Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Second Honeymoons

• Start Topic

Nate can't scream at Sheila, but she's allowed to multiple times. 

I know the producers probably are giving her a bad edit, but they can't fake her screaming at him. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Anthony and Ashley are going to Starved Rock! That is about 15 minutes away from where I live! It's funny our local newspaper didn't pick up on this. 

I've never heard of it. Why do they call it "starved"?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I've never heard of it. Why do they call it "starved"?

It's Illinois' state park. Back in the time of the native Americans there was a battle and a group of native America's were chased to the top of the highest rock and they starved to death. I know, it's depressing. 

• Love 1

This show is stupid.  I can't wait for it to end!  Why am I watching it?  Whhhhhy?

Everytime Cody says how 'hard' it is to not have had sex yet, I automatically think 'unlike your dick'.  I must stop.   He just keeps saying it.  Cody, stop making me think like a 15 yr old boy!  I'm a grown ass woman!

Anthony remind me of my husband in that he waits until the last minute to do something or say that he's going to do something and doesn't do it until I remind him ten times.

It's hard to pick a dog in the Nate and Sheila fight, but i hate that pastor Calvin is using faith as a way to keep them in line.   Just shut it.

I don't have any wine.  Watching this show while drinking lemonade is not the same.

• Love 14
(edited)
21 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Nate can't scream at Sheila, but she's allowed to multiple times. 

I know the producers probably are giving her a bad edit, but they can't fake her screaming at him. 

I know that I've said Sheila gets a bad edit, and I still think she does, but I also think she's shooting herself in the foot.  On one hand, she does want to be married, on the other hand she wants it to be her way.  Her expectations are leading to resentments.  Perhaps a counselor needs to sit her down and tell her that it's never going to be 100% the way she wants.  Now, I don't know what Nate said and I wish I did know so I could make up my mind.

There's something I want to say about disrespect, but I don't know how to put it without sounding like I'm generalizing.  Maybe I'll have a better idea on how to say it later.

The reason the pastor uses faith is this, it's easy to have faith when things are going good, but when things aren't going good, it's hard to have faith, much easier to throw in the towel and say, "later."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, roseslg said:

Anthony remind me of my husband in that he waits until the last minute to do something or say that he's going to do something and doesn't do it until I remind him ten times.

Ugh same. My brother is like that too. Maybe it's a male thing lol 

• Love 4
Just now, Neurochick said:

I know that I've said Sheila gets a bad edit, and I still think she does, but I also think she's shooting herself in the foot.  On one hand, she does want to be married, on the other hand she wants it to be her way.  Her expectations are leading to resentments.  Perhaps a counselor needs to sit her down and tell her that it's never going to be 100% the way she wants.  Now, I don't know what Nate said and I wish I did know so I could make up my mind.

There's something I want to say about disrespect, but I don't know how to put it without sounding like I'm generalizing.  Maybe I'll have a better idea on how to say it later.

Sheila flies off the handle at nothing.  Nate is clumsy, but I don't see anything evil in him, certainly not the way Sheila sees him.

I still don't have a clue what Danielle wants.  I keep thinking she needs a good shtup by Tormund Giantsbane from "Game of Thrones" -- a big smelly guy wrapped in animal skins.  Maybe that will be "manly" enough for her.

• Love 20
(edited)
6 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I still don't have a clue what Danielle wants.  I keep thinking she needs a good shtup by Tormund Giantsbane from "Game of Thrones" -- a big smelly guy wrapped in animal skins.  Maybe that will be "manly" enough for her.

LMAO Probably would say he wasn't "manly" enough either. Girl has no idea what she thinks is "manly" or what she even wants in a spouse. Only thing her and Cody seem to have in common is they are both immature and shouldn't have been picked for this show....let alone each other.

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I'm in charge of filling out all the paperwork.  I even fill out his papers at the Doctors office.  He's totally spoiled.  My fault.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm in charge of filling out all the paperwork.  I even fill out his papers at the Doctors office.  He's totally spoiled.  My fault.

