ill, Anthony; for good or ill.

As for "Starving Rock Lodge": Nothing says "romance" like taxidermy!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 8

Cody: it's been so hard to go ten years without sex in Danielle and I's relationship, but if I just keep showing her that I'm a good husband and feeding the dogs, Danielle and me will get there.

I feel like at this point, Danielle would consider having sex with her dogs before she would ever consider having sex with Cody.  I feel badly for both of them.  I'm sure the producers pester Cody to talk about this all the time, and it puts he and Danielle in some never ending cycle where they both have to dance around the obvious.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cody & Danielle:  I wore out my remote battery muting them every time they said anything or doing anything that was supposedly trying to make things "romantical" between the 2 manila folder couple. 2 months in and shes still "deciding" if she has any sparks for him? hmmm yeah ok lmao. Ive seen more sparks coming out of a bottle rocket soaked in water. Prediction: Divorce.

Anthony & Ashley: They seem to have hit it off and genuinely like each other. They just need time to work out all their quirks and mannerisms between themelves and they should be fine going forward. Sure, they have got their own things to obstacle but its far less destructive than what the other 2 couples have to deal with atm. Prediction: Stay married.

Nate & Sheila: Wow what a freaking train wreck lmao. Thats gotta be one of the most toxic relationships seen on MAFS since Jessica & Ryan. Sheila is just bat shit crazy and nate is a nutcase. Their highs of highs and lows of lows is just so painful to watch. Dont see how this unhealthy marriage could ever last long term imo. Prediction: Divorce.

Edited by STRIDER1
  • Love 4

As much as Ant and Ashely seem to get along...there is a big red flag I can see in their relationship...and that is Anthony's continuous concern that he is compromising too much. That's just a classic comitment phobic language.

To have a successful marriage, you have to be willing to give 100%, and Anthony is already overly concerned he's giving more than 50%.

His attitude will become more of a problem if they move forward...'cause it sure isn't going to get better for him once they start having children.

I have seen this sooooo many times IRL.  Relationships and marriages fail over it.  

I've also seen (many times), men like Anthony who upon meeting the right person jump 100% In without hesitation.  

I just think these two should slow down and resolve this.  My concern is Ashley is so concentrated on finding a father for her future children that she's missing the red flag.

• Love 4

As far as Cody and Danielle, I agree the entire relationship (if you can call it that) is producer driven.  There is just nothing there.  It's already died a million deaths.  Cody is too immature to have a real relationship.  And Danielle seems to be trying her best to go along with production.  I think when she looks back at this whole experiment, shed just gonna cringe with embarrassment.  

This whole production thing is bringing out the worse in both if them.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

OMG could pepper just SHUT UP!!! There is a reason they don't say I love you. It doesn't matter if they do or not at this point since as we are reminded its now "7 weeks since they got married as strangers." *gag* calvin needs to shut up as well. I wish they would stop acting like they gave a shit about these people too because they really don't care what happens to them. If they did they would be more responsible with matches and advice and butting in like they do. 

Anthony and Ashley are cute together. Him helping her along like he did was sweet and the tent set up. Ok sorry but why would Ashley's sister say she can come over and borrow her clothes...its obvious they don't wear the same size but I doubt her sister is as bad as she has come off on the show and sounds. I think its more a producer butting in issue really. Otherwise why have we only seen her a few times? You would think we would have seen her a ton more if it was really that big an issue. I laughed at the she isn't going to have a key question by him. Which my MIL has a key for our place and we do her's. Yet she knocks and doesn't just barge in and we do the same as well. Really, why make it seem like there is doubt with them but show us how they signed for a new place to live? Stupid MAFS producers/editors. UGH

As far as the I love yous with Anthony and Ashley.....I can imagine neither one wanted to say it on camera really. Yet it reminds me of when I was first dating my husband. We both knew we felt it but weren't saying it. He would tell me how if I wanted to say something to him I could. I didn't want to say it and risk not hearing it back of course. So I just waiting for him to say it. Which didn't take to long from that time. I still remember where too. LOL 

PLEASE someone tape Danielle's mouth so we don't hear more of this trying to bring back those feelings from the wedding day and the "romantical". There was no feelings there you already admitted that so stop saying otherwise. No wonder they were matched...they both have this stupid blank looks on their faces all the time and no personalities from either one really. She so needs to chill on the blush and that same shade of lipstick. Oh Danielle, 1983 called and they want their Flashdance look back. 

I am betting that there is so much more in their talks and THs that we are not getting to make it sound like its always about sex but yet its not. The way the TH in the last scene with Cody was so obvious it was more said then about sex. This whole crap is just the edit wackjobs and the producers standing over them telling them to keep it on the one topic. Otherwise why not show us more of what they did? I don't think Danielle or Cody were going to out the producers in their ear on Unfiltered. They are the only 2 that haven't really said a thing about them when you look at it. Which even on Unfiltered its all they discuss with them too it seems like. To much with this doesn't add up at all to just being about this. Even when talking about it neither of them sounds like there is meaning behind what they are saying. It comes off more like "ugh we have to do this topic AGAIN" sounding. Which I know many don't think this is the case and that is fine but this is my opinion and how I see it and I'm not going to be debating back and forth over it. I've said all I will on it for this week. 

