Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Chantel's mother wanted her to pursue a nursing degree so she would be in the prime location to pick up and marry a doctor. She was totally on track to get M.R.S. MD. Then Pedro the illustrious dishwasher comes along to ruin the whole plan! Poor Mother Chantel had her life's plan for her precious princess upended by a hot vacation fling. Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men...

This makes way too much sense.

But honestly, if I were mom, I'd be pissed too. Especially if my kid sprung this on me at the 11th hour after so much lying.

I'm not saying Mother Chantel wouldn't have reacted better if she knew the truth, but the extra lying was like salting the Earth.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And since I'm now catching up -- having watched season 1 for the first time -- my first impression of Russ:  Is Pao a big cover for his Christian family?  At least in the early days, Russ gives off a very strong closeted gay vibe.

a lot of people's gaydar was pinging with Russ the first season. In fact, there was much speculation that the wedding wouldn't (or shouldn't) happen

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AmyBre said:

I actually agree with you in that that is the idealized version of nurses and doctors.   Let's say that most nurses show at least a little bit of empathy and are not only into themselves.   Chantel strikes me as the girl who constantly need to refresh her make up, fix her clothing and make sure she has the right lighting angle, even when she's waiting at the DMV.  A sad, pathetic life.

Pedro is going to dump that girl the minute they meet the 2 years requirement.

Thinking of Chantel as a nurse made me wonder if they make skin tight, spandex scrubs? Princess Chantel is far too hot to wear scrubs and practical, comfortable shoes.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Plus, they are willing to have their kids cohabiting with a person they barely know. Someone who could be a rapist or a pedophile. And they're more concerned with their own need to have someone than they are with the safety of their kids.

Great point and that was my initial concern season 1 when Mo moved in with Danielle and the teen girls.  As bad as Mo is, as far as we know, he didn't do anything to harm the girls.  Sadly, Danielle brought a strange man into the home and did nothing to protect her girls, which she claims she cares about so much.  Danielle dodged a bullet right there.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pretty5Vacant said:

Pao storming off the stage mumbling something about Russ not defending her. Doesn't she remember her bestie Juan belittling Russ and her smiling and NOT defending him? What a bitch

Serves her right. She wants to be miss feminist who doesn't need her husbands approval or doesn't have to consider his feelings for anything, including her little bitch friend dogging him out?  So she can be woman enough to not need him to defend her as if she's the little wifey who can't speak for herself.  Can't stand her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And since I'm now catching up -- having watched season 1 for the first time -- my first impression of Russ:  Is Pao a big cover for his Christian family?  At least in the early days, Russ gives off a very strong closeted gay vibe.  And does Pao think she could be the next Sofia Vergara?

I get the gay vibe from Russ too.  Maybe it's just bad acting. Despite what he says, he doesn't really seem to care that much about the skimpy lingerie issue.  Many men would get angry if their wives ran around dressed like Paola, especially they'd asked her not too. But Russ seems pretty blazay. He lacks passion, like he is saying what he thinks a hetero man would say.  .

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

He lacks passion, like he is saying what he thinks a hetero man would say.

My husband said the exact same thing: Russ knows what a straight man is supposed to say about lingerie and this is why he says it, but in reality he doesn't care because he's gay. And Paola either doesn't realise it, but feels lack of attention from him and is trying to get his attention, or is trying to "make him straight", and that's their entire dynamic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Thinking of Chantel as a nurse made me wonder if they make skin tight, spandex scrubs? Princess Chantel is far too hot to wear scrubs and practical, comfortable shoes.

Oh, Princess Chantel dreams of working in a high end plastic surgeon's office, or I miss my guess.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

My husband said the exact same thing: Russ knows what a straight man is supposed to say about lingerie and this is why he says it, but in reality he doesn't care because he's gay. And Paola either doesn't realise it, but feels lack of attention from him and is trying to get his attention, or is trying to "make him straight", and that's their entire dynamic.

I'm not feeling the gay thing from Russ. He seems too proud of having a hot woman. He seems like the typical Engineer to me, low key and trying to keep their emotions in check.  If he was gay though, that would make the whole Juan scenario/dynamic much more interesting!

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I get the gay vibe from Russ too.  Maybe it's just bad acting. Despite what he says, he doesn't really seem to care that much about the skimpy lingerie issue.  Many men would get angry if their wives ran around dressed like Paola, especially they'd asked her not too. But Russ seems pretty blazay. He lacks passion, like he is saying what he thinks a hetero man would say.  .