I fill it out for a lot of things but when it comes to the doctor stuff that is his. Of course I did have to find him a doctor when we needed to change to one closer to home. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think at this point Cody and Danielle are just riding it out until decision day, cut their loses , get the paycheck, buh bye. 

I don't understand exactly why Shelia is so upset. Nate yelled at her. Said some shit she didn't like. maybe stuff happened or things were said that was not filmed. 

So I guess you apologize and give Shelia a plant and all is well? 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Will the episode end with Anthony & Ashley saying I love you? Did Ashley say in a talking head that she loves Anthony? Why doesn't she just tell him? 

Probably so the producers and "experts" don't butt in and ruin it. They have been pretty smart about what they have let out IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I think at this point Cody and Danielle are just riding it out until decision day, cut their loses , get the paycheck, buh bye. 

I don't understand exactly why Shelia is so upset. Nate yelled at her. Said some shit she didn't like. maybe stuff happened or things were said that was not filmed. 

Stuck in a contract is what they are. LOL 

There is stuff missing from Sheila and Nate's fight for sure that was not caught on camera or totally got left on the edit room floor. Which does make it hard to understand what is going on and whether or not she should be so upset or not. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

LMAO Probably would say he wasn't "manly" enough either. Girl has no idea what she thinks is "manly" or what she even wants in a spouse. Only thing her and Cody seem to have in common is they are both immature and shouldn't have been picked for this show....let alone each other.

Danielle wants a manly man.  Maybe she's not a womanly woman.  What's so great about her?  She should try to make a man out of him .... If she knows how.    Sick of them.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I fill it out for a lot of things but when it comes to the doctor stuff that is his. Of course I did have to find him a doctor when we needed to change to one closer to home. 

I feel you.  My husband usually finds the worst doctors...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I feel you.  My husband usually finds the worst doctors...

For us it wasn't the case but that I have more time than he does for that stuff. *rollseyes* Yet I was looking for new ones for our kids and myself as well so he basically got stuck with who I picked and to bad. It was the same as the boys so it worked out well. Only time I seem to have issues picking doctors out is women doctors. I have had a string of bad luck with ones in the past. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

I'm beginning to think Sheila acts crazy on purpose - to see if Nate will stay with her through all of her craziness. 

She needs a continuous flow of Prozac.  Her moods are up & down, up & down.  Nate is really in for it.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

So I guess you apologize and give Shelia a plant and all is well? 

Here's what I think.  Years ago I saw this therapist on TV worked with feuding couples.  One thing she said to them was, "don't yell at each other, don't talk loud to each other."  She made them talk softly.  When someone talks softly, you have to concentrate to hear them, but you listen more intently.  If someone yells, "I'm sorry!" to some people it's like, "blah, blah, blah," they don't respond to loud voices.   I watched "Black Ink Crew" yesterday and I noticed that when people shout at each other, nobody listens, nobody spoke in a low voice and nobody listened.  

I'm beginning to think Sheila acts crazy on purpose - to see if Nate will stay with her through all of her craziness. 

I think you might be onto something.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

Ashley & Anthony signed a lease for a new apartment, not that this is shocking, but the producers need to cut the "will they/won't they" act. Their decision should be said first. 

Even through all of the turmoil im guessing Sheila and Nate will still stay together. They may make their decision last since it seems so up in the air. 

And I can't even watch Cody and Danielle any more. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

Ashley & Anthony signed a lease for a new apartment, not that this is shocking, but the producers need to cut the "will they/won't they" act. Their decision should be said first. 

Surprised they have been so open on this since the show is always trying to make it look like a will they/won't they act. Of course it could just be for show too....never know when it comes to this one. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Did Cody only pack the one blue shirt? Seriously, every scene, he's wearing that shirt.   

Danielle and I, Cody, Danielle and I!  

Maybe it's all the same day? Lol

or he just had multiples 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Maybe it's all the same day? Lol

or he just had multiples 

Wouldn't be the first time this show has used scenes over and over again and had people in the same outfits for whatever reasons. 