UGH I hate when these "experts" tell the people how they feel. Sorry calvin has no right to tell Sheila or anyone else how they are allowed to feel or suppose to feel or trust. This is crap that I can't stand because its the idiot "experts" trying to make the decisions for the people in the relationship. I don't think so. ICK Nate had to go there with the "queen" comment. Of course they are back together. *rollseyes*

I got the feeling from all the booze in her apartment she liked drinking a lot. Yet I also find it hard to believe she is one of those girls that waits before jumping into bed with some guy.....if she is feeling that "chemistry". The fact is she said there was no chemistry with Cody from the get go. Which ok fine but stop with all the bs talk already.....by both of them. 

Its all in the editing and timing as well of those glasses too remember. Last season people though Heather was an alcoholic and drank to much on the honeymoon at a dinner but yet it was a play with the edit. One second her's looked empty and his full and then like she had another drink in the next edit while his is half empty and so on. Yet a big sign of things was what else was on the table during those scenes. Food at times and other times no food. The show is not famous for its good edit jobs. LOL Danielle had some empty glasses in front of her as well. BTW, even Ashley and Anthony's dinner was edited badly too. Food on the table...then the to go box....then food back again. Most of the time when he was supposedly saying something we saw the back of his head. So really its more than likely not even what was being discussed in that moment of the scenes but they used the audio those scenes. Nate and Sheila's meal too. One minute her face was smiling and she was sounding one way that didn't match then they show his faces and they were different each second too. Guess it tells you the budget never makes it for the editing in this show. LOL

Yes, yes, and yes.  The "Experts" are sooo thrilled that they have a "live one" on the hook with Ashley & Anthony, that they are beside themselves with joy and want more juice.  They want them to say a very important "I Love You" on camera.  This is too sacred and something to remember for the rest of their lives, and it damn well will not be on national t.v., so STFU all you drooling asshat experts.  I still remember my husband telling me those three words and the time and place exactly umpteen years ago.  Anthony is a smart guy and he ain't giving them didly squat.  Now, I hope Anthony doesn't say it next week and make a jerk out of my theory, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ezzy4 said:

As far as Cody and Danielle, I agree the entire relationship (if you can call it that) is producer driven.  There is just nothing there.  It's already died a million deaths.  Cody is too immature to have a real relationship.  And Danielle seems to be trying her best to go along with production.  I think when she looks back at this whole experiment, shed just gonna cringe with embarrassment.  

If there were any chance of the two of them "clicking" production sabotaged it with having them talk about it all the time.  The show puts waaaay too much pressure on the couples that just aren't feeling it right away and after constant beating a dead horse any chance of them feeling it goes out the window, never to return.  I don't doubt that production had something to do with making Cody become so fixated on what he wasn't getting that he could never appreciate what he was getting.  And vice versa with Danielle.  If all you're doing is examining the problems in the relationship, you never have enough time to HAVE the relationship or appreciate the relationship and it gets stuck in first gear.  You'll always be seeing the glass half empty.  This happens every season on this show.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

And, what's one more guy?  I'm sure she's had sex before .. And they are married after all.   What the heck.

8 hours ago, answerphone said:

Danielle, you're not an innocent virgin. If you have even a tiny bit of interest in staying with Cody, Just Do It!  You agreed to marry him.  She drank all that beer and still wasn't interested? 

I'm sorry. I just can't. Why in the world would you expect her to do something she wasn't comfortable with? So, her body and self worth mean nothing? If a man whines, she should just give him what he wants?

I'm no raging feminist, but we have such a double standard. She should just give in to shut him up, but we don't expect him to go without sex for (gasp) eight weeks? What about if down the road his wife gets sick? Or has a rough pregnancy? Or is out of commission for whatever reason? He can't just be a gentleman and have a little self control? Poor Cody doesn't know how much longer he can take it. Maybe when Danielle says she wants a more manly man, what she means is that she wants one who doesn't act like a toddler in the grocery store badgering mom for a cookie.

Cody has made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in making love to his wife. To him, marriage equals sex. This isn't me reading into it. He has whined on multiple occasions that he should be having sex because he has a ring on his finger.

I know he's young and just doesn't get it. But that doesn't have to be Danielle's problem.

The fact that she has had sex before doesn't mean she wants to have sex now. Why would we crum on her at all? Yes, she agreed to the experiment - but if you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. That's why it's an experiment. The results are not guaranteed.

I'm generally a team player, and certainly no prude. I probably would have just done it, but everyone is different. 

At this point, it's boarderline insulting. 'Cause nothing gets a girl hotter than "put out or I'm out" threats.

• Love 22
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

I'm sorry. I just can't. Why in the world would you expect her to do something she wasn't comfortable with? So, her body and self worth mean nothing? If a man whines, she should just give him what he wants?

I'm no raging feminist, but we have such a double standard. She should just give in to shut him up, but we don't expect him to go without sex for (gasp) eight weeks? What about if down the road his wife gets sick? Or has a rough pregnancy? Or is out of commission for whatever reason? He can't just be a gentleman and have a little self control? Poor Cody doesn't know how much longer he can take it. Maybe when Danielle says she wants a more manly man, what she means is that she wants one who doesn't act like a toddler in the grocery store badgering mom for a cookie.

Cody has made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in making love to his wife. To him, marriage equals sex. This isn't me reading into it. He has whined on multiple occasions that he should be having sex because he has a ring on his finger.

I know he's young and just doesn't get it. But that doesn't have to be Danielle's problem.