He's just tired of repeating himself. Paola knows his position and doesn't respect it. He sticks to his opinion that lingerie is for private times of their own.  He's trying to work it out with her. Decent people don't give up on marriage so fast. When he's given all he's got trying to have a good relationship and it still didn't work, he can drop her like a hot potato and still feel good about himself.

For me, she's already striked more than 3 times--she's OUT!

And what has she done for HIM, lately?

• Love 6

I thought is was interesting that Russ is so against Paola wearing lingerie but what about her everyday wear?  He picked her up from the airport and she was wearing a half shirt which she was showing way more skin than the lingerie showed.  I wonder what Russ would have said if she had worn that black strappy bathing suit on film.

I just wish he would slam a door or something to show his outrage...maybe the producers have not instructed him to do that yet, either way he lacks the passion one would have if they were really against something their partner was doing.

Maybe he is feeling defeated because he has espicy wife with a cah-reer.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I just watched season 4 with Paola with dark hair.  She looked so much prettier than the mess she has now.

Her real hair is thinning badly. She practically has a bald spot on top. You could see it first season. Then she started wearing dark wigs and weaves the following season. Now she has to bleach it; the contrast btwn her few remaining black hairs and white scalp is too noticeable. W/ blond hair you don't notice the balding so much. But she needs a weave also to make it look thicker and longer. She's a gorgeous woman but really struggles in the hair department.

Russ always speaks like he is a bad actor reading from a script. I think that the producers are telling him to be upset about the lingerie issue because they needed a storyline for the season. 

Edited by Deni
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Her real hair is thinning badly. She practically has a bald spot on top. You could see it first season. Then she started wearing dark wigs and weaves the following season. Now she has to bleach it; the contrast btwn her few remaining black hairs and white scalp is too noticeable. W/ blond hair you don't notice the balding so much. But she needs a weave also to make it look thicker and longer. She's a gorgeous woman but really struggles in the hair department.

Ah.  Maybe too many years of bad extensions?

I think Pao really spilled the beans when she said that everyone dreams of coming to America and live the American dream. By everyone she meant herself. I wonder what she meant by the American dream.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Plus, they are willing to have their kids cohabiting with a person they barely know. Someone who could be a rapist or a pedophile. And they're more concerned with their own need to have someone than they are with the safety of their kids.

I know for whatever reason there was tons of love for melanie and devar, but I just couldnt beleive she spent all that money to go see him 20 times and then moved him in with her and her son before they even met. she is truly fortunate that he is a really good kid and it seems to have worked out. I still agree whoever posted a few days ago that anyone who goes searching for a spouse out of their country often has some issues......I do think when you have children its very selfish.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2017 at 7:32 PM, Chickabiddy said:

The point is that Jorge fucking LIED about his ability to uphold his end of the bargain. And now Anfisa is pissed because she was LIED to.

She knew he was a liar before she married him. She had an inkling the first week she got here that the money and gifts were not going to flow like it had in the past. By the 89th day, she knew for a fact he wasn't wealthy and would not be able to provide the lifestyle she aspires to. She married him anyway. Her eyes were wide open when she said "I do" so her whole 'I was deceived' song and dance bores me.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:37 PM, brillia79 said:

I wouldn't say I feel bad for Anfisa, but even if she's getting attention now, this isn't gonna last.

See also: Jason and Cassia

On 8/30/2017 at 10:14 AM, Desert Rat said:

I stand by my statement that this show has done a disservice to people living with brain disorders, like Tourette's... My point is that this show has added to the confusion and compounded the stigma associated with brain disorders.  These should not be snickered at tor diminished.  This show is making things more difficult for people living with these conditions.

It's been a long time since TLC was The Learning Channel. TLC is about sensationalism and exploitation in pursuit of ratings and revenue. Please let go of any expectation you've had that this network is about helping anyone, educating anyone, or being fair to anyone.

16 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

Re: Jorge - He is angry and dangerous, IMO. Anfisa is annoying, but I hope she gets a restraining order against him. He wants to destroy her. Shudder!

Not sure I understand how you got to that conclusion. She's the one who has been physically violent. He's mostly sitting around looking sullen.

11 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Chantel's mother wanted her to pursue a nursing degree so she would be in the prime location to pick up and marry a doctor. She was totally on track to get M.R.S. MD.

At a community college? Is that a target-rich environment?