• Love 2

But Danielle is wearing a different outfit in each scene...why do I care?

3 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Wouldn't be the first time this show has used scenes over and over again and had people in the same outfits for whatever reasons. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, roseslg said:

But Danielle is wearing a different outfit in each scene...why do I care?

Just how it is edited probably. Or as was said maybe he does have multiples of the same shirt. LOL 

(edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 8:44 AM, Drogo said:

Before they face the experts one last time, the couples head out of town on a second honeymoon to help gain clarity about their final decisions.

Danielle couldn't make it any plainer.  She isn't interested in Cody sexually.  Unfortunately she's been pretending it's just a matter to getting to know him better.

Edited by coconutcookie
  • Love 8

So ...   Ashley & Anthony will stay together.

Sheila & Nate will stay together because of their religion, and  Tyree likes Sheila.

Cody & Danielle will finally have sex, but not with each other.  Divorced.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I keep thinking she needs a good shtup by Tormund Giantsbane from "Game of Thrones" -- a big smelly guy wrapped in animal skins.  Maybe that will be "manly" enough for her.

Not being a GoT viewer, I read that as "Tormund Giantsbone."  My eyes just 'bout got whiplash backing up to read it again!

• Love 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

Danielle couldn't make it any plainer.  She isn't interested in Cody sexually.  Unfortunately she's been pretending it's just a matter to getting to know him better.

I don't think she isn't into him sexually.  She just isn't into HIM, period as a person in general, and THAT'S why she doesn't want to be physical with him.  When she says there's no "spark" there, she's talking about clicking with him as a person, not sexually - I said this a few days ago in another thread and she confirmed it in the "Unfiltered" that was tacked at the end of this episode.  I realized then that I have been right about her feelings all along.  If she clicked with him as a person her desire for sex with him would definitely follow.  She has been clear that her not wanting sex is not because she doesn't find him attractive physically.  She does.  She just isn't finding him attractive as a PERSON.  His INSIDES.  And let's face it - a guy that's non-stop "poor little old me" about her not wanting to have sex with him is only going to make her find him LESS attractive as a person.  He is the one putting a big cock block in front of him when he acts that way.  He is not allowing her to feel close to him in any way, either emotionally or physically.   And he's also not allowing HIMSELF to click with her either!  She made clear to Jamie Otis that he was non-stop about it even after having discussions with him to explain it to him.  One would think the guy would get a clue and be patient and stop that behavior so MAYBE something could grow between them (hah, that too!), but NOOOOO.  

And I don't blame Danielle for wanting to click on an emotional level with a guy she just MARRIED before she has sex with him.  Why have sex with him if there's no deeper connection?  If you're marrying the person you want a deeper connection otherwise it's just an affair.  This is not a Tinder hook-up, this is MARRIAGE.  Of course Cody can't even grasp that concept because he strikes me as someone that has not had very deep relationships with women in his past.  It's mostly been about surface stuff between him and women.  And with him sex is the first thing on the agenda and if anything else follows, great.  If not, oh well, on to the next sexual hook up.  He just can't relate to a person that wants a real connection with a person before they have sex.  Anthony and Ashley clicked from DAY ONE so that was no issue for them.  Same for Tom and Lilly last year.  But Danielle and Cody did not click at all, but all Cody can do is whine about not having sex which tells me he doesn't care about clicking with anyone before he has sex.  He just wants to have sex, period, and then maybe he might be interested in a relationship.  That's OK if you're just dating around, but this guy just got MARRIED.  I'm sure this was not lost on Danielle.  She was probably thinking to herself the whole time, "We don't even click as people and all he can do is whine about not having sex with me?  What is this about for him?"  It's like he's made her having sex with him a prerequisite for investing himself in her as a person.  If she doesn't have sex with him he'll just be on to the next person.  What woman on this EARTH would find that attractive?   He's just made it obvious that he's not interested in HER as a person at all, just getting into BED with her and then MAYBE having a relationship with her (I guess if the sex is good enough).  Basically telling Jamie he can't trust Danielle unless she has sex with him was just over the top.  It's all about her serving HIM, he couldn't care less about what SHE needs at all!