The fact that she has had sex before doesn't mean she wants to have sex now. Why would we crum on her at all? Yes, she agreed to the experiment - but if you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. That's why it's an experiment. The results are not guaranteed.

I'm generally a team player, and certainly no prude. I probably would have just done it, but everyone is different. 

At this point, it's boarderline insulting. 'Cause nothing gets a girl hotter than "put out or I'm out" threats.

OMG, @Hockeymom, you took the words right out of my mouth - I was just gearing up for a rant on this very subject!  And what's even WORSE is if Cody were a great guy that wasn't obviously a whiny little twit I might have some sympathy for him but he's not, so why even from that perspective question why Danielle isn't feeling it with him?  I just don't get it.

The thing is that Danielle is sensing all of this with him, I am sure.  She is thinking  that if all he can do is be preoccupied with their lack of physical intimacy this early in the relationship, he's not putting enough emphasis on the other aspects of it which are arguably more important down the line, like the stuff you mention above - Can she trust him to care for her if she gets sick, or during pregnancy, etc.?  She's thinking that if she has sex with him too soon before she has a solid feeling about him for the long haul she's putting the cart before the horse and might regret it if he isn't feeling more than just physical attraction for her after the 8 weeks are up.  She knows she is risking getting dumped anyway because he's obviously not into her in any OTHER way!  She also knows that a guy she can trust would be patient with her and be a GENTLEMAN and not act like a whiny little victim and spoiled brat about it.  If not having sex with her in the first few weeks is a "deal breaker" then he doesn't give two craps about HER and she knows it!  A MATURE guy would be patient and understand that a woman might need time to warm up to him.  He would instead give her reasons to find him attractive.  He wouldn't take it as some kind of rejection and act all pissy about it.  As far as I have known for most of my 59 years on this planet THAT is a sure sign of immaturity and NOT being ready for a commitment!  I also just can't believe that this behavior is defended, especially by women because of all the reasons you state above about his behavior being insulting to us!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

I think Anthony and Ashley will stay married for now, but I don't see them succeeding long-term.  Ashley has NO boundaries with her sister at all, and her sister is SO dominant that I don't see Anthony being able to crack that.  Ashley WILL give her sister a key if she demands it, and that is where Anthony will either have to draw a line in the sand or walk.  Ashley may then insist that her sister have the key, and there they are.

If Ashley manages to set some boundaries, I don't see them lasting because she is such a doomsayer.  She is afraid of her own shadow and unless she learns to conquer her fears from him, they will probably get to a point where he goes hiking without her and other "adventurous" activities without her, meet someone else who IS more like him, and boom -- there you go.

Prediction:  Will stay married for now but will split within a year or two.

I don't even care what the other two couples do.

• Love 3

Anthony seems to be the one doing most of the compromising.  I  have a feeling he is going to eventually blow up.  It’s just a matter of time. 

If Nate and Sheila decide to stay together, I hope he keeps a list of words and phrases he should not say.  The thing is, even though he has seemingly forgiven her for calling him a “Bish” on National Television, his family and friends will never forgive her.  He can count on them reminding him from time to time; especially his mother. 

This season has been boring; a complete waste of time.  It seems as though I've been watching the same scenes week after week.  Anthony compromises; Nate and Sheila argue and make up; Cody complaining about not getting any.  At this rate, they could have had D-Day after week 3. 

• Love 7

I have been finding the last couple of episodes boring. Boy, they have a low budget for this show. I grew up in Milwaukee and go there frequently even though I am in Chicago now. Milwaukee is a very artsy, hipster town with tons of art galleries, cafes, bistros, etc, but of course they send Danielle and Cody to a small free brewery tour and then the most generic looking bar they could find. Why not let them go to the art museum or one of the waterfront breweries or the cool Public market? Same with Ashley and Anthony. It seems like A&A have no big issues and want to just live their lives. Danielle and Cody just want out. Yes, Cody apparently wants sex, but I am half convinced he is being forced to say that over and over again because I don't think he is even attracted to Danielle and vice versa. Nate and Sheila need major help and since we see only a small part of any of their disagreements, I have no idea what or where the problem lies. They might stay together for the decision day, but they will not stay married. I have said this before, and I don't know if they are even attracted to each other. They both have religious faith and they both believe in marriage, but I just don't see the romantic chemistry that makes you want to fight for your relationship. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I don't think she isn't into him sexually.  She just isn't into HIM, period as a person in general, and THAT'S why she doesn't want to be physical with him.  When she says there's no "spark" there, she's talking about clicking with him as a person, not sexually - I said this a few days ago in another thread and she confirmed it in the "Unfiltered" that was tacked at the end of this episode.  I realized then that I have been right about her feelings all along.  If she clicked with him as a person her desire for sex with him would definitely follow.  She has been clear that her not wanting sex is not because she doesn't find him attractive physically.  She does.  She just isn't finding him attractive as a PERSON.  His INSIDES.  And let's face it - a guy that's non-stop "poor little old me" about her not wanting to have sex with him is only going to make her find him LESS attractive as a person.  He is the one putting a big cock block in front of him when he acts that way.  He is not allowing her to feel close to him in any way, either emotionally or physically.   And he's also not allowing HIMSELF to click with her either!  She made clear to Jamie Otis that he was non-stop about it even after having discussions with him to explain it to him.  One would think the guy would get a clue and be patient and stop that behavior so MAYBE something could grow between them (hah, that too!), but NOOOOO.  