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, Princess Chantel dreams of working in a high end plastic surgeon's office, or I miss my guess.

BINGO.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I do think Pao has real feelings for him, but more like dependency feelings - not feelings of someone madly in love, who also wants their spouse to be fulfilled and happy too.  She has been dead-set on orchestrating everything in their lives to fit her vision and HER vision only. 

I think she feels a distracted sort of affection for him. But you're right. It's not love if you're not willing to sacrifice for your partner. This ain't The Gift of the Magi.  Not her her side, anyway.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

20 HOURS AGO,  7ISBLUE SAID: 

Re: Jorge - He is angry and dangerous, IMO. Anfisa is annoying, but I hope she gets a restraining order against him. He wants to destroy her. Shudder!

Not sure I understand how you got to that conclusion. She's the one who has been physically violent. He's mostly sitting around looking sullen. 

I recognize the stalker/ obsessive in him. His desire for revenge because she made a fool of him. It's a hunch. I've got spidey-sense for this kind of thing (unfortunately). 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, lovesnark said:

as an audiologist, I fear for those patients with hearing loss, trying to understand what the heck she is saying through her clenched teeth!!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Maybe; when I was younger I was a nurse in a hospital and I am very high maintenance. However you quickly learn that the job is so high demanding that you dont give a shit how you look in your scrubs. Lots of nurses nowadays are like that too and just doll up outside of work. 

• Love 1

Anfisa may have been totally honest about her intentions - she is trading her beautiful (her words) looks for a life of pampered luxury. People may look at her and think that she is being honest and intelligent about this, and should be respected for that. I can only laugh. No matter how beautiful she is - if her only trade-off is looks, eventually her rich husband will resent her and DESPISE her. She would have been smarter to say she wanted to take care of her husband in return by cooking meals for him, cleaning and making the house cozy, but no - she refused all of that and said she deserved a life of luxury simply for being beautiful. A situation where a man works hard and makes tons of money and the wife doesnt do shit but shop  and visit the plastic surgeon will always end up in resent and of course the husband will find a new plaything.  Anfisa thinks that she can just hook in and marry another rich, perhaps older man - sure she can ! There are probably 1000s of dumb rich men who would marry her tomorrow. But 5,7, 10 years down the road he is going to be shtupping the nanny while she is out getting Botox. Just my $0.02. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Anfisa may have been totally honest about her intentions - she is trading her beautiful (her words) looks for a life of pampered luxury. People may look at her and think that she is being honest and intelligent about this, and should be respected for that. I can only laugh. No matter how beautiful she is - if her only trade-off is looks, eventually her rich husband will resent her and DESPISE her. She would have been smarter to say she wanted to take care of her husband in return by cooking meals for him, cleaning and making the house cozy, but no - she refused all of that and said she deserved a life of luxury simply for being beautiful. A situation where a man works hard and makes tons of money and the wife doesnt do shit but shop  and visit the plastic surgeon will always end up in resent and of course the husband will find a new plaything.  Anfisa thinks that she can just hook in and marry another rich, perhaps older man - sure she can ! There are probably 1000s of dumb rich men who would marry her tomorrow. But 5,7, 10 years down the road he is going to be shtupping the nanny while she is out getting Botox. Just my $0.02. 

This is true, but I think gold diggers tend to think they'll ride the tide as long as possible and make it too expensive to divorce her.   She probably would hire a nanny just to shtupp the husband she isn't interested in.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

This is true, but I think gold diggers tend to think they'll ride the tide as long as possible and make it too expensive to divorce her.   She probably would hire a nanny just to shtupp the husband she isn't interested in.  

Yes, exactly. And its pretty sad

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Anfisa thinks that she can just hook in and marry another rich, perhaps older man - sure she can ! There are probably 1000s of dumb rich men who would marry her tomorrow. But 5,7, 10 years down the road he is going to be shtupping the nanny while she is out getting Botox.

A pretty common scenario for women who start like Anfisa is to get the husband to buy her a small business, like a hair salon or a gym, and be independent by the time she is 30-something. Then they get themselves a young guy.

The business keeps them busy plus they can boss people around.

Edited by Ivanova
  • Love 5
On 8/30/2017 at 8:47 PM, kacesq said:

I don't need someone respectable, lol. I know this show is trash. I just want a host who can ask pointed questions and not let the participants run the show. I would bet there's some D List reality show vet who could host...like that woman who used to do the Bad Girls Club reunions....(Hello, my name is kacesq and I'm addicted to trashy reality shows.)