I personally have not found ONE thing about Cody attractive as a person this entire season.  Anthony and Nate both seem like great guys but Cody?  He's a whiny, self-centered, clueless, immature little twit.  Sorry, I don't love Danielle either but I still don't blame her on that point one bit.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 13

I can't wait for the follow up episode that happens after the experiment is over. Because I want to see how far up her sisters ass Ashley can go.  I see Anthony is not the type to let her keep getting her way on that front, and he seems like he's holding back for the cameras, but I would love to be a fly on the wall when he finally says "enough is enough - we can't live inside your sisters ass anymore Ashley!"

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, JAndy said:

Lol!  Yeah, I can see Anthony in a couple years saying, "I'll get it done.  You don't have to remind me every six months!"

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Paddywagon said:

Lol!  Yeah, I can see Anthony in 10 years saying, "I'll get it done.  You don't have to remind me every six months!"

LOL, sounds like my husband!  I do sometimes wonder if it's a male thing.  But in Ashley and Anthony's case I think there's also a personality aspect to it.  Ashley strikes me as a typical "Type A" personality while Anthony is more laid back and "Type B", which looks like laziness to Type A people when it's just a different approach to life.  If anyone knows Myers Briggs personality theory, Ashley would be a J type while Anthony is a P.  J types are very organized and punctual while P types just go with the flow and let everything happen.  J types like to control when and how things happen and are more concerned with deadlines and following rules.  Anthony made it clear in this episode that he likes to break rules.  I think their conflict is a classic J vs. P personality clash.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

Maybe he should try reverse psychology.  He should STOP talking about sex, ignore her like he's not interested in her anymore and is not feeling anything for Her any more.  Maybe then she will want to prove to him that she's so desirable and have sex with him finally.  When there is a challenge, there is a way.  And, what's one more guy?  I'm sure she's had sex before .. And they are married after all.   What the heck.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe he should try reverse psychology.  He should STOP talking about sex, ignore her like he's not interested in her anymore and is not feeling anything for Her any more.  Maybe then she will want to prove to him that she's so desirable and have sex with him finally.  When there is a challenge, there is a way.  And, what's one more guy?  I'm sure she's had sex before .. And they are married after all.   What the heck.

Exactly!  You'd think this would have occurred to him by now, but noooooo.....

This is actually pretty well known in couples therapy.  When one person in a couple is pursuing, the other one may resist and distances.  The only "cure" to get them to come together is for the pursuer to stop pursuing to allow the distancer to "find" their feelings for the person.  Otherwise, if they keep pursuing the distancer will never want the person and the two will never get together. 

My husband actually used this psychology on me, otherwise we never would have dated much less gotten married.  He started off pursuing me and I was so busy avoiding him because all he did was pursue me that I never found anything to like about him.  It wasn't until his best friend told him to act as if he didn't want to date me and just be friendly to me like I was any other woman on the planet that things changed.  Bingo, after a few weeks I suddenly realized I LIKED him.  He was so afraid to ask me out by that time that I actually had to ask HIM out, LOL.  And of course the rest is history....

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Danielle, you're not an innocent virgin. If you have even a tiny bit of interest in staying with Cody, Just Do It!  You agreed to marry him.  She drank all that beer and still wasn't interested? 

Every shot I saw, his glasses were all almost empty and hers were all almost full - plus she gave him one of hers. She wasn't even gonna let a drunken makeout session happen. lol

• Love 3

OMG could pepper just SHUT UP!!! There is a reason they don't say I love you. It doesn't matter if they do or not at this point since as we are reminded its now "7 weeks since they got married as strangers." *gag* calvin needs to shut up as well. I wish they would stop acting like they gave a shit about these people too because they really don't care what happens to them. If they did they would be more responsible with matches and advice and butting in like they do. 