And I don't blame Danielle for wanting to click on an emotional level with a guy she just MARRIED before she has sex with him.  Why have sex with him if there's no deeper connection?  If you're marrying the person you want a deeper connection otherwise it's just an affair.  This is not a Tinder hook-up, this is MARRIAGE.  Of course Cody can't even grasp that concept because he strikes me as someone that has not had very deep relationships with women in his past.  It's mostly been about surface stuff between him and women.  And with him sex is the first thing on the agenda and if anything else follows, great.  If not, oh well, on to the next sexual hook up.  He just can't relate to a person that wants a real connection with a person before they have sex.  Anthony and Ashley clicked from DAY ONE so that was no issue for them.  Same for Tom and Lilly last year.  But Danielle and Cody did not click at all, but all Cody can do is whine about not having sex which tells me he doesn't care about clicking with anyone before he has sex.  He just wants to have sex, period, and then maybe he might be interested in a relationship.  That's OK if you're just dating around, but this guy just got MARRIED.  I'm sure this was not lost on Danielle.  She was probably thinking to herself the whole time, "We don't even click as people and all he can do is whine about not having sex with me?  What is this about for him?"  It's like he's made her having sex with him a prerequisite for investing himself in her as a person.  If she doesn't have sex with him he'll just be on to the next person.  What woman on this EARTH would find that attractive?   He's just made it obvious that he's not interested in HER as a person at all, just getting into BED with her and then MAYBE having a relationship with her (I guess if the sex is good enough).  Basically telling Jamie he can't trust Danielle unless she has sex with him was just over the top.  It's all about her serving HIM, he couldn't care less about what SHE needs at all!

I personally have not found ONE thing about Cody attractive as a person this entire season.  Anthony and Nate both seem like great guys but Cody?  He's a whiny, self-centered, clueless, immature little twit.  Sorry, I don't love Danielle either but I still don't blame her on that point one bit.

11 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Cody- STFU!!!  

Oh.dear.Lord.shut.the.f.up!!!

Just SHUT UP!  

Why would ANY woman marry such a middle school man-child??

This is Cody reading the MFS contract:

So if I go on this show, I'll get paid and laid?  Also, if I don't like my wife, I can just get rid of her in a no strings attached divorce...sweet!

• Love 8

Cody is like the ass hole teenager - have sex with me or I'll break up with you.  I've not been a Danielle fan but I'm way done with Cody at this point. She should've done a Heather (from season 4) earlier on though, instead of giving this imbecile anything to work with like (gasp) hand holding.

I was waiting for her to get up & leave after the log comment, but there she sits still putting up with his bullying. And yes, I feel at this point his pressure is becoming passive bullying.

Unless he grows up & sees marriage as more than a booty call he deserves to live unhappily ever after with his hand as his forever partner.

• Love 14

When asked on the TH, if she would stay married  right then, she said yes.

She is no femme fatale , what if Cody said he wanted a more feminine girl, how do you think Danielle would act.  Actually, I really don't care

If Nate decides to stay married, I think he should require her to get heavy counseling.  I really do hope she sees herself as we do when reviewing the "documentation" and realizes how crazy she acts.

• Love 4

I think Sheila may have broken Nate. He just didn't have that same love struck look on his face after they made up. You really can't build trust with someone who threatens to leave every time there is an argument.  "I'm done with you" 3x in seven weeks is a relationship killer.  I really liked this couple and was rooting for them.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I think Sheila may have broken Nate. He just didn't have that same love struck look on his face after they made up. You really can't build trust with someone who threatens to leave every time there is an argument.  "I'm done with you" 3x in seven weeks is a relationship killer.  I really liked this couple and was rooting for them.

I was just saying that on the SM thread. At their dinner she looked well but he looked noticeably tired & worn out. She's rolling over him like a steam roller, then keeps going, & while he's trying to pull himself out of it she rolls right over him again. He's not ever going to be perfect & she'll have to get a handle on her reactivity or he's going to shut down completely.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, JAndy said:

Nate can't scream at Sheila, but she's allowed to multiple times. 

I know the producers probably are giving her a bad edit, but they can't fake her screaming at him. 

And he repeatedly said he didn't call her a bitch, but she called him one and that was perfectly okay?

• Love 5
(edited)

I am new here and dont understand some of the abbreviations used in this thread lol

" I was just saying that on the SM thread "... Whats SM? 

" When asked on the TH "... Whats TH?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by STRIDER1
2 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

SM is Social Media. I don't know what TH is either!

TH = Talking Head, where the participants are sitting on the couch and simply commenting on what they're doing on screen.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

SM is Social Media. I don't know what TH is either!

Thanks Hockeymom

Just now, okerry said:

TH = Talking Head, where the participants are sitting on the couch and simply commenting on what they're doing on screen.

Thanks okerry

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

And he repeatedly said he didn't call her a bitch, but she called him one and that was perfectly okay?

Sheila goes by the rule of the land, "Do as I say, not as I do" so it is okaaay according to Nate's ruling Queen.

• Love 4

Maybe the unforgivable comment that we are not allowed to know that Nate said to Sheila was that it's no wonder she hasn't had chocolate, it's because she's a stone cold frigid entitled bitch! 

Cody:

This is so hard...

I keep trying but it's so hard....

Marriage is really hard.....

Not having saxxxxxx is so hard....