I know she may be everyone cup of cocoa (especially recently) but Kathy Griffith would have been great - she would have called out everyone on their shit.  

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

A pretty common scenario for women who start like Anfisa is to get the husband to buy her a small business, like a hair salon or a gym, and be independent by the time she is 30-something. Then they get themselves a young guy.

The business keeps them busy plus they can boss people around.

Ive seen that too .... 

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I know she may be everyone cup of cocoa (especially recently) but Kathy Griffith would have been great - she would have called out everyone on their shit.  

A trashy mouthed host would have 10x for this kind of reunion than someone who comes off as "poised" like this one because she was basically sitting there the whole time just listening with shock. 

I didnt like that the entire reunion was basically behind the scenes footage that was also somewhat staged. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Matias130 said:

I didnt like that the entire reunion was basically behind the scenes footage that was also somewhat staged. 

Exactly! That's what bothered me about the show, too. Too much useless info that should have been left on the cutting room floor, rather than the meat, the juicy stuff. Ah, maybe this weeks tell all will be better....

10 hours ago, chickenella said:

Exactly! That's what bothered me about the show, too. Too much useless info that should have been left on the cutting room floor, rather than the meat, the juicy stuff. Ah, maybe this weeks tell all will be better....

Better this week ????            SNORT!!!!!!!!!

On 8/30/2017 at 1:40 AM, SoshulMeedya said:

No one is calling Anfisa a saint!

On their first season, Anfisa was shown to be a gold digger, and...poor Jorge, the hapless victim. This season we learned that he not only has a criminal record, but he is not a millionaire as he told her, and in fact, is "about $30,000 in debt." So Anfisa has to accept not only the loss of the life she was promised, but the concern of being liable for his debt and any other indiscretions. The only thing we saw her demanding recently is that he stand up for her.

I don't think anyone here is saying Anfisa is a fantastic person of high character, but she made basically a business deal with Jorge and he, to quote Danielle, "frauded" her big time. Like her or not, she has a right to be upset because she has discovered one big lie or secret after another. Her gold digging may be unattractive and offensive, but I think Jorge is a far bigger rat in their situation. Lying breaks trust, pure and simple. It's hard to have a good relationship if you can't trust your partner. She will always be worried about what he might be hiding from her.

And like someone else pointed out, she knows Jorge wouldn't have been with her if she wasn't /was no longer hot. He was just as shallow in this as she was.

Why not just find a SugarDaddy then, there are websites where its all verified ?? Anfisa smart enough to know this. I am so confused. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2017 at 2:01 AM, 7isBlue said:

I recognize the stalker/ obsessive in him. His desire for revenge because she made a fool of him. It's a hunch. I've got spidey-sense for this kind of thing (unfortunately).

I agree: his thirst for revenge and humiliation is disturbing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I agree: his thirst for revenge and humiliation is disturbing.

He went from acting dopey and submissive to completely scorned...I was a little scared watching this new behavior, and I'm not even on his shit list ?. She ought to play it cool with him and focus on getting her education. Then at least she can support herself whenever the divorce finally happens. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Fun fact: Chantel's "friend" who flew in for the wedding pronounced her name like Shon-TALL instead of the way her family pronounces it, ShanTELL. Nice try, producer plants. 

One of my good friends of over 20 years, I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, pronounces my name wrong. We joke that's it's her nickname for me but she seriously cannot hear the difference between how she pronounces it and everyone else pronounces  it even though others always try and correct her if they don't know this quirk.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SoshulMeedya said:

I agree, but I think it was because Jorge had traveled to see her, and I think they traveled together, and he spent money as if he was rich, so she didn't question it.

Credit cards (smdh at jorge)

On 31/07/2017 at 1:56 AM, Kid said:

Well,  he  wasn't listening to that part either because he obviously cares about his mother more than his wife.    I would be telling him adios and moving on with my life.