Anthony and Ashley are cute together. Him helping her along like he did was sweet and the tent set up. Ok sorry but why would Ashley's sister say she can come over and borrow her clothes...its obvious they don't wear the same size but I doubt her sister is as bad as she has come off on the show and sounds. I think its more a producer butting in issue really. Otherwise why have we only seen her a few times? You would think we would have seen her a ton more if it was really that big an issue. I laughed at the she isn't going to have a key question by him. Which my MIL has a key for our place and we do her's. Yet she knocks and doesn't just barge in and we do the same as well. Really, why make it seem like there is doubt with them but show us how they signed for a new place to live? Stupid MAFS producers/editors. UGH

As far as the I love yous with Anthony and Ashley.....I can imagine neither one wanted to say it on camera really. Yet it reminds me of when I was first dating my husband. We both knew we felt it but weren't saying it. He would tell me how if I wanted to say something to him I could. I didn't want to say it and risk not hearing it back of course. So I just waiting for him to say it. Which didn't take to long from that time. I still remember where too. LOL 

PLEASE someone tape Danielle's mouth so we don't hear more of this trying to bring back those feelings from the wedding day and the "romantical". There was no feelings there you already admitted that so stop saying otherwise. No wonder they were matched...they both have this stupid blank looks on their faces all the time and no personalities from either one really. She so needs to chill on the blush and that same shade of lipstick. Oh Danielle, 1983 called and they want their Flashdance look back. 

I am betting that there is so much more in their talks and THs that we are not getting to make it sound like its always about sex but yet its not. The way the TH in the last scene with Cody was so obvious it was more said then about sex. This whole crap is just the edit wackjobs and the producers standing over them telling them to keep it on the one topic. Otherwise why not show us more of what they did? I don't think Danielle or Cody were going to out the producers in their ear on Unfiltered. They are the only 2 that haven't really said a thing about them when you look at it. Which even on Unfiltered its all they discuss with them too it seems like. To much with this doesn't add up at all to just being about this. Even when talking about it neither of them sounds like there is meaning behind what they are saying. It comes off more like "ugh we have to do this topic AGAIN" sounding. Which I know many don't think this is the case and that is fine but this is my opinion and how I see it and I'm not going to be debating back and forth over it. I've said all I will on it for this week. 

UGH I hate when these "experts" tell the people how they feel. Sorry calvin has no right to tell Sheila or anyone else how they are allowed to feel or suppose to feel or trust. This is crap that I can't stand because its the idiot "experts" trying to make the decisions for the people in the relationship. I don't think so. ICK Nate had to go there with the "queen" comment. Of course they are back together. *rollseyes*

5 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Danielle, you're not an innocent virgin. If you have even a tiny bit of interest in staying with Cody, Just Do It!  You agreed to marry him.  She drank all that beer and still wasn't interested? 

I got the feeling from all the booze in her apartment she liked drinking a lot. Yet I also find it hard to believe she is one of those girls that waits before jumping into bed with some guy.....if she is feeling that "chemistry". The fact is she said there was no chemistry with Cody from the get go. Which ok fine but stop with all the bs talk already.....by both of them. 

2 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

Every shot I saw, his glasses were all almost empty and hers were all almost full - plus she gave him one of hers. She wasn't even gonna let a drunken makeout session happen. lol

Its all in the editing and timing as well of those glasses too remember. Last season people though Heather was an alcoholic and drank to much on the honeymoon at a dinner but yet it was a play with the edit. One second her's looked empty and his full and then like she had another drink in the next edit while his is half empty and so on. Yet a big sign of things was what else was on the table during those scenes. Food at times and other times no food. The show is not famous for its good edit jobs. LOL Danielle had some empty glasses in front of her as well. BTW, even Ashley and Anthony's dinner was edited badly too. Food on the table...then the to go box....then food back again. Most of the time when he was supposedly saying something we saw the back of his head. So really its more than likely not even what was being discussed in that moment of the scenes but they used the audio those scenes. Nate and Sheila's meal too. One minute her face was smiling and she was sounding one way that didn't match then they show his faces and they were different each second too. Guess it tells you the budget never makes it for the editing in this show. LOL

• Love 8