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I have been finding the last couple of episodes boring. Boy, they have a low budget for this show. I grew up in Milwaukee and go there frequently even though I am in Chicago now. Milwaukee is a very artsy, hipster town with tons of art galleries, cafes, bistros, etc, but of course they send Danielle and Cody to a small free brewery tour and then the most generic looking bar they could find. Why not let them go to the art museum or one of the waterfront breweries or the cool Public market? Same with Ashley and Anthony. It seems like A&A have no big issues and want to just live their lives. Danielle and Cody just want out. Yes, Cody apparently wants sex, but I am half convinced he is being forced to say that over and over again because I don't think he is even attracted to Danielle and vice versa. Nate and Sheila need major help and since we see only a small part of any of their disagreements, I have no idea what or where the problem lies. They might stay together for the decision day, but they will not stay married. I have said this before, and I don't know if they are even attracted to each other. They both have religious faith and they both believe in marriage, but I just don't see the romantic chemistry that makes you want to fight for your relationship. 

I can only assume that maybe its the only places they could get in with a camera crew in tow. Some places may not want all that crap there. Yet I would bet they did more than that but we just didn't see it because of the edits made....which the other times might not have been scenes that would fit with the whole topic of not having sex yet. *rollseyes* I do also think that they have a pretty low budget for this show compared to most "reality" shows. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

Sheila doesn't seem to realise that there are only so many times you can make a man the villain in a fight you yourself started for no real reason, before they retrieve their balls and go find someone who appreciates them. She threw a couple of fits and instead of running for the hills, Nate groveled and apologised, so now she's taking him for granted and thinks she can train him by punishing him for every little thing he does wrong. That's not how it works though in real life. She may be feeling chipper now since he proved his love and loyalty, again, but he's worn out and starting to see just how unfair and unbalanced the situation is. It's fine for her to say stuff like "I'm ending the marriage" and "I don't want to be with someone like you" and call him a bitch and speak to him with total disrespect, but god forbid he says something nasty in the heat of the moment and everything he does right is void and she's out of the door. If he said something along the lines of "No wonder no man has loved you at your worst, since you act like a spoiled child" then I would agree. IMO Nate has been far more patient with her moods than most men would be and if she drives him away, she'll regret it for a long time. If this is her pattern of behaviour while in a relationship, then no wonder she's single. No one will put up with that long term. Sheila thrives on being the victim and that has got to stop, since Nate will get fed up with being the perpetrator.

I think A&A are just fine and I'm sick of the producers trying to create conflict and doubt. They signed a lease already and paid the deposit/rent! Why would you even try to pretend one of them might still bail? The mind boggles. In other news, I googled the place they stayed at just to see if there was any mention of the dead animals and I didn't see a single animal in any of the pics. Did the show put them there as props and if so, why? So random.

I want to slit my wrists every time Cody and Danielle appear on screen. They've been treading water for the past 10 episodes (at least) and if I hear Cody whining about not getting any one more time, or Danielle saying she's "just not there yet", I will scream. You wouldn't think Cody could make himself any less attractive at this point, but then he throws in another comment about hard it is to not have sex and he succeeds. If you can't just enjoy the moment, or let your so called wife enjoy the moment, without once again reminding her that getting laid would be nice, then you're a clueless idiot. Sorry, but you're actively keeping her at arm's length with all the whining and pressuring, so you can blame yourself. He's such a "nice guy". Barf.

• Love 8

I am going to take a slightly different approach to the Cody/Danielle death-spiral (board on boards here!!!!!!)

She was having sexy time with him initially, but then she realized she isn't attracted to him as a person. She probably acted out of lust/anxiety just after they got married.

I really cannot fault a guy in this situation (MAFS) to be genuinely freaked about a woman who now won't touch him or make out with him over the next 6+ weeks.  WHY would anyone agree to marry someone who seems physically repulsed by them?

Sure, he sounds like a horny teenager, but I blame that mostly on production. Its too bad they couldn't coach him to talk in more depth about the lack of physical affection rather than just saying sex over and over and over again. It does make him look bad.

And no, Danielle should not be expected to have sex just because she married a guy.

So I don't think either of them is wrong- its just that Danielle isn't into him and thus, doesn't want to get physical, and as a man, he knows this is a bad sign, and he's probably sick of feeling rejected by her and wishes he could cut bait sooner.

I guess I don't like that its being painted that HE is he source of the problem just because he wants sex.

Both the other guys openly admitted that its an important part of the whole process for them- they were just luckier that the women they got paired with wanted to keep have sexytime with them.

• Love 4

Danielle was a bad match for Cody. She wanted a manly man. Which doomed their marriage. She put huge stress on him. As it was said she was turned on when they worked out together. Other than that no. Playing the long game it is her job to be an innocent victim. This will her find another partner. As to Cody he should go to Toastmasters and not hang out with these people. He is young and should find another life partner. This was not a win for either of them. It won't be so easy explaining this to other women. He needs to be nice and not trash Danielle. She should do the same.

15 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

See and I think Danielle is asexual.  She doesn't want to have sex.  Cody or no. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2017 at 8:28 PM, Gem 10 said:

I still don't know what Sheila is bitchin about.

Is it that she called Nate, but he was in the middle of a game so he ignored her phone call?

Or was that two fights ago?

On 7/20/2017 at 8:29 PM, roseslg said:

Everytime Cody says how 'hard' it is to not have had sex yet, I automatically think 'unlike your dick'.  I must stop.   He just keeps saying it.  Cody, stop making me think like a 15 yr old boy!  I'm a grown ass woman!