Absolutely agree.  Pedro may be the "man of the house" back in his home country, but he clearly doesn't see himself in that role married to a US citizen.  His mother and sister both have issues with Pedro's decision to marry Chantal but are only too happy to get all the material goodies he provides. Their attitude towards Chantal's parents was far from welcoming - serving up chicken legs and necks spoke volumes about their true feelings. Chantal has made a big mistake marrying this clown who brags about the cost of the engagement ring to his mother, forgetting to mention that he didn't actually buy it - she did.  And will she ever see that money again? I very much doubt it as he's not going to stop supporting his grasping relatives to please his wife.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2017 at 10:16 PM, jackjill89 said:

I was appalled at the way they treated the possibility of Loren's child having Tourette's. For goodness sake, it's not cancer. So, you have a special needs child. Guess what? Your life will not end. The child will have many strengths as well as the challenges brought on by the disability, IF he/she inherits it. I thought Chantal's response was horrid. She's a nurse! It's not a disease! Holy crap, let's make Loren feel worse than she already does. Different doesn't mean less or bad. I thought that whole conversation was awful. I don't think Chantal has taken her class on bedside manners yet. Paola was the one who had the nicest things to say. 

I was also appalled by Chantal's comment about Tourette's.  Sometimes when Loren is upset I notice a little twitch but in general she handles it very well.  I am sure they are making strides and by the time their child is 5-10 and the syndrome starts to present itself many techniques or remedies may have been achieved to help handle it.   I read a very interesting article by Jeff Hayward and I was surprised to read that 1 in 100 children have a form of this.  

My sister is terminally ill with a rare form of cancer.  Since diagnosis she has survived 11 years.  She will never be cured but she will hang on as long as she can.  My point being that she was in one of the best hospitals in the country having a surgery that was a complete disaster.  Once back in a regular room one of the nurses comment to the other "oh, she has cancer all over".   Believe me I was on the phone to the head of nursing within minutes.  The head of nursing wanted to speak to my sister and I didn't want to have her repeat those words that nurse said so I let it go.  What is wrong with these people, certainly they must have a class or classes on how to handle patients and keep them motivated!  I'm sorry maybe all Chantel's brains are in her boobs, IDIOT

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I was also appalled by Chantal's comment about Tourette's.  Sometimes when Loren is upset I notice a little twitch but in general she handles it very well.  I am sure they are making strides and by the time their child is 5-10 and the syndrome starts to present itself many techniques or remedies may have been achieved to help handle it.   I read a very interesting article by Jeff Hayward and I was surprised to read that 1 in 100 children have a form of this.  

My sister is terminally ill with a rare form of cancer.  Since diagnosis she has survived 11 years.  She will never be cured but she will hang on as long as she can.  My point being that she was in one of the best hospitals in the country having a surgery that was a complete disaster.  Once back in a regular room one of the nurses comment to the other "oh, she has cancer all over".   Believe me I was on the phone to the head of nursing within minutes.  The head of nursing wanted to speak to my sister and I didn't want to have her repeat those words that nurse said so I let it go.  What is wrong with these people, certainly they must have a class or classes on how to handle patients and keep them motivated!  I'm sorry maybe all Chantel's brains are in her boobs, ODIOT!

Amen on Chantal's comment! However, I was equally appalled by Loren asking a father in front of his daughter with Tourette's about whether he had it or not.  The whole vibe in front of his daughter was:  "My husband is so worried he will have a kid with tourette's -- he would never forgive himself..."  I can't remember the exact words but for someone who has Tourette's I was shocked at how insensitive she was towards the little girl as she's having this conversation.  

And so sorry about your sister.  Lost my hubby in Dec.to colon cancer.  I know how you feel with the roller coaster ride.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

And so sorry about your sister.  Lost my hubby in Dec.to colon cancer.  I know how you feel with the roller coaster ride.

I can empathize as well.  So sorry for the loss of your husband. Lost my dad in 2014 to gastric cancer.

@Emmeline, so sorry to hear about your sister. 11 years is a long time to still be keeping going. I was diagnosed earlier this year myself and mine is somewhat rare.  I only hope I can keep on for my husband and family as long as your sister has. That said, I realize it's a roller coaster ride.  More treatment options are becoming available for many types of cancer, so hopefully you will be able to have your sister around longer with a better quality of life.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can empathize as well.  So sorry for the loss of your husband. Lost my dad in 2014 to gastric cancer.

@Emmeline, so sorry to hear about your sister. 11 years is a long time to still be keeping going. I was diagnosed earlier this year myself and mine is somewhat rare.  I only hope I can keep on for my husband and family as long as your sister has. That said, I realize it's a roller coaster ride.  More treatment options are becoming available for many types of cancer, so hopefully you will be able to have your sister around longer with a better quality of life.

So sorry about your diagnosis.  Prayers that your treatments work.

• Love 5