So now you're making us think it, huh? Gee, thanks. LOL.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:16 PM, roseslg said:

Did Cody only pack the one blue shirt? Seriously, every scene, he's wearing that shirt.   

And have you noticed that tan belt that he wears in every single episode. It dangles in front of his crotch like a penis. 

On 7/20/2017 at 10:05 PM, Snarklepuss said:

I personally have not found ONE thing about Cody attractive as a person this entire season.  Anthony and Nate both seem like great guys but Cody?  He's a whiny, self-centered, clueless, immature little twit.  Sorry, I don't love Danielle either but I still don't blame her on that point one bit.

In this episode I noticed that even is car in unattractive and dare I say, un-manly.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:39 PM, Snarklepuss said:

My husband actually used this psychology on me, otherwise we never would have dated much less gotten married.  He started off pursuing me and I was so busy avoiding him because all he did was pursue me that I never found anything to like about him.  It wasn't until his best friend told him to act as if he didn't want to date me and just be friendly to me like I was any other woman on the planet that things changed.  Bingo, after a few weeks I suddenly realized I LIKED him.  He was so afraid to ask me out by that time that I actually had to ask HIM out, LOL.  And of course the rest is history....

Me too! He would come around my office and linger and talk while I continued to do my work because i was so not interested. Then one day he just stopped coming. After a few days I had to go with my tail between my legs and be all like "so why you stopped coming around to taaaaalk????" And then we got married and then we got divorced. So there, that'll show me to follow up!

21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Cody's stupid belt.. a strap is not a belt.

That damn penis belt.

13 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

But will he impregnate the MAFS correspondent 2 weeks later?

10 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

She is no femme fatale , what if Cody said he wanted a more feminine girl, how do you think Danielle would act.  

I

Probably like Sonia did last season.

• Love 2

As for "Starving Rock Lodge": Nothing says "romance" like taxidermy!

Made me cry- the murder of all those animals. I could not have stayed in there.

Danielle sure dresses to empress! So sexy with that homeless outfit. If he doesn't turn you on then end the marriage.I am so tired of hearing about it!

Sheila is a Right Fighter and will never see any other side but her own. I wanted to push her over when she started on her "we are done". Actually I wanted to slug her but I am trying to be more of a lady.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And have you noticed that tan belt that he wears in every single episode. It dangles in front of his crotch like a penis. 

He wants us to have a visual on his sad state of affairs...? 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

If he doesn't turn you on then end the marriage.I am so tired of hearing about it!

Except that they are encouraged to keep trying for the entire length of filming. I'm sure there are contract agreements in place with regard to this - especially after last season. 

When Heather walked out, it was pretty early on. They hadn't even gotten to the living together stage so she still had her place.

Danielle may have no handy place to go. They have given up their respective apartments to occupy a new one together. She may have sublet her old place. Cody can always go home. I honestly don't know the entire financial arrangements regarding the new places. I've heard conflicting information. But I have seen the couples talk about budget and what they can afford. And I remember David from last season offer to pay for the rental so Ashley could concentrate on her studies.

In any event,  I don't think couples are expected to pay for both their old and new places simultaneously. Someone must pick up the tab for the old apartment if there is a lease in place. 

In addition, there may be practical constraints. I imagine there are a lot of missed days from work. Between getting married, dress shopping, ring shopping, gift shopping, two honeymoons, apartment hunting, moving, and production, Danielle might be out of time off. She has a good job. Most employers expext you to schedule vacation time in advance. These couples went from the "We found you a match" phone call, to saying "I do" in two weeks. Danielle may be out of vacation days and sick time. Moving again so soon could be too much. Perhaps she just wants to fulfill her obligation and move on.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, princelina said:

I still want to know what happened on the honeymoon when Cody wanted to "slow things down".

Me too! There's obviously something we're not being shown; maybe something that happened off camera entirely. Between the Honeymoon Incident and the odd way Cody talks about sex and his alleged prior conquests, I strongly suspect he's not the Sexual Champion we've been led to believe. Maybe Danielle isn't turned on by having to explain Tab A --> Slot B. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, princelina said:

I still want to know what happened on the honeymoon when Cody wanted to "slow things down".

Yes! The way I remember it, she was ready to get cozy. He said something about being true to himself and just wanting to be friends. What happened? Now they've flipped the script!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/21/2017 at 8:16 PM, MsPH said:

It's fine for [Sheila] to say stuff like "I'm ending the marriage" and "I don't want to be with someone like you" and call [Nate] a bitch and speak to him with total disrespect, but god forbid he says something nasty in the heat of the moment.

Gotta say, I'm in complete agreement with her self-assessment of being "vicious" and "not easy to love." PERIOD!

Edited by 2727
  • Love 6
On 7/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

I think Anthony and Ashley will stay married for now, but I don't see them succeeding long-term.  Ashley has NO boundaries with her sister at all, and her sister is SO dominant that I don't see Anthony being able to crack that.  Ashley WILL give her sister a key if she demands it, and that is where Anthony will either have to draw a line in the sand or walk.  Ashley may then insist that her sister have the key, and there they are.

If Ashley manages to set some boundaries, I don't see them lasting because she is such a doomsayer.  She is afraid of her own shadow and unless she learns to conquer her fears from him, they will probably get to a point where he goes hiking without her and other "adventurous" activities without her, meet someone else who IS more like him, and boom -- there you go.

I don't even care what the other two couples do.

I don't see the sister as such a huge negative influence. Lots of women are best friends with their sisters (I see this in Italian families, my own included, a lot).  What I'm seeing as an issue with A&A is that  she is an offense-collector and the second she gets that upset/hurt/"I'm going to get offended now" look on her face, Anthony starts backpedaling and capitulating to her (such as in the previous episode when he ran to the bedroom to apologize to her for... what? Getting a little peeved after she nagged him to fill out the apartment application and then pouted in the bedroom and said she'd order food only for herself). I think this is what he's talking about when he refers to being the one who compromises more.  He's letting her drive the train a lot of the time to avoid rocking the boat.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I am going to take a slightly different approach to the Cody/Danielle death-spiral (board on boards here!!!!!!)

She was having sexy time with him initially, but then she realized she isn't attracted to him as a person. She probably acted out of lust/anxiety just after they got married.

I really cannot fault a guy in this situation (MAFS) to be genuinely freaked about a woman who now won't touch him or make out with him over the next 6+ weeks.  WHY would anyone agree to marry someone who seems physically repulsed by them?

Sure, he sounds like a horny teenager, but I blame that mostly on production. Its too bad they couldn't coach him to talk in more depth about the lack of physical affection rather than just saying sex over and over and over again. It does make him look bad.

And no, Danielle should not be expected to have sex just because she married a guy.

So I don't think either of them is wrong- its just that Danielle isn't into him and thus, doesn't want to get physical, and as a man, he knows this is a bad sign, and he's probably sick of feeling rejected by her and wishes he could cut bait sooner.

I guess I don't like that its being painted that HE is he source of the problem just because he wants sex.

Both the other guys openly admitted that its an important part of the whole process for them- they were just luckier that the women they got paired with wanted to keep have sexytime with them.

Too expand on your last point, this isn't even a guy thing. Ashley and Shelia were pretty clear in their talking heads during the group dinner that no sex for this long would not have been okay with them either.

As I've read regarding Cody, he was asked about the no sex thing during interviews at least 5 times a day. It's because it's the only narrative they have. Danielle won't come out and say she's not into him and why. He doesn't know how to fix things. So, that's literally the only hook the show has for them. Will they have sex with each other before the time period is over and will it change things.

Sex at this point is also code. Of course, in a sense, it is about sex. But, the two aren't intimate from what we see at all. No romance or any of the stuff normal couples do. So, they are basically roommates at this point. Being just roommates with my wife would make me unhappy too. I wouldn't whine about it but I would also not subject myself to a show where that topic is asked about as many times a day as my eating and showering habits.

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I don't see the sister as such a huge negative influence. Lots of women are best friends with their sisters (I see this in Italian families, my own included, a lot).  What I'm seeing as an issue with A&A is that  she is an offense-collector and the second she gets that upset/hurt/"I'm going to get offended now" look on her face, Anthony starts backpedaling and capitulating to her (such as in the previous episode when he ran to the bedroom to apologize to her for... what? Getting a little peeved after she nagged him to fill out the apartment application and then pouted in the bedroom and said she'd order food only for herself). I think this is what he's talking about when he refers to being the one who compromises more.  He's letting her drive the train a lot of the time to avoid rocking the boat.

Weve literally seen and heard from Ashley's own mouth that her sister in constantly turning her away from things she seems too dangerous or bad and pushes until Ashley starts to think way. 

1. How is that not a negative influence on someone's life?

2. How is it ever a good thing for someone else to have much influence over someone who's in a marriage? Her sister is also her best friends. Someone she would confide in. Who would want someone around as much as she wants to be who easily fuck up your own marriage with her words, doubts and concerns?

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Made me cry- the murder of all those animals. I could not have stayed in there.

OMG it reminded me of when we used to go swim at some friend's of the families, the lady's parent's house. You'd walk in on the second floor to an atrium. Once you got downstairs to go out to the pool, it was scary as hell. There was all different kinds of animals but the one I remember the most to this day was the big bear on hind legs. It was something you had to walk by to get to the bathroom. That thing freaked me out. I am far from a fan of animals like that. 

5 hours ago, princelina said:

5 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Yes! The way I remember it, she was ready to get cozy. He said something about being true to himself and just wanting to be friends. What happened? Now they've flipped the script!

Yeah I think they both got screwed on the edits. First its one way then its another. Yet if she was saying she never felt "chemistry" with him and she keeps reminding everyone how its so important for her that is why it slowed down. I'm taking it that he tried to have sex on the honeymoon but was turned down so he decide to go with the slow things down and such. I am betting there is so much more to the talks then what we saw. He had said he tried again at least one time and was turned down. She had said she was to tired. Which ok that is fine but sadly all the show is going on about with them is this subject. They aren't showing us anything else and they both look worn out and tired at this point from it too. It would have been more entertaining if they had showed us more of the time they spent together doing other things and discussing other things but then if they did that it wouldn't fit with the MAFS producers' narrative would it? SMH Its kind of disturbing how the show is about this too IMO.

48 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Danielle won't come out and say she's not into him and why.

She told rachel during a visit how she wasn't feeling the "chemistry" with him and that is how it was from the get go. Yet we have never seen her really tell him that. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2

Nate and Sheila -  I spent several minutes while Sheila was on screen saying "FUUUUUUUCK THAT BIIIIIIITCH. Nate, listen to the ship leave the port. Yell Bon Voyage. The ship is saying FUUUUUUUCK THAAAAAT BIIIIIITCH". To be fair, my girlfriend was laying next to me, laughing and telling me to shut up. Also to stop saying the word "bitch". But seriously. I didn't like that Nate had to beg Sheila for forgiveness like she caught him with Becky with the good hair. It's demeaning for anybody to have to over-apologize, especially to someone who will justify their own bad behavior for days and days and will only apologize for their role in a situation after getting a pound of flesh. I don't care how many good qualities Sheila has, if she comes undone and is willing to throw away a relationship because an argument she started got out of hand...forget her. I take that more personal than a lot of people. The quickest way to have me out of your life is to think you can dictate what words come out of my mouth and when. I'm not saying he should be able to disrespect her, but he should be able to say what he needs to say to her without her turning heel and running away. Fuck that. You guys are both young and have your health and strength and no kids. Imagine when life gets more complicated? I wouldn't want to collaborate on how to raise that plant he gave her, much less own a home and have children with her.

Anthony and Ashley - Like I said, I get subtle lazy vibes from Anthony. I will say this re: wives telling their husbands over and over to do things: ladies, take my word for it because your man probably won't be this honest with you -- we mildly resent when you tell us what to do. It reminds us of our mothers. One of the great things about getting older, making your own money, and living on your own is that you call your own shots. We love you, but we don't want a second mommy. Most guys don't keep after their wives reminding them to do shit, and for good reason: it's fucking annoying. To most men, when you "remind" (or, nag) us about stuff, we're thinking, "if this is such a big deal, why am I not that concerned about it?", possibly followed by, "if it's such a big deal to you, why haven't you just gone and done it instead of bugging me about it?" Unless the police are going to come and take the house away and we have to turn tricks for food and/or drug money (or if you're like me, you have to keep turning tricks for food and drug money), we're not going to rush to do much.

Like I said in last week's thread, the way to get a guy to do something when you want is ask him to do it when it needs to be done. If a form needs to be filled out and submitted by 6:00pm on Friday, please don't come nagging me about doing it at 7:30am on Wednesday. Just tell us on Thursday we need to submit a form by COB on Friday and let it go. This might sound like sorriness or laziness, but it's like, at a certain point after spending your life waiting on people to do shit, sitting in traffic while people slow-poke around, standing in long lines while people take their time, getting to appointments 10-15 minutes early to wait an additional 20-30 minutes...you start to develop an "I'll get there when I get there/it'll get done when it gets done" type mentality. Nobody else seems to be in a huge rush for you, so why are you rushing so much for other people's benefit? I used to be that guy who wanted to be everywhere early, because that's just who I was. But when I started realizing I was stressing myself for people who don't give a fuck and who will waste your time with not even a "sorry for your wait". So I no longer have a ton of anxiety about punctuality and lateness. I don't intentionally slow-ass around, but I don't stress about it, either. Unless it's a strict time for work or court, I'll be there when I get there.

That said, Anthony and Ashley seem to be doing well, but I think Anthony is possibly holding back because Ashley seems a little neurotic at times. He probably doesn't want to give in too much because he likes the Honeymoon phase they're in now. I think they'll wind up with one another, but I can sense his reticence.

Cody and Danielle - I completely agree with whoever said Cody should've tried the reverse psychology route with Danielle a long time ago. It seems like the only time she seems attracted to him is when he isn't making eyes at her. When he's working out or shooting pool and there's something else to do besides beg at her lap for meager signs of approval, she all of a sudden finds him manly. Which goes back to what I said about her: she's attracted to men who aren't crazy about her. Danielle wants a Mr. Big; someone she can win over. Cody, with his nice guy routine, is there, hat in hand, and there's no chase.

I've said it before, but I don't think Danielle or any woman should sleep with a guy if she doesn't want to, but that's the only credit I'm going to give Danielle. She's been stringing that dude along this entire time, and my thing is, Danielle doesn't have a good reason not to sleep with him. If Cody was just some random guy at a bar, she wouldn't need one, and if he was actively repulsive, I would say it's obvious to everyone why she's not attracted and she's just being nice about it.  But they're married, so while she doesn't have to have sex with him, I do think she owes him a straight answer. And the fact that she hasn't given one doesn't make her look good. But Cody seems like a perfectly reasonable dude who has to share space with a chick he married who just wants to treat him like they're going to the Junior High Homecoming dance. Holding hands and snuggling. I don't think Cody is being intentionally annoying about them not having sex; I think the producers are pushing him to keep bringing it up. And if Danielle came up with an actual reason besides "I'm just not there yet"...the fuck? Maybe Cody would quit mentioning it, sack up, and leave.

And one thing about it, I keep saying, Danielle is 30 years old. It's not like she's filling in the void with her winning personality. Danielle is pretty much a freaking zero in the personality department. I'm not a huge fan of Ashley and Sheila, but on their best days at least they seem like vibrant women. Danielle doesn't come off affable and cute in a girly kind of way, sexy and alluring in a womanly kind of way, insightful and mature....nothing. She's just...a chick. Well put-together, with bangs. And like someone said, if Cody said in a TH or told her to her face, that he wanted someone more girly or womanly, she would definitely feel salty about it. So whatever. I hope Cody finds a nice girl around his age and can date and have fun and leave Danielle to her dogs.

• Love 4